Now that devil may cry 5 is out almost everyone loves it/considers it the best in the series...

Now that devil may cry 5 is out almost everyone loves it/considers it the best in the series, what should Bayo 3 do to stand up to DMC? People will compare it to DMC 5 no matter what.

Attached: Bayonetta-3-Nintendo-Switch-release-date-trailer-and-more-E2-2018-game-news-updates-681384.jpg (620x413, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/iggiYXXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Witch time should not be the only way to do damage in some fights

Nude mods as an unlockable costume

give her not retarded proportions or posture

Probably doesn't have to do much since more people regard Bayo2 higher than DMC5. Reviewers will love it more instantly since they'll be able to dodge.

Just play on PC

>more people regard Bayo2 higher than DMC5
Where, exactly, did you obtain such information

Attached: 1517688118781.gif (320x240, 731K)

Bayo 2 was a pretty big step back, despite the improvements to the QTEs. I'd say DMC5 runs circles around it.

I hope Kamiya is directing Bayo 3. With the Bayo 2 director out of the company, there's hope. I'm more concerned that Platinum has stretched itself thin with all their projects though... I don't see Bayo 3 until 2021.

Just finished it. Honestly, this game wins in so many departments it's hard to keep up with that.

How the fuck do you make something on par with a reboot of a rebooted reboot that is actually a continuation that even made the least canon material part of it. I don't even care that Morrison is a black guy now; it plays the same. Even dickthirsty patty made an appearance lol.

All in all, after DMC: Devil May Cry most people even fans regarded it a dead series. You can't beat redemption no matter how hard you try, some shit just isn't able to be faked.

I hope they make combos a little harder to execute. As it stands it feels like there's only 4 you actually use and the rest are from button mashing.
Fuck off.

Honestly, I have a hard time answering that. Devil May Cry made me remember things I love about the genre. New ways to play, returning characters I love, weapons with really unique mechanics, boss fights I will remember and die to until I really truly learn.

Bayonetta has so little of that and I think that is a problem. Witch time and Wicked Weaves are no longer exciting features. The alternative characters need to become playable outside of the lame multiplayer mode, that multiplayer mode needs to be just a challenge section you can do singleplayer, weapons need more unique functionality to them, Bosses need to stop being just giant faces I throw attacks in the general vicinity of while keeping my finger on the one size fits all dodge button any time something that looks like an attack starts happening.

It'll be hard to beat DMCV in most people's mind. In my mind, I always preferred DMC over Bayonetta and DMCV reminded me why. Yeah sure not everything in DMC comes naturally, but everything just comes together. It has no need for QTEs or silly gimmicks or fucking motorcycle or star fox sections. It's just pure ass action bliss.

Now where's my fucking Ninja Gaiden revival?

Unique looking bosses. Inferno bosses and Paradiso bosses almost look too alike that it blends together. Give them abit of personality. I always found Baldr and Jeanne as really mediocre rival characters. I hope there's a new rival that can match Vergil. Vergil is pretty autistic but every fight feels exciting. Also, Something that pushes Bayonetta to her limit. The best action video game stories always has somebody pushed to their limit. Urizen might feel like a cop out but he became really intimidating for a bit even when Dante was smacking him around because Dante got destroyed before. Bayonetta almost always feel in control. They have around that even if Bayonetta herself was conceptually supposed to be always in control. I'm exciting to say the least.

people will shitpost about bayo 3 no matter its quality because it's a switch exclusive

if it has good metacritic scores it'll be because of the nintendo bonus, if it's below 90 it'll be nonstop OH NO NO NO threads, if it sells anything other than 10 million copies it'll be used as proof it's wasted on switch

you know it's true

I don't think Bayo 3 can compete. Even if they added new playable characters, Platinum games have begun to feel too samey, and they aren't going to double back to the overall design of Bayonetta 1 after 2 was praised over the first in every regard despite being an inferior game.

>It's just pure ass action bliss.
But is it? Ever since Itsuno took over the games feel more like a fighting games for those who aren't good at fighting games, for better and worse. Combo variety opened up gameplay a lot, but on the flip side now you have the same kind of people who would do nothing but sit in a fighting game training room doing combos with no intention of trying them online, but now that's the whole game to them.

DMC, Bayonetta, VJ, Okami, and W101 all feel pretty fresh from eachother despite everyone complaining about "gimmick" sections. They certainly aren't pure action, but it gives them flavor on top of their excellent combat mechanics. Bayonetta 2 and VJ2 on the other hand just look at their predecessor and say "ok lets just put in that gimmick again", leading to the stale, rehashed feeling. Even God Hand was plenty gimmicky despite being one of the best action games out there.

Pure action would be Ninja Gaiden, but playing that game efficiently isn't as aesthetically pleasing as playing DMC. Action games are in this weird spot where creativity is needed, but also isn't encouraged because what most people want is DMC clones, but then would rather play DMC instead while also discouraging anything that isn't trying to emulate DMC.

Attached: 1431841310202.gif (422x409, 1.87M)

I think you're crazy. The whole point behind QTEs is that they let you interact with cool ass cutscenes. DMC has always broken up gameplay with the most boring pauses when cutscenes pop up showing you invisible walls or whatever.

The overall design of Bayo is just weaker than DMC's best offerings. Cutscenes that launch you into gameplay segments (often resulting in death), busy and chaotic boss fights where you can't tell what the fuck is going on, Witch Time being so OP that it becomes the solution to everything, and general lack of visual clarity. Also, while DMC's story is not the best, it's at least not a plothole clusterfuck.

Platinum can't help it when their popularity skyrocketed thanks to certain titles and have hit the big boy scene. Also that one game they already finished up their part and cygames is taking over for them, so now it's just bayo 3, that other switch game, and some other shit I don't remember.

>motorcycle or star fox sections.

Those are fun to throw in an action game, though. Reminds me of PS1/PS2 games where there would be a lot of genre-hopping to keep things fresh. A motorbike Dante stage for DMC5 would have been entertaining.

Well I love fighting games so maybe that's why I love it. NG and DMC are my favorite action franchises, while Platinum takes the silver trophy in my heart.

I'd rather just have the cutscene than a QTE. I also prefer Ninja Gaiden and DMC to Bayonetta, MGR and W101.

they're fun in moderation

I thought bayo 2 did a much better job than the first one in focusing on the core gameplay, it's kamiya that goes overboard with them, it completely ruined tw101 for me

I get that and especially now it's going to be harder to shake the dust off the genre stereotypes with this to compete with.

That being said, for a long time BECAUSE of the Devil May Cry series. Hack and Slashes started to get really generic, hell it's half the reason we got the mediocre reboot. After all the DMC clones came out, I guess they had to break their own mold.

I see it this way, God of War etc all started to become very DMC. So DMC had to ascend even further but that doesn't mean that we have to make carbon copies. Just gotta keep pushing that bar higher.

Attached: Officer Majima.gif (427x240, 2.97M)

I just don't find them fun. If they were as polished as StarFox 64 or an actual racing game than maybe I wouldn't mind. But I also prefer R&C Up Your Arsenal to Going Command for this same reason. If your gimmick section just isn't as fun as your core gameplay than I'd rather just be doing the core gameplay. If I want another genre, I'll just stop playing the action game and go play a racing game.

Bayonetta is better imo. Being able to dodge is why the game can throw clusterfucks at you. DMC is usually boring as hell because nothing is going on.

So would I but saying DMC is pure action is complete bullshit. 5 ditched all the puzzles but even replaying that game is cancer because of all the cuts between gameplay, and most gameplay sections are just dry.

>Bayo competing with Dante
>Blocks your path

Attached: Ryu_Hayabusa.jpg (1000x800, 87K)

Improve on Bayonetta 2's flaws. I like DMC5 but it really makes me miss Bayonetta.

Yeah I disagree completely. But I guess that's what's cool about this genre, there's something for everyone.

Attached: 1335026863808.jpg (520x599, 70K)

You can't disagree with me on that though it's the truth.

Based

I absolutely love that the cutscenes almost always throw you into the action. It makes them pretty seamless from the gameplay. At first I was frustrated but after multiple playthroughs it grew on me. The whole design of Bayonetta keeps you on your toes. Bosses could be done better but the only fight that's difficult to keep track of is Fortuna. Witch Time is only busted in 2, playing 1 while ascending through difficulties teaches you not to rely on it, because you don't have it in NSIC.
Also for DMC, while the action is usually top of the line, everything else kind of gets ditched. Platforming/puzzles/exploration can be done well, the problem before was that jumping puzzles were a huge pain because of the fixed camera and almost complete lack of horizontal movement jumping in DMC has always had. Now though, with the new camera, they're not in the game at all. DMC has pretty much shed any traces of it's origin at this point, though if the alternative was half-assed open levels and puzzles for the sake of it, I'm glad they decided to focus on their forte instead. I can only hope for 6 that they marry the gameplay on top of exploration and open-level design the series once had.

I think bosses is definitely the weakest aspect, which is a shame because they should be the stars of the show. I look at say this electrified knight. Walks around, has projectiles, a teleport slash, and goes on a series of combination attacks when electrified but can be deflected with good timing. Attacks it does and especially being deflected drain it's electric and it has to go recharge or it'll be down to swinging it's sword once and be really easily wailed on.

That's a very simple set of mechanics for a boss but I remember it infinitely more than I do any Bayonetta boss which always just feels like a series of lasers. The fact that the masked lumen teleported around was completely incidental when the whole cutscene tried to set that up as his thing that should've been interesting.

Attached: punching.webm (853x480, 2.8M)

come back when your series isn't dead, Ryu

Attached: 1341575313491.png (400x400, 55K)

>because you don't have it in NSIC.
This was awesome. Taking it away from you was actually really brutal.

I fucking hate when people whine about Nier/Bayo dodging because the game is built around them, they're hard as FUCK without those mechanics.

It wouldn't surprise me if DMC6 was a movie game like GoW.

Multiplat it
Re-release Bayo for the PS5/Xbox Two or smthing

I dont think they can, not that i dont like the series, i actually prefer it to DMC, but it lacks 3 things.

>context
DMCV is a redemption song, any good things that it does get even more praise than it would thanks to the bad taste of DmC, while Bayo is coming out of Bayo2, which was just as good as 1, but a little staler since it didnt felt like it upped the scales or the mechanics didnt evolve, 3 now has fa more pressure to both innovate and impress.
>vision
DMCV is Itsuno's baby, while Kamiya left Bayo2 to another person, and now Bayo3 is either him or someone else, either way, i dont feel like he has the same love that Itsuno has fo his series as much as it was just another project that happened to put them on the map, Kamiya's changes baby constantly and his last one got gutted.
>Money
While nintendo is basically their support company, Platinum probably doesnt have the resources (time and manpower) that Capcom gave to DMCV (for how fucking long was this project made? Not to mention that sweet new RE engine)

Bayo literally doesnt have how to compete, at best it will be considered "close, but no ciggar" and at worst it will be a fucking humiliation.

I doubt it. DMC5 was far more cinematic than any prior game but it still kept everything fans knew and loved in it. It can be anything they want. Nero-focused, brand new characters, origin story about Sparda. God of War had to go another direction because it kept regressing after 2. Too many handheld rehashes, 3 changing every weapon to a chain except for the cestus, and then the garbage fire that was ascension. The new God of War tried to keep some of the old stuff, but veers more into the type of gameplay inspired by Dark Souls. Barlog was always a huge fan of DMC, though, and it showed a lot of 2. Hopefully if PS5 has decent specs they wont have to shrink the FOV again.

Attached: 1534792139910.png (345x325, 164K)

>DMCV is Itsuno's baby
Stop sucking this guy's dick, DMCV is a pile of shitty ideas coupled with rehashed gameplay. It's not a "baby".

Why does it have to be a competition anyways? I'm going to buy both and enjoy both. Why are you fucks always trying to start shit for no reason?

Attached: 1351497014540.jpg (110x110, 4K)

I think DMC5 has flaws with level design but the fact that you fight a boss, that are at least entertaining, for every single missions sorta saves the feeling of just mindlessly going through battle rooms.

>DMC5 was far more cinematic than any prior game but it still kept everything fans knew and loved in it.
Get your hot nonsense out of here man.

After the hype for DMC5 wears down, I think people will start to nitpick its shortcomings. I think if Bayonetta 3 has better gameplay than DMC5, it'll come out ahead even if it doesn't sell too well.

Because we want both to improve. Competition breeds innovation. I'm a fan of both and I think they can both learn from each other. DMC always felt like it was holding back with enemy design just to tittilate the player with easy juggles and Bayonetta always had problems with injecting personality to bosses.

Oh please. Y'all are just trying to get the shitposting nonsense started. Don't pretend like this thread (and the daily ones hereafter) isn't literal bait.

Attached: 1296783722156.jpg (500x500, 40K)

I wish I was shitposting. I wanna see some improvement. There are probably some that are shitposting but not me. I'm even going to buy a switch to play Bayonetta 3 and Astral Chains if it turns out to be good.

Lots of costumes
Nipples
Post game Nintendo crossover fights
Bring back shotguns
Mech sections where you fight massive hordes of smaller enemies instead of a few larger ones.

Yea Forums makes everything a competition for shitposting purposes.

I mean honestly, it wasn't the most innovative and there were only a few puzzles but it made it seamless. There's very little sense of transition even though it's happening all the time.

Granted, more platforming overall and thinking puzzles but the platforming I saw. Pretty fucking based aesthetically which for me makes a huge difference: It's not a puzzle if I can see everything that moves before I start it (DMC: Devil may cry for example) if that makes sense?

Think of it like an old cartoon. Remember that really shittily drawn rock on that painted background? It's the same thing.

>maybe some more flying secti-
Fired
>how about a few more of those underwat-
Double fired
>kamiya wants more gimm-
Fire him too

Witch time is a crutch that is meant to be op in the first game, that's why it's removed on the hardest difficulty setting.

I meant to DMC as a whole honestly, even if Kamiya started it, Itsuno made it what it is today, and it is his life greatest achievement, so its not a literal baby you autist, but V is a project he holds dear and want it to "exceed expectations", while Kamiya idnt even bother directing 2.

Well of course people will "nitpick", good stuff gets a more critical look while bad stuff gets a brander look as time moves on, since the scene will have changed and we can judge in a more impartial way.
> I think if Bayonetta 3 has better gameplay than DMC5
Bayo and DMC are different beasts, and DMC fans have already explained it why, so even if by some magical measurement it had "better gameplay, DMC fans would prefer DMCV, while Bayo fans will prefer bayo3 (unless Platinum shits the bed hard). The only ones who will have a more flexible opinion on it are fresh newfags to action games who will judge it which they like best.

More underwater would be nice if they give the serpent some guns.

ESL

Also let us circle around smaller angels and crush them.

>so even if by some magical measurement it had "better gameplay, DMC fans would prefer DMCV, while Bayo fans will prefer bayo3
I don't think Yea Forums understands this concept.

Attached: 1352595901634.jpg (420x377, 45K)

Full penetration

I don't agree with the money and time part. Urizen 3 feels likes repurposed Balrog fight. His design and new moves feel too similar to how I would've viewed Balrog. It's ridiculous how lenient his Beowulfesque move hitboxes are. Itsuno also said in an interview that they had to do alot of overtime and even called DMC5 a development hell during the release date party. Capcom is a company and they always stick to a date and time.

>bayo 3 released.
>ninfags praise it, say it is true game unlike DMCV
>some people point out to a obvious game flaws
>YOU JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PLAY IT!

is user really wrong though?
>longer/more cutscenes
>running on capcom's hyperrealistic engine used for MH and RE that uses face capture, since it's well known that normalfags only play shit that looks "realistic"
>kept everything that made it devil may cry at its core

Attached: nero ugly engie dance.gif (480x270, 1.64M)

>Bayo and DMC are different beasts
But there is a lot of overlap. Shitposting will be intense depending on which one is funner.

>DMCVfag already salty about Bayonetta 3

MH still uses the latest version of MT.

I wish I could

Pretty sure it wasn't any more cinematic than the other games and yet the style of the cutscenes was garbage compared to the other games. Since when did DMC fans like characters who smoke and curse?

>Use ball buster

Attached: wp1859754.jpg (1600x1200, 135K)

I don't like them but Nico is pretty harmless and has a charm to her. I don't like swearing and I want them patched out.

Damn, is it that bad? Where did i fuck up?

All games have to make cuts in some places, DMCV is no exception, but in comparison, Platinum has far less resources than Capcom does.

They do understand, but ultimately that preference HAS to come out of somewhere (A product offers something B doesnt or does it "poorly") so fans will explain why they prefer their action game by shitting out on another, and this is how flamewars begin. Look at this thread, a lot of DMC fans already shitted on Bayo plenty (not on ill intent of course, but simply to explain why they prefer DMC over it).

Well, there will be shitposting regardless, one of the things for sure will happen will be artstyle. Platinum doesnt have the money for fancy actor scanning bullshit and will keep their semi-realistic style, which i very much prefer over DMC's new looks (prepare for those trish/lady and bayo/jeanne comparison mspaint pics).

Nico was one of the reasons the story is so shitty though.

A unique moveset for each weapon instead of the majority just being the same punchkicks as her pistols.

How did she affect the story? She just makes Nero's devil breakers and that's it. She teleports around and gives you new arms. Nothing about her even affected the plot other than Nero being confident fot a rematch.

Nico is great, fuck you dude. Only Dante is the straight edge dude.

She was in it. Almost every cutscene has Nico in it making me cringe.

I can't even imagine what kind of a sperg you are in real life to think she's great.

She's just as ridiculous as Agnus, which I didn't mind. To each their own.

Not as big a sperg as you who has the mentality of a sheltered 18 year old girl working an internship at Disney who cries that her peers are "ruining the magic" by drinking

Attached: 1526269136505.gif (300x300, 172K)

Nico was pretty much necessary.
Everyone but Dante is too serious.

Agnus was a terrible character and Nico is far worse than he was. She completely ruins any potential the story had.

>instead of doing crazy shit
>Nero is driving around in a van with an annoying skank and characters Itsuno has now deemed useless
Cool tale.

Nico wasn't necessary and her character isn't releif, it's cringe incarnate.

>Since when did DMC fans like characters who smoke and curse?
The game makes a joke of it, and every character near Nico when she smokes is very dismissive/disgusted about it. Nico smoking and all of her tattoos are a visual trait of her character, typical signs of someone with family issues (literally one of the primary themes of the entire series since the beginning) lashing out, being rebellious, various coping mechanisms. They aren't presented as "cool" in any way. But beyond those standoffish facades and smoke, Nico is still a likable dork and Dante fangirl.

Even though he's wacky woohoo pizza man with broken family and the most dysfunctional brother ever, Dante is ultimately the most well-adjusted character among the main cast, or at least he is able to manage his depression more effectively than others. For example, Lady is documented to be equally depressed and hitting the bottle often due to the shit with Arkham. Trish and Lucia both have reservations about how the two of them are ultimately just manufactured puppets, possessions of a creator who only used them as tools.
Dante's cursing is kept to a minimum, and never is it directed at anyone, usually only when he's alone and something is being a pain in the ass during an event that for the first time in a long time has actually challenged him.

Nero as an orphan was always designed as a rude, foul mouthed punk. His frustrations are getting bigger throughout the course of DMC5, and his cursing is thematically relevant at points where he is rightfully pissed. His "FUCK YOU" at the end was perfectly delivered, direct hostility to his dad who has been the cause of a ton of grief and refuses to recognize his son.

Attached: 601150_20190308015520_1.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

>Now that devil may cry 5 is out almost everyone loves it/considers it the best in the series
Metacritic
>Devil May Cry (2001) - 94
>Devil May Cry 2 (2003) - 68
>Devil May Cry 3 (2005) - 84
>Devil May Cry 4 (2008) - 84
>DmC: Devil May Cry (2013) - 86
>Devil May Cry V (2019) - 87-90
It's clear DMC1 is still considered the best
>Bayonetta (2010) - 87-90
>Bayonetta 2 (2014) - 91-92
I could see the press reject the next Bayo game

Did you miss Dante's speeches when fighting Urizen and all the trashtalk? Dante was serious until Nero arrived.

What crazy shit does Nico replace? She's a divinity statue. She doesn't take over anything.

Eh only if the sexualization is on high (which the series is known for having).

Not that what the press thinks matters on character action games as they all trashed TW101 despite it being a solid character action game that actually takes the formula and gets creative with it.

>Eh only if the sexualization is on high
The reveal trailer has Bayo "die" so it may be blasted for being anti women or something
>they all trashed TW101 despite it being a solid character action game
Poor Kamiya

The reason why DMC bosses are so memorable compared to Bayonetta bosses is DMC bosses all force you, as the player, to come up with a unique strategy to fight them compared to the standard enemies you've been fighting, as they all do something differently that you're not used to. Doing that in DMC5 is impressive as fuck considering there's a boss at nearly the end of every level.

Time manipulation, requiring you to dodge before attacking, flying away from you and providing orbs to lasso over, etc.

Meanwhile Bayonetta's bosses are just giant "Cinematic" setpieces that sort of just play themselves.

Bosses in Bayo are made to look impressive, but bosses in DMC are a test of skill and adaptation.

Attached: 1487437107889.jpg (559x478, 68K)

I don't think it will be able to compete with DMC5.
First of all, DMC5 is a Capcom game, and that finally means something again. The game looks like a lot of cash and effort went into it, and Bayo would not look nearly as pretty because we're talking about Platinum here. The only pretty thing they've made in recent memory was 2B (not to mention how much Switch's hardware will restrict them from going all out).
Second, Bayonetta is a much simpler game. It descended from DMC1, a game where style didn't really matter - Kamiya's idea of "looking cool" was destroying everything without getting hit, and that's how DMC1 and Bayonetta work. The idea of incentivizing player to be as varied and stylish as possible was created by Itsuno, and that was a vastly superior concept. DMC5 refined that concept, and if Bayo wants to keep up, Kamiya needs to either come up with something new (and good) or borrow ideas from Itsuno.
And for the love of God, add some fucking content. Bayo 2 was embarrassingly short even when compared to the first game.

Attached: devilmaycry_2558013b.jpg (3840x2160, 2.5M)

That's not entirely true. Bayonetta also tests your skill but it's just that dodging into Witch Time is almost always the answer. DMC also suffers from bosses being to samey sometimes. It's just that they keep it varied enough so it doesn't become obvious.

the fact that so many reviewers love Bayo 2 proves that it's a shitty sequel. Call me a Kamiya fanboy but if he's not directing 3 I'm not even going to pirate it

Buddy did you even play the game? Nico has a massive presence, you see her more than you see "cuhrazy" cutscenes. She was a HUGE drain on the potential the story could have had.

tldr but I'm guessing you're a cunt.

be it's own thing and have more ways to deal strong damage, or make witch time harder to pull off.

>8/10 and not one single negative review by anyone
>W101 was trashed!!!
I’ll never understand where this mentality came from. You people make it sound like the TMNT game.

Did you play the game? Her crazy antics is limited to entering out of nowhere with her van and making side comments about getting devil parts. If you don't call her, She only appears for the opening and when you beat Mission 2,3,6,7,13,18. That's not even half. That's just 8 missions.

Yeah I've read and heard nothing but good about TW101, wish I had picked it up

>only
>If you don't call her
>>only
Now imagine if something actually cool happened in those dozen cutscenes.

Attached: 1552347119607.jpg (1318x976, 514K)

Nobody who prefers DMC over Bayonetta is going to be convinced of anything Bayonetta does simply because the general premise of the gameplay is already radically different.

The things that make DMC good and the things that make Bayonetta good are just very different.

So no argument huh?

Then tell me? What can happen if Nero suddenly decides to call a phone? There's literally nothing else. It's not like Nico's cutscenes are that long when you call her anyway.

Every Bayo game is already better than any DMC game by virtua of having a good dodge mechanic. Unless Bayo3 fucks Witch Time up, it'll be better than DMCV.

Attached: 54b5e2023a0b31456da5ad523cebb41f.jpg (1920x1080, 799K)

>implying it's a competition
Fuck off, nigger.

DMC5 gets a large boost thanks to the series being dead after having shat the bed, even 4 was lackluster, DMC5 is everything fans wanted, even if it's only incrementally better and more polished, Bayonetta 3 starts off on a low note from Bayonetta 2, but Bayonetta's core gameplay is just more polished and smoother than Devil May Cry while still maintain a similar high skill ceiling.

That said I don't think Bayonetta 3 can compete, it isn't going to have a second character with unique abilities which is something it definitely needs at this point, it isn't going to add new inventive systems to the game either, or it will add them and poorly balance them like Umbran Climax, The game won't have an overtime chapter, which is something that should have been a staple to Bayonetta games but for some reason just wasn't, and the games won't see any boost in visual quality, or even stability, which is something it could definitely use. On top of all this DMC5 already stole Bayonetta 3's thunder, the main thing that the game is touting this time is that the main enemy is so stupidly power that he literally reversed the Bayonetta teaser and beat the shit out of Bayonetta and then destroyed her, but DMC5 already had that with the main enemy beating the shit out of the series 2 protagonists without even moving, and then destroyed Dante while he was in Devil Trigger mode.

There is no path to topping DMC5 for Bayonetta 3, it's plain and simple, I'm probably going to enjoy it though, although holy fuck overtime should have been a series standard, it's one of the things that Bayonetta 2 sorely needed.

What competition? Bayonetta 3 has been in development since before DMC5 came out.

>dante and nero are the same character
I have barely played the series and it's evident that these two characters are completely different.

At the very least they could have characterized Lady and Trish. Or better yet there wouldn't be phones or a van at all, only cuhrazy.

It's comparing directly comparable scenes in the game. Protagonist vs protagonist, climactic boss vs climactic boss, main support character vs main support character.

>considers it the best in the series

Stop talking out of your ass.

Comparing releases that would definitely be true, Bayonetta 1 and 2 are easily better than DMC 1 and 2, but Bayonetta 3 won't top DMC 3.

It wins because idiots prefer big boob mommy characters, and it only being on switch will bring in a lot of attention from crybabies who don't understand that goddamn Nintendo is paying for it and me because I'd like to play it on higher resolution with smooth fps, something that is questionable on switch.

>banter in the car at a random moment versus the final conclusion with lady are the same thing

3 was so kino bros...
But I know I'll never get something that good again. This era is too full of cringe and edge. I bet that boomer Itsuno was going "I bet the kids will love this stuff" the whole time making 5.

>Pure action would be Ninja Gaiden, but playing that game efficiently isn't as aesthetically pleasing as playing DMC

You need to fucking stop with this meme. Playing DMC efficiently isn't "aesthetic" either.

Attached: Aesthetics.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

>>banter in the car at a random moment
Nigger play the game. That moment is the very end of the game. It's completely comparable to the scene with Lady.

And I fucking hate him for it. The faggot didn't even try to make this story good despite saying it would be great. Fuck that nigger.

It's more aesthetic than NG though. You can't really make NG look cool, it's just raw bullet speed violence.

>comparing the lines of different protagonists when dante still has the same sorts of lines
>comparing
>comparing the musical themes of different characters at different parts of the game
>comparing a line from nico who is intentionally a silly talkative character
I hope a devil may cum in your anus.

>Nigger play the game. That moment is the very end of the game.
they are not having a serious moment when that happens, in 3 dante is mourning what he thinks is the death of his brother.

>Dante doesn't swear
>from those songs you can extrapolate the entire musical theme from both games and how it affects the feeling of the game, implying otherwise is disingenuous
>that line is completely and utterly comparable to Ladies.

>they are not having a serious moment when that happens
It's literally the epilogue. It's meant to completely mirror DMC3, making very clear how different the games are.

>It's meant to completely mirror DMC3
the tones of the endings are completely different. V ends on a happy note when 3 ends on a much more sad one. you're completely ignoring this to meet your shitposting needs.
keep on with your useless crusade though.

>the tones of the endings are completely different.
But what is happening is exactly the same. How is that not comparable? Don't try to deflect any more.

This

What the fuck is with all this retarded belittling in this thread like Bayonetta is some niche spin-off? It's been well established at this point that the series are neck-and-neck in terms of quality.

Attached: 1.jpg (500x417, 122K)

No one has even played Bayonetta 2 lol.

Spamming spiral shot and DT explosion is the least aesthetic thing in action games.

The only objective in NG is to not die and take as little damage as possible. Everything else is up to player skill and how you want to play, just like any other game. DMC players pay more attention to the style meter than the devs do.

Attached: Peak Miji.webm (900x506, 2.95M)

>it's meant to mirror 3's ending
In the sense that its parodying the bleak melodrama to highlight how happy everyone is in the present given the good ending, and that's completely overlooking the part where Nico has a genuine heart to heart with Nero for the first time in the game, and admits to accepting her fuckhead of a father even if it still hurts, and that he can do the same.

Attached: 1551596212012.png (1280x1476, 1.74M)

>But what is happening is exactly the same.
lol one person mourning the death of his brother, and sharing his grief with a woman who also has no family is the same as enjoying a ride with your friend after overcoming your insecurities/weaknesses and everyone actually coming together despite past grievances?
get fucked retard.

Attached: 1286539119534.jpg (1024x768, 226K)

Bayonetta 3 will sell a fragment of Devil May Cry 5, maybe less than 400k units like Bayonetta 2 managed, DMC5 is what already past 3 million units, to it's definitely a niche "spin-off". God of War is the true major IP of the genre, it's latest entry has outsold I think Devil May Cry and Bayonetta combined.

Mentally retarded people will think DMCV is better but I just finished it and honestly my god dod it piss me off again. Every single fucking DMC game, I give them a chance, they have some cool parts, but god dammit are they boring, are they repetitive, are they piss easy (but but that one retarded mode you can unlock), are they unrewarding and are they...clunky. Yes, clunky. The last game a character action game should be is clunky and those games feel clunky as fuck and it makes no sense since it comes from Capcom who have perfected the formula and gameplay with other games decades ago. The camera feels like fucking trash. Why? It's already perfect in fucking Monster Hunter. Why can't the Monster Hunter guys tell the DMC guys how to do a good camera? Why do we still have to dodge relative to the camera and how we're positioned instead of making the button inputs for dodging fixed like, again, Monster Hunter allows you to do it? Always quickly assessing where your small character on the screen is facing if you want to dodge left or right or forward just fucking sucks. It's horrible. Just make it so that we always dodge right when we tilt the stick right, no matter where the camera is. How is this so hard after almost fucking 20 years?

V gameplay was boring as fuck, level design basically non-existent, locations just a drought. That shitty tree makes up literally 60% of the game. I expected shit locations but they somehow subverted my expectations anyway.

>he's defending 5's story
Cringe.

The main support is talking about crying to the protagonist. Fucking brainlets I swear to god.

>exactly the same
>Dante thought he killed his fucking brother and that it's his fault he couldn't save his humanity
>Nero saved both his Dad and his Uncle while also shaking off the issues of his childhood past, all while Dante and Vergil are partying in the underworld like good brothers
I don't see how these are the same outside of them both being endings.

>hurr hurr muh sales
Come on. You guys are better than this.

Read above.

I didn't mention sales. I'm saying people talk about Bayonetta the way they do because they literally haven't played the second game and won't play the third.

>The main support is talking about crying to the protagonist.
and in one scene the protagonist is genuinely grieving while another is not.
>Fucking brainlets I swear to god.
pic related

Attached: Ironic.jpg (352x910, 43K)

I never implied that sales were relative to quality, although to be fair Bayonetta will never have a visual quality comparable to DMC5 unless Sega pulls the IP from Nintendo, just that in comparison yet Bayonetta is niche, the series aren't comparable in terms of audience size/relevance.

I mean, he's right.

I prefer Bayo's gameplay to DMC's anyway so all it has to do is its own thing.

>and in one scene the protagonist is genuinely grieving while another is not.
Which is completely irrelevant by the way. What point are you even trying to make? We've already established that the comparison is apt.

Attached: Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg (1024x683, 102K)

I like what Bayonetta 2 looks like way more than DMC5. Fuck that realism bullshit, the characters look like ass.

I need God Hand 2 now, Capcom.

How is context and tone irrelevant?

It isn't, it's being compared.

>Which is completely irrelevant by the way.
an autist trying to break down different emotional moments with loved ones. ok.
you would talk to your friends the same way after losing a loved one the same way you would after they just overcame a difficult moment in their life with no real loss?

The frachise IS wasted on the switch though.

The rendering tech behind DMC5 is far beyond Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta titles will never be able to compare, and no the realistic faces look fine, they don't even fall into the uncanny valley which itself is an achievement for the game.
I really just feel kind of bad since Bayonetta 3 will look just like Bayonetta 2 but with different environments and outfits.

Anime is cool, realism is generic. Nu-DMC characters look like ass and they are uncanny valley'd too.

We all want God Hand with multiple moves sets, but it just isn't going to happen.

Attached: 1521450068819.png (123x121, 28K)

So that's where you're wrong, and Bayonetta/old DMC isn't even really anime, it's that wierd ass japanese 3d semi real shit, which looks ass in and of itself, factor in the stale lighting and plastic skin, the games look like shit in general, if DMC or Bayonetta actually looked like their animes then you'd have a point, but they look nothing like them.

I don't

Shit taste.

DMCV is overrated as fuck, change my mind:

It's not like you'd know what taste is, the new characters are the single best live actor scans Capcom have done, and as adaptations for the characters they are portraying they are perfect.

Now you're just baiting.

>advertising for your thread in other threads
I have never seen something this pathetic.

Gameplay wise it's too rooted in platinum issues and in what Kamiya decided to take from God of war.
Character wise, it can't hold a candle sadly. DMC has all these iconic characters that people actually feel for, whilst people do feel and like the bayo characters I feel it's to a much lower degree

Literally just bring back B1's combat. I'm still astounded Bayonetta 2 tried replacing it when it worked perfectly fine.

And you're just stupid.

Good one but I'm more intelligent than you.

Unless I'm missing something they've only got five projects on right now, Astral Chains, Babylon's Fall, Bayo 3, and two indy IPs they're working on. Babylon's Fall is a co-production with Squenix so less intensive, Astral Chains doesn't seem to be a project requiring a huge team, and they've said both of the indy IPs are being done by small teams of 20 or so people. I'd bet money Kamiya is heading one of those projects rather than Bayo 3 (though he'd still be involved in his role as chief designer), so right now I'm hopeful they'll have Kenji Saito directing it with most of Team Little Angels (minus whoever Kam took for the new project). He did fantastic with Metal Gear Rising and Transformers: Devastation while having worked on both Bayos as well, and I think with a proper team and budget he could restore it to 1s glory.

>Ever since Itsuno took over the games feel more like a fighting games for those who aren't good at fighting games, for better and worse
Talking out of your ass, I'm better at fighting games than I am at DMC. Positioning, wrangling the camera, and using a controller as opposed to a stick make it harder to do top-level stuff.

You say that as if shitposters don't do that to every single popular game ever.

Sorry, but there isn't a single thing in DMC5 that is better than in bayonetta 1 or 2 other than the graphics of course. Bayonetta is miles ahead of DMC.

>what should Bayo 3 do to stand up to DMC?
Nothing as it will still be better and get better reviews

>Platinum and their QTEs

Attached: begone skeleton.jpg (500x773, 280K)

A lot of pros use controllers.

I think the question people should be asking isn’t “can they make Bayo3 as good as 1”, but rather will they. Bayo 2 was extremely well received and seen as an improvement by the majority who play these games once and then never touch them again.
To them Umbran Climax was a cool, flashy thing and not some poorly balanced “I win button”

>that last section where you control two ships with the right and left analogs
what the flying fuck was that bald cuck thinking

How?

>capcom and their lack of ambition

Attached: 1544823688612.jpg (344x344, 39K)

>implying anything platinum has made since anarchy reigns has been ambitious

>Platinum
>ambition

That's what someone with a low IQ would say.

more ambitious than anything Capcom did in terms of game design at least. They're stuck in the early 2000s

No they won't compare it because nobody takes nintendo games seriously

Stop trying to pit Bayochads against DMChads. They're completely different styles

80s anime cyberpunk police with stands looks pretty ambitious for a game.

>I can only exist on novelty: The Post
>DMCV
Ignore anyone who types this

>They're stuck in the early 2000s
>capcom
What? it is platinum games who stuck in old ages.

not really.
You'd have a point if you were trying to compare NG with those

are you looking at graphics or gameplay?

Both.

The fact dodging is an integral part of Bayo compared to DMC changes up the style of gameplay completely, even though they're the same genre. I'm certain the overlap between Bayochads and DMChads is about %100 though, so this needless feuding some autist is forcing is useless

Just from that trailer you can tell it has the same feeling combat as nearly every other platinum game.
It certainly isn’t bad combat but it is a little stale

>80s anime cyberpunk police with stands looks pretty ambitious for a game.
How anime waifu shit AMBITIOUS for a game.
It is most safe and predictable thing.

Remove QTE
They break the flow

Just play both and you would know.

The game is more than just combat, the detective element looks interesting, and we haven't even seen what's in door for the combat, hopefully no witch time crutch like all their other games. It's not like there are many games with this style, the last I rember is Snatcher.

>waifu shit
Now you're just baiting

My IQ is 140.

That's what someone with a low IQ would say.

Thing is they could easily have both, most of Bayo 2's improvements can be maintained while still restoring the combat of 1, pretty much all of 2's problems exist on the higher levels and not the lower levels. Like you say it's the people who play one-and-done who see it as a blanket improvement, so balance normal around their weaknesses and sensibilities then balance the higher difficulties around solid combat. The reason DMC5 exists at all is because the fanbase kept it going and part of that is the community still playing the games over ten years later and doing completely new shit with them, the lesson other devs should learn is that the combat depth almost alone is what kept the fanbase alive which is what led to its revival, and it's possible to have a casual experience for the masses while still getting longevity from the autist hordes at the same time.

Ignore anyone who says "waifu shit"

>just baiting
>80s cyberpunk anime
Or maybe it is you.
It is typical waifu animu shit with animu robots and other boring stuff. Not a single interesting design in it.

>it is not ANIMU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ok m8

Attached: NSwitch_AstralChain_13.jpg (1920x1080, 742K)

Okay.

DMC FAGS GETTING BTFO HOLY SHIT

Actually they are. If you try and play Bayo on NSIC the same way you'd play DMC on DMD (and vice-versa) you're going to have a horrible time and die a lot.

Post just one good Bayo webm.

This is the mind of the average Yea Forums user. Suck Platinum's mediocre dick and then throw out a bunch of meme buzzwords defending their work as high art.

Bayofags already shat all over 3 when Bayo1/2 came out. Nincels will defend their garbage at all cost.

>Where, exactly, did you obtain such information
I assume he obtained it at the same place as OP's
>almost everyone loves it/considers it the best in the series
Meaning, their respective asses.

I think the story should avoid having time travel as a plot point again.

DMCV FAGS BTFO AGAIN HOLY SHIT

WOW

Current state of nindrones.

>play Bayonetta
>dodge
>win the battle
>repeat
>occasionally mash to complete a qte
Fun game huh.

It needs better graphics.

It's a switch exclusive so that's not gonna happen.

Depends on resolution.
How low they ready go, 500p, 400p, 320p?

switch version is 720 and pretty smooth

Try jumping to dodge. Your first jump has invincibility frames and acts much better as a dedicated dodge button.

Ninja Gaiden Black is the quintessential action game but too bad the series went consistently downhill after it (although I suppose Razor's Edge was somewhat of an improvement over 3).

honestly if DMC had more challenging normal enemies with aggressive AI, 5 would easily top the chart

One thing and one thing only: Lumen/Umbran dual arts.
Behold my autism: pastebin.com/iggiYXXw

Attached: Dual color Bayo.jpg (1680x1050, 737K)

>muh Black
>muh Black
>muh Black
>muh Black

Attached: Literally.jpg (1024x579, 63K)

Keep doing what it does. Other than the gameplay, the things I really enjoyed about the first Bayonetta were the characters and the over the top spectacle of it all. 2 failed to deliver on the characters, and the spectacle kind of peaked in the first mission, so if they remedy those things in 3 I'm probably gonna like it more than DMC5