Which Nintendo franchise is the most overrated?

Which Nintendo franchise is the most overrated?

Attached: nintendofranchises.png (900x619, 926K)

By fans? Metroid and Kirby.
By the company? Fire Emblem.

donkey kong

metroid and fire emblem

> Best: Zelda, Mario, Metroid
> Overrated: Fire Emblem
> Underutilized: Pokemon, Xenoblade
> Overhyped: Smash Bros

star fox

Metroid.
And before you all scream at me, I've played Zero Mission, Super Metroid, and the first two Prime games, and none of them interested me because it overall just felt boring to play because there's almost no challenge if you play the intended way. I know these are baby games, but Jesus Christ these are just braindead easy.
>J-JUST LIMIT YOURSELF!
In a game that encourages exploration in order to gain item upgrades, if your game is difficult because it's played in an unintentional way, then it's not really difficult, that's just artifically challenging yourself.
>B-BUT MARIO AND KIRBY
Those two franchises unironically have more challenges than Metroid games.

zelda but also actually fire emblem

Sin & Punishment and StarTropics are the most underrated

Kirby by far followed by Fire Emblem

> No Fossil Fighters
Trash, not that it's overrated by any means, but it's weird it's not there.

Kirby and DK, Mother too

Pokemon by multiple orders of magnitude

Fire emblem and zelda

Zelda, there are so many better adventure games

Zelda or Pokemon i dont know wich one takes the cake
we'll know better when they relase games at the same time

Unironically Fire Emblem, both by Nintendo and fans.

We're discussing overrated franchises here, seething Smashtards.

I dunno but Pikmin is easily the most underrated.

What's the deal with Fire Emblem? Why does everyone like this game except Yea Forums?

Mario
New mario bros ds/wii are the only good mario games change my mind
(Jk please don't I already know I'm getting crucified for this opinion)

Their most overrated franchise is definitely Electroplankton.
The amount of times I have heard people shilling this piece of shit is overwhealming and it makes me hope Nintendo goes under

>Why does everyone like this game except Yea Forums?
This can be described for a lot of games.

>he thinks I play Smash
>he thinks I actually play video games

>All of them saying FE is overrated
>"Se-seething smashtards!"
Sure FE faggot

Attached: laugh.jpg (640x448, 29K)

we know, seething weeaboo.

>Custom Robo
It sucks that we're never going to get a offical Custom Robo game again. Sure, the creator of Custom Robo is making a spiritual successor on the nintendo switch, but in my opinion, it isn't the same. I'll still buy it and probably have fun with it, though.
Anyway, if we're on topic, then probably Startropics or something like Mother.
I love both of those games but they're overrated

Nothing, Smashfags are just using this thread as excuse to shit on FE even more.
No one actually cares about the franchise or is overrated in the lease.
>POPULAR THING I DON'T LIKE
Is not overrated, but Smashtards are just retarded

Literally who

Indeed we are, FEfag.

came here to post this.

Attached: 22221140_1931153850441224_5305123099845328896_n.jpg (640x640, 64K)

Alright, then let's take a look at pokemon

>DUDE LE BEST PLATFORMER EVER!!!

DKfags are obnoxious cunts.

Attached: DKC5_box_art.jpg (250x353, 167K)

Fire Emblem. Fuck off, I haven't played smash since 2007.

you haven't played it

seething

While I love Custom Robo, I find it criminally bad that Custom Robo killed Gotcha Force

PLEASE NINTENDO BRING BACK ENDLESS OCEAN I'M FUCKING BEGGING YOU I WANT TO SWIM AROUND WITH FISH AND HAVE A SOMEWHAT MODERATELY INTERESTING STORY LINE THAT CAN TAKE A BACK SEAT WHENEVER YOU'D LIKE IT TO SO YOU CAN EXPLORE THE BEAUTIFUL WORLD THAT'S BEEN BUILT FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE PLEAAAASE

Attached: 1537319752496.jpg (318x313, 11K)

Kirby
>but dude kirby has no bad games xD

Attached: hoy.jpg (500x500, 30K)

>have 60+ IPs at your disposal
>only make games for 8 of them at most
>even then, half of those are half-assed bare minimum effort

Attached: 1543005149721.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

Pokémon got 90 Billion dollars in revenue.It's literally the highest of any media franchise ever.

The only Zelda games worthy of praise are oot and mm, yet every other game despite being completely inferior gets treated like gods gift

Zelda is the most overrated

And what does that have to do with being overrated?
Overrated means something being highly praised despite not deserving such praise.
People are very critical of Pokemon games, so they're hardly overrated.
Meanwhile, people just can't stop sucking KI Uprising's dick and clamoring it as "BEST GAEM EVUR" when it's average as fuck at best.

Attached: 1535323487766.png (500x500, 377K)

Pokemon is the correct answer. There is no reason to play it beyond gen 3.

>Overrated, can do no wrong
Pokemon, 3D Mario
>Overrated
Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Octo Expansion
>A bit overrated
Metroid, Kirby

>Pokemon
>overrated
>people endlessly shitting on gen 6, gen 7 and LGPE
You don't know what overrated means.

>MFW I'm such a basic bitch I love a majority of the IPs listed in the image.
Tell me, Yea Forumsros, am I just a basic bitch or less cynical than you guys?

What's the deal with FE niggas vs Smash niggas? I don't play either but might try FE.

Only on Yea Forums or /vp/

people are still shoving money down GF's throat.The only rating anyone at Nintendo cares about is this.

>Only on Yea Forums or /vp/
You should get out of this site more.

Unironically Kirby. Every single game is basically a tech demo for 3 year olds. uwu and LORE does not a good game make. Retards saying Fire Emblem don't even make sense because even FE fans shit on the series new direction and it doesn't invalidate it's history of numerous great games. Metroid is a stupid answer too as nearly every game has been phenomenal. Meanwhile Kirby has never once had a great game.
>B-but muh superstar
No different from any other Kirby and a handful of distraction modes don't make it so.

Runner up is Animal Crossing because it's the least innovative farming/life sim that continues to get worse with each installment yet is worshipped as the resurrection of gaming Jesus every time a new console comes out and teases an AC. Even Yea Forums falls for it despite the fact that everyone drops the game a month in.

Attached: 1551903827032.png (1000x1000, 1.87M)

>mfw you have no face

Attached: 1371295851255.jpg (200x255, 13K)

It's overrated in the sense that it's the most popular media franchise despite being a shit series.

>Posting in an overrated thread with a Mortal Kombat image.
Woo boy, now isn't that accurate.

Fire Emblem gets a shit ton of preferential treatment in Smash's roster. Whether that's worth complaining about is a matter of opinion

Smash Bros

>POPULAR GAME I DON'T LIKE IS OVERRATED

F Zero is a fun series but is it really worth all the begging for a new one?

Kirby games are fun
And each of them is very different, like each has a reason to exist, except for the kirby's adventure rehashes like Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe
And are you going to tell me Amazing Mirror is not a great game?

Which one are you? Seething kirbaby or crossing cuck

Strip this game of the DK coat of paint and you would still have a fantastic, challenging platformer that constantly throws vibrant, imaginative and well-designed levels that should blow any platformer enthusiast's mind.

Strip any other big Nintendo name - Mario, Zelda, Pokémon - of their IP coats of paint and you'll get a mediocre or below average game. Those games are carried by brands. DK is carried by sheer quality and the love put into the game.

Pokemon literally gets away with putting out shit game after shit game while people convince themselves that they're still good and berating anyone who even remotely says anything negative about them.

Gundam vs series killed gotcha force. Such a shame

f-zero or starfox

That's a retarded reason to justify a game existing. The new Yoshi Wooly game is new too but it feels like watching paint dry. Kirby games aren't far off. The only interesting novelty they ever had was the power combinations of Crystal Shards. But the games are so mindless they never make good use of the powers. Its not required in combat and the "puzzles" if you can call them that are basically take two steps suck up the fire guy and burn the thing. A game doesn't need to be "The Dark Souls of the ____ genre" but there has to be some kind of feedback to keep you going and Kirby fans tend to hand waive the complete lack of motivation in the games with "but it's fun!"

Golden sun. I don't think I've ever seen anything but praise for it but it's just mediocre.

Pokémon, of fucking course.
>only Yea Forums and /vp/ hate Gen 6/7/LGPE
>"I-I swear is not overrated!"
Fuck off.

The person who has good taste in fighting games.

You need to go back.

Kirby is
>HURR DURR KIRBY IS DE STRONGEST
>KIRBY CAN DESTROY UNIVERSES
>H-HE FOUGHT GODS AND DEMONS
Kirby fags are obnoxious as fuck

>No different from any other Kirby and a handful of distraction modes don't make it so.
The only mode that can really be considered a distraction is Gourmet Race and the sub-games, the rest of them are their own self-contained adventure. The thing that makes the game great is that the 5 modes that DO make up a substantial chunk of the game all do something unique and give the game a rich sense of variety on top of the replayability copy abilities provide. It’s also not the only great Kirby game either, Robobot, Amazing Mirror, Superstar Ultra, and Adventure are also solid as fuck in their own right. From your post it seems like you don’t know a damn thing about the series past the bare minimum and that there’s been some samey games inbetween the good stuff.

Attached: B106E869-68FC-4677-A33C-97F3566149D8.jpg (750x686, 63K)

Pokemon, and it's not even close.
Game Freak has all the power in the world to make masterpiece after masterpiece with this IP yet they make the most bland, easy, generic garbage because they know it'll sell like hotcakes no matter what.

pokemon

>Game Freak has all the power in the world to make masterpiece after masterpiece with this IP
>He thinks Game Freak actually has skill of any sense

Unironically F-Zero.

90% of people haven't played F-Zero, F-Zero X, or F-Zero GX and when they do they bitch it's too hard and just want a Captain Falcon beat em up.

Attached: 1522984487083.png (3200x2400, 3.26M)

Overrated? I honestly can't tell. Everyone shits on nintendo nowadays, even nintendofags.
>FE fans shit on new fire emblem
>New fire emblem fans shit on new FE
>Mario, Zelda and Pokemon garner so much attention that there's always the contrarian crowd and the jaded lifelong fans that nitpick absolutely everything
>No one gives a shit about kirby outside of Kirbyfags and memers
>Only women and furries care about Animal Crossing, the rest find it annoying at worst.
>Smashfags, do I even have to say anything
>A lot of people disregard Xenoblade without even trying it
>Every other franchise on that image is forgotten by nintendo.

3D Zelda by far.

Too bad SEGA just circlejerks Sonic over and over.

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD.

When Kirby gets a new game seemingly every year it doesn't say a lot that three games and a remake are all you have to show for Kirby being "solid"

>Which Nintendo franchise is the most overrated?

Attached: Skyward Sword.png (322x230, 48K)

>When Kirby gets a new game seemingly every year it doesn't say a lot that three games and a remake are all you have to show for Kirby being "solid"
I can’t really agree when a lot of the time those “yearly releases” are just spinoffs, while the mainline games are usually 2-3 years apart excluding remakes. And the games I listed were just what I thought were the highlights, not the only good games. The only Kirby games I’d say are straight up mediocre or bad are Squeak Squad, 64 (good concept, but most mix abilities are gimmicky and aren’t really fun to use more than they are novel for the first minute or so and the game is really slow paced), and Star Allies. I could’ve listed games like RTDL and Triple Deluxe but Robobot did it better, and Star Allies fell flat on its face because it was rushed out for Spring.

Then they aren't true F-Zero fans.Sure a Falcon beat em up could be interesting but not before we get an actual racing game then we could do a spinoff like that.

Attached: Drunk nigga hours.jpg (433x578, 47K)

>Triple Deluxe
>Having a reason to exist

All of them. It's embarrassing how far behind this company has fallen. A ton of dead ips and their series that are still alive have been surpassed numerous times by better developers. Nintendo died with the N64.

Smash, it's just a silly fighting game.

Nintendo makes more polished games but at least Sega is nice to it's fans.

Attached: 1539886844341.gif (320x240, 404K)

Don't worry pikmin and paper mariofags, I'm sure you'll get your new games soon... maybe

Attached: 1518156290392.png (767x800, 350K)

What do you mean by “having a reason to exist”?

F-Zero GX.

X with the expansion kit is the better game.

Yoshi, Star Fox, and Kirby. No idea how people still get excited for these games.

I didn't think anyone on the planet wanted another Endless Ocean.

I thought I was the only one...

Speak for yourself fag

As of right now? Easily Kirby. THE most overrated. By far.

The subect of Kirby manchildren on Yea Forums like to sell the lie that Kirby is a perfect franchise with no bad games on its record, when it clearly fucking does (Star Allies, Battle Royale, Rainbow Curse, Squeak Squad). Moreover, not a SINGLE Kirby game since the first one on Game Boy has managed to get higher than a score of 9. It's a C tier franchise riddled with mediocre 7s and 6s.

>B-BUT MUH DEEP HIDDEN LORE! KIRBY IS JUST CUTE ON THE OUTSIDE IT'S SECRETLY DARK AND FOREBODING

And then we have this cancer. The Ultra Kirbyfaggot, birthed somewhere around 2008 when that hack Kumazaki took directorial duties of the franchise. All this hack does is rehash Super Star's formula over and over but each time there's a new lame gimmick to solve puzzles with in a linear cinematic fashion. He also started the push for more autism regarding the supposed "lore" of this franchise, which amounts to vague text on a pause screen during specific boss fights. The stories are so poorly told and barebones they try to add shit onto it on other media and vague hints and it riles up the Ultra Kirbyfag's autistic manchild imaginations.

At least back then you could count on Sakurai or Shimomura to deliver a solid if easy platformer with good gameplay. Now its no different than NSMB with constant releases that USE THE SAME FUCKING ENGINE AND ARTSTYLE. But they added your shitty spider and robot OC as DLC so that makes it okay I guess?

Fuck Kirbyfags and fuck this franchise. You're all lost.

The answer is D. All of the above

Attached: Yiked.png (633x874, 56K)

Gonna go with Kirby. Superstar and Adventure are legit great but every game after is just kind of "okay" games that are gimmick heavy with a lot of flash and no substance, but the general public treat him like the golden boy who's never had a less than stellar game in his life.

>All this hack does is rehash Super Star's formula over and over

I wish he'd rehash the concept of the "five adventures plus some minigames" idea from Superstar instead of everything else. I'd love to see a new game that's not just one single story and throws in new ideas and objectives.

Kirby, at least by the fanbase.

FUCK

Attached: fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.png (1016x852, 859K)

Mario is still great
The 2D platform games of today are still incredibly well designed in all but its visuals, and the 3D games are some of the best the genre has to offer

>image uses the Takamaru’s Ninja Castle logo when the actual game is named the Mysterious Murasame Castle

The 3d games are still great, but the NSMB games are pretty mediocre. Thankfully, they seem to want to phase them out and replace them with Mario Maker which is genuinely fun.

Attached: 1471759910477.jpg (945x703, 51K)

>Runner up is Animal Crossing because it's the least innovative farming
Stop right there.
That's exactly why it's 10x better than your tedious, dull "life" simulators

Attached: 1407897692864.jpg (600x742, 70K)

I dunno man, Odyssey was pretty trash. There was almost nothing of substance to it, it was like they went for quantity over quality.

Pokemon has not deserved it's success or it's praise for many many years now. Hands down, objectively correct opinion.

By critics: Zelda and Mario
by fans: Xenoblade

LttP, OoT and BoTW are the only ones considered by the majority of people as being great
MM is at least as good as OoT but less people played it so it doesn't get as much recognition
TP and WW are divisive
SS is hated by many
People never really talk about the handheld games.
The original is outdated and the sequel is barely known.

Attached: How does collecting something make you have less.png (500x500, 76K)

Animal Crossing.

Attached: 1552430323285.png (975x1075, 1.6M)

thank you based kirby user.

Attached: 1523587749453.jpg (1884x2113, 495K)