Who did it better?

Attached: SMT.png (439x308, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHrQitKjS3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nocturne ez

Nocturne babbies don't really play SMT, they just played Nocturne and think they're the most hardcore motherfuckers on the planet for learning to buff. DDS is the superior game.

Someone give me the beginners guide to steamroll through nocturne

This; so much this.

Hard pill to swallow. Both are good though.

There are also many Nocturne cocksuckers that only praise it for brownie points.

I like Nocturne more but this is a solid argument

I've never played any SMT game but i'm interested on doing so. From what i can tell it's Soul Hackers>DDS>Devil Summoner>Nocturne

>DDS is the superior game
No but I can understand why

Devil Summoner was never translated. Are you referring to Raidou Kuzunoha?
Anyway, both Soul Hackers and Raidou Kuzunoha games should be played after you're already familiar with SMT.
IV, DDS, or any Persona games are more preferable as the very first SMT.

Tfw the best SMT games are on playstation

Both games have pros and cons. I slightly prefer DDS because of story and the way skills are learned. Nocturne, on the other hand, has ''normal'' random encounter rate and better OST.
This is definitely the best ending theme in any game. Ever. OK, and Mass Effect 1 ending theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=yHrQitKjS3I
Soul Hacker is pretty damn good game.

I'm just surprised Atlus hasn't milked all their PS2 Classics on PS4 yet, given they did so for PS3.

I like DDS more because I loathe SMT's fusion.

Lucifers Call>Nocturne

>press turns in a game where you can put up party wide null element shields and freely change your skill setups from the very beginning of the game

dds is even easier than persona while still being as much of a DRPG grindfest as nocturne and the other mainline games and its blatantly one game split into two parts via heavy filler

- minmax strength on the main character over every other stat with your level ups
- tell pixie to eat a dick so you get the healing magatama earlier and for free because that and fog breath are the only worthwhile uses for his MP in the early game
- get jack frost and try to spead dark might to as many things as possible
- dont enter the amala labyrinth the first time with a bunch of demons weak to fire
- use ailments on the troll boss
- buy kamudo at ginza and learn focus, also pick up hifumi for tornado and war cry
- pick up a momunofu in ikebukuro and evolve it into arahabaki
- fight daisoujou in ikebukuro and fuse him
- skip through the asakura tunnels instead of fighting the oni until you get to town and can buy nirvana to get spiral viper
- recruit a titania in yoyogi park when you get there
- at this point you can just steamroll the game, the only two pitfalls are the yoyogi park boss is immune to physical and mot can RNG you to death but is weak to elec

where's my raidou 3 featuring dante from the devil may cry series you hacks

>DDS
>SMT
Retard

Strange Journey > the rest

Nocturne => DDS1 > DDS2

>Nocturne baby's only pretend to like SMT by prasing mainline over spinoffs

Attached: 1537990909495.jpg (206x228, 25K)

I like everything about DDS except for its gameplay and dungeon. It's too grindy compared to Nocturne and the dungeons are shit. I'll take Nocturne over it any day.

Is it true I need some new game+ for dds2 super boss? How hard is it compared to Hitoshura?

Why is the dungeon shit? It's literally just like Nocturne's dungeon.

nope

>Persona games are more preferable as the very first SMT
please stop saying this

Not only did I not say that, but sperging out over people saying SMT instead of Megaten is super fucking autistic to begin with. Literally as pedantic as you could get.

Attached: 1440289665540.gif (367x270, 814K)

>Dungeon crawler fans are autistic
Who would have guessed?

DDS is just so grey and monotonous that I had to drop it.
it may be le ebin Yea Forums-core, but the fact that it's a bad game overall remains.

t.bh

Not him but the trap door bullshit is annoying. Not as bad as it was in Persona 1, but still fucking annoying

I like a good number of SMT games, but I thought DDS was really simple and uninteresting. DDS2 was better, but probably just because I unknowingly picked the least optimal party members the whole way through. Every one I tried to build up died early on, so combat was a little more of a challenge the whole way through.

Overall, I think DDS is better. I like the music more, characters (personality and design) are better, plot is much more interesting.

What Nocturne has is the demon mechanics, but Nocturne negotiations are a fucking pain in the ass, as is random skill inheritance. DDS just being better in every other area and having the eating mechanic is more than enough to put it ahead.

>Debisama, SH, and SMT If...
Shit nigga you might have a point

DDS just because it didn't have "party leader death = game over" and only 1 type of instant death move

I like the overworld, alternate endings, plot, style and sound of nocturne way more than I like anything in DDS. I don't dislike it but 2 is FAR better and the whole thing feels monotonous and easy

Persona 4.

>Debisama
Sega Saturn
>Soul Hackers
Sega Saturn
>SMT If...
SNES

You probably didn't even reach the first dungeon, it's understandable, the start of the game is pretty bad.

They do it all the time, it's really tiring to hear all the time. Japanese fans use Megaten because it's shorter than Megami Tensei. There's nothing wrong with Western fans using SMT, it's shorter than Megaten, and much more specific than MT.

Not even the best Persona game. Try again.

SMT if.. has a better version on PS though

I mean they're all technically on Sony systems

Not really. Cover art is the only good part. Most people still prefer SNES version. Japan mostly pretends that PS1 versions never existed.

It was time when Atlus would port their games even on PC.

I prefer Nocturne, but it's really close. Nocturne just edges it for me because the story of DDS ended up veering into typical nonsensical Japanese shit. Hell of a lot to like in both though.

If we're only considering DDS1 then I vastly prefer it to Nocturne. But if we're considering DDS as a whole then Nocturne probably wins out, but barely

Nocturne is literally the greatest game of all time. DDS is just average. It's not even a contest.

The only smt games I've played and beaten are Nocturne and Devil Survivor 1.
Devil Survivor is better but Nocturne has better music.

Nocturne. DDS is Final Fantasy tier of shit

>Devil Survivor is better
just fuck off to Persona already

Digital Devil Saga's overall systems are better. The story however kinda sucks and some dungeons are just lame.

But the aesthetic and presentation of Nocturne is really good and that gives it a much better edge to it

Attached: FEATURINGDANTE.png (444x444, 347K)

PS has a ton of QoL improvements, added Alice, Fiend Battle music, and some other stuff.