Can we trust Fromsoft to make a good game after the disaster that was Das3?

Can we trust Fromsoft to make a good game after the disaster that was Das3?

Attached: IMG_5807.jpg (485x600, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X4d0h_PhFu8
medium.com/@atlasmoniz/on-from-softwares-three-projects-924395012bc1
youtube.com/watch?v=oiGPTI06fn8
youtu.be/ipBDs0gnPRg?list=PLoAFmgzYW18I4tfSj1V_48nLaToA8AVrX&t=80
youtube.com/watch?v=Hvb6nJomuXM
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapons
youtube.com/watch?v=mOYNW8t5bkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How was it a disaster?

>Skill trees replace the RPG stat leveling
>Unlockable combat arts
>Two weapons
>Prosthetics that have a range of utilities (e.g. Hyperarmour axe, flame vent), obtained from the world and levels
>Dodges have the narrowest i-frames yet in a From game
>You can jump vertically now, no need to run
>Timing deflects, instead of blocking
>Only parrying mechanism is the mikiri, which is only for thrust attacks
>No stamina
>Posture bar: fully filling up the posture meter by attacking and deflecting allows you to strike a critical that removes all their health, they have multiple revives though
>This applies to you aswell
>Timed deflects do posture damage to enemy, however the posture damage is very little, you inflict significantly more posture damage by attacking and performing mikiri (when appropriate)
>This means you can't just stand and deflect
>Perilous attacks like horizontal swipes cannot be blocked, perfect blocked or dodged through, only jumped over
>Posture bar can deplete over time
>You obtain a revive (gained from killing sufficient amount of enemies), so you can come back to life after dying
>Dying induces a world tendency equivalent in Sekiro called dragonrot, an illness that spreads to friendly NPCs in the hub
>More you die, the less chance of "unseen aid" from these NPCs and will eventually lock you out of dialogue, lose chance to obtain useful items/bars progression
>It is said to kill, expect NPCs to die and affect the narrative
>Multiple (4) endings
>World design is their biggest one yet, opens up significantly, early on. Expect it be like DaS1 level design
>There will be multiple mini bosses before a true boss

Attached: 1552257650781.gif (477x456, 183K)

HE POSTED IT AGAIN

Attached: 1521137320940.jpg (500x500, 43K)

>DSIII
>Disaster
Pick one.
youtube.com/watch?v=X4d0h_PhFu8

Attached: 1538966959756.jpg (1920x1080, 967K)

what drives you?

It's a bland waste of time but it's pretty alright

I started DS3 today. Got deep battle axe and fire uchigatana. Up to road of sacrifice. Pretty gud so far.

>Review embargo lifted
>lowest score is a 97 from Polygon for lack of gender neutral bathrooms
>Common critic paraphrase is "I thought Bloodborne was the pinnacle, and then Sekiro happened"
>All major AAA publishers announce closure now that perfection is achieved

Attached: 1463551262589.jpg (1280x960, 159K)

The only bland part of DSIII is the Road of Sacrifices/Crucifixion Woods. Maybe the Carthus Catacombs if you're a fun hating faggot who doesn't like skeletons.

Attached: Undead Settlement.jpg (2560x1089, 3.23M)

calling it a disaster is an exaggeration. The game wasn't as good a the first one but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's actually a really good game.

where's the torrents?

Stop making these threads faggot. You literally do this every other day. Then the days you're not making these threads you're in threads spitting this same stupid fucking line. "The disaster that was Das3". Please just turn your head to the right until you see nothing but black. It'll be your only worthwhile accomplishment.

Sekiro looks like Bloodborne and Tenchu smashed together. Can't really imagine it not being good.

He couldn't get past Gundyr

Farron Keep (read swamp) sucks

But 3 was excellent and Sekiro will be as well.

>The game wasn't as good a the first one
Because everyone fondly remembers three asylum demons, copypasted taurus demons, capra demons, dragon asses, etc.
I like it but I suppose I'm biased since it's a fun invading spot.

There was absolutely nothing bland about it. Get some taste.

>journalists rating a difficult game well

The whole Farron Swamp area is just shit. Road of Sacrifices/Crucifixion was bland. But other than that, the locales were good. It gets significantly better from Anor Londo and Aldrich onwards. It's like a totally different game.

Attached: Lothric Knights.gif (810x720, 248K)

Honestly doing a new different game is probably for the best DS3 had alot of good stuff but you can tell the well was starting to run dry from all the "Hey I remember this!" moments in the game.

>where's muh cuhlours and muh water temple and horsies?
Bitch, the game is supposed to be visually bleak, that doesn't make it bland.

Seething dmcfag
You got like 10 dmc threads a day you stupid garbage

The DaS setting and combat are spent so I welcome a new approach.

The only thing I dislike (from what we were shown so far) is not able to change the outfit and customize the character's look and grappling around along designated points seems like it would become annoying fast.

Desu if I have to think about it, I like the area even outside of invading. I liked the swamp area in Blighttown, too. Something about an entirely hostile area really butters my toast.
>but you can tell the well was starting to run dry from all the "Hey I remember this!" moments in the game.
Ashes and TRC have some of the best level design in the games sans the fucking Shared Grave. Don't know what they were doing with that area. I agree in spirit, though, about trying out a new locale and theme.

This game will define how From will continue onwards.

If it fails they'll fall back to cranking out DaS games, but if it succeeds then they'll keep trying new settings.

I still haven't finished DaS3. I got near the end though

Is it worth going back and finishing?

They already confirmed a dark fantasy rpg in the works.
medium.com/@atlasmoniz/on-from-softwares-three-projects-924395012bc1
>[Project 1] One is a dark fantasy action RPG that I have talked about now, with a setting/feeling similar but different to DARK SOULS.

Attached: 1537997582264.jpg (3840x2160, 1.84M)

Destroyed builds by making quality meta, recycled everything from DS1 without the inspiration or creativity, uninspired locations and shitty enemy placement. Also the combat system is broken, neither you nor most enemies posses any appreciable poise so it’s a game of stun lock each other to death, exacerbated by the fact you have like 100000 heals that happen near instantly, so the point of the game is to know which combos to eat so you can stun lock the enemy. I get that they were trying to speed it up like bloodborne and part of that is because of the engine, but it doesn’t work because you don’t have the quick parry or quick step abilities. So the enemies have these long crazy combos you can only avoid by rolling because you can’t tank them without poise, and the developers compensated for this by raising stamina levels to insane rates, commonly ending the game with like 8 fucking consecutive rolls. Absolutely destroys the tension of the first game and demons souls.

I’d unironically rather play DS2, atleast the builds in that game are unique and the armors look cool.

I'm going to pirate this first to check it out. If it's good I'll get the discount edition later on with all the DLC. I'm very skeptical about the changes here.

If you have the DLC, for sure.

No, you should have earned by now. I'm getting this once it is sold at 5 bucks like that piece of shit Dork Souls is

sure, if you're waiting out on sekiro
dlcs are pretty neat too

DS3 is one of the worst games ive ever played. It has the least amount of soul of any game I've ever seen. Nothing but rehashes, recycled assets, I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT, and the worst gameplay in the series.

Literally everything wrong.

Yeah the first one was unfinished and I would still prefer it to 3. The interconnected world of 1 is something no game in the souls series has even attempted since.

You forget something: Fucking Kool-aid for blood!

I agree with you I just think Sekiro is good for them so they don't burn themselves out. Making the same thing over and over.

Legitimately only bothered by the lack of costume changing in Sekiro.

this

>Nothing but rehashes, recycled assets
I, too, remember the Dancer from Dark Souls 1.
>I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT
The worst criticism against DSIII since its release.

It is highly unlikely there's going to be only one outfit for the entirety of the game.

Also destroyed PvP by giving everyone ridiculous health/stamina, resulting in Bloodborne type fuels where you endlessly dodge and heal for half an hour before someone gets bored and jumps off a cliff. This was intentional as well, the creator likes the idea of cooperating more than invading and does not view them as fighting games and so wanted to fuck invasions up. You can’t name one good addition DS3 made to the series other than maybe sword arts, which mostly suck anyways

this i just pirate anyu jap game because fuck japan they jsut cant make good games like the best west which no one can really compete

Yeah me too, considering half of it’s moves are Gold Tracer attacks and the other half are Manjs attacks, including the sweep, grab, flurry, and fire attacks

oh cool, I just pirate single player games with little replay value (like Sekiro)

why can we only hookshot to predesignated locations? Hasn't there been games like Just Cause where you can hookshot to any location in the game for like a decade? You can't tell me they wen't into making this game thinking it would only be a hookshot to certain locations... FROM just got lazy.

Yes we can now that (((Bamco))) is out of the way with their greedy hands mucking everything up
>b-but Activision!
Yeah they're a shit company that's also hemorrhaging money atm. They're standing aside on this one cause they know publicity and morale is at an all time low. They need a win to get back in people's good graces. Plus there's not much they could have done anyway given it's a single player only title.

Fromsoft made 6 games in the past 10 years and only 1 of them is not totally unfinished

>More you die, the less chance of "unseen aid" from these NPCs and will eventually lock you out of dialogue, lose chance to obtain useful items/bars progression
This is disgusting. I hope Fromsoft go bankrupt soon

i believe in From

if Sekiro is even close to how good Bloodborne was, it will be an easy GOTY (against strong contenders like RE2 and DMCV) for me

Attached: D0_Q7dNWwAAhcIF.jpg (1920x1080, 221K)

how is that bad
just stop dying

>Yea Forums still shilling for RE2 when is already forgotten by everyone except a few dozen edgy americans who love gore and zombies

So you restart with your newfond gud at the game and die less. It is going to be a short game once you know where to go and what to do all FROM games are.

>half of it’s moves are Gold Tracer attacks
The Gold Tracer has the same moveset as the scimitar in the first Dark Souls. It's only fancy when wielded in the left hand, and only for three attacks.
>Manjs
I assume you mean Manus.
>sweep, grab, flurry, and fire attacks
Because sweeps, grabs, flurries, and fire(Manus, fire?) are exclusive to Manus, absolutely. Fuck off.
>Also destroyed PvP by giving everyone ridiculous health/stamina, resulting in Bloodborne type fuels where you endlessly dodge and heal for half an hour before someone gets bored and jumps off a cliff
2016 was three years and a dozen patches ago. This literally doesn't happen anymore.

what is with the sudden revisionist history that DaS3 was bad, it was a great game

I honestly hate the people who post on this board
>dark souls 3 was the worst ever!!
>boots up 4th consecutive yakuza game

It's just bants lad have a pint.

This, I don't know what people see in that brown, depressing slog of a game. Dark Souls 2 was a cobbled together mess but it unironically had soul.

Dark Souls 3 wasn't a disaster, but it relied too much on winks and nods to Dark Souls 1 for me to be anything but tired about the world. Sekiro being a new IP and a fresh take on the gameplay is at least interesting enough to get me in the door. I'm sure it will be okay/good but souls fans will either hate it because it's not souls or claim it's the next coming of dick Jesus as they suck it off because it's From Soft.

>I don't know what people see in that brown, depressing slog of a game
Also: Cathedral Knight GS, Ledo's Greathammer, Gotthard's Twinblades, Lothric Knight GS, Winged Knight Twinaxes, Onikiri and Udabachi, etc.

Attached: 1537997054324.jpg (3577x2686, 3.68M)

>unironically had soul

It didn't have an ounce of soul. Bad isn't soul.

load up DS3 right now and play it a bit and honestly come back and say that it holds a candle to Sekiro. You won't all souls games are shit FROM has finally matured.

>Dark Souls 2 was a cobbled together mess but it unironically had soul.
B A S E D

Attached: 1537997054324 -.jpg (4000x1515, 2.49M)

This is going to be their next classic. Dark Souls 2 & 3 were B-team cashgrabs. You can tell this one has vision behind it.

These are the devs that made bloodborne, a contender for best game of all time. Anyone writing them off before playing the game is doing themselves a disservice

I really have no clue what is wrong with you niggers.

3 is better than every other dark souls just by virtue of having non-shit bosses.

graphics look similar to dark souls 3. not very interesting to me

DS3 was basically Miz finishing it.

It was meant to resemble DS1 in many ways, just with everything worst off due to the Fire losing its light each time. The Painted world is basically the whole thing, condensed and with rot and ink rather than fire and darkness, then the TRC answers pretty much everything about the place of man and their covenant (bindings) with the Gods.

Cycle, cycle, cycle and cycle, but they never replicate as well.

Only 3 of those bosses are good

Dark Souls 2: The Only Colors are Orange and Grey

one of the most visually offensive games of all time

If you play on the PC you can mod the sepia filter off

>Dark Souls 2 & 3 were B-team cashgrabs
B a s e d
>This action game with a focus on high speed combat and acrobatics is better than this action rpg with a focus on weighty combat
Imagine being so joyless.

Attached: 1538962528181.jpg (2550x1402, 771K)

My god. I literally cant even imagine such an autistic fuckwit that I would care or even notice any of that shit, let alone let it ruin my playing experience. Ive played every Souls and BB game and DaS3 was the only one I felt compelled enough to play NG+.

reminder when you download this game on release DO NOT let it get patched. THERE WILL BE NERFS TO EVERYTHING. Almost every boss in DS3 was nerfed to shit. FROM nerfed the angels in the DLC made them trivial... I expect this game to get huge nerf patches that ruin the experience.

Souls have never looked great. They've always been passable for the action and story.

None of it is correct, anyway.

That's got to be the Bloodborne sequel/spiritual successor, we know it's in the works and it's the only one that fits the description.

You're right on who is making Sekiro. It's all on the BB/TOH team, who also made DS1/AOTA.

Miz made DS3 with the DS2 team.

Both projects were being made simultaneously.

Actually 4 are good. Pontiff, Nameless King and Midir are some of the best bosses in the series, Gael is also good but a bit predictable. The rest are cakewalks and/or too gimmicky.

>It's all on the BB/TOH team
Aktschually it isn't because Japan Studio isn't present.
>Aota
>Reused Darkroot Garden and Darkroot Basin, one unique area in the Oolacile Township, and then Chasm of the Abyss which is half a ring around a gigantic hole
Not the best way to market Sekiro, man.

>The rest are cakewalks or too gimmicky
King of the Storm is literally the worst opening to any boss fight ever because of how fucking clunky and monumentally retarded it is for a gigantic beast to just let someone whack away at its head, and for the NK to just sit there and let it happen.

Anybody else excited to just enjoy the experience of this game because you have too much autism to enjoy the previous titles because you had to just rush through them to get to items for PvP? Been that way for me with all the previous titles... And I have always know the PvP is shit I barely even PvPd but the PvP was the driving force for multiple playthroughs. If I had just sat down and enjoyed the games slowely. But now looking back at them they weren't even very good and I am supremely hyped for Sekiro. Anyone know what button sprint is mapped to? How does sprinting work when locked on? Will those of us who mastered claw grip for perfect souls controls have a useful skill?

Who map sprint to triangle instead of circle for max comfort here? I might remap everything in this.

I Like a challenge to. But when streamers that play 24/7 say its to difficult, I think they went overboard on it

every dark souls game was nerfed post release

sekiro will be nerfed hardest of all. i dunno what it is but i can just tell things about games from video more than most people here. and im telling you right now that this game is twice as hard as any souls or bb, it's not even close at all

>because you had to just rush through them to get to items for PvP?

in what universe did you "have to rush through them to get items for pvp"

stop playing games "optimally" you fucking faggot

I'll pirate the day one version for sure.

to be fair, he did say he was autistic

They're overly used to souls and BB.

It wasn't a Dark Souls 2 rehash

It's a fucking singleplayer video game. It's MEANT to be beaten. Christ almighty.

Soulsfags are the worst kind of shit that thinks these games are something special while it's nothing but a game just like everything else. It's not about how fucking hard it is since it was about it in the begin with, it was about the experience and the entertainment like what a game supposed to be. Just like gothic.

they literally said they're not doing a bloodborne 2 and that the Easter egg in deracine was just that

You have to be terribly autistic to think Dark Souls 3 is a disaster. Get your head out of your ass, faggot.

I feel the same way that it will be nerfed hardest of all. Enemies do tons of damage and you have to be on point with your timings of parry and dodge. Watching some game play there was alot of using shurikens to interupt boss heals and posture heals. shuriken with its follow up r1 dash that closes your distance is fucking awesome but I don't think many players will be able to cope with the parry combat and being that up close and personal, but it is necessary.

TONS of nerfs to enemy damage and maybe even slowing their moves I could see happening. Some of the bosses that do spinning attacks if you don't time every hit of their spin its a 1 shot.

Nope. I am telling you guys. I have more hours/years playing video games than anyone in this thread and I have played at a higher comp level in multiplayer than anyone in this thread. This game is crushingly hard in the difficulty it will ship in. Expect massive patching within 2 days because the butthurt is going to be EXTREME.

People couldn't deal with fucking guys in Dark Souls 2 who shoot spells at you in the water level. All you had to do is shoot them with a fucking bow. You think they're going to be able to deal with rock paper scissors parrying with permanent consequences? rofl.

you can *visibly see* the difficulty of the game, go look at the heavy plate knight fight, look at his tells and animations and move variety and direction of attacks.

>Aktschually it isn't because Japan Studio

Japan Studio is basically your Activision here.

The info is easy to find. FROM's BB/TOH team immediately switched to Sekiro after TOH,

Oh, also, did anyone recently realize that this game is extremely heavily inspired by Furi?

>challenge focus
>can't get stronger to overpower enemies
>have multiple "lives", when you die the enemy regenerates and you do too
>cool katana dudes

The reason it really seems similar is I got stuck on bosses in Furi for months (mostly due to not playing) and I think people are going to have the same experience here

>Nothing but a thing, the same thing said in another way, the same thing again said in yet another way, and just a blanket statement with no reasoning

Soulsfags are the worst kind of shit that thinks these games are something special while it's nothing but a game just like everything else. It's not about how fucking hard it is since it wasn't about it in the begin with, it was about the experience and the entertainment like what a game supposed to be. Just like gothic.

I really, really, really, REALLY hope they do a good job on it. The going narrative that Bamco has meddled with development of the three Dark Souls games holds water considering what Tanimura admitted in the Design Works of DSII. But if they fuck up this new ARPG, much of the good will From has accrued will vanish.

That's not even remotely true, Japan Studio handled a lot of the actual dev work on Bloodborne.

Ds3 is the best souls. Objectively. Git gud you worthless summoner. People like you should hang.

Attached: animate_me_anonkun.jpg (7016x4961, 3.78M)

They literally say that about every game newfag.

why does every new game get one of these posts?

>Expecting coherent arguments on Yea Forums

Dark souls, Demon Souls, and Bloodborne are all critically acclaimed dumbass.

>This game is crushingly hard in the difficulty it will ship in
God i fucking hope so. Its been so long since a game has truly challenged me. I long for that feeling of being forced to git gud again...

>Japan Studio is basically your Activision here.
"No!"

i like all the souls games and even my least favourite one (2) is an 8/10 in my books

What if I liked Dark Souls 3, play PvE exclusively and have a general disdain for soulsborne PvP? Because Sekiro looks like it was built exactly to my specifications

Evidence of this?

like what, faggot

its going to be 10x harder than souls you have to actually think rather than spawn rolls.

isn't that Sekiro?
he said that in 2016..

I literally said nothing about the difficulty in my preferences, is it going to be FUN?

>people don't consider first dark souls an uninspired rehash without any soul in it anymore
God, I hate neo Yea Forums

It fucking is, Soulsfags are the biggest retards around. The leak dude even said it’s different but familiar. The two other games are Armored Core and Deracine.

I'll like it of the PC's clothes (and the PC himself) get progressively more worn down and beat up throughout the game. Otherwise I agree.

point is you said you liked DS3 which is mouthbreather bang head on keyboard tier. why would Sekiro be to your specifications? It is nothing like souls.

is there a direction you have to parry in like for honor? If not, isn't sekiro just the same parry mechanics we've seen before?

You guys are exaggerating how hard this shit is.

Deracine doesn't count as a main production.
1: Sekiro (reboot of Tenchu)
2: Armored Core
3: Dark Fantasy RPG
3.5: Deracine

Miyazaki mentioned in a very recent interview that the remaining two games in production are very typical of From Software.

The article debunks the notion that Sekiro was the arpg Miyazaki mentions.
>The two other games are Armored Core and Deracine.
Literally right there on the page Miyazaki confirms Deracine was not one of the games. Get some glasses.

I also like dark souls 1 and 2 and bloodborne, you can like different things

youtube.com/watch?v=oiGPTI06fn8

Also worth noting that the very concept of Bloodborne isn't even From's, Sony came up with it including the eldritch elements.

We don't need a DS4. Cycles cycles cycles.

The game world is just emptier and has less going on. It doesn't help that you've met half of the NPCs before, it's immersion breaking considering DaS2 had a fresh batch of NPCs. It's alright to bust through but there's not much that sticks to you.

It's loved by people who just want to speed through the gameplay without thinking much.

That was always just an opinion of contrarians. DaS1 made a lot of additions to the series, it's different from DeS but in a good way.

Hawkwood has a neat story about how useless dragon covenantors really are. Otherwise, yeah. I thought Sirris was going to be a really involved character, but she turns out to be a lesser Lucatiel.

Yes because myazaki never wanted a sequel to dark souls in the first place. Also dark souls 3 was ruined by the atrocity that is dark souls . Also every first game of a series made by fromsoftware was a masterpiece aka: demon souls, dark souls1, bloodborne.

>100000 heals that happen near instantly
>game starts and ends with objectively the lowest amount of healing items in the entire franchise
What the FUCK did he mean by this?

>the atrocity that is dark souls
i meant dark souls 2

>Dark Souls III
>Ruined

Attached: The Dreg Heap.jpg (3840x2160, 765K)

>does not view them as fighting games
Good. Dark Souls games shouldn't be treated as fighting games. If you take them as one, then they're the worst fighting games imaginable. Poor weapon balance, any build that uses magic is worthless, a lack of complex mechanics, and horrendous net code that makes spacing completely unreliable.
From shouldn't sacrifice gameplay mechanics to appease weird fuckin' retards whosomehow find enjoyment in one of the mechanically worst fighting games imaginable.
Which is why I'm glad Sekiro is removing multiplayer, so we can finally have more fun mechanics in a FromSoft game qgain.

Desu DSIII and II have really superb weapon balance. DSII even had extremely viable magic builds for PvP. Shame DSIII destroyed those magic builds.

>No mention of Armored Core

i'm not saying is completely ruined i actually like it a lot and for me is as good as bloodborne . But i hate the linear map of the game.

Being a slightly polished turd doesn't help the games much.
If you want a mechanically simple 3D fighting game with big medieval swords and shit, go play Soul Calibur or something. Souls PvP is universally trash from a fighting game standpoint and I'll never understand why people are so attached to it.

People are attached to it because they like to LARP as a medieval warrior. Why do you think people lost their shit over Sekiro not having character customisation?

Still, it’s a welcome change.

>and I'll never understand why people are so attached to it.
It's fun.

Attached: 20190309222141_1.jpg (1920x1080, 641K)

I think it's just because people are so attached to Souls as a brand, that they dismiss all of its issues and feel they have to like EVERYTHING about the games.
I honestly don't even disagree with you. I've spent dozens of hours doing PvP and fight clubs across all the games. Hell, just yesterday I spent maybe 2 hours doing undead matches on my most recent DS3 playthrough. You can have fun with something that's bad or poorly-constructed, after all.
What I have a problem with are the people who insist that the entire balance of a game be changed to appease a very specific type of in-game activity, just because they personally have fun with it.

Because OP is a DS2 loving fag. That's how it usually goes honestly.

Dark Souls 2 of course gets a pass on literally Ornstein and other blatant fanservice like Artorias' sword, sunlight covenant etc

>DS2 had soul
I guess ''soul'' translates to being an ugly and janky shitpile.

Attached: 1552210584066.jpg (680x1280, 94K)

Is there no sprint button in Sekiro? seems like it is just dodge. Your character just moves pretty much as fast as sprining in DS at all times it seems. This game is going to be intense.

I think DS3 does a pretty good job expanding on the themes and lore of the original.
DS2 just rehashes the themes of the original but displays then in a far less subtle manner.

What's weird is, Souls is the only fanbase I'm aware of where people get MAD over the game re-incorporating or expanding on concepts and things from an older game. And then they get MAD again when a new game comes out that leaves behind ideas and concepts of old and tries it's own thing.
How the fuck are you supposed to appease these idiots?

You've got that backwards, user. DSIII retreads themes from Souls 1 and II. It puts them in new lights, but a retread is a retread. DSII introduces cycles and how men would react if they realized they were in one, hollowing making people lose their memories, and the whole notion of wanting and the curse being intertwined. It's all backed up by in-game events, whereas DSIII introduces things and leaves them for dead like the Deep, the pilgrims, etc.

the fuck is mikiri

>DSII introduces cycles and how men would react if they realized they were in one, hollowing making people lose their memories, and the whole notion of wanting and the curse being intertwined
You just proved my point. Every single one of those themes are a big part of Dark Souls 1.
Dark Souls 2 rehashes those themes, but instead chooses to beat you over the head with them over and over because it thinks you're an idiot.
And, well, if you think 2 "introduced" those themes to the series, then perhaps you are one.

>Every single one of those themes are a big part of Dark Souls 1.
Cycles are not a big part of Dark Souls 1. Hollowing making people lose their memories is not a big part of Dark Souls 1. The notion of wanting and the curse being intertwined is not a big part of Dark Souls 1. You really, really need to back your shit up. I am super confused why you just asserted this sentiment.

Attached: mfw2.png (665x637, 417K)

You're joking right? You're just pretending to be stupid?
Literally have you ever played the game? Did you just mash through every bit of dialogue? Did you ever speak to Frampt or Kaathe?
I'm convinced you're fucking with me. Good job, you had me going for a second there.

Lmao git gud you absolute retard. It's not as if the game can only be played once

user...the Age of Fire and the Age of Men are not in reference to the cycle of death and rebirth. Dark Souls 1 is about dealing with the legacy of the lords and Gwyn's resisting of "the course of nature" in his coddling of fire. You'll recognize those as Kaathe's words. DSII is l i t e r a l l y about Vendrick and Aldia realizing
>Oh my fucking god we're in a groundhog day except it's groundhog age
This notion is not in Dark Souls 1. And again, hollowing making people lose their memories is not a big part of Dark Souls 1. That is indisputable fact. Wanting and the curse being intertwined is not a big part of Dark Souls 1. Please point out where these are a big part of Dark Souls 1.

>Destroyed builds by making quality meta
Quality hasn't been meta for 2.5 years now you braindead moron
I won't even bother with the rest

Dark Souls 1 - Good
Dark Souls 2- Disaster
Bloodborne - Good
Dark Souls 3 - Disaster
Sekiro -

Don't forget that prosthetics can be upgraded for new functionality. Axe gains ability to generate explosions on hit, shurikens get infused with the power of SPIN so they stick to enemies and continue to damage them further, etc.

SOTFS - Great

How?

Again, proving my point. Dark Souls 1 absolutely revolves around cycles. Humanity is trapped in a perpetual cycle of re-kindling the first flame, and the player is presented with the option of perpetuating the cycle or ending it and trying something new.
DaS2 rehashes this idea and presents it in the most heavy-handed manner possible. It's no longer an element of the story that the player discovers on their own, but something that is spelled out for you letter-by-letter. It's the same theme handled in a clumsy and silly manner.

Did they made changes to pvp recently? I can’t find people to Pvp anymore

>Dark Souls 1 absolutely revolves around cycles
No. It revolves around the legacy of lords.
>Humanity is trapped in a perpetual cycle of re-kindling the first flame
Nobody as touched the First Flame since Gwyn. Humans are doomed to Gwyndolin's (Gwyn's legacy) trappings with the whole thou who art Undead art chosen, but that's not in reference to the cycle of death and rebirth. I really shouldn't have to copy/paste, but I guess I do:
DSII is l i t e r a l l y about Vendrick and Aldia realizing
>Oh my fucking god we're in a groundhog day except it's groundhog age
Sick dodge on this, btw:
>And again, hollowing making people lose their memories is not a big part of Dark Souls 1. That is indisputable fact. Wanting and the curse being intertwined is not a big part of Dark Souls 1. Please point out where these are a big part of Dark Souls 1.
You got one more reply to make this right, I gotta get to bed.

Do you think the combat of Sekiro will be deeper than Souls?

Now that they don’t have RPG elements and different weapon types to hide behind, they’ll struggle to get away with making the core combat mechanics as barebones as they were in Soulsborne.

Attached: 1552353359633.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Almost every DS1 invention aside from limited quality of life stuff only made the formula worse.
They replaced the fluid animations with a newly done set of slower, uglier ones that cannot be chained in any interesting way unlike DeS movesets. It's especially noticeable with big weapons, greataxes and ultras got absolutely raped.
They removed ability to climb over small obstacles which could've been used creatively for level design.
They severely nerfed ring options despite still leaving only 2 slots which resulted in everyone and their mothers using the same mandatory 4-5 rings.
They added true poise and removed hyperarmor, possibly the biggest gameplay mistake they ever did.
Vancian system for magic was incredibly limited and dumb, especially since you can only get 1 copy of certain miracles and pyromancies.
Instead of genuinely good self-contained levels with internal shortcuts they've tried to design a metroidvania-esque world but it stops being a thing after you get out of early game.
Instead of making gimmick bosses better they straight removed most of them. No more cool and atmospheric fights like False Idol or Adjudicator that compensate piss poor combat system of souls games with the fact you need to explore and think for a bit to deal damage to the boss.
I could honestly go on and on and on. DS1 is the point where series went in wrong direction and ironically enough DS3 tried to correct many of its mistakes, unfortunately it still catered to braindead PVP morons by nerfing every single thing they whined about.

The shit about Gwyn is a story element that's meant to convey the themes of cycle and rebirth. Story elements exist to convey these themes that can be interpreted in a variety of different ways.
Dark Souls 2 fails in this regard because it presents ONE concrete interpretation and shoves your face in it.
I'm not gonna bother replying to your other points because they're equally as selectively ignorant. Dark Souls is a stupid game made for idiots, and your inability to extract themes from story elements makes this clearer than ever.
Goodnight, sweetie ;)

L O L

>Dark Souls is a stupid game made for idiots
Shit, I meant DS2. I shouldn't have to correct that typo, but you're incapable of extracting meaning beyond what's placed directly in front of you, so you might misunderstand me anyway.

Fuck pvp and every cancerous pvp retards. Beside the written messages everything online about this serie was garbage.

I mean good god, how do you not see the difference between Gwyn giving himself to the First Flame to extend the Age of Fire versus Aldia experimenting on Giants not to extend the age, but to escape it, along with Vendrick looking into the essence of the soul not to extend, but to escape. Vendrick never finished his research because Nashandra's true nature was revealed to him. She wanted to covet the First Flame. The Giants invaded Drangleic because they wanted the First Flame back. Shanalotte was birthed of dragons in an attempt to escape the curse, but she failed. None of these ideas are in Dark Souls 1. The Witch of Izalith creates Chaos (accidentally) not because she feared death and rebirth like Vendrick and Aldia.
>The shit about Gwyn is a story element that's meant to convey the themes of cycle and rebirth
For someone who came at me insinuating I didn't play the game...you sure didn't play the game:
>Clinging to his Age of Fire, and in dire fear of humans, and the Dark Lord who would one day be born amongst them, Lord Gwyn resisted the course of nature. By sacrificing himself to link the fire, and commanding his children to shepherd the humans,"
Legacy of lords. It's not about death and rebirth. You had one shot, user, and it was mediocre. Goodnight, indeed. Pic related is you.

Attached: 1396814910120.gif (300x168, 2.68M)

The leak dude said that Sekiro in not the dark fantasy RPG
Miyazaki said that they're working on Armored Core, but later added that they're not abandoning the series, but they might not be making new game at the moment so that was just a misunderstanding
From said that Sekiro started as Tenchu reboot, so the "previous series reboot with Dark Souls elements" would fit nicely
Deracine is not one of the 3 projects, confirmed by Miyazaki
not to mention From repeatedly stating that Sekiro is not an RPG and not Soulsborne

You can invade literally anywhere and get some action on PC DSIII.

Can't wait to execute this guy

Attached: 1552010217504.webm (800x450, 2.9M)

I like that MC actually converses with people.
And with the voice of Guts, no less

Have fun eating shit, I guess. Dark Souls 2 is the perfect game for a brainlet like you.

It just sucks that all the tedious and boring areas are near the beginning of the game. Every time I feel like replaying DS3 I think of Undead Settlement and Farron Keep and end up not playing it. Also, fuck the uninspiredness that is Smouldering Lake

Weve still only seen the early game. God im so excited to see where this goes

>they removed the ability to climb over small obstacles
It was less of an ''ability'' since it worked only in select few spots and it was completely inconsistent what you could and could not climb. There are tons of ankle-high walls / battlements you CAN'T climb but there are 1-3 spots of similar wall you can climb but they aren't even visually distinct for the unclimbable walls of same height.

Climbing was completely worthless in Demon's Souls and jumping allowed for way greater degree of freedom in terms of movement.

Also your ''cool and atmospheric puzzle bosses'' were just straight up bad past the first playthrough, once you knew their gimmick there was nothing to the fight after that anymore. I understand a lot of it is a preference thing but I personally am glad they moved from ''atmospheric puzzle bosses'' to treating fights as mechanically engaging skill checks.

Attached: Dxr0Cb9VsA0v39f.jpg (600x900, 61K)

Undead Settlement is one of the best areas in whole series design-wise. The only problem is that it's pretty fucking big and has weak enemies but you can get out very fast and return to it later since the boss is optional.
But generally DS3 is a curious case of endgame content being better than early game one with Archives being a crazy vertical area choke full of content.

Don't reply to my posts you shit eating stalker.

Yeah I personally really like the Settlement. It's large, inter-connected and leads to different things.
It kinda feels like a Dark Souls 1 area in how it branches out.

>Put down your sword.
>I will not.
KINO

Attached: sekiro dragonrot.png (865x435, 381K)

DS3 was fine.
Fuck off faggot.

>Seething DMCuck

Attached: nothen personnel doggo.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Do you think there's going to be a passive that gives you white talismans for every riposte BB-style?
I really want to try playing with prosthetics as much as i can.

So what happened to their unannounced "weird game"?
Miyazaki first spoke about 3 projects
>dark fantasy RPG
>reboot with ideas inspired by Souls
>weird game, something that no one would expect from them (confirmed not Deracine by Miyazaki)
And in the recent interview, he said that there are 2 unannounced titles which are "typical From software titles", but the weird game is not suposed to be a typical From title, so I wonder what happened to it

SOULSFAGS MAD

Attached: 1541287601433.jpg (640x860, 150K)

Attached: 1528671913498.jpg (401x500, 49K)

>regular attacks: stand still and hit parry over and over
>sweep attacks: jump up
>thrust attacks: dodge forward
Whoops I just posted the entire walkthrough for the game, because this is how all the combat in the game works. Everything else like the grapple or the prosthetics is just an extra gimmick slapped on top.

Really? That's surprising, I just assumed Deracine was the second of the two games since it was indeed a strange game that did polarize opinions, just like he said the "weird" one would.

>thrust attacks: use skill to jump on sword, keeping it in place

>souls combat
>any attack: roll in any direction
amazing

DS3 was the best in the franchise

DS3 was a B-team game. Sekiro is an A-team game with Miyazaki as the only director, it will be a masterpiece.

Attached: bNAO_Ew6_ZO3APbs (2).webm (1280x720, 737K)

That part is actually the only thing that is false in his list. That is not what Unseen Aid means. Unseen Aid means the % chance to recover your XP and money after dying. The more Dragonrot, the lower your chance of getting anything back after dying.

Or block
Or parry
Or trade with perseverance
Or walk to the side if it has bad tracking

>>any attack: roll in any direction

Nope, sweeping attacks will get you easily if you roll where they are going, you have to either roll against them, or roll back.

That is Sekiro you moron

you can also do those in sekiro

I only have two concerns, not having alternate costumes, which is a very minor concern, not that big a deal. Not like you change costumes in DMC or Bayonetta either you know.
And two, this one seems pretty confirmed so far - you can change Combat Arts on the fly, but you have to do it by pausing the game and going to your menu. Why? Why is there no quick change button so that you can, or would HAVE TO change combat arts in the heat of the battle? The pausing is a bit jarring.

They actually have the same animation as every dog since ds1. I've noticed they reuse so many assets from all their games, it's insane.

Nonsense. Demon's Souls, Bloodborne and DS3 were fully finished. Only DS1 and DS2 were unfinished and it was Bamcos fault for DS1, and Shibuya's fault for DS2 - and that nip got fired for ruining the game.

>Das3?
What's that? Do you mean DS3?

Das3 was B team. Sekino is A team.

Wtf DMCbros?

Attached: firefox_2019-03-11_18-12-08.png (282x588, 123K)

Literally every one of them is top tier

loooooool
It's always the b team right.
>DS2 was b-team
>no no DS3 was b-team
It's always b team when it sucks. I guess if sekiro sucks it's also b team hey. So Miyazaki is officially part of b team now.

>This game is crushingly hard in the difficulty it will ship in
There is no fucking way they are going to ruin Sekiro like they ruined the Souls games with patches, this is a single player game after all. There is NO PLACE for difficulty patching in a game like this.

no perseverance in Sekiro
also no stamina so it's just a mashfest for panic rolls

False. Japan Studio were tech assistants, they did no development work on Bloodborne at all.

The nu-male gamer will complain like they always do and they'll release a patch. Today's zoomer generation can't handle difficulty unless it's quick time events

Complete horseshit, they literally said Miyazaki came up with Bloodborne after wanting to do something similar to Tower of Latria again

the enemies are also much faster and have much longer combos than in dark souls
and you'll take forever to kill enemies if you only mash dodge

DS3 doesn't suck and the B team is a meme.
Seikro looks like low content game with no replayability, regardless of how polished it is.

Sekiro is a dark fantasy RPG you retard, that is what he meant with it

how does it look like a low content game with no replayability?

So what you're saying is that it's b team

only 1 weapon
only 11 bosses
no magic
no stats, thus no builds

Its obvious that Ds2 and Ds3 were b team. The real A team only worked on Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Sekiro.

>bu- but it doesn't have muh pvp
It's just pvp faggots complaining because they can't invade people and ruin their games with twink builds anymore. These are the people who complain about non-replayability.

I don’t see the issue.

>only 11 bosses
source?

>no stats, thus no builds
it has skill trees

have you ever played any game besides dark souls, because it sounds like you havent

Is that a westerner conquistador or some shit ?

>only the games I liked are A team
LMAO

Yeah, it's totally not an issue that the stripped 1/3 of the from an usual souls game, that being the armors and 200+ weapons with unique move sets and replaced it with only one.

DS2 was B-team.

Because Miyazaki was off developing Bloodborne while the leftovers were doing DS2, you can see through the DS1 Expansion that Miyazaki went straight from the DLC to Bloodborne.

We have that NPC with a Bloodborne design and an early prototype of an area from Bloodborne that appears in the DS1 remastered files which was apparently removed from the original release of DS1 but somehow ended up back in there when they did the remaster.

Attached: Bloodborne.jpg (640x480, 30K)

>11 bosses
The wiki already proves you wrong and it hasn't even been updated with the new ones. There will be at least 15-20. This does not include mini bosses which there are a few as well.

Sekiro is not a Souls game though. It began as a Tenchu spiritual successor with some Soulsborne elements ADDED to it. Bruv, you can cry about it all you want but unless you think From should never make anything but Souls you're being a big dumbdumb the way you're approaching Sekiro. From's said that if you're not into Sekiro wait for their next game.

Attached: CyoahsFUQAA_neM.jpg (960x1200, 175K)

>200+ weapons with unique move sets
lol
you obviously never even played the games if you think the weapons all have unique move sets

at least the dogs dont fucking teleport this time

Wow no way, dogs all move and act in a similar manner? It's almost like they're from the same non sentient species.

Also it is clearly not the same animation, just a similar looking one.

Are you retarded? Yes, DS2 and DS3 were both made by B-team. This is a fact lmao.
That is literally why DS2 and DS3 are not masterpieces like their A-team games, retard.

Do you retarded homos not have a pair of eyes? Read the credits of DS2 and 3. They were made by the same secondary team within FromSoft, not Miyazakis team that made the masterpieces DeS, DS1 and BB.

Nice strawman faggot.
Every game has different movement for their dogs. The way the dogs attack and move in dark souls games is unique though, and it's pretty apparent they reused the old running and attack animations here. Either it's lazy design because muh bteam or this is Miyazaki's final creative form.
Truly amazing non the less.

Except most do, no weapons has the same R1 R1 and R2 R2 combo.
Some may share the first attack, some may share the second attack but not both.
Only halberds and spears really got the shaft and mostly share 1 or 2 move sets, that's why I said 200 and not 240.

I really fucking hope they won't change anything. It's a fucking single player game, it's not their business if someone is too retarded to get through it, why ruin the experience for everyone else.
The patching in Souls games was done because the release day difficulty was so high that it prevented lots of people from getting far enough to partake in PvP.

>literally no HP damage done, just poise damage until you can press R1 to visceral

this gonna be boring bros

DeS is garbage

>all the games I didn't like were b team
I'm gonna laugh my ass off when you backpedal with sekiro. Miyazaki will officially be b team tier.

baste

That's because it was made by B team.

Congratulations asshat, the've been doing this all the way since king's fields

It's starting to seem more and more that this game is a half-budget title made from spare parts From had lying around from the other games and decided to make some money off Activision.
A lot like Platinum's Transformers game.

Cool your hothead fanboy. Learn to take criticism otherwise you're going to suffer in the real world one day.

No, DS3 and BB have unique dog attack animations, they don't reuse DS1's.

having a different attack on R2 doesnt make the moveset unique
they just mixed the attacks between the weapons, they're not unique
there are only a few attacks that are unique to a specific weapon

>unironically not thinking DS>DS3>DS2
what's wrong with you

Smart studios recycle animation work / models, sounds etc to save on dev time better spent on creating new content. FromSoft isn't a huge company and they aren't given an unlimited time to work on a project so it's understandable they will want to save up on time spent on animations and not care if some sperg gets butthurted over them using a similar animation.

Additionally it's a nice bonus for returning players, you can recognize familiar sounds / visual design they use for cues to the player etc.

what's the difference? it serves basically the same function except it forces you to actually stay on the offensive instead of dashing off into a corner to have a sippy whenever you get hit

DS3 is such a "not masterpiece" that it has more players online every day than DS1 + DSR + DS2 + SOTFS combined.

Thats why they don't take 12 years to make a game like square enix.

ds3 is a reskin of bloodborne with different combat.

BB > DS > DeS > DS3 > DS2

my opinion is right and everyone else is dumb

and more weapons for builds

You can do direct HP damage to opponents and kill trash mobs without viscerals at least.

why don't you look at 'poise' like a regenerating healthbar?

>waah why is it different from dark souls wtf Yea Forums told me this was just dark souls with features removed!

i know, i'm just responding to that guy complaining that the guy complaining about no hp damage when his gimmick is obviously the fact that he's wearing western armor and that weeb katanas are too flimsy to hurt him

>No female player character
They lost me right there

ya because it was made by the A team. Unlike ds1 and ds2.

The combos are unique, their scaling and damage type is unique.
If 2 weapons have the same exact moves, one is a STR based weapon and the other is a DEX based one.
Even the DS3 shortsword has different R2 combos compared to the longsword as it only thrusts, like the BSS in DS1.

I'll take reused moves from a huge pool of weapons over a boring katana with a few extra unlockable combos.

Even fucking short and linear action games like Bayo and DMC knew they had to bring at least 4 weapons to mix things up.

And that's a good thing, BB was 10/10

DS1 is too broken to be any fun these days.
It got a lot of things right, but DS3 outshines it in almost every way.

Can't wait to pirate it

It has far more bosses than 11 lmao, and then tons of minibosses in addition.
You are pathetic.

You couldn't lack more self awareness, Bloodborne is extremely mediocre and style over substance: the game

No it isn't, it is objectively far better than DS2 or DS3.
Why would I backpedal, I've never done that. DS2 and 3 literally were made by the B-team. I like DS3, never said I don't. But it's no masterpiece.
And there is literally 0% chance for Sekiro to not be a masterpiece because it is being made by Miyazaki and his team.

Stay seething mad, pathetic DS2 cuck.

achievements say otherwise

Nah you're just retarded. It is clearly not the same attack animation, just a similar looking one. Because it is a fucking dog, not like you can have very different attacks for them, that is literally how dogs attack people IRL, by jumping at them.

but DS3 was b team so that means bloodborne is b team as well

Yeah it's objectively better by having utter shit bosses, low weapon variety, infinite heals, single digit frames and broken online.

Based, /thread

Can't be since ds1 is a team and ds3 is b team

But the most important question, will the game have a lava zone? Not interested in it if it doesn't

Wow, really? The newest game has a larger online playerbase? NO WAY dude, that's so weird that the game from 2 years ago has more players than the game from 8 years ago! WTF?!
Stop seething already you impotent cuck.
DS1 was A-team and is objectively a better game than DS3. It just doesn't have as good PvP.

And there is literally 100% chance for Sekiro to not be a masterpiece because it is being made by Miyazaki and his B team.
Fixed it for you buddy, cry more when it inevitably sucks.

Look at how badly this DS2 cuck is SEETHING
BB was A-team, read the credits you salty little cuckold.

You blind followers of senpai Miyazaki is hilarious. He really cannot do any wrong in your eyes hey

Newest game is DSR and that died in 2 months.

Logic says that the amount of acheivements for bosses does not equate to amount of bosses, but then again you're a mentally retarded mongrel aren't you.
Maybe you should ask your mother why she did heroin while she was pregnant with you.

You're both retarded and blind faggot. Everyone can clearly see it's reused assets. Get your eyes checked, unfortunately I can't do anything about your brain damage. Good luck out there

This game looks incredibly low effort with all the reused animations and lack of content.

Gonna wait till its 70% off in a few months before bothering.

Technically it had some people from B team. It's ok though, you don't have to cry about it snoyboy

Shame BB didn't have Tanimura, the PvP would at least be decent instead of gem grinding cancer and 1 shots all day.

except it's not an RPG you dumbass

that's funny coming from a dark souls fanboy who thinks every game should be like dark souls

I like souls borne games for the lore / level design. But I hate how difficult they are. If you die like 10 times to a boss, ok, but 100 then its stops being fun.

These idiot turned the difficulty even up more.

I don't want every game to be like dark souls. I welcome the change with sekiro. Actually excited, I'm just not a blind follower. Will judge it when it releases.

>how to spot a pathetic DS2 cuck that has never even played Demons Souls
It had amazing bosses
Smaller amount of weapons is irrelevant
Heals were only "infinite" if you farmed for them, you could use this argument for any Souls game like "DS3 is pathetic easy just farm 600 million souls and level up to max lol".
DeS had a perfectly stable framerate, another proof you never played it. It was DS1 on consoles that was the first to have awful framerates.
DeS online was not broken at all, it was actually better than DS2 or DS3's online hit detection and lagginess.

It's already guaranteed to be great
Nothing blind about it, he has so far never done wrong lmao. People will gladly criticize Miyazaki once he does fuck up, but why do you salty DS2 cucks expect people to do that when he has done nothing but masterpieces yet? DeS, DS1 and BB all infinite superior over DS2 and DS3.

Wasn't made by From retard, it was outsourced to some literal who studio that was so incompetent they introduced dozens of bugs to the game that were not in the original.
And besides DS3 has better multiplayer than DS1 ever did, you literally have no argument here.

If you die 10 times to a boss and learn nothing, you have might look into removing those brain tumors.
Or summon help like the cuckold that you are.

I don't care about PvP, its for manbabies like you anyway.
>you gather XP to level up
That's as much RPG as the Souls games were, dumbass

>DS3 has better multiplayer than DS1
and yet
>DS3 was b team
>DS1 was a team
Really makes you think, doesn't it blind fanboy

>And besides DS3 has better multiplayer than DS1 ever did, you literally have no argument here.

Agreed, DS3 is the best souls game by far, not Bteam fuck ups like DeS, DS1 and BB.
Tanimura's work on DS2 PvP translated well into DS3's system and this allowed them to get much better balance and finally make the masterpiece of the genre.

because it's a console game and you're supposed to use it in the heat of combat, which means freeaim will be way too clunky

combined with the jumping and climbing skills and I bet you can go to basically any location

>is objectively a better game than DS3
some aspects of it are definitely better but the combat, which is the most important thing in a From game, is better than any other souls game (bloodborne better than all 4)

>static estus flask animation
>fighting on inclines/declines not viable with certain weapons
>walls cuck you everywhere you go
>30 fps lol

You're suppose to learn, like in a driving game is you constantly crash on a corner you learn not to.

From stated multiple times that Sekiro is not an RPG and that it started as Tenchu reboot
Also they were hiring designers for a dark fantasy game like 2 years ago. When average person hears "dark fantasy", they think about European medieval stuff, so From would mention that they want people who can design Japanese-style stuff if they wanted people for Sekiro

So you're are too beta to even duel with strangers on the internet?
My condolences.

>that was just a misunderstanding
No it's not you retard. He literally said they're working on it.

According to this thread the B team has made every game since DeS, what have the A team being doing? Making Sekino?

If you have ever died 100 times to a boss in any of these games, it's on you for being incredibly retarded. They are nowhere near that hard.
The hardest bosses of them all should take like 5-10 tries for any normal person.

Sekiro is made by team A under miyazaki. Ds3 was team b and mainly tanamura directed. Also had a

>I don't care about PvP, its for manbabies like you anyway.
Makes sense since every souls game you defend had shit pvp and online. Bloodborne being the worst

All I’ve learned from this thread is you can’t judge a game off trailers and you’re all retards.

No, DS3 was Miyazaki, Tanimura only did PvP since he's much better at that than M.

so you're too beta to play an actual pvp game, instead of invading newbies in a game that was mainly made for single player

yeah, they've always looked a bit cheap, but the art design is enough to compensate

Miyazaki did hint at a BB like twist, so maybe the second half of the game might be dark fantasy?

>he thinks multiplayer is relevant at all when it comes to which game is better
Nice of you to reveal yourself as the kind of pathetic PvP fag that ruined the entire Souls fandom with your cancer.
Literally no one cares about you or agrees with you, 99% of people play these games for the single player content. Which is a thousand times better in the A-team games, DeS, DS1 and BB.
DS2 and 3 had poor single player content in comparison.

A team have been too busy sucking senpai miyazaki's tiny little cock.

I know you're exaggerating user but the real tough part of these games is that they demand your full attention at all times as almost any enemy can kill you in a few hits. You should consider retrying one of them and telling yourself to take it slow, beat one boss a day or clear one area in a day, etc. These games also have obscene amounts of options to make it easier on you, not even just the multiplayer. In the souls games you can do gay magic builds that make a lot of fights easy mode. In bloodborne it's really easy to overlevel too.

>DS3 was Miyazaki
So according to previous posters
>DS3 was b team
Which means Miyazaki is b team.

You sound upset about something don't take it out on a good game

Wow they are very lucky.

DeS was B team though fuckboy

Is this image supposed to imply the DS2 bosses are bad? You need to have average bosses to contrast with the epic ones. Every boss in 3 is tryhard anime shit with super loud EPIC music.

3 has no soul. None.

It wasn't a disaster. End of story.

I invade ganks to 2v1 or 3v1 them.
Or just do Arena duels with unique non meta builds.

Slaying noobs during sales isn't even fun for me, I much prefer to cosplay as Patches, get summoned as a purple and lead them to the mimic at Wall of Lothric to get them killed without touching them.

>3 has no soul. None.
That's because Miyazaki and his b team made it

DS3 and 2 are B-team garbage. Stay mad PvP cuck.
You are delusional if you think DS3's PvE combat is better than in DS1. It has the same problems as DS2, there is no impact of your weapons hitting its target. It feels like you're cutting through butter or something. Combat felt way better in DS1 because there is actual weight to your gear and attacks.
>static estus flask animation
Literally what? How is this a complaint?
>fighting on inclines/declines not viable with certain weapons
>walls cuck you everywhere you go
That's a good thing, you have to play a different way with different kinds of weapons. You wouldn't be able to swing a giant greatsword IRL in a narrow corridoor.
>30 fps lol
We going into historical revisionism now? You're trying to act like every single console game at the time was not 30fps at most? There were literally zero PS3 games with above 30fps - with the sole exception of fighting games.

>travel into "memories" but you're actually just traveling back in time
>changing things and using your OP dragon blood to revive over and over
>your deaths are giving people dragon aids
There are several possibilities this could branch off into. Since they'd want to keep it different from Bloodborne, this dragon rot most likely won't be directly related to some evil deity's plot. Since revenge is a major theme, maybe Sekiro's deaths cause an important antagonist's love to die of dragonrot, and this antagonist sets into motion the events of the second half of the game.

>From stated multiple times that Sekiro is not an RPG and that it started as Tenchu reboot
Nice stories dude. They have not said anything like that. In fact, they literally say in the GameInformer reviews that it was never going to be a Tenchu reboot and never started as one, and that Miyazaki came to them with this Sekiro idea as a completely new concept. You are incorrect.
And Sekiro has RPG leveling mechanics and is dark fantasy, so it's obviously the game they meant with dark fantasy RPG.

you mean
>use skill to jump on giant enemy sword, running forwards on it

>You're trying to act like every single console game at the time was not 30fps
>consoles
Disgusting to be honest with you senpai

Incorrect, DS3 was Tanimura mainly just like DS2 after they fired Shibuya for ruining DS2. Miyazaki only made High Wall of Lothric, Irithyll and Cathedral of the Deep for DS3. Everything else was Tanimura.

Eat shit you Acti-Cuck shilling piece of garbage doing viral marketing here. How many of these posts are just you arguing with yourself?
Yeah, we like Dark Souls, we might give Sekiro a chance, but expect higher piracy rates because it has no multiplayer.

There, now GTFO my internet. You 3.5c/h bottom-scraping script-following mounds of human waste are destroying everything that used to be fun so you can subzist in your mom's basement after she weaned you off your allowance at 27.

No user, you're just retarded. Miyazaki is the CEO, he can put himself in charge of any team he wants. He directed Deracine too even though it had a very small team of not-Souls developers.
The fact remains, that Sekiro is being made by the same team that made DeS, DS1 and BB, with Miyazaki as the sole director, just as in those three games.
Stay seething because there is no PvP for pathetic little cucks like you.

Poster above me has shit bait.

>there is no impact of your weapons hitting its target. It feels like you're cutting through butter or somethin
This isn't true at all, the sound effects are solid and the animations congruent with what's happening. You're just upset that it's easier to stagger enemies, but that's one of the things that makes DS3 so much more fun to play.
>Literally what? How is this a complaint?
Not everyone is autistic, just because it makes the game more difficult doesn't mean it makes it more fun. Being able to move and adjust while healing keeps combat going more fluidly.
> You wouldn't be able to swing a
Yeah except this happens with all kinds of weapons, it's more dependent on the moveset's animations than the size of the weapon. Wide swinging weapons fuck you over and the tracking in DS1 is bad so thrust attacks are harder to hit with.
>historical revisionism
No, I'm comparing the state at which DS1 was released to the state at which DS3 was released. At least for me, I played DS3 on PC right away and was able to enjoy 60 FPS. Because of the aforementioned changes, they were able to turn up the speed of combat and make everything a lot more exciting and satisfying.

Fuck off already with your crying. B-team didn't exist before DS2 development started lmao.
From only had one team when Demons Souls was being made.

Fucking hell, PvP cucks were always pathetic but this is reaching a new low. You are actually THIS triggered by Sekiro? Jesus fucking christ. No wonder everyone hates the Souls community, you people are gay as fuck.

It's not the lack of multiplayer part that makes me want to pirate it, it's the fact that it only has ONE WEAPON.
A game with no move variety can't be longer than 10 hours, on par with other shitty budget Activision games, just with some extra polish.

>There seem to be a lot of influence from Tenchu. Was that intentional?
>Yes. Tenchu was the original inspiration for this work. When we started the project, we initially thought about putting it under the Tenchu series, but we gave up on that quickly. Tenchu had been developed by a very different set of people, and we felt that we wouldn’t be able to make anything but an imitation of it. So while this work was originally sparked by Tenchu, and borrows mechanics like the grappling hook and the ninja kill, it’ll ultimately be our own new game.

It's already fucking dark fantasy in the footage they are shown. How are you just ignoring all those horror themed monsters they have shown?

Would be a great way to make new game plus playthroughs unique, with the real end game being a no death run after fucking up the world by dying just once or something.

That’s normal japanese game shit.

>Disgusting to be honest with you senpai
Are you fucking retarded? You must be fucking RETARDED. Like, incredibly stupid.
DS1 was console only release originally you subhuman mongrel. And the PC version has no problem going above 30 fps, so you must have referred to the time before it was ever ported to PC.
God you are so inhumanely stupid. You should be put down.

>Stay seething because there is no PvP for pathetic little cucks like you.
Don't worry, this game will sells 1/10 of a souls title thanks to that and FROM is get working on a proper souls game with actual content. :)

I'm most likely buying Shitiro but damn I hate when games don't have character creation. Same reason I haven't gotten into witcher 3 yet. I hate being forced to play as some random faggot instead of making my own.

>A-team
>B-team
>contrarianism
>fanboyism
>rampant shitposting
One day I'll just have to make an objective side by side comparison of the game credits just to shut up both sides and cut their shitposting short, so we could have FromSoft threads with actual vidya discussions.

Fuck off you pathetic loser. No one cares about or wants multiplayer except losers.
No one fucking cares that its published by Activision in the west either. Literally no one.
Sekiro will be a much larger success than Souls games, it's already clearly much better.

You are sperging out and should calm down senpai

I just thought the Japs were that small that Snakes looked that big sorry

> he can put himself in charge of any team he wants
And apparently he can't save any game he puts himself in charge of, otherwise all souls game's would have been good since he actually had involvement in all of them even DS2. Though it was minor he still helped with aspects. What a completely failure he is, just like his blind followers.

No, it will sell more than any Souls game because no one ever cared about the multiplayer except 0.0001% of people who are mentally ill neckbeards. You are a literal nobody, no one cares about you PvP losers.

I hope the next not-souls game they make after this finally makes magic and ranged weapons a non-gimmick by using the high mobility of sekiro to meld it together with melee combat (since if your enemy can cross the 40 meters between you in 2 seconds, ranged attacks still put you in harms way)

Attached: 1531782897660.jpg (585x736, 139K)

What a shitty thread.

There's somewhat of a thread going on here if you sift through the nonsense, ignore keywords like what you greentexted here and that's a good start

Because it's not souls and it's not an rpg. It's something different.

>waaah b team didn't exist until I started saying it did
Keep crying bitch nigga. Your tears are delicious, can't wait to drink more after your master miyazaki fails in yet another souls game.

Star Wars Souls game by From set in the Kotor era when?

Attached: 1552291650433.jpg (810x798, 82K)

We had a couple of comfy Sekiro threads right after the embargo was lifted, but now they seem back to their old shitposting self. A pity. I liked the "lore" discussion over the item description snippets.

Attached: 1551915771332.jpg (656x671, 111K)

I don't care about PvP that much, but lack of varierty, builds and weapons make this look like Nioh V0.1

And Nioh didn't outsell Souls, it just did decently.
This will definitely flop for cutting soo much content and features but still being full price.

>This isn't true at all, the sound effects are solid and the animations congruent with what's happening. You're just upset that it's easier to stagger enemies, but that's one of the things that makes DS3 so much more fun to play.
Way to ignore everything I said. I was obviously talking about hitstop. DS2 and DS3 do not have hitstop, and neither does BB.
DS1 combat feels far better because of hitstop, you feel the impact of your weapon hitting the target.
>Not everyone is autistic, just because it makes the game more difficult doesn't mean it makes it more fun. Being able to move and adjust while healing keeps combat going more fluidly.
This is not a valid complaint. The game is designed so that not being able to move during Estus is no problem. So your entire complaint about DS1 is that it's too hard for you huh.
>Yeah except this happens with all kinds of weapons, it's more dependent on the moveset's animations than the size of the weapon.
Irrelevant. The fact remains it's a good thing because it forces you to play a different way with different weapons. In DS3 every melee playstyle feels the same.
>No, I'm comparing the state at which DS1 was released to the state at which DS3 was released.
DS3 was released on a far more powerful console dude, and also on PC day one.
>At least for me, I played DS3 on PC right away and was able to enjoy 60 FPS
Yes, and DS1 was only on consoles for an entire year before getting ported to PC. There were no 60 fps games on PS3 mate. Literally not a thing, this was console limitations, not the fault of the game.

Holy fuck you are so mad it's hilarious.
Literally everyone knows FromSoft was small as fuck when they were making DeS. They had like 20-30 employees.
They became a huge company after the success of the Dark Souls games retard. Only after DS1 sales were they able to hire a lot more people and form separate teams.

You are so fucking salty it's a comedy gold mine.

Only one here that is stupid is you baby boy. Console frames are disgusting tier. I played demon's souls through the RPCS3 with proper frames. I refuse to stoop down to your dogshit level framerate. You are literal subhuman trash, off yourself darling ;^)

Console fags btfo.

yes if we ignore the skill trees, the ninja tools, the parrying mechaninc, the combat and bosses designed around the player being able to jump, use the grappling hook and stealth it's just nioh 0.1

Ridge Racer 7 was 60FPS on PS3

Keep going, I'm enjoy this.
Des was worked on by 10 people from b team back in the day. Miyazaki and his a team were planning dark souls during this time

Agree to disagree on the weapon impact thing
>So your entire complaint about DS1 is that it's too hard for you huh.
Not really, not even on my first playthrough. It's like how Silent Hill for PS1 is hard because the camera is shitty. It's not really "difficult" it's just clunky and takes more effort to play for less reward.
>Irrelevant. The fact remains it's a good thing because it forces you to play a different way with different weapons. In DS3 every melee playstyle feels the same.
Nah this argument is bad, try again
>DS3 was released on a far more powerful console dude, and also on PC day one.
Yep, which is one of the reasons it's got such more fluid and fun combat than its much older, albeit more inspired predecessor.

I love how soulsfanbois instantly deflect to muh B team when something goes wrong. I sure remember all the hype when it was confirmed that Miyazaki and the fabled A team was making DaS3, until it turned out that Tanimura was also one of the directors then everyone simply blamed it on him and B team as to why the DaS3 turned out like it did. Yeah because Miyazaki can do no wrong.

it's no surprise that the sekiro haters are PC only dark souls fanboys

So what's the consensus on Sekiro? Is it shit?

[citation needed]
Nice source, just posting words.
youtu.be/ipBDs0gnPRg?list=PLoAFmgzYW18I4tfSj1V_48nLaToA8AVrX&t=80
1:20
They were clearly say that it started as a completely original game idea by Miyazaki.
Also you falsely claimed this game "started as a Tenchu reboot" when what you are quoting there only says they took some inspiration from Tenchu. These are completely different things.

I'm excited for sekiro where did you get I'm not excited for it? Difference is, I'm excited to play it at 60 frames unlike the subhuman filth that is you senpai.

Nioh had 3 stances and 10 weapon, and 2 attacks types, equaling to 60 or so attacks.
Also bows and guns as sidearms.

That's easily more than having the ability to parryspam and autistic jumping.
So unless there's 60 unlockanle moves for the sword in those skill trees, this game isn't touching the depth of Nioh or any DS game.

It's still dark fantasy when there are headless humanoids that steal your anus souls

DS3 is the best one though so I hope Taminura makes the next proper souls game and lets Miyazaki experiment with shitty meme games like Sekiro.

It’s not even out yet.

10/10 would suck Miyazaki's pekky little dick again senpai

BB > DS3 > DS2 > DS1 > DeS > Metal Wolf Chaos > Sekiro

Nioh also had mitama and living weapon mechanics which was basically a devil trigger mode. The only thing I dont like about Nioh was the diablo loot and the enemy variety.

>imagine being so subhumanely fucking retarded you can't even figure out what other people are saying
I never said I am a console player. YOU cried about DS1 being 30 fps, and I told you that was because it was a console exclusive originally, and PS3 era consoles did not have any games at 60fps.
I play everything on PC myself when possible, PC is superior in every way. You're just so fucking subhuman tier retarded that you can't even understand basic English sentences apparently.
I literally just disproved your criticism of the games framerate, when it was the platforms fault, not the games.

>varied tools with unknown gameplay applications
>jump + dodge instead of just roll
>varied block mechanic
>posture works like pseudo-stamina that doesn't punish aggression
There are also certain arts or something you can add onto Sekiro to gain access to different combos. I think it's fair to say the game won't have the raw variety that any souls games had, but because of the very very different way the combat seems to work it might work just fine. In some ways, it kind of reminds me of For Honor.

Why isn't the protagonist black?
FUCKING RACIST FROM SOFTWARE

You're so fucking mad holy shit LMFAO
Keep giving us more salt little cuck

DS1 > DeS > Metal wolf chaos > DS2 > Sekiro > BB > DS3
fixed it for you

Yeah, I forgot, I never used those because they seemed like a cheap "I WIN" button.

*iai cheeses your post*

You haven't had a single argument yet, just "no u" every time. Think it's time to end this since I won the argument and you have nothing.
Where are you getting this idea that A team ever worked on DS3? Its development started before Bloodborne was released, and BB was being made by Miyazaki and the A-team. Only after BB was released did Miyazaki join DS3 development to help a bit, they've literally said all this. Why make shit up dude?

BB > DS3 > DeS > DS1 > (didn't even play DS2 lol)

sekiro might be good

>YOU cried
That wasn't me, thus tl;dr
Imagine you're such a newfag you can't figure out who replies to you and how to keep track of anons on a Taiwanese basket weaving forum.

Literally no one in this thread has said they will play it on console, you're just delirious. Try to join us here in the real world for a second you seething cucklet.

>So unless there's 60 unlockanle moves for the sword in those skill trees
who says there arent
have you played the game

I'll keep giving you more of my A team cock if you want, but only if you put your tiny little b team cock away. It's embarrassing

le tortanic! it's gonna be epic and I'm gonna be right here and a part of it. can't wait bros
and fuck having sex!

There was no A team in BB tho? It was all the work of Sony Japan studio.

Difference is, every move in Sekiro will be important to you, while in Nioh there was never any incentive to use different stances or moves, you had 1 or 2 moves for each weapon which were infinitely superior to all the other moves.

Sure, whatever retard. In summation we agree:
>the combat in DS3 is much faster and more fluid because the game punishes standing still, unlike the inferior combat in DS1
>the higher production values afforded to the game by the current gen of consoles as well as immediate PC release allow for 60 FPS which contributes to the fluid combat

The only soo many attack animations that you can pull off with a 1 handed and 2 handed katana before they just blend into each other and that numbers is around 20.

Everyone here plays on snoy what are you even on about cucky mac cucklet

Then why the fuck would you CRY at me. Literally nothing in my post implied in the slightest that I ever play anything on console you colossal homosexual. Do you really have nothing else to do with your time than start arguments for no reason at all? How pathetic is your life?

I understand not having 20000000000 weapons like DS2 and DS3 but they should have really gone with the BB route of unique 2 in 1 weapons with cool transformation attacks.
Katana is the most boring thing possible besides a longsword.

At this point, I'm fairly sure that the sum of Japan Sutdio's work on BB were the bloodgem+chalice dungeons.
Because that's exactly the same thing they put in Gravity Rush 2.

do you think that the people at From weren't concerned about this? I can't imagine the upgrades and tools as well as the added verticality of combat aren't going to keep it varied and fresh.

You sure talk a lot about dicks. Pretty much in every one of your posts, you just can't seem to stop thinking about penises. You alright man?
Funny. Japan Studio didn't do any of the games development work actually, just tech stuff like helping create the game engine.

If you want to feel tension, try going outside for a walk

Prosthetic tools have
>attacks
>combos
>charged attacks
>sword follow-up attacks
And apparently a bunch of other options and upgrades as we've seen in the latest trailer. I think that's good enough.

Yeah right. Just like every move in DMC is just as important right? Im sure some fag will find the meta for the game in a week and discover you only need a handful of moves to win the game since From csnt balance worth shit

DS3 was more than fine

yes programming is not actual development work

No, we don't agree since you're wrong. We already went over this and you lost the argument.
DS3 combat is inferior because it's floaty and feels arcadey as fuck. It's not good for it to be "fluid" when the fluid in this context refers to the feel of your weapon cutting through fluid water when you hit an enemy. Do they not have solid bodies?
>muh framerate
Again, blame Sony for that shit.

You're fucking delusional snoyboy

>Katana is the most boring thing possible besides a longsword.
what does this even mean

Great but why not have at least spear or a hammer as a main weapon besides the sword, that would actually make the game have a decent real builds not just every build being Katana + X arm gimmick.

>the feel of your weapon cutting through fluid water when you hit an enemy
Were you playing with the sound off or something? Just because there isn't a microsecond of hitstop doesn't mean there isn't incredible feedback for hitting enemies in DS3.

This. Playing as this boring generic fucker will just feel like playing as jap Nero with the prosthetic arm bullshit. Fuck off with that shit.

By the way, it's hilarious how some loser comes to all these threads and whines about "muh only 1 attack button", when we have seen already that you combine different buttons for different attacks.
youtube.com/watch?v=Hvb6nJomuXM
29:50

Because the MC is a shinobi from Sengoku era Japan (fictional). You don't use a hammer, for the same reason Geralt doesn't use katanas, or poleaxes or whatever. (okay maybe Geralt did use weapons other than swords in the first game, but nobody on Yea Forums actually played it, so w/e). That would be out of character.

No

Unless it would have been Bloodborne 2

Bayonetta has more attacks with the katana weapon it has.

Programming a game engine is not part of developing the actual game that uses that engine, correct.
It is a separate program, as the engine is not directly tied to that one games development. Same engine was used for DS3 and Sekiro.

Its like bashing the shield of an enemy in dark souls until it guard breaks and then doing a riposte. It doesn't sound too fun does it?
But i won't say more until i get to play it. Who knows it might turn out something fun.

Attached: 1543134772140.gif (550x550, 277K)

&t=29m50s

DMC has way more moves because it's a short, linear hack n slash game man.
>Im sure some fag will find the meta for the game in a week and discover you only need a handful of moves to win the game since From csnt balance worth shit
There is no reason to assume this

the demo has none of the skill trees

>doesn't mean there isn't incredible feedback for hitting enemies in DS3
There literally isn't. It looks and feels dumb as hell.

Spears and glaives were were common in that period.
Hammers not soo much but if you're gonna go fucking magic prostetic MGS5 arms in your game, realism is out the window.

>Spears and glaives were were common in that period.
Among samurai and footmen. The MC is a shinobi. Plus he does have a spear as a prosthetic tool.

Because the combat is obviously far more complex than in their previous games. I don't know how you guys aren't figuring this out yet, considering the footage they've shown.
Just listen to yourself, can you not realize how much longer it would take to finish this game if it had even 2 more weapons, when the way the combat works is that the weapon actually has to clash with the enemys attack hitbox. If it had even 3 weapons with different movesets, this game would be delayed by 2 more years easily.

you have a spear, axe and various other weapons for your other hand

okay user, you're right and literally everyone else is wrong that the production values in DS3 are objectively better than DS1

That is the demo build of Sekiro from last years E3, it doesn't even have any of the talent trees in it yet that give you new attacks.

DMC and Bayonetta have 5+ weapons with x10 more moves and combos.

This game should at least give you 3 main hand weapons to keep players interested in trying another run.
As it is it seems like a game you'd rent, finish and send back.

It was dull

No one has said DS3 did not have higher production value.
You're so dishonest it makes you automatically lose the argument. How about actually replying to what other people really said instead of strawmanning?
Production values are irrelevant to how good the game really is. Overall as a game, DS1 is much better than DS3. Completely irrelevant that it's a smaller budget game.

Honestly the worst in soulsborne series. Couldn't even bring myself to finish it, drab yellow everywhere and generally an inferior rehash of DaS1

DS1 shits itself after Anor Londo.
DS3 is good all the way through and 10/10 in the DLCs.

Yes and DMC and Bayo are 8hour linear games dude. Sekiro is like a 40-50 hour game with probably close to 100 unique enemy types as usual in Froms games, for fucks sake. Each of these enemies have different attack animations, and you have to respond to them differently with your katana. Now imagine this times 3, if it had 2 more weapons.
What you are suggesting is ridiculous, it is far more work than what has been put on DMC or Bayonetta.

Sekiro is like a 40-50 hour game with probably close to 100 unique enemy types as usual in Froms games, for fucks sake.

50 hour game with 1 weapon? yikes.
Yeah, definitely was a good call to buy DMC5 and pirate this later.

>DS1 shits itself after Anor Londo
No it doesn't, literally only like 2-3 areas at the very end are unfinished. Anor Londo is in the middle of the game.
>DS3 is good all the way through and 10/10 in the DLCs
LMAO no. Is this how delusional DS3 fanboys are? The game is so full of bad design. The whole world is so linear it feels like a drag to ever replay the game, you basically have to take the same exact route every time. Many areas are complete trash, like the forest and the swamp. Ringed City is absolute garbage apart from the bosses. The enemies are just pure cancer that has no place in a Souls game, like the angels that nuke you from kilometers away. Souls games were always about fair challenge, where you can avoid ever dying by playing smart. Ringed City is full of shit like that which can one shot you with no warning. Trash design.

You sound retarded, not my problem. There are plenty of god tier long games with just one weapon.
This will obviously be far better than DMC5, you are in denial if you can't admit that by now. Combat is clearly better, world is far better, level design is way better. Everything really. DMC is just a linear, easy combofest.
Your argument that Sekiro should work the same way doesn't even make any sense, it's not trying to be a hack n slash game where you juggle enemies in the air for fucks sake.

You're a total manbaby.

They seemed to do it just fine in DeS, DS1, DS2, DS3 and Bloodborne where they had 200+ weapons in each besides BB and those game has hundred of enemies with a minimum of 5 attacks.

Not a single one of those games had even 100 weapons. Demon's Souls had like under 20 also.
DS1, 2 and 3 had something like 40-60.
Each of those weapons in the games had very simplistic movesets and no real combos.

In Sekiro, you have one weapon with complex combos and very complex combat. You need to stop thinking of Sekiro as a Souls game and demanding it to work like a Souls game, when it isn't trying to be that ffs.

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapons
count them faggot

And if you need to go from 200 weapons with 10 moves each to a single 1 weapon in the game go get an extra 20 moves/combos, then From really fucked up bad in making this game.

shared grave is clever use of vertical space what’s bad about it

Personally I don't mind having only one weapon, there's a lot of games where you use one weapon throughout the entire game.

most of the weapons in DS3 are half reskins and remixes

less than half

Is Sekiro purely set in fantasy Japan or is there a thematic change like with Bloodborne?

Attached: blins.jpg (600x525, 39K)

From clearly made a far better combat in Sekiro than in DS3, you must be on some serious drugs to try and claim otherwise.

It's not historically accurate, there are supernatural yokai and shit. Fuck, we knew there was a giant fucking snake and monkey since forever. No, there won't be Lovecraft rip-off shit, or ayyliens, or whatever you're expecting there to be. Goddamn BB babbies.

Sounds kinda boring

Not every game needs to be directed by M. Night Famalam.

>With all the giant monsters and crazy creatures and stuff like that, are we going to see a mid-game Bloodborne plot twist where everything goes crazy and it’s a totally new game?

>Hypothetically speaking, if this was a Bloodborne interview, we wouldn’t go, “Hey, guess what happens in the second half.” But if you can think of the opening of the game as a more traditional Japanese ninja fantasy, then it’s not going to continue along that same exact track the whole way through. I think it’s safe to say that much and I think more would be a spoiler.

There is definitely gonna be a thematic change tho. Shit has to hit the fan at some point and the plot involves a flesheating curse and demons

The demons ARE the change. You're going from a generic samurai (shinobi) action flick to FromSoft's signature dark fantasy.

You sound boring. What the fuck is boring about a Japanese setting with mythological horror monsters everywhere? It's fucking awesome

Yea Forums hates japanese settings
somehow it's over used, while european medieval fantasy is completely fresh

>Yea Forums hates Japanese settings done by the West
>Yea Forums loves European settings done by the East
woah......

Japs get the kino cover as always while westerners get bland uninspired shit. This has happened with every Souls game so far and they can't keep getting away with it.

Attached: uLtJ17Q.jpg (1196x1500, 494K)

>>Yea Forums hates Japanese settings done by the West
when did that happen?

Yeah and feudal Japanese setting is incredibly rare in games in reality. This place is fucking retarded nowadays.
In all my life I have not been able to play even 1% as many feudal Japanese setting games than medieval western setting games. There simply are nowhere near as many of them.

please laugh, user

the new sucker punch game everyone was shitting on I guess

Yeah this cover is fucking beautiful.
Wouldn't want the lame trash here

There are trophies for 12 bosses not counting the final boss because it never has its own trophy. Also there are multiple endings so there is potential for secret bosses depending on the ending bloodborne style

Only DS3 had a trophy for every single boss. None of the other games listed every boss in achievements.

dark souls only has 4 achievements for beating bosses
unless you count the few achievements for items that you get from bosses and ringing the bells, etc
there are only 4 "defeated boss x" achievements

Bloodborne has trophies for every non-chalice dungeon boss and most of those arent even bosses anyway

Also dark souls 3 is the last one so it makes sense that they continued the trend. Every time they have a lot of achievements for bosses (demons, ds3 and bloodborne) the trophies list all of them.

There is room for more bosses anyway as there is another separate trophy for beating all bosses.
Also one of them is listed in a similar way bloodborne listed the great ones (defeated great one- amygdala and so on, this time around it reads defeated master of sword- name of the character but there is only one trophy like that implying there maybe more masters of the sword) and doesnt take into account mini bosses lilke that bull from the trailer or the centipede monster we saw in the youtubers previews

Dark Souls: A, C teams
Dark Souls 2: B team
Bloodborne: A team
Dark Souls 3: B, C teams
Sekiro: A, C teams

>and doesnt take into account mini bosses lilke that bull from the trailer or the centipede monster we saw in the youtubers previews
assuming the rest of the game is similar to the demo area, it's going to have a lot of mini bosses and all of them are pretty unique and difficult
the demo area had 4 mini bosses and one real boss, so 12 bosses would mean around 50 mini bosses

I dont think there will be many more bosses considering those 12 are exactly the ones we have seen already. Only the divine dragon, the great carp, and the final boss as we dont know who it is remain to be seen from the list

You have to take into consideration the castle area as we have seen it will probably look nothing like that in the final game when it comes down to the loot and enemy layout. I'm 100% sure the corrupted monk is not that area's boss but the boss from that forest where the centipedes are

Why on earth would you think that? They've not done anything like that before.
This is definitely the beginning of the game.

We've already seen "mini-bosses" in Sekiro which are more worthy of a boss title than some of Bloodborne's "proper bosses". So I don't know why people still bring this up. And that's ASSUMING that every Sekiro boss has an achievement.

Why does no one else find this annoying? Sekiro's blood looks like literal garbage. It looks like orange juice and splashes out like a fountain the second your sword goes into anything and doesn't leave any stains anywhere.

>Looking glass knight
>Dancer of the boreal valley
Both portrayed as early game bosses during pre release

The transition to the corrupted monk boss arena is clunky as fuck.
Also you can bet your ass some of the minibosses on that area will not be there and will be moved to the place where you fight the horseman which looks like another part of the same area or to the ashina reservoir.
Specially the headless demon found in an isolated cave in the e3 demo is seen in the trailer in a completely diferent area that suits that kind of enemy much more

dark souls would have been so much more satisfying if it had good gore

>also no stamina so it's just a mashfest for panic rolls
stamina system in souls is cancer
>lol just less attacks xD 0 stamina? who cares you just cant attack lol dodge dodge dodge
good stamina system is in nioh, and sekiro have something similar

In some of the preview footage you could see blood splatter on the wall behind a samurai when he got stabbed through the chest.

you can fight and kill dancer early in the game

There will probably more than one headless enemy.

I'm gonna pirate this game and share with my normie friends who can't into torrents, fuck Activision and fuck Sekiro.

Looking Glass Knight was never in any early game demo content.
Dancer was yes but that's the only time they've done that. In DS1 network demo the area was Undead Burg and Parish, with the same bosses.
>The transition to the corrupted monk boss arena is clunky as fuck.
Yeah stuff like that is obviously different in the final product, but I mean the Corrupted Monk is most likely the first real boss in the game, after the tutorial boss which will be undefeatable.

>also no stamina so it's just a mashfest for panic rolls
Why even say this when you haven't looked at gameplay clearly?
Rolls are completely useless in Sekiro lmao. The game is all about deflecting attacks, because your dodge moves give you no i-frames. You backstep and the enemy sword hits you, you take the hit, there is no magical immunity period like in Souls. What you should have done is parry.

>So the enemies have these long crazy combos you can only avoid by rolling because you can’t tank them without poise
Based. Holding L1 was lame as fuck anyway.

>tutorial boss which will be undefeatable.
Gross, games shouldn't do this anymore

soulfags are

>10 days

Attached: dsp_sip.webm (778x460, 1.69M)

Forgot to mention dark souls 3 community test showed an irithyl knight in the spot the darkwraith is in the final game.

Its a given some of those minibosses are there for variety reasons in the demo. And yes there will porbably be many of those but the one on the castle area i dont think will be there that early in the game, same as the outrider knight from ds3 i mentioned

Ok? You showing some retarded fuckface? Is that actually you?

Nioh and DS stamina are the same

>talking about games he hasn't played yet

Hello shill

Nah, they lost me after how bad horizon zero dawn was.

Streamers played the game for 6 hpurs and defeated severeal bosses and none of them was the corrupted monk. In fact lobos jr gameplay shows they went trough the giant snake area thats right before the monk in the e3 demo.

I'm certain the monk will be fought much later in the game it doesnt make sense for a corrupted monk to be there you have to consider most bosses make sense lorewise (dark souls 3 is kind of the exception considering how heavily content got removed and swaped but for the most part it applies anyway)

There exists no valid argument in the universe against that. There is nothing wrong with doing that for storytelling purposes (basically telling the player you are too fucking weak currently to beat this guy, come back later). You lose nothing from it, you have no XP or money at the very start anyway.

Which online shop cheapest place to buy it for PC?

Based
Seething DS3 secondaries btfo

Attached: 1551087152852.jpg (642x869, 50K)

Yeah dude, I totally must be a shill because I got a pair of functioning eyes and can tell it has way better combat than Souls games.

>Streamers played the game for 6 hpurs and defeated severeal bosses
They said they only found 2 bosses, and only like one person at the event found the second one, but it was a no-no to show.

I don't see why the Monk would be a late game boss, considering it is the easiest boss they have shown. Like, by far. It seems like something that would be the first boss.
Either way, it will be in early game, I am very sure. Unless the fight is very different and much harder from the demo version.

Will this game have Denuvo?

you should be able to beat a boss with what you have, even if it's a broken straight sword, if you're motivated enough with your tiny chip damage. Denying this basically slaps From's school of design in the face, and even games with a linear story allow this (most recent example being something like DMC5)

the base is the same, but nioh has the ki pulse, and enemies can create areas where your stamina regen is reduced, which you can remove with a perfcect ki pulse while standing in the area

I was online just yesterday and it’s the exact same thing as launch. The changes they made were largely by products of switching to the same engine as BB. Except as I said before, the things that made BB’s speed it’s boon is the same thing that ruins DS3. It was never meant to be played that way.

They defeated the guy that cuts your arm (genichiro) which they couldnt show as that is the turorial area. Then the horseman because we saw the gameplay and went through the hirata states whose boss is lady butterfly as seen in the gameinformer preview. The boss they could show is in a different area and it's not the corrupted monk because there is no reason to not show her. So that's 3 areas already after the tutorial (so 4) and still no corrupted monk

That boss will show up when the ritualistic demonic shit starts hapening

Bloodborne is easily best souls game ever, but best game contender? Yeah right, you have to have the biggest fanboy goggles on.

Why cant they just release the game now? I hate game deadlines or whatever release dates. Just fucking ship it out once done. Literally nothing is going on between now and release anyway. Like wtf

I think the boss they couldn't show might actually be Lady Butterfly, because there's a story cutscene with the Divine Heir, as seen in the Launch Trailer.

You dont need to like 2 to know that dark souls 3 felt like "Now That's What I Call Dark Souls" the game. I got my platinum and never picked it up again

Because I’ve played every other souls game atleast four times through. Dark souls 3 is the first game in the series I beat and said, yup, that’s all there is.

According to this, the Monk is right after the snake

youtube.com/watch?v=mOYNW8t5bkg

>Having all this text prepared
Who needs to pay shills, with user like you around.

>Strong Contenders
>RE2 and DMCV
Fucking lol

Here's your (you), I may prefer Sekiro but I'm not blind. It'll win but only by a hair.

Attached: 1552148975247.gif (267x200, 1.59M)

Re2 will probably get nominated (will definitely not win) but dmc5 is not even remotely a goty contender

>Which is a thousand times better in the A-team games, DeS, DS1
no
>and BB
maybe