What happened to sword and sorcery vidya?

What happened to sword and sorcery vidya?

Attached: classic-DD-party.png (1440x900, 2.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/629730/Blade_and_Sorcery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>we will never return to western fantasy being developed around actual white people and european mythology.

Attached: 1 keanu.png (400x400, 61K)

too problematic and full of whate male power fantasies.

Attached: DAKKA.jpg (750x600, 192K)

It's called DCSS, and it's way too fucking hardcore for Yea Forums.

Attached: 111.jpg (1831x989, 344K)

ahem

Attached: 0d4fe667aae6754dcf7afbaa6a2849267eebc2e1.jpg (616x353, 40K)

swords and sorcery in general is an obscure genre now, so it's just a given that there aren't many s&s video games
>Fafhrd and the Gray Mouse vidya when

Attached: fafhrd and the gray mouser.jpg (282x475, 49K)

what happened? what do you mean? it's still around buddy

*COUGH*

Attached: geralttub.png (1024x576, 534K)

(((They))) decided it was too problematic and not diverse enough.

>DCSS
>hardcore

Attached: 1534740727751.png (200x296, 112K)

a sword and sorcery vidya centered around south-east asian type of setting would be interesting

When are we getting a proper isekai vidya? They absolutely dominate anime at the moment, so I'd love to see one. Ni No Kuni 2 doesn't count since it's dropped after the first 30 minutes.

isekai is a shit genre filled with blatant wish fulfillment and dumb edgelord characters like einz, so hopefully no one wastes their time making a video game around that concept

I want a Youjo Senki game made by Project Aces. The Devil of the Rhine shtick already fits within their ken.

Attached: 1551858154996.jpg (1024x1297, 149K)

>shit genre filled with blatant wish fulfillment
Yes it is. It's still popular as all hell though. Log Horizon season 1 is unironically great though

how is current western fantasy not european?
majority of works still follow tolkien to the letter

poison is easy mode

Name one thing modern fantasy has in common with Tolkien beyond surface elements.

You reminded me of a dindu nationalist teacher i had in hs that said that tolkien is african literature

bump

>you see a jackal
>you see a jackal
>you see a jackal

current fantasy literature is an inbred mongrel which apes dozens of haphazardly slapped together concepts and doesn't really have roots in mythology like LOTR

have you bought and played The Elder Scrolls(tm) V: Skyrim(tm)? i think you'd like it. we've also got a new game in development, The Elder Scrolls VI. please look forward to buying it

>The Elder Scrolls(tm) V: Skyrim(tm)
One of those probably should be an (r).

(tm)(r)(c)

Serious question, how many of you would like a might and magic 6-8 remake?

When is the next Skyrim coming?

(Fus)(ro)(dah!)

UbiSoft scooped up the rights to rape the carcass so no.

couldn't give even a tenth of a fuck

I'd rather have that than video games made to push political agendas.

Remakes are a waste of resources. A new game in the series might be of interest, but I couldn't give less of a toss about a remake.

This. At most I'd say "Fix it so it works on modern systems" if the game is that old, but not really a remake.

New IP with similar gameplay mechanics? Would that be better?

Is the Witcher not enough? Also, the age of MUH REALISM kind of fuck that up.

I'm sure they already release an Alexa version of it already.

It became sjw & kikery. But also, both fantasy and scifi have always been niche genres because they're too far away from what the lowest common denominator looks for in fiction. However, with how real life technology has exploded in the last two decades, now light scifi suddenly feels like it could very well happen tomorrow, even to normiest of the normie.
Therefore, it's perfectly sensible that scifi has overtaken fantasy in mainstream.

lol

Absolutely. I can't think of a dev today that could do that justice either, but at least it's not impossible.

i wouldn't mind seeing the MM8 character art in HD, but I just know that they'll be toned down or ruined in some way to suit modern sensibilities

Attached: 1520953360113.png (180x133, 50K)

did you know that wizardy and HoMM were actually sci-fi? I wish we could return to real sci-fi.

Attached: 1495745964421.jpg (1600x900, 285K)

Oblivion and skyrim were such disappointments because they never really took advantage of their physics systems. I'm still waiting for a sword and sorcery game that let's you be a spellblade(medieval fantasy jedi_ where you mix a bunch of different spells to leap around and do crazy shit.

>actually sci-fi
It kinda goes both ways, at least in M&M. The Ancients are pretty much gods and I don't remember magic being explained as mere sufficiently advanced technology. For all we know even blasters could be just highly advanced magic wands drawing power directly from the four Primal planes.

This one kinda does it

store.steampowered.com/app/629730/Blade_and_Sorcery/

Not the leaps but you can grab weapons from distance like a force pull.