ITT: games with terrible endings

ITT: games with terrible endings.

Attached: Hotline_Miami_2_cover.png (272x367, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/whlKo3ACkCg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 71W0shS7ylL._SX342_.jpg (342x394, 34K)

What an absolutely brainlet opinion.

How do you even follow the story in the hotline miami games? I cant bring myself to read the text, those parts so obviously just a chore in between the combat puzzles.

Not being retarded helps

Mad because you want more sequels? Yeah fuck you cunt,dont want the franchise to get milked and ruined

No, it just seems stupid to end the story of the two games with and then everyone gets nuked and dies. Nothing that you, the player, did was of any consequence. The end.

L.A Noire
God of war 3
Ocarina of Time
Tloz twilight princess
ME3
Far cry 3
Metal gear 5
Hotline 2
Rogue legacy
Those come into my mind right now

Attached: 450_1000.jpg (450x281, 56K)

>t. person who read the wiki

It's a story told anachronistically spanning six fictional years following seven or eight different perspectives, told over the course of two games in two different settings with unreliable perspectives due to dreams and hallucinations, with the player deciding some elements of the story. It requires like two playthoughs at least to get everything.

isaac
cringiest shit ive ever seen

That's because you play characters who are in no position to stop the social momentum that leads to the destruction.

It would be much harder to name games without terrible endings.

Attached: day.png (1712x998, 24K)

I detest "all in their head" endings, but it kinda made sense for Isaac.

The Hotline Miami games strike me as being 'written' by an acidhead imbecile that has convinced themselves that they are a genius.

Binding of Isaac?
I don't even know wtf the canon ending is and I have Platinum God

Kys

It's a videogame, of course nothing you do can have any consequence. Are you mad that your brainlet bing bing wahoo brain got dabbed on?

his mother abused him with religion so he killed himself by shutting himself in his toy box (he suffocated). the gameplay is him struggling with his "inner demons" so to speak

ah hence blueboy inside the box
alright thanks

Consequence to the plot, you dingus. Reading comprehension not your strong point? It doesn't matter what the characters that the player controls would have otherwise done in that story, the ending to the story still would end with everyone getting nuked. Ordinarily, the player still feels some sense of connection with the ending because they themselves have reached that ending by being good enough at the game. There's a connection of what I, the player did in progressing the plot and what they, the player character I control, does. Nothing that the player character does has any consequence, and so in a sense, nothing the player themselves does has any consequence.

Rogue Legacy? It was wholesome...

And? The characters are good, their stories are interesting, the aesthetics are top tier, same with the gameplay and music.

Them all getting nuked doesn't remove any of that. Forces beyond your control exists in the real world too, if your a resident in dresden that got firebombed along with everyone you had ever known, does that make your life bad writing?

>No, it just seems stupid to end the story of the two games with and then everyone gets nuked and dies. Nothing that you, the player, did was of any consequence. The end.
So? This isn't dickinmyass effect. The game focuses on it's game play and never sold itself on it's story or promise player agency in the story. It's not an RPG and that's a good thing.

What do you think the consequences of violence are? The game is all about how pointless and self-destructive violence is. This was the logical conclusion to the ever-escalating conflict between Russia and America as well as the realization of what was a very real fear and influence during the era the game takes place. So what if you dont have any consequence? You dont have any consequence on the plot of a movie or a book or the majority of video games that arent RPGs. Also reminder that biker, who mentions having moved into the desert, is still alive and the only surviving player character. But enough about the ending. There's more important things to talk about such as the Miami mutilator and his ever-increasing body count. Sounds scary huh? Well no need to fear, the best cop in all Miami is on the case. Manny Pardo will put that fiend behind bars, but let's just hope its sooner rather then later.

>I cant bring myself to read the text
There's not that much text. I'm guessing you've never read a book?

Attached: though skin man.png (460x555, 5K)

Attached: me3neverforget.png (880x699, 515K)

Is this still censored in Australia?

>mgs5
Can't call it a bad ending when it doesn't have one

Attached: 1550490746555.jpg (540x540, 20K)

God Of War 2, fuck that cliffhanger

>subhuman gamer manchild can't comprehend the tropes of noir and calls la noire bad

Ive read the wiki 3 times and i still cant make heads or tails of the story. Doesnt stop me from enjoying the game though.

Attached: 1551951619370.jpg (399x351, 67K)

>ends on a confusing note with bad guys still running around out there

At least Snake kept his promise to stop them, in MGS4.

Attached: MGS2Box.jpg (640x908, 106K)

>never sold itself on its story
Then why bother telling a story in the first place> Why bither making character sheets and explanations for design and characterization? Why release a game that has a story at all when they could have just made an arcade-style score attack mode without cutscenes or an arching narrative?
The creators obviously wanted to tell a story in between the violent rampages, and the ending of 2 (and even 1) are intentional fuck-yous to audience expectation of resolution in the high-minded spirit of directors like Tarantino and Roth. "Playing the audience" isn't a defense against criticism for people who refuse to write an actual resolution to their stories.

This one
youtu.be/whlKo3ACkCg

The ending was the best part of the game. Too bad the game in general fails to live up to the greatness of the original.

But the apocalypse is an actual resolution to Hotline Miami's story. Its foreshadowed plenty of times. It makes sense and it fits the games themes and message. Its the final outcome of escalating political violence. Literally the greatest expression of violence possible. How is it not a resolution?
Just because you dont like it doesnt mean it isnt a resolution.

You mean fantastic ending, right?

That's the point. Nothing accomplished in Hotline Miami 2 mattered. It was senseless violence by people riding the coattails of someone else who performed senseless violence
The world was ending and none of the characters could do anything but accept it, it was outside of their control

The far cry endings really were hot garbage

I think the only modern Far Cry ending that didn't suck was 4's secret ending

The gist of it is back in the 50’s-60’s something caused the Cold War to turn red hot and it ended with Russia nuking San Fran, forcing America to sign some kind of treaty, a part of which allowed Russian immigration to America to be basically unchecked.

A result of this was the Russian crime syndicates came in over in mass and took over, especially in Miami. 50 Blessings, an underground Nationalist group, formed to drive off the Russian mob and then any kind of Russian influence, by force.

Eventually things get so riled up again that a major Russian diplomat gets assasinated in America, as a response Russia sets off the bomb and glasses America (but not before America launches theirs, good ol’ Mutually Assured Destruction), and basically the world ends.