Throw wide the gates user

Throw wide the gates user.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p8H1RjjoGKs
old.reddit.com/user/AGayKitten
arrtripletriad.com/en/cards
youtube.com/watch?v=aodIrvooD6w
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/385189-Role-Players-Manifesto
youtube.com/watch?v=iqliHj0ccS0
youtube.com/watch?v=Pn2502GwT_o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i remember when this game was good

I can't remember what happened in the crystal tower

Attached: dontdos.png (340x504, 266K)

Yes, I too remember when I logged in and played today. It was fun doing Orbonne Monastery.

Attached: ffxiv_02282019_045855_478.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

Should 24 man bosses have enrage timers?

how many fucking protean crystals am i going to smash in my weapon before i get the high weapon rolls

TLDR version:

LOTA - nothing story wise, it's just a gate to crystal tower.

Crystal Tower - Xande was the first emperor of Allag, revived by Amon to MAGA. He succeeded but realized it will all go to shit and he will die, so he made a pact with the Cloud of Darkness to suck up everything into darkness. We kill Xande, leaving the gate for Cloud to suck up Doga and Unei to use them to pass into our world

World of Darkness - With Cid's and Nero's help we go in and fight Cloud. Kick it's ass and weaken it, getting free of the place. Graha regains his genetic memories and seals the tower so it can't be used until tech catches up with Ancient Allag's shit.

Also of note, the World of Darkness is one of the shards, which was lost to darkness due to ascian interference. All the voidsent are the inhabitants of that destroyed world...

Maybe? Most of the Ivalice have "don't suck or die" checks in them, which is nice. I'm no dungeon designer so I'm not sure what would be the best solution.

Reminder that ShadowBringers will be Heavensward:Violet Editon with the added bonus of potentially having a story on par with Heavensward itself and will continue to let systems stagnate rather than letting them grow.

I did some BA today
we did not beat raiden. I still had fun.
I don't think so.

SHADOWNIGGERS

how do I get a graha bf?

mystery niggas.....

>we did not beat raiden.
How?
He's easy as fuck.

okay now what

Attached: throw wide her gates.jpg (866x704, 151K)

still easy to fail if not enough people know the fight

even if you have people still standing, just having a few people alive won't be enough for the dps check

Of course he is, I've cleared up to AV.
20+ people who haven't seen him getting shitty call outs so we do shit dps making more mechanics come out than even i like dealing with? not so much.

>mayhap
>tis

Attached: 1536982024308.jpg (409x618, 176K)

New NIN, is the only use for Duality to combo with Aeolian Edge?

>DRGs can't actually get and use that sick ass gun-halberd

The fuck

That is the maximum potency gain from it, yes. Unless you're super desperate to keep up Huton with an Armor Crush instead of using your ninjutsu.

Yes

new DRG, should i be using lifesurge on Full Thrust? It seems it's the strongest move the class has

they aggressively avoid letting players use anything designed for high ranking garleans

Please make MCH play better, please SE.

Attached: 1535840551977.jpg (429x600, 318K)

That is correct. Life Surge has no reason to be used on anything else.

hot shot now gives MCH 9% damage boost, up from 8%.
increase turret potency by 15

Attached: yoshi.jpg (400x267, 74K)

Alright, thought so, thanks

Is Summoner any fun

It will either go back to HW MCH with new tools or keep the whole heat mechanic or just throw it away for something completely new.

Im hearing you can achieve the rank of Captain in GCs now? How?

No

Attached: ffxiv_02012015_025640.png (1920x1080, 2.32M)

I doubt they're getting rid of the job gauges so heat is likely here to stay.

Deathflare is cool as fuck.
Summoning a Demi-Bahamut who can do 2 Akh Morn is pretty metal too.

But if you die once, you're basically fucked for the whole fight.

Yep, you can. What rank are you now? You'll need to be First Lieutenant through completing all priority missions with your personal squadron. Then, you'll need to do five runs of squad dungeon missions with them.

Remember the squadrons?
You have to have 3 of them lvl 50 (or 60 I can't remember) and do a special squadron mission with them.

WHY is your character so fucking ugly?

Who here plays MCH? How you liking it?

I miss HW MCH every waking hour.

Maybe they shouldn't have exposed how much better FF11 music was by playing it in the Bald Arse.

Attached: 411full.jpg (411x411, 23K)

Demi-bahamut should be hideable in options. The stupid oversized dragon is annoying to fuck to see through, especially when you have more than 1 summoner around.

me too, 2.0 MCH was perfection

she's stunning and brave

i turn the music off in baldesion arsenal because it's no good

The fuck

I kinda hate how many people the BA discord carried to get this marble.
It's not rare at all anymore.

Attached: Yumeji - Ellipsis.jpg (391x390, 58K)

If you were expecting a glorified 24-man raid to be rare you were setting yourself up for a disappointment.

People keep saying that nobody did Eureka, that Hydatos would be DoA, meanwhile hundred if not thousands of players got their marble.

People were fine way before enrage timers even in WoW. Enrage timers just give vindication to dps roles. More tanks, more healers, more buffers/debuffers/utility (which no longer exist partly due to dps vindication) could be used but NOPE, arbitrary enrage and soft enrage mechanics gave purpose to the 1000+ combat rogues waiting "patiently" outside of BRD/BRS. I want better dps to mean the boss or battle goes faster, not that it means avoiding insta-die time limit.

Attached: ffxiv_dx11 2019-02-26 03-49-47.png (1920x1138, 3.41M)

Trannies aren't people

you sound like an aether tranny
who cares if people joined discord for it, better than pugging with randoms or super secret legend btw club

Is that one of the PvP hairstyles?

Yeah.

Damn, I need 7k seals but queue times are horrible.

Just do daily frontline challenge each day later in the day.

>caring about stats on a glamstick
>caring about stats at the end of the expansion

Please, just remove Wildfire, it's not fun

I need an amusing character name. Post suggestions.

Nabbi Nabbsen

Yaoi Naruto

Chocolate Thunder

Which race are you gonna play?
It's important if you want to be lore friendly.

lalafells arejews

Robot

Attached: this.jpg (605x772, 120K)

Why they though designing a class around a single cooldowm(I guess two if you count the shitshow that is Flamethrower) was a good idea is beyond me. Hell just make Wildfire an untimed dot that can be detonated by the MCH whenever but it only stores 5% of the damage. You'd still need to know phase transitions so you don't waste your wildfire, good MCH would still be good but it wouldn't completly tank your dps if you fuck up a gcd or two.

Yeaj im the rank right before captain, all my guys are level 50+ (but none are 60) didnt know about the squadron missions being a must, so cool, guess i'll do that

Gnotta Gnelf

Attached: 1551886384571.png (420x420, 142K)

Oh hey, a mini version of my Roe.

Attached: ffxiv_02212019_164136_353.jpg (1920x1080, 837K)

When do we get to marry Alphinaud?

Beepboop Bleepbloop

youtube.com/watch?v=p8H1RjjoGKs

I'm not too hyped about this combat stance.

Attached: gunidle.jpg (1532x940, 721K)

One of the beast tribes in ShB is Dwarves. If it's FF IX style dwarves I'm counting on a marriage joke.

Attached: image.png (597x748, 384K)

>Alisaie what are you reading?
>Oh, nothing WoL-kun, just this dwarven magazine I found, Lustful Lalli-ho

The only 2 beast tribes announced in ShB was the pixies and the Numous.

Nope, they said Nu mou, Pixies and Dwarves way back at NA fanfest. The Dwarves are the ones they haven't shown yet, probably at JP fanfest.

Are you getting the CE?

Attached: a452c0154c705ea4230d6a74e20c60c2.png (1254x697, 684K)

Please god let it be IV dwarves.

Already did

Already preordered the digital version.

I'll buy those on mogstation provided I don't drop the game after hitting 80.

You sure that's what you want?
Won't happen anyway, would be too humanoid and viable as a player race to be a beast tribe.

Attached: After_Luca.png (245x508, 165K)

Alphinaud is already my bf.

We're not getting another playable race anyway, so they might as well give us dwarves as they are most commonly depicted in the franchise. With tanks

ELEZEN PRIDE EORZEA WIDE

Attached: 1535762387585.jpg (1912x2500, 3.01M)

Sure

Attached: 1552294296502.jpg (2756x3761, 536K)

give me an elezen wife

Why are there so many trannies playing this game? Is wow like this too?

Why does OO have so many xiv reps?

Attached: IMG_20190311_233136.png (640x700, 581K)

Trannies are a meme. WoW is worse, has always been worse, will always be worse. Au Ra in Limsa have nothing on Draenei in Goldshire.

Wildfire is, unfortunately, the thing that makes MCH stand out from other jobs.

>Trannies are a meme
>5000 words post on reddit from some tranny about how SE support rep deadnamed them by using the name they specified on record

Attached: 1474175121696.jpg (405x270, 47K)

>We're not getting another playable race anyway
I mean, we are, but the male-only equivalent to Viera sure ain't gonna be Dwarf.

old.reddit.com/user/AGayKitten

Bara midgets with full beards.

cant open their image how annoying

nvm i just dont know how reddit works

This all sounds pretty civil. Even the OP. While they're clearly upset with SE's policy and the response they got, they aren't completely flipping their shit.

And then all the top responses are telling OP that SE is not out to get them and that the response from SE is completely reasonable.

>not completely flipping the shit
>ABLOO ABLOO SURE SOURED ME ON THIS GAME BRB GONNA WHINE ABOUT IT TO PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW
Yeah sure.

fucking hell

Attached: your motherfucking life ends six seconds from now 2.jpg (560x770, 121K)

>r/ffxiv
>Second thread down
>"How Do I Cope With Not Having A Vagina?"

Attached: 1549605548519.png (512x512, 382K)

user, you legitimately sound more upset than anyone in that thread right now, including a fucking tranny. Think about that and reconsider some things.

t. a tranny

Without enrage timers, DPS have no responsibility beyond the ones everyone has.
Everyone has to do mechanics. Tanks and healers have to do mechanics that can be handed off to people and aren't assigned by the game, so they actually end up usually having more mechanics to handle (but not always)
Tanks have to optimize defensive cooldowns and hold hate (lol).
Healers have to keep everyone topped off and optimize healing cooldowns and mitigation.
DPS don't have to do anything if there's no enrage timer or DPS check in a fight.

>-55 karma

we're all trannies here or you wouldn't be here

No but they should have DPS checks that can't be cleared if the whole party is doing healer-tier DPS.

Hydatos is dead
Hundreds, maybe thousands of players have a marble. Millions play this game
Pyros has an ~12% clear rate. Hydatos requires you to clear Pyros. It's doubtful that everyone who cleared Pyros finished Hydatos then slogged through BA. 10% of the playerbase having the marble is a very generous estimate. It's not like it's anything special anyway, since it's just an easy 24man except raising is RNG and you need to prep more.

Make some more mechanics that only affect dps, problem solved.

Then DPS only have equal responsibility mechanically. They still don't need to actually try hard on their ROLE. Unless you just throw personal DPS checks into every fight, but that would get extremely obnoxious and repetitive if it was done constantly.

Thankfully most people are not sociopaths

some fights do but theyre just annoyances that target specific people
fuck demonic sand forever

I didn't care who was the hooded figure until now. I seriously hope it's some lizard now just cause G'raha fags are becoming absolutely insufferable.

How come there's 4 to 5 instance up during prime time then?

Because Eureka as a whole is specifically designed to keep the people who do it inside it as long as possible.

>People were fine way before enrage timers even in WoW
WoW never used hard enrage timers because it had such a thing as attrition specifically in the form of healer resources. If you ever healed at a sufficiently high level in wow you'd know that their entire role in raid is about preservation of their resources. Majority of enrages in WoW are progressive soft enrages that put more and more strain on you as a group as fight goes on, so even if there's no real enrage set by the developer, you still have to put out a certain performance to clear before your healers OOM. Now obviously with stuff like 40-man raids it was a bit different because the primary difficulty was just assembling a group of 40 monkeys to even show up, but similar principles applied.

What you're basically saying is that you want to to avoid having responsibility to play correctly while getting carried by healers. Fuck off, that's not how it works, that's not how it ever worked in any game, if you don't need to meet certain DPS numbers then the correct comp would be 6 tanks 1 healer 1 mana battery. Just learn a fucking rotation already you god damn shitter, it takes like an hour.

Attached: tom nook mood.png (525x698, 565K)

>They still don't need to actually try hard on their ROLE
And you think healers and tank do? I mean, it's not like they have time to dps or anything. Oh wait.

>And you think healers and tank do?
THey have to do more than literally nothing.

>They still don't need to actually try hard on their ROLE.

I mean, tanks don't either. Every majort expansion they always buff the fuck out of their aggro generation. Tanking in this game has become such a fucking joke; and don't get me started on healing.

Attached: 1460075367470.gif (254x144, 385K)

Tanks have to do more than LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING you inept retard.

t. never done savage or ultimate

But that's not their role, is it? That sort of was your point.

They have to fucking mitigate busters and hold aggro. Even in easy mode content that's still more than being required to do literally nothing besides not die and do the mechanics that target you.

You fucking dipshit, EVERYONE does more than fucking nothing. If a DPS stops DPSing it's extremely fucking noticeable.

nah because you can just stand there autoattacking or pressing 1 button and nobody will care. See: ice mages. That's because DPS have zero responsibility to perform their role

Jammu Setä

I haven't played this game since 2 months after storm blood. How is WHM?

They buffed it

Ast or sch is better.

Who else here can barely weave a single oGCD because of dogshit latency issues?
It's absically ruled me out of anything but healing Ultimate content and it's been like this since CANADA.

Since you're obsessed with boogiemen that don't play the game, how about those tanks that only use their aggro combo and nothing else

Is it worth reapplying your dots if you get a buff up such as balance?

me until I started using a vpn

>Daystar Sollerets
>Lost Allagan gloves
I'm assuming the chest piece is some pvp exclusive shit because I kinda fucking want it for a similar healer look

Attached: 1514499509938.png (304x226, 113K)

tell me how to do annihilation as a tank

Ultra cucked
They stealth buffed AST by reducing the cast time (but not recast time) of their spells. With how the game works this means AST now has no caster tax and does more personal dps than WHM on top of having cards. SCH is just strong as fuck. It's not the clear dungeon king either.
At least WHM is playable now but it can't catch a break.

Yes, but you shouldn't clip it too much. SO if your dot has like 15s left and balance has 7s left, try to reapply your dot right before balance falls off. There are some exceptions like monk which clips demolish early in ROF and where it's acceptible to clip an unbuffed one early. The general rule of thumb is, if clipping your dot early doesn't shave off enough of its potency that it would have been more DPS to use a regular GCD there, then go for it. For monk, that's at 12s remaining (where Demolish's 70 + 50x2 reaches the same potency as Snap Punch's 170 potency). For something like AST, that would be ~15s (5 ticks of Combust II is 250 potency, a malefic III is 220)

Nope
Its from the 2016 or 17 summer event with the whole sentai trip.
You can get it in the mog station

It depends
I hope you can do 4d math in your head

to be fair every healer's GCDs should work that way except SCH

>4d math
You just do some basic arithmetic to find the duration remaining that your DOT becomes DPS neutral then whenever you want to clip to snapshot, look at the timer and see if it's at or below that time

But migitating busters is literally not dying and let's be honest, holding aggro is sort of joke in this game.

everything takes considerably longer if the DPS suck or don't do anything.

Also its not the daystar, they made a crafted version during HW that you czn dye

mitigating busters requires you to rotate your cooldowns accordingly. It's not the same as "don't jump off the cliff or stand in the AOE" which is the baseline responsibility that every player has

Tanks have to tank and do mechanics
Healers have to heal and do mechanics
DPS have to do mechanics
Of course, DPS checks and enrage timers solve this issue.

Right, but without enrage timers or DPS checks, your DPS can do literal nothing and you will eventually clear.

let's say i suddenly feel like getting the ozma mount, how long would that take me? do i need to farm elemental gear first or something? how is organizing with discord nowadays?

Attached: 1501954204783.png (449x642, 500K)

I was hoping we were getting Garlean-style gunblades and armour so I'm not really hyped for anything about Gunbreaker. I'll probably end up leveling it just to compare it to other tanks but unless it's got more surprises up its sleeve it's not as cool aesthetically as WAR or DRK.

That's even worse, I'm not paying any more for this game than the sub and expansions already make up to.
Oh, alright. I forgot you can't dye 'em like that.

>no nose
I never understood this decision, all the characters look severely off without noses

How far into Eureka are you? If you haven't done any of Eureka yet, it's going to be about 100-300 hours.

I agree
I despised AST before and now it feels great

There'll most likely be Garlean style fending armor in ShB as well as Garlean-lookalike gunblades even if they can't fire projectiles.

The only compromise is the battle stance not being Gaius'.

i don't get it whats your point. are you just jerking your dick off because you're managed to be better than the average player?

Attached: chiakithinkies.png (250x250, 50K)

Read all of the reply chain, dipshit.

I finished Hydatos and I'm basically a naked level 60 right now when it comes to Eureka

You don't need a full set of gear but it helps immensely. You need to look up how to prepare for it and then join a group looking to do it. It's not like it's hard content, it's on the level of a mid tier 24man.

You mean you repeating that a half dozen times in a vague attempt to prove an irrelevant reductionist point?

No, I mean the fact that this entire discussion is about why enrage timers should exist, you fucking retard.

Not hard, but doesn't forgive mistakes either.

I'M COMING G'RAHA, WAIT JUST A LITTLE LONGER. I WILL OPEN WIDE THE GATES SO THAT YOU MAY PASS

Attached: Cry4.png (311x304, 111K)

Right, but since it's not hard, it's not hard to not make a mistake so long as you join a group who's looking to do it and know what logograms you need for your role and what your role is.

>tank bunny fates in pyros because there isnt any other tanks for some reason, just about 20 rdm and maybe a healer or 2
>dont even get a bunny after it without getting any healing from anybody else

what the fuck game, why do they get easy street

You need to get some logograms so you can have specific logos actions when in BA (which ones depends on your role). The elemental armor does give nice buffs to your stats but is ultimately unnecessary, especially if you let others carry you in regards to dps. You could drop some gil on the market board to get the materials to trade for the Kirin's Osode of Whatever/Vermilion Cloak of Whatever, those give stats in Eureka too. Join a group planning runs and just b urslf.

That's weird.
Why do you sound like a butthurt single job player bragging about how tanks are 1 degree harder than damage dealers then?

Oh ok. I'm sorry.

Attached: 1526800868059.gif (886x885, 259K)

Don't bother doing bunnies in a full instance. It's just wasting your time. Even when bunnies are guaranteed you get garbage 95% of the time.

The official forums are baffling to read. Especially the furious buckling down of the male Viera fanbase against the incoming genderlock and buff lion men instead of te twink bunnies they dream of.

Attached: l2grpzauxe9212.jpg (766x486, 527K)

Are you fucking stupid? The discussion is about why enrage timers/DPS checks should exist, and it's so that DPS players have the same amount of responsibility as the other half of the party. The fact that I play a DPS has nothing to do with that, stop being a fucking retard.

I like enrage timer of the first boss of Dun Scaith, the longer it takes the harder the fight gets until you wipe.

Reminder.

Attached: chrome_2019-03-06_18-35-49.png (991x166, 41K)

Which one?

is there a limited amount of bunnies or what, i can never tell

I think in Pyros it used to be around 20, but I feel like in Hydatos it's more.

Mudfish. It has a mode where it spoofs inputs through a proxy so your weaving works like you have 0 ping (most of the time), it made monk playable for me after years of smashing my head on the keyboard whenever TK or FoW decided to not go off

Post some screencaps of them, I want to have a stock of people to laugh at.

Not that I care much for it since I'm fine with genderlocks for races but they had to have known it would be a point of contention right? Like I recall Mithra being female only a point of contention before. They had to have known, right? They had to have known if they caved with the previous genderlocked race they would complain all the same, right?

Yes it's a limited number. If more people clear the fate than the max number of bunnies then they are just given out randomly.

Sure bud

see you stupid faggot

I heard warriors do a lot of damage in there, can I join as that in a DPS role? It would be nice and braindead

You can resize it

But it's the same size as an egi

Yes, they obviously know. This is why they were so extremely careful to avoid all mention of male Viera at Paris fanfest. If they truly had no clue they would have just announced the genderlock then and there. They're saving the announcement until Tokyo because they hope that announcing Hrothgar will help soften the blow.

Why they went ahead with a genderlock despite knowing it would be poorly received is probably on Yoshi. If his interviews are anything to go by, the guy just has some autistic aversion to male bunnies and is probably imposing his will on the entire team. Either no one there has the balls to tell him he's making a mistake, or they do and he just doesn't care. He probably thinks that people will get over it or that they'll understand his position of "male bunnies would be dumb".

I’ve seen it happen before, but it really depends on if your party leader is chill enough to allow it; for context, one person from each full party is considered a “leader” (if we’re discussing the BA discord), and they’re in charge of getting their group together using the bot as well as making sure proper logos actions are taken.

to be fair, he's not wrong about male bunnies.

yeah when i see a male bunny i just shoot it for being dumb

Yoshi-P seems to have a fixation on male needing to be tough and/or mosntrous and female needing to be cute and preferably petite.

Attached: FFXIV_PUB_FANFESTIVAL_2019_PARIS_15.png (2000x1500, 1.66M)

I don't really care to play one either way, but it's totally up to how they're implemented. They're calling all the shots, it's not like they couldn't make something decent. The sticking point isn't really male viera themselves, it's doing a genderlocked race at all after they went out of their way to remove genderlocks in 2.0. Plus Viera are a race that's existed in FF for a long time, and since there's never been an official depiction of the males people were really hoping to finally see them. It's stupid of them to think that male Viera would be too silly/weird to be popular because for one if they were too weird then that's entirely on them, and also because no other male-only race they could implement would be as popular simply because Viera have history in the franchise and thus pre-existing demand.

He probably thinks it's not that big of a deal because it isnt. People will bitch like they do about everything but in the end the genderlock isn't going to cause some mass exodus or rioting. Just a bunch of complaining.

>Watching DRK cutscenes because people keep saying how good it is and I skipped it at first
>Mfw nothing makes sense and there's a ton of missing dialogue in the journal entries

Attached: 1545428981634.jpg (512x512, 83K)

Bullshit on the claim that no other male race would be as popular. Au ra came out and weren't viera and are one of the most played races.

You did yourself a disservice by skipping the cutscenes in the first place.

People will probably get over it sure, but it's not really inspire confidence in a company to actively do shit they know will make their users unhappy when they could just as easily have done the right thing instead. Male Viera are just a single minor point in the grand scheme of things, but it shows they don't care about what their playerbase wants and will continue to do dumb shit like limited jobs and Eureka

Female au ra are.
There's more male elezen and lalafell than au ra.

Not adding male bunnies seems like an insanely unnecessary PR disaster.

t. part of the 50%

Within the context of this game, that's all true, albeit you're missing that tanks and healers are also in charge of dealing damage as well. So, to be more specific, the enrage timers exist to give DPS a role because Tanks/Healers can kill anything with enough time.

Although, I think the argument in its entirety is just as shallow as the Trinity itself has become. You can argue any of these roles has little responsibility just by tweaking a few mechanics. You can either get rid of DPS and give Tanks/Healers a more "complex" damage system, or add a cart/potion system and make everything DPS. Slippery slope in combat role design is real, and this pretty much where we ended up; where everyone is barely clinging on to relevance.

tfw no legend title to show off in eureka

Attached: 1537111865098.png (522x445, 96K)

Adding low effort bunny race that isn't even from ffxiv doesn't inspire confidence either. There are plenty of players who would rather have legit anything else than dumbass bunnies that look like shit we already have multiple times over.

Also implying male viera is the "right" thing. That's mighty subjective.

Head pats with Khloe when?

Attached: 1499008488254.jpg (766x1200, 104K)

>when they could just as easily have done the right thing instead
>wanting to be lore accurate is the wrong thing

What the hell is wrong with you male Vierafags

10 days

Attached: 1489606134390.png (681x526, 32K)

lore accurate like male miqote

>Ozma mount has generic mount music instead of Ozma theme
missed oportunity

this shit again
male cats are low numbers but a lot of them are adventurers
Male viera are never ever seen by outsiders

>citing lore accuracy in the same game where you'll soon be able to ride around in the regalia from FFXV
>citing lore accuracy in the game where they flat-out stopped trying to weave cameos from other games into the narrative in a logical and satisfactory manner a long time ago, instead just opting to transplant stories wholesale and give them an MMO dressing
>citing lore accuracy in FFXIV at all
Look I have no horse in this race at all but I just wanna point out how stupid this is.

male cats were exactly the same as viera in 1.0 and are in smaller racial proportions to their females

This is the logical conclusion for all role/encounter design in MMOs like this. It all traces back to a single point: the final, ultimate, unequivocal goal of all battle content in the game which is "make the enemy's HP reach 0". No matter how well you tank or how much you heal, it doesn't help the boss's HP reach 0, except in the sense that you survive to keep doing damage. DPS is the only thing that's non-binary. You either tank the boss sufficiently or you die. You either heal sufficiently or you die. You only need as much tanking and healing as is necessary to survive and any extra is basically just wasted. Any spare effort can and should be directed towards damage because once survivability is accounted for the only thing you can further optimize is making the boss's HP reach 0 faster. Not only does it save time but it makes everything easier because the sooner the boss dies, the less mechanics you have to do and therefore the lower the chance of someone fucking up, which makes the chance of clearing greater.

Sure you can tune it so that more tanking/healing is required but ultimately you will always run into the same problem, you still only need as much as is required to clear and no more, because mitigation and healing is not the final goal, damage is. No matter how many roles you add, how essential you make them, or how much they need to devote themselves to that role to clear, you can never get away from the problem of "make the enemy's HP reach 0" in any meaningful way. Especially because in an MMO the players will progress and get stronger, thereby gradually reducing the amount of time/effort they have to devote to any kind of specialist role for any given encounter.

male cats never mystical creatures like male viera

>MAH LORE NIGGUH
>A literal car as mount
>Yokai Watch
>Garo
>Dragon Quest
>Fucking Nier
>AN ALLAGAN SMARTPHONE
>"no you can't have that because we need to respect the lore integrity dude!!!!"

I'm not even a male vierafag but denying content because MUH LORE is just fucking dumb in this game. Lore accuracy was thrown out the fucking window

Attached: [Heavy Metal].png (906x905, 924K)

Do the devs not write the lore? Is XIV's lore enshrined in some ancient tablet somewhere?

It's clearly the right thing as it's the thing that would make the majority of their players happy. Obviously there's always going to be malcontents like yourself who will take issue with everything the devs do no matter how anyone else feels about it. You can't please everyone but you can at least generally avoid antagonizing people.

The whole, "I'll just watch it in the inn room later" thing has always been a terrible idea. You miss all kinds of context from the fights, as well as NPC dialogue in between the actual cutscenes.
Hopefully New Game+ will solve the issue.

I honestly can't wait for saltmine either way once JP fanfest comes.

>non canon shit
and nier is just going to be allagan

>would make the majority of their players happy.
[Citation Needed]

No, it's going to be the people who created Omega

They've rewritten Ivalice, FF13 and 15, all of the Crystal Tower raids, all the various events to fit into FFXIV lore, what's to stop them from rewriting male viera or any race at all to be playable? This "BUT THE LORE" excuse is retarded

All of the crossover content is non-canon so far. The only thing in that list you have is the allagan phone emote.

This. Eureka or the utter rape of BLU or gender-locked races on their own wouldn't phase me, but getting them one after the other like this just keeps pushing me closer to the edge of unsubbing.

Castrum Meridianum and Praetorium are just badly designed.

See Most of it is just "MUH ALLAGANS" or "ALTERNATE DIMENSION OR SOMETHING LMAO" they forced so many things yet nobody complains about that because it was """rewritten""" to fit the game's lore even though it sucks major dick

Are you legitimately retarded? The lore was created to justify the lack of male Vieras, not the other way around.

who even cares about male characters desu

You can literally /pet her right now.

fags

Roughly 50% of the entire game's playerbase does.

Male characters are the last bastion of non-trannies. While a few trannies do play male characters, literally all female characters are played by trannies.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

What will the next ultimate fight be?

>8man raid
>final boss of the expansion
If there's a pattern, it will be Alexander followed by Thordan

>Brite justice ultimate

Attached: IMG_20181110_195629.jpg (1117x1117, 141K)

Just look at any place where the topic is discussed. You don't even need to tally numbers, the difference in feedback is overwhelming.

Of course when I say majority I'm referring to the subset of people who have any stance whatsoever. In a game like this roughly like 60-70% of the populace flat out doesn't care about anything and is fine with whatever decision gets made. This is why that whole point Yoshi made about BLU where he said "70% of feedback is positive" is laughable because 70% is basically the minimum amount of positive feedback you'll get about any change that isn't actively shitting on players (like Greed Only rolls).

The goal of making decisions for a game like this is to please the people who actually care since they are basically a thermometer for the way the whole playerbase feels. The whole "vocal minority" argument is a fallacy and always has been and all you have to do to see that is look at WoW and how Blizzard cries "vocal minority" whenever there's backlash about their decisions (which is always) and yet sub numbers and player satisfaction with the game just keeps dropping.

>Ultimate Judgement of the Creator
>Ultimate Knights of the Round
>Ultimate Triad

Attached: 1548084214958.png (358x374, 115K)

They explicitly said something like "Thordan is highly requested and we can see how that might be fun" in a recent interview somewhere so like 90% chance it's Thordan.

What's a good realm to start on that's populated?

Lore innacurate would be going to their forests and burn them and not having them trying to fuck up our shit.

>realm
>WoWfugees aren't real guys stop making up stuff!!

Balmung, you will fit right in.

Thordan fight will be called Ultimate End

How?? How can running the same 24 man each week for gear that is already outdated and looks like shit possibly be any fun for anyone? The loot model and glamour scene in this game is so saturated that nothing is ever valued, ever.

>phoneposter

I don't disagree with this at all, but I still find this design theory to be massive laziness on the developers end. I'd further add that this type of design also exist to streamline combat encounters, where you can create new environments easily by only tweaking a few numbers. As well as cutting down on the balancing of classes in these environments if all their goals are practically the same. It makes for a more consistent game, sure, but the grand scheme of combat becomes far more linear.

And while true adding more roles does nothing for this design, I believe, ironically, this came about as a necessity to address multiple combat-roles. In past eras, DPS wasn't a real role as much as "utility" was. That is to say, classes themselves often determined the way a fight would play out because they specifically offered something that would counter or check a particular enemy. The caveat was that most classes became undesirable in certain encounters, and this displeased players who were class-locked per character creation. Strangely, XI and XIV solved this issue by allowing multiple classes per character, but XIV still went the route of the more rigid, focused design. Which I can only surmise was out of wanting to streamline content creation/balancing.

I digress on that part and don't hold it against the game, but the thing that bugs me the most is that these types of games still latch onto RPG philosophies despite making strides to move away from their formulas. Again, you could argue that tanks/healers can be eradicated and 80% of the combat mechanics can remain intact, but why so desperately cling to the formula? It just leaves the game in a middling genre, when I feel it can accomplish more by either fully embracing or abandoning older MMO mechanics.

Some people actually have fun playing games and not just the dopamine spikes from getting rewards.

Some ilvl400 Scaevan pieces are BiS

Thordan
Alexander
Kefka+Warring Triad
Omega mk2 and Neo Shinryu

Why ff14 is the only decent mmo on the market?
Why no one else makes p2p mmos?

>Why no one else makes p2p mmos?
Because they can make battle royale or gacha games instead.

f2p mmos are more lucrative and require less content to keep relevant, that's why even p2p mmos have cash shops, that's where the money is at

Will Limsa/Uldah/Gridania ever be 1 zone again...

>Tfw Greg lied to you
He promised me a weapon for beating him damnit.

Mock me if you wish but I like that at least some games are still sticking to the brainless DPS formula. I like having some games that I can just press a few buttons in a sequence to do cool shit and damage bosses. Not every game has to be fully involved.

HOWEVER, raiding/endgame content should absolutely be too hard for shitters like me to compete in, otherwise the people who do like being hardcore won't have fun, and it'll feel like Jorge's mom is breathing down their necks.

>Still no dress-up Alphinaud minion
What the fuck

While pre-purchasing Shadowbringers I noticed the details said "new jobs, a new race" ect ect. Which leads me to believe there's only one new race...

They better push out one real soon since he's gonna transform into Oberon and we'll have to kill him alongside Alisaie who transforms into Titania

Why is it always the barafags causing shit while the twinkfags are just waiting for the next fanfest?

It's called "cope"

>No Zenos minion either

Congrats you now realize macho, muscular gays are worse than feminine, skinny gays

>no Asahi minion

>They're saving the announcement until Tokyo because they hope that announcing Hrothgar will help soften the blow.
Announcing a "bara" race with the gender lock will actually enrage the elevens.
They will just consider it western pandering shit.

The reason why XIV goes with the whole "you can be any job but you only ever need to be one" is just out of deference to casual players. They don't want to force people to level multiple jobs if they don't want to, they consider it more important to let people stay attached to the aesthetics and playstyle of a particular job, to let people have mains and gear up the jobs they want. To some extent it is a "roleplaying game" after all, there's value in letting people express themselves instead of just having all the content be a problem to be solved.

As for why games cling to the trinity model, it's because the MMO genre is founded on the idea of co-operation and teamwork. There's just something intrinsically satisfying about putting together a band of misfits with different skillsets and having everyone support each other and complement each other in different ways. That idea has become blurry over time but the basic idea is still there with things like role requirements.

Damage is just such a fundamental, inextricable part of basic gameplay in basically every game that all you can really do is work around it. In my ideal MMO there would be no such thing as a "pure DPS" role or class. Instead everyone would have some kind of crucial specialist function that they are required to use to make progress, but dealing damage is simply everyone's responsibility to varying degrees.

Are you guys sure? I feel like I've seen those around

>Got enough minions for all the achievements
>Got enough orchestrion rolls for all the achievements
I want to collect them so bad but after I got the cheevos I just lost all interest
NEW REWARDS WHEN YOSHIDA??

This right here is why I quit. This is why your 24 mans fall to shit after the first few weeks and Experts are not even worth running anymore over Eureka for tomes. You have a player base that knows how to play, and works hard to help others and another player base mixed in that is looking at the pretty colors and flashing lights.

Can't believe most of cats have that disgusting face.

Kys faggot tranny.

>Mfw want to collect all minions/rolls/mounts
>Mogstation/Special event exclusives
For fuck's sake

>clenches fist

Embrace true autism

Attached: cards1.jpg (534x522, 98K)

>Win once every 5 tries
>Card has crazy drop rate
I dropped TT real hard. Miss me with that gay shit family

I don’t understand Triple Triad. How the fuck do you play it? I always lose against the NPC’s superior cards.

With the amount of effort the dev team is putting in this and the fact that everything ison the mogstation, this game might as well be b2p

I trust nothing is amiss friend?

You have to start out playing shit tier NPCs and gradually building up your card collection so you can acquire/use the better cards. You won't get far if you just pick up the starter deck then go over and try to beat Lewena.

You don't want for this game to become b2p, it would be a lot worse.

I have 189 cards and I gave up when I tried to beat some retard in the Enclave. I have one deck that is literally just the "optimal" deck that the game automatically makes for you and another deck for when lower wins against higher. Should I be making my own decks or is the optimal option good enough? Also please share your decks

Attached: 1546095850745.jpg (750x912, 74K)

Is there a shortcut to this somehow? Can I just get OP as fuck cards anywhere?

>tfw only 225
I got almost every NPC done (need to do Hildy quests to unlock one) missing a few HW dungeons and the rest is SBdrops from trials etc.

Don't forget pvp season exclusive mounts that only 100 players per data center can get and that are no longer available after that season ends :)

What's the rarest non-cash shop mount right now?

Make an elemental deck or the one that increases all your cards by +1 when a card of the same type is played. Accending I think it was called.

Those kind of people are most likely to quit xiv. At best the fights are static puzzles. Beat them once and they're solved. It's not really a game that excercises other skills like reflex. Only thing will change is your party's competency. There really isn't a good gameplay hook too keep you coming back over and over.

You also forgot the reload mechanic and heat gauge, still different from other jobs.

You can get some from trials/dungeons, you can use arrtripletriad.com/en/cards to track them, if you want you can spam every old dungeon until you get every card from them that's what I did, I even went through the horror of praetorium (with unskipable cutscenes) to get the fucking card since the NPC never drops it.

probably night pegasus or the hoh horse

The PvP top 100 exclusive mount, literally only 100 in circulation but that's kinda cheating. The Pegasus one from 2000 mentor roulettes is up there alongside the white magitek gorilla from Rival Wings

HoH horse?

Guessing the dodo he means, unless there's something else?

You get it for clearing HoH 4 times

Cards drop from all kinds of stuff, not just TT NPCs. You can get them from dungeons, raids, trials, eureka, fates and buy them with MGP. At first there's a limit on what kind of cards you can use, once you hit 30 total cards you can use as many 2-star cards as you want, and once you hit 60 cards you can use as many 3-star cards as you want, so you need to build up something of a collection too.

I don't have a SS of my decks on hand. I basically have two "optimal" decks which are just 3-star cards with 8s on adjacent sides and no type so they're immune to Ascension/Descension (such as Hilda, Ysayle, Estinien, Lucia, The Griffin, etc) plus a 5-star card of my choice. Not all 5-stars are equal, you typically want one with at least 9 or A on 2 sides. One thing to consider is you should put your 5-star card in the 2nd to 4th slot instead of the 5th, so that if you run into the Order rule you'll always get to use your 5-star card even if you don't get the first turn. Don't put it in the first slot because then you'll just end up wasting it on the Order rule.

My other decks are one for the Reverse rule, one for the Ascension rule (which is all Primal cards) and one other semi-optimal deck that uses 7/8 on two sides instead of 8/8 which makes it harder for NPCs to counter me with the Plus rule.

You get a horse for free for owning the empyrian necklace, bracelet, earrings, ring
I also forgot about astrope, the 2 seaters you get from doing 2000 mentor roulettes

oh pvp are the rarest, because they are limited trash
do the feast Xxddd

I guess, but there is plenty of stuff to progress as long as you're open to it. If you don't set other goals for yourself, If all you care about is ilvl then sure XIV becomes a miserable, boring experience pretty quick. Especially because ilvl is ephemeral and gets reset every 7-ish months. But in that case XIV really isn't the game for you.

What rewards should they add for the ng+ mode?

This horse.

Attached: ffxiv_dx11_2019-01-26_22-13-58.png (1893x1080, 2.3M)

1 more specialist slot every time you bring every crafter to max level and drop them back to 1

What the fuck, Yda (Lyse) already exists in that game.

Attached: GWH287d.jpg (489x290, 22K)

>2 star card
>Don't get it after 10 wins
Why are the drop rates so fucking fucked? JUST GIVE ME THE CARD

I just hope we're getting some good looking gunblades for Gunbreaker.

Attached: final_fantasy_viii_gunblades_by_ezekdesigns_d8gr32x-pre.jpg (752x1063, 61K)

>purposely seek out places where people upset about something gather
>wow everyone is clearly upset about it

Attached: 252352646.jpg (277x488, 37K)

The only gunblades that look good are the garlean ones.

the default one from the art already looks like a good reimagining of the revolver from 8.

Should I use shad free phantasia to re roll into bunny girl or cat tomboyish girl?

>expecting free fantasias
Sure thing goyjin

back during 2.0 we used to play the "catgirl" game, we would go into a populated area and spin the camera and see if we would land on a catgirl with heterochromia, the spiky sonic hair, and a japanese sounding name...
we won like 75% of the time kek

What server in primal has me having the best chance of getting a house?

Was promised together with sb2 announcment though
It's not wow, no one makes alts to play as a another race

European bros when are they shutting down our servers? Nobody plays here

No free fantasia has been announced as part of Shadowbringers, collector's edition or otherwise.

Too bad it looks like a plastic toy in-game.

Attached: FFXIV_PUB_FANFESTIVAL_2019_PARIS_07.png (2000x2667, 2.48M)

No such promise, no announcement as part of preorder or CE bonus. You want Viera/Hrothgar, you need to buy a fantasia.

Could be worse

Attached: 33d6b3088f708ca8e140e9cf57445039ce609d52.jpg (600x600, 97K)

Yes, they're creating 2nd DC because EU is dead.

Promised where, based retard?

Attached: 1254262209103.jpg (700x875, 144K)

>m-my dad told me!

Even if you make the assumption that no one ever voices their opinion except to complain (which isn't true) you can still get a feel for how much support any particular change/addition has by looking at the relative volume and intensity of complaints.

>play team based game with predefined roles
>everyone always spend all their time jacking off to their own role and claiming no one else does anything important

Nah, hard-enrage timers are a really lazy mechanic that gets used too much. There are many other ways you can make dps/speed important. For example, a fight that keeps escalating gradually by having the boss get stronger or the party get weaker every minute, or by breaking part of the arena, that's much more interesting than "oops, now the boss suddenly casts a spell that kills us all because we've been fighting for too long". Such options also open up for ways to interact with that mechanic by letting players delay its progression.
Mind you, not saying you shouldn't use hard-enrages at all, but having them in every fight when you could be doing so many other things, that's boring and uninspired design.

anyone with a brain will be able to see it'll cause a pr shitstorm right before expac release and ensure that every single Q&A will have WHENS MALE VIERA/FEMALE HROTHGAR??????
theyre pretty much going to end up making more work for themselves because of it

>every single Q&A will have WHENS MALE VIERA/FEMALE HROTHGAR??????
I'm going to dread every single fucking event from now on exactly because of this. It's going to be asked EVERY TIME.

Fuck niggers

Please no, I want to clear when I pug

Attached: ohno.jpg (481x448, 56K)

Attached: 1547073704839.png (828x812, 2.58M)

Dun Scaith had a boss with enrage timer and it worked out fine.

Gibs Medat

I know that, but the pugs I've been getting lately were so terrible I dread having enrage timers in 24-men.
Did you know Glasyia in Syrcus tower had a second phase? Me neither, but apparently the last group I had absolutely wanted to see it.

>Did you know Glasyia in Syrcus tower had a second phase?
Brah what

The jump pad phase was actually fun and Yoshi's refusal to implement any kind of ilevel sync on lvl 50/60/70 content is fucking criminal.

Usually for a few months alliance raid groups are decent, but trying to do them after half a year or when no one is doing them is suicide because you're bound to get mouth breathers.

did you guys not play the content when it was current?
were not talking about the post nuke explosion phase are we?

>being HWbabbies

Did you think those jump pads in the back were just for aesthetics?

You know those platforms on the sides with launchpads?
You're supposed to use them during the intermission between first and second phase.
Even then, you can only get to the second phase if your dps is fucking abysmal.

I wouldn't mind good ilvl sync, but only when they give us back old skills and rotations.

The new Rival Wings has a fast queue time still

Why don't you have a 10/10 Japanese cosplaying girlfriend that plays FFXIV user?

Attached: FFXIV Players.png (1800x1810, 1.58M)

You're never getting that, and I don't see why you would consider that a requirement just for no longer outgearing every dungeon by like 80 ilvls. The lack of actions in lower level content is a completely separate issue. All I'm asking is that they set an ilvl sync along the lines of + 30. There is absolutely no good reason the mechanics of all old content should disappear just because it wasn't at the absolute tail end of its respective expansion.

>beautiful girl plays as a fucking catboy
how fujo is she?

Can't wait for all you redditors to get btfo on this stupid graha tia crystal tower bullshit.

She's live and I'm watching her stream and yea she's pretty ugly friend. It's just make up and camera angles.

Attached: 1551678280816.png (1696x958, 1.91M)

She's actually pretty fucking cute without any makeup, are you blind? Her voice is fucking garbage though it sounds like she tries way too hard to be anime uguu kawaii

Sorry friend, you've got bad taste. Here's a better one.

youtube.com/watch?v=aodIrvooD6w

Attached: 1526696637731.gif (277x405, 2.37M)

>Virtual Youtubers

That's unfair 2D > 3D god I wish I knew Japanese so I could play on the JP Data Center instead

This woman is like 5 nothing and im like 6'2", i wouldnt want her to get IMAGINE'd to death

And here's another random Twitch streamer from Korea. Didn't know so many girls played male characters.

Attached: Worst Korea.png (1920x1080, 3.93M)

Imagine unironically being a weeb and cursing yourself for not being part of the superior nihonjin data center full of people that hate your guts
Wew my lad

>beautiful

What the fuck are these standards

>Didn't know so many girls played male characters.
It's clearly because they are gay

I have 2 girls in my FC and both play male characters.

Imagine getting nuked twice

Fuck gooks

Attached: 1551535096276.png (600x600, 200K)

>not having yellow fever

literally just make her wear makeup 24/7

My guilty pleasure is watching GoldenTot and I hate it.

That's how I felt when I kept learning all the girl characters were played by guys.

>Being a slant eyed chink in current year
Lmao

Attached: 1546019256841.jpg (640x640, 62K)

>implying Titania isn't Alphi already

Or you can have standards.

Attached: Mouse is over.webm (750x420, 2.6M)

Was it your first MMO? It's always a man behind female character until proven otherwise.

True words

Attached: 1543585034846.png (900x900, 90K)

Thats not the way I see it since WHM still literaly has the highest burst DPS and is the best for dungeons. People seem to pretend Thin Air doesn’t exist.

If you ask me SCH is the best sustained DPS and worst heals
AST is the worst DPS overall but better sustain than WHM and cards
WHM is like the crutch healer with the biggest amount in heals and the biggest dps, and the best mana management

In the end none of this matters because the game is so balanced that you can hardly differentiate these three, they play almost exactly the same.

Dont get me wrong i enjoy an asian woman, but no girl likes wearing makeup 24/7, literally none, they'll wear it but as soon as the sweatpants go on, the makeup is deleted

How the fuck do I speedlevel BLU?

>GoldenTot
Uh does he transform into an Apex streamer with a ridiculously bad Chinese accent sometimes?

What little of him ive seen were twitter caps out of context of him posting his ugly ass goblin face and his dicksuckers going "omg haha good looking dude over here damn yowza wew"

If you have a friend, go to a high level area, tag the enemy, and have your friend (not in a party with you) finish it off. Otherwise, just get 1000 Needles and go find a cozy spot to kill shit. Just grinding alone it should only take you a few hours to hit 50.

Nah that ain't him.

I'll be the first to admit he's an ugly looking fucker with a cancerous "fanbase" and he's your typical twitter faggot e-celeb which is pretty funny considering he "maybe" gets 1K viewers when streaming. But he's pretty funny, pretty good at the game and I enjoy his content whenever I catch it. Maybe I'm a faggot I dunno.

He's too much of a memelord for my taste plus he's a cutscene skipper. It's also weird because he's like Mr Happy in that he's a huge shill but also seems like he secretly hates the game for not catering to hardcore raiders.

I don't know why they use lalafell or male catgirls if they want me to care about a character or what they are doing.

>since WHM still literaly has the highest burst DPS
How do I burst DPS with WHM?

Attached: 1551482755785.jpg (385x353, 30K)

Assize

Switch between a level 70 and your BLU. Kill an enemy on Lv 70, then quickly swap back to BLU. Your BLU gets the exp. SE wanted to call this an exploit and make it bannable, but since they won't be able to fix it until 5.0, they said fuck it.

I don't think you'll find any hardcore raider that doesn't hate the game. They're the 1% vocal minority that will cry about anything but keep being subbed every month either way.

this lol i'm a mans man and only care about rockin hot dudes with guns and smokin sexy babes who else is lookin forward to high school?

I unironically think these things about BLU:
>none of the spells are OP enough to make them not be able to queue for stuff just like any other job
>the amount of utility this job has by being able to act as a pseudo tank and healer is genuinely fun and FFXIV should actually not be afraid to make more jobs like this
>the leveling experience is far better than just spamming palace of the dead since it forces you to actually go out and explore to learn your spells, the only difference is that its just tedious rather than engaging and tedious due to how easy trash mobs in the overworld are (and trials in general as well actually).

I cannot believe people think that a game that can only offer an endgame of spamming the same dungeon and 4 savage raids is fun. MMOs used to be about the leveling experience, exploring and actually going to camp stuff and finding new stuff to fight every certain amount of levels keeping the experience fresh. I legitimately think FFXIV can do this without drastically changing the combat and not being afraid to shake up the holy trinity. The only thing holding this back are all the people who want instant gratification.

That's a lot of insecurity user

>Nah that ain't him.
He's a lot funnier than tot due to his accent alone.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/385189-Role-Players-Manifesto
Will you join TRUE roleplaying community?

Wait this actually works? There's enough time between killing the enemy and the game giving you the EXP to switch?

I'm pretty sure the dev team is competent enough to balance BLU's spells to the point where they can be a normal job and do all the content in the game without being underpowered or overpowered.

POM and Thin Air? Also Assize.

WHM has the highest burst out of all the healers, especially in AOE, the only problem is they can’t sustain it for as long as SCH.

Idk where the fuck people are getting that ast has better dps than WHM. I’d say its comparable at most but thin air and POM kinda blow that out of the water for the first few seconds of a fight.

>I'm pretty sure the dev team is competent enough to balance BLU's spells to the point where they can be a normal job and do all the content in the game without being underpowered or overpowered.
Of course they are. But why would they put in the effort when people will defend them anyway?

The game would be vastly improved if every character was replaced with female highlanders.

SCH is actually the best heals because all the potent ones are ogcds and that's what allows healers to dps more. AST should be the worst in damage because of low potency but because of that 1.5 sec cast time on their main nuke and their star they pretty much beat out WHM in almost ever savage fight as the need to spend less ogcds healing.

Fair point. I still hope they "fix" BLU by just adjusting the numbers and effects of the spells and allowing it to do all content.

And all male characters are played by faggots or barafags. You lose either way, I just like making hot sluts I can play around with and jerk off to.

Thats because its a savage fight and sustain matters more. Of course faster casting and less interruptions on healing will outdo whm there, that doesn’t mean that on paper on a perfect situation AST is better than WHM in terms of dps. Like I said WHM is more of a progression/crutch healer anyway, not farm, and the best for dungeons.

Me too user. BLU is my favorite job in the series and it kills me to know I'll never be able to play it except as a minigame. I hope they fix it, but honestly I know the chances are extremely slim and it'll likely never happen.

At least the one thing they did right was let BLU farm massive amounts of Allied Seals to upgrade the mount speed in ARR zones because fuck trying to farm ARR hunts for that.

>all these people saying blu is bad because its a minigame
I still think its far better than what we would have gotten if it was an actual job considering the dev teams retarded philosophy on their holy trinity, balance and combat where they think any combination of jobs should be able to perform similarly.

Nothing about BLU is inherently hard to balance. It's all about adjusting the numbers and I'm sure that with enough testing they could reach a point where BLU is balanced.

>There's enough time between killing the enemy and the game giving you the EXP to switch?
Yes and it works for other jobs as well. The exploit has always been there, but the exp gain was so small, no one ever did it. But for BLU, to help with the leveling process, they buffed the exp in ARR's overworld to make it easier to level. They forgot about this exploit and so you PL BLU to 50 by yourself in just a few hours.

There's literally not a single thing about BLU that can't fit into XIV unless you're autistically trying to port XI's version in.

>Assize
Well, that's disappointing. I've been doing it already.
Also, isn't AST better DPS because it has better mobility? Endgame raiding has you moving around a lot.

Dungeons are irrelevant anyway and all 3 healers have really good AOE anyway. Don't sleep on Miasma 2.

They'll never let it in DF queues because of the chance you'll get someone who is functionally useless because they haven't learned anything or are using a retarded build or whatever. And they'll probably never let it in true endgame since tweaking the few weird/OP abilities it has to be balanced for current content would make it boring to play which defeats the point of giving it a weird ability system in the first place. It's already pretty boring in boss fights if you play it seriously.

I would have preferred if they had just made BLU a standard trinity job but I think the way they did it has the potential to be fine, it just lacks content/reason to do content. Masked Carnival is one-and-done and even when you're still grinding out abilities you just get a level 70 to carry you, you don't get to play seriously. I don't know what they could do to make people actually want to play the job after learning everything.

>I don't know what they could do to make people actually want to play the job after learning everything

By having actual shit to do in the overworld. Right now there's nothing. FATEs? No reason to do them unless you're doing old relics. Leves? Pretty much just used for crafters and gatherers. Sidequests you never did? That's a one-and-done kind of deal.

There's nothing else to do in the overworld and if they want BLU to actually be a thing there needs to be more shit to do. I don't know what exactly but that's why I'm not a game developer, that's their job to figure out.

Also where's our fucking Blitzball? They added in swimming into the game so they can add in Blitzball too.

>the chance you'll get someone who is functionally useless because they haven't learned anything or are using a retarded build or whatever
That's a concern for any person on any job though. You can queue into level 70 content and get a MNK who only uses Bootshine. Or a PLD who has never done their job quests and is missing half their kit. Babysitting the playerbase isn't a real excuse for locking a classic job out of 90% of the game.

I have this weird feeling that opening the gates means linking the worlds in a way different than the Ascians destroying the Shards. By linking the worlds, you can travel to the others, which is where the 5.0 zones are, at the Shard where Minfilia went with the Warriors of Darkness. Isn't it weird how high fantasy they are compared to Hydaelyn?

Then with the worlds linked like that, you could handwave a new race from one of the other Shards. Maybe a muscle cat/lion like the alleged leaks?

youtube.com/watch?v=iqliHj0ccS0

>carried
lol
this is literally the only content where if you suck and die you dont get a reward

please tell me, how do you get carried in it?

do you really want to play blitzball when this game has a 3s tickrate?

Just got to Pyros and I feel completely lost on what to do here for some reason

Exact same as pagos and anemos.

>I don't know what exactly but that's why I'm not a game developer, that's their job to figure out.
This is always the laziest complaint ever. If you don't like something about a game fine but at least try to give -some- kind of useful feedback. Otherwise you're not giving anyone a reason to think you're worth appealing to. It's just
>I don't like this!
>Okay, what would you prefer instead?
>I don't know, that's your job to figure out!
>How about this, this, or this?
>No, I don't like any of that!
>Can you give me any direction at all?
>No!
I'm not saying "don't complain if you can't do better", I'm saying don't complain if you don't even know what you want.

With BLU they need to add some incentive to actually use it in a variety of content. For starters they could let it into PotD and Diadem once its level cap is raised to 60, since there's some stuff people would potentially be interested in farming there. But on top of that give it some achievements with rewards for doing synced content with BLU like special glamours/titles/minions/mounts/emotes for doing X number of synced dungeons/raids/trials as BLU. Give it a relic questline where you need to play BLU to progress. And maybe have some toggle option in duty finder to let people decide if they're okay with being matched with limited jobs so they can at least do some low level roulettes, even if you have to apply some kind of debuff to BLUs that makes their instant kill or certain debuff skills not work if they're in a matched party.

If it worked in FFX it'll work in FFXIV

Should I come back lads? Haven't really played since the beginning of Stormblood since Stormblood was complete trash.

Ahm Araeng seems like a red herring, with the semeingly frozen "flood of light", but there's a Garlean railroad in the background in the Gunbreaker trailer.

The real solution is just to give them a set of actions meant to be used as a cohesive rotation and unlock them from DF once you have that rotation. Then they have all the same infinite amount of future content as every other job. Continuing to make content specific to BLU and other future limited jobs is just wasting resources trying to justify a flawed concept.

Just get carried through nms until you're in the 40s and then you can start doing bunnies in between nms. To progress your weapon and unlock the armor vendor you'll have to craft logos actions. You can do this by identifying and then combining logograms, which you get from bunny chests, lockboxes, monster drops, and nms, or off the market board. Most of them are cheap enough to just buy, but the tacticals are pricy. Eureka-tracker has a logogram page that shows you all the combinations to craft each logos action

Better mobility and less clipping, but they're not even that far ahead of WHM dps on Savage. It's because they also provide the extra party boost with cards.

Cool, thank you.

>Machinist named Driplip Cockdrop

>these FFXIV shill threads literally have become a daily occurence
Alright I'll bite, is this game worth getting back into? Last time I played was stormblood launch and I had a 70 DRK/PLD.

no it's the same fucking game since 2013
if you didn't like then you won't like it now

FFX doesn't have latency because its offline. It's different in FFXIV.

I hope I don't have some fag think I'm a grill because I play a male character. Last thing I need is people whispering me while I'm trying to grind to 70 on every job except healers before shadowniggers. Joining some random FC for the buff was already bad enough.

Attached: 1515992460758.gif (432x288, 1.97M)

>it's the same fucking game since 2013
except with a lot more quality of life additions and content added

Dude Blitzball is practically a turn-based game as it was in X. I take your point but defenders would zoom over from like a quarter of the sphere pool away at times. Having said that though I don't think PvP Blitzball would work very well considering Jecht Shot style shots completely taking out defenders.

At this point did tranny simply become a replacement for poopsocker on Yea Forums?
even though some (many?) poopsockers are actually trannies

Attached: 66565498_p50.jpg (600x822, 188K)

desu I would rather see a theatrhythm mini-game for gold saucer that uses your music rolls. would be easier to implement than blitzball and give an incentive to collect more music rolls especially if they make challenge things for it.

Yeah it might be cool. Now that you mention theatrhythm, I'd like to see some sort of turn-based battle system throwback in the gold saucer, too. Hell, it'd probably be more engaging than BLU.

I don’t understand this mentality. He literally told you what he thinks is wrong and personally i cannot fucking understand how anyone can think the game is fine as is. Do you really think its fun when all the content in the game is literally irrelevant for an endgame player except the latest dungeon, 4 savage raids, 1 trial, and 1 24 man once a week? Heck even for someone doing the story you hardly ever touch anything else other than dungeons to progress the story and sidequests as he mentioned are a one time deal. You literally explore the world ONCE, then you never do it again outside of cosmetic purposes. Moreover vertical progression seriously fucking sucks and kills any sort of rewarding feel this game can give.

That's what Verminion should have been. Turn-based isometric TRPG like FFT/Tactics Ogre just with teams of minions.

The leaker literally got everything right so far. You're just like the niggers that tried denying the BLUfever leaks even after they datamined the BlueAction stock skill.

Just stop nigga.

I agree. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking trying to turn it into a RTS. For one it doesn't work well with controller and two it's way too fucking complicated for this casual playerbase.

I know you think it doesn't count but there's stuff to do in the game besides raidlog. What I don't understand is why people who only want to raidlog choose to play XIV. It's like if you wanted to play a heart-pounding action battle game so you go out and buy The Sims.

>What I don't understand is why people who only want to raidlog choose to play XIV.
I don't understand either. This is a MAIN SERIES FINAL FANTASY game. For the past 30 years people have played this series for story first, combat was the last thing on their minds.

I got the Gold Saucer theme stuck in my head

It's based on an actual arcade game...that has a trackball and reads card positions.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pn2502GwT_o

Matsuno. And if you use even a little brain power you'd realize Yoshi is taking the bullet for him because his position is untouchable so all the crying in the world won't matter. And considering we never saw a male Viera in Matsuno's games either, why everyone thought we'd get one now is hilarious. Adding Viera is a mistake if only because they could just make up any race they wanted and said, lol allagans created it, and had them come from Cystal Tower or something.

I know but that doesn't mean they should have adapted it to XIV. Whole thing basically just started as a joke because of the pun with the name.

To build on top of the thing Krile says. At the very very end of Crystal tower, Nero throws his detector into the pit under CT, when he walks away, you can hear it going off. Giving validity to Kriles statement.
There's literally no reason to deny CT involvement in 5.0. Why would Krile randomly namedrop G'raha and CT out of nowhere.

Attached: IMG_20190312_062951.png (429x231, 65K)

It's possible that it's going to be the new Eureka, if it's supposed to be an Allagan arsenal, especially that it's mentioned by Krile in Eureka.

Won't say it doesn't add to any validity, but G'raha is one of the Students of Baldesion, like Krile.

Mikoto is another - and she namedrops Moenbryda. Wait, and Urianger is coming with us in Shadowbringers. MOENBRYDA'S CONFIRMED TO BE COMING BACK!

Attached: IMG_20190310_113737.jpg (1024x724, 77K)

Moens story was concluded. The tracker thing with Nero was a cliffhanger from 6 years ago.

Hey.. all the scions turned out to be alive after ul'dah.. then.. surely Moenbryda...

Oh.

Are you saying they taught Moenbryda wrong?
As a joke?

It's a neat idea but it's executed poorly in FFXIV. Controller players in Verminion will always be at a disadvantage to Keyboard+Mouse players, it's the way RTS games work. Also this game's audience is more casual so they would get overwhelmed by the sheer scope of the game. This is why MOBAs were made and RTS was discontinued.

the gate is already wide open

Attached: 1550935256397.png (1920x1018, 1023K)

Also it's not fun.

Well, she did defeat Nabriales. She was bleeding, making her the victor.

I want to open wide their gates.

Attached: elves.png (1920x1080, 2.27M)

>theres stuff to do in the game besides raid
Like?
If you said leveling up other classes I would agree except potd is literally the absolute worst most boring way to do this and maxing out a class takes less than a week

it could be the next deep dungeon

Ah yes, I do remember it clear as day how she LB3'd the crack to help WoL escape the pocket dimension and then dunked on Nabriales as all warriors do.

Attached: 1551056362305.png (300x329, 226K)

Thats ugly af and edgelordy besides

>two easily guessable glamour items
>ugly ass catboy returning conveniently cant be disproved until the expansion comes out
10 days

Attached: 1540589864677.png (625x758, 21K)

I actually forgot how quickly and brutally she is dealt with.

Attached: file.png (916x681, 601K)

10 days till you get btfo.

Collect stuff (mounts/minions/rolls/emotes/hairs/cards/bardings)
Glamour
Housing
Relics
Crafting/gathering
Gold Saucer (gates, chocobo racing, triple triad, verminion, mahjong)
PvP
Hunts
Beast Tribes
Logs/achievements
Roleplaying

Like I said I know you don't care and therefore it doesn't count. If you've already finished with all that stuff then damn man maybe try some other games.

My endgame is:

>Helping noobs in Novice Network with their questions about the game and PvE content
>Talking to my Free Company about video games and other news while also helping them do content new or old
>People watching in towns, maybe talk to them or emote at them, and inviting sprouts to the Novice Network
>Make gil through the PvP marketboard

Burst DPS doesn't matter. Burst healer DPS really doesn't matter.
Scholar outdamages White Mage in dungeons with less downtime than the millennium long Ghimlyt Dark because holy isn't actually that good.
White Mage has very few tools to be called a crutch healer. Both other healers have more ogcds. Cure 3 is the only unique thing they have and you should be actively trying to not use it.
White Mage has the worst mp management. Extending lucid with CO and aetherflow provide more mp than Thin Air and Assize.
Stop playing White Mage.

>The good old days of being a dps during that time so you get to sit on Minfillia's chair for half an hour as Moenbryda slowly bleeds out and begs you to rescue single most useless creature in FFXIV
>"I am the capitan now"

Attached: a-ok.png (600x525, 94K)

Also, all those comments about best and worst sustain, dps, and healing would be nice if they're true but they're just not. Scholar is basically the best at everything and White Mage is the worst at everything and Astrologian is in the middle.

Gunbreaker is going to outshine DRK. Just you watch, it's going to be Thancred the Gunbreaker expansion.

They won't even be the same kind of tank retard. DRK will be MT and GBR OT

>Implying Hydaelyn!Minfillia isn't the main villain
>Implying Thancred isn't being a useful idiot for Hydaelyn

Attached: patchy.jpg (600x600, 286K)

m8 one of the classic adages of PR is that upset people are way more likely to voice their opinion than contented people, that alone introduces a gigantic sampling bias if you go somewhere like a forum

That's the dumbest shit I keep hearing.

I bet you believe that dark = good too

They're going to botch the DRK rework. Meanwhile GUNbreaker is made from the ground up to fit Shadowbringer's meta.

GUN will replace WAR and all the WARcucks will cry about it until GUN is nerfed.

The ascians aren't good no. Zodiark itself could be a neutral force just trying to get back with his waifu.

it's more fun and takes more skill than both ultimates and the feast combined, people in this game are just shitters

Is Hydaelyn a demiurge?

Attached: im-going-to-use-my-power-to-create-a-world-1347071.png (500x515, 65K)

Well, they are doing a massive DRK rework, outside of some abilities names it might not be or play the same at all.

You're an idiot if you think the marquee job of the expansion isn't going to have focus priority.