Shin Megami Tensei V will Sympathize with the times

Discuss

Attached: SMT V.jpg (1252x1136, 327K)

How do you go from the Megami Tensei game/movie in 87 to
Persona 5

Didn't they say that after it got announced beyond a mere teaser

So a game about how fucked up everything is right now?

This is code for: "We're doing something similar to Persona 5 with SMTV because P5 sold a lot"

From what has been shown and said we can expect "literally my mom's Nocturne" I feel. Whether this is good or bad I don't know.

With how current Atlus quality is not something I feel can really be estimated, the inconsistency of them is baffling. Old Atlus was always a bit rough but with enough edge and charm to overcome that. With how things went with IV:A ripping off Nocturne and recycling its themes may be better then anything the nee team would come up with.

Attached: 48396561_p0.jpg (707x1000, 590K)

Is the game going to be about sex robots and forever aloners?

>Shin Megami Tensei V will Sympathize with the times
BASED
this means it'll be about eradicating disgusting faggots and trannies

It's code for SJWification, like how Yakuza PC port was "changed to sympathize with the times" to remove the transphobic and homophobic shit.

And that game was also published by SEGA

According to Resetera, this game will either have a Dual protagonist option like Persona 3 or a sole female protagonist

>october 2017
yeah, we know op
>One of Atlus’ goals with Shin Megami Tensei V is to get people to take another look at the “characteristics of the times.” Yamai says there’s likely a lot of people out there who are frustrated with unemployment, uneasiness about life in retirement, terrorism and nuclear weapons, and other troubles both at home and abroad. He wants to make a Shin Megami Tensei that sympathizes with these current times, and that is the challenge.
oh no how terrible

Considering SEGA said the same thing about Yakuza ports and those had tranny shit removed or changed to not treat them like a joke, unlikely

Attached: japtran.png (957x250, 30K)

It's probably just the up-to-date version of Cozy Okada's love of BOY THE KIDS SURE ARE NIHILISTIC THESE DAYS HUH

I wish

Does that mean we won't get Nuclear elemental skills again?

>BOY THE KIDS SURE ARE NIHILISTIC THESE DAYS HUH
Is he wrong though? Memes are nothing but irony making fun of the absurdity of current society and how misserable we are. Youth is more nihilistic then ever really.

fuck off

Seething

I mean, so did Strange Journey.

that has nothing to do with SMT
there's always routes where you do very questionable shit
it ain't an apocalypse game if all you're gonna do is PG-approved crap

ITS gonna be Yhvh designed to resemble Trump

Probably, he's super unpopular in Japan and is parodied constantly in mangas.

Atlus games are very anti-sjw, don't worry.

spoken like a true secondary

IN JAPAN, not America or anywhere else

Will we get another Pro Japan message like IV?

Attached: 1375716370013.jpg (1300x750, 344K)

Isn't the mobile game about jewtubers or something?

cry more

terrorism and nukes i understand but how would they put the rest in?

Attached: 1546646300168.png (400x240, 96K)

I can't exactly stop you from spouting shit, but the fact that you got upset for a split second is enough

tranny

newfag

It will be about zoomers watching Demon livestreamers.

if i have to post a screencap from tae's arc in raidou 2 i will

>There are surely many people frustrated by troubles both at home and abroad, such as anxiety about finding a job and getting old, or terrorists and nuclear weapons. I want to make a Shin Megami Tensei game that can sympathize with such an era

Attached: 1509324043347.gif (384x240, 397K)

>terrorism and nuclear weapons
So V will be a homage to I?

Attached: Thorman unleashes the freedom.png (814x623, 180K)

Do it

and IV
and the end of megami tensei 1

Who really knows anything about Japanese politics. Its SMT, The last boss will still be God, You'll use 3 ugly monsters you don't like and High Pixie as your party, the female lead will betray you at some point and you'll spend 90 minutes trying to come up with the perfect Japanese name for the protag.

We all know SMT V is going to be Nocturne with a dose of Norsepill.

Attached: Baldr.jpg (900x1240, 197K)

They should just make another Nocturne.

What's your go-to name for your SMT protagonists? I've always used Shinji Mikami, ever since Nocturne on the PS2.

HERO unironically.

A nuke that leaves living things unharmed would be great.
Just imagine how amusing it would be watching the vast majority of humans try to survive without the precious modern comforts, tools, systems, and structures they have grown accustomed to and taken for granted.
hahahahaha
they'd be forming various factions within a couple of months

Emofag-sama

didn't cap everything but i knew this might come in handy

Attached: tae.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

whenever i can name an entire squad of characters i name them after cute kpop girls.
never played an SMT game, but i have strange journey redux sitting on my shelf. should i play it?

Attached: jisoo.gif (178x319, 1.07M)

>didn't cap everything
You break my heart.

Louis Cypher

My name, of course. I'm neutral, fair, and balanced, with a wittily human sense of humor.

Always Solomon.

Momo

Attached: woah.jpg (398x398, 12K)

>kpop
You are a massive dick gargling faggot.

Will it have Dante and Bayonetta though?

Just how different is SMT from Persona? I like Persona but never tried a SMT game.

If your name isn't Japanese then it's that's Chaos, not Neutral.

otoya

Attached: 3135511_0.jpg (1200x630, 54K)

Bayonetta.

Attached: 63032991_p1.png (1200x1117, 687K)

Very different tonally.
Instead of holding hands and using the power of friendship, you kill your friends because they had the nerve to disagree with you. The combat is pretty similar.
They should have Nero be a lawfag character and Bayo be a chaosfag.

Shin Igama or [My real name]

This post is code for:"Persona 5 is the only megaten game I've ever played yet I feel like I know everything about the series"

Hugh Mann

Ichi Ichiro

What is "the times" if not a newspaper?

Attached: Raidou.jpg (850x1063, 248K)

A miserable little pile of secrets.

Lance Murdock

whatever the canon name is, or a slightly shortened version if the canon name doesn't fit using normal english letters.

>Shin Megami Tensei V will Sympathize with the times
so it's going to be about Trump?

Best girl.

Attached: Heat.png (850x1303, 1.59M)

Oh yeah, and Steven was a good guy making DSP and breaking down the Expanse wall so they could come here.

So its going to suck

>Steven was a good guy making DSP
wooooooooooow dude

Hee Trump

>10/24/17
fuck off faggot, go to /vr/

Hugh Mungus

BLUMPFPT

Finally, a SMT about remilitarizing and wiping out the Chinks this time.

>like how Yakuza PC port was "changed to sympathize with the times" to remove the transphobic and homophobic shit.

What?

I name them after different Kamen Riders (Inui Takumi, Godai Yusuke, etc.).

Attached: 1476340583045.jpg (758x1082, 636K)

When will they stop portraying gays as child predators?

Attached: PMbJaKQ.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

I think they removed some sidequests in 3’s PS4 version. Never heard of them censoring some PC version though.

Everyone in that conversation is of age.

Basically:
Yakuza had some side missions featuring some tranny dude who looked like a football player with square boobs.

Trannies complained that Kiryu called him "it" at one point, and in a later mission if you fail to get away from it Kiryu is raped (I think to death?) by him in an alleyway.

The remake completely removed him, which means the game actually has less trannies in it now, clocking in at a whopping Zero (0) (Nada) (Zilch)

The remaster's also adding back in some shit that was cut from the original localization.

So, pick your poison: 20% of the side quests are just sorta missing, and there's a tranny in the game that can rape you, BUT HEY AT LEAST YOU CAN SAY "IT" ONCE,

OR

More content and no goddamned tranny bullshit to deal with.

If you genuinely believe removing some tranny and his sidequest is SJWfication, then listen to this based retard here
Alternatively, if removing trannies seems better to you than keeping them in for "japanese humor", believe THIS user

For reference, this is the Tranny that got shitcanned from the remake

Attached: TRANNY_REMOVED.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

IV, while rough around the edges as well and filled with some odd points due to the not entirely straightforward story, captured the SMT atmosphere pretty well, and was a decent game if not on the easy side after you min-max stats and get good skills.

While IV:A was more of a side project based on the world of IV, not exactly spearheaded by Yamai, and taking a lot of feedback from newer Atlus staff.
I have more faith that V would be more in line with what he's done with SJ, Yamai himself said he prefers the "bitter" aspects of SMT, over the lighter elements the team put in IV:A. Overall, I think the problem is just trying to balance the old school slap your ass silly feel of classic SMT, with the need to attract a larger audience with more character RPG elements like modern games.

That's just a crossdresser though.
Are they related to trannies now?

Addendum: Tranny was removed from the remaster entirely, this is not a PC specific change.

Well that sucks. I played Yakuza 0 a few months ago finally. Been looking forward to Kiwami. Guess I could always play the original version at some point since I can read Nip.

He's apparently transgender, I guess?
If I can be honest they can definitely be the same thing, a big dude who wants to be a girl seems like a likely candidate for crossdressing

I always enjoy the social commentary in SMT games, from Gotou in 1 literally being Mishima, to all the crazy nationalism crap in IV about how Japan got its ass kicked so hard, they basically lost their balls after fighting other nations.

Chaos will be a bunch of millennials without jobs bitching about the nuclear appcolypse being anti green and fuck god. Law will be a bunch of rich retirees doing proxy wars and killing chaos punks with military demon drones.

Removing a tranny from a game sounds a lot like eradicating all trannies, user

Don't worry, SMT games are too time-consuming for you. I'm sure threatening to kill your favorite plastic dolls whenever they are seen in public with boys is already filling up your schedule well enough

Drumpf and trannies in my SMT???

>we want to make smt more appealing to a wider audience so we'll change it to a more lighthearted high school setting and remove most of the heavy metal bible and mythological stuff
>okay that worked but what if we take a step further and add visual novel elements with focus more on the school stuff

>durr I'll pretend to be retarded durr
user SMT devs are japanese
america =/= japan

Why do you post in threads for games you don't play?

Attached: 273_-_Drag_Queen.jpg (448x720, 61K)

>taking a lot of feedback from newer Atlus staff.
Not just "taking a lot of feedback", the original IVA got scrapped completely and the team was forced to make it more attractive to younger audience.
In any case, it didn't sell nearly as well as IV, so the team is probably given more freedom now.

Attached: 1548693519648.jpg (373x554, 79K)

You mean like I, II, Nocturne, and pretty much every game in the series? Stop reading that retard Eirikr, he's only good for scanning artbooks.

Attached: 1530755257458.png (756x664, 525K)

I use their canon names, slightly altering them to sound better for my tastes.

"Rob", because I'm Rob.

Why does everyone assume it has to be politics? I mean there is much more to a game than that.

I saw some thread where some dude pointed out how the IV team had some quarrel with the Persona team because they refused doing some cleansing ritual. Hope this means a more serious story for SMTV

>cleansing ritual
What?

Because a lot of it is politically motivated. Even in Japanese games, seeing things get changed because they don't want westerners to pitch a fit isn't unheard of. It may not be due to politics, but these days it often is.

Featuring RODIN_____ of the Bayonetta series!

Attached: 1550721657716.gif (620x510, 79K)

Is that a young Beat Takashi? Is he going to voice something? Might pick it up, if that's the case.

Attached: aramajapan_beat-takeshi-headed-for-divorce-pic-of-rumoured-girlfriend.jpg (400x300, 19K)

yeah he voices the protagonist

I meant purification ritual, whoops didn't find the correct word for that

That's Kazuyuki Yamai. He's leading the SMT team in Atlus nowadays.

Attached: 1545896969836.jpg (783x456, 141K)

Probably due to a paradigm shift when I think about it. Ten years ago It use to be Conservative Evangelicals vs Liberal Athiests and the fight over freedom of expression. 30 years ago it was the Satanic panic, and even almost 500 years ago it was the Salem Witch Trials. Now it's the Politically incorrect vs the Political Correct crowd. Unfortunately it's going to be a year or two left until it finally ends and we can have more of a discussion than politics. It's not like I do not want to talk about it. But I always find it more fun to engage in philisophy and themes of a game than anything else.

This. I name them Hero Matsuyama.

That would be 100x better.

Bump.

They announced this game a bit early, didn't they?

Japan understands trans people are still people. They make them get sterilized so they can't breed but then they consider them still useful to society for stuff like your post.

>Matsuyama
>nine symbols
That won't fit in most games.