Why did Yea Forums never tell me how good this game was?

Why did Yea Forums never tell me how good this game was?

Attached: 220px-Nioh_cover_art.jpg (220x243, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Set Bonuses
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects
youtube.com/watch?v=NU43fs8I5AE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think alot of people even played it

Threads about this game have been positive since the beta for it you liar. That being said, a lot of the bosses suck, the enemy variety sucks, the level design sucks and it has an egregiously bad final boss. Still love it.

I never see threads on Yea Forums for it though I'm usually awake at AUS time so maybe that's why. My only gripe so far is the loot system. I love having lots of items to play around with but it feels like alot of them are useless

The only people who have been saying bad things about it are idiots who want it to be more like Dark Souls. Everyone other normal anons on Yea Forums have been singing it's praises.

it has a dozen threads every time it goes on sale which happens like every other month

I still don't believe you. Nioh has seen plenty of threads even before release. But yes, the loot is cancer incarnate but ultimately negligible unless you're autistic about gear.

My final critique is that moonlit snow ruins the skill tree system by virtue of being so much better than everything else on it.

It would be perfect if not for the loot system

It should be more like DaS in that a shitty katana should not be able to block 100% of incoming damage.

It should be less like DaS in that the final boss should not just be a shittier version of a shitty optional DaS boss.

Well fml I guess I'm blind then!
It's not like I'd see a thread and go "oooh Nioh". I've heard about it before but never saw much info on it is what I meant.

So I'm safe to ignore loot for the most? Sweet, it's rather overwhelming on first glance especially with a very unique combat system which I still haven't wrapped my head around.

Because almost all of Yea Forums are Soulsborne fans and Soulsborne fans hated the shit out of Nioh.

If you don't want to bother just grab purples and replace your gear as you pick up a better one.
Contrary to what Yea Forums says, on your first playthrough you don't need to create a specialized build; just be sure of upgrading your ATK and leveling up the stats you need and you'll be fine.

Which weapon did you choose?

I'm currently using Tonfa with an Odachi. Was considering dual swords as well. On the 3rd map area atm.
I assume leveling two weapon stats is fine or do I have to really focus on one weapon? I like variation.

Stop generalizing like this.

Soulsfags are the fucking worst

t. Soulsfag

The first time I played the game I went katana + axe, and used both weapons depending on the situation.
The second time I played it (my current run, I just started NG+++, "Way of the Wise") I was planning to use spear + odachi but the odachi was versatile enough so never bothered with other weapon.
Basically, use the weapon(s) you're the most comfortable with.

Bad final boss? Wut.

Do some weapons play the same?
I've gathered spear / Odachi are long reaching while katana and Tonfa are close and faster.
Is there enough variation and changed in each weapon and their movesets to warrant playing with them all?

Once you know what skills you want thus what pieces you are looking for you use the other stuff to soul match plusses or give to shrine to help levelling. You also dont haaaaave to pick up every bit of gear if it bothers you that much.

It's true my man.
All the bad reviews on Metacritic or Steam? People bitching about Nioh not being Dark Souls and daring to "plagiarize Master Miyazaki's ultimate masterpiece".
Yea Forums's overall opinion about the game: "It's shit"
Nioh's threads on Yea Forums only have a few of us discussing the game, the rest of posts are pure shitposting.

There are set bonuses? Like in MMOs? Thats interesting I didn't realise or have seen that yet. Are they important (meaning having a full set of the same armour) like as if you were getting geared to raid end-game in WoW or can it be ignored?

In my experience every weapon plays differently. For example the axe is able to make heavy attacks the katana can't.

For NG or NG+, they can be ignored. From NG++ onwards you need to start planning a build based on a particular set and properties or enemies will OHK you.

nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Set Bonuses

Okay anons, thanks for the advice.
Honestly just expected people to say "Git his" like you'd expect in other threads.
I do have one last question. Elemental attacks and buffs. What do they apply on to an enemy? Can't find a description in game regarding what their debuffs are what's good against what.

I had a friend who was bragging how good they were at the game and how they could beat any boss easy. Turns out they were same lvl as me and i was on ng++ or past and they were still on first tier difficulty and never even got to strong. They then immediately got their shit pushed in one i helped them to next tier. Enemies were giving so little xp by that lvl im amazed how much they must have grinded to lvl up thst much. I had to reteach them how to play the entire game. I feel this is a common problem, people don't know how they should play it so miss out on so much or have a bad time.

Not it's not. There is no "general consensus" here. Sure you may have some Souls fans who didn't like it but they don't represent everybody. You're making blanket statements. I enjoy both series for example. And there has been plenty of good threads about Nioh. I was here for all three demos, the initial release, each dlc release, and the complete edition release. There has been plenty of good discussion and once actual information on 2 releases, there will be more as well.

nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

When you're on the world map (for some reason you can check it when you're in the middle of a mission) check the bestiary: it shows every defeated enemy's weaknesses.
Now, and this a pretty interesting thing, every element produces a different status effect, and combining two (for example saturating an electrified enemy) weakens the enemies even further.

Tldr is
Fire > dot
Lightning > slow
Earth > take extra ki dmg
Wind > lowers atk pwr.

You must build a gauge on enemy for status to take effect.

If two statuses take effect enemy gets staggered/confused.

Last question?
How effective is it to out elemental damage on your weapons over a talisman or both?
How does poison and paralysis buffs play into it? They would sound abit OP.

I had a rude awakening when I reached Way of the Demon; even when I had 99 on the stats governing my main weapon, every enemy became a damage sponge that OHK me so I had to learn to fight efficiently.

No worries, just remember you must meet stat requirements of the armor for skills to be active and crafted armor has lower requirements. You can wear any armor btw in the game but the green skills wont activate if you dont meet stats.

Way of the demon taught me the importance of crafting a good weapon, using my set skills and making liberal use of items (still hate red tengus)

I've wondered where it's worth soul matching in Way of the Demon. I'm about halfway through the story and my gear and weapons are around +12 to +15.
It's getting really expensive to keep leveling it and not sure where to stop.

I did it enough to get to next ng then made another weapon anyway as the gear lvls jumped again

moonlit snow becomes less viable as difficulties get higher to the point I made a build specifically to make all the normal attacks do more damage then moonlit snow

Attached: Nioh_20171109131947 (1).webm (750x422, 2.86M)

Stop at Lv 190 +15, maybe +16 if it's a weapon you're carrying since Way of the Strong. Instead, start Soul Matching the regular drops from the next levels.

It’s Sekiro but good.

abuse the abyss to increase +s using the defile system

The annoying thing is the gear I want to soul level never drops. So I'm waiting on stuff that is +12 for the armour I want (red demon)

>surviving a hit from muneshige
holy shit what's your gear level

If they can do it sure.

+30/40 I forget what it was at that time, people have had higher

also all med and light are pretty squish at that point

also weaken melee weapons debuff is outright one of the best mods you can have on any weapon

Yeah its awesome.

What's the best weapon goddamnit? They all seem equal and it's pissing me off that I can't meta game.

Tonga is the only thing that is worse objectively.

only cause it gets free iframes during kipulse

Kusarigama build will cheese u the game.

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror in Nioh is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this No, I'm a conqueror.

Attached: 1472857804331.png (1000x1000, 1.4M)

I never understood this weapon.
It's the one weapon I hate going against both from players and Yokai

Yeah but the spear is also pretty good at keeping you at a safe distance. And the odachi has its uses.

Sword feels competent. Like I wouldn't feel gimped if I was forced to use it. Dual swords seem to demand a certain play style.

Axe is apparently low tier, but I found it was the best weapon during the opening prison level.

>quick
>lots of consecutive attacks
>good range
>aoe attacks out the ass
>scales with ninja skills giving extra versatility
It's pretty good

Why?

How useful are ranged weapons? Like the throwing stars.

im a sign of the cross stacked ds build and yeah. Its basically poking at enemies with the skill and knocking their ki out. Then its a sotc from behind straight through them and a down stab while they still on the ground. That is usually enough to finish off something. Not sure how others play it.

You can have an entire build around the ninjutsu arts which destroys many enemies and bosses

If you're just looking for something ti supplement, the shuriken/kunai are great for Ki damage and catching some enemies

I think you can make some crazy shit with the ninja projectiles and Hayabusa armor

Because I've honestly not used it much.
I barely use Ninjitsu anyway outside of pills and scrolls so it's confusing to fight against. It's really bloody fast and long range. I hate ninja Yokai

Now I wanna play Nioh again.

Attached: fffh.png (908x509, 687K)

Bought the complete version on sale a couple weeks ago for like 30 bucks CND and I don't regret it. Its great, especially the combat mechanics and armour customization but I wish I could turn down the difficulty just a little. I'm stuck on the Umibozu and he's killed me at least a dozen times. Couldn't get passed the centipede either until I watched a youtube video on how to beat him. It's been six days since I picked up my PS4 because I'm frustrated as fuck.

Omayo magic doesn't increase duration of spells. So what the fuck does it do when leveling?

hey what was the consensus on guardian spirits? I've been using Itokuri and Gyokutto, a lot of you guys seem to like the moth, but why? Ito boosts drops, but that +30 to paralysis on hit makes slaughtering 99% of revenants a breeze with the Kusa low/quick

The first Souls game I played was Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition. I did read a bit of info first and already knew about things like the Zweihander or how to harm the Anor Londo ghosts before even starting the game. Then I played 2, 3, BB and Nioh 100% blind; I don't even understand how many of Nioh's systems work because I've just played it like a regular action game.
I wonder where that puts me.

We did but soulsfags ruin every fucking Nioh thread with their inane butthurt.

Okay Ill say it. Whoever designed the Iga Escape mission needs to be fucking hanged. Literal example of artificial difficulty.

There is a certain item named a Hyottoko's Mask that does insane damage to the Umi-bozou. If you don't have it:
1. Stay in the middle of it and don't get greedy with your attacks so you can dodge when it throws those water bubbles. The "laser" attack is an OHK but it's easy to predict. When it attacks with one of its arms run on the opposite direction; when it raises both arms just stay on the center near its body.
2. During the second phase of the fight, when it does that attack where it raises its body to drop it on you you keep running counterclock-wise; it won't hit you. When it gets "flattened" in the center of the arena hit him only a couple times then back the fuck up before it "absorbs" you.

For some reason that fight is one of my favorites in the entire game. Everyone else hates it but I find it super fun.

What? That level is amazing. A literal fucking deathtrap. You just need to pay attention and not run like a jackass.

Leveling up magic adds more points to your cost limit meaning you can bring more talismans of the same omnyo spell.

For me it reminded me of a mmo fight well. With its kinda aoe, line and cone mechanics and phase change. I enjoy it a lot also and have helped many people clear the fight while they sit in the corner.

I got to the thunder tiger now and I am honestly giving up. This is not fun anymore.

Thats the point. It was the most ' welcome to dark souls' level in the game so far, complete with archers cock blocking you on narrow pathways

Does it also effect status effect duration?

What about once you've reached the 40 cap? Is there any point leveling it beyond that except for extra Omoya points for skills?

I'm still using kato. Seems okay. I heard Atlas Bear has a huge spell damage attack.

You can do it user, watch how it attacks and learn to dodge each pattern. Then attack it a few times when you have the chance.

Attached: Nue_Bloodshed's_End.jpg (1920x1080, 441K)

It's the fucking lightning strikes that get me, how am I supposed to predict lightning strikes in a fucking thunder storm, and another thing, it feels like you're supposed to go grind your guardian spirit up every time you die to a boss, which is not fucking fun.

thunder tiger will always get staggered when you hit his chest when it's glowing
back off after a combo because it will summon a lightning bolt on itself and your location to recover its Ki

More damage from damaging spells
Stronger weapon buffs and more resistance against enemy debuffs, I think

Ive defeated a lot of bosses in this game and that bat bitch is still the most bullshit boss.

stay moving the lightning wont hit you if you are moving. Learn to tell when its a single strike or the chain strike.

I wanted to rush that level so that I could unlock the omnyo adept test and play as Fuku

Attached: Fuku_in_Battle.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

I'll give it another shot tomorrow, thanks for the advice user. I have done every single sub-mission up until this point so should I have this mask or is it a lucky pick up?

You don't need to dodge them; when he stars using them just keep moving without stopping, be running or even walking.
There are always exactly four lightning strikes.

consumable item, farm it from wheelmonks if you dont have enough.

Attached: hyottoko_mask_nioh.jpg (300x300, 11K)

It's a fairly common drop.

I fucking did more than a year ago, you asshole
why didn't you listen?

He's not that hard user trust me. Attack the left side of his body when he uses his mouth beam and only then, for the rest of the fight keep moving counter clock wise (to your left). It's easy to tell when he will use his lightning strike attack plus you don't need to dodge it, just sprint to the left when you hear his roar. Hitting that sack on his belly will temporarily knock him out. Stay close enough so that you can capitalize on when he uses the beam attack.

Fuck that raven dude guy btw

>first Yata Mirror

Attached: 1521965261447.jpg (700x1132, 402K)

Holy fuck I know I've had this thing. Hopefully I didn't break it down for spirit iron. Why exactly does it give you a boost?

It starts really strong, but gets very repetitive later on. Still, not as bad as MGSV.

>mfw helping people fight the thunder dog
>mfw helping people fight the umibozo

Attached: fug.jpg (443x550, 22K)

forget the masks, use the moment talisman or whatever summons your guardian spirit if you're using the fire dog thing
works way better

One of my main gripes with the game is how artificial the difficulty feels at times. Nioh loves to cram you into narrow spaces with multiple enemies. Even when you escape, it doesn't feel deserved, just lucky.

Otherwise, it's fun.

You're right about the enemy variety, but the level design was kino. It brought me back to the Onimusha days, and I played that game a lot.

>helping people fight the umibozo
most frustrating thing desu
it's like they can't see the charge coming from 10 seconds away and get melted on purpose IF they don't fall off the dock first

Am I the only one that like The Surge? Was definitely rough around the edges but I found the industrial sci-fi setting and some of the game mechanics to be fairly refreshing.

Nvm this post, I thought you said it was a piece of armour not consumable item lol.

What is the most busted katana and why is it Raikiri?

>not one of the torches are lit
>host doesn't know how to kill the little ones
>host walks off the platform either on accident or by trying to hit the boss at the edge of the platform
>host gets OBLITERATED by the beam
>host extinguishes the fire and doesn't utilize it
or my favorite
>boss moves to second form and the host gets one shot
Overall a fun time, even if it was a bit frustrating.

beat it and forgot it, you werent around for the threads i guess. i know the soulsfag who used to try to derail souls threads with nioh webms is still around too, you little bitch and your beta webms i know you love souls games you contrarian faggot

Attached: download.jpg (218x231, 11K)

What do I do with Glory points? Do I need to go one to spend them or something?

later on you will unlock a place that lets you exchange them for items/gestures/weapons/armor/glamour.

>Help as a visitor
>People either get cocky and run around attacking everything without any concern for themselves and playing safe
>People start summoning Invaders
>People don't wave or have fun either, just standing there letting you do everything
Is it to much to ask for people to co-op play, be social and use their head and work as a team rather than being an absolute miserable retard?

Attached: 1548973985617-1.jpg (815x642, 56K)

Because you weren't there when it released.
Faggot.

keep trying user. explore the whole level to collect items and stuff, then fight him with that yellow armor that you find. keep experminting with your guardian spirits and find one that allows you to beat the shit out of him and it regenerates fast. just keep trying and you will do it. i beat him after stun/stagger locking him near the door with my spirit weapon ,for some reason my spirit weapon kept regenerating its health bar till i got the boss to like 1/4 of its health and the rest is history

About halfway through the game and so far I've gathered:

>Umi-bozu
mask to win

>Joro-gumo
tail to win

>Giant Toad
block to win

>Ogress
hug to win

>Okatsu
stagger to win

Are the endgame bosses gonna be cheeseable as well? Seems too easy.

Beacuse all the legit good stuff it has is ultimatelly ruined by the diablo loot bullshit gameplay. What a fucking pity.

How much later? I've just unlocked finished the first mission and unlocked the blacksmith/dojo.

Attached: 0EC70B4879B04F9F8B959D7FEF478275.jpg (640x640, 50K)

How would you fix it?

>mfw I now have a fire Kusarigama for umibozo ng+

I'm sorry for falling off the platform so much anons, my eyesight is not very good anymore

Attached: 1552284472893.png (684x319, 133K)

throw popcorn at Saika when he's in the air

With fixed loot for the most part. I can't really do skinner boxes any more.

I got a question about Soul-Matching. So I've figured out HOW to do it but I havn't figured out WHEN I should. At first I thought I could just equip my rarest and strongest pieces of armour and keep soul matching them after every mission to keep them at the highest possible level but nearing the end of the second region its clear that this is impossible because of how expensive it becomes (I swear it costs like 100k to increase a piece of armour's level by 10-15 levels). When should I soul match? Is equipping and leveling up my rarest armour more important than having matching armour? If I'm trying to put on matching sets does it matter if some of the pieces are lower level or not that rare? Would it make sense to spend a lot of money to soul match and increase the level of a non-rare piece of armour for the sake of having a good matching set?

Moonlit Snow serves a specific purpose as the big damage for big openings move. It's not very usable in typical combat on many enemies, but it's perfect for what it does best.

>tfw people keep saying these crazy Japanese words in reference to things in the game and I don't understand what they mean

Attached: 1549261698399.png (963x539, 511K)

Its really fucking hard to wrap my head around this shit when two seemingly identical katanas have different names and its like chinese to me

Most people who summon are the type who are braindead enough to need to summon, so yeah pretty much.

Stopped playing when they Introduced the DLCs.
How is the new difficulty? Way of the strong gave me a good challenge, especially the 2v1 one with Nobu and his wife. And no I didn't cheese them.

How do I cheese?

it's not really worth it in the lower difficulty levels because you'll constantly be getting better stuff
but if you really do want to then matching the exact same items will make it cheaper

if you really, really like an item you can keep it till endgame, jump into the Abyss to defile it and bring it up to level 150/200/250/300 just by clearing floors and leaving

I've noticed people on WoTS are also brain-dead but people on Way of the Demon seem to be more competent.

If it was in English, it would be easier. Stuff like "flame sword", "water sword".

Slow one (preferably nobu) then stack buffs + LW the fuck out his wife first. Nobu should be a cakewalk by himself.

imagine not knowing moon runes in 2019

you guys are pathetic

Did someone say NIOH 2!?
One custom made oni girl please!

Attached: 1547788493588.gif (436x293, 225K)

is that redlight

this, imagine being unable to instinctively interpret the pros and cons comparing the Mitsubishi Oppaidekkai 日本刀 to the Ching Chong Ding Dong Nakadashi
fucking plebeians

matching armor could be better if it has got good bonuses
you can mix and match rarity and gear level and you will still get the set bonuses

Post Oni Girls!

Attached: oni_ramen.jpg (550x850, 111K)

You unlock the teahouse in the 2nd region after you beat the spider lady boss. Glory also lets you transform into other characters like the female npcs.

do oni girls like having their horns rubbed asking for a friend haha

Sup /twg/. Hows hating on 3 kingdoms since you cant differentiate betwee chinese names?

>cant differentiate betwee chinese names?
God, I feel like I need a fucking diagram for this shit.

Attached: x1[1].jpg (1359x2008, 371K)

The new difficulties are much better and more interesting than Strong. Much more changes, particularly in Wise which has all new enemy layouts and effects. The DLC itself is excellent too.

It makes no sense why okatsu costs a whopping 100k glory tho

Attached: bpRQo9qEtk5dF8Ulxs7I74bj8yZ07yjPqJ1-fqx_N7Q.jpg (1200x628, 106K)

Youll get used to it. Just play enough vidya about the setting. Chinese names used to be moon language to me until I had enough dose of dynasty warriors

Not sure user, but I tend to find out.

Attached: ddcf913ece7b8792af5e949a90898a39.png (600x751, 597K)

so for those that played through the whole campaign, which was better, orochi or nine tailed fox

IZA

Nine tailed fox, easily.
I wish we had a cosmetic for her in human form or a transformation of Maria in her Japanese robe

nine tails
orochi is one of the worst bosses in the game

They are. Disassemble that shit and forge/swap and reforge your equipment once per region during your first playthrough, and then start soulmatching once you start getting divine and higher level equipment.

I see, grazie user. In general, would you say matching sets is better than just putting on your rarest/strongest armour or is it circumstantial?

At what point in the game do you think soul-matching becomes worthwhile? Also I'd like your take on the same question I asked the other guy on whether I should prioritize matching sets or just simply put on my strongest/rarest armour. Thanks in advance man.

When it comes to level scaling is the 50cap dependant on NG.
So 200 is the highest level on Way of the Demon etc

I've been trying to since the Alpha why didn't you listen?

Nine-Tails.
Orochi is one of the worst bosses in existence.

As you saw, every time you Soul Match it increases the cost. So it would be better to either stick to using discount effects (not so bad since weapons keep for a long time thanks to Familiarity and high base damage) or simply swap or forge a new one when gets too expensive, which isn't at all as difficult as it may sound. Set effects can be very useful but not if you're not actually using what they give you, and rarer equipment has more effects to reforge. Some set effects are based on the average level of all set pieces so the higher will help a little, but typical effects can be very strong as well. It's good you're thinking about this stuff and what you want to use already, but you don't need to settle or focus too hard on it this early in. Reforge and refashion a few times to see what you like and focus on learning the combat mechanics themselves.

Soulmatching is entirely useless on your first playthrough. For armor having good set bonuses(ideally kingo, warrior of the west is trash) is more useful than whatever shitty effects/defense it has. For your weapon just use whatever has the bigger number and ignore the effects since they're negligble anyway and have useless weak inheritables due to sub-divine quality. You don't want to be spending 30 minutes between each mission sorting through every piece trying to compare everything when all the gear will become irrelevant when you unlock NG+.

You can start soulmatching in way of the strong, but its not really that big of a deal and you'd need to grind a lot to get the money to do it anyway. Way of the Demon is when the enemy scaling really picks up along with the money return from rewards/vendoring gear, so you'll want to start properly slotting your gear.

Way of the Wise is when the enemies start to get ridiculous
it's worthwhile to start then, unless you can squeeze 18 missions then Queen's Eye to get to Way of the Nioh

yeah, I think that's it
Wise goes to 250 then Nioh goes to 300

Little to much useless loot but its my fav game of the last few years. Think I put around 300 hours into it. Ive been looking at Sekiro new fromsoft game and it just doesnt look as good as Nioh to me. Still to early to really tell

didn't think orochi was that bad, why do you hate the fight so much

>At what point in the game do you think soul-matching becomes worthwhile? Also I'd like your take on the same question I asked the other guy on whether I should prioritize matching sets or just simply put on my strongest/rarest armour. Thanks in advance man.
Not that user but I started Soul Matching as soon as I had a piece of equipment I really liked.

The more you spend at the Smithy, the more Patronage you unlock. You can use Patronage to reduce the cost of Soul Matching and Reforging most importantly, so there's no harm in starting to spend cash at the Smithy ASAP.

Set bonuses are -incredibly- valuable. One of Tachibana's armor's Set Bonuses is to increase your Close Combat Attack against Electrified enemies by a whopping 47%. Kingo increases your Close Combat Attack by >17%, AND your Close Combat Attack when attacking enemies from behind by another 20%.

You can't overlook that stuff, and it pays to start paying attention to it ASAP, especially if you're struggling with the game.

He just have lazy design. To be honest, most people consider Nobunaga to be a proper final boss.

hundred eyes is the last boss of the main game, not orochi

Just really boring desu

I genuinely think there’s a great game here, but the balancing is fucked. If you try to play pure melee, the bosses are ridiculous. They’re overtuned to fuck and almost every single one can 1-shot you. Even the yokai will 1-shot you. On the harder difficulties, anything less then perfect play will lead to death. On the other hand, if you use the sloth talisman, every boss becomes an utter joke. Even more broken then that, use ninjustsu and completely break literally every-fucking-thing by standing back and spamming infinite shurikens and kunai. When you cheat the game with ranged bullshit or sloth talismans, or living weapon invinciblity, you don’t need to learn patterns or get good to beat everything, even the insane dlc. One of the most obnoxious games to play if you go pure melee.

im lvl 250 and im on way of the demon and just right now i learned that you can lvl up divine sets ,mobs and bosses one shotted me all the way till here , the question is where do i farm set pieces +10 and beyond on this difficulty?

Sloth falls off substantially even on WotDemon, but I pretty much agree with everything else you said.
Game's got a really weird balance problem. I think it's supposed to invoke that razor's edge 'one of us could die at any moment' kind of feel, but it just means everything dies in 10 seconds, or you die in 5 seconds.

It's an amazing game and you should all play this as soon as possible.

Revenants, and just random loot. Especially if you spend Ochoko Cups before a mission, you shouldn't have any problem swimming in scores of +3-6 gear that you can Soulmatch up to the level you need.

Orochimaru is not by any means fun to fight.

I farmed the enemies in high level Twilight Missions

This is the best of Yea Forums right here, a group of veterans helping out a struggling beginner like myself. Thank you boys, have great night.

Revenants don’t drop plus marked gear, but they do drop ochoko cups, which ups the divine drop rate during missions, and it’s there where you get the pluses you need.

I haven't played Nioh because from my knowledge it just borrows everything Japanese mythology? I've played enough games with the setting to be completely bored of it.

Onimusha 2 is a better samurai game

It's not the final boss.

The damage is big on their end but even far bigger on the player's end, a result of poor feedback warping their views and priorities for balancing. However there are still plenty ways to deal with the damage on both ends with minimal build effort, there's still so many defensive and mobility options at your disposal and the game is really designed to encourage use of all your tools, outside of the cascading damage problem. It's one I would love to see them fix properly in the sequel but it's highly unlikely they'll cut back to the true source of the matter, not least because of all the poor feedback still echoing everywhere.

I drew the last dlc fight out and not gonna lie. The build up with the music bringing everything to a close was one of my greatest gaming moments. Helped that I love chacha in lore and think what happened to her and her child was fucked.

For all the criticism of enemies being cheap, the game gives you all the tools to be way cheaper but expects you to figure out how to go all Sadist on it's ravishing nubile body.

Ah the good times

based
now you got me interested in nioh

Thread over nioh cucks, time to kill yourselves.
Your game will never be more than a shitty bootleg lootgrinder.

I'm trying to get into the tonfa weapons but the katana and duel swords feel so much more viable.
What am I doing wrong?

Honestly apart from the oft-cited damage which you can deal with in so many ways, the enemies are all very fair and well designed. Yes especially him. Not kusarigama oni though. It absolutely expects you to learn and practice everything to become better, but that's the kind of game it is. It's why the prologue doesn't give you Ki Pulse and stances, so you can specifically practice them in the Isle.

nothing, tonfas are a challenge run

Caring about viability more than fun.

Nothing; katana, dual swords, and kusarigama are the best weapons. Katana has Iai, DS has SotC, and the kusi can attack from a range, hit multiple times quickly, and has good movement options.

Misusing the word viable for a start. Tonfa can be a little harder to get used to for some, but they're more than capable and have all they need. What they lack in raw damage and range (like 2kat) they make up for in high speed, mobility and Ki damage, which translates into damage anyway if you use it well. Try to apply all of it's moveset, it has some very effective strong attacks on all stances that are the key to it's mobility.

>Katana has Iai
The fuck is that?

>DS has SotC
The fuck is that?

So they're genuinely the shittest weapon in the game? More than axe?

Tonfas are chi busters.

>only good at ez mode spear
>want to use flashy shit like tonfa or odachi
how do I even begin to get good with either of these weapons on wotw

Shadow of the colossus

Check the skill tree for the weapons. Katana has a move called Iai, and Dual Swords has Sign of the Cross. If you create builds centered around the moves, you could potentially one-shot most enemies, even bosses.

axe is definitely worse. at least tonfa skills are all usable, more than half of axe moves are so slow they're just asking to die

How the fuck do you fight the yokai ninjas with cannons. theyre fucking awful.

Shittest weapon means nothing in this game. Every weapon has so many powerful options and attacks that the differences between them are extremely small and come from boring one shot builds where the difference amounts to one or two hits. Feels like I have to say this every time.
Same way you git gud with every weapon, use it, keep using it and use it some more.

I honestly dont like how gear dependent Nioh is compared to Dark Souls. I hate how enemies will 2 hit ko you or guard break you instantly if you arent properly geared, which is wonky considering the diablo loot consistency of drop quality. In Souls you could beat the game with the starting equipment.
That said its a giant shame since I find Niohs combat far superior to Dark Souls.

you just have to get close to them to get them off shooting
they're super easy if you have a Yata Mirror accessory and can just deflect the cannons to kill them

Loot isn’t a major issue in Nioh thanks to revenants. It’s only a matter of time before you get a full set of whatever you want. The problem is, even if you’re geared well, you will still get one-shot. The damage is tuned way too high, for both the player and enemies. It’s like Bushido Blade, in a way. As boring as one shot builds are, trying to fight fair against these bosses on Way of the Wise or Way of the Nioh is pure torture. They move fast, have ranged attacks, are oftentimes in tiny arenas, do not suffer from hitstun, and can kill you in one hit. The combat system in the game is excellent, and it does provide you with the broken tools you need to succeed, but I’d have rather they taken the time to balance the game in the same way Souls does instead of encouraging abusive moves and items.

>191 / 18 / 55 / 3
Nioh Threads sure have been nice.

If you use them poorly. Axe requires more attention to timing and spacing than other weapons but it takes high advantage of the Ki system, which gives you all the openings you need for the heavy moves.
Minus the cannon they work similar to typical ninja oni, but they start firing when they reach a certain distance. They don't move until you get close again though. Learn that distance and play around it. Or just reflect their shots back at them if you're far enough to have that effect.
Nothing you said is handled best through level of gear but instead either weight, which you get plenty of, or using items or skills which you get even more of.

Who's best waifu material?

fuku

Toughness is purely gear based.

I have a confusion/amrita extraction build /w Tengen Kujaku + Mid Heaven's Light bonus on my DS which mainly consists of LS light attacks with an element talisman until I inflict confusion. Afterwards it's either HS combos or LW.

Attached: The master.jpg (640x905, 108K)

It's not very good. It's fun at the beginning but then the same enemies and lousy level design repeats for like 80+ hours more.

FUKU! WHY CAN'T I MARRY HER INSTEAD OF THAT SHIT NINJA!

The amount of ways you can smoothly reduce enemy damage are outrageous in their number though. Between heavy armour sets, Weaken Melee Weapons, Devigorate talismans, Blustered, Quickchange scrolls and stacking health regen or chance to survive, there are tons of easy ways to correct it that don't require excessive building or unbalancing the game on the other end. The issue is exactly the same as it was back when people complained and caused these changes to begin with. It requires a small level of personal exploration and discovery, stuff that should be the norm for videogames.
Saiorse.

Heavy armour isn't something that is in short supply or difficult to come across. You don't need to actively spend a lot of time or be subject to RNG that might keep it from you to get a high Toughness value. Though there's also multiple effects for strengthening guard besides, like on Fuse Ushi.

I've given up.
Those ninja yokai with kurisagamas have made me quit the game. Absolute bullshit

Soulsbornechad here. You're right, I hate Nioh. I fell asleep out of boredom after completing the 2nd region.

Attached: 20180804_110155.jpg (2468x2268, 762K)

Just low stance dodge their attacks and use high stance heavies to cut off their horns, then it's ez.
Or just use the sloth + weakness talisman combo like a proper casul and go ham

Just confuse them or otherwise use your strongest tools. The only specific strategies I've really got are catching the horn when they appear, and blocking works a little better than you'd expect but he still keeps swinging. Confusion makes them fold like paper though, same as anything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=NU43fs8I5AE
based

excuse the quality
if you keep the yokai pools up you can stagger him every time he does the clockwise lightning breath
sometimes he'll also do a leap and fall over to expose his glowing chest you can hit
careful with his rolls also because I think 3 bolts follow his trail

Attached: nue_yokai_pool_bolt.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

nioh's combat is so much more smooth and deep that it almost ruined souls for me forever, and I've put thousands of hours into those games

How could I confuse them that fast?
Augmentations for elements never appears at the blacksmith

Can we talk avlbout how great Kelley is? Singlehandedly carried the story.
>YES, KILL YOURSELVES, FOOLISH SAMURAIS!
>I'm going to resurrect the most bloodthirsty fucker japan ever knew lol
>*tps away*

Attached: 1487321395107.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

Nioh is a great game that had potential and I can't wait for the sequel. Although it's a shame a lot of soulfaggots played the game with a "weeb souls" mindset and got their shit pushed in because this game shouldn't be played like souls.

Unfortunately casual soulfags that seethe on Nioh threads can't comprehend anything else other than braindead attack spam and rolling around in heavy armour.

Applying elements is really easy. Every weapon has moves that apply it quickly and amulets are thrown at you, if you don't have it innately. There are also the other attack items and skills from Onmyo and Ninjutsu. Living Weapon also supplies one of the elements.

My main complaint with the game is how absolutely ridiculous the difficulty gets on WotW/WotN to the extent that you're forced to make very optimized builds that supplement skill for gimmicks. It's just kind of the natural conclusion when you have nearly endless stat possibilities without balancing them and try to ramp up the difficulty exponentially to keep up with it. They just took it too far to a ridiculous extreme. I think WotD was the best balance and then after that it just goes downhill.

But Nioh is definitely one of the better games I've seen at hybridizing pure action with rpg without them conflicting too much with each other, which tends to be the main concern with arpgs in general. The diablo loot thing is really just to personal taste. Nioh 2 can only get better at this point, since Nioh was really experimental.

He's not the original right? This Kelley was another clone under the control of prime minister John See?

*John Dee, but I SEE what you did there

Attached: pun.jpg (480x270, 38K)

>stagger a nue
>instantly teleport through it/swap places with it

Why does this happen every time?

The target lock system can fuck you up alot

Yatagarasu gun build is fun as fuck with the right gear, quick draw rifle especially

As you move up the difficulties you can really see the clans of the revenants changing. On lower difficulties everyone was Toyotomi. Now I never see Toyotomi and half the revenants belong to Gamo.

Gamo best clan.

by the end its Todo, Oda, Ishida, Date and Kikkawa

Is something wrong with me if I enjoy fighting revenants?

Attached: 1551890573007.png (471x472, 503K)

nah

backwaving the shit out of them for free divine fragments is fun

Aussie here. We were the ones who got first access to the original alpha, you've got no excuse to not have joined us!

Those threads were almost three years ago now

Spear has an air juggle type move that destroys ki and absolutely fucks over most human bosses. There's also a charge up move that pairs really well with the ninja stealth abilities for sneak attacks (sword and dual swords both have a sword-draw move that does the same thing), which was how I cheesed my way through the higher difficulties.

Invest a bit in the buff/debuff abilties from the mage trees to massively up your damage as well (the slow spell in particular breaks the lower difficulties).

8 days until Sekiro
then we can forget Nioh ever existed

>Revenant with >200 Toughness obviously input reading
>Does nothing until you press an attack button; immediately spams you with Light Attacks, killing you before your attack is even finished so you can block, because WotDemon equipment

Sekiro looks extremely underwhelming. It's going to be an action game but with arpg combat because From can't deviate from their formula for shit.

It's going to be just "okay" while Nioh 2 will be amazing.

Just backwave lmao

Maria just Bloodborne Maria but with more bullshit. I love it.

I am 100% convinced that these threads are all started by one Nioh fag

>It's going to cost me 5,600,000 to Soul Match my Lv.180+14 Sanada Crimson: Do with a Lv.195+14 Scoin of Virtue: Do
>Matching Lv.172+14 Kingo Suneate to Lv.195+14 Exceptional Suneate is going to run me 7,900,000
>This is after maxing out Soul Matching Cost Reduction with Patronage

Attached: suicide seems nice.jpg (543x405, 141K)

She's literally just a touched up Ninja Gaiden boss but ok

>just Bloodborne Maria but with more bullshit

>Headshot her
>Run up and Nodachi Final Blow her from behind
>Swap to lmao2kat and SotC backstab her while she's getting up
>Swap to Nodachi and Final Blow her again for the kill
GG no re

>unlock new difficulty
>just play missions with friendly NPCs, letting them do all the work while you acquire fresh gear
>do this until you're geared enough to do other missions in the area solo and unlock new regions
>maybe cheese the odd 1v1 mission for specific gear sets
>rinse and repeat

This is the comfiest way to deal with the massive difficulty spikes every time you go up in difficulty. Broing it in the final area against an army of demons with Masamune and that Centipede Samurai is great.

>tfw getting raped by tachibana muneshige

FUCK Muneshige.

Attached: Nioh_ Complete Edition_20190201022716.png (1920x1080, 2.27M)

because it's a PS4 exclusive.

This whole game is about cheesing

Also im not sure but i think even fucking parrying doesnt work on this nigger reeeeeeeeee

Sure it is.

Grand tournament with Bisha and Wealthbringer talismans

The game is rife with a myriad of problems. There is a good game underneath but all you fanboys are doing by trying to downplay them is ensuring Nioh 2 will be shit as well. Nioh has got to be the most dropped game in history, so many people get bored with it halfway through and it's no wonder.

Attached: Consider the following.jpg (1080x1920, 306K)

Parry works on Muneshige, it's just that his special moves can't be parried

Nah, parrying works, but he seems to get armor skills like Everlasting Ki, so that fucker will go on attacking and evading long after his Ki hits 0. He's killed me like that so, so many times.

I haven't been able to bring myself to unlock the Spear and Axe Dojo mission to unlock that one.

I'm actually worried that Nioh 2's going to be worse because they overcorrect on the shit people complained about.

god damn there is a lot going on in this webm. i'm on my first playthrough and i dont even give status effects or status buffs a second thought,.

Moonlit Snow is for back-attacking Oni that can't be Final Blow'd.

Tonfa's fuck yokai like nothing else.

Being able to extend living weapon with soulgems was such a dumb design decision. All these cool moves and weapon/stance combos made completely irrelevant by the fact you can run around in permanent devil trigger state (the same way most Ninja Gaiden fights turned into "generate orbs, spam ultimate techniques"). Hope Nioh 2 really tones that shit down.

fight him from under the canopies they give you, his thunder bolts that come from the sky can't hit you

You can shoot the cunt in the face with a cannon and then run up and downstab him to get some pretty big damage on him before the fight's even begun. Fuck honor.

>tfw I think LW is gay so I almost never ever use it
They definitely balanced some of the game's harder encounters around it, but I think I've only HAD to use it three times across three playthroughs.

簡単です。頑張って、アノンーくん。

>seven reverants
>then duo Yasuke and Nobunaga
THE FUCK IS THIS MISSION

Attached: 1541806297169.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

It’s meant to be cheap; it’s one those freebie post-game missions that was added in to try and tide everyone over until the first DLC dropped.

It's great early on, while you're playing the campaign for the first time. Later on the ratio of well balanced to cheapass enemy design gets skewed toward the unpalatable, almost begging you to look up a cheese build and then it's a chicken dance about who oneshots who first. Dual boss battles are a blight upon this game's design, usually resulting in running away endlessly until you can get some cheap hits in or do aforementioned cheese builds around living weapons. Still, on the first campaign run and NG+ it's a cool experience with occasional spikes of bullshit thanks to inane enemy mixes.

She's weak to the bull.

>So I'm safe to ignore loot for the most?
Just treat it like any other game with a diablo loot system. Meaning you completely ignore it. Every hour or so, or when you completed another big level, just pick up the first piece of loot you find for each equip category. It's guaranteed to be better than what you have, simply because it's further in the game and the numbers will be higher, and the numbers is what it's all about with this loot system.
Throw the rest away. Unless you go for platinum, you don't need the money enough to warrant filling up your inventory with unusable garbage just so you can bring it to the blacksmith to sell it.
Rinse repeat until you are finished with the game.
I despise diablo loot systems because you effectively only have 5 (or 7) weapons in Nioh. But the game forces you to inventory management constantly so arbitrary numbers don't fall behind. Instead of just sticking with your fucking sword you have to pick up another sword THAT DOES THE SAME THING except the damage number is 2 points higher and it gives you +1.4 max stamina. Fuck that.

Attached: DonaldDuckIsAngryAboutVideogames.png (238x225, 98K)

eat a fucking dick

i thought it was fun too, until the end game.

The one you have the most fun with.

>is something wrong with me if I play a videogame for my personal pleasure?
Take a guess

how the frick do i deal more damage early

Use a single katana like a true weeb you fucking dork, you're supposed to be a groriousu samurai

It felt more like a game than a wannabe rpg art-piece, which sometimes dark souls becomes when it tries too hard.

I adore dark souls and I really enjoyed this game, even though it was way more difficult, I found it a lot easier just playing it and experimenting and being silly.

do it in co-op for a surprise :^)

I have no friends
What happens

yuki-onna spawns alongside the two bosses

dodge and attack like a fucking crack head...game is about NOT ONLY, twitch reflexes and memorizing the timing of enemy attacks, but memorize the amount of time it takes to perform skill moves relative to enemy attacks.

so if a skill has large wind up and finisher, you have to recognize the moment when that skill can be utilized.

anyways, i just finished this game and hindsight is always 20/20....i had more fun and felt more satisfied with dark souls. nioh is more of a challenge, but it's not really a fun one. i personally only finished it out of spite.

d-delete this soulsbab

Question to the guy who usually throw out "lol block everything". Are you including skills with elemental damage in this? Usually, if there's an elemental component, then I'll take damage anyway, which is manageable, but then I also get the accompanying status ailment from the elemental, which can fuck me over sideways in a hard fight. Or how about crap bosses like Muneshige give you. "Haha, I'll hit you with an Iai and then another one or my 4 hit combo right after, while you're still staggered. Block that, fucker! What, me? My combos can't be interrupted! olololo" How do you deal with that, apart from dodging and running away from his range?

>I had more fun and felt more satisfied with dark souls. Nioh is more of a challenge, but it's not really a fun one.

That's the major difference, souls games are fair and give you satisfaction in small dosages, eventually upping the amount received.

Nioh was advertised as a "masocore" genre for people that enjoy overcoming more and more ridiculous challenges. Nioh starves you of satisfaction and drives you mad, and when you overcome that challenge all the spite recedes and you're showered with satisfaction. Although that maybe is just my feeling.

I platinium'd all the souls series games (including bloodborne) as well as Nioh, and I personally had way more fun with Nioh. But that's just my 2 cents.

Considering how much Team Ninja kowtowed to scrubs whining in the feedback surveys and nerfed the game following the alpha, it’s funny that Yasuda was stroking himself in promotion over that “masocore” tag and then wrote that self-satisfying piece for the PlayStation Blog about how great it was that supposedly he stood in the face of adversity and stuck to his guns.

I became immune to elemental damage like 500 hours of gameplay ago, I recommend at least getting elemental damage reduced on block.

Many bosses including moonshiggy have big combos that rape your ki or straight up unblockable moves, you definitely shouldn't block everything.

Well, Yasuda stated that Nioh was an experiment and that the sequel will improve on its error. Additionally he said that Nioh 2 will be harder then the first one. Take that as you want, I just hope he sticks to what he said

Attached: Nioh.png (1024x576, 618K)

well they already confirmed character creation so that's a huge improvement

What, you don't like totally-not-Geralt?

Attached: Nioh_ Complete Edition_20171219020616.png (1920x1080, 2.58M)

Nioh takes both sides, in my opinion, depending on how you play it. If you're only ever using weapon attacks, and never even look at magic, ninjutsu or living weapon then yeah you might have a tough time. But if you pop a sloth and weakness talisman and go LW then or even just stand back and spam kunai then bosses are pretty trivial for the most part.

That said, I know way too many people who treat LW like a win button, and will complain about artificial difficulty when they die while standing in the bosses face spamming attacks while not dodging at all in LW mode.

Eh, not really. Scrapping the Kou Shibusawa staple of having a fictionalized IRL historical figure protag because of Soulsfags whining on Twitter that they couldn’t roleplay as their waifu doesn’t really make them look so great.

Considering Yasuda and Hayashi worked under a maverick lunatic like Itagaki for years, they sure are swayed easily by mouthbreathers on social media.

>tfw no Flying Bolt Transformation

>tfw no barefoot Okatsu Transformation

>I recommend at least getting elemental damage reduced on block.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. So elemental immunity is achievable?

As for the bosses, yeah, then endless dodging it is. Had a rather frustrating session with the centipede hybrid (Shigezane?) from Date's mountain fortress. Fuck his 5 hit combo. And I think I'll jsut walk away from those missions with dual bosses. Did a bunch then ran into Okatsu and Hanzo. I think I'll simply opt to not do those. It's like the game is screaming at me "come on, fucker, go get a cheese build! I know you want to!"

if you want character driven movie games, there are plenty of those around

>I know way too many people who treat LW like a win button
Way of the Samurai with LW is piss easy once you know how the game's mechanics work, in the endgame (WotN + Abyss) however LW becomes a lifeline in emergencies as bosses tend to obliterate players' hp pool

>will complain about artificial difficulty when they die while standing in the bosses face spamming attacks while not dodging at all in LW mode.
Made me kek

None of Kou Shibusawa’s games are even remotely movie-like, though.

Disappointment *

Everyone who's ever anime-ized their history the way so fucking many Japanese anime and games have should be fucking shamed of themselves.
It's beyond fucking cringey.

It's nowhere near as easy as he made it sound.

You need to get the highest possible roll of Reduced Firearms Damage (Guard) on literally every piece of your gear to get 100%.

>not thriving on Onimusha’s take on Nobunaga

Attached: DD5AA5C3-FE46-420E-A244-19229DDE97E6.jpg (1024x1419, 163K)

until Way of the Wise, I think you can block most elemental things with some buildup but it's better to dodge breath attacks
I think element projectiles can also get negated with a timely guard
elemental damage negation is useful vs bastards like Mitsunari but not really needed till the higher difficulties

block and dodge should be combined and especially at the higher difficulties where 1 or 2 touches will kill you
combos can be escaped out of with a block then a dodge or you can survive super tracked combos with a dodge into a block
I think the stat "Parry" determines how much Ki you lose when blocking and ther Guard Ki Reduction skill exists somewhere

What weapon(s) do you play? Final Blow builds are insanely powerful, and they make multi-human-boss fights way easier because you can just headshot one of them to get them to lay down for an easy FB.

Also, to reiterate on the Firearm/Elemental shit:
"Head and chest pieces are the only armor pieces that naturally have received firearms damage. This decreases the amount of damage you take from any projectile based attack including the energy waves bosses throw at you.

So basically you need to forge 3 or more head/chest pieces that have Received firearms Damage in the inheritable slot. It is important that when they are forged that the RFD% is 9% or higher so at max familiarity it will be between 12-13.9% at max rank. So once they are forged and maxed out on familiarity you can transfer it to your arms, torso, and leg armor pieces. These three pieces will give you between 35%-41% RFD damage reduction. Then make sure you have RFD on your head and chest. This will give you an extra 17-27% RFD reduction.

The last things you will need is one piece of the tatenashi set, a yasakani magatama with RFD rolled on it roughly 7-9%, and any other accessory with RFD. The yasakani magatama lowers your set bonus requirements by one and the 2 piece bonus gives you 25% RFD damage reduction."

It sounds to me like you're not far enough into the game to worry about this kind of shit.

Thanks, on both accounts. Yeah, I'm not that far. I'm on the first DLC on normal and just beat the yokai mountain fortress and did the first 2 regions on NG+, so I could get my hands on better gear. Haven't really dabbled with dedicated crafting yet. Maybe that's my problem. Though I still maintain that some enemy combos feel rather cheapish and frustrating, like most of the dual bosses or dropping 2 raven tengu on your head for the fun of it. If it's singular combat against such enemies, I can (mostly) enjoy the fightsand feel an accomplishment after getting through, but with multiples, it just feels like Team Ninja giving me the middle finger and those leave me feeling "good riddance".

I really disliked having to play as a not!geralt the baka gaijin at first, but the art cutscenes featuring him where he's all black except for the yellow hair I thought was a really cool visual

Attached: nioh cutscene art.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

The protag of the original Omega Force version of the game back when it was Ni-Oh was a mixed-race Eurasian samurai named Oni. When Kurosawa’s son bailed from the project and it had to scrapped and rewritten entirely from scratch, they kept the blonde samurai imagery because Shibusawa felt it was visually striking.

Attached: BB14EF53-4BF8-4A20-B958-51E589A848E4.jpg (300x168, 12K)

You need good gear, and a better understanding of the game.

Hard to recommend gear without knowing how you play, but Warrior of the West and Kingo are two great choices. Especially Kingo.

For Raven Tengu, block their staff hits and counter-attack, or, circle behind them and bait them into looping their spinning kick over and over. You can easily backwalk it and punish.

It was a neverending source of amusement throughout the game for me whenever I saw NotGeralt - King of Weaboos running around in his cosplay armor, while partaking in japanese culture. Got even funnier when the black dude and Nobunaga otaku turned up or when NotGeralt returned to England and cut them all down with superior steel folded 1000 times, while decked out in samurai attire.

These cutscenes were so fucking good. The Nobu one was my favorite.
Cutscenes in general were such a treat to watch

I favor the single katana, since that's the one I started out with and feel the most comfortable using. As second weapon, I like the kusarigama for range and quick ki drain and the odachi was fun as well. Love the backstab animation for the odachi.

I wanted to keep it a secret for myself. Forgive me sama.

Attached: 1547046678424.jpg (1920x1080, 618K)

True kino, I hope Nioh 2 has more of those

I don't know anything about playing Kusa, but for 1kat and Odachi, Kingo is definitely the way to go.

Since you're in NG+, get a Yasakani Magatama STAT. After that Full Kingo for non-Final Blow-able Oni, and Kingo 5-6/ Sanada 2 for everything else.

Pic related.

Attached: D1izHXeX4AAGBP-.jpg (688x505, 62K)

FFS TEAM NINJA GIVE ME NIOH 2 GAMEPLAY ALREADY

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (514x836, 424K)

I'm not usually hyped for any games, but kinda want to se the gameplay.
Anyway, Do you guys like diablo loot system in Nioh? Y/N

I do somewhat enjoy it.

It was tedious at first since I couldn't stick to one weapon, but once I reached WotN I was free to soulmatch like a madman. I also like the fact that you could swap additional effects which means nigh infinite build potential.

what is this set called, kinda wanna cospaly as seen on the cover.

the diablo loot system is fine
it's just badly done in nioh
it never feels satisfying getting new gear like it does in diablo

Youngblood's armour

because it's not

Because Yea Forums has shit taste.

you need this bunch of imbeciles to tell you what game is good and bad? form your own oppinions, faggot. and yes Nioh is fucking great, can't wait for the second one.

Attached: 132343241.jpg (500x401, 20K)

I doubt you’re still there but bait his lightning to strike the bell at the left of the arena and you’ll stun him

No.
I'd rather it went in the action game direction than the gookgrinder direction.
Diablo was a mistake, every game in that genre is fucking garbage that tries to feel like a job. Light elements are fine but don't make it important.

Why not?

Best girl right here

Attached: 1551133521667m.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

Based and Spanishpilled

Masamune you lucky motherfucker

NIOH 2 FUCKING WHEN

Supposedly they are gonna spill some info march/ april

Quick-change scroll!

Dear me from the past,

you've been meaning to play Nioh since forever but you're intimidated by the loot system and put off by all the talk about grinding and crafting builds for later parts of the game.

Don't be.

Just check your inventory for better gear after every other mission (sort by level) and mass-sell the rest. No need to be OCD. You find enough decent stuff along the way without ever having to engage with the blacksmith. Also level requirements on missions/revenants mean shit. If you're constantly getting wrecked, pay better attention, adjust your play style (blocking is a thing) and stop treating your living weapon like a panic button.

this from r/nioh?

How dare you.

Attached: 1.jpg (816x976, 389K)

Is this game actually good fun?
Sell it to me Yea Forums

SeeAndtl;dr If you like playing games for the challenge and combat + enjoy grinding then the game is for you. Additionally Nioh is supposed to be played like Devil May Cry games, where you treat the first run as a tutorial and then you proceed to beat it on harder difficulties again and again.

I want a cute Yuki-onna waifu

Attached: Yuki_Onna_Nioh.jpg (1920x1080, 560K)

>level into final blow and from behind dmg
>tfw the parry in midstance that did a backstab AND a free final blow got nerfed

Imagine if Onimusha and Borderlands had a baby.

Finished base game and done Way of the Demon. Any point doing Way of the Wise or is it more of the same?

just get a better weapon? the game has extensive crafting/upgrading systems to make it easy

don't know why but getting hit by ranged weapons is so infuriating in this game even when they don't do a lot of damage

Attached: .jpg (290x210, 12K)

I have 300+ hours in all Souls games. 500 hours in Bloodborne.
And guess what?

800+ hours on Nioh.

I'm a loser that was practically born just to repeal that argument

Wish we could transform into that fox lady fml