IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S HAPPENING

NEW MON HUN GAME BEING TEASED

Attached: D1diMOLV4AEwp08.jpg (1200x849, 360K)

Will they bring back meowster hunters

Who cares, it's nothing to do with world

>not liking both versions of MonHun

They're already making iceborne though.
If it's a new game, it'd be very strange to hype it up whilst releasing an expansion.

Attached: 1screenshot.jpg (943x170, 49K)

The only interesting thing that stands out is Try. Which at this point means ???

Old MonHun is archaic and obsolete. WORLD fixed everything wrong with the series. Stop being an assmad Nintenbabbie and realize this

In other news, water is wet.

>Ichinose
pass.

Sorry, not interested. I kinda got disillusioned with MonHon game after the whole MHGU/MHW fiasco.

Hopefully we can get improved real monhun from the money they got from world.

World is watered down casual normalfag braindead shit. Let me guess you "remember playing MH on the PSP" but never played shit like 3 or 4U. Get the fuck out.

Ichinose hasn't touched a real MonHun in years. He'll bring spin-off garbage like Gatherations and Double Low Rank

Attached: icon_mh4G.jpg (638x398, 137K)

I love both games, but fuck if getting back into OG from World wasn't a jarring task. Call it casual if you want, World felt good to play, whereas the rigidness of the original series was part of its charm/difficulty.

Its like going back to DS1 after playing DS3, it all feels clunky. Either way, both are great.

>can't even be excited about a new MH game with MHbros because console war retards
I miss when MHFU elitism was the worst part of the fanbase.

Attached: 1551811163916.jpg (1024x1024, 69K)

I really couldn't get into world, too much handholding, it is gorgeous though.

Yasunori Itchy nose.

As long as it's NOT coming to Switch I'm excited.

But are they going to remove arts and all that garbage

>MonHun anniversary
>World still not on sale on Steam when the price got cut on consoles already
Why is this allowed?

Wasn't Tri to FU what World is to GU?

no, Tri to FU is what GU is to 4U. World is more like 4 to P3rd

Sorry, sonyfags, but we're taking our franchise back. Nintendo always win in the end.

Attached: 1548734883188.png (662x602, 299K)

Sure you can call it hand holdy, it was an attempt to reach out to a broader audience, so reintroduction to mechanics were necessary. But once you get to really playing, shit felt really good.

DS1 is better than DS3 so it's not that hard

get ready to be assblasted then because it'll obviously be a part of the portable series

Irrelevant. You can't deny that DS3 isnt a smoother games to play. DS1 is roll, roll, swing, parry, where DS3 gives you more options.

Kinda. MHFU was janky as hell, things like Plesioths hip check are well known examples. It also had a challenging G Rank and loads of monsters. Tri had less monsters, no G rank and added shitty swimming mechanics. But it was the first time you could play online without using adhoc party or being close by to the other players.

If you look at world it also has less monsters, no g rank and added shitty sliding/grappling mechanics. However people actually quite like those. The main difference is it’s a complete change up of the series with major QOL changes and the World shitters are complaining about their series changing. What’s more likely is this will be console MonHun and handheld will remain much the same as it always has been.

Ironically my fav game in the series was MHP3 which has the least amount of content, but has the best setting and introduced the better new monsters.

No, DS3 is still roll roll swing parry.

I'm a masochist when it comes to games, I reached High Rank in FU without even knowing you could upgrade your gear.

Attached: 1549076160820.png (638x486, 146K)

>no Gore/Shaggy, no buy

Attached: DnDaMlTU0AAXX38.jpg (1110x1200, 118K)

>Garuga
Cheap animation canceling bastard.
>Tigrex
Really neat concept but kinda weirdly animated. My brain is simply never able to register its charge move as an attack; it just looks like a walk cycle to me.
>Narga
You expect animators to cheat with stretching and skewing a model in order to make movements more dynamic, but nargacuga really crosses the line; I mean for fucks sake, its limbs limbs more than double in length at some points. Also he's a cowardly bastard.
>Zinogre
God Eater reject. But I still like him.
>fated four
Over designed anime crap. Good hitboxes, though.

Overall I give it a 4/10.

wow just how shit are you senpai

git gud

>also he's a cowardly bastard
is the only good complaint because Narga will literally jump out of an area in 15 seconds. Glavenus and Mizutsune are gr8

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 216K)

I really hate you, user.

>Mizutsune
Not him, but I don't like it when a new gimmick is introduced with only one monster to back it up. Having a single monster with bubbles is distracting.
At least with slime, the player got to use the effect, too.

It depends. Am I shit for thinking Tigrex's lazy saunter could be better, or for not being a fan of HeTaughtMeHowToDodge?

>Narga will literally jump out of an area in 15 seconds.
I hate it. He might as well have infinite stamina.
>Glavenus and Mizutsune are gr8
Also never said that dated four weren't good fights. They just look bad.

Why would they go backwards?

XX plays like trash compared to World.
Sure, XX has more content and more difficult, and that's great. But the engine is complete ass, and feels jank as fuck to play.

Not that guy but I thought the fated four were supposed to each be unique in their own way?

I like the jank, but I also like some of the QoL changes so I hope with the next release we get the best of both worlds.

In particular I want the old lobby system back straight from the getgo instead of a hamfisted frankenstein patch to get it to work.

Why would anyone play the unfun fucking mess that is handheld monster hunter?

Its literally nothing but a glorified battle arena. There's no proper hunting or actual depth or real level design

Aside from Astalos having slightly weird projectiles, I don't see anything special about them. Mizutsune is the only one that stands out to me as being a special snowflake. Even then, I think my only problem with it is the unique status it inflicts. Same goes for Malfestio, to a degree.

promo render
and can't you fuckers stop with the console wars already, it's been a year and a half

Attached: 1535971058964.jpg (1920x1080, 523K)

>as opposed to the bigger glorified battle arena but now with corridors featured from the dmc series.

>actual level design is bad

I've hunted Glavenus and Hellblade Glavenus so goddamn much, but he never stopped being annoying as hell

Is that Valstrax at the top right? Was he always so small?

yes, and he's just small because he's so far away

Good, maybe the Switch can get an actually good MH instead

not even close
World is a complete and total aberrant, carrying all the weight that comes with that

I used Glavenus to practice adept guarding with prowler.
Pretty fun. I almost wish this was my first Monster Hunter, so I wouldn't have burned out as quickly.

Tri was Monster Hunter getting back to basics which is why they scrapped everything and worked it from the ground up.
While there were a lot less weapons and monsters, they focused on quality over quantity where all the fighters were a lot more enjoyable than those from FU because of better AI and hitboxes.
When they ported the monsters that got cut from the 1st and 2nd gen to the 4th gen, every saw how shitty they were.

I agree. We need more grounded realistic monsters like Bazelgeuse, Behemoth, Kulve Taroth, and Ancient leshen

Attached: ALL THE WAY BACK TO OUR ROOTS.webm (1080x598, 2.05M)

Yes, but it was worse, in my opinion.
It took away weapon types and added fucking underwater combat.

>actual level design
get a load of this nigger just cause they put a corridor between your arenas doesn't stop them from being arenas.

That's Valfalk, kiddo

Why did Capcom fucking kill MT Framework in World instead of just using a new engine?

>Over designed anime crap
>on a series with giant katanas, I'M ALREADY A DEMON dual swords and lots of girls in armor bikini moving giant slabs of metal twice their size around
Realism fags are mentally ill.

MH Gen had the best music themes in the series while MH Stories had the best artstyle in the series.

Attached: 1535846763910.jpg (1040x700, 179K)

Iceborne is coming this year. Why would they jeopardize their G rank expansion with a new title for the same platform?

seething

I see nintendies are still assblasted as ever
never ever

they were developing World for a pretty long time, since the end of 4U, RE Engine probably wasn't done when they started development

Yeah, I'm pretty upset they wasted so much time on making a trash game like World

The sonyroaches are already coping

>MH Stories had the best artstyle in the series.

I'm actually hoping MH World/5/Whatever Freedom for the Switch takes on a more cel shaded and colorful tone, a la BotW. In fact, it's a dream of mine for them to incorporate universal climbing.

Can't say I agree with the other part. Whoever composed Amatsu theme, I heard he left Capcom, and it feels like there was a notable drop in quality from 4 to Gen where the new team felt like they were fighting hard to match 4's quality.

Its a massive fucking shame, MT was bloated to the point that ports to other platforms was 100% off the table and performance will never be locked on consoles.
Hopefully the next one runs on RE or something else.

Nigger I have a PS4, and I've played World, it's shit

meant for

Which is kinda shitty as all those QoL improvements in MHW was never implemented into the prior games because they really wanted MHW to be a quasi-reboot that was made to appeal to casuals.

stop responding to console warriors

Plus, if they made a new MH like World with the RE engine, they'd have to bend and twist the engine to make it more open world like, which is what they had to do with MT Frameworks when DD1 was in development.
This leads me to believe DD2 is gonna be using the RE engine in order to bring the engine into more open world stuff.
Personally, I'm hoping the next MH has that weird dog weapon they made a rough concept of

yeah, I'm expecting P5th or whatever to use RE Engine like how 3G switched to MTF with little issue, hopefully it's that simple

I said best themes mostly because of mizutsune, ahtal-ka and the arena themes. they hit a good spot for me.

Can you imagine if they didn't do anything with whatever MonHon game for the Switch like not adding all the QoL stuff in MHW or that they charge full price for a hard mode non-DLC version of the game?

I really would have liked to see a new weapon for 5th gen, one of the old concepts would be nice to see fully realized

Attached: MHxBuki-1.png (1024x732, 452K)

sure you did

Attached: MHxBuki-2.png (1024x736, 443K)

Its most likely going to happy since RE Engine supports all platforms was targets higher framerates since it has low CPU and ram requirements, and the general look of RE Engine games match what they were going for with MHW.
It reminds me when people said MT games all looked the same for awhile, guess its just a Capcom thing.

Attached: 20190308214913_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.72M)

now that DMC5 had a summoner style character with V, maybe it could inspire something similar with MH

Looks like they took the concept and made it the Insect Glaive instead.

This seems annoying/overpowered.

This is pretty much a proto magnet spike.

We desperately need a new gunner weapon
11 melee vs 3 gun is just sad

THIS!! Holy shit like the time Persona 5 R rumor was true and it was confirmed to be Switch exclusive!
COPING SONY ROACHES BTFO !!!

magnet spike is nothing like a boomerang, it's just a bigass crescent scythe with an attract/repel mechanic

I mean the design.
They just changed the throwing shit to a hammer and magnet stuff.

>N E X T
Next. Next WHAT?

I actually really liked underwater battles

Attached: ch22pg03.jpg (1084x2560, 565K)

>new mainline MH game
YAAAAY
>it'll most most likely have only low and high rank
BOOOOOOO

so did I user, it was one of the few things in the series that actually gave monsters appropriate buffs while nerfing you just enough to compensate and still be fun unlike trash gimmicks like apex and hyper, it almost made up for monster stamina, I honestly think that most people that hated it didn't even bother to learn to dodge vertically

I've wanted this ever since it was first mentioned. I also want it to be stuck wearing Gunner armor, assuming that comes back.
I'm curious if gyro could be implemented to make underwater control a bit easier. Maybe it's just because I haven't played 3rd gen for a while, but I miss it. I liked jumping at first, but I'm over it now.

people are forgetting Iceborne is just an update, there's nothing stopping capcom to announce a new game at TGS and release it next year.

Attached: 1631847665456.png (248x289, 182K)