Is it just me or are the controls in Devil May Cry really unintuitive?

Is it just me or are the controls in Devil May Cry really unintuitive?
I only played DMC4 a long time ago and tried DMC5 yesterday. I just can't really get behind switching between locking on and not to do different moves or back forward attacks. Isn't there a better way to do this?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 58K)

did you try getting gud?
except for V controls are fine and pretty basic, so i dont know what to tell ya

It has the same basic control scheme as DMC4

Pay attention to where the lock on shows up and learn how to get the lock on you want

>did you try getting gud?
kill yourself

It's because they kept expanding more and more after DMC3 without thinking about actually making controls better.
Styleswitching on d-pad and endless weapon cycle is extremely retarded idea. They should've reworked Dante's moveset completely in 4 to let him use all the moves with one universal control scheme. They didn't. After that they had 10 years to think of something but they didn't again. Even Nero is kinda fucked up now with TWO fucking snatch buttons (what a retarded shit), TWO different Exceeds, TWO different charge attacks (Blue Rose and Breaker charge). But compared to Dante it's nothing.
Lots of people don't care though and will defend retarded controls with arguments like "lmao git gud". These people are the reason why series stagnated so much.

Well yeah, but have you ever though about getting gud?

Submit your proposed Dante control scheme then. Chop chop.

>Two different Exceeds
???

Attached: 1512634783746.png (256x212, 43K)

for me the biggest issue is controlling V's minions. knowing what's 'backwards' and 'forwards' and trying to execute it doesn't always work out the way I intend it

It feels like stinger is too easy to input, always accidentally do one in the middle of my gnarly epic gamer combos

Get good

I'm pretty gud really but the subject has nothing to do with the skill. It's all about ergonomics. Current Dante requires too much needless inputs which overcomplicates the controls, adding busy work and makes him much less intuitive to play than other characters.
DSS is a good example how you can implement Swordmaster into usual control scheme. But Dante overall should be reworked a bit to a some degree. Keeping styles wasn't a good idea. It was ok for 4 because that game was rushed and all but I'm really disappointed to see literally no progress whatsoever in controls department for 5. Too bad we can't even discuss this properly because fanboys will cry that I'm a scrub or hate DMC when I'm actually a huge fan.
Tapping Devil Bringer button adds hits to all special attacks and even to some combo strikes.

How the fuck does Dante's charge forward where he repeatedly stabs the enemy with the sword work? It says that you should press forward and triangle, and then stop pressing the stick forward and hold triangle, but nothing happens.

I've accidentally made the move go off like twice, but I can't be consistent with it at all.

also this. you could drop the lock-on to fix it, but then your attacks are going to miss about 30% of the time because the camera angle isn't perfect

no its kinda the only way to make it work considering how much shit every character has access to.

the default binds are awkward though.
id recommend binding guns and bird to l1 and main weapon to square/xbox x.

Attached: 6EDD8C56AB6946978A416A4886CA974F.jpg (1080x568, 167K)

input stinger
let go off all buttons but triangle

DMCV's controls are simple as fuck.
You just suck.

>But Dante overall should be reworked
And I'm asking what you want to do. SO far you have given nothing. So I'm guessing you don't know as much about the game or how it should be designed as you initially thought.

Honestly only V has bad controls, using a controller and i have trouble attacking with both minions at the same time. Didnt really look up if controls are rebindable for a controller though

Thanks. So you should still hold triangle in? Good to know, because the in-game instructions make it sound like you need to stop press triangle and then press and hold it again.

Just go to options and put bird on one of the shoulder buttons.

You ask me to redesign a character's moveset from the ground just for fun in DMC thread? Like, doing actually game design work for free just to prove you an already obvious point about Dante having issues with overcomplicated controls?

Put summons on triggers.

ppfffhahahahah oh oh Sir I am so sorry for asking so much of You, and for Your precious time. oh forgive me!

That's better.

Attached: vegan_cooking_with_dante.png (389x390, 272K)

>Styleswitching on d-pad and endless weapon cycle is extremely retarded idea
I don't see why. You can choose which weapons you want to take with you and switching styles in the middle of combat isn't difficult. It works perfectly for what this game is going for.

Reminder

Attached: 1552252258075.png (1195x672, 1.06M)

DMC noob here. How do I gitgut at Dante? He's so overwhelming with all the weapons and styles.

Should I just focus on 1 or 2 styles and weapons? I have no intentions of becoming a pro, but it would be nice to at least reach S.

yes, you hold it

I've always despised attacks where you have to pull the stick back and then forward

>but it would be nice to at least reach S.
1. pick balrog
2. mash jab till you get fired up
3. swordmaster uppercut
4. air combo
5. swordmaster punch
6. back to step 3
for some reason this gives you sss extremaly fast

think of locking on as action mode. a stance that alters your moves. you know like games like assassins creed have athletic mode when you hold the trigger.

Yes

God forbid you ever have to do a half circle forward motion.

Someone said tap back then tap forward. I know how to do it on its own but I always blank out for half a second when trying to do this during combos

Getting fired up increases you rank a lot.

I personally just use trickster and swordmaster, havent unlocked all the weapons for him, but i usually stick with one main and a 2nd side one when i want to spice things up

Just fuck around with Swordmaster/Gunslinger until you're comfortable with the weapons, then throw in some Trickster and then grow some balls and live in Royal Guard.

Got any good combos to buy for Nero? I use 2 red queen combos, an air combo, and devil arm rotation but can only hit S before stagnating

The biggest issue I have is directional inputs being dependent on which way the character is facing. Default button layout is also complete shit but at least you can remap them.

>I don't see why
Jeez, why should I really explain such simple thing? You see, having one button doing multiple absolutely different things is simply not good. Having to tap completely separate button to switch a function of another button is a needless input of this flawed system.
Same problem with cycling through more than 2 weapons. If you play DMC3 you always know you have to just tap a button to switch a weapon. You always know what weapon you using and what will be another one. In 4 and 5 you have to tap multiple times and have to memorize whole list and how many taps you need to get specific weapon. It's counter intuitive and simply bad control design. Remember how Vergil had 3 weapons BUT two buttons to switch them back and forth? That allowed him to get any weapon with only one button press so you'd never get confused with unnecessary multiple taps.

There's no simple solution to this but the problem needs to be adressed. As I said, DSS is a good example of going into right direction but still far from perfect solution. Best way would be redesign Dante's moveset into something new. It's a challenge since you'll need to keep his overall depth and he'll inevitable lose some moves. But it has to be done to make him a proper character. Right now he's a fucking piano. Sure, combo autist have no problem with this but it's still a crutch.

Attached: 1452882527361.webm (640x384, 2.86M)

Thanks, I'll look that up. Feels a bit cheap though and I'd still like to get better.
K, thanks! Currently I've levelled Swordmaster to level 3 and gunslinger to level 2.

It's difficult to hit anything above S unless you hit several enemies at the same time, so aim for that.

>DSS
Do you mean Devil Sword Dante? That wasn't a very good idea really. The point of styles is to actually keep the control scheme organized believe it or not. Noticed how they tried putting swordmaster into one button and because of that removed your ability to use Pop Shredder on command? That's the kind of thing that'll happen if you try to integrate all of Dante's styles into a single control scheme. You will lose moves or have to work towards them in a combo instead of doing them on the fly.
Combat as it is now is organized. Moves are short and precise. Trying to combine everything will truly make this a button masher.

So it's bad because it's too complicated for your pea brained self? Got it.

5 fixed this and you can take only two weapons if you want. I don't know why carrying three or four isn't a problem for me and is for you.

Why the fuck is there shit like drive exclusive to DSD?

I'm pretty bad at DMC and hardly ever switched styles in 4 so I'll just tell you what I do
Just replace some of moves with alternatvies from other styles/weapons so instead of swordmaster's balrog's uppercut launch them wiht something else like sword's launcher move, instead of balrog's air combo do that gunslinger e&i spin move and helmet breaker instead of swordmaster's balrog punch
as for styles just focus on using swordmaster in combat and using trickster to move around
then you can try blocking some slower stuff with royal guard
I'm not really sure what to do with gunslinger yet so I just use it during some air combos

It's the devs signalling to you to learn the new muscle memory instead of clinging to Rebellion like a rube.

Yeah-yeah, I told about likes of you in my first exact post. Defending bad controls just because you used for them is retarded, sorry.
That's because you only think about putting all the current moves into one huge moveset when I think Dante should be changed more to achieve that without casualization or oversimplification. It's not an easy task and many fans will outcry for sure but there will be no evolution for series without it.
It's another crutch solution for this problem. And 5 never fixed style switching (though removing Dark Slayer certainly helps). Also
>I'm eating shit and don't see why you don't want to
this logic is just stupid, sorry. I'm not saying I can't use multiple weapons, I'm saying it's a bad design decision and carefuly explain to you why. Try to listen and think about it. It's a fundamental issue.

The game has Per character remappable controls
just remap them to what you feel is the best

I remapped V's the same level he was introduced to put his minions on L1 and R1
I remapped Nero's gun to be on R2 and the OG snatch on triangle

STOP BITCHING AND GIT GUD

No, it's retarded. I don't mind the weapon but it's a dumb as fuck decision.
Also no lock-on types so locking to what I want is inconsistent as fuck.

It's not bitching, moron. It's constructive criticism.

Idea for switching weapons: along with L2 and R2, the weapons can also be selected with the right analog stick. Only tapping the button cycles to the next, but flicking the right stick in one of 4 directions along with tapping or holding the button switches to the desired weapon

Attached: Boomers.png (900x900, 52K)

How would you remap Dante's control? How the hell do you reasign 4 fucking styles into a gamepad? Explain it.
Styles were supposed to be just a one button thing, like in dmc3. I think style switcher was a lazy add in 4, due to a rushed development. But if it bothers you, you can just stay in one style and that's all.

>Keeping styles wasn't a good idea
hahahahahaha

>People actually want to nerf Dante
Get out of my fucking series.

This sounds absolutely fucking horrible if you're trying to move around at all.

Attached: 1483406424393.jpg (1272x774, 118K)

It took me a while to get used to not flicking the control stick to switch targets, but that’s all.

Also DSD is kind of weird

What's the best Control scheme for Nero? I switched his DT to R1 since that's where everyone elses his and switched breaking devil arms to the D-Pad, but I still can use his gun unless I charge before hand.

user
Stop
Look at me
And realize this
Stop playing this like it is just an action game
Play this like if its a fighting game

practice your moves on the void or on an empty level
train your hands
then you will release the SSSs in you

>ESL has a small lizard brain
waow I never would have thunk it

Attached: sorry.jpg (401x349, 89K)

By reworking a character, I said it multiple times. Maybe it'll require a fundamentally new control scheme, introduction of double inputs (like Nero's Y+B) or something totally different. It's a job of developers to make controls convenient and keep character's depth. But they're being lazy and keeping styleswitching system with d-pad which is bad. Doesn't mean you can't use him or git gud, it's just bad, unintuitive and overcomplicated.
There's a reason why a lot of people preferred playing as DMC3 Dante over DMC4, because it had nice focused action where you had all of your options right in your hand without some weird mode switching or cycling through some long weapon list. Sometimes less is more.

Move gun to R2

also DT is L1 for every one, not R1

How so?

It’s not constructive criticism because there’s nobody here who worked on the game to benefit from it. It’s just complaining on Yea Forums

Exceed and Bringer on shoulders, DT is fine on d-pad but I put everyone's on B/O, I switched Breaker Break to L3.

>try to switch weapons while moving the camera, which you will need to do when walking around
>switch to the wrong weapon because you are moving the stick

Being able to choose the number of weapons you carry is a much better design choice than limiting you or forcing you to use all. Giving power to the player to decide what they want is good design and respecting the player.

>introduction of double inputs (like Nero's Y+B)
Good idea.

This is just opinion in the end. It's not objectively a fundamental issue. Casuals enjoy this game just fine without ever learning to max act or jump cancel or style switching, etc. These controls work fine for the average player looking to beat up some demons in their spare time and look good while doing it. Once you want to move to the more complicated combos there will be a physical input barrier. DMC is designed like a fighting game in that sense. I don't see anything wrong with that and maybe that's because I play fighting games. There's so much praise and positivity coming from people who can't handle the more complicated button presses and they're happy with what they can do. These problems you speak of are an optional barrier for those who seek a greater challenge in stylish combo making and they are rewarded for breaking that barrier.

1. Yes they are.
2. It's because all the fundamentals are literally still 90% based on a 2003 game
3. Some Japs just don't change anything because they "respect" their tradition or some crap
4. Some of the devs are well aware of how outdated especially Dante is with the necessity to switch between weapons and styles to actually pull anything cool off, which just feels horribly unintuitive, that's why they made Nero the new protagonis who feels at least a bit better

The worst thing is how dodging is still camera-sensitive, though. And the macabre thing is how DMC is suffering from flaws Monster Hunters ironed out 10 years ago, both made by Capcom.

>exceed on shoulders
>not dabbing enemies by slowly exceeding with the trigger

The camera wouldn't move if L2 and R2 were put in of course, it'd just look like a clusterfuck otherwise. Also that's why I said 4 weapons, more would just cause switching to the wrong one. Flicking the stick left, right, up and down shouldn't cause much of a problem

>overcomplicated
How? It's as simple as it can get. All Style actions are mapped to one button.

>doesn't know triggers count as shoulder in controller layout
Shoulder and face, triggers are just analog shoulder.

>How would you remap Dante's control? How the hell do you reasign 4 fucking styles into a gamepad? Explain it.
Complete overhaul. It's just trash the way it is and Bayonetta 3 will, believe it or not, eat DMC5 alive, to everyone with taste and standards. Kamiya understands this stuff exactly. He might be a hack in some areas and his retarded mini game obsession but he understands this kind of stuff, he's the father of it after all. There is a reason Bayonetta isn't as clunky as Dante gameplay.

Hell, probably even that faggot anime Platinum game will have better gameplay than Dante.

>exceed
How about just get rid of that pointless shit if you need a button for other stuff? That whole mechanic adds literally nothing. It's just an annoyance if anything. Also animu cringe.

Why are you trying to force a rivalry between Capcom and Platinum?

>Replying to shitposters.

Shut up you retarded autist, it's just video games and the people behind it are just wage-slaves like you and me. I'm just giving my 2 cents about, guess what, gameplay.

>le shitposters HURRR

Maybe we should tie all actions to two buttons? And maybe.. Those buttons don't even need to be pressed more than once. Like, you could just hold them in, and the combos just... Happen..? By golly it'll be so intuitive, the game will practically play itself!

Attached: 1485582669272.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

But it's fine the way it is. Would you really rather have to learn multiple combo paths rather then switching styles and knowing you need to press one button to preform the action you want?

You couldn't have made a more fallacious shitpost if you had tried.

Even better. Let's all have it on one button.

git gud

LMAO GIT GUD NIGGA

Attached: 1551070620957.gif (192x256, 48K)

> Noticed how they tried putting swordmaster into one button and because of that removed your ability to use Pop Shredder on command?
nobody has ever wanted to do pop shredder on command except for the broken DmC version that parries everything. It's a move that is outclassed in all of it's niches but other stuff dante can do in every game

having a sword that can actually fucking do more than 3 things when you're in other styles is a godsend, suck my fucking dick if you think DSD isn't the tightest shit

But thats the only part of Nero that adds any depth. Without it he would be braindead

Nero has two snatches because their utility is different and the devil bringer snatch lets you keep charging breakage

We already have that though. Cerberus has like 3 10 second combos with minimal button presses.
One of them is literally just holding the button.

>Nero has two snatches
Heh

>nobody has ever wanted to do pop shredder on command
I do and it parries a lot of things in this game but so does stinger and the launcher. I just love how pop shredder looks. It's dope as fuck. I'm not saying DSD is bad either in just saying that if you try to combine shit on Dante he's going to lose some precision.

>In 4 and 5 you have to tap multiple times and have to memorize whole list and how many taps you need to get specific weapon
LMAO NIGGER GIT GUD AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Just customize it, retard. If your brain isn't able to handle 4 weapons just use 2 or 1.

Attached: 1549933829699.jpg (849x960, 98K)

There are a lot of useless moves and even whole fucking styles like Gunsliner, Literally the only cool thing about Gunslinger is rain storm and they could easily integrate that into the basic moveset. The game doesn't even make any use of d-pad rotations, something Bayonetta does btw. Just make it so that you have to rotate the stick mid-air before shooting to perform rain storm.

That's just one example and one thing I came up with in two seconds, and I'm not getting paid for it. It would be easy as hell to overhaul Dante with some concessions a nd sacrifices. Not only is he outdated, even the style icons stick out like a sore thumb in the HUD as if they want to let you know how incongruously shit and clunky it is in 2019.

Attached: 1552306184200.jpg (500x318, 15K)

the only good post in the thread

I agree that back to forward commands are unintuitive, but they aren't difficult to learn and they're in no way necessary to play or beat the game.

I'm very happy that they built aerial rave into default moveset of DSD. Wish they kept Drive as back+sword+style and made prop shredder back forward sword.

user you just press left and circle to activate rainstorm, you don't have to be an autistic claw-gripper to style switch on the fly. There's really nothing wrong with this many options when you can be stylish as fuck focusing on a single style and two weapons.

All you need to do is press a single button on the dpad and circle/B to rainstorm though. It’s not difficult at all.

Once ypu play through the whole series it becomes a lot more intuitive. I find direction inputs more intuitive than remembering button combos. Still with 5 they changed a few inputs to incorporate more moves which does actually make things a little confusing if you are coming from 4. Dantes Barlog move switching I find pretty annoying as i keep accidentally doing it.

Confused "shoulder" with "bumper"
I deserve to die v kill me.

propose a new control scheme for dante WITHOUT sacrificing a single move that he has in 5

>Just make it so that you have to rotate the stick mid-air before shooting to perform rain storm.
But why though? It's literally Left > O
That's two buttons.

How to get many (You)s: A guide for beginners
1. Find a game that's just come out and which Yea Forums is talking about
2. (Optional) Read through a few threads and see what the consensus is
3. Use Google to determine what the game is renowned for. It could be great graphics, or it's silly story, or attractive women
4. Make a claim against that renowned piece of the game - criticise the story that's already understood to be bad, or call the character everyone loves a tranny or something
5. Watch idiots seethe at your statement which you know is wrong
6. Feel that sweet, sweet serotonin flood your system as you receive the closest thing to love you've ever felt

Note: you don't have to have played the game for this trick to work. Enjoy! :^)

I came off of playing Kingdom Hearts III and DMCV felt so unwieldly initially that I had to reassign everything
>L2: Lock-On
>L1: DT (Exceed for Nero)
>R2: Gun/Burd
>R1: Style Action/Devil Breaker/Kitty
>Triangle: Switch sword/Devil Bringer/Auto Attack
>Square: Switch gun/Nero DT/Book
>X: Sword/Cane
>Circle: Jump
>D-Pad: Style Switch/Breakaway
This has been the most accommodating game in recent memory when it comes to control. There is no wrong way to play unless you aren’t having fun.
Any other freaky configs you guys are using?

Attached: 371D003F-F123-4EF6-B6F8-E183C5E18D78.gif (660x370, 847K)

Does anyone have any general tips for Nero? I can get stylish scores easy on Dante/V but Nero is such a struggle for me. I know EX acting is important but is there anything glaring I might be missing?

The Devil Bringer knuckle is not supposed to be treated as a second exceed. It's a momentum stopper and you only use it when you want to stop momentum from certain attacks, Calibur, Streak and so on. If you use it like a second exceed and if that was your interpretation of the mechanic upon first use then you're probably a beginner or casual player.

The floor is lava

Oh hey cool, a thread about controls! My 2 cents: the scheme is perfect. That said, I have one life changing suggestion to you all: map Style to L2! No one switches guns that often anyways, so map that to a face button like O. Now you can change Cerberus attacks mid combo and do DSD sword formation attacks in the middle of your triangle combos.

Attached: 1552319947541.jpg (359x360, 22K)

Youre fucking retarded. They could easily streamline Dante to death, they simply dont want to because
a) they actually respect the evolution of the character
b) they actually respect the fanbase that prefers the characters playstyle instead of trying to appeal to the common mouthbreather who will drop the game in a week anyway

Ironically enough Dante in 5 pleases both crowds but not the middle man who is sweating and desperate to overextend their nonexistent abilities. If you dont want to use the stance switching mechanics or the doomguy tier arsenal of devil arms, set your loadout to 2 and 2 like in DMC3 and dont fucking switch styles in the middle of combos. The styles and weapons he has are even more fucking powerful than they were in three even if you arent switching them constantly

Attached: 1543952860595.jpg (600x749, 46K)

*charge

max acting, gun charging on RT and buster help a lot
personally i tend to play air nero with enemy step so that also helps me to stay away from potential hits on the back
his DT has iframes so its essentialy a free breaker and you also get access to his DT moves that add a lot of style in crowded rooms

have you ever thought of forever being a pleb and just use one style only in the whole game instead?

Literally happens to every big release. Unfortunate Yea Forums side effect

Input stinger, let go of the left stick right after you input it and hold triangle (and lock-on). Once he starts million stabs you can either continue holding or tap triangle quickly to make it go on longer.

>constant threads complaining about fighting game inputs
>now we have people nonstop bitching about Dante's controls and even Nero's baby ass shit
Why is Yea Forums filled with so many executionlets? No wonder this board is shitting on Sekiro so much, now that From is aiming to make actual action games they're worried they might have to do something besides roll and press R1.

>Just make it so that you have to rotate the stick mid-air before shooting to perform rain storm.
>That's just one example and one thing I came up with in two seconds, and I'm not getting paid for it.
Not only is it a trash example of replacing 2 buttons presses with a fucking 360 motion you still have about 100 more moves to come up with buddy

Attached: 1544320132778.jpg (800x789, 657K)

Just want to say you're completely correct and it's refreshing to see others who feel the same way. Bayonetta might not have as many combowank tools as DMC but it's a vastly superior game and this is one reason why. The DMC team has no incentive to improve because people praise their laziness.

I'm guessing that's a no. Keep on scrubbing faggot

This. I'm convinced theres like 5 players here that can acrually do shit.
The lack of webM's is suspicious.

>Bayonetta is superior because it panders to casuals
Yeah bro I also absolutely love QTEs

That's true. Maybe I'll save my post for other stupid contrarian threads too

>Ironically enough Dante in 5 pleases both crowds but not the middle man who is sweating and desperate to overextend their nonexistent abilities
This to be honest.
The only ones who dislike Dante's control scheme are people who want to do crazy combos like Sakaki, Turtle Sensei and Donguri and so on, but they don't want to practice and learn how to actually play him.
Meanwhile journos seemingly loved to play as Dante in 5 and on the other end, hardcore players as well.
It's not hard to learn to play Dante with simple style switching and just practice with 2 guns and 2 melee.

Also every single post you make reeks of retardation. Gunslinger was extremely strong in 3 and its probably even stronger in 5 since you have access to 4 guns at once out of which kalina ann always shits out actually retarded damage and dr faust can stunlock entire crowds with one button press. Youre a casual mouthbreather desperately screeching "muh badhh ghaem design..." because youre too stupid to even stack up in your one moutbreather tier hobby, the same kind of autist who cries about inputs in fighting games. Except that DMC isnt even a fucking competitive game and the whole point is seeing how cool you can be, giving you epic one button final fantasy XV autocombos isnt going to make you play the game any longer barry

The cerberus lighting attacks can be cancelled in multiple points and they have a ton of utility like being able to summon the DSD summoned swords in the middle of the animation

Attached: 1538447331800.jpg (600x785, 94K)

>Why is Yea Forums filled with so many executionlets?
It's gaming in general now. The majority of people don't care about anything other than having fun and being good in that minute then going back to other online distractions. Those people are now being catered to and make up who the majority of gamers are. Sucks, but it's the reality.

Gonna get to a point where its Dumb Down or Go Down.

>imagine Trish getting pinned against a gray wall, that's the same color of her fucking boring bitch-ass character who imperonates moms becuase she's literally an unholy wretch with no dignity whatsoever, while at the same time the demon-whore who suckled Mundus' big red tri-balls and had so much piss-stained demon cum splurged all over her hair, it got dyed blond, is being fisted with pizza up her matrix-2000 black fetish pants ripped apart, so hard the term yeast infection gets a new meaning, and with her last whoreish, skanky, breaths she coughs up the crusty, hell-cum out her ps2-octagon mouth, leaving her dark soul unfilled, yet her ass stuffed to the brim

Attached: dante embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 19K)

>Ironically enough Dante in 5 pleases both crowds but not the middle man who is sweating and desperate to overextend their nonexistent abilities
This. DMC5 Dante is the DMC4 Dante I always wanted.

kind of, but after 10 minutes it all came back to me

Anyone who even mentions the QTEs in Bayo clearly hasn't replayed it more than a couple times so has no idea what they're talking about. I don't like them either but they're such a complete non-issue if you're actually replaying the game the way you're supposed to. Casuals are much more drawn to DMC because big sword unga is more easily understandable than dodge offset. I don't hold that against DMC though, it has plenty of depth and does a lot of things right but the developers have clearly stopped trying to improve any of the fundamentals.

It takes some getting used to, but once the controller disappears from your mind it feels very natural. Just take your time and try not to let the control scheme frustrate you too much.

So Yea Forums...
REBELLION or DEVIL SWORD DANTE?

>let’s give Dante a weapon/style wheel that slows down time to allow the player to make informed gameplay decisions while in the heat of combat

Attached: ABA559FB-5D0C-4563-9943-48F19FF9EA74.jpg (220x314, 15K)

The trend I've noticed in DMC threads a lot is that a ton of people are actually really casual and beginner players who are barely competent.
I've seen many write that they never even learned the back-forward motion inputs in 4 and have an extremely hard time pulling off stuff like a simple Calibur.
I think a lot of people who play really want to do these cool combo-autist tier combos, but they get assmad when they realize it actually takes a bit of practice, not a lot, just a bit of practice. They have very little patience and when they cannot do it from the get go they get mad and start proposing changes, some also really want the game to just be like Bayonetta instead because in Bayonetta it's very easy to do cool looking over-the-top combos and just press dodge whenever because the combos are dial-a, which is very simple to learn compared to the more crazier looking combos in Devil May Cry games.

DSD but only because Rebellion and DSS are missing half their shit.

That's honestly a hard choice. I think I'd go with DSD due to the overlap with Nero's control scheme and adding passive combo potential via summoned sword formations (on L2 of course)

>my objective opinion

Rebellion made me feel like I had a big brain when I would switch to swordmaster for air combos. Dante Sword make big brain go away.

"half"? Rebellion and Sparda are missing drive but DSD is missing proper prop shredder in return. I wish both weapons had both tools but as it stands both have some pretty convincing reasons for being used. Drive is not that useful in the grand scheme of 5Dante while prop will always be good enough to stack up against the pile of new shit DSD has

I mean I was complaining day and night about this in DMC4 but thats literally just because the game doesnt have a fucking practice mode, unlike 5 which is practically begging you to spend hours figuring things out against every enemy in the game in it

Attached: 1538758404978.jpg (2191x2191, 636K)

itt: "skilled" elitists trying to justify their autism

Attached: 1530818901632.jpg (703x742, 189K)

To all of you retards lashing out at me for suggesting rotational inputs and saying switching styles is only two buttons: No, it's three buttons in the event you want to proceed with a different style afterwards, which you most definitely want to. And it sums up. You have to keep hammering that d-pad and move your thumb away from the stick, which is a MILLION times more uintuitive than just 3/4-rotating the stick. And that was just an example, it's retarded how they don't make use of it at all.

I'm not getting paid for it. I'm just the guy who plays this game and knows when something feels unintuitive, and this shit does. And of course there would be a million ways to fix it.

Even if it would mean saying bye to a few shitty moves no one ever uses.

>still the for 20 years outdated Dante gameplay without any overhaul
>still the incongruous, unintuitive digi-pad style mechanic (which even sticks out like a sore thumb from the rest of the HUD) and weapon switching to do anything cool
>STILL no option to disable the camera-sensitive dodging (even though Monster Hunter allows you to do it for a decade), which means you always have to quickly assess exactly where your character is facing if you want to dodge right/left/forward/backward, which is horrible
>so fucking repetitive that it's even reptitive for DMC standards
>clobbering the same three enemy types througout the whole game
>most generic locations ever and that tree literally makes up 70% of the game
>first playthrough is completely braindead and piss easy
>V's gameplay is boring and unrewarding as fuck and the game forces him on you
>Nero's arms mecanic feels clunky and unfinished, from having to buy and equip them manually for every mission to not even being able to switch without letting them explode
>cringe westaboo dialogues, story, characters and cutscenes
>Vergil not playable because Capcom Jews know that retards will gladly pay for it and that their shills will take care of it
>microtransactions
>level design even shittier and more tertiary than before

And those people are usually glue eating retards too, which becomes apparent quickly once you engage in a conversation with them.

>triangle is on top, it should be jump

who here agrees

>adds nothing
>doesn't do perfect EX.
Literally git gud.

>move your thumb away from the stick
so you're either playing on an xbox controller or you are retarded uh?

Oh hi Barry

Style Shift button. You hold a shoulder button (say R2) which makes the four face buttons function as each relevant, respective style.
R2+Square does Gunslinger moves. R2+Triangle Swordmaster. R2+Circle does Royal Guard. When not holding R2, circle performs Trickster moves.

With the DPad freed up, Dante's weapon swapping can go one of two ways:
1. Weapon Sets - pressing L1 will cycle both his Arm and Gun to the next in the list
2. Gun and Arm swapping moves to Down and Right on the DPad (closer two directions, easy to tap and immediately get back to the stick with your thumb instead of trying to CLAW the up or left on the dpad if you wanted Trickster or Gunslinger).

>ohononononoNONOOO SIMPLIFY THE GAME SO NOBODY CAN BE BETTER THAN ME

be honest, thats literally you. Youre crying because of your inferiority complex. Obviously you still dont realize that no matter how much they dumb things down, youll always be worse than everyone else because youre a whining mouthbreather crying for mommy. The funny thing is, auto mode is right there already. Just fucking put it on jimmy, nobody can see you do it. Dont make the people who actually like and support the series suffer because the inputs arent the exact same as in assassins creed 3643

Attached: 1531881844446.gif (500x321, 1.96M)

I think the point was that you couldn't.

Not without losing what makes dante different from Nero, anyway.

Kamiya did

It wouldn't simplify it, quite the opposite, retard. It would just make it more intuitve.

Are you playing with keyboard or what?

Jesus Christ.

Prop isn't that hard to pull of with DSD desu, its just a bit delayed so you have to set up the combo early.

You keep spamming the word intuitive but it’s becoming more apparent that you’re just patching on to it to describe something you personally dislike

>It wouldn't simplify it
yes it would, youre fucking braindead if you think otherwise, ive designed "simplified" and alternate controls for Dante for the hell of it and none of them would actually make it easier to play the character on a higher level. Dante doesnt need to be "simplified" at all because the only people who think he is some kind of unsurmountable fingertwister are the middle grade retards who think being donguri means mashing every button as fast as possible in the air. The game literally lets you select the amount of weapons you want to carry and never forces you to switch styles. There is nothing "unintuitive" about dante in 5 since the styles have been heavily upgraded from DMC4

Aka its completely useless, prop used to be a launcher/ parry

Attached: 1551057981314.jpg (1024x768, 134K)

Intuitive is a pretty word people use when they mean "easier". What is being complained about, is that the inputs aren't easy enough to use. You are actually just bad at the video game, sorry.

As a start pick Sword + 1 other weapon of your preference to git gud at with E&I and Shotgun as your guns. Also pick 2 styles to git gud at with one being your default one that you always go back to.

kb is more comfy than what it seems desu, but you lose on camera control
in ps4 controller you can claw hand a little with your left index for switching

>all this cope
>"I'm not being paid for my work, I dont need to justify myself, PayPal me"

At this point, the only way to answer your own nonanswers is to tell you to git gud. Its unfortunate that not everyone can fully wrap their brain around Dante to go crazy, but you can still be a capable player with him with little practice. Your own inexperience and shortcomings are what prevent you from reaching it, it's not a problem of the game or dante's design itself. That much is clearly evident from any decent Dante combo video.

ill also add to this that Dante WAS made more intuitive in probably every way imaginable anyone with a brain could have asked in 4. First of all, darkslayer doesnt exist, especially on the same retarded input it used to so you should technically never be confused or make input errors in regards to style selection anymore.

You can choose the amount of weapons you carry AND the order they are being switched at, aka even if you want to carry 4 it wont take you long to learn your own switching order and how many button presses does it take every time to cycle from X to X

And finally every single individual option has been made stronger so you dont even need to be constantly cycling through everything Dante has to shit out damage

Attached: 1526303411577.jpg (640x640, 82K)

>hold R2 for styles
>not holding r2 defaults to trickster

Look, I know you're just tossing shit out because you're being called out, but that system sounds rife with issues, most evident being button fumbles. With style switching being a definitive button you wont miss, your styles are more reliable.

What you've done is just make it the same level of complexity just in a different way, with different issues.

Claw.
Although I don't know what the other guy is talking about, you should be able to claw on Xbox right?

We're "lashing out" because you keep saying how easy this would be without giving us a full rundown of your better control scheme. Do I need to remind you that Ninja Theory tried this with the reboot and you were still required to constantly be holding down multiple buttons to charge your guns, swap angel and demon forms, and still constantly hit the d-pad to change weapons? When you play the Definitive Edition and remap one of the lmao2dodges to lock on you immediately realize why they had those because your hands on the top of the controller can end up in very awkward positions. Keep in mind that DmC Dante was also missing a lot of moves from trickster and Royal Guard was completely gone yet they still ran into problems mapping out the rest of his shit.

This series has had multiple dev teams make their own versions of Dante's control and it has always ended up with you constantly holding down multiple shit on top of jumping back and forth between the D-pad, so I really would love to hear your magical controls that solve all these problems while not removing anything.

Attached: 1501537450440.jpg (600x579, 47K)

nope
because of the stick position you'd have to control the stick with your index/middle and the dpad with thumb
it's not comfy at all