Rex is 15, why does he look 8?

Rex is 15, why does he look 8?

Attached: DlgtQQ2X0AA-XKB.jpg (1024x576, 140K)

I can't stand this. one of the reasons I haven't played 2 yet

for /ss/

because the animés

His role in the story is that of a young man in way over his head, and his design reflects that. This makes the Mythra design in the main game look like an intimidating Valkyrie, while in Torna she looks like a bratty teenage daughter.

Doesn't she just look exactly the same?

That's the point. Next to Rex she looks tall and intimidating, next to Addam, Jin, and Minoth she looks young and bratty.

Absolute manlet

Not really. She just looks like gormless fap bait next to either.

The same applies to Pyra as well but..

She's a bratty tsundere in both titles honestly. The only difference is in Torna she was constantly berated, and in XC2 she didn't have anyone giving her orders.

see
Same goes for her too. There was no need to make Rex a manlet. The narrative was enough to show he's in above his head. Not literally put rocks above his head.

Probably inherited Addam's beta genes in lefteria.

Addam is alpha as fuck though.

Because Takahashi wanted to make Xenoblade 2 a "boy meets girl" story reminiscent of the anime he grew up with in the 70s-80s as a child. Rex looks young to reflect this, but also to reflect what it's like to transition into an adult and experience the world for what it really is.
Meanwhile, Shulk's already an adult (18) with a fair head on his shoulders, and Elma's supposed to be 29 (until you find out she's an ayy lmao).

Attached: Xenoblade 2 wild ride.png (3144x3456, 3.81M)

I wish Poppi would punch me.

Van Damne's design was so retarded..

How the fuck did Metsu get the Monado?

It's for the shotacons

Attached: 69849457_p2.jpg (600x800, 480K)

Alvis (Ontos) is an Aegis who fucked off to a pocket universe (Xenoblade 1) he and Klaus created.
What Rex wields is technically a Monado too.

alvis's brother really

Gee universe 1 why does the conduit let you have TWO Monados?

Man he must have done a bad job because it reflects all of the annoying tropes plaguing anime today.

I love shulk

Attached: 220px-Tidus.png (220x385, 113K)

Does anybody else get "mastermind" vibes from Alvis? He technically gained the most when we put together what we know from Xenoblade 1 and 2

Attached: Alvis.jpg (700x1340, 108K)

I don't this Shulk looks this retarded, despite the belt mess under the shorts.

>plaguing anime today.
plaguing anime for the last 40 years***

Because he a fucking manlet.

There are some Asian kids at a middle school I work at that look like 1st graders. There are some that are also almost 6ft tall. Puberty just hits some people a little later than others.

I hate how sluggish the combat is in 2 compared to the original.

I don't know, but I want to fuck him

Attached: alvisvalentine.jpg (297x170, 9K)

Knowing Takahashi's writing style I assume that Alvis fucked off to the world of Xenoblade X, the Vita is an artifice and the sword it wields is a Monado.
We haven't seen Alvis's artifice at all.
Alvis's story is probably going to be how he's infused with the Zohar/Conduit and trying to ascend to true Godhood (Klaus is a Lesser God in comparison) by using everybody and finding loopholes in the universe or some shit.

For straight shota fetish. The gsme is shit.

Who says the monados are like the rings from green lantern and there’s really like 15 Monados

He probably impartially orchestrated the entirety of xenoblade 1 from the moment of that universe's creation

Attached: 1531522583797.png (135x200, 97K)

>calculative AI manipulating the emotions of human gods
fund it

Maybe it's me projecting but I get more of a... "Lightbringer" vibe? He definitely manipulates stuff but I get altruistic vibes from it. He wants people to be able to make their own choices and have their own agency. For that to happen in XB1, he has to take admin status away from Shulk and have Shulk voluntarily surrender it. In both XB1 and XB2, the only people who get "true" access to the Conduit are the sort of people who refuse to abuse it (ie Shulk who doesn't even use it to help Dunban or Fiora, or Rex who uses it solely to fight for Pyra/Mythra).

So at the very least I don't think Alvis is going to give us an evil laugh and reveal how he masterminded some insane scheme.

>he has to take admin status away from Shulk
Fuck. From KLAUS, obviously.

Although it's worth mentioning Klaus being struck in two suggests even he isn't worthy of true access because his desire to use the Conduit is part selfless, part selfish. He wants to do good and be vindicated for it... while also gambling with everyone's lives.

Its all the same monado. Alvis was the true one

alvis just wants shit to go back to normal

I didn't play xenoblade 2, what the fuck did alvis do and is he really evil?

Alvis isn't in the game, but it's explained that he was a part of the same system that Pyra/Mythra and Malos belonged to, and when Klaus pushed the button at the end of Xenoblade 1, Alvis went to Xenoblade 1's world along with one half of Klaus while Malos and Pyra/Mythra stayed behind in Xenoblade 2's world.

Alvis however got sucked into Xenoblade 1's world before he could get repurposed along with Pyra/Mythra and Malos did, so he's a pure, unemotional calculative AI with pseudo-god tools.

Attached: Xenoblade 2 Homura tea.jpg (497x512, 39K)

repurposed like*

Also no, he isn't evil or at least done anything evil.
On a side note, knowing more about how Aegises work there's theories popping up that he's somehow involved in Xenoblade X too.

Lets show em a thing or three!

Shut the fuck up Rex. Your lines and delivery are all garbage.

I LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE

Die homo

DON'T FORGET ME
I haven't even played 2 and I know some of this crap. Did X have any? I can't really remember.

Attached: 1452038752417.png (171x220, 43K)

X is alot more known for its dumb lyrics than it's dumb combat dialogue. Probably because there are so many more party members to go through and considerably fewer Brits. That said:

SUPERIOR TRASH TALK

I'm like halfway through mor ardain
Why am I supposed to hate rex again? he's pretty much a younger reyn and reyn was my favourite XB1 character for how fucking corny, cheesy and lovable he was

Attached: Now it's Reyn Time.jpg (2700x3450, 2.4M)

Reyn's archetype fits more as a party member/best friend role, not main character.

hey alright, somebody shoot that guy

>comparing Rex to Reyn

disgusting

He's a dirty, uncouth monkey and therefore automatically contemptible. Nah he's cool.

Attached: Lock, Stock and Two Glowing Swords.png (900x1195, 984K)

That's what made Rex meh. He felt more like a side-character than Zeke did. I wish the game was Zeke and Pandy.

My dad works at Monolith Soft, have a leaked screenshot of Xenoblade X2 (which is also Xenoblade 3)

Attached: tyrannosaurus rex.png (836x533, 833K)

da fuq

I remember a lot of Elma and Lin's dialogue because of how much the game forces them on you, but its mostly just arte names and some post battle banter.
>SLIDING SLINGER
>MOVE IN AND KEEP THE RHYTHM GOING
etc.

But the lyrics are definitely more memorable
HELLO? IS THIS THING ON?

I loved both XC and XC2's stories. Both have moments that leave you on the edge of your seat. Can't say for the same for mediocre shit like Berseria.

Attached: 1552282855398.jpg (640x400, 90K)

I hope Monolith overhauls their animation system for the next game. I hate it when characters in their games turn to look at something to their left or right by turning their head and upper body, while their lower half is facing forward. No one moves like this.

Please stop bullying Rex he’s a good boy that just wants to be friends.
Anyways I love reading about all of the theories connecting Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2. Is it possible that the Monado III is actually Alvis’ Blade weapon? I remember seeing people describe some of the last moments of the first game between Shulk and Alvis as being similar to a Blade Awakening.

Attached: C696BA29-9BB7-49C4-905E-57319632821A.jpg (1564x881, 194K)

>theories
They're canonically connected.
Now all of the theories are connecting X to 1&2

Even better desu

Attached: 38F141F0-96D6-4288-8178-09BACD4DD288.jpg (1024x576, 99K)

The lifehold computer is an artificial conduit
Elma is an artificial aegis, hence why she's apparently the only person who can use it.
The conduit in Xenoblade 2 fucked off to the plane where the Samaar originated.
Whoever named BLADE (in Japanese) is aware of Malos/Logos
The Black Knight is an Aegis (probably Alvis)
Vita is an Artifice
The missing pillar of the Beanstalk in Xenoblade 2's backstory that got pulled away with Zanza and Alvis mysteriously landed in Mira (Mira concept art)
Mira is a weird pocket dimension akin to Xenoblade 1's and not really the real universe, there never were human bodies, there never was an Earth. Everybody's memories of pre-Mira are fabricated.

Attached: It's mira.jpg (720x479, 303K)

There's always been a disjoint between the big budget cutscenes and normal conversations in the Xenoblade games, but I thought it was especially bad in 2.
All I really want is for them to put more time into the minor cutscenes so they don't look so jarring when put next to the beautifully animated major cutscenes. Proper English lipsyncing would be nice too, XB2 looks worse than fucking FFX in that regard.

Attached: NintendoSwitch_XenobladeChronicles2_scrn08_E3.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

Man, look at those trash main characters, especially the girl, her story barely exists and people wanted all three of these motherfuckers in smash!?

DLC/Remake/Final Mix/portal to an alternate reality when?

Attached: D0K2KTKU0AAZ9KK.jpg (1562x2048, 367K)

Alvis is the xeno equivelant to Stephen from SMT

>Alvis/Black Knight makes the same deal with Lao that he did with Shulk and Pyra did with Rex
kino

LAY DOWN SOME COVER FIRE

X2 DLC was godlike but I do wish Malos got SOMETHING

WHAT A BUNCH OF JOKERS

Attached: fgdtpvzaaxe11.png (500x462, 321K)

alvis was the true monado in HIS universe. meyneth and klaus had underpowered replicas.
if alvis being the 3rd is true then pneuna and malos are just as strong as him.

Adam should have been the protagonist, not Rex. Rex makes every soiyboy in existence look like a tesosterone-fueled chad, that's how shit of a character he is.

but what does the key mean?

Attached: 1539243056080.gif (220x260, 1.19M)

Pneuma and Malos are Aegises.
Alvis technically isn't.

Pneuma, Malos and Alvis all originated from the Trinity Core system as equals to operate the Conduit. Alvis disappeared when Klaus pushed the button to use the Conduit, meaning he didn't have the opportunity to be repurposed into an Aegis.
Pneuma and Malos were converted into Aegises long after Klaus became a God, to help him bring order to the new world he was creating. Alvis isn't a part of this system since Alvis escaped to the world in Xenoblade 1, so Alvis retained all of his original Conduit processes from the Trinity system.

What I'm saying is that Alvis is undeniably stronger and more powerful than Malos or Pneuma.