What is the best multiplayer shooter ever released?

And why is it Team fortress 2

Attached: tenor.gif (390x218, 782K)

Pepper!'s game is also pretty good

Attached: 1547953488978.png (947x1098, 562K)

>join a match
>lose immediately

Attached: 1541855701102.jpg (320x281, 23K)

Self indulgent thread about TF2?
Count me fucking in

SPY MAIN REPORTING IN

Attached: 24ae89ca289046a6729d56d82b2a2649.gif (480x270, 2.63M)

>Help your team win during entire round
>Last capture point is about to be captured
>Die
>Get autobalanced to losing team
>Lose as soon as you respawn

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Oh no!

Attached: 01.png (748x318, 120K)

>Game is still alive after shit like OW, Paladins, Fortnite etc. still exist but are remotely dead.

How did they do it?

Attached: unnamed-4.jpg (250x353, 28K)

soul

>palafurfags in our TF2 thread
I don't think so

Attached: 1541293705516.png (446x435, 79K)

Either that or divine interest.

>Game was released 12 years ago
>Still consistently makes it to the 3rd-4th most played game on Steam

Attached: This+gif+i+just+i+shouldnt+be+laughing+so+hard+_3508a5cd4f2d72c7f7dd8f9543b47e6f.gif (267x150, 776K)

You are wrong, it's Unreal Tournament 2004.

Either way it's mad impressive

I remember playing this on 360 years ago and wanting to like it, but just couldn't

Unironically?
The community. And not the new age SoundSmith/Uncle Fags. They might actually ruin the game.

Community Servers and mods keep the game alive. The people on those servers are also generally welcoming. 3rd party sites like TF2Center.com help players get some semblance of actual competitive TF2.
MYM is the beginning of the decline unfortunately and nothing short of reverting that update will save TF2 from declining.

Attached: images.jpeg-71.jpg (554x554, 23K)

Then why is it so fucking hard to get a good game at most hours? All I see populated are ponyfag servers and third worlders.

>not even 10 posts into the thread that someone mentions Overwatch and calls it "dead"
Every single time.
Sad!

Attached: ow-tf2.png (500x562, 560K)

I hate OW and love TF2, but I'd be fucking lieing if i said that image wasn't perfect

not only OW dumbo. he asked how tf2 is still played that much after a decade

>baited overbab defending his dead game
ggez

>stop having fun with tf2
>occasionally pop back in for party Yea Forumsan servers
>see a party Yea Forumsan thread
>hop in the server
>no micspams
>no music
>shitty default maps
>newfags using mic to talk
>nobody cussing and flinging shit

Maybe I should drop tf2 completely

Casual mode is fine. Sure, it's a step down, but it's still fine.

>had to make my steam profile private because of all the russian scammers trying to steal my colorful hats and earbuds
>quit TF2 in 2014
I thought about reinstalling many times but I get tired of people speaking slav trying to scam me out of my hats in-game. Leave me the fuck alone.

>pl map
>cart stuck at a chokepoint
>finally destroy a sentry
>push 3 inches
>there are two more sentries suddenly shooting at you
I hate this

Attached: 1538306535737.png (600x388, 86K)

more than one engineer ruins the game

Get good at Spy or Demo senpai.

I fucking hate that faggot uncle dane for making engie so fucking popular. Ever since he got big I'd get "engie mains" who insist on being engineer even on blue when we haven't even made it to the first checkpoint. This uncle dane fat bald fuck is reddit incarnate and seeing his face reveal legit made me cringe.

TF2 isn't a fucking fighting game. The characters aren't so hard that you should ever dedicate yourself to having a "main" class. You should be good at all 9 classes and should be easily switching through when you need to.

That's why I stopped playing that game. Years and years ago. I refuse to be autobalanced ever again, if a game has autobalance I will not play it.

*ahem*

Attached: pic-20151221-1024x768-3397080651.jpg (1024x768, 566K)

>CP Map
>1 L3 at the start, and at each point
>Get to last point
>No less than four L3 Sentries

Attached: 1310949500701.png (551x356, 165K)

Learn how to counter engines better or get a better team, engies are literally sitting ducks

i know how to counter them, it's just that more than one engineer ruins the game since the pace goes to absolute shit.
it'd be fine if it were only 2 engineers defending a point, but it's annoying when you have 2 engineers with a full team who are around them. you basically need to make a big coordinated push to get through, while the defending team barely needs to coordinate at all.

indeed

Geez dude, maybe it's because attackers only need to win once while defenders have to keep winning until timer runs out.

just block them lol

attackers need to put themselves at risk while pushing through multiple points, as they don't just win when they capture one point.
defending in comparison is far easier and safer.

>not sticky spamming
>not going baguette

Yep pretty much this. Usually just go Spy and give the old fashioned Sap-N-Shooty, Fresh-N-Fruity special.

If that doesn't work, a pill assault and stickies to follow will generally always work.

The real tricky bit is to stop them from rebuilding so fast

Attached: images-2.png (641x478, 24K)

>The real tricky bit is to stop them from rebuilding so fast
keep spamming.
Area denial is the only way

So yeah, Demoman and Soldier

After a while, youre gonna get some heat on you. That's why it gets tricky. You can only deny for so long. PUSH ZE KART.

When the ow devs finally say fuck it and go wild with OW (cuz it's getting more and more boring n ppl r leaving) it's gonna become the game it was meant to be

well your teammates are supposed to push the payload while you deal with the turtling

and if you get heat? I mean, good, that means your team isn't currently getting it

>contest and deny engies from building for 2 minutes
>finally die to a stray crocket
>you're waiting to respawn, psyching yourself up to help your selfless teammates finish pushing the kart before the engies rebuild
>spawn
>all you hear is conga, kick, aerobics, and square dance music
>everyone on your team is just in spawn dancing

Every fucking time

Jesus did it change that much?

>tfw im the one who starts the conga line just to make you lose

No xd
Just a meme

This was the 300iq play to make back when you could switch teams readily

>inb4 they allow disguised spies to taunt (or at least the "social" ones)

>or at least the "social" ones
What did he mean by this

the ones where people can join, duh.

I played some pubs last night after a long hiatus from the game and, to my surprise, I was having a LOT of fun, I was feeling ecstatic, like I was drunk or high. I don't know how to explain it, I guess TF2 I just good for my soul.

Attached: 1486137119069.jpg (268x263, 55K)

The last time I played against humans in TF2 I was the top medic on my team and gave them unstoppable momentum. I was autobalanced before the last point and my former team crashed into us and won the game. It's one of the reasons why I only play against bots nowadays.

engineer stacking was a thing before dane even started playing the game

shut the fuck up about your favorite celebrity already

same, been getting back into it the last week and i'm glad i did
it's just fun, and it has a strange charm to see there's still lenny spammers, soldiers with a medic gf up their ass and salty engie/heavy armchair generals desperately trying to rally the team
it's as if i never left in the first place.

Attached: 1552230407220.jpg (916x916, 200K)

Those numbers are supplemented by Xbox, as well. I'd add 50% to that.

What's MYM?

Is it normal to find complete stalemates on dustbowl last really... comfy? Just two teams grinding eachother to mush for 20 fucking minutes on the last point.
Yeah it's shit game design-wise but it's the distilled essence of TF2 for me.

Meat Your Match
Solidified the new shitty matchmaking system

Meet your match, update that replaced quickplay with casual matchmaking.

Am I doing something wrong when using the Pain Train to cap points as a Demo?

You have to wield it it.
And also kill yourself for not using the trench grenade.

Attached: 1544402473370.png (899x570, 161K)

You have to hold it out, and beware bullets

It's nerfed to shit, be easy on him for not being alpha enough.
Give him credit, he's not using the Fagman's DickCutter

people complained about crits before dane even started playing

I don't see anything wrong except that it's an unwarranted attempt to force a competitive matchmaking where it doesn't belong.

Halo 3

TF2 was never good.

Attached: natural 50s.jpg (74x208, 3K)

Combining it with Chargin' Targe to zip trough enemy defences and staight to their final point has been successful so far.

Oh man, you should have seen the launch. What we have today is after a myriad of fixes.

mean and bullypilled

Attached: pepper cry.jpg (468x509, 43K)

I liked Paladins back when I played it bud. Didn't have Pepper at that point though.

Attached: HappyDaye.png (543x473, 34K)

aren't crits a setting you can turn off on the server if you want?

While quickplay already dealt a big blow to community servers, MYM completely buried them. QP let reasonably vanilla community servers get traffic, but thanks to a combination of server owners going full jew with html welcome message ads that could be malicious and dev-controlled matchmaking being the hip thing, that was axed.
Community servers struggle nowadays unless they offer something very unique (meme modes/maps) or they're a megachain like Skial. Even communities that still exist probably cut the amount of servers they offer down, and might only be full on weekends.

Casual is fine for what it is. It was a rushed abortion at launch, but it works great for quick vanilla TF2.
Comp is a complete waste of resources.

nobody uses community servers for a reason

Attached: tf2.jpg (511x380, 17K)

Because TF2 is the last hurrah of boomercore.

game is fun and funny

Heck the characters in SFM videos have been saying the same shit for a decade and it's still funny.

Attached: 20190221143223_1.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)

people only really play in community servers if they want to play a meme gamemode.
if matchmaking/quickplay wasn't a thing, then you would see more people creating/playing on nocrit servers, and servers with community maps.
it's a shame since there's some really good community maps, but you'll never get to play them with a bunch of other people if they aren't in the matchmaker.

unf

Attached: tenor[1].gif (430x440, 2.44M)

FACT: Payload Race is the only good mode.

Attached: 5af7710611bfb[1].jpg (1366x768, 107K)

If by that, you mean TDM, then yes. Payload Race is the best mode

The glory days of TF2 are over

DIRTY BOMB

Attached: dirtybombmercsshot.png (671x235, 335K)

I don't get why uncle dane doesn't make his own no crit server.
with all the people hugging his dick on discord iI imagine there should be some traffic

That's a funny way to spell attack/defend

Kys useless deluded faggot

I love Banana Bay. And I swear, some people in my area have nothing but this map selected because Luxembourg Banana Bay is starting to look like a real sub-community with lots of familiar faces.

Wow rude
I don't like banana bay, it's too stale-mate ish

That's fair, but I don't go to Banana Bay to push the cart, I go there to jump around and go for killstreaks.
Of course I'm not one of those twats who yell at people doing the objective, but I sure as hell will try to stop them.

Buzzword, buzzword, nigger, buzzword
Witty exchange complete.

Is it even worth trying to git gud at tf2 at this point? The game is old and I don't know how many years it has left in it. And you'll never be good when you have pub stomping gods who have been playing since '07 dominating you every match.

You don't strive to get good. You play the game because you like it and get good before you know it. The only time you actively "train" is stuff like jump maps.

looks like a colored down version of fortnite

Attached: yeee haw.png (300x481, 124K)

lmao have u set the region to africa?

>5 hrs into the thread and still no UGLEH poster
DISSAPOINTED, SON

Attached: MFW-Nop-1941865636.jpg (287x250, 12K)

>yer ugleh

IM BEAUTIFUL dammit

Attached: weaaa.png (882x758, 16K)

here's your (You), now fuck off faggot

Bit late, innit?

>if matchmaking/quickplay wasn't a thing, then you would see more people creating/playing on nocrit servers,
People already do this though?

Attached: nocrits servers as of like last night.jpg (1920x1080, 523K)

>I don't think about you at all
>adds demoman

Its a decent game? I dont really see whats so special about comparing it to 3 FOTM garbage games. Its really not hard to outlive any of those three.

i can live without mods but i'm sad that sprays are off by default now. at least theres still decal stuff

>having some good ol tf2 king of the hill rounds
>consistently push back enemies from taking my objective
>get autobalanced when it's literally 5 secs left
> YOU LOSE! Winning capture: user

Shit i just beat myself

what's the best spy gun? stock, diamondback, or l'etranger?

diamondback and you know it

Diamondback if enemy team has some clueless gibuses to farm crits off (most of the time)
Stock if enemy team is unusually competent.
L'etranger if you still fuck around with the dead ringer.