Far Cry 5's ending was amazing and elegantly foreshadowed every single step of the way...

Far Cry 5's ending was amazing and elegantly foreshadowed every single step of the way. So why did so many people get their jimmies rustled by it? Is Biblical literacy slipping or something?

Attached: joseph-Seed.jpg (730x418, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gWL080QOqfY
youtube.com/watch?v=jKQNAc5HXXw
youtube.com/watch?v=rmXJbph4bEs
farcry.fandom.com/wiki/The_Path_(Pilgrimage)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i hate things

I started 5 today.

And dropped 5 today.

Just expected something different gameplay wise since 3.

>Just expected something different gameplay wise since 3.
What made you do that?

People don't tend to like bad endings in games because, unlike other media, they put a semblance of effort into it.
Makes so that taking over every outpost and such not mean much, since you lose anyway.
Should have gone the Metro route, give you the chance to have a good ending, but make the bad one canon.

>Just expected something different gameplay wise since 3.
What were you expecting? They changed the gunplay completely. They revamped exploration. What exactly do you want from an open world FPS game? Far Cry 3 nailed so many aspects of FPS design that developers are stuck in a "how do you improve on perfection?" crisis.

I finished it a few days ago, the story, atmosphere and music were really good, especially for a ubisoft game in 2018. the gameplay was just tedious though, wish there was a way to just do story missions (half the story missions on the map have fuck all to do with the story and are just mindless tasks)

>People don't tend to like bad endings in games because, unlike other media, they put a semblance of effort into it.
The difference in perception between interactive and non-interactive mediums has always interested me. There are plenty of movies where the protagonist's efforts come to absolutely nothing. The Mission is a film classic that comes to mind. Both Jeremy Irons and Robert De Niro are killed by the soldiers. The native people are slaughtered. But their deaths had some greater meaning.

If that film were a videogame, people would be pissed because they "wasted their time". It's kinda frustrating because it feels like videogames are stuck in this power fantasy wish-fulfillment loop.
>Should have gone the Metro route, give you the chance to have a good ending, but make the bad one canon.
Creatively, that causes some problems. It seems most Far Cry 3 players missed the point that Far Cry 3's "good" ending is a smarmy "You wanted a good ending? Here's your good ending. Fuck you, by the way."

The ending is cool on paper but it's awfully executed and completely unearned.

>So why did so many people get their jimmies rustled by it?
They were upset their super special OC wasn't given a chance to save the day.

I honestly don't know user.

I just don't want to feel like I'm playing the same game. I don't think it's a 'improve on perfection' problem; but acknowledge that some people really like playing games within a genre with minimal differences.

I think I'm officially bored of openworld games.

Attached: IMG_4425.jpg (720x1280, 67K)

>>>tumblr

Fuck off newfag

Nothing you did in the entire game mattered, the bad guy was right, and he gets to gloat about the world ending for the rest of your life.

Also the game was stupid easy, the AI was boring and the combat repetitive.

go back, faggot

No u.

>The ending is cool on paper but it's awfully executed and completely unearned.
How is it completely unearned? You open the seven seals, the world is consumed by fire. You are told this is going to happen from the very first loadscreen. When Joseph says, "The world is on fire, and it's your fault," he means that you are literally responsible for the fact that at this very moment the world is on fire. It's all you. Faith warns you that, "Joseph thinks he's our savior, but you'll be the one who decides what happens." The player brings about the end of the wold. That's the ending. Everything in the game builds towards that. The fact so many people missed the point makes me question how many gamers have read the Book of Revelation.

The story from farcry 2 on take themself way too seriously for what the games are
Also FC 5 sucks there is nothing special about it and it knows it and desperatly tries to hide his emptiness by shoving fights every fucking second

>Nothing you did in the entire game mattered, the bad guy was right, and he gets to gloat about the world ending for the rest of your life.
Everything you did mattered. You were the only one capable of opening the seals. Just as the Captain in New Dawn is the only one capable of taking on the role as Shepherd.

user here basically nails it on the head.

In games that require lots of tedious effort, you want your work to pay off. You want validation for the things you accomplish. You want to feel like your time hasn't been wasted and that every little thing you found and task you did will lead to something.

I felt the same way at the end of Mass Effect. I did it all, 100% completion runs for each and every game, and that included the out-of-game shit you needed to get your readiness meter or whatever the fuck it was called to be maxed out. And lo and fucking behold, despite doing it all, galactic civilization as we know it is crippled and we, the hero, die. I didn't play Andromeda, so dont (you) me. Its not relevant to the ME Trilogy experience.

There's something to be said for a "You did it!" ending. It's shallow and masturbatory, but that's kind of what we're here for. Like, fuck, this is escapism. If I put in the work, I should get to feel some fucking validation.

>giving an iota of a fuck about the throwaway plot in ubitrash

it's a shame new dawn immediately went back to zoomer ADHD shit, FC5 was so serene. Faith's region was amazing

youtu.be/gWL080QOqfY

>Hours and hours of grinding. Playing the game and killing all badguys and capturing shit

>Lol nope you lose!

It's horrible game design, this is the reason most people hate jrpgs because they pull shit shit so many times. Kingdom hearts is a huge example.

Having a biblical references in your story doesn't make it smart
Besides gets it

>Lol nope you lose!
autism

>Is Biblical literacy slipping or something?

Must be if the only thing Joseph's flock can sing is "Amazing Grace".

Like seriously there are other hymns.

>Besides gets it
Far Cry 5's writing is absolutely fantastic from start to finish. So was Far Cry 4's. So no, they really don't get it. I guess you have to have a certain IQ and level of literacy before you can truly appreciate the writing in Ubisoft games.

RIP Jacket

youtube.com/watch?v=jKQNAc5HXXw

>Far Cry 5's writing is absolutely fantastic from start to finish
you're right about this but the rest of your post is retarded

The cult have their own hymns. "Help Me Faith", for example. There's an entire radio station full of Eden's Gate songs. In New Dawn, you read some notes from people responsible for writing praise songs about Joseph.

>>Hours and hours of grinding. Playing the game and killing all badguys and capturing shit
>now i give you both the options to side with the enemy and become the bad or fight against him
bof4 was cooking with gas

Not him, but i highly doubt anybody "Missed" that message because it's being literally told in your face, but it's just dumb.
So what was the message here? "It's sometimes best to leave things alone"? Was that the message? Or that you shouldn't judge? Because that's fucking retarded.

If your antagonist maybe wouldn't be depicted as a murdercult who burn people alive and literally nail them onto their walls then maybe, MAYBE, that message could have worked but no, when you actually pay attention to the game you learn that the Cult HAS been left alone for years, and as a result the situation has only gotten worse and worse for the people.

So what's the game trying to tell use here. Give me the scoop.

That's fucking retarded tho because none of your actions could actually cause nukes to drop...

The rest of the post was a dig at Rick and Morty fans.

I haven't played New Dawn, is there a reason why cars are propped as tombstones and everything is so colorful?

>Faith's region was amazing
You mean the one where you couldn't walk for more than 10 feet without some hallucination of a bear spawning in front of you and attacking you?

Well i missed the re runs of rick & morty so i'm what you might call a brainlet
Care to help me understand what the hell you're talking about ? Because i really didn't pick that up playing the game

The cars are painted by the gangs that roam around the highways of america Mad Max-style. If they also dig them in like that is beyond me.

What's worse is what the game did to the Deputy as a final fuck you to FC5 players.

>That's fucking retarded tho because none of your actions could actually cause nukes to drop...
That's like saying that crucifying Jesus Christ couldn't actually cause a huge earthquake, and the sun to suddenly darken. The player is the Lamb of God. The Lion of Judah. They are the sole entity with the power to loosen the seals from the scroll. Which they do. Far Cry 5 is a religious story. The lead writer has admitted that the "Rook is Christ" interpretation is the correct one.

not him but i honestly think they only go with that ending as canon for the shock value (and the fucking opportunity to make the spin off sequel)
doubt it was ever about some deep meaning hidden lesson intended
farcry new dawn come out not even a full year after 5

didn't happen to me, think you're just retarded

>Is Biblical literacy slipping or something?
no shit sherlock

The ending of 5 doesn't matter anymore because New Dawn completely ruined the storyline anyway with the plotline culminating in Joseph Seed finding an apple tree that grows magical apples that either give you superpowers or turn you into a giant shadow ogre depending on your will and having to fight his son after he eats an apple and turns into said giant shadow ogre it's so fucking retarded and seriously made the end on some sort of autistic fanfiction route. It retroactively ruins the ending and story of Far Cry 5

Shit's colorful in New Dawn because Hope County is supposed to be "Eden".
If you go to the border of the map, everything surrounding it looks like pic related.
You have expeditions to other parts of the US and things look better, but not as colorful as in the main map.

Attached: 1522869271815.jpg (1920x1080, 630K)

while I liked majority of the game, and so did ending, it carried an important message, it just left me with feeling: "so... what was that all for? I spent so much, only to have it wiped in the end?" I think intentions were good, but ending could be done far better

>sneed

god i fucking hate the forced kidnap interaction
they legit can't fucking come up with some interesting event or even quest to lead up to it

no son, you blow up enough silo and there will be a magic sleepy bullet fired at you while you are on 300 feet in the eair with a helicopter

Have you read some interviews with lead writer Drew Holmes? That guy is pretentious as fuck.
But yeah i also think Ubisoft has some form of clause that every game needs a forced controvers/shock value at this point.

Are you implying that murder cult hispter is Jesus? Seriously? Just fuck off will you.

Joseph Seed is the anti-Christ.
You are the Lamb of God fighting to stop him. Or at least that's what you symbolically represent.
The Lamb of God is supposed to open the seven seals and kill 1/3 of the population and poison the water and kill all the birds and shit. This is a good thing that God wants you to do.
Joseph tries to stop you because he's the bad guy.
You prevail. Joseph is kinda pleased about this in the sense that the voice that talked in his head told him about the collapse.

Because of brainlets that go OH NO NONE OF WHAT I DID MATTERED! Its a fucking videogame, of course none of it matters. What matters is how it made you feel.

Jesus Fuck. I really liked ignoring cars and going innawoods in the other regions but Faiths region really drove me back on the roads because these fucking halucinations pop up every solid minute. FUCK

Nah man, play New Dawn.

The mysterious tree and its fruit reminds me of the Yetis in Far Cry 4, and the mysterious fungus/chemical compound that gives people strange dreams and also turns them into a Yeti in high enough doses. New Dawn doesn't ruin FC5. It sidesteps a lot of FC5's plot. It does 100% confirm "the voice" that Joseph talks about is genuine, though. The voice told him about you. Showed him your face. Told him you would be the Shepherd.

Because it's a worse version of Hotline Miami 2's ending

Attached: HM2.jpg (1800x2449, 692K)

>the plane boss fight

Attached: 1539010032589.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

>but Faiths region really drove me back on the roads because these fucking halucinations pop up every solid minute
they literally only fucking happen when you're going to get bliss'd by Faith or if you are sitting around in bliss flowers for too long like a retard

If they wanted me to feel annoyed the succeeded.

>playing ubishit 'games'

>Commander Shepard has becomeegend by defeating the Reaper Threat. Now you can expand that legend through further gameplay and DLC.
That was your ending user, why weren't you happy with that?

FC5 is the first decent game by Ubisoft since Chaos Theory desu, probably the last good game they'll ever make.

Rook is the Christ figure, not Joseph. Faith says as much in Far Cry 5. New Dawn reveals that Joseph's "voice" in his head is real, but he badly, badly misunderstood it. He assumed the role of Shepherd. But he wasn't fit for the task. His soul is a cancer. His influence is inherently destructive, even if his intentions may be pure. (After all, he passes the test with the fruit. The test Ethan fails because he's greedy and ambitious.)

isn't the same thing kinda happen to the AC odessey recently as well? some "twist" in the dlc basically just ignore everything you've done in the main game

More or less, what happened in Odyssey is that you can bang random people but in the DLC it forces you into a relationship with a character.

They made the protagonist hetero, so the usual suspects wrote angry tweets that's all.

Ah I see you didn't play FC4.

If you're already over that expectation then 5 is fucking great. There's so many layers and metaphors in everything right down to the design of the map; it was a really nice surprise since I had low expectations and thinking it'd be another pointless AAA timewaste.

I highly recommend doing ALL your drugs while you play btw.

>ubishit
>good game
Stop smoking meth.

I have played New Dawn. Nothing in New Dawn really contradicts it, despite new writers. And even if it did, it doesn't change the fact FC5's writer confirmed the validity of the interpretation. There's an especially interesting scene with Hurk where he talks about how you look familiar. I think what this is talking about is how Hurk can see past the player character to the entity behind it -- the player. All these characters -- Jason, Ajay, Rook, Captain -- the same entity has been controlling all of them. It's the same kinda meta vibe Assassin's Creed has been dabbling with. That maybe Layla isn't a real person, but rather a construct being controlled by another entity in a higher level of the simulation.

Attached: Far Cry 5.png (583x418, 379K)

I've never tried meth but I bet FC5 would unironically be a great game to do meth to

>New Dawn has a note mentioning an Empty Quiver situation in Montana moments before the nukes go off

Attached: 1493492916072.png (466x552, 228K)

they used to be good, FC5 is like half of a good old ubisoft game, the gameplay is pretty shit but most everything else is really good.

Hurk is just making a 4th wall breaking joke jesus fuck calm your autism.

Something I really dug about 5 was how the three segments of the map were like three lobes of the cult's brain--and the bosses its id, ego and superego.
As you run around killing them you're causing figurative brain damage to the cult as a whole and making everything worse.

excellent bit whens your next standup?

Fuck you, I'll stop when I feel likeit

Nah, there's more to it than that. Far Cry 5/New Dawn feature a silent protagonist in part because the character is really just a vessel for the player. When Faith looks at the camera and says, "I know you have your doubts. But this is the only way the story ends," she's talking to the person behind the camera. This fourth wall player/protagonist blurring is intentional. Rook was never really in control. You were. You were acting through them. Just as you acted through The Captain.

Attached: 1546920834160.jpg (433x427, 86K)

scathing anaylsis, short as well. I entirely agree user

>controversial
>in a game whose main premise is that all the protagonists come from a single bloodline

something I don't like about reaction image posters is that they already have brain damage

so was it Seed all along?

Nigga you trying way to hard.

they have dropped that shit since a couple games ago already man

>blow a nigga up with a rocket launcher several times
>he still has enough stength to overpower you, drag you to a shelter, and fill you with propaganda to the point you become his lackey in the next game
Don't pretend your story has any real message when it only works because you gave your shitty tryhard hipster preacher bullshit anime levels of durability.

Self inserters are autistic, more news at 11.

Maybe you're just retarded and can't process subtext, because they've been doing exactly that sort of shit since Far Cry 2. It's almost the point of the series at this point--hence why they don't really fuck with the gameplay anymore, I guess (although I wish they would, FC3 was great but not so much that I want every single sequel to feel like a conversion mod).

He's right.
You're right.

sure, you don't need need to be related to see a person's memories in the animus anymore, but the assassins still form a single bloodline

yeah what the fuck with that
iirc the final fight is like "LITERALLY" everybody vs him

Na you're just a pretentious fuck who reads to much into things.

how do you not get this by now

the point of every* Far Cry game is that you're the bad guy

*(maybe not 1, I barely remember 1)

there's nothing particularly pretentious about any of that

the fuck is this has anything to do with the retard bullet sponge level of a normal human being?

Nobody expects you to understand every single movie or game but surprise dipshit, the authors/directors generally do have some kind of metaphor or layered meaning in mind.

It's fine to not get it but don't get angry at the suggestion that something that might have meaning (and Far Cry... is not that fucking subtle about it) just because you don't get something, diaper-baby

The FC5 ending is fucki g garbage. Absolutely nothing makes sense, you are forced to play the story even if you dont want to. Give me a fucking break, this is ez the worst FC game

overdose on xannies already you disgusting zoomer nigger

>more ubishilling on Yea Forums

>Eden's Gate repeatedly tortures, murders, and drugs people to their will
>gives you no option to negotiate, deal with, convince or even save them
>eden gate npcs will only shoot at you, or get in a better spot to shoot at you some more
If the only way through the game is to kill, trying to make me feel bad about it is just as bad as telltale games that try and make you feel bad about what you did, even though it was always going to happen.

Are you out of your mind

fc3 was the worst one
both 4 and 5 did things a little better than the one before it
they still aren't good, but they're a lot better than that piece of shit

Because depending on which of the 2 endings you get the world gets nuked or not. If it happened either way and nothing mattered would've been far better.

Oh did you get your feelings hurt :( . Its fucking garbage you faglord. The game has zero believability, no personality and you never care aboit what you are doing. Never even once did I feel conected to the story or the characters because they are boring and fucking garbage... The only good thing in this game is the fishing and nature which are absolutely amazing

these threads are always depressing. we've got some real fucking dummies here and nobody even really bothers to try to educate them anymore. rip civilisation

Why would you feel bad about playing as a bad guy you sensitive faggot

cringe

zoomers need genocided

it's a game, it's meant to be fun either way
do wario games make you cry you silly bitch

>Being hunted
>Not in Faith's region
>Find buck and try to shovel it quick
>bashes me and the damage it does blissed me somehow
Giggled

>it's not that i feel bad, it's that the game attempts to make me feel that way even though killing is the only way to win. It's bullshit, especially considering there is no way to play good.

Atleast far cry 3 had some kind of believability. Imo its FCI, FC3, FC2, FCBD, FC and the rest can fuck of cuz it was the same shit with the same story but with a little less likeable villain. FC4 was pretty good with the fact that pagan is right all along. Crab ragoon ending is correct ending

>game shoving propaganda down your throat because of bad writing is somehow fun I should enjoy

Nice arguments nigger. Its garbage and you know it

If you're not completing the game for the pure sake of it or simply having fun then why are you playing it? I don't see how the ending invalidates anything. Every minute you played still mattered. The game would end either way

Some people would not join them willingly. They had to be forced, or they would not survive. God told Joseph this.

Besides, didn't you ever stop and think how every cult member was a person? They lived here too, whether the joined willingly or were brainwashed, it doesn't matter. you killed them. You didn't save anyone. All you do is kill and destroy...

>killing is the only way to win.
Yes, obviously, it's still a video game you brainlet, that doesn't mean the framing device (the story) can't deviate from the norm. And you technically do get a choice, however this involves the game ending in 5 minutes, so i do get your point.

because part of playing the game is the story. When the story ends the way it does because the bad guy is somehow as tough as a dragonball z character in an fps operator game, it takes away from the fun because of how it destroys world building. Imagine if shakespeare ended with one of the characters insisting he was a time traveler and implanted nanobots to insta assassinate the others years ago, and just smacks his detonate button and the play ends. You'd get pissed because of the time you wasted watching it was foe nothing because of a last minute asspull.

This and Spec Ops The Line are some of the biggest pleb filters

>because the bad guy is somehow as tough as a dragonball z character
The final boss tales place while you are severely drugged up on bliss, it is mostly hallucination.

>every cult member was a person
>not one of 5 different game models that suffered from sameface and existed only as an enemy whose hp was to be reduced to 0
By even existing at the same time this post rxistz, you just caused trillions upon trillions of worlds with trillions of people to die instantly. Wow, you're such an awful monster please praise me 2deep writing as i say how you're a monster even though there was no real way to get around this

It's still shit writing to force a choice and insist someone needs to feel bad about it. Insisting I should enjoy shitty writing because of it's overly forced twist is just retarded.

>It's kinda frustrating because it feels like videogames are stuck in this power fantasy wish-fulfillment loop.

I mean that's what FC is though, you go around being the be all and end all. And then a bad ending just is weird from that. No one really gets their jimmies rustled too much from shorter more focused games with bad endings. (though the amount of butthurt at Spec Ops the line forcing the player to either stop playing or do the bad thing is still wild)

Having to listen to monologue after monologue made me want to kill and destroy, was this God's plan?

Attached: 1521383668796.png (500x500, 170K)

>there was no real way to get around this
Technically there was but the game ends early. Listen, this part really isn't meant to be "deep", because of course it's a shooter game and you buy it to shoot people. But that's just how it ties in with the story. It's true that the cult is hostile and always shoot first, but in the story many of them are just scared, forced, brainwashed, etc. And the player kills them nontheless.

Unironically yes
A whole part of the game revolves around conditioning you to run through a tedious repetitive hallway without thinking after every cutscene

Technically the final fight was You+Your 12 Followers (aka 12 disciples) vs Him.

I'm genuinely impressed that Ubisoft had the balls to make a game where a neo-Christian religious doomsday cult is shown to be correct, and then make a follow-up sequel which essentially confirms Joseph Seed's prophet status as well as the undisputed existence of the God described in the Bible.

I'm so used to seeing fiction rely on "exotic" religious and cultural beliefs for their in-universe magic that it's genuinely refreshing to have a game say "Yeah, God created this paradise for us, and also this magic tree which kept us fed. He talks to me occasionally".

Attached: 1285102855336.gif (206x196, 480K)

tell me more about how a man who just got enough .50bmg rounds in his head to replace all brain matter is somehow strong enough to completely wreck an armed combatant with a small arsenal who took down several hundred people on his own.

Forced or not I prefer it over a generic "you save the day" ending anytime

It's not like other far cry games had happy endings either... At best they're bittersweet

You only hallucinated shooting him in the head

Unless you mean to imply the nukes literally wouldn't drop if Rook doesn't cuff Joseph, nah.
Also the Cult literally had the entire valley hostage.
Grace tells you that her father got killed by the cult two weeks before Rook lands with the helicopter on the compound and i doubt he was the only one.
The Cult wasn't a situation you just leave alone.

New Dawn also had a great story with plenty of metaphors and theming (with some right in your face) that no single reviewer picked up, which is really shameful. Especially since you don't see that level of storytelling in games lately.

"Its a game about revenge" No its not

all i ever heard from spec ops the line is how CRUUZAY and intense the story is. nobody ever fucking talk about gameplay

that scene really revealed how shit the writing was. I immediately picked up on what the fucker was trying to do, but the game won't let you advance unless you kill the bunker guy and pass the trial. If you try and be peaceful, you're stuck in the scene.

>Unless you mean to imply the nukes literally wouldn't drop if Rook doesn't cuff Joseph, nah.
He's not implying it, the game endings themselves clearly show it. If you choose to let Joseph go in the game ending you and the deputies drive off with no bombs falling.

But if the nukes were going to drop either way (debatable, but we will go with it) then the rookie wouldn't have killed hundreds of cultists and destroyed their supplies and bunkers, which means countless more people will survive than they would otherwise if you played normally

So what's the truly good action here?

New Dawn confirms that Joseph really did hear a voice telling him things. It confirms the purity of his intent. He really did want to save people. But there was a darkness in him that destroyed everything he tried to build. It's a great shame. Joseph misunderstood God's instructions. The instructions were real, it seems. But he forced an interpretation upon them that caused him to go badly off the rails. He was sincere the whole time. He never wanted to be the bad guy. I imagine the thing with him pinching his daughter's air tube was him hearing the voice and badly, badly misunderstanding what it was telling him. He did this over and over throughout the story. He wanted to save people. But his efforts resulted in death.

Attached: Far Cry® New Dawn2019-2-19-22-1-52.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

>people are unironically discussing Far Cry's plot
Read a book niggas.

Attached: 1456079501248.png (441x705, 531K)

>unless you kill the bunker guy and pass the trial
I'll admit, I feel for it. Then I got curious to see what would happen if you didn't shoot him. But you have to. This is easily the weakest part of the story.

I think they could have fixed it simply by making it if you don't shoot, Jacob shows up and points your gun for you, showing that you're under his control anyways. That way the plot point still resounds and you can have the satisfaction of resisting as much as possible.

>the only way to be good is to give us $60 for 30 seconds of gameplay
>this is somehow deep and meaningful
whew the mental gymnastics are astounding

>Unless you mean to imply the nukes literally wouldn't drop if Rook doesn't cuff Joseph, nah.
The global nuclear war only breaks out if Seal 7 is opened. Up until that point, you have some nukings, such as Russia. But the final three seals are what pushes the entire globe over the edge. It's the difference between a few million being dead and billions being annihilated.
>The Cult wasn't a situation you just leave alone.
Interestingly the US government knows about Eden's Gate. They just don't care.

He didn't misunderstand God's message, God simply didn't tell him what to do, only what will happen. Joseph knew exactly the circumstances that would bring about the apocalypse (the seals), he knew exactly Rook's significance the moment he saw him (same with the Shepherd from ND). What God didnt' tell him was how to actually go about creating the new Eden.

>Read a book
Fucking nerd.

Why should a game give you the option to be good anyways? Again, it's just the story. The gameplay is the same either way . No other far cry had good endings

Yeah that annoyed me a bit as well. Like, it seemed obvious what the game was trying here, and i suppose for players who actually DID mindlessly pull the trigger it might have been impressive.
But i didn't and the game just forces me to anyway.
But i guess since the game implies days or weeks of conditioning pass you're not really in control of the PC at that point or whatever.

Same with forcing me to take the leap in Faith's vision. I didn't want to show my faith and i didn't want to take a leap off the book but i have to to get out of the shit cutscene.

It's not supposed to be deep. It's a fucking video game plot. You just refuse to take it at face value and think it's trying to trick you or something?

>why are you judging the game sold on it's story and characters for it's story and characters?

That's actually a good point. "The Voice" was very passive. It told him about the Shepherd. (New Dawn's protagonist.) He was shown what they looked like. But the Voice never told him what to do. That was all him. And he fucked up. He really, really fucked up.

Stop reading Bible literaly, its an allergory book.

That's why I chose Walk Away ending. And it was hecking beautiful. Instead of continuing the cycle of violence, you're make peace with your enemy.

Who the fuck plays far cry for story? It's secondary. It's a shooter game, the primary aspect is shooting people and blowing things up.

Doesn't that ending involve you leaving while all of your buddies and Guns for Hire stay magically mindcontrolled hostages of the murderman

>But the Voice never told him what to do.
Free will nigga. The Cult forced people to join it, it brainwashed people against their will, God didn't. The player always has the choice of whether to pursue the path of apocalypse or not, Joseph Seed always had the choice of whether to listen.

Mind controlled?
Maybe.
But he won't kill them, they will live

He's a classic anti-hero doing the wrong things for the right reasons

And, in fact, so is the player.

>game releases several character trailers, story trailers, worldbuilding trailers to help sell the game
>user why do you care about the story that was never anything important in this game

>Who the fuck plays far cry for story?
are we in the same thread right now?

>playing video games for plot
Wew lad.

And people can discuss elder scrolls lore for thousands of threads. However, the lore is still secondary to the gameplay in every case. They're video GAMES. Not films, not novels. People need to stop making that mistake.

Nah the rook had all the right reasons.
He had no reason not to cuff joseph and when things escalated it would be absolutely insane and immoral not to help the population against the rampaging cultists.

The gameplay is the same it's been since 2012, we've exhausted the gameplay discussion in the Far Cry 3 threads back then. Only thing left to discuss with this franchise is the story.

Well that's where this whole discussion about Rook being a puppet for the player character comes in. Rook the character has no reason to let Joseph go in the end, what makes him special (in the eyes of Joseph at least) is that he's also controlled by a superior will (the player) which can make the decision to walk away.

>every story has to have a happy ending for you to care about it
I didn't even particularly like FC5 but you're a retard.

Sure, I'm not saying otherwise, I'm just saying it's a video game. Gameplay is always the primary aspect and selling point.

Story IS important, it's the dressing with which you explain the setting, characters, enemies, even gameplay mechanics. But it's still secondary to the actual playing of the game, otherwise I could just sit and watch it.

>it would be absolutely insane and immoral not to help the population against the rampaging cultists

Sure but by the end you learn you were really dooming them because the cult was going to indoctrinate them or kidnap them, and without the bunkers and supplies, they will die in the nukes. On top of all the cult members you slaughter along the way.

Hard to tell since your character goes into a brainwash frenzy and is implied to kill everyone in that car and then it ends. The nukes would have dropped just after that given that not enough time had passed due to there being no firefight.

If Rook is Christ why did he come back as a nobody in New Dawn

It's an Ubisoft game you dumb cunt, did you really expect it to be different to the other series they shit out on a yearly basis?

>Every step of the way
>1 radio broadcast
>3 Siblings defending their stupid bullshit when you kill them
>Some bible quotes at the start
Yes. Every step of the way.

Are your favourite games Space Invaders and Tetris?

Having a nice story is good and all, but I wouldn't say that's where the "fun" comes from. It's a game, the fun comes from gameplay. Despite having a soindtrack, cutscenes, and script, It's not like listening to music, watching a film, or reading a book. Because those are passive activities where everything is already laid out before you.

FC5 ending is the only good part of the game if anything.

But the game is different from 3 in many ways

No my favourites are games where gameplay matters.

This is actually the first good reason of why 5 somewhat worked compared to 4.

The game's entire plot is structured around the opening of the seven seals. Every Herald is a seal. It's not the game's fault if you're too stubborn to see what is right in front of you, literally shouted in your face by the game's characters. Every story beat in the game reinforces the fact the plot is building towards the seventh and final seal.

tetris got sold over 150 million copies on various fucking platforms and people still play it for 30+ years now
you fucking wish your shitty farcry ever got to 50% of that

also from OP >biblical literacy slipping
fucking americlap

>also from OP >biblical literacy slipping
>fucking americlap
What does America have to do with Biblical literacy? Gutenberg was German, just like Far Cry.

Spec Ops the Line does the same thing
>Stop playing the game and having fun
>No
>Stop it right now or there will be consequences
>No
>LOL I'D TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE CONSEQUENCES HAHAHAHA

SNEED

Ubisoft is French IIRC

Far Cry was originally Crytek's. Crytek is German. Run by Turks, though.

Because no matter what you do, you lose. If there was an ending where you shoot Joseph before he finishes his endgame rant and the bombs don't fall, everything would've been fine. But after all your work in the game to take him down you just get a "fuck you, bad guy wins" ending.

Why would you be able to shoot Joseph? What part of "God won't let you take me" was unclear to you?

Did Far Cry 1 have biblical allegories? The monsters aren't exactly a plague or anything

You weren't actually working to take him down, though? Your real purpose was to open the seals and cause the Collapse. He didn't really win. You won.

Because it was moronic.

Except visions and spirits are real things in FC-verse, and any fan of the series should know to take it seriously when someone forsees something

Even putting all this pretentious bullshit aside, killing him never were a goal either, you went there to arrest Joseph.

Yep. Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal -- they all featured drug-induced visions of the future. Information the characters couldn't possibly know. You met Willis Huntley in a vision in Far Cry 3 before you met him in the flesh. The drugs in FC4 told you the truth about Sabal and Amita. And so on.
youtube.com/watch?v=rmXJbph4bEs

It's bizarre how many people unsarcastically tried to argue that Far Cry 5's ending was a bliss vision. At what point did they forget that in Far Cry, drugs are basically more true than the "real" world? If the real world tells you one thing, and the drugs tell yo something else, trust the drugs. The only Far Cry game where this wasn't true was Blood Dragon, and that was for a "Winners Don't Use Drugs" meme.

>The player brings about the end of the wold. That's the ending.
sounds like a good ending to me.

I haven't played FC4, but in 3 it's not just the visions, the tribe you fall in with is actually magic. The MC has a magic tattoo which literally grows on his body as he levels up, and he goes from being a pussy at the start of the game to a killing machine at the end, all because he's the chosen one of the tribe.

Except that's fucking bullshit. Whether or not you like FC5 or Ubisoft, there IS a "good" ending. Everyone praised Spec Ops: The Line for stringing the player along for one of four shit endings, but apparently adding some Jesus to the same formula ruins Far Cry? Go fuck yourself. If you wanted a happy ending, you should have gotten the one at the start of the game. You were warned and even had the knowledge that the canon (and good) ending of 4 was doing nothing at the beginning. You chose the bad end. You chose to go against God, retard.

And if you let him go he says your Sin isnt Wrath, its Pride, cuz you are too proud to play the role God wrote for you, like if Pilate refused to order Jesus crucified and scourged because of what happens next

stop being a fag

This line would have been very ideal before shooting Joseph.

Attached: no god.jpg (500x428, 61K)

3 also set the series on a "rejection of civilization is bad" direction, considering your last decision is to
>remain king of murder island (then die by the sword)
>go back to the States where you blend back into society, albeit minus some friends

Whitehorse does mention at the end of Faith's encounter, to "put him in the ground" if you have to.

Is Revelations the most reddit book of the Bible?

Nah. In some ways, its where the whole thing goes ham, but its the literal end of the world so it gets to be. The most normie tier parts are likely the "love thy neighbor" ones while ignoring Jesus flipping tables, whipping people, and telling them to buy swords.

I was annoyed in New Dawn how much of a pussy the rookie became

There's a very interesting aspect of Far Cry 5 that many players aren't familiar with.

farcry.fandom.com/wiki/The_Path_(Pilgrimage)

I. The Call
Joseph Seed hears the Voice. It calls on him to become a leader to give hope to wayward souls.
II. The Cleansing
Joseph Seed affirms his obedience to the Voice by cleansing himself with his own two hands. Becoming born again.
III. The Father
Joseph Seed's message reaches the ears of his first true followers. They soon begin to call him their Father because of his great wisdom and guidance.
IV. The Revelation
The voice reveals the coming Collapse, and the true purpose of Joseph's ministry: to save our souls from destruction and guide them to Eden's Gate.
V. The Family
Joseph Seed Collects his blood family--John, Jacob amd Faith. He anoints them as his Heralds so that they may guide the growing family of believers.
VI. The Snakes
Joseph Seed is forced to defend his family from traitors and the unbelievers they bring to Eden's Gate.
VII. The Homecoming
The Voice guides the Father to bring his disciples to Hope, the place destined to be our New Garden after the Collapse.
VIII. The Message
The Father and his Heralds begin to share their message with the people of Hope, offering them salvation from the Collapse.
IX. The Sacrament
The Bliss is gifted to disciples who are too full of fear and doubt, elevating them to Angels who can better help prepare for the Collapse.
X. The Threshold
The Father prophesies that the coming of a White Horse is the signal that the Collapse is near.
XI. The Reaping
Chaos swallows the Garden as the First Seal is broken. The heretics fight against the Family as we collect our final harvest of souls and materials goods.
XII. The Collapse
The Seals are opened and fire cleanses the Earth. In the Gates, our Family waits.
XIII. The Garden
After seven years, the Gates are opened to a changed world and the Father's Chosen inherit our New Garden.

You didn't really had to and he ends up "in the ground" anyway.

Its also worth noting that Christianity is also way more reserved with prophecy. In greek story, its common, but in Abrahamic faith its heretical to claim to know the future, cuz only God is allowed to know. Very few prophets are in the Bible.

I loved it desu senpai

They don't like being the loser in their vidya, they get enough of that in real life.

Slightly unrelated, entire "Wrath" thing made me think it were a jab at american politics and how leftists branded everyone opposing them with "Hate". Joseph ended up being right simply because Ubisoft themselves are leftists.
Although, I only made this connections because everyone were trying to do the same, but from different angle.