So if it is the power of humans' observance and understanding which allows the energy from Expanse manifes as "demons"...

So if it is the power of humans' observance and understanding which allows the energy from Expanse manifes as "demons" than that means demons' existence depends on people believing in them (or rather in concepts they embody). This in turn means that humans precede demons and Gods which makes sense. But why does then the game call YHVH the "creator" deity who is responsible for creation of the universe and humans. Wouldn't humans be required to exist first to manifest YHVH through their beliefs? The continuity kind of walks over itself here. Or was YHVH implied to be not the literary "creator" but rather in the vein of being the major force that influenced how civilization and human culture developed up to this point?
And yeah, SMT-thread, I guess.

Attached: smtiva.jpg (1920x1080, 840K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sQPDe1mU31s
youtu.be/7RiHmQcHa84
youtu.be/qDsDYCI3fyc
youtu.be/rG2ikOeXkyU
youtu.be/-7M_g_LJn3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

YHVH in smt is not the true god or creator, he just got the title after defeating the previous god (Bel, as seen in DeSu).
The Axiom is the only thing that matters, which spins the universe and everything in it.
So yes, YHVH was made "God" by humans believing in him.
I mean, in real life when did we discover about YHVH? After humans started writing about it. Even though before that point in time there was no proof about it existing, now he's regarded as God by hebrews.

I'm not a big pro on SMT canon, but I think the human understanding of demons is not required for them to manifest, but it shapes and limits them.
Also it's only a thing in Apocalypse I believe.

The Expanse has been a thing since the series inception.
People's beliefs make demons and gods manifest from the expanse.

>he just got the title after defeating the previous god (Bel, as seen in DeSu).
DeSu isn't mainline though.
>People's beliefs make demons and gods manifest from the expanse.
I thought it was MAG.

Rather when they (or rather just energy) pass from Expanse into our dimension the power of observance and understanding forces them into specific forms, shapes and limits them in their actions by their implied inherent nature.

The question was more about what does the title of "creator god" imply?

>tfw no godslayer bf

He purged and remade the humanity several times over by events of IV.
Although it's unclear if he literally erased and remade humanity from scratch, or if he just smote repopulate Earth again.

Had it been so how come he didn't do it again when it was clear the messiahs were after him?

He already did. The Armageddon. Only Tokyo survived in this timeline protected by Masakado.
Also, messiahs are fucking broken.

But he did so through conventional actions of other beings (Thorman/US firing nukes, angels kidnapping children into the Arc and then populating Mikado with them). That's not really the divine non-conventional power "to create". So again, what does the title of "creator god" imply? So far it seems like a pompous self-awarded calling that has zero substance behind it. But the game clearly wants us to read into it literally making YHVH the creator of universe and humanity as we know it. And we also know that it is wrong because Axiom/Great Will is what is behind it. Is it just a lie by YHVH then that he wants humanity to believe? Like, he wants to humanity to think and believe that it was due to his and only his powers that everything came into being overshadowing the truth behin Axiom.

>So far it seems like a pompous self-awarded calling that has zero substance behind it.
That's YHVH for you.

MAG keeps them in this world. What brings them is _____LUC

Attached: 1424836931859.jpg (640x480, 196K)

Gotcha. Got no other questions then.
SMTV can't come out soon enough dammit. My only wish is more of SMTIV story veins, SMTIVA QoL and mechanics improvements, less Persona bullshit

I can't wait to play it. I wanna punch gods, demons and everything in-between. I just hope it doesn't go the whole friendship route of SMTIVA.

Exactly my wishes here. Or at least there's a sensible non-edgy cop out of friendship and waifuism this time. I'd be down for that too.

SMT takes influence from Gnosticism, which basically states that the Abrahamic god is a delusional imposter ("Demiurge") who keeps humanity trapped in the physical realm as a function of its own ego. There's a lot more to it than that but that basic concept mixed with Buddhist rhetoric is the foundation for YHVH's depiction in SMT.

Attached: 6e6UFLc.png (1400x2700, 584K)

Yeah, I got that part. I was more puzzled about what came first humans or YHVH. And as it turned out humans came first and the idea that they were created by YHVH was a ruse implied by him.

Magnetite is just the fuel that demons need to survive in the normal world

Apparently that idea was dropped later for gameplay reasons. Good riddance.

This is all I want.
Personally I want them to bring back some Nocturne-SMT IV-Strange Journey music became Don’t Fix what ain’t broke
youtu.be/sQPDe1mU31s
youtu.be/7RiHmQcHa84
youtu.be/qDsDYCI3fyc
youtu.be/rG2ikOeXkyU
youtu.be/-7M_g_LJn3Q

Having only finished IV and IVA I'm currently playing through SJ. Nocturne's next on the list. Though SJ's pretty damn aggravating with those dungeon designs. I'm in Sector Carina right now and though I like the premise and overall narrative tones but having to traverse dungeons back and forth with no clear destination is really nauseating. Should I endure through it or just go for Nocturne?

This has probably already been answered, but YHVH is the "creator god" because he claims to be. It isn't some special power he has, he's just claiming to be the most important being there is. After all, his power comes from humans' belief in him, so by claiming such importance he actually makes himself stronger as long as people believe it.