Console Master Race General

In this thread we discuss our console setups and how we've been enjoying them. Mustard peasants please refer to your designated containment threads.

Personally I just bought an LG C8, a 120hz 4K HDR OLED tv for my living room, hooked up to my 5.1 surround sound system. My girlfriend likes it just because it's the first smart tv I've ever owned, but I like it because it's made me realize how much better HDR makes literally everything. I have it hooked up directly to my PC (which I really only use for pirating movies and anime), my PS4 Pro and my Switch. As much as Nintendo games have literally never looked better to me before, I've really been loving using it with the PS4. The LG C8 comes with TruMotion, which somehow makes 60fps games look like they're running at an even higher framerate than they actually are, it's a cosmetic effect but it really does make the experience of playing these games much more fun to look at for me. I don't see much reason why Nintendo couldn't at least add HDR support to the Switch or the next hardware iteration. I've been enjoying playing Devil May Cry 5 with this tv immensely, and it's making me want to replay games like God of War, Horizon and Metal Gear Solid V just to see how those games look on this tv, plus my old tv was only 1080p so the advent of 4k and HDR for a lot of games really excites me.

The first thing I noticed about OLED tvs is that when the screen goes black, it's literally "true black", as in there is no backlight. If my room is dark when the screen goes black, the entire room is pitch black. When the sunlight comes through, it looks like real sunlight coming out of the tv somehow. Seriously, how does every TV on the market not have HDR as a standard feature? I honestly can't encourage you guys enough to try an OLED TV. I feel like I'm playing PlayStation 5 games now.

What consoles are you currently using and what kind of set up are you using it with.

Attached: ps4 guy nintendo guy.jpg (1024x722, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/lg-c8-oled-tv-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no mods
>less controller options
>less games
>inferior version of multiplats
>paid online
>not even halfway as versatile or customizable as a budget gaming PC

hi poorfag

>My girlfriend
And they say Yea Forums isn't full of normalfags.

>LG C
AHAHAHAHAHAHA poorfag

Are you one of those lonely virgins that unironically thinks "3d bad 2d good" and sees anyone who has a girlfriend as a normalfag?
Neck yourself

>getting the approval and trust of the NPC females
>not normalfag

Attached: 1533172453795.jpg (686x834, 63K)

Did you even read the OP?

fuck off normalfaggot

Attached: 1551840968351.png (800x480, 197K)

Golly I think I struck a nerve there!

I'm willing to bet you right now my PC is better than yours. And I definitely have it hooked up to both a 120hz BenQ monitor and the LG C8 OLED tv (also 120hz), so I'm 100% sure even if you have dual Titans or something, my PC set up is definitely better than yours. I've simply gamed on PC long enough to realize it truly is in every objective way, the worst gaming experience of all possible platforms, bar none. Consoles always win and always have, there is no changing the absolute truths of this world. The only games that are better on PC (emphasis on the word only) are FPS and RTS games. Every other type of game will always be best enjoyed on a console.

>no mario
>no zelda
>no smash
>no sony GOTYs
>by far the worst platform for fighting games, because PC """gamers""" happen to (spoiler alert) suck fucking ass at any video game genre that takes actual skill
>actually forced to use any controller besides the two greatest controllers of all time, the DualShock 4 and the Joy Con/Switch Pro Controller
>forced to use multiple launchers or pirate games with built in russian botnets
>half the time shit doesn't even work properly or has to be reconfigured

contrast that with this

>press the PS button
>4k HDR OLED tv just turns itself on and goes straight to PS4 input
>surround sound immediately comes through
>just pick whatever game you want and play

there's a reason why the concept of a box that you plug into your tv or home theater system and just use only for playing games is an immortal one that absolutely never, ever will die.

once you get a girl who won't leave you alone you'll realize how cumbersome it truly is. Like you just want to sit down and play video games and all she does is keep pestering you to come watch a movie and have sex with her.

>literally the single best reviewed tv of 2018

digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/lg-c8-oled-tv-review/

Attached: sony war.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

*ahem*
F-FUCK SONY

fuck off tourist

Attached: 1495242405481.jpg (500x1200, 134K)

Do you guys ever wonder if people like actually exist in real life? I mean genuinely retarded people hiding in the crowds?

Keeps me up at night.

Fuck off resetranny.

Attached: 1494352342099.png (670x869, 30K)

They're called children and yes they do exist, unfortunately

I don't know user, I'm a teacher in middle school and honestly most children aren't like this. Like, even the soon-to-be-normalfags (you can tell from an early age) aren't as genuinely retarded as that user.

You know those children who are already falling behind? The ones you can kinda tell aren't going to college? That's OP in the future. Do all you can to help him user. He needs it.

Yes, I do exist. Someone smarter and more successful than you who can also objectively prove they're smarter and better than you. Someone who understands the things you claim to understand, better than you do, and doesn't even care to be interested in it anymore. Someone who has long surpassed everything you are, and only strives for more.

And I want you to not be angry with my existence, envy or fear me or wonder why I exist, because God put me here for a reason: you too, despite your lack of belief in yourself, could one day be as smart as me. My existence is proof of that, because once upon a time, I was as petty and ignorant as you. I've felt your pain, and if I could hug you right now, I would. One day you could actually have arguments and facts to back up your statements rather than just strawmanning and insulting someone because you do in fact, have nothing to counter anything they've said. So even if you don't believe in yourself, I want you to believe in me, who believes in you.

I made it. And one day, we're all gonna make it. Good luck, Anonymous!

Attached: kamina.jpg (750x1000, 241K)

Attached: 1508247821244.jpg (1134x587, 112K)

>t. kissless high-school dropout NEET

PS guy has 1 game tattoo

Attached: 1503653134008.png (186x220, 53K)

based

here's the (You) you so desperately needed!

>120hz
>with 60hz interpolation
>for 30fps games

I feel sick

You see, you're doing it again. A cycle of failure that has actually spelt out the conclusion that is your life today. Before you even see the success of a dream, you first convinced yourself it can't happen. When you see someone truly successful and happy who has done so likely by following the complete opposite philosophies that you have through life, rather than entertain the possibility that that person might be onto something, you simply choose to project that something must be wrong with this person. They can't actually be as happy, as successful or as stable as they appear to be, so it must be some kind of farce.

This is the fundamental problem: you don't actually believe the finish line is there, or that you can reach it.

I work a job I love after graduating with a civil engineering degree, I can afford my own independence and peace of mind. I have a girlfriend who literally texts me all the time to tell me she wants to have sex whenever she can't see me, and wants to do nothing but fuck , eat good food and watch movies or anime any time we're together. So much so that I value deeply the times where she just leaves me alone to enjoy my video games and other solitary hobbies. And it was years of being a pc gamer, buying graphics cards and high framerate monitors over the years that eventually lead me to conclude that nothing was better than a home theater setup with a console, because I simply got sick of trying to enjoy games on the PC I built.

And I want you to understand something. I'm not telling you any of this to brag, I think everybody deserves the type of happiness I've found. But I want you to understand it took a long time, a lot of hard work, soul searching, trial and effort to get to where I am now. And now that I'm here, I only wish more people could see the views I have or feel the way I do. And I know you're not in a place of true happiness, otherwise you wouldn't needlessly berate someone else. I wish you the best.

Attached: views drake.jpg (1000x1000, 180K)

put me in the screenshot

have sex

make me faggot

jesus christ how fucking autistic do you have to be to write this much each post

Attached: 1550992147708.gif (492x376, 337K)

The LG C8 O.L.E.D. is a great TV that I also invested in. Even Switch games look great on them. Games with HDR support in 4K on Xbox One X look unreal. Like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Devil May Cry 5. Honestly I would never go back to PC's for gaming

I wish PC got physical releases.