ITT: Learn to play your character

I've been struggling to win consistently in Smash so I come to Yea Forums (of all places) for advice

My main is Isabelle, any basics or advanced techniques I can learn with her?

Attached: Isabelle.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smashcords.com/s5isabelle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Look up a guide.

use a better character lol

>he's gay
wew

Attached: rickandmorty_im_pickle_rick.jpg (800x960, 60K)

Not too familiar with Isabelle, but save your replays and reflect on them. That's helped me figure out some of what I do wrong, and fixed some bad habits.

play melee instead

I main Ganon since Melee, but use Isabelle to frustrate the fuck out of people because people think that fighting a cartoon dog with an anime sword fighter is ridiculous. Yet I kick their ass, but I'm not satisfied, I want some more advanced techniques

Attached: 1551234982743.png (924x656, 746K)

I love Isabelle so much.

Me too!

Attached: IMG_20190226_183709.jpg (399x399, 25K)

rod is super punishable, get good with shutting down everything your opponent tries to do with slingshot, always have lloyd in middle of stage or at get up roll range, just join this honestly smashcords.com/s5isabelle

Attached: thot patrol.png (277x407, 43K)

Pick a top tier.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Use more slingshots and less fishing rod, since that's what I assume you're doing wrong: Rod is a pretty commital tool and one that's way more situational than most bad players would let you believe: It's great against Low Recoveries though, so use it there. Learn to use your grounded tools well too, Isabelle has a solid UpTilt that combos into the likes of UpAir fairly well. Jab also has combos at High %, like Jab 1/2 into ForwardTilt or DownSmash.
Slingshots & Down B are still the core of your gameplan though, but they won't take you that far if not coupled with mixups from the aforementioned tools. As a Isabelle & Villager player, the most important for you is to read your opponent's options, most notably out of shield or whenever they try to approach. Jump? Slingshot or UpAir. Shield too much? Do some safe pressure with spaced jabs or other closup options to bait them into throwing an Out of Shield option that you can punish, or simply grab them. Roll? Punish with runup UpTilts or Grab.

play ganon or wolf or any sword character because that's all i fucking see online.
what a coincidence too, because Alpharad just made a video called "ganon is broken" and when ZeRo made a video titled "ike is broken", online saw an influx of ikes popping up. can you faggots be original for once, i haven't seen a pacman or a rosalina for months

Attached: angry.gif (246x205, 565K)

Thanks for the advice, some of the things you mentioned I already do altho the jab trick I didn't consider. I also spam a bit of dash attack to fair combos, hell that aerial attack is enough to spam kill and push an oponent to the horizontal blast zone with minimum %
I really thought jab was useless until you mentioned how it's good for follow ups. I'll keep stuff in mind.

My bro mains Pacman and MegaMan

Attached: 1551653948463.png (628x676, 501K)

Any good beginner advice for Inkling? Being a Splatfag made me really want them to be my main, but I haven't played since Melee and didn't feel very effective. I'd be interested in another character to play that might give me a different perspective and improve my Inkling too, if that makes sense

Attached: 773px-Inkling_SSBU.png (773x768, 384K)

Same situation here, I am wanting to main inkling but it isn't as fun to play at first

Back Air is ridiculously safe & your main tool for neutral, it practically has no lag & can combo into stuff at Low%. UpThrow is your go to combo throw, with stuff like UpThrow to Reverse Nair to Back Air or at higher%, UpThrow to UpAir, being your bread & butter. Use Splat Bomb for stage control & potential Ink refilling moments, it's also your best tool in ledgeguarding & edgeguarding, giving you easy snipes. On top of that, any poor recovery that doesn't quite ledge snap can be punished with your DownTilt. Your Jab is pretty broken too so make sure to use it to Ink up the opponent. On account of all these tools and you conditioning your opponent well enough, you can use Roller to net some kills at 90% or higher ( Higher if your opponent mashes well ).
Hope it helped a little, not that well versed into Inkling, main advice is really to just use Back Air: That move is fucking insane: Good spacing tool that's very safe & has combo potential if you use it right before landing.

Slingshot shorthops are great
Shorthop nair is a good defensive option
Side/Down tilts are great, you can chain a nair to a stilt pretty well
Always have a Lloid ready to go
And most of all, remember you can throw the fishing rod in the air for dirty offstage kills

Attached: CA15F80D-2434-4E4A-B035-85D6B13499AC.jpg (1024x768, 199K)

Any advice on Bayo?
As someone who hasn't played since Melee she;'s very hard to use, I sometimes get killed only because of her limited recovery

Attached: Super-Smash-Bros.-Ultimate.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

sounds good, cheers user

join the isabelle discord, you'll get better advice than anything Yea Forums will tell you

How the fuck do you judge hammer effectively. I feel like I can do anything else as G&W sufficiently except for that

Attached: fTYrQWsn4r-12.png (144x242, 8K)

I don't know the extent of your Bayonetta knowledge, but i'll try to explain some of the more basic stuff.
Bayonetta works in such a way that using your jump allows you to use UpB/SideB again if you already used it in the air. This is the basis of her combo game, because it enables stuff such as UpB/Side B/Jump & quickly UpB/Side B/Any Aerial, for example. You should really learn how to jump & UpB quickly, since it's useful for extending her combos. Other than that, just learn to mixup your approach options: Bayonetta isn't the best character at approaching but she has a good variety of moves which can start combos, including Down Tilt, Landing UpAir, Side B ( Grounded & The Downwards one you can do with a Hadoken like motion ) & Up B. Fish for Back Airs to put pressure on the opponent while they're at High%, that's your safest way to kill, outside of edgeguarding. Use lingering Neutral Air & UpAir in order to snipe recoveries easily.

How to I git gud with Pacman? Ive gone to a monthly tournament twice now, and so for I've been beaten by a Palutena, a Mario (twice), and a PokeTrainer.

Any strategies against those 3 characters in particular would be greatly appreciated.

Attached: 1551220674011.png (297x314, 162K)

Use it off of mixups. Nothing is really true but if your opponent doesn't react, These can work:
>Jab 1 to Judge
>Drag Down Neutral Air to Judge
Game&Watch doesn't have mixups as strong as he did in Smash 4, and generally Judge is a pretty unreliable clutch. You can use it whenever you read some of the more obvious options, like a Ledge getup or an Out of Shield option, but usually, you can do a bit better.

Gotcha, user. I'll put it into practice

>no NSFW allowed
fuck

Attached: 1552369421648.png (800x460, 282K)

mario has stubby limbs, abuse this and get below him

I can't give up advice against PT because my knowledge of the character is pretty shabby, but i'll try for Mario. As Pac-Man in this matchup, you should first be wary of how much you commit with being in the air, since as you probably know, Mario's UpAir is a good combo starter, throwing Hydrant may work a bunch of times to throw him off but he kind of wins that exchange in terms of risk/reward. Mario really isn't as potent with grab combos as he may have been before, so don't hesitate with shielding, and answering with Nair or sometimes Trampoline. If you've managed to condition Mario into a strategy that's more defensive, with retreating BackAirs & fireballs, that's your opportunity to set up zoning tools. Do remember also that if Mario approaches with fireballs, you can snipe him with a Full Hop Back Air that will often eat the FireBall, giving you good positioning. You really don't have to be afraid of the Cape too much. If you see Mario using it too much, it's because you're being predictable with your Hydrant usage. Instead of BackAir or NeutralAir-ing it, mix it up with Jab or UpB, and gain the stage control to charge different fruits. At Higher%, be careful of Mario's strong UpSmash Out of Shield, it's really good and difficult to punish, but not completely undoable: Just remember to mixup with Dash Attacks for crossups, and Full Hop approaches and Hydrant snipes.