Nero has a sword and simple combos for an overall fun character with the added robot arm which allows for some tricks

>nero has a sword and simple combos for an overall fun character with the added robot arm which allows for some tricks
>V offers a new form of combat and is pretty fun to fight with all around
>DANTE HAS 2 DEVIL TRIGGER GAUGE+5 WEAPONS+4 STYLES FOR EACH WEAPON MAKING HIM A CLUNKY PIECE OF SHIT
What did capcom mean by this?

Attached: devil.jpg (2000x1125, 519K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gVwxNrnl2dA
youtube.com/watch?v=hgy67ZBxdXI
youtube.com/watch?v=cZUktzIoQns
youtube.com/watch?v=JrD8cLVHgWc
vocaroo.com/i/s1uK9SYAtI67
vocaroo.com/i/s0O51eADLrRZ
vocaroo.com/i/s1CevuETd5OC
vocaroo.com/i/s1Zzux7DMbSV
youtube.com/watch?v=kQP6TU1cImY
youtube.com/watch?v=kqj5hHCiFTc
mega.nz/#F!zNFFCaja!KIUckpDGSnCP0voftKYM2g
youtu.be/WPQc0klvriM?t=323
youtube.com/watch?v=oEOpf1jDumc
pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag_full&word=ネロキリ
youtu.be/RNMkF3w6qWQ?t=311
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>clunky
lmao get good you fucking scrub
*SSS's you and rides away on motorsword

Dante still has a shitton of moves even if you just stick to 1 style like in DMC3.

You can give Dante loadouts like in 3, what's your problem.

Dante is casual filter. Nero was made for scubs like you.

It means it's the main character of the franchise, so it's the best.

Scrub.

>pull my devil trigger
>Nero doesn't have one

Literally just de-equip most his weapons and stick to trickster then you casual.

You don't have to use SDT. It requires you to actively put DT in it. You can play Dante like DMC3 and just use one style since the styles are stronger than they were in 4.

>The Zoomer chef's special combo
>The Boomer build-your-own combo
The only thing I'm not liking about Dante is his new sword. I had just gotten used to swapping into swordmaster and back to keep up the damage, I kind of hate these spirit swords. Please tell me I can go back to Rebellion/Sparda one day

>he doesn't know

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Beat the game first then tell me that.

Beat the game you ugly fucking casual complainer.

I am not OP but Dante for me is the easiest to play and make proper combos with actually. For me V is the clunky piece of shit especially Griffon that fucking cunt is garbage and doesnt do what I want him to do almost all the time.

You can switch between the swords after you beat the game np

beat the game and you can use whatever you want on Dante

Why would I keep playing after I beat the game?

Hey buddy fuck you, I'm going back and playing through with Sparda. Fucking style swap combos are kick-ass

hahahahahahah

>playing a DMC game to beat it once instead of mastering stylish combat

Attached: embarrassing.jpg (400x411, 33K)

DSD has the same tools and more with it's version of SM.
It's objectively the better weapon, literally get good.

Disgusting.

>he didn't map Style to L2

AHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA SCRUB

Does Dante have wall running in Trickster at last? I miss it.

The ultimate scrub right there. Where's you damn motivation ?

So easy...

>V
>Being fun
I'm playing through SoS trying to get an S in all episodes (with the exception being the prologue for now) and I had to stop in V's first episode because I hate his playstyle

>Want to show Yea Forums what I've learned in my first DMC
>Don't want to link Yea Forums to my youtube channel
Trust me guys I'm really good.

Link it anyways.

What's the point of dynamic themes if they don't play in game?

I noticed this. There are only like 5 or 6 fights in the game where a character's combat music is actually played. Most fights have custom music for the level or battle.

Do I really need to beat Urizen in mission 8 for the S rank?
I can get him to second phase and half health no problem but always end with an A rank
Is the only S rank I'm missing

Money/Bloody Palace
Most of the microtransactions don't even work. I bought a single Blue Orb because I couldn't find one fragment and I don't want to search through 16 different missions to find the last one -- spent my money and the game didn't give me an orb. Cool.

WHy is the writing so cringey in capcom's recent games?
Resident evil 2 had the same issue witht he "overgrow son of a bitch"

Attached: db0.jpg (349x642, 29K)

Agreed, V is boring. Dunno how with two awesome visceral brute force play styles we got this unresponsive minion master gameplay, but I don't like it. I thought he was going to have a bloodborne style cane with a shitload of combos. Nope. Smh

That's japanese writing for you

good writers were sacrificed for better gameplay

Am I just retarded or is it difficult to get Shadow in the air? Short of holding his launcher move, any time an enemy is knocked into the air, I feel like I just have to wait until he hits the ground again because I don't know a reliable way to despawn/respawn Shadow in front of a juggled enemy. Usually I end up locking on to an enemy in mid air, and then slash at nothing on the ground, several feet away from the bad guy.

DMC 5

>evrything you like

>evything you dislike

post it bois

Attached: 1535391857289.jpg (956x711, 166K)

>everything you like
DMC5
>everything you don't like
No playable Vergil on release

Like: the gameplay and pretty much everything
Dislike: all fights in the campaign were too short with too few enemies

I don't really understand how to play Nero. Do arms break if an enemy attacks you when you're trying to use an arm? What are the best ways to use arms? I'm so confused. I wish to just fill my entire arm collection with Busters.

>evrything i like
the fkn VAN brings menus and game cohesivnes together in a great way. they hould do this with the office in the next game

>i didnt like

the rushed plot at the end

Nero feels slow as fuck to use, the camera is really shit too.

really awkward to play since i finished DMC4 just before 5 came out and Nero felt great.

launch, basic bitch combo or air combo with yy,y slam and simple b for another extension or destroy teh arm if you dont like it.

I dunno, user, that was pretty fucking obvious

I'm not great at him, but he became a lot easier to understand when you abandon the notion that arms are fragile and important. You should be using breakages and detonating whenever it suits your combo.

>>evrything you like
Everything

>>evything you dislike
Playing as V

Spoken like a true brainlet

Keep mashing that style button kid

>tfw beat vergil yesterday with 5 gold orbs and got a D
>can barely reach half his health bar today
why did I fall for the RG meme

Attached: cry.png (315x411, 234K)

Disagree. Putting prop shredder in the middle of a combo feels worse than having a button for it.

>Like
>Everything except for below
>Dislike
>No playable Vergil (Yet), Lady and Trish are underused, and they're not playable (yet)

>I "beat" Vergil with 5 gold orbs
What the fuck nigger, are you even a sentient animal?

Attached: 1528777175349.png (800x600, 347K)

user I don't even see how that's possible. If you really suck this bad just turn on auto and resign yourself to a lifetime of D ranks.

>Nero
>simple
Past first play through he's above Dante in skill ceiling. You have two arm systems to use at the same time, two types of charged shots to keep track of, and two different frame perfect additions to include with every attack that both have a different timing to alter your attack properties and damage, and one also changes the timing of any following attack.
If TASes ever happen to become possible for this game, the Nero ones will be far further from any human players' ability than Dante sections.

are you playing on devil hunter?
if so I had no problem royal guarding unless you are a single diget IQ amiba

it's on SoS if it makes my case less shitty
he just fucks up on my timings post jet mode

I used 2 and already felt like a subhuman. It's okay since I'm going to replay this anyway and it's not actually as hard as I thought.

>play DMC5
>struggle with Nero
>get B rank at most
>get V
>get SS rank easily
>get Dante
>get SSS rank easily
>go back to Nero
>Struggle to get to A rank

I dont know why but playing Nero sucks for me.

>V's theme literally says "split myself in two"

Attached: epic_shake.gif (512x512, 437K)

to be fair you dont have all of nero's tools till post final boss so I guess it makes sence since he is abit incomplete.

You're not the only one
I spent all of my orbs trying to royal guard vergil to death

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

finish the game

You gotta exceed, alternate between all your combos and get some arm usage here and there. He becomes WAY more complicated in ng+. Enjoy the simplicity while it lasts.

>evrything you like
almost everything
>evything you dislike
Game feels too easy, at least through SoS, and no Turbo Mode. I wish Vergil was in the vanilla version but so long as he's a legitimate improvement from 4SE I'm not so upset by that.

>TAS
What is that?
I have seen one for TWEWY, but never knew what that meant.

Max charge exceed isn't frame perfect. Nero in 4 is actually higher in skill ceiling if we talk about autistic shit like this. Though Dante in 4 had even more autistic shit to mind.

Tool Assisted Speedrun. Basically perfect execution using trainer

WITH THE DEVIL ON MY BACK AND THE DEMON'S RIGHT IN FRONT
I SLASH THROUGH AND SLICE ITS SHADOW UP

Attached: man-screaming.jpg (1399x884, 84K)

No, it was really simple to exceed every attack in 4, especially since performing exceeds and charging shots was all you had to do as Nero. This time, on every hit you gotta gallop between the bringer button and the exceed one.

It was objectively harder to exceed in 4. Itsuno even confirmed they made it easier.

>Like
No annoying enemies like in 3 and 4.
>dislike
That I can't play any character on any chapter after beating the game. The game seems really easy but that might be because of how much I played 3 and 4

I just beat the game on DH and I was planning on going for the platinum eventually, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Should I play on Human next while hopefully learning more shit or jump straight into SoS?

Attached: 1411603610259.png (250x250, 37K)

I know and I addressed that. It was harder but you could STILL exceed every single hit because you don't have much else to do as Nero. Plenty of time to get the timings down to instinct.

If you thought DH was hard then there is no hope for you.

In DMC's case it's more appropriate to consider it Tool Assisted Stylish.
youtube.com/watch?v=gVwxNrnl2dA

SoS isn't much harder than DH, just go for it.

A harder mode will make you learn to use all of your tools, an easier mode will just allow you to buttonmash

jump into SoS and come back to human for a victory lap once you complete DMD

DSD is objectively the best

+Keeps all the Swordmaster moves
+Adds Drive
+Adds essentially a new style with summoned swords that add ALOT OF potential (you can juggle enemies while charging a Drive)
+Does significantly more damage using the same combo of trick aerial rave (because aerial rave gets extra hits via summoned swords)
+Looks cool as fuck

The only reason people choose Rebellion/Sparda is because they're DMC4lets who can't adapt to a new game or they like the insane reach sparda has on it's prop shredder

>Dante's theme literally says "You cannot kill me"
>People think this will be the last time we see him

Just don't RG then, just Trickster. It's fun to be moving and teleporting all over the place anyway.

Getting SSS on Dante is easy though. Same with V.
Nero on the other hand, is fucking hard. You actually have to hit at least 1 Max Act special move gain some decent style

>kalinna ann does not have agrapple even though it would fit
>nero can't use buster arms while locked on even though snatch only uses lock on plus buster so forward and back would be fine
>V does not have phantom even though the manga says he does

only issues I have

Wasn't Dante's theme written for Donte? I remember the original writer writing something along the lines of 'foul-mouthed protagonist' or something on his page before everyone dug up shit on him.

Let's not forget Rebellion raises your style the least, does less damage, AND has less range.
At least use Sparda

DMC3, Trickster and Stylish should never be used in the same sentence.
Trickster is the most braindead style in DMC3

Man do good V players even exist on PS4? I'm having loads of trouble getting a co-op partner in mission 7 DMD. At what point can the two players even meet up?

I think it took me THREE gold orbs during the Vergil fight. I was doing pretty good at the beginning. I got him halfway down or so before dying. Something with the Urizen fight. I died only once on that fight.

that was just forshadowing irl events
though I do wonder if they would have retired Dante had Reuben kicked the bucket here

Attached: YOU CAN NOT KILL ME.png (669x639, 483K)

>Like
EVERYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIING! Except...
>Dislike
No playable ladies.
Lack of bosses for V.
Final Boss was meh, easy. Real boss was Dante vs Vergil
>Nitpick
Wouldn’t mind for variety in levels than just the city and Urizen’s lair and the overseas PS4 censorship of asses for a 18 rated game (Sony are you fooking daft?)

You're not wrong user, but DSD looks straight out of monster hunter so automatically is unusable.

>Royal Guard is the most braindead style in dmc3
Fixed

>Everything you like
Dante is even better, enemies aren’t annoying, V is kind of fun, game looks great
>Everything you hate
Nero, always have always will. His inclusion is pointless in the series when Dante continues to be him, but 100x more complex and fun. Tired of this training wheels asshole being in the series. Areas are the same, and boring. Vergil isn’t playable yet.

It said it was for the theme of Devil May Cry's "foul-mouthed anti-hero", which is obviously referring to El Donte because it's not an accurate description of Dante, but I don't know if it was the guy who wrote the song that described it that way. I think it suits Dante in a way anyway, even if the lyrics are really edgy for someone laid back like Dante, it has a kind of similar feeling to DMC3 music, so I feel like the standard for it is already established.

Nah, I feel like I've barely had a chance to use any of the moves I keep dropping orbs on.

Figured that'd be the best course of action anyway. Quick question regarding S ranks though; what are all of the criteria this time?

>Everything you like
EVERYTHING
>EVYthing you dislike
Pausing on coop or picking up gold/blue/purple/green orbs disconnects you from other players

Attached: 20190313041139_1.jpg (2560x1440, 811K)

Nero was objectively a better character before he get his D.T. back. He had the perfect amount of mechanics that made him fun as shit to play without being as boring as he was in DMC4.
Now with the DB returning and the return of OG charge shot and a new mechanic with knuckle he is a clusterfuck to play.

Holding down square the entire engagement (charge shot) while trying to exceed after every attack, utilize breakers effectively, be optimal with knuckle to continue combos, using jump cancels and using D.T. for Max Bet is absolutely frustrating and everytime I decided I'll ignore one aspect for FUN I hate myself because I'm being supoptimal and not as cuhraazzy as I could be.

I'm just going to stick with dante. He's so much easier and less frustrating to play. I don't have the high level of IQ required for Nero.

Attached: e7cd24febcd1deaebf52042aafdcbf9a--devil-may-cry--videogame-art.jpg (236x253, 19K)

>giving up animation free round trips, an air launcher and the ability to prevent all knockback from any strike and a buff that adds a bunch more damage to all your attacks
>because you think the sword is ugly

Enjoy your way shittier weapon user.

Well it's a good thing for you then that the video is half an hour long and styles on (pun not intended) Vergil with all the styles in the game. And beyond that there's the entire rest of the game too in the channel's other videos using all sorts of combinations of everything.

Gee, it's almost like he'll receive one later on, hmmmmmmmmmmm

>playing with default controls

Nigga just swap shoot and breakway so you can hold the charge shots easily on your left hand.

literally remap the controls

>Tyger tyger burning bright
>In the forest of the night
>What immortal hand or eye
>Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

What did William Blake meant by this?

Exceed is objectively better mapped to X or B

what does Yea Forums think now that Virgil was an English autist as a kid according to the memo list?

Is it me or is DMD much more lenient in this? DMC3 Very Hard kicks my ass all day but DMC5 DMD has been a breeze for me, at least up to mission 7.

I'm on love with this game, Yea Forums. I'm so fucking happy.

Attached: 1533739834011.jpg (377x566, 52K)

nah its confirmed easier.
SoS is the difficulty that should have been the standart one if you choose veteran dmc player at the start.

How come our guy /donguri/ never uses blow mode for Balrog? He only uses kick mode.

in general i dont understand why i get a screen evrytime i pick up a gold orb (there is a lot of them i feel...)

there is less frustrating punishment thats for sure

it blows

Obvious bait
But a question for anyone who did this, why pay full price for a game you'll play once, which has a completion time in single digits?

V is the most fun to play as.

>be a demon in the Qliphoth
>hear muffled Bruce Lee noises coming from above

Attached: 1552203510976.webm (960x540, 2.8M)

>Raises your style the least
source

Kick mode charges faster and has the better moveset

You only switch to blow for real impact or the air combo

Hinkles seems like a pretty based dude

Can you rotate arms as nero? I sometimes dont want to use the one equipped. Am i retarded for not figuring it out yet?

>no game with William Blake’s badass bible art

It’s unfair.

No, the real question is why only play a game once when the final mission changes the most important character in three huge ways?
It was such a bold move to do that,but it makes sense. Casuals won't really care and might not even finish the game to begin with, people who aren't so into DMC might be encouraged to play it again and understand it better, and veterans were going to play it more anyway.

Attached: 33bb65ed7711c0505d61446ea6c7cd23.gif (500x237, 1.62M)

>Its treason then

>dislike
Missions have non-return points.
Camera is too close during move.
No style statues.
V's move with Cavaliere piercing is just kill animation.
Lack of cuhrayziness in cutscenes a bit.
Too many loadings, but guess it's a technical issue.

>like
Everything else. Game is great.

Attached: 14345684567956.jpg (305x165, 6K)

Which difficulty? I didnt kill him and got an S

just got gud with donte
my combo with the lv 3 swordmaster sparda sword turned into lightsaber shit
fuck donte
but the double rocketlauncher are sick

Attached: wrfef.jpg (2560x1440, 475K)

>4 STYLES FOR EACH WEAPON MAKING HIM A CLUNKY PIECE OF SHIT
Itsuno made this sword just for you desu

Attached: DevilSwordDante-768x432.jpg (768x432, 17K)

What will you do in DMC6 when we learn Dante and Lady have a daughter or something? Nero and Dante are now so powerful that they can't really be the main characters anymore.

Attached: 14.png (499x709, 640K)

i hate the bike
worst weapon ever

Attached: d16f73b82b7203138cb795b0b03e8d87.jpg (1080x976, 109K)

>Can you rotate arms as nero?

no

>I sometimes dont want to use the one equipped.

blow it up or just re-equip arms when you call nico

>Am i retarded for not figuring it out yet?

maybe

Attached: 1552179009981.png (1435x847, 1.82M)

to milk the movesets and challenge your style
game is to ez on first playthrought

i hate this shit sword
ruined my whole gameplay
fuck this shit but spartas sword was the best

What are the differences between the Sparda sword formations? I haven't really fucked with Sparda much yet.

>>evrything you like
Game feels a lot tighter and a bit more polished than the previous ones in general
Nero plays a lot better than the basic bitch he was in 4
V is surprisingly decent
Balrog
Faust Hat
Griffon bantz
Art direction and visual level design for Redgrave city is top notch
Sound direction
The last cutscenes
>>evything you dislike
The music is shit but I'm a boomer who stopped liking most DMC music once it started to have vocals, not a problem since I can just listen to what I want either way
Last boss is disappointing
That's probably me but the game feels too easy most of the time, still, I've played lots of DMC so that's kind of a given I guess
Game's slower than the others and your launchers are WAY to lax, enemies just don't come down
DSD is ugleh as sin
Gunslinger is still shit

Holy fuck mission 16 is just bad. Its so fucking ugly that it honestly is painful to look at. It could have been a decent platforming-type level but they literally did nothing with it. The only thing that saves it is that King Cerberus is a great fight.

its confirmed easier. SoS should have been the defaul difficulty for vveterans

>Dante and Lady.
They're explicitly called out as not being romantically linked.
>Nero and Dante are now so powerful that they can't really be the main characters anymore.
That's a stupid thing to say in an action series. Just because they are stronger doesn't mean they are too strong. Just make the next thing stronger. Have you never seen any shonen anime ever?

Attached: 1552149295347.png (604x866, 974K)

If you hold it you send them out to attack repeatedly like Round Trip, forward and circle is a stinger with the swords and back and circle is a launcher. Don't remember the other ones.

Is DMC still canon?

>clunky
I find Dante easier to use than V lol.

>tfw pirated the game without denuvo
>mission 13 coop makes me want to buy it even though I hate denuvo
>it costs half of my monthly budget
Ah decisions decisions

Look at this dude

Attached: 1552075775778.jpg (631x658, 39K)

It's called Dante. Sparda is a Rebellion reskin pretty much
Gunslinger - automatically shoot enemies
Trickster - 1 extra air dash and chain teleports, stack with DT's addition
Royal Guard - block attacks behind you
Swordmaster - follow your melee and swordmaster attacks

I thought the tutorial said something about the style you are in changing how they work, or something?

That's just if you're in DT.

>this character is too hard for me so it's "clunky"

DISMAL

>evrything you like
DMC 5 and Lady
>evything you dislike
loading screens

Attached: 1552159434573.jpg (1280x1279, 302K)

I think in SM they pop up to add more hits to all your attacks.

Devil Arms in DMC5 are so good.
Lucifer and Pandora were absolute trash.

Nah, you can create them outside DT by charging the sword

Almost everything. Nero's new mechanics, the less strict timing on exceed. V's entire gameplay. Dante finally not feeling like ass for not constantly switching styles.

>dislike
Last quarter of the game is a boss fest? I hate to say that though, since I could easily go back and say that I hate that the last few levels of DMC3 I have to go through a bunch of stupid shit to get to the part of the level that I want. Why play chess when I just want the boss rush? You know? Is there really no good middle ground to this? I guess I would rather have just the boss fight.

Outside of that, I think BP getting confirmed to have a timer again, though there is apparently word that you can disable it for a score penalty and I'm ok with that.

you should never ever spend that much on vidya
that's crazy

Pasta breaker can shuffle the order.

Ah yeah, sorry, I meant DSD. Thanks for the explanation. I'm not in love with the design but I don't particularly mind the changes to the moveset, and I assume they're going to be phasing out the old moveset for the sequel so I'll be happy to learn it.

yeah but how is the next thing stronger without it becoming ridiculously asspulled?
they already established who the big players were / are. either someone goes for the power of sparda for the third time or...what? spardas lost twin? Mundus on steroids? there's nothing that would be even remotely a problem for dante, especially if vergil helps him because he's pissed off someone interrupts their fighting

>Trophy: Complete Mission 11 as Dante without a weapon loadout.
>Ultra Rare: 0.01%

Is it ultra rare because you can't start the mission without at least one weapon and one gun?

>Like
More or less everything except
>Dislike
Playing as Nero is still boring as fuck compared to Dante and the plot felt like it got sped up way too much at the end.

how?

>Mad Qualia basically spoils Dante and Vergil falling into hell together
Every single vocal track spoiled a key part of the game.

Attached: 1552360462930.gif (550x400, 1.59M)

his got pulled off

You get his skill to wield no weapons by beating Son of Sparda

son of sparda playthrough is completely different

No, I think it's because the only way to win would be to use Royal Guard the whole way through and if you haven't gotten gud with it, then you're fucked.

scum

Was that song nipland only?

They can just make up a new guy. Someone weak has been training and got strong. Someone smart got a bunch of strong dummies and got them working together to be a threat. Nanomachines.
It doesn't matter, it's an excuse to beat up demons.

Does anyone else think King Cerberus is the most difficult boss in the game? I haven't started on DMD yet, but he felt significantly more difficult than any other boss on SoS.

That sounds fucking fun to try though, can't wait to beat Son of Sparda then and give it a go.

>evrything you like
The whole game
>evything you dislike
Lady and Trish deserved more relevance instead of getting the jobber treatment

Attached: 1552316757546.jpg (1867x821, 264K)

That's a really strange idea to come up with for a trophy.

I think you still have to equip E&I and a sword, I have that skill, and I may be misremembering but I thought there was still a locked symbol on those two.

I'll never get these posts that complain about all your options when one of your options is to LITERALLY remove options.
Personally, I like my Dante with 2 guns and 2 arms like DMC3; couldn't do that in 4 but GUESS WHAT NOW YOU CAN. Cleaning out my inventory helps me keep track of what I should be doing next in combat, and the madmen at Capcom actually gave me the option to do it.
I didn't want to bother with DT on Nero cause I always forgot about it and he already has a Get Out of Jail Free card with his burst, so I just unbind the fucking key. Am I retarded? probably, but Capcom will let me be retarded!

Now if only they could make decent enemies to fill out their hallways with.

Attached: 1544824036867.gif (294x222, 405K)

Just use Trickster then. Use RG once you get some more confidence and motivation

someone training for 10thousand years sounds reasonable, yeah

just thought of this: another demon that has a heart that loves someone, so he too has access to the power vergil and dante now have.

Nope, I just got the trophy myself. As long as you have that skill you can indeed unequip absolutelyy everything my friend.

Is it possible to RG Urizen's blue tentacle shit?

Yes

Yeah, but its a fucking great song(the full version is even better)
youtube.com/watch?v=hgy67ZBxdXI - MV
youtube.com/watch?v=cZUktzIoQns - full version

Can you Royal Guard every attack in the game?

I dont get it. Im getting SSS constantly with V

Do people just suck shit with him?

Not sure, but i can guarantee almost all of Urizens moves can be RG'd

Don't you just run in circles tapping shadow and griffon without locking on and summon nightmare whenever possible to get SSS?

>Pretty Much Everything

>Can't play as any character I want in any mission

I'm a massive Nerofag and a complete shit player but even I think Dante is a blast. He's got something for everybody in DMC5

Attached: dicking around.webm (720x406, 2.68M)

Hitting DT at the beginning of a fight almost guarantees you at least SS because of that exploding laser.

What do y'all think about Vergil's new battle theme? I think it's baller.

>youtube.com/watch?v=JrD8cLVHgWc

Also, what kind of moveset are Yea Forums expecting Capcom to give him when they finally make him playable as DLC?

Attached: Vergil.jpg (850x478, 70K)

>Summon nightmare
>He breaks through a nearby wall, permenantly altering the environment

I know the devs know where you're going to get into combat and will likely see it happen, but this still really impressed me.

Since this is the new thread, posting the lines anons requested in the last couple of threads. I’m still doing the Vergil lines for that one user that wants Vergil saying DMC3 Dante lines

Vergil Quotes
vocaroo.com/i/s1uK9SYAtI67

Those other things anons wanted me to say in the last thread, Vergil saying Dante’s name sexually
vocaroo.com/i/s0O51eADLrRZ

vocaroo.com/i/s1CevuETd5OC

And Optimus Prime since that one user was playing Devastation
vocaroo.com/i/s1Zzux7DMbSV

I’ll happily take more requests when I’m done with the gym

Doppelganger for sure. Hopefully some grab and flight moves too.
There’s a mod that allows that now but it’s still wonky in some Nero stages.

Will he just inexplicably play through every mission without cutscenes except at the very beginning and end again?

I just want the soundtrack.

>that streamer who killed vergil using only guns first time by exploiting the laser

He has some hidden tech with his cane parrying moves and air jump cancelling

It's less about skill rank than it is about them not fucking dying mid mission. The "boss" fight for M7 is a bitch solo on DMD.

>Last boss is disappointing
Stopped reading there.

More like, doing it without super costume is a chore

Attached: 20190313052729_1.jpg (2560x1440, 672K)

You can cheese it with Super costume plus Sin DT.

You can parry with neutral circle? Or is there a skill you need to learn?

Attached: 1543356968332.jpg (583x431, 30K)

Not Dante's fault you're a brainlet, OP.

>Like
- Everything pertinent with Dante in comparison with his DMC4 iteration. Customizable loadouts, optimized style switching, and a respectable arsenal of unique devil arms and guns which are highly effective. Bonus points for stealth weapons like Kalina Ann/Double Kalina Ann. Sin Devil Trigger doesn't replace DTE, but is enjoyable for me nevertheless.

- Nero is a moderate improvement, but an improvement nevertheless with the implementation of the Devil Breakers which diversifies his otherwise streamlined arsenal as opposed the the constant exceed/charge shot here.

- Everything about V is a pleasure.

-Jump cancelling back to DMC3 levels of performance.

>Dislike
- Weapon shuffling does not cancel attack animations
- Taunting now does all of jackshit to boost stylish meter
- Rank is determined by style alone, which can be both a blessing and a curse in itself.
- Level design feels somewhat bland and uninspired

That's really all that springs to mind right now. Major points, at least.

Attached: 1544737233375.png (600x464, 387K)

There's a bunch of secrets hidden behind destructable walls, it's kind of horseshit actually because a bunch aren't in spots where you'd summon Nightmare naturally.

Neural circle indeed
Angelo parry
youtube.com/watch?v=kQP6TU1cImY

Fury Parry
youtube.com/watch?v=kqj5hHCiFTc

Is that you playing? Nicely done sir.

Don't you need the DSD equipped to Sin DT or do they actually let you pop it with nothing equipped?

The World Ends With You

If you think out of all the characters in the game that DANTE of all people is the "clunky" one, then I don't know what to tell you friend.

You just suck ass at the game and need to go back to resetera.

>that sound at the very end of the video
Thanks now I'm deaf.

Bros I'm a scrub with Dante, I'm just so overwhelmed by all the combos that I choke, any friendly advice?

How are you guys doing so far

Attached: dmc5.jpg (1920x1156, 417K)

>Like
Almost Everything else
>Dislike
>artstyle/theme
>Lady and Trish being there for no reason
>Dante and Vergil unsatisfyingly just up and ditching their friends and family to go to hell "forever" AGAIN for some shitty tree, before Vergil can be introduced to the rest of the cast or at least have some real time to reconcile for how shit of a dad he was to Nero since he's "good" now first
>How pointless the online is
>Music was kinda meh
>Loosing over 8,000 red orbs because I tried to use Mr Faust
Good game, the ending had some nice moments but if this is the last we see of Dante that's really unsatisfying

Nope
I did it without super costume on DH and the boss was the easiest part
Fucking hellbats and angelos took me for a ride

I enjoy rank being determined by style alone. Your first playthrough doesn't have to feel impossible to get some good S ranks on anymore just because you want to explore for hidden secrets, and you can have fun messing around in combat and feeling cool instead of using the quickest, most efficient kills possible after achieving SSS.

Yeah. I thought it was pretty basic, I'm pretty new to the series and never had time to get technical with DMC4 Dante before DMC5 arrived but considering my little combo probably isn't even 1% of the shit you can do with Dante I feel it showcases the sheer amount of options you have with him

you can make like 700,000 orbs in 10 minutes with faust on mission 13

I can't beat the prologue on Human

Fuck Urizen

He's not so bad on human, you can even kill him before he can resummon the shield if you're fast enough.

If anyone is having trouble with Furies, I just found out after fucking around in the Void that you can spam Cerberus's Revolver and Fury will jump right into it and get parried, letting you get some hits in. These guys still suck dick to fight but this trivializes them and doesn't require much timing.

It's best to specialize with him initially. Pick a style you like and a dual weapon combination then get fully accustomed to this loadout. Start adding in little things as you progress. For example, I always swore by Trickster/Swordmaster when playing as him but now I'm experimenting a little with RoyalGuard too and it's brilliant.

Also: Fuck OP

whats giving you troubles? I did it on SoS first try
Biggest key to fight is knowing when to jump back so you dont get a sphere slowing down the area or eat the artemis shots/crystal spike

Thank you

Any tips for beating V's friends on SoS?

Just play defensively

I'd suggest focusing on mastering Rebellion/Sparda for now. It's general moveset is the bread and butter for Dante so if this is your first DMC then having a standard "go to" weapon can help you if you want to play any of the earlier games. Start with mastering Swordmaster and it's combos while utilizing trickster for movement/dodges when neccessary.

When you feel comfortable enough with that, then start expanding. The Cavalier is THE noob weapon. Some of it's attacks "resets" it's combos so learn those and that thing will basically shit SSS ranks even in DMD. Balrog is probably the most complex weapon but really fucking good if you get it down and Cerberus looks harder to use than it actually is. Again though, stick to just Swordmaster/Trickster till you get better. Once you do, then you can look up how to and start practicing all the crazy Royal Guard and enemy step cancel and all the other crazy Dante shit if you so choose, the game never expects any of that of you though.

I figured out the revolver trick pretty quick on SoS but they are still a drag to fight
Made me want to rip my eyes out on DMD when you have to fight 2 of them inside qlipoth since even blowing all your sinDT on a single one isnt even guaranteed to kill it

>FUCK YOU as Nero stabs Vergil with Yamato
>FUCK YOU to counter the stab
Which one?

Nero has 2 buttons he can press for bonus damage on EVERY attack. One does a punch another adds to his Exceed.

I did some grinding to buy most of the abilities. Very glad they made it easy to farm so I can just fucking play. I might farm up extra so I can be ready for Vergil. Then I'll build up orbs naturally for the EX taunts.

Hit them until they die. Gunslinger is actually not a meme and makes Griffon easy to deal with. When they crystalize switch to Cavaliere and just mash buttons. When fighting Nightmare you can almost stay in the air forever with Cavaliere combos that do massive damage and most of his attacks will miss. Shadow is iffy as he doesn't stagger often and so just use the sword moveset to hit and run.

For now, only switch between Royalguard and Swordmaster. Only load two melee weapons and don't worry about switching guns yet. Master these, and then expand in just one area (either add another style to your switch rotation, or one more melee weapon, or start switching guns too). Don't add more than one new thing to learn at a time, because it will cross all kinds of wires in your brain. It's very muddling to play as Dante for someone who hasn't mastered him. You're going to be in Swordmaster when you meant to block with Royalguard, you're going to switch melee weapons when you meant to switch styles, you're going to get all panicked in the heat of combat doing the wrong thing and feel like an idiot. But don't feel like an idiot, because you're trying to learn. You'll learn slowly over time. Some complex things will start commiting to muscle memory, and in other ways, you will actually start to execute complex strings of style switching and weapon switching in a sequence smoothly and deliberately. You're guaranteed to notice yourself improve over time, just don't overwhelm yourself, because he's already overwhelming enough at a basic level compared to Nero.

What are your guys' tips for getting consistent Max-Act exceed? I can only get level 1

Royal Guard wrecks their fucking ass, but I've yet to find a consistent way of dealing with them as Nero. Luckily he doesn't have to fight many, but still sucks ass.

I think it's good, but I love Devil never cry's leitmotif too much to not love the dmc3 better.

Is there another good counter against the spinning lizard bois other than Cavaliere?

Yeah but I didn't buy a rhythm game so Nero can fuck off.

the only weapon that's clunky is cavelear and even tho I don't appreciate a lot of the animations. its power & stun is incredible.

Is it just me or does DMC5 feel even more anime than 4? Like I was getting strong Dragon Ball Z vibes at certain points.

Attached: DT.jpg (914x514, 110K)

>Japanese writing
>Good

I enjoy very much so how fucking shit the camera is and how 87% of the time I cannot tell where my character is on the screen

Attached: 1543785395186.png (414x421, 311K)

Round trip(DSD)+charged shotgun JC for small demons
Pretty much anything on Nightmare aslong as griffon/shadow arent close/active

>Want to play dante
>This character looks hard but maybe worth mastering
>Sword combos don't feel right, at least without upgrades
>Die
>Try balrog
>YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>Try guns
>Shit damage and boring gameplay
>Back to nero
>Easily kill and dab on everything
>Satisfying almost infinite combos
What am I doing wrong and how do I get good. I want to play dante but I can't.

Attached: 1.jpg (665x574, 29K)

You don't play fighting games much do you? timing is key.

I find shotgun and balrog work pretty well. Also DT stinger

Punching the spines off

All but Nightmare's overhead punch in M18, yes.

are you kidding me it's way better than their old games you stupid nostalgia fag. & as far as writing goes its less cringey than most games. you see the newest Kingdom hearts? that's some cringe ass shit.

>Like
Genuinely, everything.
>Dislike
No playable Lady
and OP's post.

I do hope they add more characters later.

Attached: 1552346164726.png (512x460, 203K)

Do "You will not forget this devil's power, You're not worthy as my opponent."

Attached: 1551973027754.jpg (600x337, 42K)

No I play good games so that takes fighters off the table.

Don't feel like it's something you're supposed to master. Just make the effort of trying with every hit, and feel rewarded when it works. To consistently get Max-Act at even an above 50% rate would take TAS levels of real time, high speed accuracy for fleeting narrow windows.

I'll give these a try, thanks. I almost beat it after posting by just using Trickster to stay behind Nightmare then focusing on Griffon with the shotgun while Night's out of the way

Offcial Devil May Cry 5 Mission Tier List

>God Tier
>Great Tier
2, 3, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 18
>V Tier
4, 5, 9, 14
>Just a Boss Tier
P, 6, 17, 19, 20
>Boring Tier
1, 16
>Shit Tier

>listening through the ripped voice lines from DMCV
>voice line of Vergil yelling "DAAAAANTEEEEE" like he just found out Dante ate his leftovers that were in the fridge
>mfw

Attached: CA4xDG9XIAA0YvL.jpg (146x203, 5K)

Unless you are using DSD aerial combos are on swordmaster style, ground combos work fine though
Balrogs swordmaster attacks do a shit ton of damage in gauntlet mode(you have to ignite first), Greaves mode also shits out damage and has you more mobile
Guns tend to have niche uses but charged shotgun jump cancelling has been 10/10 in every appearance and double kalina ann laser eats through 9/10 things if you get it off

short. linear. underwhelming ending. V.
nero combat is the only good thing in this game.

5/10 - "bayonetta and nier:automata are better"

Ignoring them as you fight someone else and then blocking with RG when they spin at you.

I play dante DMC3 style switcher mod style.

Just 2 melee and ranged weapons

The camera you can change?

You could try not mashing and actually learning proper combo strings for starters

Attached: 6BOoAb2.png (500x690, 320K)

You need to chain weapon combos together, you can't be a one trick pony for every encounter.

Learn to mix it up. Stop only doing YYYYYYYYYYYY on Balrog because the weapon has a fuckload of moves. Only do that to ignite the flame unless youve already done sone in kick mode. Ebony and Ivory are never damage dealers just combo extenders, at least for me. Dr. Faust is the best gun in the game though.

You've gotta master every style individually first before you can even dream of using them all together. Swordmaster has the most attacks, Trickster is for dodges, Royal Guard is for blocking, and Gunslinger is for pussies.

Attached: casual dante.jpg (538x221, 33K)

Understandable.

As I said, I find it a blessing and a curse. "Blessing" for the exploration facet you mentioned. "Curse" because the criteria for amassing style is very different from DMC3 and DMC4 as it's rated by the aggregation of your battles in certain areas. If I start out too good and end with 5800 points or so, and the enemies die too quickly in the next skirmish (or worse, I take damage in the middle of building an SSS) - it sinks about 300 - 400 points. Maintaining it is a pain in the ass. It's a bit grating I can still rack up enough stylish points to secure an SSS rating, but the results lower my net score or I just barely maintain it. So to secure S rankings, I have to make it a point to restart the stage of my style number is below 4200 before the boss just to be on the safe side. That way, my No Continue bonus is guaranteed to keep me above the threshold.

It is not ruining the game for me, I just S ranked all of Devil Hunter earlier this morning. Son of Sparda feels more lenient in this regard as the enemies aren't dying fast enough to tank my score like in Devil Hunter.

Attached: 1543623217772.gif (268x335, 2.97M)

ayyy user, I've been wanting to do voice lines for a female Vergil for a while. it's really hard to capture his voice properly, especially when you feminize it. you basically have to force your voice through your nose.

Master style switching - most good melee moves are locked behind Swordmaster and circle.

>waited 11 years for this
>couldn't play until now because I was stuck with college bullshit
>see all scrubs friends playing before me

T O M O R R O W

Attached: 1546475901682.gif (300x403, 1.88M)

mission 13 may aswell just 3 floors of bloody palace though
Why do you have it rated above the boss(best) levels

what are your optimal camera settings amigo?

well what you've bought is capcoms adaption of fighting game mechanics for a 3D action game. that's what DMC is.

Dislike:
-Not being able to play Vergil and the ladies
-Lack of alternate costumes
-Trish and Lady were pretty much useless and could have been cut entirely from the story.
-V's true identity reveal was kinda lame (i unironically prefered the theory about him being Mundus or something like that)
-Vergil's motivations were kinda weak.

Like:
Everything else was great i feel

Probably playing with other people and how fun that shit is.

Who /DanteDMC4combatOST/ here?

I hope if they add new playable characters that they atleast have unique missions with an actual plotline for them.
I thought it was fine to a certain extend with vergil mode in dmc3, but I thought it was kind of a chore in DMC4.
In dmc4 you already spend half of the game backtracking and fighting the same 4 bosses twice, but doing that again with 3 new characters was a bit much.

Attached: 1552283716374.jpg (967x900, 421K)

wow thank you, very motivational, thought kindness was extinct on this site.

From the trailers, you should be able to see each other at the beginning. Then you cross paths again in the middle. Then you should have a co-op battle at the end in that theater area.

I brute forced my way through Dante Must Die and haven't replayed any of the missions sans M13 for co op fun.
no bully pls

Attached: 2 months in Adobe Acrobat v2.jpg (1920x1140, 408K)

Except that like never actually happens

Thanks man awesome advice

Oh I disabled that shit, have no desire to play with other faggots
Just wish it disabled the cameo shit entirely since 2 or 3 of the missions cause a bit of frame drops when all 3 characters are in the same area
Especially since its just using my own fighting data

Good

AS I STARE INTO THE EYE OF THE CUNNY

Attached: YOU CANNOT KILL ME.png (540x295, 181K)

I've never looked into the calculations. I just thought I'm on pace for an S rank if I got a few SSS's and haven't been hit more than twice. I don't like the sound of what you've mentioned, sounds like once you understand how it works it ruins the fun and creates a chore, like finding out about natures and IV's in Pokémon.

BRING THE FABLES FROM THY TOMB
SPORADIC DOOM AS KNIGHTS LOOM

Got you chief! Daniel Southworth actually complimented me a few days ago so I’m motivated to improve my Vergil
Ain’t that the truth. Daniel said he had a cold during DMC3, so trying to do his lines consistently while forcing yourself to be nasely really wears you out. You can do it though user. The trick for me really is to just hold my nose for a bit, then do his lines and accent. I can do a lot of Japanese voices though like M. Bison, Aokiji, Kizaru, Law, etc.

>Always wanted a big heavy weapon in DMC
>Motorcycle is literally perfect
How does Itsuno do it?

Who else /breaker loadout filled with only gerbera/ here. gotta get that trickster style

>everything you like
DMC5

>everything you dislike
No vergil on release
No remix of Devils Never Cry in the first Vergil fight

I know how you feel user, game is coming out tomorrow in Brazil for whatever stupid reason

>Devils Never Cry Credits for Dante
>Switch between Devil Trigger and The Time Has Come for Nero
>Whatever I feel like for V that's not his actual theme

Attached: 1453804502369.jpg (180x192, 16K)

I'm all Rawhide though. 4 extra combos really makes it easy to keep style up.

I swear he said that was just a rumour. regardless, it works really well for Vergil. he's got such a weird voice. maybe once I have the time I'll practice some lines and post them here. I have a good idea as to what kind of voice I should do for a female equivalent of Vergil, just haven't recorded anything yet. we'll see!
thanks for the advice btw, that's what I've been doing. I usually push my words up into my palate, but that seems to be a good word of advice.

Attached: 1344815614107.png (350x350, 69K)

>D rank Dante vs Vergil

Getting rid of Kari Wahlgren's tough tomboy voice didn't help at all. She was in 3 and vanilla 4. But dubbed over in 4SE as well as the new scenes in 4.

Attached: 1552362582254m.jpg (768x1024, 62K)

I practically ignore breakers
I hate expendable weapon systems and it doesnt help half the breakers feel lackluster
Gerbera is probably the one Ive used the most though since the infinite dodges on it is nice

I pretty much only use tomboy, I figured I don't need to evade if I can kill them fast enough

I didn't even know you could get a rank below B.

Remember that you can map buttons to the D pad for Nero and V lad, you will probably want to put devil break there for Nero.

No prob man. Just remember to have fun with it and don't stress yourself out if it all doesn't click right away. Dante has more in his kit than you are ever expected to really use so he is easily the most daunting character to play unless you've been around the block with this series before.

Keep practicing and you'll get there

Attached: 3143292-1072120142-devil.jpg (1280x720, 284K)

any good lady pics?

the internet is absolutely fucking brimming with them

Subhuman's the best normal combat theme in the game so I see no reason why I would change it.

anyone got that webm with nero and DT vergil in the flipping van?

It probably helps that he also always wanted it in DMC.

Whats the timing on using the buster arm when Vergil is in jet mode? I want suplex his ass.

Give me the link brah.

There’s an user here who knows dan personally. He got Dan to hear my voice recordings and all, so I’m hoping he still lurks here so he can help us out. You got this user. Are you planning to see him during an event he’s doing in america?

I'm an /Overture/ guy myself. It's simple, powerful and looks the most stylish out of them all. Nero's triple jump doesn't make Gerbera as useful in post-game.

Attached: 1552393272586.webm (1280x720, 1.32M)

ty

ROYALGUARD
ROYALGUARD
ROYALGUARD
ROYALGUARD
ROYALGUARD
ROYALGUARD

I use Subhuman for playthroughs. DMC4 for missions i replay to style on niggers.

Any cool mods yet? Ones you're hoping for other than the obvious breaker switcher?

Attached: 1475848208897.png (925x758, 379K)

>like
almost everything
>dislike
Urizen 2
Vergil 5 is too easy
only 1 full multiplayer mission
Chapter 8 and 10 having bosses that make them hard as fuck to S-rank
Phantom never came back from vacation

Attached: 1552260438975.gif (309x374, 1.11M)

Wait you can buster counter that?!

Gold orbs are one hell of a drug.

There’s an all characters in any level mod

Who else /lovecapcomsincechildhood/ here?

>Always been a fan of DMC
>Also a poor fag, have yet to play DMC 4, DmC or 5
>Also have a friend that until 2-3 months ago never experienced any of the games
>Bought the collection and I played it with him, alternating between Missions
>mfw I saw him trying to fight Nevan 3 times like a scrub(he is learning the ropes, okay?)
>Mfw I died like 5 times against Beowulf
>He tells me he is planning on selling his Metro Exodus to buy DMC 5
>He just told me that he bought DMC 4
Its like im in highshool again, playing again after like a decade and seeing my friend experience something "new" was/is being so much fun, and now ill also be able to play with him 4 and 5 for the first time myself.

Drive on Rebellion and SPAAARDA
I get giving Dante fancy new toys but it's kinda bullshit they had to take away some of Rebellion's in the process. It's already outclassed by Dante, why mKe them worse?

Attached: MORE_POWER.gif (360x276, 2.42M)

mega.nz/#F!zNFFCaja!KIUckpDGSnCP0voftKYM2g
not sure if you were asking for the full folder of voicelines or just the one I mentioned, but here's the full thing. unfortunately I can't find the one I mentioned, anyways.

if he came to Canada, I'd sure as fuck want to meet him. Dan is adorable.

>triple jump
More like infinite jumps

like a second before, it's not frame perfect like Royal Guard. You need to do it in advance.

Attached: FEATURING_THE_PARFAIT_FROM_DEVIL_MAY_CRY.png (851x768, 771K)

Got a webm? I'm curious what this looks like but i can't get to my PS4 rn.

Attached: I did it.webm (1280x720, 2.12M)

>breaker switcher
I get feeling like it's needed early game but by the end of the game you can plan ahead with 8 of the damn things and it's really not needed. Even more so once Nero gets his DT and bringer back

Is it impossible to get an S on mission 8 or something?
I thought I was trash but it looks like it's relatively hard to get

How do I fight the scissor demons?

>S ranked everything on human
>S ranked everything on Devil Hunter
>halfway through SoS
>realize I also need to S rank DMD and motherfucking Hell or Hell
fuck me dude, I think I'll not get this achievement for S-ranking everything

>like
The gameplay. Holy shit did they nail it this time, and I legit can't find any notable flaws, and there are too many good things to really cover in a single post. Masterful.
Subhuman really grew on me, as did CC
Royal Guard is actually fun now
The Vergil fight is really good, if not quite on par with the last one in 3
First 2/3rds of the game is legit 10/10

>dislike
Story becomes a little rushed and nonsensical around m17 and onward
Loading screens fucking everywhere. Seriously makes it a bit of a chore
That stupidly long game over screen where you have to select "give up" every time, then watch a dumb cutscene. Nigga just let me play
Vergil's boss theme isn't nearly as memorable as it is in 3, and the Nero version is just a remix of Devil Trigger

i don't think you can rg judgement cut end as well although im not sure i had much dt so it *might* of been that

I'm going to say the J word

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 114K)

not 100% sure but I think theres a handful of enemy encounters with only like 3 spawns that will reduce your rank if you go for them

oh fuck yeah

>Chapter 8 and 10 having bosses that make them hard as fuck to S-rank
The key is garnering enough stylish points before hand so that it doesn't matter. In mission 10 before the Urizen battle, I had exactly 4333 style points. After the mission, I S-Ranked with 5199.

Come the fuck on, this should definitely knock him out of SDT

You can.
youtu.be/WPQc0klvriM?t=323

You can
Perfect blocking it gives you like 1.5-2 DT orbs
Regular block will work though but it eats alot of DT orbs

You have to survive as long as possible with as high style as you can manage against Urizen. That's the key to getting S-rank on that mission.

Attached: 1547153197133.jpg (591x643, 206K)

WITH ALL THE ASSET RIPPING AND DATA MINING BULLSHIT

WHY HAS NO ONE RIPPED THE FUCKING CHARACTER ICONS

The same way as in DMC1. Attack them at the right moment they are attacking so you get a counter "clash" and then shoot them. They die immediately.

>reduce your rank if you go for them
What

I get what you're saying. I prefer playing Nero cause his kit feels made to compliment each other so well.
Dante CAN have this synergy but all his shit is so bloated he feels more like the dick around character than anything else

The key is also exceed/DTing with Nero, and using his new divekick to max-ACT, then with Dante just have full Sin bar and a full DT bar too and wreck Urizen's shit before he can make a move. Shit is easy.

>Devil Buster Arm deals much more damage than the alternative and even more when charged
>Rebellion lacks drive
I mean, I'm upset, but I bruteforced my way through the last five DMD levels besides the Nero levels.
Nero just feels like he has too many options now even though it's still less than Dante.

V on DMD was just pure fucking suffering though.
Two proto angelos at once, just standing on a ledge reading a book at them for five minutes while spamming buttons.

YOU CANNOT KILL ME
I AM OMEGA

RAWHIDE FUCKING SUCKS!

Attached: 1552357679981.webm (912x512, 406K)

Does anybody here have any images of Nero x Kyrie? For some reason, I just love that ship

Your style is calculated by the average of how you do across all fights. More fights = more chance for that average to get lower. So avoid optional fights, don't hit random mooks or the style meter will go DISMAL and you'll have that as your average even if you flee the area.

Ironically when I was poking around in the files I did find the icons, I just never exported them. Shit, user. I really should have. I wanted to make stickers of them, too (I permadeleted the extracted files literally 10 minutes ago, had to free up space on my SSD).

Rawhide is OP as shit you fucking faggot nigger.

I'm mad I started on Human, realized its piss easy a few missions in and I dont feel like restarting

nero is for nico

>everything you like
- Gorgeous game, loved the Red Grave City segments and everyone's animations in combat and cutscenes were perfection
- Dante's weapons and Nero's Devil Bringers have a great amount of depth without being too cumbersome
- V was a fun addition both storywise and to play with
- Bosses and enemy types all have great designs are fun to fight, and they blended nostalgia with new stuff great, nearly all of them were fun to fight and learn
- upgrades feel fairly priced
- most of the music was solid, even the non-battle tracks

>everything you dislike
- Colors (especially inside the tree) can blend together at times
- loading screens get in the way a bit (probably not a problem on PC)
- Lack of costumes
- Pausing skipping cutscenes is dumb

>nitpicks
- would've liked to see a little more boss banter
- no cool scenes of Lady/Trish killing demons
- Gilgamesh was a little boring (but still fun)
- would've liked an extra mission or two at the end to keep it from feeling rushed; maybe a co-op fight of Dante and Vergil vs the Qliphoth roots
- I still liked Vergil's battle theme vs Dante but I would've liked a more orchestral track instead, you could've swapped Urizen's fight theme from mission 17 and Vergil's and I would've been happy

>Not enjoying stringing an entire room into a combo and throwing people across the room
you are dead weight

which is why it sucks you mega pleb.
way to out yourself

Style averages between all your total encounters. Shorter encounters will always lower your total since there was overall less time to rack up style points.
up
at least it's not Helter Skelter

This.
The game was very obviously designed for multiple playthroughs, with forcing a playthrough on Normal and locking Nero's DT and og Devil Bringer until the final mission.
For serious play you should your full magazine filled with what you want to use for the level you are playing on.

Sounds like a you problem.

Attached: Screenshot_17.png (499x534, 592K)

>Each game Dante gets stronger and stronger
>wipes Urizen, who is supposedly stronger than Mundus
>gets knocked back every post-boss cutscene as if he got his ass handed to him but in reality walks it off five seconds later
>gets his own personal Devil Arm
>already fucked up Argosax
>already escaped the deemuhn world once in DMC2

Is Dante pretty much unbeatable at this point?

Oh so all the other breakers are fine, like Buster Arm which literally one-shots Proto Angelos on DMD?

RE7 was good, because it wasn't written by japanese.

What actually are the determining factors for your ranking after you finish a level? I'm halfway through SoS and I'm still not sure if clear time is a contributing factor at all.

>Passive hook upgrade
>Wide as fuck extra combo
>Ridiculous Break Age
No

Hit the nail on the head. I don't use Nero's dive kick that often, but you just described exactly what I did for both my S rank runs. It's much easier to amass style with Nero, since you can easily exploit his wire snatch and jump cancel enemies to infinity while never needing to worry about damage since you're never on the ground. In Dante's case, Sin DT stacks up the stylish meter so fast that I don't need to worry if I get hit once or twice so long as I get back to at least an S. Dante's "rising dragon" (whatever the Barlog equivalent to Beowulf's is) is also a monumental tool in racking up style with Dante for me.

Wow, that kinda sucks.
I thought those encounters were there to give you an extra boost to your style points

Who let the dead weights in again?

Time you spent at a high style rank. So if you go for S-SSS at the start of a fight on one or two enemies, use the rest to keep that style maintained as long as you can. You drag out your fights, and you'll see massive style points per encounter. Still not sure how I feel about it, since I associate style alongside speed, but I'm getting used to taking my time and dragging out the fights now.

>implying that I’m not fine with a threesome
Ultimately, Dante’s financial debts will do him in

>everything you like
The weapons
The enemies
Most of the bosses
The new characters (nico, V, griffon, etc.)
Most of the soundtrack
The fun cutscenes were fun, the dialogue too
I was iffy about realistic artstyle but all the details they crammed into demon design grew on me

>everything you dislike
Trish's design (specially hair) looks like shit, lady's clothes make no sense, vergil looks weird
I feel like some of the plot-heavy cutscenes could have been handled better
The tree wasn't as interesting of a plot device/environment as I hoped for
Lady and Trish didn't really do anything, I was hoping for them to deliver some ass kicking
Nero's new DT looks weird

It's only style points

This. It became immediately apparent to me while I was trying to S rank mission 18. Avoided all the fucks like the plague.

Attached: 1550677377298.png (830x866, 461K)

>People actually like Patty

Attached: 434.gif (550x340, 2.9M)

A good way to S rank mission 18 on SoS/DMD is to start each summon fight using Kalina Ann's gunslinger laser beam to get to A-S then use trickster, Royal Guard, and Coyote to break the cores open and Balrog punches to maintain your style. I know it's no use to you now you've done it, user but hopefully others can share our pain and find a way with our help.

where are the modding tools for this game? i want to change nero's EX hair to white because the brown ruins an otherwise great costume

WHo was the kid who wanted dante to come to her birthday?
Also why was he such an asshole about it?

>plays a game about being stylish
>chooses his weapons for their mechanics and not their style
yikes

Never see this discussed ever so I'll ask here. Does Danted have a normal human lifespan? Is he going to die in his 80's?

Patty from the anime. He's allergic to pussy.

Shut up

Attached: 1425145160350.jpg (208x294, 17K)

>arguing about weapon choice instead of being real niggas and beating Son of Sparda to unlock Dante's skill to wield EVERY weapon at once

faggots

Attached: 0672a02e385ca3a2b7074f4f02f1c6a1.jpg (384x384, 18K)

It was Patty. There was going to be a lot of normal people there since it was her 18th birthday. He still wants to celebrate it, but in the Devil May Cry way with all of that group.

Attached: 56643.jpg (589x69, 19K)

triple jump + gerbera + air taunt + roulette = you can basically fly

He ages normally unless he's in DT. Since he's probably spent a few days or so in total of his lifetime in DT, he's likely around the age he looks, late forties/early fifties. We don't know if he can die of old age though, maybe, hope we never find out.

>triple jump
ive done one play through on dh, when do you get triple jump?

Furies and Hell Judeccas are just infuriating. All they fucking do is run away.

buy it at shop after beating the game
Same for charged shot and the DT moves from 4

There's videos on jewtube with demonstration on how to deal with those cunts.

oh, thanks
is it in the general skills?

Devil Bringer

Nah, user. That's actually very helpful. I've intentionally held of SoS until S-ranking DH in its entirety. I haven't gotten to mission 18 in SoS yet, and was already brainstorming tactics on how to deal with Shadow. Griffon was never a problem since my strat was always:

>Barlog. Blowmode.
>TRICK
>JC while shuffling Barlog, DSD, and Cerberus
>Griffin stalemates
>SWORD
>Barlog. Blowmode.
>Punch. Punch. Rising Dragon.
>Instant S-SS.

But I found Shadow particularly aggravating and had to rely on DMC1 tactics of shoot and dodge all over again. I never figured Kalina Ann's laser would have done the trick, though. I thought it would leave me too vulnerable against Shadow. I'll be sure to test it.

Attached: 1550217592452.jpg (588x588, 30K)

Attached: 1551577449561.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

DMC4 models for Dante and Nero. That's all I want. Then it will be the perfect DMC game.

>still looking through voice lines
>dante combat lines
>"Heh.. looks like I blew my wad!"

when the fuck does he say this in game?

Attached: 1429106193803.png (655x642, 405K)

I keep fucking up getting Real Impact with Balrog. I can get all the Rising Dragon variants but for some reason Real Impact just doesn't work for me - is the input window for it different, like holding down the Style button instead of tapping? Is it as simple an answer as that?

A good safety net is to have RG equipped and enter the fight. Switch to GS, laser Shadow (the laser stunlocks even Vergil 1 on DMD in M19 after you stagger him with round trip), and it'll go crystal mode. Taunt again, laser, it'll be on its last legs. Trickster above it, gunslinger downward to blow it up a few times while airborne, when it's in crystal mode again just punch it over and over with Balrog til the cutscene hits. I usually get 6100-6700 per encoutner with the summons.

and Dante

Attached: 1542664961048.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

>Dante says that he’s not exactly a
young man anymore
>He contemplates his own lifespan in relation to Sparda’s and wonders when he’ll be considered an old man
Kamiya canon gives him the lifespan of a normal human in perfect health while not in DT, while Itsuno's seems to be hinting at increased longevity.

No way that was on DMD, those fags teleport out after you hit them twice and their HP bar doesnt go down nearly as fucking quick

It's not but it works on DMD the same way. The trick is to it exactly hot is there. No exceed no DT or anyting else. You must catch them at the right height. On DMD you just repeat more often.

can I not buy the music packs separately from the entire deluxe upgrade?
i want them but i dont want these stupid meme megaman and spaghetti devil breakers in my game

If Drive works on all swords then I'm just stupid who never noticed it, but I'm pretty sure it only works on DSD with the 4input for it becoming round trip.

>Have to push L2 every time you finish a combo

Gee I wonder...

We'll be playing as wheelchair Dante in 6 and 7.

Attached: glitter.jpg (1731x969, 94K)

There's a video on Youtube shared last thread that has a consistent SoS/DMD strategy that worked for me, here you go brothers. youtube.com/watch?v=oEOpf1jDumc

thats insane

Also would like to keep Scissors old voicing, it's scarier than new one.

I think
is better since they can't actually get out of it. Sometimes they survive with a little HP if they DT on high health but that's it.
It's perfectly works out for the thing to be stunned and your fire activating.

Is precure any good

shit that looks like it works way better than revolver spam with cerberus like Ive been doing
Especially since it looks like the greaves attack will catch the side attacks he does to

Dude in PSN it launched like thursday

Based and saved. Thanks, user.

Attached: 1544712840259.png (877x1079, 599K)

>rev during Nero's Air Taunt
>max act it

Attached: 1546582312175.png (500x421, 214K)

The thing is with the other user is he said that's not on a higher difficulty, whereas vid related the spinny kick thing they do with Balrog seems to clip the parry hitbox no matter what angle the Fury attacks from. I'd take that over hoping I string the combo together correctly in a hectic situation desu.

>mega.nz/#F!zNFFCaja!KIUckpDGSnCP0voftKYM2g
Thanks.

Try pixiv: pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag_full&word=ネロキリ

Attached: tumblr_pnzx7uplWL1y6tzcjo1_1280.jpg (504x1501, 320K)

And I just told you that it works on DMD since I tested it.
You can do the beginning however you want either way what are you on about?

Is there at least concept art of DMC5 Kyrie?

Attached: [Ohys-Raws] Idol Time PriPara - 36 (TX 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_13.36_[2017.12.10_06.30.51].j (1280x720, 118K)

In his damn neck

>Nero gets to come home to that
>All that time when Nero is out on the job, Kyrie gets needy
>Practically rapes him when he gets back

Gotta be in Ignition mode.

Ignition has to be on to do RI and Kick mode's forward input

exactly ack ack ack
piece of shit viewers didn't give me enough tips so i used gold orbs on all the bosses and face tanked my way through ack ack acak *snort*

Attached: F04DE302-002A-40C6-BB7A-F88C7E634E90.png (956x1039, 901K)

>
Faust gives you a hat
Dante has a mad kit
Nero is more fleshed out now
Faust can give enemies hats
V has an interesting play style
>
I'm bad with V
Enemies felt very underwhelming on devil hunter, bosses felt pretty underwhelming until DMD (except vergil)
V's kit doesn't really expand later on at all, like the other 2 do (like with Nero's other fap gauntlets and dt/sutando and dante's weapons)
People use el donte recolour without knowing what it represents, likely just because, "ooh, look, ex outfit"
Crazy difficult to get below A rank on missions, I'm getting A and even S ranks with retries (fuck gold orbs)

>tfw I don't use gold orb because it makes me feel like I didn't actually beat the bosses

Attached: 1543838735959.webm (512x448, 2.94M)

Then you have the correct mindset user because thats true

Yes
>Where to start with Precure
Watch Futari wa Precure(it still holds up) then watch whatever catches your attention in terms of designs, theme, etc.
Personal Recommendations
Heart Catch, Smile, Yes 5, Doki Doki (but be prepared for an irritating bit for the second half. I do think the finale pays off for what happens but it sours you pretty badly at first after what it seems to be setting up to. The fights are top tier though.)

Attached: DA BES.webm (512x288, 2.77M)

Attached: mega-man-legends.png (960x720, 1.08M)

You should get Human out of the way.
It's honestly awful, so get all those S's and never touch it again.

I was honestly surprised to learn that ps2 games were mocapped. I always thought it was a technique that came way later into the industry.

Drives a giant Van around upgrades weapons for a price Nico is just Roll

Nico = Roll

Attached: mega-man-weapon-upgrade.jpg (800x600, 92K)

Nigga the default camera is only shit in like 2-4 areas. If you can't tell where your character is, that's on you being blind as a bat and you should probably get your vision checked.

>playing Mission 7
>never been able to play it with another person
>patiently wait in the lobby section for the Nero to complete his section
>help him as much as I can with the Antenora spawner through the rubble
>lose style points because of it
>keep waiting
>he disappears

I swear I'm being trolled by people saying you can co-op that level. I've played it like a dozen times now. It never works.

Sorry, I was wrong. Drive is just for DSD. Danse Macabre is universal, though.

digit and amoeba, dude

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE, DANTE!

Also watch Symphogear
youtu.be/RNMkF3w6qWQ?t=311 (5:12)

Been slowly watching Futari wa and enjoying it. Is Max Heart worth watching too after I'm done?

It's ok but not as good as Futari wa, it shafts Honoka and gives Nagisa a lot more focus in terms of character development, fights are solid.
It's an alright sequel but not nearly as good as Futari wa.

that's because you need a second player to do it

Found it, it's track 67.

hell a bunch of psx games were mocapped

Does Rawhide have any other combos than
hit -> delay -> hit
for that further reaching one?

Thank you!

What about a yandere demon that has a pure love of Crazy and doesn't like sharing?

doesn't matter anyway because you still get penalized for starting from the checkpoint

>>evything you dislike
Lady's voice, Trish's face and voice, Nero's theme, Virgil pandering.

>everything you dislike
>Vergil pandering

Go fuck your self, mate.

Attached: 1529821660684.png (240x262, 91K)

>Clunky
lol no Dante is probably the most overpowered character in game. His fucking moveset saves Dante Must Die from being a damage sponge fest.

>Hell or Hell
>Enemies have shitton of health
>you die in one shit

Imagine doing this to yourself

Attached: 1474568349974.jpg (426x426, 53K)

Like: Almost everything.
Dislike: Vergil is made out to be a whiny baby in this who completely retreads his character arc in DMC3. Only two bosses in the game are even worth replaying

to be fair considering the whole "brainwashed by mundus" thing he's stuck at forever being an autistic manchild

Imagine having to get all missions on S in Hell or Hell. kill me

Attached: 1552015043101.jpg (600x703, 42K)

mfw DMC4 only had 1 boss worth replaying: Credo

>Only 2 bosses are worth replaying
Only 2 bosses are boring enough to bother skipping.

>Parrying round trip with real impact
jesus fuck

>New Cerberus makes me nut

>No Vergil 3 remix or remaster on mission 19 wtf

Attached: No smiles.jpg (207x244, 6K)

Mission 19 could've used some Devils Never Cry remix

we had psycho siren the mission before ffs

>while Griffin, Shadow and Nightmare fights had remixes

Everything.

It ended.

>tfw played literally every segment as Dante with just Balrog
Is there such a thing as too good of a weapon? I don't think i'll ever get bored of beating the shit out of demons before uppercutting them into the stratosphere.

Attached: 1411585254235.png (500x500, 193K)

>the next game
user...

King C and Balrog are the best thing to ever happen in my life

That, Kalina Ann and Balrog reminded me of my cheesing strats in 1.

Attached: dante embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 19K)

Now I'm just imagining a geriatric Dante shouting "woo-hoo" and eating pizza while styling on demons with his pimped out demon-wheelchair with sawblades for wheels and a mounted turret on the back.

>Parrying with Balrog

Attached: 1552243091225.png (138x194, 63K)

It's hilarious seeing all the newfags crying over Dante being so technical. I prefer DMC3 Dante assigned style myself, but get over it and git gud. Or Stick to Nero. There's a reason he's the new protag. It's so that zoomers like yourself have someone to play.

It's really fucking wierd because they even made a Devil's Never Cry remix for the history video, and they used it for nothing else

Attached: dmc 6 dante leak.jpg (722x571, 292K)

Not him but overusage will diminish a character. Vergil is so cool in DMC3 because he's a mirror to the protag, grows alongside the player, fits organically into the game, and isn't hyped up at every possible turn. When Vergil is hype in DMC3 it's because this subdued character just dropped a memorable line and the music let you know he's about to kick your ass, he didn't need every cutscene to suck his dick. If the game has to constantly try to remind you something is cool, you eventually stop believing it.

>Finishing off a boss with Real Impact
It should be illegal for a move to feel that satisfying

Attached: 1358053605932.jpg (352x338, 108K)

>Rest of game has callbacks and continuity fanservice
>We could've had some unholy mashup remix of Ultra Violet and Path to Power for the climactic rematch
>Just got some bland bgm
My disappoint is minor, but noteworthy.

Attached: 1529379468390.jpg (700x220, 46K)

>Hell or Hell
>Unlocked after Dante Must Die
>Not named "Devils Must Cry"

Attached: 1484710697627.jpg (482x482, 84K)

>Fury bamfs in right next to you
>you were spamming jabs ever since he teleported
>immediately gets knocked on his ass
>IGNITION
I always fall back to them even when I'm trying not to

Also it's a sin to bring back griffon but never call him featherface once.

>Verhil doesn't apply magic gel to his hair to make stand out
LOST POTENTIAL

what happens if you go in to the boss battle before them? what about when you both go in and skip the cutscene?

Balrog having its own voice really adds to the weapon for me. It's like having a fighting game announcer hyping you up while you do cool shit.

how does that work? like you can have sparda, rebellion, and dsd?

Do you work in a call center?

I like the idea of being a dark wizard shadowmancer that lets his minions do most of the work for him. Combine that with in depth combat unlike most games that attempt this and you get one sweet character.

Only issue is its easy to get SSS on V in the starting difficulties. Although dante also has a super easy time getting SSS in my experience.

griffon

>Kick mode charges faster
that only charges while holding attack right? and blow is with punches?
i guess it does seem faster?

Does anyone have a Webm of Dante and Vergil DT'ing and staring each other down?

thankfully you can just jump straight down to fights once you get all the fragments/secret missions out of the way.

that "scum" was weak as fuck
you need to say it like "SHHHHCUM-MUH"

>it's clunky because I can't git gud

DMC5 Dante is an absolute joy to play and Itsuno is the most based man who ever lived for giving him to us.

I'm happy for you user

Git gud

What am I supposed to do with Nero's ghost arm double exceed shit? Jesus. I will never get the timing down on that and normal exceed at the same time if it's necessary for stylish play

Nah, Vergil gave me the hardest time.

blow it up

Just don't install them

pussy

>tfw everyone says V is the easiest to get SSS with
>got my first SSS when I got to Dante.
How do I play him bros?

He has two weapons that you control simultaneously and have their own health bars. You can use DT to power them up, summon a third, or instakill a bunch of guys if they are weak enough.
You can bring the cat back to you with a side dodge and the bird with a double jump.
Stay close to enemies to have your dummons do more damage, recall them to you when they are under attack, read your book when you can.

How?

I got tons of DBZ vibes as soon as SDT happened, and i loved every second of it.

this was cringe

I've only had it happen once, but when it did, the other guy beat me down to the theater. When I attempted to skip the cutscene, it told me I had to wait for the other guy.