Sonic Movie Plot details

reddit.com/r/SonicTheMovie/comments/ayfi5j/saw_the_movie_ama/?sort=top

>Sonic's origins: Sonic escapes his birth planet as a baby (rings are how Sonic got to Earth. He can throw one and imagine a place and it will take him there), is found by an owl and grows up on Earth. Ends up alone after some time and grows up staying hidden. He pretty much scavenges and lives in the shadows. He is known as "the blue devil" to the locals and thought of as an urban legend until he is found out about. Loneliness gets to him which leads to the government bringing in Robotnik to find the energy disturbance caused by Sonic. (Sonic makes an electrically charged run when he focuses or gets extremely emotional. His charged run is why he gets detected and how doc comes into the film.) Hijinks ensue and a good story is told as Tom the cop and Sonic become besties.

>How Sonic and Tom meet: Tom has raccoon problems in his trash. When he goes to deal with it, he sees Sonic face to face for the first time. He tranqs him and puts him in a cage. Robotnik shows up, but they escape and Tom begrudgingly agrees to help Sonic. Sonic has to go to San Francisco because he activated his ring portal power and dropped the bag of rings into it, dumping them on top of the Golden Gate Bridge (donuts may also be involved? The wording on that detail was a bit confusing). Tom drives him there because he is moving to San Francisco to prove to himself that he can handle real cop crime and not Montana small world problems. Tika Sumpter plays Tom's wife Annie. She's a veterinarian and since she was known to Sonic when he watched them from afar as being kind to animals, he felt he could trust them both.

Attached: sonicmovie.jpg (292x173, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidio.us/watch?v=HPJM6ww5hNU
youtube.com/watch?v=3aMZibF-wx0
youtube.com/watch?v=vUHvD277Zug
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Eggman’s role: Robotnik (who is never referred to as Eggman) is just a psycho doc that works for the government initially. He has drones that can track and shoot, as well as a large tank. He's super obnoxiously smart and makes tons of comments in the film about how superior his brain is. Has the typical long coat and all dark evil scientist look, short mustache as well initially. He gradually gets crazier and more obsessed with Sonic as the film goes, and doesn’t rock the signature look until tail end of movie, when he is defeated and ends up on a foreign planet that Sonic was supposed to escape to in the event of being found on earth. He is now hefty and rocking the full blown 'stache.

>Misc Extras: There is one major car chase scene/battle. Sonic flosses (the dance move) afterwards. In another scene, Sonic creates an Earth bucket list after Tom agrees to help him get his rings back. Sonic sneaks off while Tom makes a phone call in a backwoods gas station. Sonic creates a ruckus and a bar fight ensues.

>Other Sonic characters in the movie: None. It's just Sonic and Eggman.

>r*ddit

Attached: 1551031132584.jpg (916x834, 90K)

cringe and bluearms

>Electrically charged run
>takes place in the real world
>Sonic is friends with a human being
DImensional merge actually happened, Chris was right

Attached: C02A73F9-4B90-415D-88FD-4637C9DEBBFD.png (1378x1706, 1.15M)

>Sonic flosses

Que triggered millennials pretending to be boomers

ZAP TO THE EXTREME MUTHAFUCKA

>ESL phoneposter
How embarrassing.

Attached: 1551633027268.jpg (2000x1087, 365K)

>doesn’t rock the signature look until tail end of movie, when he is defeated and ends up on a foreign planet that Sonic was supposed to escape to in the event of being found on earth.
fucking dropped

>hijinks ensue and a good story is told
Doubt.jpg

I hope it bombs.

>Robotnik (who is never referred to as Eggman)
Yeah... This is what set off my bullshit alarm. He's been called Eggman internationally for nearly all of this franchise's history, why bother changing it back now?

Attached: satam eggman adventure.png (1065x1482, 2.87M)

Because people would point out the ridiculousness of the name, like how it was in the first Xmen movie with the yellow spandex.

>Source of potential news breaks on Reddit
>how dare you reference the forbidden website reeeee

>is found by an owl
Kaepora Gaebora? Yeah, I'm thinking the Nintendo cinematic universe has finally been confirmed, lads

>Because people would point out the ridiculousness of the name

So you mean to tell me they got Jim Carrey to play a character who isn't a caricature of a bipolar spastic, or that Doctor Eggman isn't a lanky obese manchild who wants to take over the world to make a theme park with his walrus face plastered all over it?

It doesn't matter that the name is silly, the character is meant to be silly.

Attached: Jim Carrey Eggman.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

>good story
Fake and gay

They should make him appear with a giant mecha suit (basically a not!Egg-Robo) with "EGGMAN" written in the torso and the when Sonic kicks his ass everyone in the news calls him "the eggman" for that and then the police confirms it's doctor Robotnik but not before people just get used to the name to the point everyone just calls him "the eggman guy" or just "Eggman"

>Sonic flosses (the dance move) afterwards
What the fuck

Attached: KRAKK!.jpg (429x520, 149K)

Op is fake and gay but this is pretty much garunteed.
Even fucking Billy Batson is doing it.

Tbh, Sonic flossing seems pretty in-character

>Can teleport
>Needs to run

blue talking hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound who wears nike shows = not silly

ring powers that portal you wherever = not silly

once again, a talking fucking blue hedgehog running at the speed of sound = not silly

a silly character is called eggman = let's NOT GO TOO FUCKING FAR. THAT IS SILLY.

Attached: 1510105991306.png (390x340, 167K)

Because mutts are fucking stupid

Ya know, this actually sounds like an alright plot for a game based movie. No Amy sounds like a fucking godsend. Still gonna wait for trailers.

appeal to Classicfags who never played anything past the Genesis games.

I'm not saying that the name being silly is a bad thing. I'm just using the reasoning that most producers would use for justifying a change.

Yeah he already breakdances

Ok, but he's not really called anything in those games, there's no dialouge or text. The only way you'd know to call him Robotnik would be to read the instruction manual.

Attached: jolly eggman.gif (311x330, 470K)

Theres also several classicfag cartoons that call him robotnik, along with a game where his name is in the title.

holy shit they really want this to fail dont they

>We want the Mean Bean Machine audience

I would watch it if they CWC in it

SEGA has no control over the movie whatsoever, unlike, say, the comics. If IDW wanted to do “baby Sonic” SEGA would’ve shut that down in a heartbeat, but Paramount has free reign to do all sorts of shit SEGA would frown upon.

Calling him Robotnik isn’t that far fetched.

>Sonic has to go to San Francisco because he activated his ring portal power and dropped the bag of rings into it, dumping them on top of the Golden Gate Bridge

So the impetus for the plot is sonic collecting a bunch of rings that he lost like a dumbass. Appropriate.

>this film comes out 2 weeks before Frozen fucking 2

it's like they sent it to die lmao

Attached: 11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif (290x189, 2.9M)

another red flag is that bongs get it like 3 months AFTER US, which is fucking weird.

Eggman becoming a mocking nickname that he hates in the sequel would make sense.

Which is why this is fake. If not even Sega does things that make sense with this franchise, then hollywood damn sure won't.

>eggman is about to win
>egg reverie pinch swells
>amy appears right in the mech
>hit in the balls
>*record scratch*
>everyone says "OOOOOOOOOH" in unison
>all the guys cross their legs in sympathy pain
>tails puts paws (hands?) over eyes and whimpers
>mighty quips "THAT'S GOTTA HURT"
>close up on eggman's face with him cross-eyed
>he says in a silly high pitched voice while looking in the camera
>"Wowie zowie! Riiiiiiiiiiight in my chaos emeralds!"
>cut to Iizuka holding the phantom ruby while holding the mania team's leashes
>"TOO FRAR, RIGHT MRANIA TEAM?"
>credits

>The only way you'd know to call him Robotnik would be to read the instruction manual.
Which kids actually did back then

I prefer the script where he runs over eggman with an SUV.

DID I DO THAT?

Leaked clip of sonic escaping his planet.

Attached: Sonic movie.gif (591x251, 1.97M)

gay as fuck

Remember that for Marvel, a successful real African country sounded sillier than pretty much everything else in the MCU, which is why they had to create Wakanda.

Actually kinda happened in the last movie
Well just the hit in the balls part really

Attached: Ouch.jpg (200x150, 8K)

Is the gangsta's paradise trailer out yet?

>SEGA has no control over the movie whatsoever
Uh, sauce? Because without evidence to suggest as much, it could easily be part of their deal that he'll only be called Eggman.
For example, here's a portion of the deal between Marvel and Sony regarding Spider-Man. If it says something like "The evil scientist has to be named Doctor Eggman", then Paramount will have to abide by that.

Attached: what spider-man has to be like.png (574x864, 96K)

It's so cookie cutter Hollywood fare, It must be true.

>San Francisco
This needs to fucking stop

Do you even know the age range of a millennial? because I think you got memed so hard, you are lost in a deep confusion.

>it's real
Why...

Howso? If it was releasing the same week, or shortly after I'd get it, it would be an option to take competing ticket sales from the movie. But Disney's Marvel's Square Enix's Frozen II the New Batch won't compete with movies launched before it until its launch week.

If the F2 has longevity that could stretch into the next year being generous. Releasing before it is the best option a bottom of the rung 'animated' competitor has available.

i hate everything about this

I have no clue what you're trying to say. This doesn't make any sense. Wakanda is silly in any context, African or not.
And Wakanda wasn't created for the MCU anyway. Really, what in the world are you trying to say?

>rings are how Sonic got to Earth. He can throw one and imagine a place and it will take him there
This is fucking retarded.

>male
But the last movie had 2 girl Spidermen.

Attached: doubles.jpg (500x461, 138K)

It's a month after, December 26th. It's almost as if the UK branch realised how fucking dumb releasing it that close to Frozen is.

Wait Poker wasn't a girl?

kek

Because Sega hated the design
But they went with it anyway.

If they can't keep the most important thing about the movie on their control, I doubt they have control over eggmans name.

Those weren't Spider-Men. They were Spider-Gwen and Penny Parker.

Does anybody in Hollywood play video games? Why couldn't they hire Flynn or the Sonic Boom writers, even Fleetway people. I guess they didn't have the wrong connections.

>gains his powers while in middle school or college
>middle school
Has he ever gained his powers in fucking middle school in any incarnation? Or college for that matter?

What I'm saying is exactly what you're experiencing right now. What Hollywood considers too silly is so fucking random and stupid when you put it in the context of the whole franchise of what they're adapting that it's useless to try to think logically about it, you'll just end up with a headache trying to make sense out of it.

I prefer the simple elegance of Adam Sandler saying "AAAAAAA my fire balls!"

Attached: 1537152476138.jpg (1854x1550, 528K)

>Things keep getting worse
Post ending in 5 or 0 decides the next reveal for this movie

Attached: 1552326538723.jpg (500x375, 18K)

Yes, in several cartoons shows he is one of those things.

>Has he ever gained his powers in fucking middle school in any incarnation
616, fucking 20 years ago

It's a kirby crossover.

They tease Shadow at the end credits. Shadow is every stereotype you hate about what people think Shadow is.

Sonic has visible, constantly erect nipples in the final cut of the movie

I will now see your movie

Fart jokes

Execs correlate success with "realism" since the success of Nolan's Batman. That tells them that the general western audience rejects camp in favor of a retelling that's more grounded in reality, more fit for live action. They're not going to bring in people who represent what they're trying to move away from.

Who funds this shit

Attached: bullshit.jpg (570x558, 87K)

somebody post that zoomer edit

>que
¿que?

But still, not in any Sony movie right? In Spiderman he was in high school, In Amazing, he's in high school, and same for homecoming though he doesn't gain his powers in that film. Also in Spidervese both Parkers gain it when they're in high school.

Hot take: I fucking hate the name Eggman, they never should have changed it from Robotnik. He's supposed to be a world dominating evil mastermind not a fucking bullshit cooking utensil your grandma buys off some fucking infomercial at 4am.

>Sonic goes to a Sonic to eat chilidogs
>everyone claps

It's set in the same universe of Woody Woodpecker

Attached: 1826F8B0-6372-4A19-B179-4A2446C6189E.jpg (290x173, 12K)

Sonic's friends appear at the last minute and they all have an orgy like at the end of Sausage Party

Attached: rougeface.png (330x236, 25K)

Attached: 1518321480171.png (208x260, 90K)

He is a morbidly obese walrus man. You have read too many Archies.

The movie makes fun of Game Grumps

You sound like Dobson. Sorry the original version isn't to your western liking.

Attached: 1492981963927.png (474x750, 464K)

The song during the ending credits is a techno cover of Life in the Fast Lane

wally would be a good eggman knockoff.

Attached: wally walrus.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>they wrote a 90's movie for a 90's character
Really reminds me of how Japanese things used to get localized when nobody knew how to speak Japanese.

Attached: S1_Giant_Ring.png (320x224, 10K)

I wish.

I meant this Woody Woodpecker universe, user. The premise is too fucking similar.

Attached: colorful nightmare.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

Ha-ha-ha-HAAAAA HA
Ha-ha-ha-HAAAAA HA
Ha-ha-ha-HAAAAA HA
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Attached: 1538893708108.png (600x768, 442K)

>the main character meets Sonic the Hedgehog when he's rummaging around in the garbage like a wild animal.
come ON.

The main character's a fucking cop. Start the movie with him getting busted down to speed patrol on some deserted strip of road. He sits out there for days while nothing happens. Then suddenly his radar gun jumps up to several hundred MPH for a second, but he doesn't see anything fly by. Maybe just a plume of dust or something. He figures it's a malfunction and ignores it. It happens again several times over several days. Have him set up some kind of trap to maybe catch whatever this fast thing might be and then have him meet Sonic.

I wrote that just now in 20 seconds. I have to imagine any non-retard screenwriter could bang out something better than "one of video games most iconic characters eats garbage to survive"

>hot take
a contrarian opinion on Yea Forums? thanks for labelling it

It's kind of a precedence set by comic book movies

Dis gunna be glorious.

Attached: Jim Carey as Eggman.jpg (798x420, 43K)

The people making the movie are going off the first zone of Sonic 1 and the back of the box for everything. Why do you think?
Robotnik is a ridiculous name. Reading this description, it sounds like they want him to be referred to as "Eggman" in the future so it's stupid to not drop the name once in the film, at least mockingly.

>not a homosexual
Seems like Raimi was just following orders

Don't forget.

Attached: no.png (596x601, 340K)

>Hey gobby, after we're done here I'll be visiting your wife's grave for a little date!
Spidey's a real dickhead in the Raimi movies.

what would a Rami Sonic movie have been like I wonder

>Trailer has Gangsta's Paradise
>JunkieXL is working on the soundtrack
Wtf is this movie in terms of soundtrack?

Pastebin exists you fucking noids.

Attached: The next time someone on 4chan tries to shame you for telling people to fuck off back to reddit remi (2048x1024, 330K)

to be fair OP at least dumped the text anyway

That's actually pretty good.

Hmmph. Yeah. I guess.

Attached: 1338552775972.jpg (157x175, 13K)

He was providing the source of the information and then gave you the text of the source

Thank god I do not know what "flossing" is, and please nobody tell me, let me remain pure.

This sounds like some Chris Chan shit.

SONIC RUNS OVER EGGMAN WITH A GREEN SUV.

Attached: Sonic driving a Green SUV.png (1024x682, 924K)

Is Sonic as a franchise truly immortal?

Attached: tumblr_n5a5fcccls1rlrnwdo1_400.gif (300x303, 393K)

>nothing about being smothered by cute and funny
This is a shit movie

Attached: 08882C7B-789F-49B0-A5C7-B398B34F9117.jpg (1451x2048, 299K)

>chris chan
>blue arms
he's gonna do a shooting on the cinema

It doesn’t revolve entirely around Chris so not really

I'M SONIC, SONIC THE ROADHOG!

Attached: Sonic Movie Script.jpg (750x891, 135K)

Attached: Blank+_8ccd24aa3dd8b62390204514215b765f.jpg (800x481, 89K)

It survives based off autism and it's visual identity alone. Regardless of how bad some of the games are, it still makes a profit.

Attached: Bat Wife.jpg (210x240, 13K)

>and his WHITE COP FRIENDS
Everytime.

Attached: 1552116749189.jpg (960x772, 64K)

I can't wait to see what Chris has to say about this movie.

Have you read Sonichu? This is strictly smalltime compared it.

He's apparently going to be "Boycotting and Distantly Protesting This 2019 'Movie.'"

Attached: cwc thoughts on sonic movie.jpg (1080x8572, 2.04M)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to go postal on a theater over this movie.

>Sonic... id to talk to you about the Smash Bros initiative

Attached: super-mario-gets-a-mercedes-in-this-awesome-ad.jpg (1340x1005, 55K)

his son would cry if chris-chan ends up in jail.

People desperate for the next big hit
Really fucking desperate

Mario comes to talk to Sonic about the Smash Initiative after the end credits

The movie has a jab at the detective Pikachu movie, acting like it can even compete

>Plebbit
>obvious lies

At least you tried user.

Attached: Its Ben.jpg (600x678, 250K)

CWC cameo or Sonichu is the antagonist

Attached: 1528406448976.jpg (960x720, 49K)

Sonic's first line in the reveal is a vine reference.

Since all theses new realistic interpretation movies are coming out, when are we getting a realistic loli movie?

Attached: DCC7A645-7D2E-4D57-A33E-10C1F15E821A.jpg (600x844, 135K)

>quiet black screen
>'This summer...' in plain white text
>piano starts playing
>stars in the sky going out one by one as Samus looks on
>cut to various people covering their faces and crying
>"These readings... we've never seen anything like them before."
>Mario falls to a single knee, battered and bruised
>Sonic tries to help up Simon Belmont
>'To stop him...'
>shot of Tabuu in the sky
>CG buildings getting destroyed, people running and screaming
>silence
>'They'll need all the help they can get'
>Various shots of video game characters gearing up for battle
>pan-around shot of the main heroes (Original 12 plus Sonic)
>slow-motion scene of them running towards Tabuu's army
>'SUPER SMASH BROS.'
>bunch of celebrity names appear onscreen
>quick shot of Master Hand laughing
>'with Tim Curry'

Attached: 1544827757387.jpg (680x681, 77K)

And that source is our mortal enemy who must never be named, since you don't know this tyou need to go back.

>Weird Al doing Hedgehog America
Okay whenever the next Yea Forums musical is this shit HAS to get in I swear to fuck

Attached: 1543559540827.png (743x800, 1.45M)

>Yesh...Izz mee Mareeeoooo...

Attached: 296F68CA00000578-3114812-image-m-121_1433740385394.jpg (634x854, 132K)

When Hollywood finally comes clean

Attached: 1.png (247x274, 113K)

jews

Attached: 1448141119500.jpg (1560x1200, 892K)

If this movie actually calls him Robotnik instead of eggman Ill go see it

He will always be robotnik
eggman is a horrible name

>this is the movie fanbase

Yeah its appealing to us 35yo boomers
Im going to reward that shit
He better says snooping as usual at some point, then Id clap

>Sonic escapes his birth planet as a baby
Um, guys?

Attached: SU_Sonic baby.png (959x716, 713K)

>muh secret club

What the hell did they really give him a bulge?

>changed it
Except Robotnik was the change made or the burger. Eggman is his original name.
Eggman was always meant to be silly character who got edged up by localizers.

Supposedly, yes.

Attached: Six feet underground.gif (300x225, 1.42M)

There's no bulge there, you degenerate. His body is a circle, and that's a diaper pin.

>eggman is a horrible name
>For a character who is designed to look like an egg.

Attached: 255px-Warlord-Doctor_Julian_Ivo_Eggman_Mach_Two.jpg (255x339, 56K)

Babby Sonic was actually already leaked, as part of a toy line for the movie.

Go be retarded somewhere else

Attached: 1552386218300.jpg (474x750, 157K)

FUCK OFF.
IT NEEDS TO BE A SECRET FROM THE LIKES OF YOU.

Attached: 1549625001185.gif (500x625, 1.78M)

I’m subscribing to the theory that Baby Sonic is just a baby hedgehog and not some Baby Grinch-tier monstrosity.

An actual baby hedgehog plush would be an easy sell for girls.

They've clearly been calling him Robotnik when they talk to the writers, and didn't Jim Carrey also say he was playing Robotnik?

It doesn't matter what Sega of Japan does, Robotnik as a name isn't going away.

>Robotnik is a terrible name
>For a character who builds robots

I promise, ir's going to be as bad as you think it is, and more.

>Archiefags triggered by the canon material
Of course this movie is going to succeed, what better way to spite those demons at SEGA for ruining their epic furry drama.

Attached: 1456377474531.png (750x600, 36K)

He's gonna get ya

based classicfags

Looks like its supposed to be a pin for his diaper.

>People are still triggered that Robotnik is his canon name

Attached: retard.jpg (1013x821, 105K)

>geralt
shit you stink

Are you retarded?

Sure it's canon, but does it matter when it's almost never used.

phew

invidio.us/watch?v=HPJM6ww5hNU

It was used when Sonicteam and Sega still cared i.e when they were still in the console market.

Becaouse Sega has no imput whatsoever in the movie and they have admitted as such, to the point they don't even like Sonic's redesign

But back then it was localation only

>spurging this hard over red*it
I hate that place as much as the next guy, but you are on a whole new level of autism.

how much years till (((Hollywood))) runs out of ideas and finally picks up TGT?

>Implying they didn't run out decades ago
How old are you?

>canon
>Sonic

Hey, remember when the moon got blown the fuck up in that very game? Ain't weird how every single game afterwards will show it intact, including the ones that are direct sequels to it?
Sonic has no fucking canon. There's selective continuity at best.

Attached: SA2_SpaceColony_EpicCannon moon sonic.png (606x1214, 616K)

To be fair Sonic -tried- to have a canon, but the overall story was so fucking disjointed and riddled with plotholes that 06 for all intents and purposes rebooted it comic book-style

Whatever helps you cope when the Adventure games came out they made a point to merge the two names and Robotnik became his real name while Eggman was his nickname and thats just how it is.

The sonic canon was fine up to Sonic Advance 3 after that Shadow fucked it up

If this is real, then it's pretty stupid and needlessly complicated; and enjoyed SA2's story. I could probably come up with something better than this.

>sonic movie features ganster's paradise
>jojo part 5 doesnt

Bad timeline

But here's the thing though, it's such a badly written cliche that there's an 80 percent chance of it being real.

Because movie execs

You just happened to be seeing the intact side every time

It really annoys me that western culture is still at the point where they cant have a villain be called Dr Eggman in their dumb movie about a hedgehog that can run fast

BUT IT'S NOT REALISTIC REEEE

Sequels already in development.

>He doesn't know

Attached: af7e8b_215c2c9033554e9ca450a915dcf5accb.jpg (638x418, 30K)

Sonic 1 you fucking nigger

God damn it, now I have this mental image of black suit Spidey asking kids if they wanna buy weed in alleyways

Niggerring everything like always, thanks joos

I know that perfectly, I still prefer robotnik

>, when he is defeated and ends up on a foreign planet that Sonic was supposed to escape to in the event of being found on earth. He is now hefty and rocking the full blown 'stache.
Ok, movie seem shit but that's pretty cool.
is GUN in the movie?

And after Sonic Adventure 2 Robotnik was completely dropped from the games.

>is GUN in the movie?
No anything related to Adventure must never be referenced for some reason.

>And after Sonic Adventure 2 Robotnik was completely dropped from the games.
Wrong it was still referenced until they canon got fucked after 06

When was he called Robotnik in Heroes and Shadow?

The name Robotnik was used when talking about his family. He at that point embraced the nickname Eggman.

I'VE CAME TO MAKE AN ANNOUCEMENT

>linking reddit
>reddit spacing
you are a worthless piece of shit you cunt faced vermin

>Thread degenerated into Aeris / Aerith autism
You deserve this movie, you fucking faggots

The canon didin't get fucked in 06. What got fucked? Unleashed is the one that fucked the canon.

>You deserve this movie, you fucking faggots
>implying they even deserve games
They're going to see the movie anyway, even if it looks dogshit

Attached: 1552344496559.png (467x616, 250K)

Everyone calls him Eggman as an insult though. I'm sure people not familiar with Sonic would pick up on that.

>The canon didin't get fucked in 06. What got fucked? Unleashed is the one that fucked the canon.
True to a certain extent but 06 being what it was is what doomed the cannon. So I put the blame mostly on it.

Again, where in Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog was "Robotnik" said?

>X game doomed the Sonic canon
Excuse me what

Maria Robotnik? Gerald Robotnik? The name wasn't dropped.

>separating paragraphs and points, something that is taught in schools and has been done for centuries, is "reddit spacing"
You know what else redditors do? Eat, drink, breathe, and walk. You might want to stop doing those now.

What is happening

>Reddit spacing
>From the copy/paste text from reddit
You don't say.

Attached: 3302ae5.jpg (1305x1310, 205K)

This honestly feels like a huge Pro for everyone. People who hate Sonic's friends don't have to worry about seeing them in the film; people who love Sonic's friends don't have to worry about the film creating shitty versions of them.

Attached: SonicsRivals.jpg (640x360, 77K)

Chaos would probably look pretty good in the art style they are going for desu

When they refer to professor "Gerald Robotnik," Eggman's grandfather. What the hell is wrong with you?

To think, despite this movie likely being a shit show, it will still be competitive against Star Wars

Attached: theabsolutestate.png (1332x1656, 1.95M)

It could take some time but you can actually figure out what goes on in 06. Unleashed places Sonic on a different planet and moves the chaos emeralds and changes the way the people look... and...

Why not just use the chaos emeralds instead

fuck
tom is literally chris-chan

surely he'd steal robots with that name

even the games don't use the chaos emeralds anymore

>star wars 9
It's really that far? Fucking hell. This is becoming the land before time.

Now, where is Eggman's Archie comic American first name, Ivo, spoken in any of the games?

Some people just can't let it go, even though said people haven't cared about Sonic in years

Where the fuck did the subset of "fuck Sonic's dumb friends" come from anyway? It cant be the classic fans, their favorite games are Sonic 3&K and Mania, and it cant be from the modern crowd either, since their favorite games tend to be Sonic Adventure/Heroes.

>even the games don't use the chaos emeralds anymore
That has more to do with that specific Director. His games (storybooks, Colors, Lost World, and Forces) just happen to not usually feature them.

Sonic Adventure 2 when he narrates the Team Dark opening. Also, Archie didn't invent "Ivo," the SEGA America team did (the Adventures of Sonic cartoon called him that once or twice). What point are you trying to make here?

I still wonder why would Forces shit in Chaos that much. I mean, I'd (kinda) understand if only Shadow, Metal Sonic and Chaos were reproduced by Infinite because Chaos is the less popular of the 3 but why shit on Chaos when FUCKING ZAVOK is here too?

Saving them for Sonic: Chaos War

The immediate backlash from both Shadow's solo outting and Sonic 06 having 9 playable characters had people begging for Sonic to go back to basics.

>Now, where is Eggman's Archie comic American first name, Ivo, spoken in any of the games?
Stop moving the goalpost

Game journos and the like who haven't touched a Sonic game or cared about the franchise at all since Adventure. Basically the people and are talking about.

Said people are also the reason modern Sonic stories are completely JUSTed now, because they shat all over Unleashed (Perfect tone for Sonic) and praised le epic Baldy McNosehair humor in Colors.

Attached: it's over.png (1334x1334, 748K)

>ANOTHER Terminator reboot
just give up already

They likely didn't wanna repeat the Generations boss battles, so you just fought Zavok, Infinite and a modified Metal Sonic.

That or the theory that they are pushing Zavok, as Sonic's Bowser.

Just saying that you people are extremely desperate to not call him by his name that he was created with by the people who created him.

No I call him Eggman but that is his nickname and has been since the Adventure games.

They could just modify Chaos too, imagine a Phatom Ruby powered Chaos, THAT would have been fucking amazing and new, not just the same battle again like Generations did.
Meanwhile all Zavok got was a big bee badnik. Fucking pathetic

>he thinks Sonic writing is bad because of normies
>not because the writers are trying to make it palatable to the target sonic audience: autists
>obviously can't please autists
>and now the writing is too ridiculous for anyone else to enjoy it either
this is first grade, spongebob

After seeing this thread I'm fully convinced that Chris Chan could write a more competent and entertaining film than Sega

>than Sega
They don't have anything to do with the movie. They gave the rights to Paramount and the project 100% became theirs. As we know with movie Sonic's eyes, they didn't even get final say on his design in the film.

But the "autists" prefer the more serious action-oriented stories like the ones in both Adventure games and Unleashed, and HATE everything since Colors. For normies it's the exact opposite. Forces attempted to appeal to people who wanted a more serious story but failed horribly because all their good writers are gone now.

But autists were the ones who liked the darker tone in the Adventure games and hate campy shit.

The average episode of Spongebob has a more involved plot that Sonic nowadays

He's too busy being controlled by the new Idea Guys: Sarah and Steve.

>Forces attempted to appeal to people who wanted a more serious story but failed horribly because all their good writers are gone now.
and Lost World attempted to appeal to the light, not-taken-seriously, Saturday Morning Cartoon vibe and also failed horribly at that because it made the main characters obnoxious and turned the new villains into non-threats.

Fake and gay

>Sonic makes an electrically charged run when he focuses or gets extremely emotional
Sonic
is
not
Pikachu

this sounds like autism, normies don't give a fuck they just want to go fast
I'm pretty sure everyone (see: gamers who are usually a 6-30 year old age group, with the majority being teenagers) at the time liked adventure you nard
not the newer seasons

Sonichu

>But the "autists" prefer the more serious action-oriented stories like the ones in both Adventure games and Unleashed, and HATE everything since Colors. For normies it's the exact opposite. Forces attempted to appeal to people who wanted a more serious story but failed horribly because all their good writers are gone now.
This is just untrue every normalfag i've talked to about sonic wants the return of the adventure style stories and gameplay

Sonic Lost World shuldn't be among those

>Opening night of Sonic The Movie
>Theater reeks of autistic manbabbies who haven't showered
>Every new plot revelation that doesn't match game canon is met with "REEEEEEEE!" and the sound of 200 autistics smashing their fists into their own heads
>By the end of the movie the entire crowd of autistics will be on their feet pacing angrily and screaming at the screen as the teenage ushers try to keep them calm
>the autistic outrage will spill into the street as the world's first autism riot
Can't wait to see it. I'm going to reserve a seat in the back to watch the crowd.

Will this movie have a sonic vs eggman rap battle like mania did?
youtube.com/watch?v=3aMZibF-wx0

Maybe now but 10-15 years ago there were normalfags that hated the Adventure stories and wanted something more like the 2D games.

>cues up
>power and the money. money and the power. minute after minute. hour after hour. everybody's running-
>cuts to sonic

>Sonic makes an electrically charged run when he focuses or gets extremely emotional
Is this a pikachu?

This is absolutely the most bullshit thing I've read this year but it sounds just bad enough that I believe every fucking word of it.

>Maybe now but 10-15 years ago there were normalfags that hated the Adventure stories and wanted something more like the 2D games.
That was just a kneejerk reaction to the garbage that was 06.

>Black actress as wife
WMBF wins again!
Also
>He's super obnoxiously smart and makes tons of comments in the film about how superior his brain is.
ZIMBABWE

What are you going on about?

He's saying that the idea of Sonic being smart and bragging about it whilst also correcting people for pedantic reasons is very similar to The Big Bang Theory.

But Eggman is the one bragging.

Oh, well then I'm retarded. No clue why I assumed it was Sonic. Still, The Big Bang Theory comparison is what he was going for.

WHERE THE FUCK IS BARTLEBY

>Adaptation
>Completely disregard's source material's story because "lol vidya stories"
>Adaptation's story is worse than than source's
Kinda insulting, in a way.

>He is known as "the blue devil"
Couldn't they come up with something more creative? Like "blue speed demon", at least?

Attached: mean bean machine.jpg (800x397, 107K)

Just go with the Blue Blur, people have been calling him that since the Genesis.

sonic is actually will smith

wow that sounds pretty go-
>Sonic flosses
nevermind

Attached: demonic screeching.png (512x512, 388K)

>Deleted
mods what the hell

That's not how the moon works

The science is bullshit, but that's what Iizuka said the official answer is when asked about the inconsistency.

The joys of black women i guess

Attached: 1512188859418.png (534x758, 244K)

>hundreds of autistic nerds marching and destroying property as they recite their heroes mantra "DON'T. CALL. ANYBODY!"

But that's not what it's supposed to be. Sonic is synchronizing with Metal Sonic, so Sonic is reacting to Metal Sonic accidentially looking up Seira's skirt.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

I thought the point of it was the he ACTUALLY did get hit in the balls, but Robotnik only thought he was synchronizing with Metal.

boy did I miss a lot in this thread, sxsw is very soon tho

Sorry, I forgot we were in 2010 when these jokes were still new.

Attached: sable2.png (275x275, 126K)

>coolieo
>light speed dash
>Mr. Ow

I think at this point anyone could puke in Sega's direction and get funding for whatever sonic based project they want.

Attached: 1333493971960.jpg (460x346, 42K)

Do you have your pepper spray ready for theater workers that offend Sonics honor?

Attached: 1528862920427.jpg (550x448, 63K)

You still make no fucking sense. Marvel makes up foregin countries for their supers because they know jack shit about the local politics and they don't have to worry about stepping on any toes. Its the same reason why Doom and Namor have their own made up countries. Even DC does it with Gotham, Metroplias, and more.

New York and the USA in general is used because Marvel HQ is in NY and everyone the staff knows how to write the city. And even then, they don't tread the political line.

tl:dr Marvel has reasons, studio not so much.

someone have the copypasta "leak" where sonic ends up killing robotnik chasing him in hollywood in a tiny SUV and the end credits song is a weird al parody of this is america?

Attached: 1534903117806.jpg (667x467, 70K)

Seconded, I want to see that copypasta again.

Attached: pingas.jpg (455x525, 162K)

see

Attached: 1535924586411.png (200x176, 66K)

>Sonic flosses

Attached: 1546024425962.jpg (416x279, 25K)

>Sonic flosses
Can't he just drop out of a helicopter and skateboard his way through San Fransisco similar to SA2? That's way cooler.

Attached: 3d9.png (728x1096, 1016K)

At this point, Yea Forums iv Yea Forums's mortal enemy.

Lego Batman flossed in commercials for The Lego Movie 2
Shazam (Captain Marvel) flossed in commercials for the Shazam movie

Not super-surprising to see Sonic doing it in this movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=vUHvD277Zug

I guess I can live with the flossing if the context fits.

Considering how much this deviates to what SEGA has wanted as a brand for years and how stingy they are with Archie and then IDW as well as changing a massive amount of things for Boom such as the original radical designs and not being allowed to explore the origins of the characters, there is no doubt in my mind that they signed away creative control.

Sonic's not supposed to be cool anymore.

>Uh, sauce?
The fact that one of the people working on the movie flat out said that SEGA isn't happy with Sonic's final design and yet the movie is going forward with it anyway.

>rock the signature Look
>mfw it's this costume and not modern Eggman's outfit.

Attached: robuttnik.jpg (661x400, 78K)

Attached: GENIE.png (1603x895, 1.4M)

That'd be unironic kino

Attached: 1544326638616.jpg (463x462, 46K)