What's the best modern vidya pinball? I am having some electromechanical nostalgia and I need a fix...

What's the best modern vidya pinball? I am having some electromechanical nostalgia and I need a fix. All the arcades are gone. Bonus points if it supports portrait-mode screens.

Attached: hero2_large.jpg (3312x3168, 719K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=us-rF2iOQvg
youtube.com/watch?v=QQPGtzmStq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Pinball Arcade had a bunch of licensed tables but it lost a whole bunch of licenses recently.

Pinball FX3 picked up Williams tables that Pinball Arcade used to have, and their versions are pretty slick and have more life-accurate physics than their original tables (which can still be fun, but it's a lot more "video-gamey" if you catch me)

I think that'll start you fairly well.

As far as Williams stuff goes, the Collection on PS3 is pretty good but it makes you unlock some tables.

How is PinMAME? Is it worth the fuss of setting up or is it outclassed by all the commercial offerings?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

FX3 also has Star Wars tables that don't have any Disney taint on them. That might be worth taking into consideration if you love Star Wars.

haven't tried it

It's home made garbage surrounded by terrible internet nerds , you know the forum drama kind , and "devs" that are as stupid and awful as the rest of the forum , but yeah it's not going to be as polished as Zen. You do have a phone don't you ? Then Zen and pinball arcade are your only choices.

An actual pinball machine - Soul
Video pinball - Soulless

just make an underground warehouse of pinball machines

I love Pinball FX3
I only have Stern Pinball Arcade to compare, but it seem too outdated

And it looks like there is a new Williams pack out next week
Theatre of Magic, The Champion Pub, and Safe Cracker

youtube.com/watch?v=us-rF2iOQvg

Real pinball is a true joy but unfortunately the machines are extremely expensive and require regular maintenance, which is also expensive.

Video pinball may not have the same appeal as real electromechanical machines but it at least has insured that the genre isn't going to disappear when the last arcade hall has closed down and all the machines out there are owned by collectors.

The Bethesda pack for FX3 is only $5 on steam this week, so that's a start I guess.

I actually like DOOM and Fallout 4 boards.
Really haven't played Skyrim as I'd rather play the game first

I AM THE

BLACK

KNIGHT

PSCHOWWW NANANANANAA NANANANAAAAAA AAAAHHHH OHHHHHH HOOOOO OOOOOO

BAHH BAHH BAHHHHH

BUHH BUHH BAUUUHHHH

WEEEEIIWWW WEWEWEOOOO MENELENEEEWWWW WIDDLEDEEDLEDEEDLE

DADADADADAD DI DI DI DID DIDID
DADADADADA DID DIDDIDID

youtube.com/watch?v=QQPGtzmStq4

Do you think it's possible to build a Space Cadet machine? Would it be worth it?

Best pinball game right there.

I dunno how easy it'd be to program all the special modes but I don't remember too many special toys so just getting ramps and flippers and such probably wouldn't be too difficult.

>No ProPinball mentions
I am dissappointed

BANISHED FROM EARTH