Battlefield V

Is it any good? Its only 20$.

Attached: battlefield-v-no-premium-pass.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GFJwR00HrFA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its like every other entry in the series
So if you like battlefield games you will like this one

Attached: 1550002681567.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

no, even the diehard fanshill YT channels started to shit on it and upload BF4 content instead

Probably at that price

We know it's dead in the water, stop trying to shill people into buying the game so you won't play by yourself.

Where is it only $20?

origin launcher

Nice objective opinion. Have you actually played the game or is this just some /pol/ tier rant?

nop .

No, the game balance is all over the place even several months after release.

Not him, but i played it. You wont lose anything dropping it early, its have no rewards in it. Just skip this one and pray the next one will be good

Audio design is amazing and I think the gameplay is a step up, but the gun selection and upgrade system really sucks.

>next one
dice is prolly going bye-bye after this clusterfuck

Imagine paying for spyware.

Attached: 1462583674520.jpg (850x844, 186K)

What is a good alternative? BF 1 or 4?

If you don't have Battlefield 4, get that one instead. There's still an active community on PS4 - just make sure to also hit "none" on your search setting so it'll bring up full lobbies as well. Pick one, enter the queue, get on your phone for about a minute or so and you'll get in. There's also an active community on PC, but I'll assume you're a console player, because Battlefield is a console game. If you're on PC, you can play Arma III, Insurgency Sandstorm, Squad, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, etc.

Attached: 1390942.jpg (368x460, 47K)

It plays well. PC is plagued with hackers and DICE doesn’t know how to fix it. Consoles are the best bet for fair play. They game is fun but there is a lack of content compared to previous entries. Apparently there battle royals releases this month along with a new map. Content gets updated every week but still feels like a trickle

4 if you prefer modern combat

It costs 500$ if you have an old setup. My PC could run games like GTA V and Witcher 3 on a stable 60+ fps on medium settings, yet i cant even run bfv on the lowest possible settings without frame drops. Really says a lot about the skill level of the community when even when i have to deal with this i topscore almost every game. Gameplay is actually fun though. Optimization is my only real gripe with the game.

its not any worse than steam

>Content gets updated every week
Oh yeah. All these reskins from BF1. Thank you based DICE for adding "new" content in your 60$ AAA-game.

The gameplay itself is great, in my opinion. Guns feel great, the shooting mechanics feel great, player ability feels good (running, diving, movement, etc), maps are pretty good. All around a solid gameplay system.

But their shitty ideas like the retarded sjw like single player bullshit, the company coin bullshit, the retarded unlock scheme, and so on, really drags it down. If they had spent like 4 more months on the game ironing out the bullshit, it would have been much better.

Maybe it's better not but I haven't played in months. If you want a good shooter game, and it's low cost, it's arguably a good purchase, just be prepared to deal with some crap here or there.

Does Steam scan your computer?

What are you currently playing? Why did you drop it? Got bored with it?

Yes it does. Origin scans your pc for games and dxdiag info, just like literally every other launcher.

They got rid of playing commander mode on your tablet. That really upset me. That shit was comfy

If you played any Battlefield after 2142 then you're a fucking RETARD and you should fuck off DUMB FUCKING FAGGOT LOSER FUCK YOU

why does bf4 look like blurry dogshit? 1440p all settings maxed

bait?

Attached: 1549946005213.png (622x434, 479K)

Teammates were literally too retarded. They don't cap points, they don't shoot tanks, the barely shoot other players, and so on.

The playerbase is like mongolodic levels of stupid and it was extremely frustrating to play because they couldn't, wouldn't, and don't, do the most simple shit.

If you have a couple friends that play, or manage to find actually good players, play with them because the average player is worse than a rock.

>If you're not down with getting hovertanks permanently lodged in world architecture then FUCK YOU
Wow calm down kiddo

>if you're on pc play these shitty meme games instead
what did he mean by this? do consolefags think BF4 is dead on PC?
BF4 has a daily concurrent peak of 8-12k players depending on the day, that's more than squad, rs2 and sandstorm combined

My point is that 2142 was the last rational BF purchase. Every game after that was obviously garbage and you should've known better.

>12k mongoloid NPCs
Nu-gen BF players are literal retards that can't think in a tactical level than sprint and shoot towards the chokepoint.

Hell no, at $5 sure

Daddy leave his computer logged in fella?

>Battlefield is a console game
While I would like to behead you and burn your family for those words, I need to admit it really got ruined to this point.

BF4 is probably the best BF to start now with the amount of content for cheap.

I am about 10s from buying this for PS4. Is the base game sufficient or is it necessary to get the DLC (just maps?) as well?

After joining BFV beta and playing this objective mode where you need to satchel AAs, I assumed other players are lobotomized chimps smashing into keyboard.
Compare this with Iwo Jima from RO2 with EXACT the same objective, and how quickly people there got on with the flow.

Fuck off DICE. I bet not even you faggots played your own game lol.

Attached: 1552235228031.jpg (736x749, 184K)

Play a BF for real men :)

Attached: cvr.png (500x700, 300K)

On PC you will get kicked from almost every server without DLC maps.
Naval Strike is probably the most fun I got from BF after I stopped playing 2142 Titan.

yes speaking in memes like a turbo autist makes you a hardcore tactical mastermind lad

Base game is sufficent

>Doesn't deny that BF players are mental retards
Neat

...he said ps4 user.

Appreciate the answers.

i just pointed out you're a sperg, nothing you say has any basis in reality

Gameplay wise its by far the best Battlefield game the rest like ui/ux, progression and overall polish is early access tier.

If you like Battlefield and just want to play Conquest or Breakthrough its easily worth 20$. It looks and sounds really good too...

Who the fuck cares about your opinions about me, BF is filled with retards that even make a low tier player in Red Orchestra or Squad cringe with disgust.
>Hurdurr user over here is a sperg so his opinions are null huhdoiii.
You haven't even proven that Nu-gen battlefield players (Post-BF going to consoles) aren't dumb idiots who have no sense of teamwork.

I won't be surprised that you're an avid nu-gen too, seeing how your mental cognition is so dull to the point that you can only focus on one thing at a time such as a random user and not on the fucking subject at hand.

Worst battlefield yet. It doesn’t even have hardcore mode.

Best bf in 15 years it takes the best of bf1/4 and combines it

Also the BR is out in 2 weeks so you may as well get first realistic BR in 2 years since pubg

Gameplay wise it's the most bland boring shit ever.

Bf4's shitty gunplay is way better than this atrocity

>DICE
>Please buy our game, we're sorry about we said earlier, honest.
>We're going to lose our jobs if you don't.

Commercial Darwinism is at work here and its fantastic.

Absolute garbage. All the guns shoot large, slow moving, glowing oranges. Even the pistols shoot only giant tracers. It’s gorrible. Small maps, vehicles are a span option instead of spa bing in the map.

Fucking Garbo

I don’t get why they don’t have vehicles in the spawns anymore.

Appeals to ADHD kids and prevents fun things like as sneaking to the enemy base and stealing the aircraft etc

>play bf for real autists
>not even 100 players at peak

no

Attached: genderfield.jpg (2048x1152, 326K)

LOL no.

Sure, it's LIKE the other games, but the shit that's different is fucking terrible. Unlock mtx from hell.

bfv is the overwatch of bf games

Jackfrags is still shilling it though.

the base game/premium goes on sale a lot on PS4 so I'd wait

Except Overwatch didn't flop in sales immediately after release lol.

I'm talking about gameplay wise

How is FH2 autistic?

Eh, I'll give you the fucked up class comp, and the terrible maps, but Overwatch was at least sort of playable at one point. I don't even feel like botting bf5.

its players are

for 20 bucks yea

it is a lot worse than 1

Just checked, it's $30 not $20. Fuck off cunt.

You can't blame them. They're European.

it’s definitely not

only two countries
no sentry kits flame trooper kits
female fighters
no gas bombs
no bahenmoth

seriously why can’t i be russia america japan and china

fuck this game

It’s worth 20$ but not a cent more. They somehow made a ww2 shooter boring as sin and all the vehicles are not fun at all to use.

Even destroying tanks feels like a monotonous chore rather than being intense or fun

>all criticism of battlefield 5 is /pol/
Return to reddit

Attached: D8477F8B-54FC-4B3E-B216-C9CE56F53A8A.png (1016x1016, 953K)

yea sorry any active discussion of video games on the video game board is stupid oops one off topic blacked thread please sir

lying shill

>Random rambling user has appeared.

Have you ever considered you're likely playing with bots. EA was making a big deal out of using machine learning to see how they could get AI to fight. Would not be shocked at all if they were making the game seem more populated with them.

It surpasses 100 players every weekend

Support is worse than recons for once. So many times where you turn a corner and run into a prone guy with an MG-42. Doesn't help when the visibility is fucked and it's even harder to see them.

Attached: 1550816866056.jpg (758x644, 64K)

If a game drops it's price that dramatically, that quickly, it can only mean good things.

It's cancer.

Tfw BF4 is dead and I can never play 3 again

The battlefield series died after 4 and shortly into launch of 1

4 is still ok but 3 probably only has a handful of servers left

Is BC2 still alive?

That's a small price to pay for having one of the best MG42s in any game.

>Battlefield is a console game
It hurts

steam at least asks if players want to be a part of the hardware survey, origin with constantly switch the send data to ea option in origin settings from off to on about once every week or two or when origin updates happen.

chemical weapons werent a major factor in ww2 and no one liked behemoths

>seriously why can’t i be russia america japan and china
because those are extremely obviously going to be DLC (except youre not getting china)

It's insane how agonizingly controlling tanks are in this game. I never thought I would EVER miss the tanks in BF1 until I played V.

maybe it has to do with there being more types of tanks and planes now, players can pick from 3 tanks or planes off spawn in their loadout, before wouldn't only 1 type of tank or plane spawn at each point and it was just your custom loadout for that specific vehicle. seems like it saves map space.

There will always be at least a few servers still hitting capacity in every major BF game, at least on pc.

its better than 1, though modern setting is still better, it takes time geting used to the removal of 3D spotting so there are tons more snipers in this game, but overall its still battlefield.

>GenderfieldV
>Good
If they pay me 20 $ i'll take it.

>It takes the best of BF1
Such as? A broken high vault and un-nerfed knee slide?

this series is dead, everything after BF4 has made such painfully obvious errors it's clear that they've lost all their talent
the low vibrational playerbase doesn't help either

Inetdatesting. Might give it a shot, I loved playing it on release but my PC then was shit and was stuck on 360. I've been on a FPS kick lately, thanks.

What was is about Hardline that people didn't like? Why did it die so quick? I didn't play it so I'm not sure what it's problems were. It looked like an expansion for 4, which I mean in the best possible qay because BF4's gunplay feels great and I dig the cops/criminals theme, so what happened?

Don't get it yet. Barely any maps, and even less good ones. Still plenty of bugs that exist.

They're drip feeding content at a snails pace.

The game is in dire need of more maps.

Literally not a single good map in the whole game.

No, it is fucking not.
Movement is abysmal and your character gets stuck on every second tiny rock.
Almost all maps are hot garbage, definitely the worst default map rotation in any recent bf games.
Vehicles are weak as fuck and not worth picking most of the time.
Class balance is nonexistant. Assault fags are dominating engagements at any range and there is nothing you can do.
Visibility is still a gigantic issue so players abusing it like no tomorrow and camp everywhere.
Attrition is awful mechanic which ptomotes camping even more.
Matchmaking is also doesn't exist so if you joined a completely retarded team you'll stuck in it until 80% of morons leave and replaced with different players.

The game in current state is a gigantic joke and there is no way to tell if cocklovers at Dice have any intention to fix it.

Save your money. It's not worth it.

No, buy BF1 instead

You forgot:
- Footsteps were added in, then removed again so using headphones is pointless.
- Can't pick up kits anymore, only weapons so no clutch moments against vehicles if you're a medic or scout.
- Spawn system is still fucked. You can spawn on a beacon that was destroyed 5 seconds ago, and you can spawn on team mates that have been dead for 3 seconds.
- placing beacons is still a mini game

footsteps were replaced with players just screaming out their positions at all times

waiting for BR mode. Yeah I know you guys hate the meme but I like those games and I'm getting bored of apex and pubg. fortnite was never an option

there were no females but we got that

Dlc?

We got like 10 different countries before 10 in 1

lack of content and too much grinding for guns
also lack of quick patches
I actually quite liked the gunplay and it had some cool ideas (taking ammo/health directly off a player, battle rifles as a separate weapon class)

It's visually impressive, but I just can't get into it. Especially considering Rush is now a "limited time" mode that you can only play on three maps.

Plus, the whole "Reinforcements" system is kinda dumb. Generally just ends up with everyone dropping V1's at the end of the match, because the other options are objectively shite by comparison.

Honestly, all of the belt-fed MG's are so satisfying to use. Barely see any use though, because people would rather use the mag fed ones because DICE basically made them "Bigger assault rifles".

BF4 is alive and 3 is alive too.
3 has a fuckton of servers left.

I loved Hardline, but the grind was too much, personally. The whole "unlock things, then also pay in-game cash" for them was dumb.

Also, personally, I'd have preferred it if the weapons were more "domestic". Have all the LMG's, full-auto rifles etc be late game unlocks, make people use pistols, shotguns and single shot rifles more.

Blasting around maps doing drivebys whilst Death Grips blasts from the car radio was fucking great though.

Assault's been an OP class in Battlefield since Bad Company though.

They make all the AR's identical stat-wise, recoil-less lasers with high fire rates, so they're dominant at all ranges bar the extremes, then they give them the best gadgets for fighting vehicles, so there's no point in playing anyone else.

I miss the days of engineers being the de-facto anti-vehicle class, and assault being the infantry fighter.

>I miss the days of engineers being the de-facto anti-vehicle class, and assault being the infantry fighter.
4 wasn't that long ago.

almost 6 years and 3 BF games since BF4 was released

>6 years
Wait, that's a lotta time.

If they add in a American faction and weapons/equipment, then maybe ill buy it. Do they plan to add usa?

No Panzerknacker No Buy
youtube.com/watch?v=GFJwR00HrFA

Attached: panzerknackers.jpg (609x231, 21K)

Played 4 again for old times sake not too long ago, damn it felt good. Glad it's still alive. Something about the guns just feels so satisfying to shoot. Maybe it's the sound design, but they feel like they have weight to them. Breaks my heart knowing future BF games won't be going back to this style now that they're copy/pasting the gunplay they put together when they rebooted Battlefront

Full price for what people deemed "BF4 DLC."
Plus all the big Battlefield Youtubers bashed it so it's only natural that everyone else copied them and bashed it as well.
Sucks too because it had a few small convenient features that never came back...

That's not an excuse to make another game without class balance because currently there is one man army guy, camping bipod fag and two useless pieces of shit. Go fuck yourself, Dice.

has the same barebones content as bf1 at launch and some bugs as usual. very mediocre. i play it on weekends. it's worth the 20 bucks. BR coming out this month for it if that's your thing as well

To be fair the issues of getting stuck on terrain and retarded teams have been an issue since at least BF3.

I don't know what to tell you if you think "assault fags are dominating engagements at any range". If you can aim even a little every class is viable.

I wouldn't say the maps are hot garbage but theres a few that I don't care for, and the game seriously needs new maps quick.

>6 years since BF4
And I was just playing it, too...

Attached: kill_me.png (326x211, 46K)

It's still a perfectly fine game.
Too bad kr*uts nuked the 24/7 Pearl Market server.

>Medic and Recon are useless

Attached: 1544124660521.jpg (500x700, 148K)

It feels like it user. I wish they'd go back to a modern/futuristic setting at this point, or even try something new. Korean War maybe?

Fucking Vietnam2 or 2143.
Preferably 2143, I wanna play Titan again, and not that halfassed attempt from 4.

I'd love to go back to Vietnam. BC2's Vietnam DLC was pretty damn fun, a full game in the setting again would be nice.

>We got like 10 different countries before 10 in 1
What?
Also while we did get more than 2 factions in BF1, each faction was initially only represented in like 2 maps apiece prior to the DLC.

I wasn't saying it was bad (the opposite), just that I feel old now.

>a full game in the setting again would be nice.
I doubt DICE will be able to pull something fun again.
Especially when it comes to maps, they don't even have Visceral to outsource them to anyway.

>just that I feel old now.
Same thing; DICE being unable to pull a good BF game anymore makes it worse.

>tfw I skipped bf1 and was planning on bfV to be "the next one"

Fug, what does anyone hope the next one is?

>Fug, what does anyone hope the next one is?
The next one is hopefully DICE closing down.

This desu. The games are only going to get worse, not better.

>recon
>useless

don't mind me getting highest score in a match whilst going 0-0 because of all those Doritos I put on your head

Boring? Yes, useless? fuck no

also fuck the haters op. i'm still having fun with it and looking forward to firestorm

Attached: 1490493013456.png (260x194, 3K)

From a gameplay standpoint it is the best BF since Bad Company 2.
But it has women in it so it is trash.

But they are generally speaking. Recon can't do much unless canping far away from objectives and smgs are so weak medic loses every second engagement at close range to assault kids and bipoded supports. Do not fool yourself, the game has almost zero balancing between classes.

ONIONS onions

It's not about "if you can aim you win" thing. Assault objectively has the best guns in the game so it requires way less skill and practice to be good while playing as one.

Buy BF1. It is a better game by a wide margin.

thats still more than now

Honestly, I really like Hardline after a cold beginning.

I agree that assault has the best guns but you guys are acting like there's no way to do well in this game unless you play assault.

Recon is far from useless, sniping is great in this game, and spotting scope, flares and spawn beacon are all powerful gadgets. The self loading rifles are admittedly outclassed by the semi-auto rifles but once you get used to them they can really shine. Selbstlader 1906 with irons is a monster if you can pace your shots.

And SMGs are far from weak, I still don't understand why everyone has such a big issue with them. Does everyone try the Sten and give up? With their unlimited med packs and 5 smoke grenades when fully stocked, medic is a flanking run-and-gun machine. Sten and MP40 for accurate mid range engagements, Thompson, MP28 or Suomi for close range spray downs. Just abuse your hipfire and strafe left and right like an asshole and half the people in this game can't hit you in close range.

But you're right about bipoded supports. Currently there's not a whole lot you can do if you walk in front of an MG42. It's getting worse with the poopy rush mode they released this week. Half the defending teams are MG1922's

I don't really play FPS that much and I already had Titanfall 2 as my go-to FPS game if I feel like playing one.

But I kind of want to test out my new 144hz monitor,
will I enjoy BFV?

I played BF1 on PS4 and loved it. I got BFV on PC and fucking hate it. I dunno if it's the game, or if it's having it on PC. But it seems everyone is on God mode.

Sniping was great in bf1. In bfv it's annoying and not worth it most of the time unless you can land headshots 100% of time. Because bolt action rifles have slow muzzle velocity, low reload speed and bullet drop is ridiculous.
If you use self loaders it gets better but why would I use them when assault has semi-autos with almost zero recoil and spread plus 3x scope.
Medic is weak mostly because of limited effective range of smgs and midrange ones have the lowest rpm in the game so anyone can outgun you. Unlimited heals don't mean much if you can't defend yourself properly.
So no, the game has 2 effective classes and 2 wastes of a slot. While Dice gives zero fucks about balance.