What do they eat?

what do they eat?

Attached: Whiterun_Skyrim.png (1600x900, 2.45M)

Food from the farms that are directly outside of the city in the game. You fight a giant and meet the companions for the first time in the fields

This, there is enough food for the thirty or so who live in Whiterun. (Nordic translation for bird shit)

The city is surrounded by farms. I mean of course limitations make the scale silly, but there are like less than 50 people in Whiterun.

will mrbtongue ever return?

>what do they eat?
nothing, someone stole their sweet rolls

Attached: white-t-shirt-narrow-leg-jeans-brown-boots.jpg (820x1328, 624K)

There are like 3 fucking farms outside

OP unequivocally BTFO forever

What about these people? What do they eat? For that matter, where is their drinking water?

Attached: images.jpg (296x170, 16K)

This pic make more sense

Attached: image.png (1600x900, 2.73M)

>What do they eat?

Pussy.

Such a shitty town design.

They import their food.

I thought they had a buttload of argonians who brought fish in?

What do they eat?

Attached: girdershade.png (1280x800, 1.46M)

They do have a pretty big harbor and there is another farm semi close to it
There is no excuse for this one.

Windhelm does have a fishery, Winterhold though I'm not so sure on.

There's some farms outside and there's plenty of fish and hunting to go around for
of course there's going to be a large amount of food in a fucking fantasy setting

>drinking water
that mountain is covered in fucking snow brainlet
Also deer and troll meat. And the guy you meet on the road literal says he takes his caravan up there every week for deliveries

There's 2 farms to the south east of windhelm

a diet of nuka cola

>Not a single Bathttub in the entire city

Imagine the Smell

Overall, Skyrim does the "what do they eat?" thing pretty well. I always liked that there's a guy that brings up supplies and preserved food to the monks at High Hrothgar.

really love how lively the cities look with some good mods, forget the two in particular but they add a lot of street vendors and other things to make it look like people live there

You know this doesn't really work when there is arable land everywhere. Now if it was a post apocalyptic world with radiation and giant monsters everywhere...

You only have to eat in Cyrodil if you take damage.

Heh

It actually wouldn't smell that bad. It'd be like the smell you get after you just got finished exercising. Plus people back then ate healthier than we do, so the sweat wouldn't stink as bad.

Why is this considered a city?

Attached: morthal.jpg (1920x1080, 790K)

what was their tax policy

Because it has almost as many houses as the capital of Skyrim

those pants piss me off

>What do they eat?
What's brought in on the roads, it's the capital. A large seaport and a road to High Rock bring in everything they need.
>For that matter, where is their drinking water?
There is a spring under the big ass rock, you see wells all over the city.

Each area gets their own jarl so they have to plunk something there.

Because the "cities" in Skyrim are extremely (emphasis on EXTREMELY) downscaled compared to the realistic lore sizes of those cities.

where do they poop?

wish it was possible/feasible to have a realistic sized TES game with every province

buckets

Why is a side town in Oblivion larger than the main city in Skyrim

Attached: AW7xLOu.png (1920x1080, 3.02M)

solitude is 100% biggerer

Eat? I hardly see any of them eat, and then it's mostly bread so I assume they all learned a conjure bread spell at some point. It's not like they need to eat anyway, there's no stats for nutrition.

feces

Cause Oblivion is a terrific game.

Yeah, I also obsess over what clothes other men wear. Also, I’m gay.

It's graphics and potato faces sure do induce terror.

because they knew they had finally made the movement/combat smooth enough that it would sell no matter what they put in the game. both the standard and special edition are still in the steam top 20 played games

Because it's the capital of a hold, just like Falkreath and Dawnstar.

I genuinely think that if nothing else, Bethesda heard the "what do they eat" criticism from Fallout 3. Both Skyrim and FO4 have decent explanations for all major settlements.

It's feasible in every way except financial

they hunt

It's surrounded by farmland and game.

They eat pussy instead of shit posting about skyrim everyday you fucking virgin lmao

also probably technological. Imagine how much space all that shit would take

Well it's hypothetically possible, probably not on Gamebryo but given enough time and money, we currently have the technology necessary to create it, along with an engine optimized for it.

The Spyro trilogy which took up ~600MB total back on the PS1 now takes up 70GB with the remakes and it's seen as nothing special, we have silly amounts of hardware to work with.

They would have to cut up the game into a shitload of hubs to actually run without blowing up your computer.

Not much.

rad roaches

Heat snow you fucking retard or lower a bucket into the river below

I can't really blame Bethesda for making cities smaller than villages. Look at Witcher 3 Novigrad, that's what the actual size of a medieval era city would be like. Imagine how much work it would take for each city in Skyrim to be a similar size.

Attached: location-novigrad.jpg (469x481, 70K)

Gamebryo could probably handle it with optimization, pretty sure they improved cell buffers and LOD shit with Fallout 4 and 76. And I guess let this serve as a regular reminder that most issues with Bethesda games stem from the incompetence of the devs and not the engine itself.

>that's what the actual size of a medieval era city would be like.
lol no, even Novigrad is too small

I'm always in a minority when I say this but I really don't care if Bethesda moves away from the whole "every building enterable/every NPC important" thing for the sake of scale. I just want a balance between that and Witcher 3's NPCs that never move and repeat the same three lines.

That hasn't been a problem for competent devs for almost a decade now, the size of the worlds doesn't matter one bit, the problem is filling them with content and making them interesting. The one thing we'd probably have to compromise on is the item/world interactivity as keeping track of where everyone and everything is would get ridiculous quickly with ballooning save file sizes.

Attached: 1544476224024.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

two hundred year old tv dinners

>inn
>3 merchant stalls
>couple farms outside town

>huh what do they eat???

Attached: 1494477138086.png (1000x1000, 66K)

>really love how lively the cities look with some good mods

The fact that people call them cities is a problem. They should be called towns. It would be more appropriate and manage expectations of scale.

What does he eat?

Attached: Billyboy.jpg (1728x1080, 1.05M)

True. Even Novigrad is on the small size.

>Why is this considered a city?
>Because the "cities" in Skyrim are extremely

Every settlement doesn't have to be a "city." In a pre-industrial society an actual "city" is extremely rare anyway. There wouldn't be any cities in Skyrim at all. Everything else would be towns or smaller.

they don’t need food or water bro just turn your brain off nerd

No, I'd much rather have a few hand crafted interiors than hundreds of empty boxes.

I'd sacrifice both the world scale and interactivity if it meant a smoother and more responsive gameplay experience, the clunky combat and the roach-like floaty movement were fucking unacceptable in Oblivion, let alone in all of their games for the past 13 years.

>press forward and sideways movement keys at the same time
>character model glides diagonally over the terrain but with the forward animation playing
Disgusting.

pussy

this is what happens when you regularly practice cunnilingus

fair enough but you get the point

It's really crazy how bethesda cares so much about the lore for TES and does shit to reference things like c0da but then not give a single fuck about fallout's lore/rules

TES is their child fallout is the retarded stepson

Even towns would be an over-exaggeration, they are all literal villages.

Todd actually puts effort into TES.
Even if you think Skyrim is shit is still has way more soul and effort put into than Fallout 4 and 76

Fallout and ES have different writers and lore masters. Pete Hines has said time and time again he does not give a shit about Fallout lore and continuity.

TES has the benefit that they can just disregard continuity by going "oh yeah one of the gods did it or something"

not interested in discussing ghoul diet's in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls

Very true, think Dragonborn for example. On the surface Miraak looks like he's just trying to enslave everyone but he's actually doing some crazy shit to restart the universe with him as the head god or whatever. With fallout it's so much simpler

Hell and even then the way they do it makes the setting more interesting

My ass kek

He clearly just finished eating everything in the fridge before you showed up

Well the Fallout series never had a Michael Kirkbride for Bethesda to draw from

Avellone is the closest thing to that but even then not really

Skyrim came out 8 years ago, was in development 12+ years ago

I'm really worried with what the new TES will be, especially since it's going to end up on the next gen consoles.

Village is an exaggeration. They are obviously hamlets

Hamlets are a bit much. They look more like houses to me.

that's Winterhold, not Solitude
you dummy

Based Shandyman poster

With their mouths.

no it's a bed

not the question op asked
sarada fucking sucks
she's also a slut

Only in manga.

Dreams don't need to eat

Raiders

The real question is who in the best wife and why is it Sylgja?

Attached: american tolkien.jpg (645x729, 124K)