March 2019... I am forgotten...

Attached: rdr2.jpg (1280x720, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/2019 i am forgotten/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just wait for the PC release bro

it was on sale the other day so I've been playing it

it's okay

I bet Dutch is the snitch, that line where he asks why Arthur didn't take the deal offered by pinkertons that he just brushes off wasn't a meaningless line. dutch cares about arthur and wants him to get out

Yeah, that's it. You got it.

Well I'm a really smart and observant fellow. Sometimes it's not fun though, cause you don't win a prize for guessing what's going to happen, all you get is diluted excitement, because if you let the story tell you what's going to happen, it's shocking, but if you figure it out first, enh. I did that with Ghost Trick recently too.

Attached: 6b.jpg (290x290, 42K)

Shut the fuck up retard

Attached: w.png (358x199, 92K)

Funniest thread I've read in a long time. Good job fellas.

>hold white line for details

i DON't KNOW what the FUCK that means i keep trying buttons but nothing works

Good. Rockstar are extremely pretentious and it’s annoying how all their games sell like crazy despite their typical, vapid, up-its-own-ass games.

kys op this thread is even worse than shit dead moviegame

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/2019 i am forgotten/
Get help.

Attached: hm.png (791x1119, 495K)

Retard

It's the options menu.

Attached: 1548277564767.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

Do you sniff your own farts too?

based whore poster either at work or not with his girlfriend

You got it, on the ol' night shift again. I actually spent a good chunk of the weekend freeroaming and hunting in RDR2, was pretty fun.

Attached: 1548277028931.jpg (1920x1080, 376K)

>tfw it's only chapter 2 and my honor is high enough
>fucking Micah Bell missions making me lower it and raising them up is hell to do
>cheats not even patched which disabled saving
overall the game is 10/10

>thinking I will fall for your dumb fake spoilers

Attached: kfuuu.png (300x300, 128K)

I'm playing through the game again myself. I'm trying to arrange the missions in an order that makes sense to narratively to me, while doing as much free roam in between as I can. My goal is to have most of the trapper's clothes made before completing Ch. 2.

Getting good honor is pretty easy and you can gain that from helping people out.

Needs SP DLC quickly.

Shouldn't have bothered with MP at all.

yeah, because it's a single player only game you dumb fucking faggot spamming piece of shit

I've ridden in 3 hours and white dots barely comes off the map
should I rescue those arrested by bounty hunters/sheriff?

If you really want honor just go to St. Denis and say hi to everyone or go fishing and throw the fish back after catching them

Don't bother with the honor bar until the last chapter where it actually affects things of importance and also moves quicker (1.5x multiplier on all actions in both directions).

I want singleplayer DLC too. The multiplayer is barren and awful.

Attached: 1550157829219.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

Comfiest camp?

Attached: 1550162435432.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

Clemens followed by Overlook. Everything else is definitely not comfy

don't read your replies if you don't want the actual spoiler

The Rockstar Fanboy Checklist:
>go back to Fortnite
>zoomer
>you have ADD/ADHD
>impatient
>short attention span
>nitpicking
>you're opinion doesn't matter
>I never had a problem/it's on you
>Rockstar sold x amount of copies
>the horses are better than RDR1
>the controls are better than RDR1
>it's only the beta
>10/10
>Online review scores
>reddit spacing
>angry PC gamer
>nintendie
>muh realism
>muh immersion
>it's a single player game
>it's not a twitch shooter
>nobody complains about x
>masterpiece
>regurgitated Dutch memes
And their personal favorite
>you didn't play the game
If you think you're arguing with a fanboy, simply resort to this checklist, call him a fanboy, then ignore him. Watch him cower and recoil as he's been found out.

yikes. OP fuck off please.

Fantastic contribution to the thread
>>>/reddit/

other's camps desu

Attached: 47274952_1956362157818854_4707905294586347520_o.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

>DUTCH. COME OUT HERE AND FUCK MY BUTT.
Rockstar really took a weird direction with this one.

Attached: 1550229278373.jpg (1207x1080, 322K)

I don't know
I worked too hard for that honor and it hurts seeing it fall
Also when I get the fishing rod how difficult is tackle fishing from bait fising?

gosh, she makes a beautiful corpse

That's called a meme, son. I made one of those threads one time

Yeah. I'm sure someone at Rockstar made this as a personal favor for me and I love them for it.

Attached: 1548277688990.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

Attached: 1550154894759.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

I disarm and beat up / rob almost every lone traveler or camper I meet

Attached: grapple L3.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Based and Micahbelled

Attached: 1546499776863.jpg (512x512, 46K)

No.

>mfw I got the bug that removes all of your weapons during the epilogue
They patched it since then but it's too late for me unless I want to reload all the way back.

Attached: 1476330543114.jpg (704x732, 67K)

Attached: 1549523393943m.jpg (1024x576, 86K)

Attached: 1550152946871.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

I usually don't but when I start to ride away they'll utter "not so tough now, huh" or some such so then I have to.

Yeah when someone gives me lip for no reason it's usually go time.

Attached: 1525878475629m.jpg (1024x576, 81K)

Attached: 1550169994164.jpg (1920x1080, 543K)

i'll never forget him

Attached: 1544481861097.gif (540x300, 2.84M)

is this a death grips reference?

twas micah

Attached: 1550157360115.jpg (1920x1080, 362K)

I don't know how you could think that at that stage of the game unless you haven't done Micah's missions yet

Although Dutch does kinda stab Arthur in the back at the same time Arthur does it to Dutch.

Aww the cute NINCEL is still seething over this game :)

Attached: 1552286032733.jpg (565x422, 19K)

>keeps making threads about it

Why is this game so fuckin good?

It's very focused product for us wild west loving boomers who are okay with slower-paced gameplay and can appreciate the care put into the game world.

Attached: 1550181760338.jpg (777x960, 321K)

Attached: 1550174286822.png (857x481, 525K)

all of my discussions in rdr2 threads went like that though so he has a point.

Attached: 1525384837246m.jpg (1024x738, 116K)

I can't help but feel pic related is somewhat relevant. A lot of those responses are in response to criticism like how slow the game feels and I guess how some people feel it's a movie game (lol).

Attached: 1488742771813.png (500x459, 23K)

Attached: 9E343809-4BCE-4D3F-B7BD-3ABA7BFAC3A7.jpg (1920x1080, 118K)

jokes on you, i come to these threads and all the fanboys get mad at me.

Attached: 1523079642213.jpg (499x499, 107K)

I fucking love the game user. I wish online didn’t suck ass but at least you can run around huntin gators looking like this.

Attached: 638D69C7-90DD-4B7F-A8A4-297956E2AD5D.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

Lol nice I guess seems like a fruitless endeavor when all the people who really enjoyed the game have already left these kinds of threads anyway.

>movie game
There probably is no more passionate defender of RDR2 than I am but I gotta say that RDR2 did focus a few times too many on a scene being cinematic over having engaging or varied gameplay. I still love the game but there were a lot of times when I could've done with a little less canned movie-like approach and more skill check gameplay. But I guess RDR in general is not meant for that since they have features that are there so people with gaming skills of a potato can get through the story and enjoy the immersion and atmosphere.

Attached: 1543150690962.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

The target audience for Rockstar games are literal teens.
>slower paced gameplay
You mean unresponsive, with terrible shooting and navigation which is what you'll be doing whenever you're not watching cutscenes.

I unironically think the gameplay is more responsive and fluid than anything I've played in the past year. It's so natural and consistent.

Aiming sucks shit though but I blame that on twin stick controls.

I've hated the way Rockstar's games controlled since GTA IV. At least RDR2 has fun fishing and hunting which is what I bought it for in the first place.

GTAV on PC felt so much better with mouse and keyboard that I ended up doing a completely FPS playthrough. Honestly it even made towing a little challenging.

RDR is definitely more aimed at mature audiences. And I completely disagree about the unresponsiveness. It's slower but the animations are more in-depth and in my opinion they help to establish a more intimate bond with the main character. I love watching my Arthur actually skin the deer instead of getting that weird awkward jumpcut to John's face with him poking at the camera with a shink shink shink sound in RDR1. RDR2 is not meant for people who are in constant hurry to do things or want to be done with the game for the sake of being done with the game.

Attached: 1548276205520.jpg (1920x1080, 535K)

That's just not good game design user, it's not something deep or even well implemented. Why doesn't Arthur manually pick every single piece of ammo you come across? Because that would be boring, just like everything else is. It's not good game play it's just busy work for the sake of it. Other games like Resident Evil 4 managed to strike a better balance on things like that over a decade ago.
>aimed at mature audiences
Please, it's aimed at children wanting to play the big mature violent game just like GTA and at people who just came of age who want games to be gritty and serious™.

God damn, partner. You really done do make me laugh.

Attached: laffin.jpg (320x180, 16K)

Arthur picks up ammo packets manually though.
>It's just busywork for the sake of it
Mmm disagree with that one mate. Never felt like it was busywork but rather stuff that helped me immerse myself deeper into the game's world.

Attached: 1547934132458.jpg (600x877, 73K)

Focus on character, good or bad.
Focus on world, good or bad.
Focus on gameplay, good or bad.

Rock* really delivered on letting you make your own way in the world. Naturally, the autists on Yea Forums try to denigrate that choice,

Attached: 1550180132817.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

>Please, it's aimed at children wanting to play the big mature violent game just like GTA
I feel sorry for underage b& that plays this and completely misses what it's going for aka (You). I played the first one when I was 16 or so when it came out and didn't have any kind of attachment to John whatsoever and thought the story was stupid.

Yeah, it's aimed at mature audiences. It touches strongly on themes that I doubt children would be able to relate to at all.

In my opinion, most of the "immersive actions" instantly became busywork once the game started screwing me over by taking away control and breaking my immersion.

Attached: 1544876542167m.jpg (805x1024, 92K)

Read what comes after it, you're tucking 25 and talking about being mature when you're fresh off college lel
What themes? Do elaborate because as far as narrative goes the game makes blunder after blunder and the ONLY think it does well is the scenes with Arthur facing his own mortality with either the nun or the pastor.

Yeah, cause it was boring as fuck and the online is broken as hell. Absolute shitshow. They've shown GTAO more love since release. RDR1 reigns supreme, it's all been downhill for Rockstar since.

>mfw RDR2 babbies think Arthur dying is a spoiler

Attached: RFxH9.jpg (243x280, 7K)

Its been 6 months and still no DLC? Damn, I thought for sure we were going to get the guns cut from RDR1 at least. I had been waiting to finish the campaign because I wanted to play with the LeMat.

It is a spoiler you retarded twat.

It literally isn't.

Yes it is.

>ONLY think it does well is the scenes with Arthur facing his own mortality with either the nun or the pastor.
These scenes only work because of the blunder after blunder the gang and narrative take. If anything the game could have been longer and there should have been more narrative buildup pre-blackwater heist to show us how strong the father/son/brother bond is between Dutch/Arthur/John and further elaborate how strained it becomes during the desperate situation they're in during Chapter 6. There's a weird pacing issue with Chapter 2/3/4 where just as they're starting to get interesting the plot points introduced get resolved rather quickly so we can be shuffled off to the next area of the map. Dunno what the fuck they were smoking when they made Chapter 5, while it does show that Dutch's plans are a fucking mess and even after unintentionally escaping to a 'tropical paradise' they're still being hunted the missions here in general just plain suck.

>25 and talking about being mature when you're fresh off college lel
Well I'm not I've worked a full time job for about 4 years now so? I guess you're free to judge me as immature but I'm being sincere when saying that the story and Arthur's struggles resonated with me.

I can’t bring myself to play it after the story’s over. Fuck john and his shitty farm.

It's not. The game is a prequel, it was sold on the premise of showing how the gang fell apart, by the time RDR1 starts most of them are already dead and fairly early on you know the names of all living gang members. The epilogue is a spoiler but everyone should have known Arthur was going to die from the moment he was introduced.

Honestly feel that how he dies is a bigger spoiler than knowing that he dies, even though it's alluded to in the first 10 hours of the story.

>made an ending so depressing I can't bring myself to play it again

That's a compliment .

The game looked wack from the reveal. I don't know how any of you supposed smartasses fell for this shit. It's NuRockstar. GTAV should've told you everything you need to know about them.

>called Red Dead II
>is a prequel
>Spaghetti Western aesthetic
>Weak, generic, modern Western OST.
>being put on a pedestal, Rockstar has started essentially nothing about their games before release.
>Rockstar expects you to suck their dicks and buy anyway, simply because it's them.
>needlessly sluggish, PITA gameplay.
>Reviewers criticizing this, but 10/10 best game ever anyway.

It was obvious they're not the same company anymore. Past successes have permitted them a big budget to blind gfx whores with the illusion they're still great. That's all it is.

Fuck off, RDR1 doesn't prove shit.
For one RDR2 does convenient retcons here and there.
Second, RDR2 has plenty of gang members who are shown to survive.
>Trelawny
>Pearson
>Charles
>Sadie
>Karen
>Tilly and Mary Beth

So it was not at all unthinkable Arthur could survive by taking a boat ride overseas or alternative retiring to New Austin and dying offscreen.

Attached: 1545166994782.jpg (1024x1577, 279K)

I can only imagine how disappointed you would be if you were hyped up for an 11/10 going off all the reviews/bull shots. While I really like Rockstar's games I had no expectations for RDR2 (and didn't even know it was coming out a week before release, would have probably forgotten about it entirely if it wasn't for someone in my family letting me know it was coming out) after the mess that was GTA O. It became a 10/10 game for me because I went in completely blind with zero expectations other than 'it'll be a rockstar game so it'll play like a rockstar game'.

>the horses are better than RDR1
Why the hell would you think otherwise? The horses in 2 are objectively better in every way

Shown to survive RDR2. RDR is explicit in saying that by the beginning of the game Bill, Javier, Dutch, and the Marstons are the only ones still alive. Even if you could make a case for some of the smaller characters like the women who just sat in camp and bitched all day not being relevant enough to be hunted down, there's no way Dutch's goddamn right hand man would have ever made it out alive.

Like said, knowing how he dies is the actual spoiler. Acting like Arthur's death is somehow a spoiler is hardcore mental gymnastics to either justify getting mad at people for "spoiling" it or proof that you're an ignorant retard who picked up the game purely due to hype with 0 knowledge of the premise or series.

Attached: 139115570169.png (500x438, 199K)

Yes, I love the new weighty tanks that reach a top speed of 2 MPH and ragdoll halfway across the map the second you go over a pebble like it's fucking GTA 4.

I just expected more of RDR1 with better graphics and what I got was a sluggish, cinematic storytelling focused version of that with pretty much all of the fun sucked out.

Why is every loner you meet such a dick?

>Skinning an animal in sight of a tent
>They go mad and try to shoot you

>Hunting an animal near a road
>Rider on road goes mental and threatens to shoot you

The game feels like an adult version of Bully if you play it like this. If the NPC attacks you first, you don't even get in any trouble for beating them up in the middle of town. The law will even help you, and nobody will report seeing their unconscious body because it was self defense

>There's no way Dutch's right hand man would have ever made it out alive
Literally proven false by the Pinkertons offering him a deal in exchange for Dutch. So he could've agreed towards the end and gotten a new identity, his crimes erased.
The more you argue that Arthur's death is not a spoiler the dumber you look.

0 iq post

>Literally proven false by the Pinkertons offering him a deal in exchange for Dutch.
Yeah, that worked out for John, right?

Attached: 1411805724988.jpg (500x375, 25K)

What does the horse inventory offer that the full wepon wheel doesnt?
Try not to excuse it as realistic or ""immersive"" because video games shoulnt ditch perfectly functional mechanics to seem like movies.

Realism is the excuse for all of the unfun bullshit in 2.
>Carrying 200 bear pelts at once ruins MUH IMMERSION!
Great, now you get to carry one on your horse and ride 40 minutes back into town to sell it. Also now you're only getting 3 dollars because you didn't kill it the way I said to and you got a bad roll on the bear spawns.

>that worked out for John right?
Different scenario, he didn't make a deal woth the Pinkertons, he made a deal with the proto-FBI and they did honor the deal for a while. What I'm assuming is that John's existence and knowledge of the dirty work the agency did for the governor Nate Johns made him a big liability and thus a target.

Regardless of what happened in RDR1, there's no guarantee that the same would've happened for Arthur. You can keep posting your gay anime reaction faves and smug condescending gotcha replies but saying Arthur dies within the evdnts of RDR2 without a fucking doubt counts as spoilers.

Horse inventory and limited carrying your person achieves the following :
>makes your loadout choice matter more when away from the horse
>balance between keeping your horse close in combat where you risk it dying but have weapon swap nearby
>keeps weapon wheel from being cluttered as fuck, perfect for quick switching in combat

Attached: 1544559385033.png (771x1035, 832K)

Imagine going this far out of your way to defend thinking Arthur would have lived when the first game outright lets you know the score with the gang. That's really all I have to say but it's fun to keep picking apart your points. Hell, I don't even need to go as far as picking things from the first game, I could just point at Rockstar's tired old writing style that they have used in every game since GTA 4. RDR2 even uses the same twist as 1, though that's at least defensible as having a thematic purpose.

Yikes

based rdr1horse user

>Imagine going this far out of your way to defend thinking Arthur would've lived

The first game doesn't matter necause it does not confirm anything about Arthur. He could've escaped for all we know. Or again, died offscreen without explanation. Your logic does not matter because outright saying Arthur dies removes all uncertainty from his fate and shits on the atmosphere.

Earlier in the thread some fag intentionally spoiled the game's twists to a new player just to be an asdhole and you defending said spoilers kinda makes me think you're a ban evading faggot that was responsible for it.

>John has to hunt down all ACTIVE members of the Van Der Linde gang
not even that guy but actually pay attention to the games your playing
Bill, Javier and Dutch where still being Outlaws by the tine RDR started

t. faggot that never played RDR

In RDR, you can be in a full sprint, whistle, and your horse will catch up to you while you're running so you can hop on. Now try that in RDR2.
Yeah. Eat shit.

>Spaghetti western aesthetic
>even tough the game mirrors more like Classic western trough color pallete and scenery
>Modern western OST
>heavy trumpets and trombones wich are also clearly inspired by classic westerns, RDR's being more modern by having a electronic sound to it
its funny when you people talk about shit you dont know dick about

Attached: 1118full-the-searchers-%281956%29-screenshot.jpg (1118x629, 120K)

that doesn't make the horses in 1 better lol

but it is immersive and that isnt a bad thing just because you say

Nope. I'll admit there were some legitimate spoilers posted earlier but no matter what kind of logical hoops you jump through I can only see people getting mad about the Arthur "spoiler" is hype train faggots that didn't play the first one. You keep saying "this could have happened, that could have happened, 1 never specifically mentioned Arthur" but the fact is what was MOST LIKELY to happen did indeed happen. Like, going back to the Pinkerton thing you mentioned. Say he took the deal. You really think he would've just gotten a happy ending? He just completely vanishes from the timeline at that point? The only way to explain his utter lack of a presence in 1 despite being so central in 2 is to have him be long dead by the time 1 starts, which is the logical conclusion just from having played the first game anyway.

I played it just a few months ago and I don't remember them ever specifically saying "active" members. That wouldn't make sense anyway because neither of them are active members of the Van Der Linde gang at that point anyway, they're both doing their own thing and Javier was in Mexico the whole time IIRC, unlike Bill who fled there after John's first attack. Beside that the FBI wipes out the Marstons afterward and they were actively trying to get out of the gang at that point. Even if you buy into the other user's theory that was only justification for John. They wiped out the WHOLE gang.

Attached: 1290044858059.png (277x266, 96K)

>dude im just giving away major plotpoints later on in the story it's not a spoiler bro wtff

My only issue with the game is how worthless money is past chapter 1. Sure you buy and customize your guns and get a better horse but after that there’s nothing to buy, all of the clothes are the same in every town with different colors and I didn’t find anywhere to gamble with real stakes and not shit 4 dollar games the high roller table in black water apparently doesn’t exist yet.

>dude I'm just saying if you didn't play the first game this shit is a spoiler wtf don't spoil me lol even though I'm in a thread about a story centric game months after a release

the first game didn't confirm shit my man.

>I am forgotten
You killed yourself mate

>hype train faggots
You ever realized that MAYBE people in 2018 aren't gonna buy a dead console just to play RDR1 especially since RDR2 is a PREQUEL. If you're a moron and go confirming / deconfirming stuff to ruin the excitement from people wanted to figure out what happened to Arthur.

>Do you think he would've gotten a happy ending?
Possibly, there was nothing concrete to indicate otherwise. At least it would've been cool for the spoiiled people to find out on their own instead of having a smug cunt like you tell them what happens and then pretend that bruh lmao it wasn't spoilers becuz it was totes obvious.

Attached: 1550165523860.jpg (1920x1080, 421K)

BC/PSN solves the "dead console" problem, though honestly if people can't bother to be even somewhat invested in something they supposedly care so much about then I don't really care about any of their opinions on it. I don't see why I'm expected to care if someone thinks something that has been common knowledge for a decade is actually a spoiler because they decided to start with the prequel since it's the hot new thing. I also genuinely don't go around spoiling things, I just think it's funny when people get asshurt about stuff that they literally turned into a spoiler for themselves. Before RDR2 came out people were constantly talking about how Arthur was going to die and if RDR2 would have the same epilogue twist but with John instead of Jack. Then RDR2 comes out and suddenly there are newfags everywhere acting like Arthur dying wasn't the most predictable shit in the world even if you didn't play 1.

This thread started off with some dumbass practically asking for spoilers anyway.

>PSN

lol. It's still a spoiler retard, nothing about Arthur is confirmed in 1

Okay, keep telling yourself that. I bet you think Bill, Dutch, Javier, and the Marstons being alive in 1 is a spoiler for 2 as well since that confirms they don't die.

lol cope

Cope with what? You're the one who was completely assblasted by a single spoiler.

and yet you're the one crying, curious.

Crying from laughing at your pitiful responses maybe. Come on dude, you say I'm crying while you are literally resorting to "u mad" and totally unaffected lowercase. Transparent as fuck.

Attached: 1488414436759.png (554x494, 253K)

meme all you want but it's still a spoiler :^)

it literally isn't a singleplayer only game

yeah it is