M&B thread - Let's talk about mods edition

My favorite one is Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition
What about you, fellow rhodokposters?

Attached: Mount Blade Warband - PS4c.jpg (414x364, 64K)

>Gekokujo

Attached: 1550846752652.gif (340x355, 2M)

>Gekokujo
Comfy soundtrack, but I hate that every single faction is just a recolor.

Attached: your hearto or your life.jpg (642x764, 196K)

guns are fun though

Hey I did the same thing in that mod. Lots of guys using guns. Some frontline samurai or something cause it looked cool.

well what do you think they could change? Japanese sengoku era doesn't have much variety.

Problem with guns and bows in Geko is that due to high velocity of projectiles archers and gunners tend to overshoot a lot because M&B AI always aims for the head.

Attached: MnB really makes you thing.webm (571x420, 2.4M)

Bannerlord

I enjoy the NeoGK multiplayer mod, shouts, cheers, using catapults, ships, ballista, and air balloons. Plus i can dress as a sexy farmer.

Attached: 1551929091183.jpg (1912x990, 886K)

shhhht user, it's going to be ok

I thought that was an Asterix mod from the thumbnail only to click and find out its anime trash
0/10 my day is ruined

Gekokujo + Sugoroku and Hatamoto sub mods > Daimyo Edition.

Top fucking kek.

>no updates since original release in 2016
>devs probably dropped it because Bannerlord was going to be released soon like majority of Warband modders

Attached: 6122-2-1474119026.jpg (670x270, 24K)

>soon
haha

In some shape or form by the end of the year ;) (2016)

Attached: eh eh eh eh.gif (389x439, 239K)

Attached: 535AF227-477C-4DE1-A5C2-7EBEA0EE6120.jpg (320x377, 31K)

BASED AND RHODOKPILLED

>no mod that lets your children grow up and become lords/ladies
I don't care that it would make zero sense time-wise or balance-wise

Attached: GOD .png (1000x566, 253K)

This would be fucking neat.

How many "days" would you make a persons average lifespan?

twelve

nobody escapes the causality of my universe

So say 1 day equals roughly six years then, your progeny would be good to go in 3-4 days.

Would you limit the number of children you could sire in that 12 day period?

Also now I need to figure out how many cities you can visit in 12 days.

Attached: jchh.png (500x599, 160K)

imagine sieges that go on for entire generations. people born behind walls where they live & die never knowing what's outside. the unending army camp constantly poured in with fresh recruits to maintain the siege.

>impregnate someone
>she goes through the full pregnancy cycle and gives birth in 4 hours

Attached: 1510707801577.gif (515x404, 1.26M)

We're making this, right?

That's one of the problems that any mod like that would have to get around. If children age to adulthood, the existing lords would age as well. Lords who start the game old as hell, like Haringoth, would be the goddamned Crypt Keeper before long if you don't include death from old age. Since you'd have to make kids age relatively quickly to make the feature have any purpose, you'd go through lords like copy paper. Furthermore, with sex-RNG you'd run two opposite risks of too few or too many bloodlines reproducing, possibly leading to either an empty Calradia with only a handful of lords/families or a Calradia that makes India look empty. You'd have to have a complex system of minimum/maximum breeding numbers working in the background to keep a healthy balance.
Another problem I've considered is how pointless this would make relations and stats. Stats would be an easy one to solve since you would just make them hereditary. Maybe this would even be a good incentive to breed; when your character gets old enough you can body snatch your kid right as they reach adulthood, and you get your current stats as a new level 1 character, though that might make later generations OP as hell. Perhaps your children and the other lords' children would also inherit relation points from the parents. This would mostly be for the sake of convenience, but it'd make "lore" sense as well, like how real royal families held grudges or alliances for multiple generations.
The real question is, would we assume our troop numbers are A. symbolic and not actual individual soldiers, B. replaced by their miraculously identical kids as they grow up, or C. would we have a full-on troop breeding programs to keep our army numbers steady?

Attached: low poly chrissy thinking.jpg (294x443, 31K)

Pendor

Two other considerations: names and appearances. Obviously you'd choose those for your own children, but what about the NPC lords? A pool of names for each bloodline perhaps, with the the game keeping count of prior ancestors with the name, leading to So-and-so II or What'shisname IV. But as the bloodlines switch allegiances and/or marry each other across country lines, eventually every new NPC lord would have the same supersized pool of names.
For appearances, it would be great if there were a way you could take the mother and father's faces and randomly combine them. Perhaps, for a bit of comedy, you could add in some gossip and intrigue where one lord's kid looks suspiciously like another lord. Though it'd be too obvious if some Khergit lord had a Swadian lord as a love rival, and then his kid pops out with very obviously non-slanted eyes.

Let's talk about WHEN THE FUCK'S BANNERLORD instead.

Release date announcement: 2050
Playable beta: 2099

TLD is literally the best lotr game
Good gameplay
Closest to Tolkien's vision

>That's one of the problems that any mod like that would have to get around. If children age to adulthood, the existing lords would age as well. Lords who start the game old as hell, like Haringoth, would be the goddamned Crypt Keeper before long if you don't include death from old age. Since you'd have to make kids age relatively quickly to make the feature have any purpose, you'd go through lords like copy paper.

I think death from old age is a must, it'd create a sense urgency with trying to breed, juggling lordly duties and then trying to keep them safe/pair them off, it'd also make the prison system a whole lot more interesting. Finding an optimal lifespan really is the key though. I feel like you'd want to get at least a solid 4~ hours out of a lord.

>Stats would be an easy one to solve since you would just make them hereditary. Maybe this would even be a good incentive to breed; when your character gets old enough you can body snatch your kid right as they reach adulthood, and you get your current stats as a new level 1 character, though that might make later generations OP as hell.

I think you could make them partially hereditary, so they start with bonuses, but not the full stats of their parents, also you'd want to include genetic fuck ups just to spice things up. Relations should quite happily carry on from one generation to the next allowing you to use marriage as a diplomatic tool, as well as imprisonment and just straight up ending bloodlines. As for troops, disposable and readily replaceable meat, I wouldn't bother simulating their lifecycle, but tying the base troop quality into the relative wealth of the recruited village might be nice.

Do I play 3.5 from 2017, or the current nightly builds?

i think the most important thing to establish is proper eugenics
make sure traits passed on, hair/eye/skin color, height/size, etc accurately reflect real life

Attached: 40ad13fd176776afbb40328a42e8ebf7373c9c312453d2a421c7c393e0293c88.png (512x384, 77K)

>Closest to Tolkien's vision
lol

Attached: mb1.jpg (1920x1080, 624K)

>pic
wtf they kept developing that game?

no
do not try to confirm this

Reads just like LotR desu

Are there mods that just enhanced mechanics and are good to go for the first walkthrough?

what the fuck man

Attached: 123537838.jpg (460x276, 22K)

My favorite is Dickplomacy.

Attached: dickplomacy.webm (974x500, 2.78M)

DRINK
R
I
N
K

Which mod is that?

Attached: 1552017286267.jpg (1440x900, 207K)

Anyone have image of belligerent drunk and nervous man waiting for Bannerlord?

Play Solid & Shade

Attached: 9Te3AUY.jpg (1366x768, 914K)

>belligerent drunk and nervous man waiting for Bannerlord

Attached: me-as-i-wait-for-bannderlord-in-2018-me-as-30638140.png (500x407, 91K)

floris
warsword conquest
perisno
prophesy of pendor (best mod for me)
>hurr cant wait for bonerlord 2
fuck shitty main game i wait for mods than play

Get the newest version from steam. It gets fairly regularly updated and nothing seems to be broken so far as of being 40h in the newest update myself.

Sweet.

thanks

Attached: mb1.jpg (1920x1080, 525K)

Make sure you check out the manual for the mod as there are some features you ought to know if it is your first time playing. (How sieges work, how to recruit people, how the point system works etc)
You should also try playing as the good races, elves specifically if the mod seems hard to you. The beginning climb to get a proper army and wear something better than 3 armor rags can be difficult on certain factions.

I started as bear people, currently running all over middle earth trying desperately to grind rp with anyone so I can buy food to fullfill some shitty bear man quest.

New systems are neat though and I like that they're faction independent.

Attached: v plas mount and blade.jpg (1920x1080, 684K)

Didn't Warsword get updated recently? Is it stable?

Any mods compatible with diplomacy?

None, get dickplomacy instead.

>Is it stable?
I've put 80+ hours into the most recent build without a single issue or crash.

Attached: Skelly.jpg (1920x2160, 695K)

Is that new 1417 mod any good?

I can't make it run the current version of warband. Also I want a mod comoatible with my saves because Ive put too much time on it.

Attached: 1552039989909m.jpg (1024x576, 94K)

Calradia 1417?

Ye, there's a bunch of little graphical niggles at the moment like how the grass loads in massive square chunks rather than fading in organically and some culling issues with distant mountains on battle maps, but nothing game breaking and what is there is already pretty damn great, it's my new go to for Vanilla+.

I want to try a M&B game
I like Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Would I find an immersive roleplaying experience like that in these games?

Attached: 1548233622885m.jpg (576x1024, 66K)

No, you'd find an immersive role playing experience of a totally different kind.