As someone that never played DMC can someone explain to me Dante’s character...

As someone that never played DMC can someone explain to me Dante’s character. From reading threads all I picked up was that he’s a boomer that would beat the shit out of you with a cooler full of monster energy drinks and Mountain Dew when you tell him System of a Down sucks ass

Attached: A3D14B8B-4ACC-423A-9A31-CA1005A10AEF.jpg (578x606, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html
twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/625886255935438848
youtube.com/watch?v=cpME4riPI1k
youtube.com/watch?v=1ChOxz7cXxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's a demon hunter with a devil may care attitude.
GET IT?

He’s just a guy lookin’ to have a cuhrazee time (in order to forget about his m-m-moothhherrrrr and brother)

The new memes really are cringy.

>manchild
>loves to fight
>arrogant
>trash talker
>pervert
>asshole
>smug

He’s a light hearted half demon half human who gets his kicks from killing demons and looking stylish. He’s incredibly comfortable with himself and his life, he knows he’s cool and has zero insecurities. Despite this after DMC3 (chronologically the first game in the series) he learns that he can’t just go through life not caring about anything and decides to hunt demons not just because it’s fun but also to protect humankind. As he gets older he gets more eccentric, as he’s quite bored with his day to day life after DMC1 (chronologically the second game in the series) due to defeating the demon king and nothing posing a challenge anymore.

More like he'll probably try to leave or shut you up. He doesn't really care as long as you're not annoying him. He's just cool and chill most of the time but will stop anything he sees as wrongdoing.

he's a virgin

I'll never get over how pathetic you have to be to project like this.

hmm, sweet (You), gimme gimme.
seriously though. Virgil has a son, even Agnus apparently has a daughter. Why is Dante all alone? Does he even know he has a dick?

He's a Ninja Turtle.
He likes swords, pizza, lives in a shithole and he's a party dude

Attached: 145.gif (640x360, 1.33M)

I mean I'm all out, I just finished the game and had my little Yea Forums discussion. Nice bait though.

You this barrykun everyones talking about?

He's Goku

This wasn’t bait, I was just curious because I’ve never played the games and all I see about Dante is him being used for the boomer meme. Also who the fuck is Barrykun?

"You want me to de-what you? I'm not a gardener"

Not for lack of trying from Patty and Lucia

Reminder that you can lose your virginity to pizza.

Man I really blew it in college

He likes to kill the demon things. Oh wait.

jesus, that's amazing. Is it from the game?

>be teenage boy
>go to hot chick's party, she's legal now but still won't fuck anyone but alright I'll take the challenge
>she lives in this weird-ass mansion, lots of cleaning stuff scattered around
>still, pretty fun party, all the regular bros and hoes showed up
>halfway through the night there's some rumbling noise
>look outside and a van erupts from the yard
>bunch of literally whos come flooding out with swords and shit
>ohfuck.jpg
>some 40-year-old boomer kicks the door open and chucks like twenty boxes of pizza on the table from across the room
>guy that doesn't look much older than the rest of us walks in and waves at us awkwardly
>blonde woman carries in a fucking jukebox with like one arm
>other chick with glasses is yelling and cursing not to drop the damn thing
>lady with a fucking rocket launcher walks in and gives bedroom eyes to what feels like the whole room
>another 40-year-old boomer that looks like he never left his twenties walks over and just fucking stares at me
>I go to take a drink and he starts autistically rambling about having power and his motivation or whatever the fuck
>birthday girl is all over the first boomer, he looks like he really doesn't wanna be here
>20-year-old is drawing all the girls' eyes but screams something about "KIERYEH" or some shit
>revs his fucking sword, no lie, and rides it out the front door
>both boomers hang around the blonde chick looking even more uncomfortable than before
>even the hot lady with the rocket launcher is getting piss drunk it looks like
>boomer throws pizza slice at the other guy and screams "WOOHOOHOO"
>guy slices the thing out of mid-air and screams "NOW I'M MOTIVATED"
>both of them turn into fucking bat demons and fly through the roof
>the rest of them are just acting like this is normal
>chick with glasses walks over and starts talking about how hard it was to make a robot arm that drills but still has a good grip
>I can't tell if she's coming on to me
>mfw I just wanted to smash

Attached: 1552278703852.jpg (1024x991, 122K)

I dont know that's what I was asking :(

>Goku stayed dead as an act of self-sacrifice, but really it was so he could fight shit in Otherworld
>Dante went with Vergil for the same reason
God dammit

Attached: 20190312021600_1.jpg (2560x1440, 431K)

Attached: giphy[1].gif (475x355, 536K)

I think this webm tends to sum up his character quite nicely.

Attached: DanteFromDevilMayCryV.webm (960x540, 2.8M)

He is the son of the legendary dark knight Sparda. Dante will triumph over the darkness as his father once did.

>tfw no patty's birthday story DLC where demons crash the party
>Dante literally grabs a knock off Monster and drinks it

He's a guy who works as a devil hunter to make sure no humans suffer from demons like him.

He's immortal and has super demonic powers, so he has that smuggy braggy attitude but still loyal to his friends.

>immortal
No he fucking isn't. He ages like a normal human when he's not DTed.

He takes swords to his heart all the time and doesn't even flinch.

Even his brother Virgil, who is a better fighter couldn't take him down by piercing his body twice with a demonic sword.

you blew the pizza?
yo guys, this faggot sucks pizza dick!

You need to add A&R to this pasta to make it truly complete

Attached: patty's tea party.png (823x590, 36K)

based hinkles-kun

There's a difference, user. Use your intellect.

How does he die then if piercing his heart won't even stop him?

-year-old is drawing all the girls' eyes but screams something about "KIERYEH" or some shit
Always gets me

Attached: 1543676323811.png (200x200, 63K)

>Dante may be half demon but his human side makes him age just about the same rate as a normal human being.
devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html

>never played DMC
why do you still live? why do you still come here?

Immortal vs. Invincible, user.

Oh then I chose the wrong term.
I stand corrected.

He went a whole month knocked out without any nourishment whatsoever.

The tree was providing him with nourishment though. It's why his hair and beard grows so much in only a month

There is a big difference between being incredibly resistant to shit like getting stabbed and not being able to die, you mong.

>his hair and beard grows so much in only a month
You mean, at a normal rate?

He was created to be someone who was cool without having to smoke, drink, do drugs, bang every chick he meets, etc. He kills demons, he eats pizza, and he has fun doing both of those things. Having fun is the purest statement you can make about Dante. Even when he is getting stabbed in the chest by a sword as long as he is tall he still has fun. He picks up nunchucks and starts acting like he is Bruce Lee. Not because he needs to to make them work effectively, but because its fun to do it. The only thing that ever seems to phase him is the loss of his family.

did that novel become canon? I clearly remember that it wasn't

Or his big bro dunking on him.
BIG BROTHERS WW@?
WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU MADE YOUR BROTHER FUMING MAD EFFORTLESSLY?

Attached: 1552240532272.png (607x808, 840K)

Fair point. I'll grab another source to back up my claim.
twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/625886255935438848

>Kamiya
I wasn't even doubting, but come on

That's exactly why Dante is so powerful, Patty wants to take it away though

Attached: 1552224217048.jpg (1024x572, 112K)

You're legitimately braindead if you think Dante is going to live forever.

Dante is basically Bugs Bunny, but as a half-demon good guy who kills demons that attack humanity.

TMNT x Anime. Two best things ever.

I think you're the brain dead here bud

>Don't like anime but love DMC
I don't know how they do it. Even the tropes I'd find obnoxious anywhere else are charming in DMC. Nero's Red Queen is also one of my favorite swords in games and contrasts heavily to dumb shit like Final Fantasy gunblades.

I really really dislike Dante in this game. I feel like he became a parody of himself.

Attached: 1544570883535.jpg (470x960, 69K)

But this is the most serious Dante has been since DMC1

You didn't feel that way in DMC3? Going from DMC1 to 3 was jarring as hell

he likes Pizza and he likes to bottom for Nero,
that's pretty much all you need to know about Dante honestly

Attached: 1547524081077.jpg (737x737, 148K)

Yeah, it was weird but he was much younger and it was kind understandable for him to act like that. I found him obnoxious sometimes but I ended up liking him. I haven't played DMC in years but I don't remember Dante doing any over the top silly stuff. DMC5 Dante feels really really weird to me. Maybe it's because he's old and 'realistic' now. That hat scene was unnecessary too. Stuff like that just doesn't work with new artstyle

>I don't remember Dante doing any over the top silly stuff.
>That hat scene was unnecessary too.

Attached: 1355618127673.gif (459x459, 2.6M)

*DMC4

Please play DMC3 again and reasses your stance about the time you get to Dante running down the side of temen-ni-gru, or driving the motorcycle, or breaking into the Nevan guitar solo. Art style is subjective but come on man

I love how the reason Dante want to kill Vergil simple because Nero.
Literally "dont talk to me and my son" pic.

Or anything he did in DMC4.

Yeah, Dante would never do silly stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=cpME4riPI1k

it literally looks like the Red Power Ranger's sword

Now compare it to this
youtube.com/watch?v=1ChOxz7cXxc

That's a stretch, that sword looks more like Alastor aside from color

Am i supposed to think that this is more silly? Is that what you're implying? Because i don't think it's more silly, i would argue that Dante and a bug monster reciting shakespeare before their big fight is far sillier. Either way, you can think what you want, but if you think Dante busting Michael Jackson moves when he got the hat isn't peak Devil may Cry then you're just wrong, and i can only assume that when you said "i haven't played DMC in years" you meant "decades" because 3 and 4 are full of stuff like this.

Attached: 1552121034357.png (620x981, 951K)

3 and 4 aren't real DMCs though. Gameplay is fine, but everything else is Reddit as fuck. DMC1-2 Dante with 4's gameplay would be a perfect DMC game imo. Shakespeare scene is way more DMC than a silly dance btw.

While I actually do agree with Kamiya here that it's plausible, the series has gone in a different direction than his original intent and his interpretations are basically little more than fan head-canon at this point. Kamiya originally saw Trish as Dante's love interest, and intended that Eva's spirit haunting Dante's medallion is what let him come back to life after being stabbed by Alastor. But in Itsuno's games, Dante and Trish have a platonic relationship and Trish's resemblance to Eva just weirds Dante out more than anything, Eva is just a normal human woman, and Dante survives getting impaled because he's just that strong.

fuck off retard

Attached: 1552133760510.jpg (1053x895, 121K)

26 year old virgin here, ask me anything

Attached: 1528960122146.png (800x466, 175K)

Dumb retarded redditor.

Nice arguments.
DMC1 Dante was the best Dante.

Attached: 1539207309648.png (310x294, 179K)

Can someone for the love of god please help me getting good with dante? Im a pleb that only uses the sword / kalina ann and trickster + royalguard. if i would be able to add one more weapon to my comfort zone, which one should it be? balrog or cerberus

Balrog is simpler but you should be fine as is. Most of the style comes in memorizing enemy animations, learning when to parry, knowing when you can dodge out of animations, etc. Just go at your own pace brother. Remember failure and practice mean the same thing.

balrog feels really bad outside of swordmaster.

27 here. You're not as powerful as me but you're close. Keep up the good work.

???

Attached: Untitled.png (1171x776, 1.6M)

Well first of all, i have no reason to deal with such blatant shitposting, please apply yourself and put in more effort next time, secondly you made no argument, you saying you prefer DMC1 and 2's tone is your opinion, and i don't give two diddly squats about your opinion, you can have it. Third, even if you had the best argument in the world it's irrelevant to me because i prefer the tone of 3, 4 and 5 and that is the direction the games have taken for over a decade and it's not going to change, and fourth, DMC3 predates Reddit.

Attached: 1528948359336.png (540x390, 152K)

>Huge Nerofag and sort of new to the series
>Never liked Dante
>Didn't want to play as him in DMC4
>Was okay in DMC3 but still preferred Vergil
>Get to him in this game, not having as much fun as I did with my boy Nero or even V
>Get to the point where you get Faust and DSD
Holy shit, I love this. Dante is so fucking fun, he has so much cool shit. Between all this and Kalina Ann I finally love playing Dante, I love playing everybody. DMC5 did it bros.

Attached: DwE6bqdWwAYzE5c.jpg (631x658, 43K)

No, that's Virgil.
Dante would kick your ass if you tell him Slipknot sucks ass.

I've gotten a handjob once, does that count? I didn't even cum.

I wish Dante could ride on a rocket like Nero can with punchline

I fell in love with Dante's character from the very first cutscene of the first game. Here comes Trish bursting through Devil May Cry with a bike and shit and all he can say is "Woah, slow down babe"

Dante is an extremely depressed person whose parents had been killed, his only living relative was a psychotic, murderous brother, and his being an extremely rare mixed bloodline that makes him feel like an outcast to most. He veils his crippling depression with a "wacky woohoo pizza man" persona and a conviction to kill as many demons as possible which is ultimately an unfulfilling, easy job for him, amplifying his depression by the lack of any real thrills.
Over the years, his few positive outlets exist in the form of what can loosely be considered a very dysfunctional family. One third of them are two bitches. One third of them are his violent asshole brother and nephew. One third of them are two girls who really want to ride his dick.
He also eats pizza and strawberry sundaes when he's having a bad day.

The absurdity of it can't really be matched today. Im so desensitized to absurd and surreal humor. Not that its a bad thing, I love the comedy of our time. Its just that certain things don't have the same impact.