Living the dream

>gaijin pokemon artist
What's the verdict on his designs?

Attached: 1551907939633.jpg (637x630, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner#Pok.C3.A9mon
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFk1Rys8NyY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Say what you want about some of them, but the sandcastles, swords, and Klefki are literally based (and redpilled).

The sand castles are cute

Aren't those some of those from pokemon sage?

I actually love them.

He did Buzzwole and Naganadel, didn't he? Those + the swords and Meltan and Melmetal are based. I think he's head of the art direction for Gen 8, objectmon meme aside he's put out some nice stuff so I'm eager to see what's next and if that image leak is real then gimmie a cute as hell ferret, I love me some ferrets

Attached: 1479406919528.png (1656x1276, 1.45M)

Reminder that OP's image is shitty bait and turned didn't design most of those, and it's missing mons he did design.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner#Pok.C3.A9mon

No, this is sage's dex

t. former sage dev

Attached: sage dex.jpg (2110x4400, 3.29M)

Nice meme

Attached: 20190312_015101.jpg (810x1241, 148K)

Why are Pokemon fags get so upset when a modern pokemon is based off an object. Gen 1 fucking had a sphere with eyes. No offence towards Voltorb or Electrode but come on.

You can't post this bait pic outside of /vp/, retards here will think those were all actually him.

What happened with pokemon sage anyway? Are they still working on it?

All shit besides Klefki

The swords are cool. the others are meh or plain trash

>aegislash line
absolutely based
>klefki
solid
>rest
meh

Wheelbarrow is fucking based

>golurk
holy SHIT this man is based

the anchor is based, it's pretty cool to see he sticks to a theme and doesn't try to go overboard and encroach on other people's work.

Still being worked on, yes. Current team is around in between the 5th and 6th gym, AFAIK

all garbage
every gen after 3 has less and less good designs in total

Attached: shinpokered.png (256x224, 7K)

>he made the little nut thing too
this is just sad

Attached: 1543964853383.png (1028x505, 257K)

>Shadow lugia
>favorite pokemon is deoxys

Why does /vp/ rip on a guy with better taste then most of the degenerates here?
Nevermind, answered my own question.

The context is why. Voltorb and Magnemite are stated to be made of components not found in nature in multiple dex entries. The snow cone and garbage bag are totally natural and have no human influence.

In the alternate universe where this image is accurate then he's absolutely GOAT.

>Literally trashbags
shit
>Ice cream
Shit
>Gears
Poor man's magnemites and second stage is pointless
>Klefki
Shit
>Honedge line
Awesome
>Sandcastle
Cool
>Anchor
Interesting
>Magearna
Top waifu
>Meltan
Shit
>Melmetal
okay

>Charizard
>Height 5'7"
I knew genwunners acted liked children but I didn't realized they were as small as them too.

Heights can vary you autist. There was a huge charizard in the anime that dwarfed Ash's charizard.

I'd like to remind everyone that Charizards are manlet size and that the anime fucking lied to you. Five Foot Seven Inches

>Magnemite are stated to be made of components not found in nature in multiple dex entries
Gonna need a source on that one, big guy

So what? There are fishermen in the games that ask you to bring them giant fish pokemon.

Those are outliers. They are equivalent to people who are 7'4".

Attached: 1529209471205.png (1162x81, 14K)

I see how this is going.
>new bad old good
If you want to complain that you feel like some of the newer Pokemon are overdesigned I get it, but if you are arguing about what is being turned into a Pokemon, I want to point out the franchise started out with

>Three Piles Of Sludge/Goo
>A Ball of Gas
>Rock with Arms
>Magnet
>Magnets
>A Trio of Digletts
>A Seal
>Eggs or Seeds or Whatever
>Piles of Vines
>Jynx
>Pokeball
>Upside Down Pokeball

Guys, this isn't a real list. He didn't make all of those.

>inb4 manga
this was before pokemon was turned into baby shit full of happy plastic cosplay animals

Attached: 1548549455478.jpg (501x505, 75K)

I honestly think the sandcastle is the worst pokemon design ever.

That's not Magnemite you illiterate fuck

Attached: 1547254147792.gif (396x335, 2.7M)

In the manga magnemite is stated to be team rocket technology so I'll accept your concession.

Loneleaf is the best Pokemon design since gen 2

>retards already fell for this
>they'll keep falling for it

Attached: police.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Despite this image, the vast majority of adult men around the world are around 6'0"

Attached: ANDREA-MITCHELL-KAREEM-ABDUL-JABBAR.jpg (570x769, 66K)

>using pokemon as a tool means they invented them
No. And the manga has as much bearing on canon as the anime, so also no.

Trubish, ice creams, anchor and sand castles are good.
Klingklang line is godawful. The bunny thing sucks too.

>The snow cone and garbage bag are totally natural and have no human influence.
Nigga. what are you talking about? Didn't the pokedex mention that the garbage bags were created by pollution?

Yes. That user is just a genwun apologist

A living garbage bag is dumb. Also a dex entry says the snow cones have naturally existed since the ice age.

>Magearna
Based and cutepilled

Attached: d6bc8f36253087d2f5af2cd064824d34.png (1024x1820, 1.45M)

So we see that Magnemite actually doesn't fall into your category of "it's fine because of context," and that Trubbish does. Are you ready to admit it's just nostalgia bias?

You only like the sword because it's OP as fuck.

Magearna and Aegislash are kino

The rest are fucking trash though

Magnemite is made by humans. A fucking robot. It's only found near urban areas and abandoned factories/power plants. Nu-pokeyman retcons don't mean shit to me either.

>Also a dex entry says the snow cones have naturally existed since the ice age.

lol
>first white guy allowed to make pokemon
>makes this shit
fucking hell

Attached: 1544587681471.png (1167x29, 6K)

Show anything in the games (not noncanon shit) that says that are man made. Literally anything.

Actually, he made this shit

>Golurk
>Buzzwole
>Shadow Lugia
Unironically based

>Golurk
>Mandibuzz
>Trevenant
Based as fuck.

For the ice cream, in universe they based ice cream off the evolution line. If we can excuse the pokemon who were created by man as an excuse for the ones that are objects, then the reverse should apply. I mean we have objects based off animals in our world.

And when people complain about object pokemon, I disregard everything they say when they bring up any ghost pokemon. That's like complaining about the rock types being rocks or the grass type being plants. Ghosts posses things.

This man gets it

object pokemon that are heavily implied to be manmade like voltorb, magnemite, claydol, golurk are fine

ice cream and trash is stupid
a mushroom that looks like a pokeball is also stupid because we're supposed to believe that it just naturally sprung out of the ground looking like a pokeball

dont samefag

>magnemite
Not implied to be man made
>trash is stupid
It is implied to be man made
>dont samefag
I didn't

I liked Klingklang and the Doublade line. I'm sure we all agree snowcones, keyring and meltan are terrible though.

The mushroom one is stupid.
I think the biggest crimes of the ice cream and trash bag are their evolution being way too overdesigned. I fine the first forms kind of cute in a weird way.

Attached: NotSameFag.png (1242x233, 17K)

>trash
a pile of plastic and garbage coming to life by itself is dumb

>ib4 grimer
it was toxic waste brought to life by magic moonbeams in canon

It's a pollution monster. No issues when moon rays resulted in the creation of Grimer? Garbodor is fine. If anything the flaw with it is simply that it doesn't actually look enough like trash, they're just nebulous blue and pink dots of "unknown toxin" and a brownish lumpy skin instead of actual moldy food or something. It's also apparently supposed to look vaguely similar to Totoro.

Attached: garbtotoro2.jpg (500x282, 40K)

also the sebject of klingklangIt's found in a remote cave in the wilderness and has no description pointing to being made by people. Just a mass of googly eye gears that looks exactly like manmade gears found living in the wild. It's stupid.

Meltan is cute and BASED

So toxic waste coming to life by moonbeams is fine but garbage coming life by moonbeams is dumb? I don't understand your logic.

yeah you can blame Ken Sugimori for that one, he personally designed the Klinklang line and took credit for it publicly

The garbage wasn't brought to life by anything in dex entries though. It's just plastic garbage bags that sprung to life.

>a mushroom that looks like a pokeball is also stupid because we're supposed to believe that it just naturally sprung out of the ground looking like a pokeball
Yeah, that'd be as dumb as a spider that just happened to have an hourglass on it's back for no reason.

Attached: default-1464385740-207-black-widows-red-markings-may-be-more-visible-to-predators-than-prey.jpg (720x405, 12K)

His gen 5 was garbage, but he made up for it later

kys shitposter

Attached: shiggydog.jpg (104x101, 6K)

It was caused by a chemical reaction. Makes as much sense a magical moonbeams. Also, they never said anything about moonbeams until gen 3, and you sure as hell did have problems with it before that revelation.

>It's another objectmons hate thread episode
I wish I could kill everyone of you furry faggots.

Attached: P11_Magnezone_de_Zero_2.png (447x253, 173K)

>I have no argument
>uh kys
>that'll show him

oh wow another pokemon thread on Yea Forums where autists screeching about old vs new designs
love me some re-runs

post your favorite mons and soundtrack instead

Attached: mz.jpg (600x333, 52K)

>posting the worst one
Gen4's evolution retcons were a mistake

objectmons made before gen 5 are ok

Attached: stupid sexy magnezone.webm (510x288, 1.81M)

anime is also not canon.

not him but ackchually it was said on Grimer's first TCG card
I like the dynamic of predator and prey they have between the pollution monsters, as well as garbodor completing solid pollution after grimer's liquid and koffing's gas

>ash greninja
>pikachu cry

>retcons
That's not what that word means, autist

yep.
not canon

Unironically love his designs
People who bitch about "MUH ICE CREAM CONE" and "MUH GEARS" need to look back at Gen 1 and "pile of purple goo" and the unforgettable "bird with Toriyama eyes"

>genwunner thinks the anime counts and is canon from the video games that first came out with real data

they might as well be. the only one that was decent was froslass.

The verdict is .

>Manchild thinks his preferred flavor of trash makes him better than the other trash eaters
Pokemon is literally worse than cod but you retards keep eating it up.

>the designs are shittier
>the plot is shittier
>the gameplay is even shittier

what keeps you pokay autists coming back

Attached: modern pokemon.webm (1920x1080, 1.55M)

Are you a masochist for joining threads you dont like?

Attached: (You).png (500x460, 25K)

STOP WHAT RE YOU DOING TO THAT MAGNEZONE

Attached: 1549347450323.gif (280x189, 2M)

Why? This was created by a furry no one can trick me.

Stop hating on cutest mon.

Attached: 1e1eaec92dc7614a26d0bacc496679f4--all-pokemon-projects.jpg (236x236, 10K)

>furry
I dont see any fur

Attached: 1521795840925.jpg (800x600, 78K)

I mean to be fair, gears are manmade, but there is a planthopper that was recently discovered to have gears as a part of its body. But yeah the klang design line is shit

>hire a Western artist for your game
>one of his first designs is "The Diapered Pokémon"
Can't make this shit up.

Attached: asian forty seven.webm (812x720, 110K)

the third sword evo looks garbage

That is rad as fuck. 6yo me would be using my pants if it was on that pokegod site.

>its a retcon because I don't like it

Triangles, squares and hexagons are naturally occurring in nature.
Pokeball shapes don't.

What do you get out of spamming these blatantly false bait images every day

>muh ice cream
It's an icicle with powdered snow on it. You know a natural occurrence. Something you might find when icicles fall down.

He completes the pollution trio 4 generations later. You already got sea and air from Gen 1.

Circles and lines are occur in nature?

yeah I know I already posted that

>totally natural ice cream in a cone with a straw

Attached: 1548102996520.jpg (600x791, 426K)

>totally natural tortoise with literal canons protruding from its shell

Attached: 1551950996906.gif (650x612, 380K)

some of these are pretty neat.

blastoise is the SHELLFISH pokemon

SHELLFISH have siphons sticking out of their shells that blow out water

Attached: 1544555463311.jpg (306x165, 13K)

>citing mistranslations

They can shoot water pretty hard too.

What the fuck are you talking about? That's no mistranslation.

Attached: 1543183913654.jpg (1080x608, 348K)

It literally is. Blastoise is the Shell Pokémon in Japanese. Not Shellfish.

The only ones in that image he designed were the ice cream ones. Don't listen to OP

Blastoise cannons are exactly like the water siphons on shelled sea animals.

Attached: 1533418813744.jpg (945x819, 38K)

Yet he is a tortoise and is never referred to as "shellfish" except in an English mistranslation. Incredible.

>he is a tortoise
he's a monster with a turtle shell, cat ears, and siphon water cannons

meltan is ok

>Trevenant
based and entpilled

blastoise is called kamex in japanese
idk if that has anything to do with tortoises either

Aw yes, so NATURAL

kame is turtle or tortoise apparently.
I guess that's why Kamek is called kamek

It's evolution is just two loneleaf standing on top of each other

nothing about it is unnatural

it has parts of real world animals all combined into one monster

meanwhile you've spent the last half hour defending a prehistoric ice cream cone with a straw and googly eyes

So a "straw" is unnatural but a steel canon isn't? And why is that? Having a tube that exists the body is fine but only as long as it shoots pressurized water?
And googly eyes are as natural as anime eyes.

AQUATIC ANIMALS HAVE WATER SIPHONS THAT LOOK LIKE CANNONS AND SPRAY WATER

NO ANIMAL LOOKS LIKE A LIVING NATURAL ICE CREAM CONE WITH CARTOON EYES AND STRAW STICKING OUT OF THEIR HEAD

Attached: 1540937316183.jpg (2250x3000, 474K)

>NO ANIMAL LOOKS LIKE A LIVING NATURAL ICE CREAM CONE WITH CARTOON EYES
No animal looks like a tortoise with cat ears and cannons either
>AND STRAW STICKING OUT OF THEIR HEAD
How do you know it's not one of those water siphons you keep bringing up?

Japan has a large species of shellfish called Gooey Ducks that can spray water far with their siphons.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFk1Rys8NyY
If you don't the shellfish inspiration in blastoise you're hopeless.

But it doesn't look anything like Blastoise. You are literally screaming that nothing in real life looks like Vanillish.

I remember these, my dad joked about how they looked like a benis

I wish garbadoor had a more industial look to him, a steel beam sticking out, a barrel, maybe a bike or car part

I actually fucking love the Vanilluxe line. Look how fucking happy that ice cream is, how can anyone hate these cheery lads?

That said Aegislash is fucking baller and if he isn't in SwSh I'm not fucking buying it.

No, but it can contain it!

>SwSh
Gross

No animal looks like mimes and magnets but it's ok when genwun does it.

the humanoid gen 1 pokemon are based off of people not animals for the most part no shit

jynx is a human lady
mime is a human clown
machoke is a human bodybuilder

>ignores the comment about magnets
Yo, what are some real world cats with gold coins affixed to their skulls while we're at it.

>people are unironically falling for this pro-objectmon or not

wow this is so unrealistic...

Attached: depositphotos_39284115-stock-photo-ice-castles-icicles-and-ice.jpg (1023x682, 80K)

Funny how all the shit designs Yea Forums hates are attributed to him. Really makes you activate those Acorns.

Wait....didn't he just design the Vanillite line?

He did a couple of others

I know, I mean in that list in the OP.

They aren't though

>Living trash bag and mons based on ice cream bad
>Living magnets, eggs, Pokeballs with eyes and a mole that evolves into three moles good

Genwunners, stop. Just stop. If you really hate the new designs but are such hypocrites that you say nothing about how the old designs were, your bias is out in the open, festering for everyone to see. Get the fuck over it or just stop playing Pokemon games. You people are clearly salty and pining for nostalgia.