So can we all admit Sony are the cancer killing this industry...

So can we all admit Sony are the cancer killing this industry? They've done more harm than good from the start of the gen till now.

>Nintendo
+acknowledges the failures of the Wii U
+Releases attractive hybrid console offering
+makes God tier sequels to fan favourite games and achieved 97+ meta scores
+several fan favourite games in development still such as the big franchises like Pokemon and Metroid
+3rd party publisher deals for multiplats
+reaffirms that more games are coming
-implemented paid online

>Microsoft
+more consistent ports of their first party franchises to their PC OS so more people get to play
+releases the most powerful console ever made as a response to fan requests and releases 4k support updates for many old 1st party games
+bought up several studios and commissioned several new AA and AAA games as a response to fans demands for games
+reaffirms more and more games are coming
+brought backwards compatibility to xbox and free resolution/performance boosts to back compat games like a free remaster
+brings DX12 to Windows 7
-started off with shitty overpriced camera
-hardware was expensive and overpriced

>Sony
-started off the gen by implementing paid online
-rereleases ps2 games as paid store downloads instead of supporting ps2 emulator
-claims no one wants backwards compatibility at the same time
-releases new half assed new console 40% weaker than the xbox one x for only 20% less cost
-doesn't go back and update older popular 1st party titles like bloodborne or persona 5
-implements anti-consumer policies like blocking cross-play between consoles
-CEO announces they want to make less and less games in the future
-censorship policies

How can anyone defend this company? They've progressively become worse over the last few years.

Attached: 1486315280725.png (256x257, 17K)

Yes, but it was Nintendo's incompotence in the 90s that caused all of the problems in gaming in the first place
> 1. Not switching to Disc Drives with the N64
> 2. Not buying SquareSoft & Rare in 1999
> 3. Releasing Wind Waker unfinished causing a chain reaction that ruined Zelda forever
These 3 desicions is the reason why Sony is even making consoles in the first place & didn't die out with the PS3

Every dog has its day.

That's why Sony will die off next gen.

sony gives developers creative freedom, lets them work 10 years on a game like TLG which they know wont sell well, they were the first to have crossplay, they had crossbuy feature, sold PS3 at a $200 lose, makes remakes for $40 while Nintendo charge $60 for half assed shit, first to give "free" games

KYS Nincel, youre points are retarded

sony dominated this gen, and they will next gen. you may not like it, too bad

Yep, seething

cry more

>sold PS3 at a $200 lose
And still had the nerve to charge $599 for a console whilst the competitors charged $299 or less. Fuck off.

About what? Everyone hates Sony & loves Nintendo

Microsoft literally started all the shitty trends, sony only followed them and got more greedier, and so did nintendo, but in a worse way and later.

This feels of selection bias, Nincel.
Nintendo and Sony are both shit, Xbox is just irrelevant.

Also plenty of your points are just subjective and not even true; Sony never said they would make LESS games, just less middleware. You should read articles you spam daily, shitposter.

Attached: 2.jpg (1134x1700, 372K)

you're making me laugh in my bed

No one cares about Nintendo outside of hugboxs. It's relegated to tertiary status at best, and mostly for children and casuals. It's more of Nintendo is struggling to maintain its relevancy rather than everyone 'loving' it.

97, keep seething

Its been known, not to mention Sony service in general is ass. Be a retard and support them but they are becoming cancerous as time goes on.

cry more

100 million ps4s sold, keep seething

a man with the likeness of an Israeli finance minister approached me from down the train platform. "So what do you think?" he said. I turned and looked at him confused, "This is your game?"
"Yes."
I was amused. Certainly he must have drugged me. No way on earth was this, the train platform which I take to work, a videogame. My fucking sides bubbled from the suppressed laughter.
The Israeli noticed, and took note
"You think this is real."
"If it isn't, it's certainly poorly designed. Why would I be grinding this hard when I could be fighting on a level playing field? This game is a scam."
He recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back, blurting out: “You don't know what you're talking about.” As soon as he said this, the sky grew dark. Teams of marketing agents flew across it with parachutes, holding briefcases of marketing data.
"This is my world, I can make it however I please."
And it was at that point that I realized this was not my game..

Attached: 6m+NRW.jpg (640x474, 184K)

meanwhile, in reality:
>ps1: 102.5 million sold
>ps2: 155 million sold
>psp: 82 million sold
>ps3: 83.8 million sold
>ps4: 94.2 million sold and counting
>only real flop was the vita
outside of Yea Forums's confirmation-bias bubble, sony is consistently popular.

Why not make some equal points?
Nintendo
>released a 2017 console for a high price that looks and runs most of its games like shit
>charges an excess for a real controller
>requires additional memory to even apply patches or download a single game
>digital only releases for most games
>the system is not even portable, it's a bulky tablet with a loud ass fan
>games are often full price
>library is 99% old ports
>paid online is complete trash and offers nothing but shitty NES games
NES games
>missing out on literally every major game by Japanese devs
Etc. Etc.
Nintendo is in a shit spot too, which is why sales are used to cover up it's various issues that will continue when the real next gen starts.

Attached: 4864096_011_bbb6.jpg (853x1280, 184K)

Thread is shit.
We talk about Tetris now.

97 what? I wouldn't trust a guy with an art degree for game opinions.

Forgot to mention Sony basically giving a giant fuck you to fans by abandoning the biggest gaming fanfest in the world being E3 and also giving a giant fuck you to devs who could have featured at their conference which would have been insane publicity since E3 is the most watched and followed gaming event in the world.

Nintendo abandoned E3 over 5 years ago.

it was okay when nintendo did it by replacing their press conference with a youtube video.

Seeething

Meanwhile Nintendo has had one of the biggest E3 booths for the last few years and Sony aren't even showing up at all no video no booth no anything.

Who gives a fuck? Everyone gets a booth if they pay. Even shit devs like NISA. Are you going to be there to play the Switch ports? Are we going to pretend Sony renting out 3 giant venues for 3 games is a huge thing because they spent money?

Point still stands, Monte do has been out of E3 for years, and Xbox just showcases games for every platform now (except the Switch)

>released a 2017 console for a high price
It's standard console price.
>that looks and runs most of its games like shit
Most of its major games run at both a better resolution and FPS than your base PS4/XB1 game.
>charges an excess for a real controller
True.
>requires additional memory to even apply patches or download a single game
No. I have 5 games downloaded and don't own a microSD card.
>digital only releases for most games
That's true for literally every modern platform if you're going to count every single release.
>games are often full price
True.
>library is 99% old ports
Completely false. Pic related.
>paid online is complete trash and offers nothing but shitty NES games
The multiplayer servers for every third-party game are great, it's just Nintendo that can't program netcode properly.
>missing out on literally every major game by Jap devs
Switch is also getting a lot of major games that other platforms aren't getting at all, like Daemon X Machina, Octopath Traveler, Dragon Marked For Death, Travis Strikes Again and Astral Chain.

Attached: 1550124677915.png (701x854, 52K)

Nintendo*

>paid online cons for both Sony and Nintendo
>not for Microsoft
I wonder who's behind this thread

You think these other companies don't spend money of their own? The point is this is the 2nd major event in a row Sony has cancelled which their fans were looking forward to seeing either the conference or actually attending the booths. Not a single Sony fan can deny they're disappointed by this.

>Microsoft implemented paid online this gen

Imagine being this new

Not for shitty recycled Nvidia chipsets

Nope, not even close. Every Switch game has res scaling, 720p is standard, and almost nothing runs at 60 fps outside of the simple cartoon shit

Yes, most games are larger than 10GB not including updates.

Nope, the Switch gets less physical releases than most consoles.

Nope, most of those games are shit and irrelevant, it's largely a port machine.

Nope, the Servers are dogshit, even for stuff like MH gen (which has dead online)

>those
>major games
Lmao. You didn't list a single major game, even daemon is mediocre as fuck, runs at 20 fps, and has awful res scaling to counter your initial point.

don't forget pushing movie games and abandoning shit like Ape Escape and Wild Arms. Its the sony way to do well and then act like absolute cock suckers when they are on top. They did the same thing to their consumer electronics division by dropping quality and just riding on the name. Sony needs to go at this point they will never be trust worthy.

As a Sony console owner, I don't care or know a person that does. Are you a highscool child?

Suck a huge fat honking dick you dirty retard

>started off the gen by implementing paid online
NIGGER THEY'RE THE ONES THAT ADDED ACTUAL CONTENT TO THE SERVICE
>rereleases ps2 games as paid store downloads instead of supporting ps2 emulator
Game streaming the new emulation service, sorry they just don't let the PC market eat up the value of their old content
>claims no one wants backwards compatibility at the same time
Ya its Nintendo that focuses on replaying the old shit, theres are still a large portion of humans who have never gamed. There are a lot of collectors who are happy with their collections having a value.
>releases new half assed new console 40% weaker than the xbox one x for only 20% less cost
What the fuck did Microsoft add to the generation? Completely ignoring the fact the entirety of the Pro in the first place was to play VR. Also WipeOut VR Top tier
>doesn't go back and update older popular 1st party titles like bloodborne or persona 5
Wahhhhh the games I like didn't get free content updates
>implements anti-consumer policies like blocking cross-play between consoles
Do you have any idea how many games I've been stealing by using the complete absence of any account identification security? I've literally gone through thousands of dollars of saving, Game Sharing is not dead
>CEO announces they want to make less and less games in the future
Bitch they literally release games that allow you to make your own games within them, brainlets like you can't comprehend that this hardware company has always focused on 3rd party. Way less Sony exclusives are sponsored than you think
>censorship policies
Since Nintendo has always allowed an endless range for titles.

I don't even want to go over how fucking idiotic your other company points are

Attached: Dnac.webm (294x324, 504K)

>Not for shitty recycled Nvidia chipsets
Each unit costs $250 to produce.
>Nope, not even close.
Mario Odyssey
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8
Smash Bros Ultimate
These are all best-sellers of the Switch and they're 900p/1080p and 60FPS. Infinitely better than your average new PS4 game.
>Yes, most games are larger than 10GB
So explain to me how I simultaneously have Splatoon 2, ARMS, the DxM demo, Bayonetta and MHGU installed on my Switch without a single microSD existing in my house.
>Nope, the Switch gets less physical releases than most consoles
>Nope, most of those games are shit and irrelevant, it's largely a port machine.
>even for stuff like MH gen
>You didn't list a single major game
Now you're just making shit up.

I'm sorry you have no friends or a social life.

The only reason the PS3 was sold at a loss was because they shoved a blu-ray drive in because they wanted to win the format war and using their idiot playstation fans was the perfect mechanism to do it. The drives in the PS3 were so slow they ended up filling the discs with redundant data just because the read time was so shit.

They didn't start selling at a loss until it became apparent that the hype was short lived and no one one wanted a $600 on a system with no games. This lead to them dropping ps2 support to make the piece of shit cheaper. Sony was so cocky they thought next gen didn't begin until they said so. Oh and the POS shipped with no online and no Trophy support because those two things were added out of sheer desperation due to the 360 being popular as fuck. I thought they would change their ways with the PS4 but I was wrong.

>PS4 set to move 100 million total systems this year
>Yea Forums still insists Sony is dying
Shit just gets more and more amusing to watch.

Nobody said they're dying.

Yeah, instead of creating a good home console that uses blu ray discs as game format, Jewtendo created a stupid "hybrid" console as powerful as a calculator that uses overpriced cartridges that are more expensive to produce than blu ray discs, so they can charge 60 dollars for shitty 2.5 GB sized games that look from two generations ago.

Yea Forums makes pachter look like nostradamus by comparison. the funniest part is that people then try to flip the script and act like everyone always says nintendo is "doomed" instead so they can play the victim card.

Do you own a PS4?

>doesn't go back and update older popular 1st party titles like bloodborne or persona 5
That's the developer's job, dingus. Fromsoft aren't particularly good at optimizing their games in general.

Attached: 1548718058683.jpg (997x880, 236K)

It's up to Sony to commission it. The devs won't do shit they don't have to.

>Kikes made money so that means it's ok that I got kiked
How are goys this fucking retarded?