Do I need to play the previous DMC games in order to enjoy 5?

pic unrelated

Attached: wpup63kq85g21.jpg (750x737, 48K)

>DMCV is the continuation of the story

what the fuck do you think?

There's a handy catch-up video vignette as an option in the menu. That said, you should play them since they're good games.

no but you might need to play them in order to get most out of the game and it's story

Imagine being so bad you accidentally vaccinate the mother's breast

Might as well ask here, is DMC1 viable while only focusing on one weapon? Or do I really need to keep switching back and forth between Alastor and Ifrit?

Why is he vaccinating tits?

Technically speaking, you need Ifrit to fight Frosts because DMC1 has great enemy concepts but shit enemy design.
Practically speaking, you can just keep alternating between Alastor's High Time (the launcher) and a shot from the grenade launcher - it'll work.

You vaccinate the girl, only the girl gets the immunities. You vaccinate the tits, the whole family gets the immunities.

That's some big brain thinking user

Understandable.

There's a cutscene in the start of the game that will give you a very general overview of the plots of the previous games to get you up to speed. You'll miss a lot of references and cool shit, though. I'd recommend playing the other ones that aren't 2, they all have functional PC ports now.

How do I get the Tits?

You can skip the first two desu. A lot of anons will call me a casual faggot for finding DMC1 boring and tedious, but most agree DMC2 ain't shit.

I can kind of see where you're coming from with DMC1. It's kind of rough in places. And I hate thinking of it that way cause I love a lot about it from it's style and gameplay.

For me, playing DMC1 after DMC3 and DMC4 resulted in respecting it a lot. The game has a shitload of problems, but the sheer innovation that game brought was outstanding.
Ironically, DMC4 also gets better after DMC1.

You should probably play DMC 1 3 and 4 (maybe 2) first. I know it's tempting to play the new and hyped game while it's still hip so you can take part in the discussion but the game will be a lot more meaningful and rewarding if you play the others first.

I recommend giving 1, 3 and 4 a playthrough. The story will have much more impact if you're already invested in the story.

I started DMC1 today, got the HD collection recently. My complaints:

Yellow orbs don't refill after you die a certain amount of times. I thought they functioned like lives, returning after a game over, but the reality is that once you fuck up too many times on one level, you'll have to sink money into them for the rest of the game or else risk doing 20 minutes of gameplay over again every time you die on a boss.

The lion boss is bullshit. I'm already fighting bosses that can take off half my health in one blow like an hour into the game? Damn, cut me some slack. At least it goes down quick once you know how to hit it.

The camera angles switch a little too much. I understand that the many fixed camera angles probably have something to do with the fact that the game began life as a Resident Evil 4 prototype, but it's distracting and disorienting sometimes with how it can mess with the controls. The scorpion boss was harder than it needed to be because the damn pillars kept blocking my view.

You're going to mostly want ifrit for Inferno on the nobodies, meteor strikes for griffon, and rolling blaze for nightmare beta's dial-sitting. Get the sword cancelling down for Alastor and there's little reason to switch otherwise.

You need to play previous DMC games in order to enjoy them.

>Yellow orbs
Load instead. You can save/load in the game.
>lion boss
You mean Shadow? It's not a boss, it's a gimmicky "use your guns" enemy. Use your guns.
>camera angles
Yeah, it's bad. To be fair, it's even worse in Bayonetta so there's that.

99 Int

God I love jabbing needles into titties.

nah. The story in these games is so irrelevant you can literally summarize the plot of each game in like 2 sentences or less.