Anyone here remembers the days when we looked at EA with something other than disgust and contempt?

Anyone here remembers the days when we looked at EA with something other than disgust and contempt?

Attached: 220px-Black_&_White_Coverart.png (220x310, 97K)

Once again, EA didn't develop Black & White, Lionhead did. Like with so many other games, they fund other companies to slave away for them so they can have the right to slap their ugly ass logo on the box so that people will say "Oh man, EA? This is gonna be good". That's how they got so big in the first place. They don't make games. They feed off of others work and take the credit while they parade the corpses of the developers

yes but that was long long ago

Attached: chuck.jpg (640x400, 66K)

Anyone who ever sucked a publisher's cock is an idiot. I don't think any publisher has ever made a decision to the benefit of a game.

but wait there is more
peter molyneux wanted to make further interactions with the pet possible and expand on what the villagers could do but no, EA wanted their game and they wanted it now
the sequel brought in some of the ideas left over from the original game but was basically a rts rather than a outright god game

The last level was even broken they had to rush it out so fast

>doesn't know what a publisher is

Publishers are the adults in the room. Without them every game would be Star Citizen.

60fps m8

Been quite a while since EA got any respect, the whole Westwood depacle was the last straw in my book.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Black and White was one of my favorite games as a kid. Black and White 2 sucked dick. Shame we never get God games anymore that aren't complete horse shit.

What a terrible attempt at trolling

not really. My earliest memories I have of EA are of them:
1. Running Westwood into the dirt
2. Running Maxis into the dirt
3. Running Bioware into the dirt

if star citizen had to deal with publishers it would have been "not elite dangerous: the game"
today self publishing have many merits but if you still want a large platform there is steam or the epic store

You played dwarf fortress?
No?
Play dwarf fortress.

Where is the trolling? Back in the day it was easy to think developers were all doe eyed visionaries who made videogames out of pure love and it was just those big mean publishers who ruined everything by compromising their vision but in the current year we have thousands of examples from Kickstarter, Early Access, etc. of what you get when nobody is around to tell developers enough is enough. You are a manchild if you can't even accept videogames are an industry.

If Star Citizen had to deal with publishers it would be Freelancer, a game designed by the same guy with the same """concept""" (dude what if there was a space game where you can do everything) that was eventually molded into a fun space sim.

Can you move your mouse and grab shit?
NO?
oh geez.

>When actually Peter Molyneux delivered

Attached: 4e4ac841afec42a76ea7393e4b18d39d.jpg (610x347, 198K)

Fucking look at my picture.

This is the one game that would have controls suited for VR.
The spellcasting was kind of frustrating but would be awesome with motion controls.

Back when they were publishers for Bullfrog, NWC and the like, yeah.

When was the tipping point for EA?
Or were they always shitty publishers?

I bought black and white and it was shit. I want my money back

A few years after they bought Westwood I think. RA2 was way too much over the top already because an exec went "herp they liked cheesy vodka balalayka bear so give them 10 times the original dose derrrrp".

Nothing even comes close. Its not fucking fair.

around bf2 for me they murdered the modding community it all was downhill from there

Attached: come on now.jpg (960x882, 59K)

B&W remastered when?

I didn't really notice myself until they killed Spore and drove Will Wright form the industry. I'm still mad

Nope

literally never? even back in the Genesis era, EA was jewing the shit out of SEGA

yep here

Attached: best EA game.gif (653x419, 11K)

>B&W remastered when?
It'd be fucking perfect for VR. I don't understand why it hasn't already been done, or why Microshit didn't do it with Kinect etc

The industry is so hilariously fucking stupid.

No. Lionhead was pretty neat though.

I both love and loathe Peter Molyneux for everything he's ever done.

Wow, fucking cry about it lmao

they changed their brand name from electronic arts to just EA because they know theyre bunch of vampires dabbing on normalshit gamers' wallets and that their business has nothing to do with art anymore.

Yeah and black and white 2 was fucking shit.

Cause lionhead doesn't exist anymore.

Gosh, if only Microsoft had other game developers that it employed to make games.

Bad company 2 came around that time too, it got free maps updates and dlc that todays ea would sell as seprate, full price game.

Attached: ZBe2Sk0.jpg (1068x1200, 194K)

2007 when the money COD and WOW was making brought the biggest greediest scumbags into the industry.

Attached: 1350103274837.gif (400x225, 890K)

>doesn't know what a publisher is
Most people don't understand what a publisher is, but that wasn't his point. You've no idea how many friends I have that see EA logo and think it's automatically a good game because of the sheer amount of times they got bombarded by the logo. You see dev studio logos for their own games, but EA logo is on literally every game they publish so most people automatically associate said games with EA

To be fair, if somebody didn't draw a line and tie Molyneax to a leash to make sure he didn't cross it anyway, no game he worked on would ever have been finished. The guy was innovative and full of great ideas, but he had no sense of business or realistic goals. Guy like that needed a firm hand and deadlines to reign him in.

>What is a spiritual successor?

I'd say the tipping point was about 1996, trip hawkins is gone, when they shifted towards yearly madden releases, shifted away from internal development, and towards "buy and exploit", and winning based on contracts over game quality, like the NFL exclusivity deal..

2007 is when they put in Ricatello, who's background is in snack cakes and pepsi. While not a complete retard, he gave ZERO fucks about good games. His era had probably the biggest turds, and promoted the people who would later go on to make the most asinine, anti player decisions humanly possible.

Definitely a bad time for EA.

HOLD IT
games such as TF2 took much longer than anything he ever touched and was a massive success
peterĀ“s games are often considered classics from the start
in short if peter was given the resources he needs he could do much more good than he has thus far

>the sequel brought in some of the ideas left over from the original game
Dunno, the pet AI seemed a LOT less complex in the sequel.
The game was more of a citybuilder/RTS. Artstyle was shit too.

Yeah, we just saved that contempt for Peter Molyneux.