Why is Microsoft giving us less and less reasons to buy an Xbox One?

Why is Microsoft giving us less and less reasons to buy an Xbox One?

Attached: A760391E-E5DA-4FD2-86B7-732162CA1373.jpg (994x560, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/454179625/#454188174
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/454179625/#454203260
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/20/sony-to-take-a-loss-on-playstation-4-sales/
google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2018/10/30/sony-playstation-4-sales-increasing/
youtube.com/watch?v=nWWkzV_nHz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you buy their games, they make more money.

Because they own both Windows and Xbox.
So no matter where you're going, it's money in their pocket.

They will never go bankrupt, same goes for Nintendo, unlike Sony..

Because even they know that Xbone has failed.

How many times are you going to make this thread?

Microsoft are basically going pseudo-third party now.

The Xbox division has lost money three generations in a row. They know they just can't compete with Sony and Nintendo in the conventional arena, so they're trying to dig themselves in for when Google and Amazon inevitable enter the race. It's why Phil's been shilling the cancerous GAMES AS A SERVICE model for the last few years.

OPTIONS BAD
RESTRICTIONS GOOD

based microsoft trying to stop people from wasting their money

microsoft already started that shit when they first announced that Play Anywhere initiative a few years ago. they dug themselves an early grave.

but they keep putting their "exclusives" on steam where they can be played on linux through proton. doesn't make much sense.

>where they can be played on linux through proton
by millions of players no doubt

If you haven't bought an Xbone copy of MCC yet, you won't be buying it. Releasing older games on different platforms after their life cycle is just more money.

Why does anybody make PC games when they'll just get cracked and pirated. doesn't make much sense

Because they are about to announce their new console.

The Xbox division does nothing but lose money from hardware sales. Conversely, they make a ton of money from their software.
Eliminate hardware and Xbox will rake in tons of cash. I think the next Xbox will be the last.

>Sony will go bankrupt
Just like Trump would never be elected right?

so? as long as "play anywhere" exists, there will never be any reason to buy any more of microsoft's glorified paperweights.

>heheh if i bring politics into this vidya discussion i can make my opponent look like an SJW and win by default!

Enough consoles, it's literally a neutered PC. Let this meme die it was fun while it lasted

Because the real reason is that putting games on PC will not put any significant pressure on the Xbox team
PC releases =/= less console sales

>Sony will go Bankrupt
[Needs Citation]

>PC releases =/= less console sales
Literally about to be outsold by the Switch despite a 3 year gap bro

Tell that to the people who buy consoles just for COD/FIFA.
Most people just want a cheap way to play games, they don't care the game is on other platforms or not.

To all the economic brainlets, Sony won't go bankrupt because the goverment of Japan will do whatever it takes to keep their most powerful corporation alive, the term "zombie corporation" and "zombie economy" was literally created because of Japan doing what they do best, bailouts and lending money to corporation to keep them alive despite they not providing revenue.

This wouldn't change even all Xbone games never release on PC.

Backwards compatible
God tier UI
4 free games a month
Game pass
God tier media center
Only 500 dollars compared to having to spend over 3k for a decent gaming PC

There's still a lot to love about Xbox and it is still the best option if you don't want to shell out over 3k for a PC

I have to admit that seeing their recent doings makes me regret getting into Xbox ecosystem. If few years ago I'd buy PS4 I could have every single game released this gen on PC. But this shit? Fuck man.

and how exactly is sony going bankrupt
their profits have been way up
PS+ alone made more money last year than all of nintendo
but i'm sure you know something no one else does

Does every retard on this board not realize there's still a lot of people that don't want to build a pc and still want to play shit like Gears and Halo instead of PS4 games?

Attached: 130719130758.jpg (425x412, 20K)

wanted to play it with mouse and keyboard, i can't play fps with controllers

Sony Pictures have also managed to turn things around in the last few years thanks to shitcanning Amy Pascal.

welcome to Yea Forums, where facts don't matter and sony is always "doomed."

how much do you get paid per post you third world shill?

sonysharts are fucking pathetic jesus christ.

I realize and i respect your choice user

>over 3k for a decent gaming PC
kek

>don't wanna build a pc
oh so you're either poor or stupid

there aren't nearly enough of those people to keep microsoft from being the distant third-place losers of this generation.

I don't know I just saw you we're being a faggot by bringing trump into this.

nah they are still stuck in teh console war of 2008

To be fair Xbone is so worthless Microsoft is doing us a favor by putting anything worthwhile on PC

>zombie company is a thing
how the fuck does debt work in countries?

I honestly lost a lot of respect today for xbox. Literally no reason for me to own my One now, and odds are the next console will be no different. Stayed with xbox since the OG but I'm probably gonna stop.

Poor sportsmanship mate
great move by M$, lot of people who arent PC Savvy will buy xbox one to team up with PC bros.

Havent seen these levels of rage since gamergate lolololol

They don't care, they're still getting your money

There has been a lot of sony shilling since the announcement

Enjoy upgrading your PC every other year just to play new games loser

lol he's salty as shit about it

Attached: Schizophrenia.jpg (1445x1892, 991K)

You can't stay with Xbox unless you don't buy Microsoft games anymore.

They're calling you a stupid cuck sissy for being the xbone LMAO THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF XBOX BROS

>implying pc mustards aren't just going to pirate it anyway

Despite what Xdrones here will tell you, Microsoft is 100% gearing up to leave the console business, Consoles just aren't profitable anymore unless your Nintendo, Microsoft knows this and they know they can still make bank on consoles without actually making one which is why they've started porting all their games and Xbox Live to non-xbox devices, since Xbox Live and their games division are the only thing that makes them money with the Xbox, but it will be long since they have to plan and port everything and work out the kinks of Xbox Live on the Switch and shit, and it probably won't be until the next generation is over that they announce it.

Attached: 1552413598834.png (834x600, 39K)

cool fanfic

Can you blame him? He was Xbox's biggest cheerleader.

>can't play MP or custom games
why even bother

>God Teir UI
You have very low standards if you believe this

This has got to be ironic. I thought what I found was the worst there was, but what you posted puts it to shame

Attached: upset fanboy.png (1283x826, 1.59M)

>fanfic
It's reality, cope harder Xdrone. You're shit is done, you'll either have to become a PCplanet or a Nintendork.

>planning to releases four new boxes in the next two years
uh huh, gearing up alright

They sale operating systems for PCs too you know

I'm just disappointed.
I loved BC and some games (mostly Recore) but nowadays it's just disappointment after disappointment.
> Outer Worlds is multiplat so for next 5 years idc who has Obsidian
> Crackdown 3 ended up much worse than Crackdown 1
> Halo on PC
As long as you have PC, Xbox ends up being a retarded choice. Play Anywhere didn't get big so it only includes some 1st party games.

The only thing about the new Xbox's that been even slightly confirmed is the name of the streaming box(maverick) and the anaconda, stop believing WCCFtech rumors.

Because Xcucks don't buy games and they're going third party

wow, 30 people on linux playing master chief collection guess microsoft better be worrying

>xcucks
>xdrones
>xbox bad
why is everybody so angry at xbros today

putting their most popular xbox exclusive to pc was a huge middle finger to xbros

>This Xnigger seething this hard

This and the news that the Cucknitiative will be a AA studio has been wonderful.

> Outer Worlds is multiplat so for next 5 years idc who has Obsidian

Do you even know who is publishing this game?

sony shills. literally the worst fanbase.

Attached: 1545924348842.jpg (1451x688, 340K)

Because they're applauding the death of their console like cucks.

is it cross play? great move if it is, lotta 40 year old dads are gunna by xbones for the nostalgia

Making a slow exit from the hardware business seems most likely. They'll release another console just but with no compelling reasons to purchase it they can transition people over to streaming and subscription services easier.

It just Sony shills.

>nintendo
>most consumer-friendly company in the industry
>xbox
>gets polished exclusives

Attached: thingsthatneverhappened.jpg (550x474, 45K)

kek what are xbox one x and s then nigger

still don't understand they are people who prefere to play on console and people who prefer to play onj pc.

>This E3 Microsoft is going to drop the bombs, just you wait!

Been hearing that for the last 8 years

Attached: E3TIME.gif (500x281, 863K)

>labo

Attached: download (30).jpg (275x183, 14K)

Microsoft killed their entire console for five minutes of fame on Steam.

People keep saying this while probably forgetting MS's ENTIRE cloud division. They're gearing up for an all digital future which is going to offer only downloads or streamed games. They're not going to eliminate the Xbox because it's an already established brand and it's a good way to label stream boxes as Xboxes. It'll make it easier for the public to know what the fuck they're looking at.

>$3000

There are idiots who still believe this shit.

Look everyone! It's another person who thinks Sony have only one division and don't hold the patents and licences for major technology and will generate money forever.

are you ok

steam windows 10 users retard

they don't compete with steam

>Leaving the console business

That has a negative connotation to it. I'd phrase it more like they're trying to morph the industry into something else that will be more beneficial to them than the current status quo which they've learned they cannot conquer. That coincidently involves consoles not being what we're used to them being.

However if you've been a big xbox console warrior type guy for the past 18 years yeah you're gonna get run over by this change.

Tired of ignored Microcucks who can't spend two minutes googling what companies actually do.

But the 500 budget pc meme is equally retarded. I'll just buy a one x before limping into the pc world

t.

Attached: 1521747595628.jpg (800x1011, 85K)

To be fair, ot usually in response to equally ignorant xbox speculation.

I bought one last Black Friday. I am fine with it. It's backward compatible with a fair share of Xbox 360 and even Xbox games. It has more apps than my smart TV, including Kodi. It reads cd, dvd, bluray and 4K bluray. I'm not using physical media much, but I like the idea of having something in the living room that can play them all if needed. Got it for right under 200€, taxes and shipping included, with two controllers, a PC charging kit, and two months of gamepass (that I pretty much wasted, still I tried it out for myself).
TL;DR: the One S on sales (with happens severel times a year) feel like good value to me even if I'm not really playing games on it (still there is some exclusive stuff like ninja gaiden black, lost odyssey, and I prefer the console version of Diablo 3)

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/454179625/#454188174
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/454179625/#454203260

There never was a reason?

Attached: thedayquiltycameback.png (1366x2975, 598K)

>But the 500 budget pc meme is equally retarded.
Have you even looked into these builds? They're great 1080p 60 fps machines.

Cope. Xbox is dead, niglet.

I just want to play vidya
Halo is good vidya
xbone pc crossplay is good vidya
steam getting halo is good vidya
cheer up bruz, if you dont like it just ignore it :)

Last years Xbox e3 was great unless you orefer sonys shortass glitchfest with DOOTS

yeah, realistically high-end pc will cost more than 3000 euros and not 3000 dollaridoos

cheap i3
gtx 1050
8gb ddr4
1tb harddrive
450w power supply
cheap mobo
cheap case

easily 500$, and will blow consoles out of the water performance wise

why do people think upgrading your PC isn't fun as fuck?

Given Microsoft's history, they might end up owning Linux in the future so its not like its a big deal.

>gtx 1050
>not even the Ti version(though that wouldn't be much better)

Uh yeah, no. Budget PC gaming has, and will always be, a meme.

I know it's 2K. But from perspective of chosen hardware it does not matter. I'll enjoy Outer Worlds no matter which console I have.

>it doesn't count because I said so
ok
a 570 is 140 burgers and is between ps4 pro and xbone x. medium-high settings 1080p 60 fps depending on the game.

Because the Xbox One is a piece of shit. Why should anyone care about a console that’s getting replaced next year by two consoles with better names and won’t have that shitty “One” name attached to them?

Xbox One is done and they know it. It seems like for now, at least as far as the PC market goes, they're trying a softer approach: "you can buy our games on Steam but you gotta register on our service too. Oh, btw, now that you're here you might want to check out the other shit we're selling, like the Game Pass, or maybe you want to spend 100 Microsoft points to get a 20% discount if you buy the next game here instead?"
What they'll do if they do decide to stay in the console market? Who knows.

They’re games aren’t coming to PS4 or Switch anytime soon, third party my ass.

Now a 570 is more like it, but it's still not that great.

Just don't ever recommend a x50 card, they are complete garbage.

Good riddance.

More people bought Halo CE and Halo 2 on consoles than they did on PC, think about that a little.

Lmao, i'm gonna laugh at you coping xdrones when Microsoft announces a rare replay switch port.

By that logic, low-end PCs cost 2k at most

What part of Xbox One is the Wii U do you not understand? People will buy the Xbox Arcade and Xbox Pro, no one gives a shit about the Xbox One.

>but they keep putting their "exclusives" on steam
console niggers aren't as obsessed with exclusives as you faggots are, this won't make someone not buy an xbox

>Consoles just aren't profitable anymore unless your Nintendo
>psn+ alone made more than all of nintendo in 2018
microsoft is just retarded

Attached: apu.png (671x519, 146K)

I have 0% desire to buy any Xbox One. If Microsoft ports 360 BC to PC that's the final nail TBQH and I would consider Microsoft out of the console race. I'm not a PC diehard by any means, just calling it fairly.

Nintendo fans gonna celebrate games they've been shitting on for a decade

>frogposter is retarded
I said CONSOLES, not services.

Nintendo is the only one of the big three that makes money from their CONSOLES alongside their services.

There are legitimately insane people who spend their lives ranting into the void. Its both sad and hilarious.

Attached: 1552238339842.jpg (1469x2885, 1.57M)

>xbox fans
>get polished exclusives
this is some crazy cope

Attached: cory.jpg (547x692, 75K)

yeah I had to spend over 4000 dollars to get 30FPS on minecraft, PCfags btfo

Because Halo’s return to PC killed the internet and the next Xbox will be the final nail in Sony’s coffin.

>console profits are only accounted for hardware sold
the only retard here is you

Sonyghers are so invested in their straight outta reddit SALES astroturf that I think its the only shit they are capable of posting anymore
Meanwhile headlines are all MSoft and Sony actually got btfo out of e3
Its hilarious tbqh

>will blow consoles out of the water performance wise
if you're going to larp as mustard at least have an idea what you're talking about
>1050
lol

Actual xbox user here. I don't give a fuck and i'll surely buy the next xbox console. Today was a great day for us Halo fans.

Cope

kinda funny how Microsoft almost seem embarrassed by their own brand

>yeah, we know you guys wouldn't buy it on our shitty windows store, s-so here you go you can play it on steam...

based
havent seen these levels of rage since the e3 guitar concert in church fiasco

The only coping i'm seeing is from you Xdrones.

Microsoft is fully committed to the games as a service model, and they do not require their own console to do this.

Keep denying reality though.

won't be funny when it's the number one game on steam with crossplay

>Consoles just aren't profitable anymore unless your Nintendo
Nope Consoles still make bank the only reason you’d say that is that Microsoft Shot themselves in the damn foot with the One and haven’t recovered much from it. Sony and Nintendo already proves that claim to be wrong

Cool cool
So..uh...whats up with Sony these days?

LMFAO

Xbox was a mistake. They should have been PC gaming advocates from the beginning

>denying reality
how to make sony fans angry
1. make a halo thread.
le golden face :D

not my problem if millions of people like being raped by Microsoft
I will have the chance to see what this MCC thing is about without having Microsoft's corporate cock in me.

Attached: gnu_laugh.png (1200x796, 596K)

>being upset at a console you dont even own
what's this condition called?

about to release another 10/10 record shattering game that'll cause insane Yea Forums asshurt

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 198K)

Sony takes a loss on every ps4 sold, just like MS does with the xbox one, they have to make up for the loss with their services.

Nintendo is the only one that actually makes money with each console sold.

They censored some ass in DMC5 last week! Leaders of the industry!

Literally how did you deduce that I was upset from that post, friend? 360 was the last console I ever bought though

about to sell 100m ps4's

I don't think this has been true since the WiiU

Sony fags mad as fuck and flooding every thread with hate against xbox one
It's not even subtle bros, dont you have your own party to go to?
Old mate posted TLOU 2...make a thread about that

Theres halo, then theres that 3rd person sony gay propaganda shitsclusive heavily astroturfed by reddit
Which do you think people care more about?

Yep, they showed off a bunch of multiplats which surely benefits them more than Sony who only showed exclusives for their system.
You sure are smart user

>sony's objective post oneX release:
>survive

>Nintendo is the only one that actually makes money with each console sold.
[Needs Citation]
>Sony takes a loss on every ps4 sold
I highly doubt that when The PS4 sold like hot cakes and even more when’s it’s on sale and shit, Europe Alone gives Sony more gains then losses, the Services are just a extra cash flow

you only need to play games 60fps 1080 on medium-low to get it looking better than consoles. Remember that the PS4 and xbox one have the processing power of low-mid grade PCs from 2013. half of the games released on console are locked at 30fps or sub 1080p, beating that isn't hard

Dont forget the part where their flagship is 50% weaker!

The Wii U they actually did lose money, a very slight amount., Though Nintendo did say as soon as 1 game was bought, recouped the loss, and they actually do make money on each Switch sold, around $40 off of each switch sold. It's not huge but it does add up, and it's still not in the red like the ps4 and xbox one.

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/20/sony-to-take-a-loss-on-playstation-4-sales/

This has been known since the generation began, newfag.

The only reason Microsoft was third place this gen was because they don't make good games. If they made good games maybe more poor people would buy Xbones.

Onex runs lots of games at 1080 60 so well done on arguing yourself into a corner
Feel free to post benchmarks of builds that do forza7 or witcher3 at 1080 60 for example then post the price of said build

You're half correct. While MS makes money from services, many subscribers are only giving them money because the xbox console platform exists. You're mistaken to think that MS wouldn't lose money by exiting the hardware business because many of those people are what the biz refers to as "casual gaymers" and these people would migrate to Sony and take their subscription money with them.

MS never deviated from their commitment to games as a service, and they're still following the same progression laid out at the onset of the xbox one unveiling. They will continue to produce consoles as long as a large audience continues to prefer casual game experiences over utilizing PC as their main platform.

>Xbox
>Polished exclusives
Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, Master Chief Collection, State of Decay 2, and Forza Horizon 4 prove otherwise (even if they're on PC)

Attached: 1822926714_jerry_seinfeld_21798_xlarge.jpg (250x271, 9K)

google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2018/10/30/sony-playstation-4-sales-increasing/

>Though Nintendo did say as soon as 1 game was bought, recouped the loss, and they actually do make money on each Switch sold
I'm pretty sure this applies to the ps4/xbox as well

>polished exclusives
Only available on the xbone:
>FH2 (an inferior version was released on the 360, but it was ported by another company and didn't include the same DLC. The map was also different...)
>FM6
>Rare Replay

I can't think of anything else

This is true, but at the same time you can't argue that they're giving people less reasons to actually buy an xbox as their main platform. I don't care if only 10% of people would opt for a PC instead of an xbox. That's still 10% of your primary revenue streams (xbox live and 3rd party licensing) you're not getting because people are buying most of their games elsewhere.

I find it hard to believe they're making up for that potential revenue loss by selling a few 1st party games a year on PC.

youtube.com/watch?v=nWWkzV_nHz8

What could've been

Attached: xbogs.jpg (2443x877, 150K)

lol do you have any idea how many technological and IP patents Sony owns?

They could cease making video games altogether and they'd still be raking in profit.

>sony
>bankrupt
*raffs in further """unforeseen""" delays of Tsukihime remake

Attached: 1552428499699.jpg (680x680, 253K)

>forza horizon 4 and sea of theives
>unpolished
call sot bare bones. But that game was one of the AAA online games worked right out of the box with few glitchs

Attached: 1544439879729.jpg (797x338, 44K)

SoT had connection issues for like the first two days on top of no content. Also FH4 is not polished at all
>PC version had loading issues
>Xbox version still has an audio bug where the sound will just cut out completely or engine sounds will just keep going even after you stop
>Menus still have delayed loading issues
>There are still instances where you can fall clean through the ground
>The Goliath Glitch which destroyed the already shaky auction house wasn't patched until two days ago
>Wall-riding has never been patched
>There are at least 4 bugged achievements that are literally given to you when you boot up the game regardless of whether or not you've played the activities in question
>Multiplayer sucks because of terrible voting system, and was even worse at launch because everyone was put into teams meaning if you had one bad teammate you were boned.
>Wheelspins clogged with shitty cosmetics
>The price you can sell cars at is tied to your livery level for some stupid-ass reason
>It was possible for get unlimited super spins from the VIP DLC

I don’t know what the hell is going on.
>Microsoft is getting their shit together with Xbox and PC
>Nintendo got their shit together
>Metroid is back
>we’re getting Metroid 5 on the Switch
>Halo 3 and more is finally coming to PC
>343 is finally making their Halo games look like Halo with Infinite
If Half-Life 3 is announced by Valve, I think time will stop. What the fuck is happening, man?

Sony’s gotten cocky again while Microsoft and Nintendo have gotten their shit together.

It’s a strategy

Because it's fucking Microsoft. They don't care all that much if you play games on an Xbox or on a PC, because they're Microsoft! They're the ones who largely define what a PC is! If you're buying games for Windows, then you must've at some point purchased Windows, and are likely to continue doing so.