Why won't Valve make a new l4d? It's not like it is impossible for them to meet expectations, unlike half life

Why won't Valve make a new l4d? It's not like it is impossible for them to meet expectations, unlike half life

Attached: 412142142412.jpg (301x167, 6K)

I'm gonna do it Shraggy

>effort
>when you can do nothing and still get paid

Because Artifact is better.

Because they didn't make L4D, Turtlerock did. Also, Valve only makes games that they can pinch pennies from and bank on whales with stupid bullshit.

im gonna fricken do it shaggy

didn't they make the sequel?

They can't think of a good way to fill it full of MTXs. Weapon skins and shit wouldn't have the same kind of draw in a game with no competitive scene.

Sike, Shaggy just played you

why hasn't another developer taken advantage of valve's laziness and made something better than left 4 dead?

Attached: one.jpg (1028x1216, 377K)

Valve's game development doctrine is one fucked up mess.
TL;DR:
>Power to the Workers
>People can work on projects as they see fit, focusing on one singular game/Steam module or flitting about like a retarded butterfly
>Myriad projects get scrapped after the design phase cause none of the developers really wanna make it
>That design doc with the mobile desks thing wasn't a joke

I've heard that Valve can't count to three. Don't quote me on that.

That’s what Evolve was supposed to be.

World War Z
Earthfall

Get 'em wet, Shaggy.

Attached: 1551974578104.gif (380x318, 3.67M)

valve is a nightmare company now

shaggy gon sneeze

A stack of salami, where's the mayonnaise?

Vermintide 2 is better I think

Aee you implying they cant make zombie hats? Dude...

Indications are that members of turtle rock who became the Evolve team rejoined Valve after Evolve failed.

This should be pretty obvious as to why

OOOOOOOOOooooooo

This.
It builds perfectly on their formula and introduces much better levels and gameplay elements in it.

Unironically one of the worst games I have ever played, with one of the worst developers I have ever seen.

You say it's better because you didn't actually play L4D2, probably like 12 when it came out

>I don't like this game so if you like it you didn't actually play it

Attached: 1522559377133.png (211x244, 80K)

But l4d2 is already as complete as it gets. What could a third game possibly bring to the table?

The developers are horrendous but the game is miles better than L4D will ever be, the gameplay alone surpasses the basics of L4D.
The only time I had fun with L4D was the Helms Deep mod.

they have. it is one of their 'three full VR games'.

the gameplay is some of the most anti-fun gameplay design i have ever seen.

i'd like some levels with multiple exits for extra level paths. I think thats a natural step for a L4D3 if we ever get one, probably not.

>probably not.

You won't get that as it is bad design, players would split up just to troll or out of confusion.

I dont mean the loot I mean the actual gameplay as in the meele which is the focus of the game.

everything we know about left 4 dead 3 shows that it's been cancelled for years

i dont remember if this is anywhere close to being true but i remember hearing shit like L4d3 and HL3 are basically already completed but Valve is just waiting for a time when the game's release would help them out financially

Literally nothing leaked from valve shows this being the case, at all.

yeah, i never really considered that i never play with random people.

I also mean the actual gameplay. Which was one of the most dragging, boring, unfun, non-powerful feelig things I have ever played. the game sucks.

Negatory, gabe reiterated for the second time last year that they have three games in active development that were not artifact.

He said in an interview after that that Valve wanted to do a lot of different things for years, and to paraphrase, they wanted to get back to making games now

It is in production. It will make an absurd amount of money off clothing microtransactions.

There was a chance Valve would've made one if Epic Store was able to compete against Steam but after today, this is no longer possible.

Well thats just wrong.
If you perhaps didnt played on baby mode you wouldve seen the true extend of it.
In comparison to the absolute dogshit in L4D which is only run and gun it has an actual skill ceiling.

>the valve was the only western dev I actually liked
>making games is too much effort, just bank on steam
>tfw I would've done the same if i were them

Attached: what_te_fuck.png (1200x1200, 269K)

>Make l4d2 solely to say "See? We can ship sequels in a timely fashion."
>Go back to releasing nothing
Oh Volvo, you're incorrigible

Attached: 1544817062796.jpg (1024x768, 24K)

vermintide is a grindy piece of shit with a tacked on loot treadmill
l4d shits on that garbage

Vermintide shits on L4D regardless.
Loot is just a thing to keep most of you autists hooked the real key to the game is the meele gameplay.

What the fuck is that thing

>>Make l4d2 solely to say "See? We can ship sequels in a timely fashion."
I recall backlash after L4D2. A combination of lack of good release timing and improper assumptions that l4d2 was just an expansion pack turned into a full game

it was unfortunate. l4d2 was just better l4d primarily because the new specials were built to punish players like me who figred out good spots to camp or cheeze survival stats. I managed 2+hours on several original l4d survival maps with some buddies because we figured out the cheeze locations. All three of the new specials were designed to counter all our meme strats so we had to relearn how better to cheese.
in other news, fuck spitters. They're great.