Just finished DMC5. Why did they give virgil doppleganger from DmC and copied the fight...

Just finished DMC5. Why did they give virgil doppleganger from DmC and copied the fight? But at the same time made the fight so slow in comparison to DmC and even DMC3?
DMC5:
youtu.be/XZ5GvSwX5Kk?t=59
DmC:
youtu.be/PJSX2ULdKsQ?t=213

Attached: 1552257254046.jpg (390x398, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z-fdeihoc-k&t=85s
youtube.com/watch?v=egfH4vOJRd0
youtube.com/watch?v=TyUArTDYYVc
dailymotion.com/video/x2yttor
youtube.com/watch?v=JBA7Jtsl-58
store.steampowered.com/app/941955/Devil_May_Cry_5__DMC3_Battle_Track_3Pack/?snr=1_16
youtube.com/watch?v=7x5FGaI1fVc
youtube.com/watch?v=pFLUE2kdemE
youtu.be/7XuZNnAGv44?t=831
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DMC5's arena was more than twice as big as it needed to be.

DmC: DE has TM

But thats not even with turbo mode on retard.

I like how the DmC fight seems to speed up as it goes along.

If it wasn't that size you'd have nowhere to escape his judgement cut end.

The dmc5 fight is wayyy faster than the DmC one, and also way better designed. It shines a lot more when you get to it on higher difficulties.

Yikes, the "DmC" one looks so bad. I'm glad I never played this garbage.

*blocks your path*
youtube.com/watch?v=z-fdeihoc-k&t=85s

Cope.

?

They gave him a doppelganger because of DmC, but for DMCV it thematically makes sense because Vergil splits his personalities into separate beings. I'm sure that wasn't the reason they added it, though.

Vergil felt too... slow. Instead of spamming super quick helm breakers, he does the DmC one where he floats in the air for a full second before slamming down with Yamato. In DMC3, in the final fight he would do a quick helm breaker into a stinger to fuck you up. Definitely disappointed that they made Vergil so easy and slow. His rapid slash is slow as well, and has too much fucking recovery on it. He doesn't royal guard parry you into his launcher, and he doesn't become much more difficult in DT.

I like the overall design of him and the attacks he has, they just need to speed it up a whole lot and not give you such huge windows of cooldown to punish him. He's a final boss, he deserves that much.

I agree, especially when you swap to nero he feels like a cakewalk in comparison with dante. I thought he would step it up when you swapped to nero but instead he just slowed down even more.

ROYALGUARD

DmC was so much fun.

I dont like DmC but the parry sounds are just GOTY

Because It's better to fight two good characters instead of 2 bad ones.

I have nothing against DmC as DMC5 was my first DMC but that fight looks like complete garbage compared to the one in 5.

The timegap between DmC and 5 is bigger than 4 and DmC

Play it on "sons of sparda" or even better "dante must die" and then come talk. Vergil goes full on apeshit on those difficulties.

Okay but this was just devil hunter for both. Pretty sure DMD does not make you faster on DmC or DMC5.

It does though. Vergil gets a more responsive AI and more moves.

I said you. logical the enemies will go faster on both sides though.

Because Itsuno worked on DmC, Doppleganger was a style in 3, and it fits Vergil's major theme of duality in 5.

Attached: 1552349171944.jpg (515x514, 60K)

If you're good you can dodge/block/counter every attack. Just watch how the pros do it. Your speed is dependent on your playstyle, if you're slow then you're going to get shat on it's that simple. The controls of this game are very responsive, they are as perfect as it's predecessors if not even more polished.

youtube.com/watch?v=egfH4vOJRd0
Literally zoomer, boomer and bloomer

hot

I really hope we get Vergil as DLC and he gets one of these. I NEED to know what Vergil's dance would be.

Attached: 1473528053710.png (814x646, 169K)

HOW DO I DEAL WITH VERGILS DOPPELGANGER AHHHHHH

Attached: nohumanity.png (563x427, 274K)

Shoot him until he dies, he doesn't take that much to kill.

>there are retards who think 5 Vergil's fight was ripped from DmC
lovin every laugh

Attached: Laughing Easy Mode.jpg (960x725, 97K)

>Hey guys

Attached: 642.jpg (194x163, 11K)

>Just finished DMC5. Why did they give virgil doppleganger from DmC and copied the fight?
Because DMC5 has references to EVERYTHING DMC. Even Dmc and DMC2. Even the anime!

Attached: DMC2 Flambat.jpg (194x168, 5K)

Is DMC5 the first game to live up to a decade-long hype?

They're so similar that trying to argue otherwise is either shitposting or bring a retarded fanboy

Hey.

Attached: image1727184.jpg (620x465, 37K)

HOly fucking christ does DmC look like absolute trash compared to DMCV. The character models look stiffer than the PS2 games.

Not gonna like "DmC"'s ending was kinda kino.

its all fun and games until you fight one of those as nero

DmC was unironically better than the fucking garbage that was devil may jank 5

>He's still mad that the 2nd grade article he wrote defending DmC got ripped a new one
HAHAHHA

last gen game nigger.

shh...go watch your movie kid

>Last gen game looks worse than Ps2 games

Attached: concerned cage.jpg (250x265, 10K)

Having never played DmC I thought the doppelganger was based on the "spirit shadow" DT that Vergil stole from Nero's Devil Bringer. Still feels like a more legit answer than homaging DmC.

Nero has a sidestep that works as trickster

>Thats a nice combo you got going... Mind if I...

Attached: 531.jpg (700x574, 58K)

But I don't want to watch DmC: DMC trash.
>When you realize that not a single thing was borrowed from DmC and all that praise for it was shallow marketing to get the retarded journalists to rate DMCV highly

Attached: we all came here to laugh at you.jpg (641x640, 174K)

Doppleganger is from DMC3. Vergil also has Quicksilver (SlowParameter), Darkslayer (his default style), and probably one other style.

Attached: DMC5.png (1292x572, 111K)

>use these lumbering fagarolis to get style points of free predictable dodges
>launch them right after

In DMC5 Virgil is more defensive and blocks more instead of attacking in DmC he is more aggressive but blocks less.

Attached: DmC_Devil_May_Cry_Art_MA01.jpg (920x610, 231K)

>streak/stinger spam filter

>sends you into the air
heh...too easy...

This game is fucking easy, I play V on auto on Human difficulty and its no challenge

It has very low HP and it staggers, also if you do a buster move with it close to vergil it will destroy it.

the only good answer that isnt a biased shitpost.

Attached: 1552330520421.png (1316x1080, 536K)

man, i really want to like using V but god damn, i hate the huge fucking delays on all the summon attacks.
even the fucking bird feels like it takes forever for him to start shooting at times.

How do you know when you are truly styling with V if the meter is broken with him?

Attached: 1538695118485.gif (307x277, 415K)

My real problem with v and that stupid bird is every time i try and move away from a target the birrd reads the input as back-attack and does that useless ball attack alongside me.

Yeah but Dante is the one who got doppelganger. I don't remember Vergil using it either. If they want to invoke past games sure but his DMCV doppelganger sure as hell would make sense as a completed version of Nero's DT thanks to Vergil having more power and control.

Attached: Devil-May-Cry-4-devil-may-cry-4-10480378-1600-1200.jpg (1600x1200, 325K)

>tfw I always fuck up trying to use Griffin's moves.

BARRY ARE YOU OKAY

Now because of tha Journalist style music meme Im overly conscious about mine

Let go of target mate. You don't need to keep it held down the entire game, especially as V. The animals still automatically find a target when you tell them to attack.

I always get the back+gun move when trying to distance myself to get a better viewpoint.
honestly griffon was made to be perma DTed while you just try and do bootleg aerial combos with shadow manually.

Never played DmC but
>I loved you brother..
Did old vergil ever admit that?

>YOU DROPPED SOMETHING

Attached: 1528776467532.png (800x600, 373K)

Nero can parry them

Can't wait for the Vergil's Downfall equivalent where we find out what happened after Nelo Angelo blew up

>grabs you with Buster

Attached: nero dropkick.gif (320x240, 2.09M)

>Not posting the real Definitive Edition DmC fight

youtube.com/watch?v=TyUArTDYYVc

>M21 parameter
what

>Videos that are blocked only in some countries

Attached: die dieee!.png (439x938, 170K)

If you're not keeping Griffon charged all the time up to lvl3 then you're playing him wrong.
Basically, bind Griffon to a shoulder button and only use his charge moves
>useless ball attack
It's a very valuable defensive tool to get rid of enemies targeting you, without pulling one of your pets out of combat

what do you mean? the whole DmC DLC was already copied in DMC5. he sacrificed his humanity in DMC5 to gain more power and he sacrificed his heart in the DmC DLC to gain more power?

Attached: DMC.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Good times, good shitposting.

Attached: 1549801906658.jpg (400x516, 26K)

>Sacrifice his humanity
He removes his humanity in DMCV, he doesn't sacrifice it. His humanity is out there running around desperately trying to get back to him.

>those hit and parry sounds

Attached: 1540396913533.gif (255x163, 936K)

hate these fuckers and death scissors

I got you Ameribro
dailymotion.com/video/x2yttor

HOW DO I MAX-ACT GARANTUEED??

Attached: AAAAAA.png (808x805, 480K)

Anyone have el diablo blanco power level list pic?

Did anyone else like Vergil having exhaust pipes on his head in devil trigger

>death scissors
how the fuck do you properly attack them? i feel like i just end up spamming shit on them.

i figured they might be the same as in DMC3 but nope.

>get infinite DT
>fight is easier
whoa

>we did it Vergil! We saved the city!
>Hey Dante guess what! I'm evil lol!
>WHAT
>HOW COULD YOU DO THIS
>F U C K Y O U

Does Nero’s fight with Vergil get any longer on harder modes? It took me like a minute and a half on Normal.

There are a few guardbreak attacks that destroy the scissors very quickly.

Nero's Hold Y or his YYY, Y do a good job.

Yes, since your DT doesn't auto-recharge anymore, on top of more health, more moves, and being considerably more aggressive

damn. his blue blades actually look like blades and not like small daggers.

they should make them bigger in the dlc

The window for table hopper is so insanely short, am I actually supposed to use this to git gud? I can only pull it off in the void and even then its 1/10 times, I just roll dodge mostly

don't bother attacking them. Instead just parry their attacks and insta kill them

you can also use trickster at the right time to dodge it inside the circle

how do I know if the person starring in my game is online or a ghost replay?

Table Hopper is pure bragging material

damn, royal guard is so fun to use.
kinda regret ignoring it in previous games.

so, whats the easiest way to do this one since we dont have vergil yet

Attached: ach.jpg (284x72, 8K)

Royal Fork with V

id imagine group a shit ton up on heaven or hell mode and then do something that cleaves

The gameplay in Vergils downfall is honestly great. It's a shame that alot of the animations suck so bad

This

>it's been 18 years since DMC1 and people STILL don't know how to easily deal with Sin Scissors

Attached: 1550207078397.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

What's up with the insane amounts of DmC shilling? and why during DMC5 hype?

That's the worst time to shitpost

wait for the shine on their snippers and then strike it, so their face turns into a bloody distorted mask and immeditaly shoot after. Instant A too

just weak bait threads because of dmc5 hype

stop pretending to be a cool guy

It's the perfect time tbqh. Nobody would care about DmC counterposting if DMC5 wasn't releasing.

I'm going to say the J word

Yeah. It makes him look like a dragon engine demon.

>What's up with the insane amounts of DmC shilling?
just people finally realizing that DmC (at least the definitive version) is actually pretty decent.
maybe you should actually try out the game yourself instead of shitposting about it.

teach me senpai

Attached: 1530239969022.gif (480x270, 2.46M)

Parry with a sword button the attack is supposed to connect. Next bullet kills. I don't know if it works with V but it works with Nero and Dante.

thanks

Attached: 1530930830326.gif (334x186, 3.93M)

On top of what DMC1anon said, DMC5 scissors now have a shine/glint to them during the attack animation which is your queue to parry.

easiest way to farm orbs now that I just beat the game on normal?

It works with V, it's just harder due to the delay on your actions via shadow and griffon. It might be possible to cane parry but I've not tried it

Faust
Gunslinger
put a hat on everything

>gunslinger
dont you use orbs when you shoot with faust?
Wouldnt it be better to just throw the hat and hit with swords?

you get orbs literally just from hitting with the Gunslinger move

>those kino songs
holy shit, i knew about it but i never watched it

Attached: 1505442007805.jpg (1280x960, 217K)

FUCK YOU
itsuno worked on and liked DmC there's lots of nods to it

Vergil Fights
Dm̃C > DMC3 > DMC 5 > DmC
Not counting Nelo Angelo

Does reading the book work when nightmare is out?

>that instant jump in rank when you parry and demolish them

Attached: 1421223338925.jpg (595x775, 109K)

Yes, it extends DT quite a bit. Even if it didn,t why wouldn't you want to listen to some Blake poems?

You posted the wrong DmC dub

Why did Ninja Theory give Vorgin Doppleganger from DMC3?

>It's just V's but with Yamato instead of the cane

Attached: 1552412677612.webm (960x760, 2.9M)

Its such a bitch to pull off with DSD

Attached: DSDParry.webm (1100x618, 2.23M)

ive been going 6 hours straight and i still cant beat mission 19

Attached: 1521933474252.gif (480x480, 3.07M)

Not
>When you realize that Itsuno took a bunch of shit from DmC and did it better than Tameem's band of edgelords could ever hope to match, making DmC completely obsolete in the process because all it's best stuff is in DMC5

Attached: xehanice.webm (640x360, 108K)

Sheeet, combat system is gold in DMC5

Take a break user, it took me 10 tries too since i didn't want to use continues, then i just made fun of it and practiced pulling stylish moves off

Attached: 1552407288.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

>pretending
Nice cope you have there.

I can feel you, man.
Lost count of tries yesterday.

Just spam round trip

Attached: Dante comes to collect.jpg (627x1200, 490K)

Why can't Dante ride Cavalier like how V can ride Shadow?

Really nigga? Then how the fuck did you beat misson 20 on dmc3?

you gotta do it good

so....what was that?

Attached: 052704.png (1151x544, 319K)

Is loading this mission up on SoS or DMD the best way to start getting gud with royalguard?

There's only a few levels where that would even be viable without having to get off and do some platforming or getting stuck on the terrain.

Probably him doing mocap for the game.

because this game has shitty level designs.
the environments look cool and all but whoever designed the actual level structure should be fired.

SOS and above yes, he constantly uses his summoned swords there, i did it on SOS there but DH is ok if you just want to style on him

Royalguard is kind of a case to case thing to learn since its dependant on enemies timings
Royalguard will definately make vergil feel way less deadly on DMD even if you are shit at perfect blocking if you keep your DT reserved for it though

I actually agree
>start run animation
>steps
>run again
>MORE STEPS
>run once more
>GUESS WHAT
The city levels are okay tho

youtube.com/watch?v=JBA7Jtsl-58

>mfw going from D to SSS with perfect RG blocks

Attached: 1529340729953.jpg (479x428, 25K)

I have no clue how you're suppose to fight these things, but I just spammed Nero/Dante's charge and they got wrecked so idk man

Be fair, it's far more powerful now

Rawhide

NEVER-MIND I DID IT AND I GOT A A RANK
jump cancel with Beowulf kick thing
using trickster

Attached: 1513277885218.png (1085x1217, 1.66M)

>tfw couldnt even get to SSS until i reached dante

i got SS no problem but i felt like i was just killing everything too quickly so i could never reach SSS.
and i always forget to taunt so maybe thats why.

The only reason I beat vergil on DMD was free DT heals from all the perfect blocks
Doing the perfect royal releases where it connects with attacks didnt work well for me though, I usually just ended up trading damage

>cane parry
God even the thought has me hard

Once you get Nero's DT and max exceed it becomes easier plus there's more shit to kill on higher difficulties

How would you describe the way Vergil talks? He hates modern stuff like guns too.

He attacks so much that you really have to be patient and punish accordingly, the fight can take a long while like this. Unless you do SDT and spam R2 for massive damage

Attached: IMG_20190312_013632.jpg (1280x3414, 585K)

V E R Y autistic child

Yeah once he started adding multiple judgement cuts together I stopped blocking that and instead trickster the first three then stinger him during the fourth
Helm breakers rapid slash and phase 1 summoned swords and even the 9/11 dive attack is free DT though
I died mostly trying to deal with the clone and eating an offscreen judgement cut spam though

Swordmaster/DSD is your friend for that

Nothing is as autistic as the side smirk they make V do

>what if we made the final boss a turtle fest, in a game that's supposed to reward stylish offense?
>what if turned Nero into a handsome, classy chad with a temper into Donte 2.0?
>what if we turned Dante into a cunt for the entire game?
>what if Vergil is also a cunt and literally rips off the arm of his own fucking son just to get some power? And you want me to sympathize with this faggot by the end of the game?
>What if Lady and Trish were nonexistent in the game, with most of the screen time going to ((Her))?
>what if this Jewish cunt who inexplicably dressed like a trailer trash redneck is the most obnoxious character in the game, a game that's already full of assholes?
>What if we gave Nero his devil bringer back but still forced the player to use breakers in NG+?
>What if we ruined everyone's appearance with mocap?
>what if made the game have less content than DMC 2?
>what if we monetized orbs?
>what if we removed all unlockables and just forced the player the beat DMD mode if that actually want to get something?
>What if we hid two overpowered breakers and pretty much the entirety of the game's content behind a deluxe wall?
>What if we made the level design absolute gutter trash?
>what if 90% of the game is spent traipsing through the same plant corridor?
>what if we gave the player an opportunity to use some third wheel throwaway character like V, who no one in their right mind would prefer playing as compared to Nero/Dante?
>What if, "yeah....sorry"

Only thing that makes me madder than the game itself is the entirety of Yea Forums sucking this game's cock because It is Literally Copacetic when Nihon does it? Double=standard-pushing fucks, the lot of you.
>what

Attached: index.jpg (262x192, 9K)

tbf, to me it seems like the final boss was mission 19 vergil. mission 20 is meant to be easy; its practically a reward boss like mustang/armstrong were in the first fma game for the ps2

>two overpowered breakers
which ones

Autistic weeb who likes poetry.
Hate how fat his head looks too.

can you royal release his dive attack?

I don't know, I didn't buy the deluxe edition like all the other cucks. I just heard it contains two really good breakers.

>pretty much the entirety of the game's content behind a deluxe wall?
this is strange bait

Not an argument. No amount of handwaving will change pic related. Eat shit faggot

Attached: CapKikes.png (937x403, 150K)

the Gerbera one is decent, but that's really it, and it's just different Gerbera rather than a straight upgrade. The other ones are kind of worthless.

I love how much Urizen in the chair felt like a marvel vs capcom boss.

Define "content"

Im shit at timing royal release propely so I didnt try but probably
I managed to buster him out of it on neros fight

are you actually retarded

were you dropped as a child

Not sure you know the meaning of entirety user.

Yes, and it takes him off his DT

How do you do that? just grab right as he hits or is it a full charged buster arm?

MENTAL GYMNASTICS AND AD HOMINEM MENTAL GYMNASTICS AND AD HOMINEM MENTAL GYMNASTICS AND AD HOMINEM MENTAL GYMNASTICS AND AD HOMINEM MENTAL GYMNASTICS AND AD HOMINEM MENTAL GYMNASTICS AND AD HOMINEM

>what if turned Nero into a handsome, classy chad with a temper into Donte 2.0?
I sadly have to agree to this one, Nero became Donte

>what if we made the final boss a turtle fest, in a game that's supposed to reward stylish offense?
It's much more offense and trading blows than 3's "divekick multiple times while hoping he doesn't go desperation DT and heal 1/3 his entire health bar which you can't do shit about"

Nero's charge shot 3 sounds soo fucking good in this game.

LET ME BUY MAD QUALIA, MAT

Attached: 1552368866841.png (873x651, 1.04M)

so that's a yes on the brain damage, then

Attached: boi.png (396x540, 291K)

>logic and rhetorical questions are now mental gymnastics
do you even play videogames outside of fotm multiplayer trash?

Use Sin Devil Trigger

Pasta breaker sucks
Sweet surrender sucks
Gerbera GP01 is just alt gerbera
Mega buster is just a gun

not even remotely

loaded questions =/= rhetorical questions

>control didn't work
>royal guard wouldn't pop off at the right time because of shitty kbm
i just wanted to be good

Attached: 72efdbd1dc853af6485286233cadff675df2a8003b3a47f087d04d3df611da82.jpg (1200x1052, 157K)

You have to do it slightly pre emptively, no clue if the buster breaker works I just used the permament one you get when you unlock DT

BLOODY PALACE CO OP WHEN

Attached: bloody palace when.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

How is "define 'content' " a loaded question?

>using sin DT on a boss past DH
Its like youre asking to eat 2/3 of your hp bar while you are on the ground recovering after only doing 1% of the bosses health

>tfw retard and didnt realize dante's style moves had a separate button
>uses the same button on nero to destroy his devil breakers
>never pressed it on dante because i never use it on nero

needless to say, i had a rough time

Attached: 1536636056385.gif (268x185, 1.17M)

Fight them like a sin scissor, just wait around. When they disappear to make to attack you counterattack immediately.

Doppleganger makes plenty of sense for Vergil to be able to use. If I had my way, he'd have a proper Quicksilver, too, because he's super fun to play in 3 with that auxiliary style.

To the point, Yamato's entire shtick is that it fucks with 'space'. It separates dimensions, concepts, etc. There's also something to be said about how Nero's DT in 4 was a Stand that used Yamato, not entirely unfamiliar to what Vergil's doing in 5.

How much of that is Sparda bloodline power and how much is Yamato itself is hard to say though, considering all of Nero's kit.

You see he doesn't have a real answer therefore it's a loaded question

>Sweet surrender sucks
You can buy a bunch of them and fully recover your health with absolutely no consequences even on DMD. Not that you should ever need to but the fact that the option is there is enough.

Cry harder, Barry.

(YOU)

Attached: 1539731116061.gif (480x270, 528K)

How do I git gud at exceed, feels like shit when I can't get a single one on the combo I like but mashing LT on the me unga one works

>mission 18 on SoS
Jesus fucking christ this is so much harder than anything else so far

what a waste of quads

WHY CANT I BUY DMC3 SOUNDTRACK WITHOUT ALSO BUYING LE XDDD PASTA BREAKER

>>What if we gave Nero his devil bringer back but still forced the player to use breakers in NG+?
What's wrong with this? The Bringer acts the same as 4 with an additional knuckle mechanics, they are on 2 different buttons so they don't interfere with each other and 7/8 of the breakers have different moves from the Bringer
Am I "forced" to use guns because I have swords?

Nero has his own full heal taunt though

Use Dr Faust. Find a group of 5 weak enemies, Hat them all with Gunslinger's basic circle move and then do the timed hate return explosion move. Or just red hot night them.

His 9/11 is like his only attack I can't royal guard at all

You see I didn't consider that option because I couldn't conceive the thought of myself doing something that not fun

store.steampowered.com/app/941955/Devil_May_Cry_5__DMC3_Battle_Track_3Pack/?snr=1_16

>his own fucking son
He literally didn't know. He only finds out when Dante tells him in mission 19/20

Now this is a fair complaint

>yfw landing Red Hot Night on a boss
Why is it so fucking strong hot damn.

Attached: 1470968494186.png (500x375, 165K)

Attached: fucking_shadow.png (500x583, 348K)

jump and block for the extra iframes

>>What if we gave Nero his devil bringer back but still forced the player to use breakers in NG+?
>forced
no one is forcing you to use Breakers

Well, barring the fact that I basically HAVE to use breakers in post game, otherwise Nero will always have that dumb iron should pad and breaker hip pouch on him? It's dumb. I hate using consumables for combat in a DMC game. That shit is a cardinal sin. Should have just given him his entire demon arm back, that way he'd at least be aesthetically pleasing again. Toggle the option to use breakers on or off in the menu screen or something. Give the devil bringer a comprehensive breaker moveset for beating the game on HoH mode, I don't know. FUCKING ANYTHING would have been preferable to what we got

I have an EX Costum for everyone but V.
Does he get one or what gives?

you cant buy it separately from the deluxe edition upgrade

Attached: 1552433713595.png (607x360, 278K)

Then again almost entirely refuse to use healing items even in games that don't punish them so I guess there's a little tism going on

Really? First time I've heard of it. My point still stands though seeing as you can use sweet surrender whenever you want during a boss fight.

The Pasta breaker is a good weapon. Its ordinary B attack is better than Punchline's equivalent.

Didn't Dante ask him about the arm tearing thing, and Vergil replied "I do not care about my son", fucking two scenes prior to that one?

You press it right after the attack,not as it lands. Practice one combo and get it down perfectly. I saw some anons do the air taunt to max-act,but no idea how to pull it off

Then again almost entirely refuse to use healing items even in games that don't punish them so I guess there's a little autism going on

He does

fucking third world wifi making me double post

A theory for why the fights are so similar in structure. Itsuno partially designed the boss fight as a consultant working with ninja team. he felt they fucked it up & so he wanted to redo it but do it properly. perhaps it's not a nod or a reference, perhaps it was always his idea.
what do we think?

Yes which the only asspull excuse i can think of is he just tossed that out in the heat of combat as a comeback and didnt really think about it until catching his breathe

You can turn off the busters you don't want mang (I am glad someone told me, was tired of seeing them in the levels). If only I could remove Gerbera base so I only had the pretty one though

Attached: file.png (534x68, 12K)

i just dont want meme shit in the game bloating menus and ruining the atmosphere

You have to beat the credit fights. Both of them.

>tfw your son doesn't care about power

he says "Nero means nothing to me" THEN Dante tells him Nero is his son

I can dodge it easy, but I can't royal guard it which is what matters. Not getting hit is the easiest thing in the world. Looking good/doing damage is the hard part

Attached: Devil May Deny 2.png (1280x1280, 1.35M)

You mean like surfing a damn rocket fist?

But the reflect

Does Vergil have an alt costume? If so,how to get it?

theres a difference between over the top and a joke

After you beat the game

Far as I recall, the DLC for DmC was made his team, hence why it was actually not entirely shit beyond the retarded story.

The hell are you talking about, Sin DT stinger fucks up everything and stun locks most bosses for it's duration. It's casual sure, but it's nowhere near as bad as you seem to think.

im saying airblock it because the jump beforehand gives you a buffer window to get a more consistent block
Jump blocking also helps with rapid slash and judgement cut end

It's not infinite on SoS or DMD

Beat Heaven or Hell.

Wtf how do I do that?
Kill all the enemies during both fights?

thinking about moving shoot to L1 for nero and V. I like shoot being on a face button but it'd be easier for charging to keep it on the shoulder. That being said, my autism is currently preventing me from doing what needs to be done.

Guide to fighting Nobodys

First is understanding the masks
Gold Mask:
>Starting mask
>Nobody focuses Melee attacks
Blue Mask:
>Spams eyeballs
>Easiest to break
>Fuck this mask holy shit
Jewfro Tribal Mask
>Grapple focus
>Gross

Second is understanding how operate
>Will always start with Golden Mask
>Only has one of each mask
>Will attempt to change masks at 10% damage
>New mask seems random
>Will change to last mask at 60%
>At 66% they will start dancing to drain your DT
>Dance can be interrupted with any attack

Third is how to fuck them up
>Don't play V
>Wait until they jump away to change masks
>Jump in their face and attack them when their new mask is in their hand
>Both the old and new mask will fall off
>Nobody will take increased damage
>Mask must be attacked head on, won't count from sides
>Will attempt to put on last mask
>Fuck that shit
>Nobody takes nearly 2x damage and can no longer attack
>Fuck it's shit up

Attached: 1552366601437.jpg (1679x873, 128K)

No, Dante asks "how do you feel about tearing off your son's arm?"
So Vergil knew before that fucking scene.

Him going all "really.... that was a long time ago" was both hilarious and made me realise it was probably legitimately 30-ish years and he spent the last 30 years thinking his only living relative and person he knows is Dante. Dude probably didn't even KNOW who he meant by Nero because he spends the peroid between 3 and 1 in hell/enslaved by Mundus and then AFTER 1 he's barely alive. Dude doesn't even actually show up in the narrative of 4 if memory serves

Everytime I tried to use it on DMD they boss would get stunned halfwaythrough id do damage(1% was meant to be 15% but I guess my 5 didnt go through or whatever) but then while you are on the ground doing the ending animation they will stomp your shit in for 2/3 of your HP since practically every boss will 4 shot you on DMD

kill some arbitrary number of enemies as Nero, and kill more enemies than Vergil as Dante

How do I use sweet surrender

Do i also have to do beat more demons in the outro? I think i failed it on SOS

that's my art! glad to see you saved it, user!

pic related, another shitty DMC shitpost I drew years ago

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (892x771, 613K)

GP-01 is mechanically different? How, because I somehow didn't notice

breaker button till its glowing and pumping
then taunt for free hp

Royal guard is the hardest style but damn its OP

Attached: 3426.webm (700x396, 2.85M)

But what if you have to fight one as V?

I've learned to attack as they do to break their gaurd.

Bullshit, try parrying with gunslinger

GP-01 blasts you up if you Neutral-Breaker on the ground

ITT OP is retarded and fails to realize that DmC was trying to be a DMC game, so thats why it has DMC shit in it.

THE FIST OF ZEUS
>Punchline
Just objectively better in every way. Basic function is an improved Round Trip that knocks enemies away to give you space before stunlocking them while giving plenty of style, you can ride it for a stylish new moveset that enables some amazing combos, and its Break Age is Real Impact. This arm does it all. Also it looks great.

HIGH
>Gerbera
Trickster but better. What more needs to be said?
>Tomboy
Always-on Exceed level 4 with a wide variety of new moves, what's not to love? Takes a while to get used to not being able to lock on, but it enables some slick combos once you master it. Only downsides are its extreme fragility and the lackluster Break Age that, despite fixing said fragility for a time, still leaves the Breaker without a 'proper' Break Age.
>Rawhide
Massive style building, AoE stunlocks and an improved Grim Grip make this a reliable choice. The four different combos it has on offer (ground, delay ground, air, delay air) mean that having this equipped will make keeping a high style rank really easy, which is handy for S rank runs.

MID
>Buster Arm
It may be kinda obsolete later on, but its Break Age still does the most damage of anything Nero has, and before then it's just damn fun to use. While it does lose a lot of its appeal when you can do Busters on your own at any time, that Break Age is enough to keep it out of low tier.

LOW
>Ragtime
Really awkward to use and the effect just doesn't last that long. ZA WARUDO is free damage, sure, but if you're good enough to outdo Buster Arm's Break Age you're probably already using something better. In general, it just lacks the impact of the better Breakers.
>Helter Skelter
It's good against a handful of enemies and basically useless against anything else with a ridiculously long attack animation and awkward Break Age. And really, the enemies it does work on can be handled just as well by just using Red Queen properly.

SHIT
>Overture
zzzzzzz
>DLC Breakers
All shit.

Attached: 1552221062856.webm (480x270, 2.31M)

>all that complexity for a single enemy

Attached: 1539352803870.jpg (800x533, 100K)

It gives a small regen on combat if you leave it active

How powerful is Dante compared to Sparda and Vergil at the end of DMC5? Is Nero stronger?

It doesn't matter since everything dies in one shot on HoH, you're guaranteed to pass both without even trying.

how do you S rank vergil as nero on SoS?
dante I get, but as nero he barely give sme space for combos

because it's a cashgrab with no talent put into
but dmcfags are DESPERATE for anything so they eat it up

Will you show me?

So is HoH actually easy? Just shoot everything

Neutral Breaker button does different stuff. Regular repels shit, acting as a guard and a knockback. GP-01 launches you straight up or down depending on whether you're in midair or not.

These are easily the most simple enemies to parry in the entire game. If you're crying about these guys ruining your combo you need to git gud.

That's the issue, fucking them up like this requires you be able to be in their face for the mask change. Cutting down the masks makes it pitifully easy to kill. With V, you have to trust an AI to not be retarded and it's up to luck unless you're good with timing something like getting it to 10% with Griffin and having a hedgehog ready with panther but even that's no guarantee.

How old is Nero though? Seems like he's still around his 20s, not quite in his 30s yet.

also down if in the air
It's basically up/down trick

Pasta breaker is good.

>this game is fucking easy.
>plays easy mode.

Attached: image.png (560x560, 443K)

Keep telling yourself that.

I'm resting my fingers right now, progressing on DMD is killing my hand. I might make some webms in the following threads. My point was RG is super fun to perfect parry but i feel like its the safe way to play

>Artemis on Vergil 3
For what purpose

it's easy until you let yourself relax and get bodied by an Empusa because you weren't paying attenting

We need a pic of Nero holding Shadow and feeding him spaghetti with the pasta breaker.

wanted to practice some moves in The Void but it says it will delete all mission save state data if I enter it

I'm halfway through Son of Sparda right now, do they mean the current mission I'm on or my whole playthrough will be gone?

how hard is DMD compared to SoS?

Lemme make it simple
>Hit the thing
>Wait till it retreats and grabs new mask
>Hit it in the face before it puts it on
>Do it with the next mask
>Rip it a new asshole

Attached: 1549647954266.png (171x200, 49K)

I like ragtime to STOP spinny lizards, and overture is pretty cool with its attack changing dynamically based on angle imo. Good list otherwise.

The current mission

That just means you lose your progress in the level you're currently in.

If you're replaying levels you shouldn't need it, since you can just plan out what you'll need from the start of the mission. You've got eight slots to work with after all, more than enough to last you a full mission.

Gerbera 01 is the true top tier breaker. Better than the original gerbera and also better than Punchline.

Ragtime is handy for huge groups of the shield knights, especially if you want to faust them or they have a Nelo.

>its the safe way to play
What? You fuck up and you die. Trickster is the safe way

Any lock on moves are the easiest to max act with.

Can you reduce particle effects on PC? Shit's almost makes me fucking blind.

Attached: 45636777.png (1920x1080, 2.47M)

God damn Hell or hell is gonna be straight up masochistic

Dante is likely stronger than his pops, his bro, and Nero. Nero however was rested up enough, and did pretty much suckerpunch Dante with that slap. Nero's certainly close to the two, but I imagine he mostly won because those two had just gone at it full stop before he swooped in.

How do you like Nero's DT Yea Forums? I've been avoiding the board to avoid spoilers and I missed your opinions.

Not really if you have DT bars, Trickster doesn't give you massive damage to counter it.

I think postgame Nero is going to give me RSI

>Co-op mission 13 with friend
>Missions over in like 30 seconds
Neither of us bought this game expecting co-op, but damn now Bloody Palace can't come soon enough. It'll be a serious disappointment if it's not something that can be co-op'ed from floor 1 to 100.

Table hopper, exceed, and parry are al 5 frame windows now.

Buster Arm is never obsolete. The Breakage does ten times more damage than any other possible buster.

If it isn't then surely they could patch that in with enough demand.
The system's already there

Aside from the longer hair, I think that cutscene and the Mission 20 DT was absolutely amazing. It's great how they gave him an actual DT as well as the spectral arms which were my favorite part of his DT in 4

thanks

oh

>but its Break Age still does the most damage of anything Nero has
>that Break Age is enough to keep it out of low tier.
reading comprehension nigga

If you manage to break all 3 masks the Nobody will no longer attack and back away.

Just watched about 20 seconds of both videos and DmC doesn't really seem to be faster, it just has shaky cam effects to make it seem intense/faster. If you count actions/attacks DMC5 is actually quicker.

I just read obsolete and got devil triggered.

>Griffon pulls off the snarky, perpetually quipping asshole with a heart of gold shtick so flawlessly the idea that it could ever be done wrong doesn't even cross your mind from the moment he pops up all the way to the godly pre-fight shit-talking on M18
>start to like Shadow and Nightmare by proxy
>All three of them get killed and I'm actually sad from a video game for the first time in forever

FUCK NOT LIKE THIS

Attached: 1497392315276.png (1920x933, 1.24M)

That is what I said, yes. It's just piss easy to do if you get it while it's changing and takes 3x damage, not 2x.

YOU'VE GOT NOTHING AND NOTHINGS GOT YOU

>Trish, Lady, Nico, Patty and Kyrie
>Devil May Cry's business is now basically controlled by women

Will the twins come back to stop that ship from crashing?

Attached: 1539493880212.jpg (960x640, 105K)

I dig it, very reminiscent of the Oni form in Onimusha. Kind of makes me hopeful that it's a sign that Capcom might be returning to that series in some capacity since all they've been doing for the last 15 or so years is just fucking mobile shit with the IP.

Attached: oniSamanosuke.jpg (828x462, 73K)

>>Overture
>zzzzzzz
>Not combining Overture's bomb with Punchline's Real impact for a fucking nuke

>schlorp

Attached: 1552279646124.png (401x606, 291K)

I CAN SEE YOUR FEAR CUZ IT SURROUNDS YOU

>implying Dante was running DMC at all well
>implying Vergil wouldn't be even worse at running a business

Same. Shadow is as concerned about V as Griffon ("be careful" etc.) and Nightmare is kind of lovable when you stop to look at its goofy movement and flailing around.

>Griffon pulls off the snarky, perpetually quipping asshole with a heart of gold shtick so flawlessly the idea that it could ever be done wrong doesn't even cross your mind from the moment he pops up all the way to the godly pre-fight shit-talking on M18
It helps that his partner is a smug poetry quoting goth

The funny thing is after all this time, is that the DmC characters look more anime styled than the DMC5 characters

>Forgetting about the mini-nightmare taunt where V talks to it like a pet

>Nico's Van cutscene with V 1 has Shadow sleeping on top of the phone booth
>Nico's Van cutscene with V 2 has Griffon stealing V's cane
I wonder if they would have made Phantom talk or not.

Attached: 1552323046772.png (2155x3073, 2.66M)

It's been 25-26 years, seeing as Nero is 25.

>Dante has better teleports AND summon swords now
>New backstory that he bullied his poetry reading homo of an older brother all day long

who the fuck is excited for DLC of this clown?

Yeah I’m gonna miss those guys, and V.
I could play an entire game of just Griffon talking to while V joins in the banter with his couple of boss fights.
Not like Shadow or Nightmare talk but I liked the whole group of them.
Feels bad losing all four of them.

how does he full charge that L2 so fast ?
you have to press it 6 times normally

Can someone explain what parrying is? Is it just sword clashes?

Attached: 1415843681023.gif (128x192, 6K)

Here's a question. Why do Dante and Vergil have different mocap actors when they are twins?

I really want to try stuff on Son of Sparda/DMD, but boy did that ending feel kino.
>Dante vs Vergil fight
>hitting SDT when Vergil hits his
>Literally everything in the Nero fight
>"DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT--" "JACKPOT!"
>The bullets Dante shoots shatter the screen for the pre-ranking screen EXACTLY where he shot

Press it when the sword hit enemies. It instantly rev 1 to 3 levels if timed right

So I'm guessing you never played 3 and 4?

Vergil doesn't have indulgence problems like sundaes, pizza, and booze. He'd certainly not blow his cash on needless things. Plus, he doesn't mess around with his enemies, just nothing personnels them and moves on, so he would likely handle jobs more quickly and less messily than Dante ever has.

Yea no.

Max Act son
Vergil actually slashes at Dante before he says Jackpot too. He meant it.

>people still mad about DmC after almost 6 years
youtube.com/watch?v=7x5FGaI1fVc

Attached: 1518999390547.jpg (235x250, 10K)

>He'd certainly not blow his cash on needless things
>implying he wouldn't blow everything on rare books and katanas

Attached: tumblr_oxe7jmR7Q51rgkoj2o1_500.jpg (500x748, 59K)

I don't understand. Was there intended to be some greater meaning to the pets fighting Dante? The way he talks pre-fight and Griffon's death speech makes me think so but I don't get the point

>"Augh, so high maintenance"

Attached: laughing griffon.gif (309x374, 1.11M)

You gotta admit its pretty bad. Its the DBGT of DMC

Okay Yea Forums what the FUCK does breaking the blood clots in Mission 18 do?

Did Wild Stomp and Free Ride get taken out?

Attached: a867368f708f5c3c7f0ef41e4783337b48b1e6d022a24090b81072ef9f3ff8b5.jpg (811x525, 80K)

Weird how they kept emphasizing the older brother thing when it was probably just a few minutes and doesn't really make any difference since they're twins.

They're manifestations of Vergil's trauma from his time as Mundus' puppet, which is why they're based off DMC1 enemies. With their death he's free of that stain on his life.

the summons wanted to die to free Vergil from his Nelo Angelo nightmares

Nero's mom was just a fling, the Yamato is Vergil's real wife, he's not about to betray it for some dinky human swords. And he can probably find tons of books for cheap during his missions.

it's a Japan thing

The wHat?

The summons are not actually the same demons from 1. They're phantasms created from Vergil's trauma when he was Nelo Angelo.
Despite that, the prequel manga with V shows that he went around "recruiting" same demons and making contracts with them. In any case, they fought Dante willingly even though they had every chance to just fuck off now that they weren't bound to V anymore. They decided to fight Dante and die to give Vergil's horrors to finally end.

Attached: 1552322975782.png (2156x3073, 1.64M)

>It's the mentally ill fujo again
V is dead, sweaty. Let it go.

Attached: 1552246486637m.jpg (1024x604, 89K)

nope

It destroys the healing pools in the trio fight I think. Sometimes Nightmare will bathe at those and restore like 1/4 of its health uninterruptably.

Yes, its knocking away an enemy's attack at the same time with a careful swing. From there, you reposte with your own sword again or whatever attack you want.

user wanted this edit, don't know where else to put it

Attached: Shadow.png (501x503, 168K)

How do you wak on PC?

Nice.

Attached: 1552362729361.jpg (526x1024, 51K)

>that Vergil doppelganger from DmC in the last phase

Attached: 1495594202.gif (444x272, 1005K)

>His humanity is out there running around
That has to be one the of the strangest things to happen to someone

>Introduce V and pretty much make him the most likable character
>the fucking moment he "dies" he drops all semblance of identity and just silently has le evil vergil smile
>outright murder the pets for no reason so not even Vergil will incorporate them in the future
>To add insult to injury he doesn't even get a credit-sequence fight segment
Why even make the character if you're not gonna do shit with him?

Attached: He's In.png (700x393, 309K)

Okay, I knew it had to be SOMETHING with the battlefield. There are only 3 of them, right?

BANANA BREAKER WORLDWIDE WHEN

Holy fuck.

sorry dead weight but I'm actually a dantechad

>when Nightmare sacrifices his own life to heal Griffon and Shadow in the final fight
Fuck it hurts

Itsuno was very concerned that his inclusion might not go well with the fans, he didn't expect so much love for him.

Attached: 1549769151634.webm (900x506, 376K)

testing the receptivity of this kind of character on the player demographic
after DmC was so disliked it makes sense.
there is room for improvement in the gameplay and design department so i expect another character with this kind fo style to return in dmc 6 or even in dlc

No joke, just by default by last gen limitations.

Attached: V.jpg (960x1281, 114K)

As a combo game its equal to 3 at best. 4 and 5 beat it though in overal complexity because in DmC they revamped it to feel smoother. color coded enemies are still shit though

Yea, no.

>they seem to be atoning for something

Attached: bad.jpg (419x387, 24K)

>came from nelo angelos memories
>pretty much confirms that Vergil enjoys being bullied

Could have been worse. At least it seems like his sacrifice returning to Vergil's being is something that'll stick and not get undone by cutesy crap like nearly everyone who was "Gone" in Kingdom Hearts 3.

The idea that they did it to end Vergil's nightmares works obviously enough but I like the idea that they know they're at the end of their run and wanted to go out in a blaze of glory factoring into their kamikaze run. V is dead and they're free to go, they've got nothing else left to do but group up one last time. Sure, the fact that it's Dante gives some shallow motivation for them wanting to kill him, but the specifics don't matter that much; they just chose a good hill to die on.

Attached: 1546215752874.jpg (1716x2048, 175K)

Sure you are, Vfujo, sure you are.

>SHIT
>>Overture
>zzzzzzz

Really dude? You're gonna hate on the OG Devil Breaker?

The one that just feels.... "right" without needless gimmicks. I never start Nero without giving him Overture first and foremost. Powerful af, keeps the style rank high and meshes well with the Devil Bringer. Top-tier design and overall look too. Break Age is excellent too if you use it at the right time.

Why did this guy not haunt Vergil's nightmares?

Was it because he's that much of a chump?

Attached: Phantom.jpg (500x356, 45K)

Why the fuck wont they hire NT's level designers. Seriously DmC has the best in series but it just stuck in shitty writing and everything else. Just see Enslaved.

I always bring gerbera for kamehameha

Attached: 20190312232425_1.jpg (1920x1080, 547K)

Forgot a few things but my version too

Attached: vatto catto.jpg (500x500, 141K)

i think they were afraid people would be pussies about big spiders

it would have been significantly better, but there probably wouldve been too many pussies too scared to handle a spider on the screen. Same exact fucking thing with RE2.

Attached: 8D7D4843-2296-47F0-B837-B7248AB58A33.jpg (492x381, 24K)

You had enough of your buttons being taken up by 3 summons.

>wide platform
>fight enemies with slow, stale ass combat
>finish fighting
>jump between small platforms on the way to big platform, use stupid fucking demon pull and push on every fucking in-between section to pretend there's some depth to doing this
>get to next big platform
>fight
>repeat until the stage is done

Best in the series my fucking ass

I'm pretty sure he meant NT's art team, not designers. Spending half the game in the tree gets super dull super fast.

youtube.com/watch?v=pFLUE2kdemE

Gerbera is shit though. Lame trickster

>You ripped off your own sons arm for this?
>My son...means NOTHING to me!
>...
>Nero is my son?

Oddly realistic and well written dialogue desu

>We want Nero to take over as the mascot, Dante's story is over and he's too powerful story-wise
>Oh btw Nero gets the most overpowered Devil Trigger in the entire series and basically becomes Cell Saga Gohan
So why is this boring DmC reject the new mascot again?

Attached: Bubble Bass1.jpg (640x486, 69K)

I think the last statement was just making sure he had that right. Like he sort of wanted to know but on second thought said it was irrelevant.

>havent played much DMC since 3 in 2005
>just played some DmC years ago
>love it
>have to get used to old dante again
>die alot
>just booted DmC
>same happens

Attached: 144775646445.jpg (161x250, 6K)

>huh, that was a long time ago
vergil confirmed gangsta

>they bring him back in DMC6 with replicas and friendship

Attached: 1552369706610.png (940x620, 426K)

SSSHAKESPEAREAN is a joke

So what happened with V's cane? Last we saw it was still.. floating around or something? I mean it seemed like it had power of some kind so could they revisit it? They also gave Nero V's book.

is anyone else really protective of their breakers?
I'd like to use different ones on missions but I feel bad destroying them

i dont think he knew that nero was his son at the time, he was literally dying. i think he was simply following the yamatos power

If you want an attack with a huge hitbox, Rawhide is better. If you want a delayed explosion, charge shot level 3 is always available no matter what Breaker you use. If you just want a strong attack that sends enemies flying, Punchline is better. There is nothing Overture does with it's one boring-ass move that the top tier Breakers don't do better.

I mean, at least nero didn't let his dad die

What's the name of the violin music that plays before you DT in Mission 20? I need it for something.

>DmC reject
Nero was created before DmC even existed, you braindead retard.

>My son...means NOTHING to me!
...does Nero have a brother?

You can parry enemies with Overture too. Even the boss Goliath.

I use breakage when I want to finish a match in style, or to just get rid of a pesky demon.
I feel like I keep them around TOO long.

Is this the manga? Has the full thing been uploaded?

DMCV completely re-invented Nero you fucking brainlet

>Oh btw Nero gets the most overpowered Devil Trigger in the entire series and basically becomes Cell Saga Gohan
But Nero has neither Sin DT or Majin Dante.

>tfw I like both DMC's since i got the demo for DMC1 in my RE: Code Veronica and also like the reboot.
Why cant you people just enjoy thing for what they are? Is it autism?

Attached: 85.jpg (775x1022, 200K)

V was an edgy emo twink who fucking reads poetry in battle and doesn't do anything in fighting besides finishers. He tapdances, plays a fucking air-violin, and acts like a parody of the goth kids from South Park. He does very little to help besides exist and bring Dante to the party twice. He looks like a coke-head Adam Driver for fucks sake.

If Itsuno can make me love this guy to death, love playing as him, and make me sad when he goes, it just proves that no matter WHAT a character is designed as, it can be well received if it's a well written and developed character. I love V and I want more of him.

Attached: 1552359441824.jpg (631x658, 39K)

They are a cakewalk with royal revenge and nero just needs a rawhide

Is the V manga not it yet?

Shake it off. You'll have more of them than you know what to do with soon enough.

>He still hasn't beaten the prologue Urizen

Attached: 1545350700370.png (1024x676, 376K)

I think they were afraid people wouldn't like him. Hopefully now they bring him back and expand upon his gameplay.

Attached: 1552243241987.png (1163x716, 578K)

It gave him a haircut and a robot arm. His personality is identical, just with 95% less KYRIEEEEE.

It's actually part of the same song before Silver Bullet remix of Devil Trigger kicks in
user only uploaded chapter 1 for us in a thread this afternoon

Attached: 1552322910015.png (2159x3072, 1.99M)

Not really. Unless you're one of those morons who thinks short hair = Donte

>spent 3 hours getting fucked up before winning

I regret nothing

Attached: 1544646446101.jpg (369x434, 31K)

This is your legacy.

punchlines real impact is wack as fuck against enemies that don't get launched and a bunch of the hits can whiff. also if you get hit at ALL while its out for 1000 years on screen then you lose it

its really good 1v1, but 1v1 against pretty much any enemy in this game is a joke so that doesn't mean anything

>do one of the boss finishers as V
>as he fades his hair length fades into 3 Vergil style

Attached: 11B98060-D26B-4159-8461-809B3B4BAAD3.jpg (540x960, 71K)

Is it just me or did they make Nero's exceed a lot easier but max act a lot harder. Back in DMC4 I had a tough time doing an exceed, but half the time I could max act it. Now I can do an exceed on almost every attack but max act is nearly impossible to do on command for me and the only times I've gotten it were by accident. Also how do I git gud with Cavalier. It feels like ass to use because it's too slow, especially when compared to Balrog.

>tfw I like both DMC's since i got the demo for DMC1 in my RE: Code Veronica and also like the reboot.
Oh shit I totally forgot about that.
Made me even have to pull out my copy and double check.

Attached: 1514595840200.jpg (500x626, 100K)

They will combine book and cane and V will reappear!

Attached: D1Zp8mhWwAAJSez.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 73K)

Yea Forums's hatred for DmC is something I'll never understand.

>Nero powerful
>Hasn't beat either at full strength
>Couldn't even take the brothers' boomer removal

Next you're gonna tell me Arkham is OP

inb4 it turns out to belong to Patty or something.

I'm not going to stand around and let someone tell me DmC's laughable plot is something that it should be praised for, much less be superior to 5's.

Attached: 58B69A20-7E24-49D3-9BC6-357C1A44F59F.jpg (1536x2182, 1.13M)

>user only uploaded chapter 1 for us in a thread this afternoon
Thread link? I only have this one from yesterday or so

Attached: 1552294820676m.jpg (785x1024, 148K)

>horrible characters
>laughable social commentary
>moronic plot with no emotional beats or stakes
>buildup for final boss is a fucking joke
>bland enemies
>bland weapons
>bland combat with shitty effects, retard screeches on every hit and a poor feeling of impact
>level layouts are a fucking slog to get through
>dialogue is dogshit
>bosses suck
>journalists suck it off to no end

Yeah it's really fucking baffling
>cringe aesthetic
>only good quality is nice level design

Attached: 1550375089406.gif (316x297, 2.81M)

donte

Ah wait, it was from yesterday's thread. Here you go

Attached: 1552245127416.jpg (1920x1080, 478K)

>Playing through Dante Must Die
>Nero mission
>"I'm getting fucked up time to pop Devil Trigger"
>Barely heal
>Maximum Bet is slow and for some reason does shit damage
>Forward Y+B move is slow and melee range only
What am I missing? Feels like I only pop it to heal about two bars worth of health and use the super version of grabs which look cooler but aren't all that damaging.

Maybe I'm just too "Grug Smash" to handle Nero. I barely make use of my exceeds and I can only use the extra punches on combo enders.

It's a work of art.

Even Dante was genuinely upset.

Attached: FEATURING THE PARFAIT FROM DEVIL MAY CRY.png (851x768, 771K)

It's all opinion. They don't match with mine. Thus, I won't understand them.

I have no idea what they were thinking with some of Donte's battle cries.

Feels good bitches getting BTFO

youtu.be/7XuZNnAGv44?t=831

>DMC3 Vergil's intro is in a library
>Always in bookstores as a kid
>V is a nerd
Holy shit Vergil is truly a meganerd.

I kinda burned myself out playing DH and SOS and then going back and quickly blitzing through Human. What exactly are the rewards for the other difficulties this time?

Virtually nothing I said was subjective to any degree you fucking bonobo ape

Attached: 1537324256603.png (443x437, 218K)

The best part of this post is, all of those points apply to Rising. Pure poetry, well done.

Punchline is the best breaker in the game. I just completely destroyed Malphas by uppercutting her off the ground mid combo while she was doing her revive AOE bullshit and it felt so satisfying. Then I followed it up with a breakage buster throw and tomboy UNGA BUNGA combo to finish it. Got an SSS ranking and a boner at the same time.

God, you fujos are such annoyingly insufferable faggots. You spout the same shit every thread.

Attached: 1550468102915.jpg (618x597, 144K)

Oh nice its on MangaDex
Thanks user

Attached: v.jpg (649x865, 115K)

Do the developers at Capcom browse Yea Forums? How come they know about the sad Dante meme?

Attached: sundae.jpg (457x396, 18K)

i need to fap now

The way Donte screams on Mundus's fight and during battle still baffles me. It doesn't even sound like battle cry it sounded like when a teenager grunts at his mom after being grounded

recengeance is self aware, DmC is not

your next line will be, “oh so its shit on purpose?”

>not exceeding all your moves
>not double exceeding with bringer knuckle
>not constantly using charge shot
>using buster as anything other than a finisher
Damn son, you're completely ignoring the character's gimmick.

Literally - literally - all of your points were subjective.

Attached: 20190312_234153.jpg (1440x1024, 276K)

the fact that he remembered the specific encounter makes me think he had sex literally once and was surprised it produced a child

>it's ok when Japan does it
Noted.

The final battle staredown between Donte and Vergin starting off with such a laughable wail didn't sit right with me either.

no he doesn't

Put slash on square, exceed on triangle, and gun on one of the triggers. Learn to tap square and triangle in a rhythm with every attack, this will give you easy exceed. Hold down the gun button at all times and only let go when you're not attacking, this will give you charge shot 3 which is fucking godly in this game.

the West didnt do it at all, so I mean, yeah!

>implying Sam and Armstrong at least aren't good characters
>implying the memes talk doesn't hold up under scrutiny
>implying the plot isn't inoffensive with some genuinely good moments like Raiden meeting up with Sam and Blade Wolf passing the Murumasa to Raiden
>implying the sword wasn't enough fun to excuse the other shitty sub-weapons
>implying the combat wasn't fun
>implying getting through the levels wasn't easy peasy
>implying the dialogue was bad just because it could be goofy
>implying the bosses sucked
>implying MGR gets even half as much love from the press as DmC
>implying that the aesthetic is bad

JUST

Attached: 1545125276891.jpg (1183x750, 68K)

I think they simply chose the big guy with the big punches as the option with the widest array of possible actions. It's not even Nightmare as we know it, they picked a form that fit the giant summon role.

Hot damn, you're a moron. Follow the string of dialog and come back to what you just posted.

Everything was factually fucking trash in DmC besides the level design, the fact that you were braindead enough to enjoy it doesn't deter that.

Yeah I was kinda bummed we didn't get the giant amorphous gun blob.

Attached: 2dd.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Why does it have to be because of the meme? They probably scoured through the anime for continuity stuff and settled on Dante's liking of sundaes as one of the many throwbacks.

I think the reason why Nero cant cycle through these gloves is because of how exhausting it would be to switch between Dante Nero and V their movesets would just intertwine themselves in your brain and you'd end up using Dantes moveset mid combo for Nero and fuck it up.

>exceed on a face button
you people are insane

Yea no.

um actually youre a fucking idiot lmao? go read my post and then come back kiddo...

Any drawfags still around? Can any of them try Dante, V, and Nero all doing the Smooth Criminal lean?
>Dante is the only one who does it naturally
>V has Griffon pulling on his collar
>Nero is Wire-Snatching something off screen

Attached: smooth.jpg (1000x563, 122K)

>>implying Sam and Armstrong at least aren't good characters
They're not
>>implying the memes talk doesn't hold up under scrutiny
It doesn't
>>implying the plot isn't inoffensive with some genuinely good moments like Raiden meeting up with Sam and Blade Wolf passing the Murumasa to Raiden
It's not. It's worse than the hackjob that is Metal Gear Acid's plot.
>>implying the sword wasn't enough fun to excuse the other shitty sub-weapons
So you admit a fault. Shock!
>>implying the combat wasn't fun
Not bad, but very, very shallow. Like DmC
>>implying getting through the levels wasn't easy peasy
This isn't a good thing
>>implying the dialogue was bad just because it could be goofy
Your brain appears to be deteriorating
>>implying the bosses sucked
Minstral and Monsoon had good bosses. That's it.
>>implying MGR gets even half as much love from the press as DmC
It gets more
>>implying that the aesthetic is bad
Are you kidding? I'm focusing on this. The level design is abysmal - literally MGS2 has better building textures, and more color. The only interesting location in Rising was the sakura garden ripped straight from Ninja Gaiden 2 (a better game)
>JUST
You sure did.

I haven't played the game yet but from what I understand is that V is supposed to be Vergil is human side. Am I correct?

>DMC5 heavily inspired by DmC, Dante’s only alt costume so far is DmC Dante’s color scheme and hair, Nero is like a carbon copy of DmC Dante now, including the swearing, Vergil in 4 already borrowed the teleporting to summoned sword concept of DmC and some of his new attacks, now in DMC5 Vergil uses the doppleganger like DmC’s Vergil
>journalists fondly talk about it in DMC5 reviews
>The curahyzee audience can’t stop getting mad at it, despite having DMC5 in their hands, which in concept would mean they’d finally get over DmC
>Tameem’s new game was a hit and now they have unlimited Microsoft funding for their next projects
>Itsuno says he and half of his team wanted to make DmC2
>DMC5 gives style ranks and gold orbs like nothing, by far the easiest mainline game in first playthrough

Y-Yeah, us original fans s-s-sure won...

What else are you going to use the spare face button for? Devil Trigger? Honestly I was surprised myself at how well it works, but it really does. Being able to use one finger to handle everything to do with Red Queen is a lot easier than trying to get your index finger to match the timing of your thumb.

>Devil May Cry 6
>Vergil slips getting out of the shower
>falls on Yamato
>V is back!
>and now his demon self is just regular Vergil

Should've been its own game. Damn shame. Acting was pretty good for that bit, too.

>replying to some faggy tripfag

Yeah

>say DmC is shit because of lame reasons
>reply says those reasons apply to MGR
>you say it's ok if it's shit because it's Japanese
>get called out on this
>proceed to say DmC isn't shit
Ok then

Close.
Hes Vergil's nerd side

(You)

>looking at names
Sad!

There's straight up a secret mission that teaches you, or rather expects you to know how to deal with them.

Mission 7 I think, defeat the enemy with one bullet.

Parry or break the scissors then shoot them in the face when they get angry.

>Completely remap the controls to play one character effectively
I'd try it if I could map them only to Nero. Having to basically hit attack, then exceed, then devil bringer in frame perfect succession while also holding down a separate attack button is too much for me. There's high skill ceiling and then there's just "Come on, son".

so when you jumps cancel exceed you press 3 face buttons? that sounds needlessly exhausting. you literally wouldnt be able to play fast enough to do certain things

Hi, Tameme.

So are the differences between Sparda and Rebellion just damage?

>bothered to write all this out when pretty much all of the (responses) are just "no lol"
>only actual point you focused on was calling the level design abysmal when it was one of the safest and most harmless games ever in terms of this

Yikes!

Newfag are you ok?
Are you ok?
Are you ok newfag?

If you arent using DSD then do prop shredder

If you are using DSD then bring cerberus and do ice age

Or jusr Royal Guard

>you say it's ok if it's shit because it's Japanese
lmfao who are you quoting. post the reply

I can't get the max-act timing down any more, i don't know if it's just me getting old as It's been nearly a decade since I've played 4 or if the window has changed.

>>DMC5 heavily inspired by DmC, Dante’s only alt costume so far is DmC Dante’s color scheme and hair, Nero is like a carbon copy of DmC Dante now, including the swearing, Vergil in 4 already borrowed the teleporting to summoned sword concept of DmC and some of his new attacks, now in DMC5 Vergil uses the doppleganger like DmC’s Vergil
superficial cosmetic crap
>journalists fondly talk about it in DMC5 reviews
LOOK AT THESE PEOPLE LIKING WHAT YOU DONT LIKE AND GET MAD
>The curahyzee audience can’t stop getting mad at it, despite having DMC5 in their hands, which in concept would mean they’d finally get over DmC
straw man it up bro
>Tameem’s new game was a hit and now they have unlimited Microsoft funding for their next projects
good for him.
>Itsuno says he and half of his team wanted to make DmC2
and im sure they would have done a fantastic job of it
>DMC5 gives style ranks and gold orbs like nothing, by far the easiest mainline game in first playthrough
literaly who gives a fuck about gold orbs, style has always been easy to cheese, its about par for the course on dmc4

?

Sparda has a bigger range.

He's Vergil's based side

The original reply was
>[aspect] is shit
>[aspect] is shit
>[aspect] is shit
Repeat ad nauseam

Use Trickster and fight them like its Dragon Ball Z

>Having to basically hit attack, then exceed, then devil bringer in frame perfect succession
I hope you typed that wrong because if thats how youre doing it you are fucking it up

Youre supposed to do Bringer in the middle user, not the end.
It goes Attack>Bringer>Exceed

fucking hell I like Rebellion more than DSD but DSD is the objectively better weapon.

I have no clue what to use

Yeah but nero doesn't have that. Granted you could argue that table hopper is a thing but still.

If the summons are the manifestation of Vergil's memories as Nelo, does that mean that Griffon was actually a wise cracking asshole most of the time, and just put on the noble warrior persona when he was fighting Dante?

Attached: Griffon.jpg (500x301, 36K)

>I'd try it if I could map them only to Nero.
You can, though.

You just slide your finger up from X to triangle, nothing big.

DT invincibility, son.

Probably mixed the memories up with Dante shit talking Griffin.

triple jump man,or just dodge at the right moment

They must be super retarded, since I have NEVER played DMC1 and still figured out their crit hit. It's one of the most intuitive things in the game and they even brought back the secret mission from 1 to fucking teach you about the crit hit too.

its later. like at the very end of the animation

454299304 (You)
>hurr, you must be a newfag
Stay wrong, kiddo.

So like Nietzche, except instead of syphilis it made Nero