Which has been the bigger fuckup, Fallout 76 or Anthem?

Which has been the bigger fuckup, Fallout 76 or Anthem?

Attached: anthem4.png (900x762, 710K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/azztgv/psa_removing_your_support_items_massively/
youtube.com/watch?v=uolzcczR7mg
pcgamer.com/fallout-76-player-who-spent-900-hours-in-game-says-theyve-been-banned/
dualshockers.com/fallout-76-player-banned-too-much-ammo/
eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-25-anthem-physical-sales-half-mass-effect-andromeda
youtu.be/T6HdBplLmuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anthem

I don't really like Anthem flopping this fucking hard
it makes Bungies fuckups look like nothing

Yes

76. Anthem is just a bad game that only retards thought would be good. 76 was like a singularity of incompetence borne from skyrim being such a wild success and Bethesda's attempt at making a multiplayer testing environment for Starfield.

Both seem about the same in the fuck up scale.

fallout was lazy piece of shit F4 rip-off, anthem is a standalone game so the latter

Fallout 76 is atrocious but Anthem is a very strong contender, even worse than 76 I might say, I mean just look at OP pic, how can one game fuck up so much as to make you more powerful by removing gear.

Anthem was in development for like half a decade. Much bigger flop than Shatout in 76 days.

I didn't buy Destiny, Destiny 2, The Division, Borderlands, Borderlands 2 or Diablo 3

But I bought fucking Anthem and it ends up being the worst looter in history.

Anthem. 76 was a B-project to Bethesda, meanwhile Anthem was something that Bioware's A-team has been working on for like five years. Bethesda will still live after 76, Anthem will kill Bioware.

you dumb motherfucker

Attached: 11asd22.jpg (361x319, 21K)

Anthem by far if we're going by production costs, 76 was intended to be a half-assed cash grab from the get-go.

Why
Literally for what purpose

Why would you buy anything from nuBioware?

Attached: 1535125292403.gif (600x500, 2.91M)

do you really thing that was made in 5 years instead of being just cobbled up in 5 months

At least Bethesda will recover from 76. Anthem was the final nail in Bioware's coffin.

I know nothing about F76 but Anthem is broken on a structural level, it's not just the non existent endgame. Bugs everywhere still unresolved since the alpha. It's been a while since i've seen a game this broken on release. Despite the 6 years of development it looks like 6-12 months of monkeys typing random lines of code

Attached: biodrones.jpg (1599x664, 195K)

Just keep reminding people that a lot of Bungies cock-ups were them actively shitting on their players
Bioware just seems to be absurdly fucking incompetent

Anthem
76 had a relatively small budget and dev cycle, Anthem had 7 years, likely 2 internal reboots and plenty of other Lootshooters to learn from and they still fucked up
76 has bigger issues but Anthem is a worse game compared to everything it had going for it

how does that gear thing work?

reddit niggers who bought the game knowing full well that this was made by god damned Bioware, edited by motherfucking EA, a year after the BattleFront II backslash and a decade of retarded practice and have the gall to complain about this shit game should be hanged for the betterment of the human genepool

any bets which game will lose support first? probably Anthem. Andromeda got only one patch.

dodogama is cute

I want to rent Anthem just to try it but I'll wait until after the boycott so I dont fuck up their numbers.

Also just an excuse to talk to the vietnamese qt who owns the shithole video store.

>Anthem had 7 years
probably 2,5 years. Andromeda from B team and dozen fuckups and remakes had x10 more content and areas.

>online
>100% company-run servers
>class-based
>team-based
>expecting it to be good

Do you retards enjoy buying the same bag of shit over and over?

Attached: alex jones.jpg (250x227, 5K)

of all those games Diablo 3 was actually good to play in it's 1st year when lots of people still played

76. Anthem is boring with broken balance, while 76 is broken in every aspect.
And anthem can look pretty.

somehow lvl1 guns are better than super end game legendary ones. And damage numbers are worthless.
Apparently it's all because of lvl scaling

anthem - 76 while buggy and sometimes broken still works as an exploration based game, either solo or with bros, anthem is baby tier everything

The default starting gun kills enemies faster than max level legendary. Yes, the incompetence level is just that amazing.

I exclusively capture Dodogama, for Dodogama is bro.

Anthem
76 actually sold well so no matter how incompetent it was Bethesda still made huge a profit from cows

that's not what the pic posted by OP refers to.
This is new shit:
reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/azztgv/psa_removing_your_support_items_massively/

freeform flying looked cool

On the one hand, the scale on which 76 fucks up is absolutely staggering, given how its developers should know how to use their own shit. But on the other hand, Anthem is the product of several millions of dollars, at least 7 - 8 years, and the EA machine behind it, yet it comes out a sloppy shitpile.
At its basic level, Anthem is more playable than 76, but somehow it has less to do than 76. So I think just by sheer default and nothing else, Anthem is the bigger disappointment because the endgame content is zilch compared to 76.
But this is like asking what's worse, diarrhea with corn in it or green diarrhea. Which goes back to "yeah they're both diarrhea, but at least one has something else in it."

Division 2

Do you know how many cheap indie games let you do that

deserved

>Yes, the incompetence level is just that amazing.
They're not incompetent, it was intentional. They want people to keep buying up cosmetics.

Attached: defugginfug.jpg (601x567, 49K)

Anthem is by far the bigger fuckup because 76 was just a procedural turd shot out seemingly by a deep learning computer gone rogue. Anthem is the current flagship for Bioware, and it's like a case study for how to fuck up your IP.

I'd say 76 is the worst
Anthem may be a pile of shit but at least the core gameplay might entertain for a while (flying around and calling down lightning seemed somewhat enjoyable in the beta) but 76 has fucking nothing going for it, no redeeming features, it's just a complete black hole filled with terrible ideas and horrible execution

¿Does it compare to ET?

76, it's a shitty cash-grab that is based on an outdated engine. At least Anthem looks good and the movement is fun, 76 has absolutely nothing going for it

They claim it was made in 5 years. The reality is that they spent 4 years 7 months with their than up their asses collecting paychecks, with the occasional bit of """planning""" to show the boss when he came around.

Borderlands 2 is genuinely the best of all of those. The dialogue and story really aren't as obnoxious as everyone makes them out to be, and the loot mechanics are GREAT. Every legendary weapon has unique mechanics that no other gun has. Every single one. There are overpowered synergies when you want to put the game on easy mode, there are cool weapons that require finesse to get the most out of, and there are only a handful of legendary or unique guns that just kind of suck.

Also, almost every named or unique enemy has a specific legendary associated with them, making farming for a specific build WAY easier than almost any other looter shooter. Almost any gun worth using in the game can be farmed from a reliable source with a nearby checkpoint, and community patches have added even more farmable weapon drops so you can make any build you want in only a few hours.

I guess some people would argue that makes it too easy, but for me looter shooters only really work as long as I have a clear goal to work towards. If I want to try and play a specific build, I don't want to play forty hours hoping I just randomly get the one legendary that holds it together. I'd much rather grind for an hour to get exactly the gear I want than spend the same amount of time playing aimlessly with only a minute chance of getting something that could reasonably be called an upgrade.

no, ET was the end of the first videogame bubble.

Diablo 3 at launch was pretty fun if you got past the server issues.
I also made like $400 in blizzard funbuxxx from the RMT auction house. Never understood why people bitched about it.

holy fucking shit that's rich

Attached: 28rQr03.jpg (635x581, 46K)

Is that what it's saying? I was trying to decipher if it was that or players removing gear to impose challenge as the end game being poorly balanced.

I was right the protagonist Freelancer is a beta male virgin. Worst BioWare main character. Shoulda added romances BioWare.

greed is more excusable than incompetence, especially lovingly crafted incompetence. The better comparison would actually be between Sea Of Thieves and Anthem.

Fallout 76 is undoubtedly worse, but it feels low effort as fuck.
Anthem looks like a bigger actual fuck up.

I want to meet the guy who created damage scaling in games, I bet he's either an absolute mindless chad, or a complete retard.

76 feels more malicious. As if they knew this was a piece of shit cash grab.
Anthem feels more incompetent.

hey don't be rude to Todd.

Bioware banned a dude for playing the game.

I suggest you guys to go to /vg/'s /anthg/ general. Loads of actual defenders are now losing their shit over this game

Nobody's fucking defending this anymore

Attached: 1545715370957.jpg (450x528, 73K)

Doesnt matter the time they actually spent working on it. They've gone on record saying that they spent the last 5 years on this project. This is a main studio Bioware project, the best the studio that made KOTOR, Mass Effect, DA, etc can do anymore

also sad part about 76, they could've made it proper-ish Fallout they decided not to
but both companies are sharing incompetence award

Mistake of BioWare not having romances.

I'm more surprised there was an Anthem general to begin with.

They call themselves Anthchads

it was basically a Bioware general but even that didn't last long. Imagine being a biodrone in this day and age

is there 76 general?

that's a laugh considering what's going on in the general right now. It's not gonna last

It's shitting up the regular /fog/.

76 because it came after Fallout 4 which made normie consumers a little nervous and if you follow lukewarm with shit it makes them panic and does a lot of brand damage. Anthem is a bigger hit as far as bombing and blunder, but it's just a final nail in a dead coffin and it's not attached to any established brand.

76 is kind of like Andromeda, it sets up expectations and danger on the next release that didn't exist till then. If Elder Scrolls is at least as mediocre as Fallout 4 it'll be a bad compound if not worst, they have to hit it out of the park now.

At least Fallout 76 didn't brick peoples consoles

let's boycott Anthem bros, that always works

Attached: dsa.jpg (800x666, 84K)

Anthem at least looks nice in some cases. They're both dumpster fires tho.

Both have fucked up, equaly, but for different reasons.

hi /anthg/, how's the sinking ship?

they need to hire 200 more people and replace half the leads to even reach the park, they will never do that.

anthem since it's clear that fallout 76 is shovelware with little to no dev time. anthem is a full fledged game

I doubt they actually spent 5 years proper making Anthem. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anthem was originally supposed to be something different (like single player) but EA wanted games as a service and scrapped it halfway through or something

Can't be worse than current /mhg/

the duality of man

We're not on reddit

This.
It feels like they wanted to make some scifi rpg type game and then abandoned it and made a shit looter at the last minute.

Honestly this question is pretty hard. From a technical and marketing perceptive it's 76. 76 had way more bugs and marketing fuck ups to the point where it kept making the news at least multiple times a week.

Anthem seems worse gameplay-wise. shit like having the starter weapon be the strongest, publicly decreasing the drop rates, and the top tier items not having unique models are you fucking up a genre in it's most core parts. Not to mention the fact that this is the second major flop in a row and it might end up killing bioware.

>nuBioware
At this point, they haven't made a good game in almost a full decade.That's not really new anymore.

>DAI is scrapped MMO
>MEA is scrapped nomanssky
>DA2 rushed in 2 years
>ME3 rushed in 2 years
I want to blame EA for all this, but core people were leaving left and right during those times.

I wonder if we'll see a game so bad it'll trigger a new market implosion, like if EA released Battlefront 3 expecting 10 million sales and only 100k bought it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

>Destiny 2 gets its shit together
>Warframe does well as usual
>The Division 2 is surprisingly not a pile of shit
>MHW Iceborne details drop in a few days
Anthem is so fucking dead

Exponential scaling makes it the worst of them all.

Which ones? Not that guy, but I'd like to try out some flying games like that.

ABSOLUTELY Fallout 76, no contest. Anthem, as other anons have said, was just an overhyped mediocore game that disappointed. Fallout 76 was an absolute FUCKING UNMITIGATED DISASTER even prior to release, and almost every couple of days after its release until recently there was some huge, baffling controversy cropping up about the game, from old bugs being reintroduced, to bandaid fixes that made things worse, to false marketing for collector's edition items, and so on. Not to mention the base game itself is so fucking awful in its actual quality, as well as the ever-present excess of absurd bugs. Anthem, at leas tot my knowledge is a mediocre game that WORKS.

Attached: 1550932662540.png (302x271, 88K)

so given this is yet another fuckup in a row
How long until EA takes Bioware behind the barn?

Forgot to add the aspect of how it shitted on actual fallout fans, and was a coroporate cashgrab. And A FUCKING E STORE WITH CURRENCY PACKAGES IN A F A L L O U T GAME, which is the most baffling and worst thing to me.

>that time Rick & Morty made a Fallout 76 stream with Ninja
youtube.com/watch?v=uolzcczR7mg

in both cases it was.equally easy to see that they were shit. literally the only people who didn't see this trash coming are 12 right now

"boycotting" would imply I want something changed about anthem but I think it's unsalvageable so I couldn't possibly boycott it.

Anthem. FO76 was copy pasted from FO4 in probably 1-2 years then majority of the support for the game was dropped and honestly that's Bethesda we are talking, it was expected to be buggy shit like any other Bethesda's games.

Meanwhile Anthem was carefully developed 6 years by legendary studio with great reputation. It somehow did worse at the launch than Destiny 2, FO76. And judging by devs responses it would be dead in month because they are in fork situation. Increase loot drop - players would reach endgame in week and quit the game, leave it at current level - and they would quit from frustration.

Attached: 1521210083734.jpg (610x395, 100K)

Anthem is the fuckup that will make Bioware go to a shallow grave. While 76 is a fuckup, you and I know Bethesda is going to make bank with The Elder Scrolls 6, and if they make a non-multiplayer focused Fallout, call it Fallout 5 you know it's going to sell by the truckloads.

I forgot about that. What a nightmare.

I wouldnt mind FO76 if it was just "fo4 but bigger map with loading zones" but had npcs and real quests. 76 has areas that are legitimately fun to go through.

Skyrim is already a childhood game for some, it will sell on nostalgia like crazy.

>Which has been the bigger fuckup, Fallout 76 or Anthem?
It's literally impossible to tell because Bethesda is a privately held company. If Bethesda had to publish earnings reports we'd have a better idea of how fucked 76 is. For now, though, given that Anthem is an EA joint and EA is a publicly traded company and people are selling the stock on the basis of Anthem's imminent collapse, I'd argue Anthem is the bigger fuck up.

t. someone who does this for a living

>I wonder if we'll see a game so bad it'll trigger a new market implosion

It'd have to brick every console at once enough to trigger class action lawsuits against sony, microsoft, and nintendo. people would have to spontaneously want to get off their consoles and go outside, disgusted by what they have wrought.

I think 76 is a worse game, but anthem is a bigger fuck up.

I had no expectations for either and you're a fucking sucker if you did

How is anyone keeping a straight face. Especially Rick and Morty?

what?

Fallout 76 is in a league of its own. That game unironically seems only about 10% done. Like they put out an early Alpha as a finished product.

Anthem is comically bad, but FO76 dreams of being just "comically bad".

People keep harping on vidya crash now crash tomorrow crash soon, yet I see how the game market is hardly picky. Look at Ubisoft games being classified as boring as fuck, such as Watch Dogs and The Division, yet they manage to sell tons of copies and they have enough sales to get sequels. With people settling for such mediocre games, what exactly is going to cause the crash? If anything publishers are doing great. Bioware will die but then many developers owned by EA have died in the past, it's nothing new at all.

Is this about the starting weapons doing more damage than the rare ones or something entirely new?

76, not even a question.
Anthem at least looks nice at times

Memelands is trash.

This is a new thing. Stripping your supports completely naked raises their stats through the roof.

Its worth remembering the great game collapse was mainly dev side, not consumer side. They still had new games, its just that consumers no longer trusted major brands to not deliver hot trash like the shit pacman port and the disaster that was ET. What we'd need is for EA to do the dinosaur and moonwalk out the door, taking their IPs to the grave, and/or a major console failure like the Atari Jaguar

>Fallout 76 is in a league of its own.
Probably because its fuckups actually started spilling out of the game itself.
Lying about preorder bonuses and leaking credit info?
That shit sounds like Onion material.

oh Lord

Attached: 1452450689629.gif (220x220, 3.76M)

I think if anything there may be an Indie crash. So many shit games on steam. But at the same time, reviews online are widely availble so its not a 1983 situation where 12 million copies are made for 10 million consoles, and 1 million carts are returned

Reddit

This is what happens to games made under a diversity quota.
Why did anybody expect anything different?
Not a single talented person had any input in this game.
Good games are made from a team of structured autists.
Autists are all white males.

fallout 76 was basically a spun-out DLC. the problem is the concept, not necessarily the execution. it's an okayish execution of a bad concept, paired with really bad monetization.
anthem was the next big thing for bioware and ea. the concept wasn't all that bad, but the execution of it abysmal. also really bad monetization.
It's probably already a big success and didn't do any damage whatsoever to bethesda.
one of those games, I just don't care for. those who do got a game, they like to play.
the other, however, is an inexcusably bad pile of shit, when it should have been the GOTY.
>thiskillsthebioware.jpg
and good riddance, I say

Jesus fucking Christ how is that real

definitely anthem. bethesda self-publishes so they'll just nurse it as long as they need to to save face, while EA cuts off anything as soon as it's no longer profitable.

Fuck off Randy.

76 is a mess but it's getting fixed slowly. Also 76 never caused your system to hard shut down and nearly brick systems like Anthem did.

He got banned for using an unlimited ultimate exploit together with an encounter reset exploit to continuously farm a stronghold boss
The ban was for "economy exploitation", so I guess he gor banned because stronghold bosses give good money, to use in the in-game store
The fact that the in-game store content is shit is another topic...

76 was dead before it was even started. There was no reason Anthem had to be complete shit.

Jesus christ that is the most retarded scaling system I've ever seen, instead of actually getting better at anything through the use of stuff, just NOT use the stuff
IN A FUCKING LOOTING GAME

Attached: mind_blown.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

I played this game and it was amazing

People are talking about things that have since been patched, only one of these is true and it's because of a recent patch and the fact they boost stats based off ilvl now.. only your support item doesn't hit the rarest tier/highest ilvl, and if you don't have something in a slot it doesn't get counted... so remove the lowest ilvl item, boom, more damage.

It'll be fixed in short order, i would imagine.

desu the game is unironically fun, but it's got the same problem literally every loot shootah has - in that that's all there is to it. Get a gun, shoot some dudes... to get more guns to shoot more dudes.

>players remove gear to dramatically increase damage output
What? What's that about? Do you deal more damage in that game when you're not wearing anything?

it's like the monk from FF1, it's a callback

this is why level scaling is an inherently BAD system and should NEVER be implemented in any game ever
it completely removes any sense of progression and makes the world feel unorganic. the only reason any games ever use it is as an attempt by the jews to keep goyim on the treadmill forever
you can't name even one game with level scaling that is good. this is fact.

Attached: level scaling.gif (489x259, 464K)

Fallout 76 by far. 76 was the moment where normies finally realized that Bethesda is incompetent as fuck and all their games are stringed together with band-aids.

Anthem was just Bioware continuing their usual trend of releasing games that are bad, buggy, and unfinished.

From what I can gather damage is scaled based on the average level of your gear. So basically if you've got amazing armour but a shitty helmet, wearing the shitty helmet is worse than wearing nothing at all

absolutely retarded

How do games take more than two years to make anyway? Or even one?

This, people actually had expectations for Fallout 76. Nobody cared about Anthem.

>algebra I math error costs tech company billions of dollars

76. It tainted an entire franchise.

I fucking bet if Bethesda makes Fallout 5 and distances themselves from the model 76 went for, it will sell well.

Level scaling is the worst thing about Vanillaware games in my opinion, but it's more apparent in Odin Sphere or Muramasa than in Dragon's Crown- and I think all three are good.

This

They did spend 5 years on the game, they probably rebooted the project twice and the final version was made in a year.

Reddit incarnate.

It’s like DBZ weighted clothing shit. But even more stupid

FFVIII

76 is broken from the word go, from what I've heard anthem is just a really shit game

You.

It's Skub all over again

>Never understood why people bitched about it.
I think I made something like 900 dollarydoos but it literally ruined the game. When you get a drop your first thought shouldn't be "some retard is willing to pay $250 for this."

It's a loot game not an equip game you moron.

Anthem actually looked like it could have been a decent game whereas 76 looked like a dumpster fire from a mile away. Anthem also probably had a WAY bigger budget than 76. I'd say Anthem by a landslide.

Fallout because it’s a bestselling IP and still failed.

holy fug.
Item Level is the worst thing WoW introduced to mmos because no one else seems to understand that it's just a fucking budget and isn't supposed to be used as an actual stat.

>(You
According to Bioware, it's been in development since before Destiny game out.
The likelihood of what happened is that the project was basically reset multiple times meaning the Team had to started from scratch on many aspects multiple times

Was waiting for someone to say it

Damn shame, aesthetically Anthem looks really cool. Thankfully I was wise enough not to buy, but still.

Attached: 1547169280870.jpg (3216x2136, 462K)

Neither. The biggest fuckups are Western game developers

>game actively punishers shitters who try to use items that claim to make the experience easier for them
>this is now a bad thing
You're all a bunch of contrarian faggots if From did this you'd be sucking their peepees.

Stats are meaningless. Everything is scaled. So, you can spoof the leveling system(everything is item levels) to make it scale lower than your real capabilities by unequiping support equipment. Support equipment is filler equipment that really only adds item level. It has effect attached to it, but the item level us what matters. Unequip support equipment but keep your load out and enemies will scale down to item level 100 while you are punching like an item level 175 character. Similarly, the starting gun is good enough to pull that same trick with and outperform all the other guns.

Camel through the eye of the needle

Bioware actually had the same problem in Star Wars : The Old Republic. When they introduced boosting (level scaling) for PVP players found they had higher stats if they removed part of their armour (and sometimes all of it). It took them quite a while to fix.

because to be quite honest no one fucking wanted to be there after realizing that there's nothing special about ninja's personality or fallout 76

That's completely fucking irrelevant in a PvE only game.

Fallout 4.

That's like saying gold exploits in WoW is irrelevant because PvE is endgame considering PvP is dead.

>online
>class-based
>team-based
>expecting it to be good
So Team Fortress 2 wasn't a hit?

No?

Gold in WoW can at least buy you a subscription.

Nudity makes you stronger!!!

Well true. While Valve rented out the servers, it was other people actually running them.
Good point. I forgot how shit WoW got because I haven't played since WotLK.

>comparing TF2 where the player literally has the freedom to do anything and everything from changing sounds and maps to replacing models and animations to AAA skinner box garbage where you get banned for farming

Both a tie tbqh.

I was comparing TF2 to the list the other user made.

Holy shit lmfao how can that fuck up that bad

This is your mentally ill trannies & diversity hires at work

Anthem 76

So the ultimate build for this game is like, just take the initial gun they give you and wear nothing else?

Exactly

76. Anthem is a bad game but 76 is an abomination. At least Bioware had SOME experience in making multiplayer before like ME3 multiplayer. Even if they were incompetent they weren't going in completely blind like Bethesda and 76.

76 is a colossal fuckup in every metric. Virtually no one had anything positive to say about it aside from maybe laughing at how bad it is. People at least like the flying or the graphics in Anthem. 76 has no redeeming features and solely exists to be a money siphon for Bethesda and retarded fans. Anthem also seems like a more complete game versus 76 which seems more like an early access alpha. To put it another way, Anthem seems like it could eventually be decent after updates and expansions but 76 seems like a terrible base that will never be good.

76 also feels like it has caused more long term damage. Bioware was already reeling from Andromeda and it felt like this game doing poorly was going to be their end. Bethesda meanwhile had some kind of spell on normies and journos where every single game they put out got rave reviews from everywhere and sold shitloads of copies regardless of the problems or bugs that were present.

I think 76 has broken that spell. Now everything that Bethesda puts out will be held to greater scrutiny than ever before.If they don't do a fucking stellar job, which they won't, they will be slammed for it. 76 has not only damaged the Fallout series but it has also damaged Bethesda as a brand. Bioware was already damaged and dying so Anthem was like the final breath. It now feels like the stakes are higher for Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI where people once figured that ES was a runaway success, now has people worried. That kind of damage is hard to undo.

>ignoring the best looter shooters
>buys the shittest one of them all

Never played it, but I heard the optimal way to play is just to not fight ever.

Anthem is un-ironically a less impressive game to me, regardless of how much bethesda always fucks up taking their engine with its fucking object placement system multiplayer was crazy

>Economy exploitation in a game where there is no economy because players can't interact with each other

ULTIMATE POWER

Attached: 1501706432437.jpg (2000x2000, 974K)

>tfw the scaling is more fucked than Oblivion
Apologize & buy my games anons.

Attached: Toddytubbies.jpg (389x411, 25K)

Is bioware fucking up on purpose to get their studio shut down or something? This is like "The Producers"

Next up an rpg where you play as a Gestapo agent.

Attached: Alfons_Mucha_-_Medea.jpg (586x1734, 281K)

Haven't played either and never will, but from what i've heard, definitely 76.

It could be good though if implemented well, just like difficulty levels are botched 99% of the time. It's always the same lazy stat buffs, speed rubberbands, blue shell RNG, damage sponges, resource cheating & input reading shit when it should be scaling enemy skill, senses, attack patterns and tactical abilities to increasing the challenge. It's easier to just smoke and mirror, and debuffing the player is the worst possible brainlet implementation.

this sounds like the worst fucking thing imaginable

Dark void

This explains every fanservice anime ever.

I find Fallout 76 more cynical and insulting but Anthem will probably be the death kneel of Bioware so it's hard to say.

Since Anthem is gonna lead to the closure of a studio, I'm gonna say the latter.

Attached: papEA.png (350x243, 44K)

Must be all those diversity hire coders.

I think that anthem is garbage (only having played beta) BUT, its a playable garbage
76 just looks like a joke or some shitty multiplayer mod

100% Anthem
F76 is a worse game, but it probably cost them peanuts to produce, with all that recycled shit for a $60 pricetag, they probably made a profit from preorders alone.

Oh fuck I forgot about this. This was just the tip of the iceberg with 76's marketing blunders.

>Xchads
That screams insecurity

If you're just doing a minimum level run. The level scaling isn't so bad you can't get through otherwise. You can straight up cheese everything in a few ways regardless of level.

I thought people were boycotting and not playing Anthem

With BioWare it's undoubtable incompetence. Visceral at least had some balls when they saw the EA writing on the wall.

Attached: salt the earth.jpg (1578x887, 742K)

Still 76 nobody thought Anthem was going to be good and nobody could have predicted 76 would be like it was

Who said that?
Most people considering Anthem don't want Bioware to get shut down.

>majority of the support for the game was dropped
Actually, they've announced quite a but of new content coming to the game. Some of it comes out soon and it's all gonna be free.
Granted, every single thing they've announced is really something they should have finished before the game came out.

Other way around though.
Bethesda pulled 76 out of their ass while Anthem was in development for six fucking years.

Probably Anthem because it bricked systems

anthem since they keep banning people who play the game

Despite the console shutdown shenanigans of Anthem, I still FO76 did it worse

Still unconfirmed, just anecdotes.

76 banned players too.
pcgamer.com/fallout-76-player-who-spent-900-hours-in-game-says-theyve-been-banned/

76 also does that

>and nobody could have predicted 76 would be like it was
Literally everyone but reddit foretold the game would be hot garbage since the multiplayer leak. At least now bethdrones have awakened to the fact beth is a shit company.

FO76 banned a guy for having too much ammo
dualshockers.com/fallout-76-player-banned-too-much-ammo/

Turns out he was actually cheating though

>This is a new thing. Stripping your supports completely naked raises their stats through the roof.

Attached: klk ryuuko.png (3072x1920, 173K)

this
instead of level scaling it should just be new types of harder enemies
instead of goblin doing more damage

Fallout 76 was a cheap asset flip that Bethesda spent way too much money marketing. Anthem was a big budget game with a big marketing budget. The actual fuckups of anthem aren't as big as Fallout 76's but they are still pretty bad, and ultimately it will cost EA a lot more because the game itself was much more expensive to make. So I give the point to Anthem, for now.

Although the $100 plastic bottle with $10 hooch inside definitely deserves an honorable mention.

Attached: 12011_nuka_rum_22a7b040b2fe672db7bb41fcfe8652f8.jpg (950x633, 82K)

Yeah, I guess FO76 was more of a PR disaster rather than a financial one.

I'm slightly interested to see how the 76 fiasco will affect Bethesda in the long term.
Who am I kidding. Todd will do a little song and dance this E3 and the masses will forget.

Doesn’t really seem like they’ve learned much from it, at least the publisher hasn’t. They’re going full EA with microtransaction shit.

pre-sequel>2

fite me nigger

It blows my mind that people on Yea Forums buy EA games and then go on to complain about the state of the industry.

i also like getting thrown off the map everytime you get in a vehicle

Boycotts don't work.
Reviews and feedback is more important.

enemies scale with your items and the scaling is so bad it normally outweighs the bonuses from your equipment.

Fucking kill yourself. How hard is it to not buy EA games?

No u take off support items and do retard amount of damage because of the shitty way it's calculated

Chadvelins is better

>destiny 76 anthem

what's up with everyone being incomptent with these pseudo-mmorpgs?

Trend chasing with type of game that nobody has ever actually done right and a bunch of corporate big wigs meddling because they think this is gonna be the next big thing.

76 was just a low-effort experiment by Bethesda. It cost near-nothing to make and enough retards actually bought it for it to be considered a success. The only fuckup is that it accidentally turned Bethesda from a great company in the normalfags' eyes to an EA-tier piece of shit.
Anthem however was intended to be a new flagship series. They were willing to divert away form Mass Effect for it. Compare this to 76 - It would be like if Bethesda diverted resources from a mainline Elder Scrolls game to make the end-result that was 76. It would be a huge loss, as it is with Anthem.

yes they do
>game sells like shit
>next game won't get made because of the poor reception

There's barely any loot in the game and all the guns are copy and paste with few things differentiating the stats. The game is fucking hollow. IDK how they spent so long on it and only came up with this

they were made by white libtards. No diversity would work in deadmonton

ANTHEM, as it's newer and thus the memory of it will be stronger.

It's also a mainline Bioware title, which is important because

Bethesda can make another game in the meantime to recuperate players and gamers; F76 is entirely on the...Austin, I think? Branch. Mainline Bethesda can still work on games while Austin is doing whatever with 76

Secondly, Bethesda is both the name of a publisher and a developer, so again, they can recoup some cred from people who don't know the difference; i.e. people see bethesda on doom eternal and think "woah they got their shit together!"

Bioware can't do either of those; it's too early for them to be able to reasonable put out a game in a small amount of time (Andromeda had a similar deal to Bethesda Austin; it was developed by a new subsidiary but that subsidiary's been merged into EA's"Motive Studios", while MAINLINE Bioware was working on ANTHEM, so they can't just pull a sekrit gaem out of the main studio or a sub studio)

This also makes a big money flop strike against mainline Bioware as this thing was cooking in the pot for like six fucking years

No it's not because anhem has no pvp

too blue / 10

>Developers should know how to use their own shit
Nah, it was made by a new bethesda subsidiary in texas or something.

The only carryover I know of is Todd himself, who honestly might've just fucked off and assumed they couldn't do too bad

How does a boycott work when they already have your money?

This, basically.

Bethesda wins this out because they've still got stuff cooking in the oven they'll be able to pull out; because they're a publisher with the same name they can also pull shit out of other people's ovens; remember that your average normie will see Bethesda next to id Software on Doom Eternal's boxart and will likely just assume they "got better", re-earning some goodwill from gamers in time to have most of the trust back come the next TES.

once again, this reeks of " fuck you dad and your math, I program like a free spirit with lots of humour thehee" pink haired "I did human studies but got a programmer job" bullshit

ET was shit but it was actually patchable.

Bethesda will be deified again when TES 6 comes out even if the game is shit.

Two notes.

Firstly, there's a very good reason this screenshot is cropped; a fair amount of those 17 pages have people who aren't playing the fuckin' game. It's cropped on the FIRST fucking page, for god's sake!

Secondly, the reason for the boycott is to try to force Bioware's hand, not to try to get the money back; Anthem is built on microtransactions out the fucking ass, and a boycott by your own fanbase is some pretty damn bad PR.

If it works, players get a better game, devs maybe get some PR points back.

If it doesn't, the players didn't have to subject themselves to shitty fucking gameplay, feel good that they tried to do something, and Bioware continues to get shat upon.

No one cares about PR points these days. Even CDPR shamelessly downgraded Witcher 3 and will do the same for Cyberpunk.

bioware such retarted these days

Attached: 1477660231399.jpg (800x437, 96K)

Diablo 3 is the worst game in video game history

Not particularly, user; it's a functioning mathematical function that works just fine; average out the character's gear and then determine damage off of that.

The issue is the concept, the idea, not the actual formula it's using.

If level scaling makes a game shitty, it's not because the scaling equation isn't working right, it's because level scaling is a bad idea.

It's poor design, but it's not a glitch. It's functioning perfectly as intended, but the intention is the problem.

I didn't buy it.
See how much a difference that made?

Kek

Attached: 1551034466920.png (540x408, 264K)

Amen.

>Nobody cares about PR points
>Devs and Epic won't shut the fuck up about how they give/get bigger cuts on the epic store (because obviously itch.io doesn't exist I guess) and keeps getting defenders like mad

Like, I get what you're trying to say, yeah? Games keep getting shat out without worry of what it means for the company's reputation, but that doesn't mean it's not having an effect.

If it wasn't, BFV sales would've remained the same, F76 wouldn't have gone super cheap anywhere near as fast as it did, Devotion wouldn't have been delisted from steam by the publisher because china was mad, etc...

Doesn't work that way.

If a tranny can't program, the level averaging shit wouldn't work in the first place- you wouldn't have to de-equip your support items to get a damage boost, because the equation to average them all out (thus lowering your damage) wouldn't do anything at all.

It's working like they wanted it to.
Just, what they wanted it to work like is retarded.

Blame the designer or whatever, not the guy who has to sit down and code it in.

Did Fallout 76 managed to brick consoles? Anthem has the edge otherwise

>brick
they just powered down nothing got bricked mongoloid

Anthem 100%. It was in development for 6 years. F76 was thrown together in less than a year from recycled assets.

To be fair, the problem stemmed from the fact that the game is literally too graphically intense for the PS4, which caused it to overheat and shutdown. The only bricking happened to retards who just kept turning the fucking thing back on and going about their merry way until their shit melted.

Anthem better put bioware out of its misery.

That would imply anyone bought it.

Fallout 76 since Anthem was a huge financial success.

Borderlands is shit, you only like it because for some reason no-one has bothered to make a better alternative, when the systems to outdo Borderlands already exist.

>since Anthem was a huge financial success
Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.

KEK

It literally sold worse than Andromeda.

I'd give you this if Bethesda didn't receive PR healz in the form of new potentially great games.

Bioware doesn't have another project in the works that anyone's aware of- Bethesda DOES, since they just had a newbie shitter subsidiary make F76.

F76's constant bad PR is now being overshadowed by ANTHEM's subreddit player boycotts and shit, which also helps them distance themselves; if they can grab some good PR from being on DOOM ETERNAL as a publisher or something, followed by a successful mediocre to great TES/FO or whatever, they can easily recover back to their pre-76 status in the public eye.

Bioware can't do that, this was _THE_ big project they were banking on. It's like if F76 was a mainline FO title- they don't have anything sitting in the back to make a relatively quick recovery from this, and it's a followup to Andromeda, which was worked on by a Bioware Subsidiary that has ceased to exist.

>It literally sold worse than Andromeda.
False, it's preorders sold out on Amazon, last game that's pre orders sold out on Amazon was smash and that sold armound 12 million copies, Anthem is on at least 3 platforms with rumours of a port for smart phones, it should be around 20 million units already, just based on extrapolations from Amazone.

why would you buy anything from bioware, period?

For 76 people expected it to be a buggy broken mess
With Anthem they only expected the game itself to be shit

The western game industry.
We have 2 E.T. to deal with.

Attached: file.png (220x307, 144K)

76, thing is just broken to a degree never seen, Anthem doesn't get to those levels, though the constant fuckups from Bioware since release is steadily getting it to just as bad as a state as 76 is

Anthem just because Bethesda still has doom and elder scrolls, Bioware have ... ?? dragon age (destroyed franchise), mass effect (destroyed franchise) and what?

eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-25-anthem-physical-sales-half-mass-effect-andromeda

>inb4 T-THE UK
Andromeda sold half the copies that ME3 in the same region, and UK statistics are better than you just pulling numbers out of your ass, user.
Eat it.

>6 years of development
>can't even get damage scaling right
This is worse than how Destiny handled damage, holy fuck.

It's not just the scaling that's fucked up

>damage displayed can't be trusted since the level 1 gear debacle
>they raised gear level to make ult/melee damage stronger instead of just making those things stronger independently, the side effect of this is that legendary gear is now far stronger than they intended
>bugs fucking everywhere and no stats page means you don't know if your gear's stats are applying or not, people end up having their hp/shield gear not working and they get 1-2 shot because there's no numbers for these stats ANYWHERE, not even the HUD.

Even if they turn scaling off they've failed at making a looter shooter because the stats you're working with are a complete mystery, all you can do is theorycraft what stats you have by adding up your gear's stats individually and hoping that none of it is bugged (something is always bugged).
It's fucking amateur hour

That same thing happened in WoW when they introduced mob scaling with ilvl, they kinda fixed it but it's retarded

Remember recolored monters? How lazy that shit was?
Well now they don't even bother recoloring them. Just make them do more damage and have more health according to your level.

Financially Anthem. It was Bioware's A-team 6 year project. Fallout 76 was a mod that some some summer interns slapped together in a few months so Todd would have something to talk about at E3.

I could have sworn FO76 had hundreds of devs behind it. Unless it was hundreds of summer internships...?

New studio in Austin. It wasn't mainline Bethesda who made it. Interns is a definite exaggeration, but the primary point is that the guys who make TES and FO wern't busy working on 76.

76. Anthem feels like a game behind the times. 76 is a game behind a dumpster.

Other major Bethesda studios pitched in to help, but the core game was Austin studio.

>it should be around 20 million units already

Attached: 1503445228348.png (455x561, 462K)

WoW had this same problem a few months ago in Arenas. If you took off half your gear or replaced it with trinkets from 3 or 4 expacs ago your ilvl would break and you could destroy high ilvl players effortlessly. It only took them a month or so to fix it.

>it's almost like they didn't have enough time to polish the gameplay and lied about the production timeline.

and yet when this kind of shit is slapped onto steam with early access written all over it yall are quick to defend.

Anthem is still shit in it's current state but at least bash it for the right reasons.

Attached: 4zsocrbpzhl21.jpg (790x580, 48K)

Anthem is like 80% finished.
76 is like 40% finished.

Both are unacceptable but 76 is on a completely different level.

lmao get fucked

76. Anthem is mainly just dull. Fallout is dull and it shits all over an established franchise.

youtu.be/T6HdBplLmuU

You may not like Joe but this video is a fucking PSA. This is one guys playthrough and he has nearly 3 hours of bugs ranging from mild to game breaking.

Why didnt you watch the fucking demos!?!

Fallout 76. Anthem can at least be considered an actual game.

me

Wait wait wait wait.

The game's endgame gear brings down your damage and taking it off actually makes you stronger?

How?

Amen.
All that false hype. All those warning signs.
NEVER AGAIN

Attached: blizzdronemanual101.png (1600x1000, 474K)

they couldn't figure out the loot treadmill algorithm

I'm glad I didn't play diablo 3 until a friend who bought it brought it over and after one 5 hour session we were done forever.

Apparently there was broken game designer code that normalizes gear when you play with other people at a different level. Badly organized company.

What's wrong with Anthem? never played it or cared about it

Attached: frodo.png (400x399, 214K)

it'll be CyberPunk 2077

hard question, but if your considering the fanbases expectation, 76, no one expects anything from EA so its buisness as usual for them

Attached: 1520459860634.png (488x361, 115K)

But fallout fans also expect nothing from bethesda

Still 76. Anthem at least played more or less.

TF2 has community servers

runs like shit
buggy
loot sucks and drops rarely
the story is short and bad
not enough content so people just run the same 3 dungeons over and over

>Anthem
It really is a gift that keeps on giving. Like genital warts.

hmm got me there