So, this game has pretty much the worst combat and skill progression systems of any Tales game I've played

So, this game has pretty much the worst combat and skill progression systems of any Tales game I've played.

Why do people consider it one of the best?

Attached: talesofshit.jpg (616x353, 40K)

Velvetfags and Shotoposters aren't people

You already know

Attached: 1525917763686.jpg (1243x1760, 169K)

>actually so mad that he named the image talesofshit
based

They don't Xilla and Xillia 2 were.

Yes

Attached: Dyo4p2TVAAEalOy.jpg orig.png (486x978, 568K)

Jesus Christ...

i love milla

I consider it maybe the fifth or sixth best 3D game.

Vesperia
Hearts R
Abyss
Xillia 2
Graces f or Berseria

And then whatever the fuck else came out. I didn't really like Symphonia so I don't really care for it.

Attached: 9d537bc6c87c797d49139bd87c49e807.png (759x1075, 382K)

Still better than Zestiria and how you functionally have two characters at any given time.
Also the cast is gold, I wish more tales games actually gave a shit about its cast and giving them entertaining character arcs instead of what we usually get.

I haven't really liked the series since it made the switch to the dynamic 3D style, with Xillia and onward. They were trying to make the games look more modern, visually, but it just falls flat for me.

I prefer the Vesperia approach.

I agree, the style definitely needs to change if the games want to continue to stick out again. You can't mix all these goofy anime-like animations with realistic proportions. Some things work by default because they fit in naturally.

Attached: 09303ea009dc31b2f3088d7426e7fe71.jpg (1006x1274, 307K)

Most of the people who play anime games only care about the waifus. As long as there are anime girls in a game they will buy it and praise it. If anything, gameplay is a detriment and just gets in the way of "spending time" with their waifu. Just take a look at XC2 for perhaps the best, most clear example of this.

This game is trash. Velvet is so unbelievably garbage. Her design is great but personality is boring and the combat is boring because of her.

The gameplay in xenoblade chronicles 2 was awesome

I dont know what you hope to gain by lying so blatantly. Are you trying to "troll", or something?

I liked Zestria better. Sorey, Mikleo, Lailah, Alisha, Edna. Fuck Rose she was the only bad one.

In Berseria all you have is Magilou, the rest were autistic.

Didn't care much for the cast in Zestiria, but the combat, and exploration were fun, at least. More so than Berseria.

I also like Zestiria better

SEETHING vesperiafag
Your game is shit and you know it

The characters are likeable and i liked it much more than zestiria honestly. I didn't like the item progression though.

It just is.

hell no fuck that goofy ass shit im happy the characters actually look good now

>leaving out a very good boy

Attached: DTBgj59UQAEpC0H.jpg (675x675, 38K)

>Why do people consider it one of the best?
I dont know. Made a thread yesterday about beseria because I wondered about the same thing. People comparei t to fucking vesperia, wtf.

Its just hard to keep playing it. I'm where eleanor joins.
The areas outside also all seem identical. They probably outsourced it because it just seems so generic. I cant stand it. Pic related.
Also its fujoshi overload. It just became progressively worse with each game. Its hard to ignore it.

I mostly see people praising the story.
But the skits are so bland. Is the story getting better?
Its just so fucking uninteresting. The characters seem to have no depth.
Tales games always felt a bit amateurish, but its stuff I could come up with really.
But maybe there is still stuff coming.

About best tales, for me the list would probably be

>Abyss
>Symphonia
>Vesperia
>Graces
>Phantasia
>Eternia
>Xillia
>Beseria/Zestiria . Not edgy, but I really dont know which is worse. Zestiria has worse characters and battle system. But story seemed more interesting.

>Hearts R
What??
Is that true?
I saw people trashing it everywhere.
Is it actually good?
Any other tales games I should get into?
Wish we would ever get destiny.

Attached: bese.jpg (2546x1431, 417K)

Hearts R is a low budget piece of shit made by the fucking Q team and it somehow has one of the funniest parties and some of the best gameplay in the entire series.

Nobody played it because it's on the Vita, but don't sleep on it, it's traditional as fuck for a Tales game and it's genuinely a great experience.

Attached: 2c0d6e861047697d0f0d9ed9ffbe30ac.jpg (700x757, 248K)

Berseria or Zestiria first?

>funniest party
Shame both the male and female leads bring them all down

No bullying.

Attached: 3896747.png (600x519, 248K)

>Not liking the absolute dork that is Shing
>Not liking Kohaku and her ultra autism

Attached: d5f8f7eec5e4f01fa7c66978a966b078.jpg (894x582, 520K)

>vita
Goddamnit.
I'm kinda punished with alot of the tales games because I cant play them because of either never coming to the west like destiny or being on systems I dont have with no emulation.
Damn frustrating. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Attached: 1.jpg (3840x2160, 668K)

I can't like them when the other party members are miles better than them while they just stand there getting all good shit just because they wear the "I'm the Main Character" shirt.

Combat's fine. There's not a single character I hate in this game, and it seems like it's geared more towards teenagers/young adults compared to other titles in this series, which looks like their target audience is kids.

Milla
>lisp
My favorite character because of that.

Attached: Milla_Maxwell_Status_(ToX).png (640x720, 376K)

Because people dislikes TOZ.

>worst combat

Nah, thats Vesperia and the old Tales Of games with stupid 2D combat.

Vesperia is the most overrated RPG of all time, hell it's even the most overrated VIDYA of all time. Undertale at least had the merit of being a solid, great game, and so were FF7/Symphonia/Mother 3 (you know, the usual suspects)

Vesperia's likeable and/or developed characters can be counted on one hand. The villains have no actual motivation whatsoever save for that Duke retard and it's a "misunderstood hero" cliche yet again. Do the villains' motives get explained in sidequests? That's bad already, but also the sidequests fucking suck in the game due to being highly missable (I know the series has often suffered from this, but it was never THIS bad)

The combat is poor and takes a long-ass time to open up. The story is flat. The music ain't too special either. Berseria's item management isn't good but Vesperia is even worse in that regard due to each character having TWO different pieces of equipment with skills, and each can have up to three different skills, and you have to manage that on up to NINE characters as opposed to Berseria's six.

etc

It's a "good" game, of course, but it deserves to get shat on for that excess of hype. Bandai Namco had the fucking nerve to write "the fans' favorite Tales game!" on the back of the boxart when really they got memed on by three falseflaggers on Twitter. But said fans bought this rerelease and saw this piece of shit for what it really was. Feels good man.

>The villains have no actual motivation whatsoever
What? The villains' motives are stated pretty clearly in the game. Barbos is just a guild leader who wanted power and to seize Altosk's position as the leader of the Union. Jaeger is almost similar, but he exploited the situation with the empire and the Union to make money off of weapons.
it's a different thing altogether whether you think those are good motivations, but it's bullshit saying that their motivations weren't explained

So what about Alexei?

>fujoshi overload

What? Are you talking about Eizen and Rokurou? You're aware that the Sanji/Zoro trope isn't gay right

As far as I remember, he's pretty similar to Duke. He was tired of the state of the world and wanted to purge it of all its inhabitants.

Between velvet and laphicet.
like in this picture here or pic related.
Happens constantly. its just annoying.
Rokurou having all those topless scenes as well, same like the zestiria character lol
Its pretty much in your face at this point.

Attached: beser2.jpg (2071x1155, 184K)

You don't know what fujoshi means then. It's just about shipping men together, not straight couples or lesbians

tales is definitely targeted at the fujoshi audience, what are you talking about?
They love shota shit. There are tons of velvet/laphi doujinshi out there.

Xillia 2 had the best gameplay in the franchise.

Do you think Velvet has a penis?

>There are tons of velvet/laphi doujinshi out there.
Why do you lie, motherfucker?

Never seen anybody say this. It's actually the second worst in the series, Zestiria being the worst by far.

It best in the series,you just have shit taste

What makes it the best?

Story and combat that doesnt lock its basic mechanics behind 20 hours of play or grinding