DMC thread

DMC thread.

Attached: devil-may-cry-5-v.jpg (620x349, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kG8RcAA8Fyo
youtube.com/watch?v=VzlzDS_3sJs&index=5&
poetrysoup.com/famous/poem/auguries_of_innocence_18433
poemhunter.com/poem/the-angel-that-presided-o-er-my-birth/
youtube.com/watch?v=KZTtAspcAcM
youtu.be/h_ritl3iJQg
twitter.com/greenbrimhat/status/1105245421914476544
youtube.com/watch?v=no0M1A6jOU8
youtube.com/watch?v=MDDe8zwov9Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 20190311170203_1.jpg (1920x1080, 573K)

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK

Attached: 343.png (1280x720, 1.25M)

So it is written

Attached: 1552100490176.png (1080x604, 1.02M)

MAIN QUESTION: How to deal damage as Dante aside from Sin?

>V turns out to be a fucking 10/10 addition to the series both mechanically and in terms of personality
>He's trapped in "was just an alter ego" hell that will stop any chance of him ever returning
FUCK VERGILFAGS AND FUCK URIZEN

Attached: Crying Wojak.jpg (633x905, 103K)

IT'S TOO LATE

Attached: 1552237194271.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

>tips Faust Hat

Attached: 1538867039711.png (568x567, 351K)

I turn lens flare to false in the .ini and used the drm free exe but lady is still censored. Anyway to do it without turning of depth of field.?

Attached: Doppelganger.webm (852x480, 2.92M)

HEY EVERYONE
JACKPOT

Attached: 20190310125557_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.13M)

My thoughts exactly, he should have been Dante's son. That would guarantee his return as it opens a lot of doors for sequels and new generation

I’m going to be soooo fucking mad if they don’t follow that last scene up with a Lady/Trish campaign. It even has a trophy so they MUST be hinting at something

anyone know what the air taunts are?
the SSS ranks seem to change them
all i know is that V does a twirl of some sorts

He wasn't an alter ego, he was literally Vergil's ego.

Attached: 1543555819114.gif (200x185, 2.99M)

press the buttons and hit the demons
if you're relying only on Sin to do anything, you're fucking it up

Too old to maintain Dante's wizard powers

This fights is so more fun with Nero (on the level of Credo's fight). As Dante it just sucks ass, it's slow, boring and Vergil doesn't have many openings to attack him

I thought Vergil was already all ego.

post Vergil (el formo cowboy)

Attached: 20190311143824_1.jpg (1920x1080, 506K)

Does anyone know if Spoiler Filter is fucking up matchmaking in NG+? I did mission 7 SoS and matched with no one playing as nero. I wonder if people arent toggling it off or something

>the bullet cracks in the result screen line up with those two shots

Attached: 1445734964519.jpg (352x338, 121K)

no, Dante
these are not crazy times
we are here to settle our score after killing these demons, stop having fun

it's on youtube

Nero and dante's both have uses in combat so they might not change with style ranks. V's don't do anything different from ground taunts.

Well, I rely on max acts as Nero, what should I rely on as Dante?

>still crying
Get over it fujo

I mean like the psychological concept. Urizen is the Id, V is the Ego.

>Nero's first action when returning home was probably groping Kryie's ass with his new hand

Attached: Kyrie's big bottom.jpg (1920x1080, 616K)

'Urizen' was Vergil's ego, V was Vergil's desperation personified.

V killed Vergil's ego, and Vergil gained enough humility from the experience to respect Nero enough to consider him an equal. That's why he was content with fighting Nero in place of Dante at the end.

Rumor is it's a Lady's Night DLC with Lucia

>Why yes, mission 13 is my favorite.

Attached: 1545889216119.gif (500x249, 1.83M)

Attached: 20190311144338_1.jpg (1920x1080, 428K)

NOO YOU SAID IT

Vergil is signficantly nerfed in the fight with Nero even if he looks like he is in Sin DT all the time. He loses so much hyper armor and moves that he's just a victory lap for the game's finale.

KYRIE GET BACK INSIDE, NOW!

Guys i really need that pic of Nero all cute sitting on the castle of the Goliath cutscene

Attached: 155236424583.png (408x474, 238K)

So what do you guys think about giving Vergil a new "gun" in the form of Griffon? Have him swap between summon swords and the birb, that way V still has some representation in Vergil.

He has a thousand fucking moves with all his weapons, use them, experiment, have fun
don't rely on the "fuck you, I'm OP for 5 seconds" mode just to actually fight, you fucking nigger

Balrog and cav do a ton of damage

Where did that rumor come from?

Yes

Attached: 20190312015311_2.jpg (2560x1440, 276K)

>after images don't have hats of their own
missed opportunity, Itsuno

FAVORITE BOSS?

FAVORITE DANTE WEAPON?

FAVORITE DEVIL BREAKER?

FAVORITE MISSION?

FAVORITE CHARACTER TO PLAY AS?

Didn't a fan of his threaten the showmakers into making him canon gay?

Could say the same about Vergil 3, but I actually really like both. Both times you're forced into a position where you either master the game's mechanics or bitch out by using an item.

I JUST WANT A NEWGAME+ MODE THAT LETS ME PLAY AS ANYONE IN ANY MISSION

YOU'VE BEEN HIT BY
YOU'VE BEEN STRUCK BY
A SMOOTH ITSUNO

SAVIOUR
BLOODSTAIN
HELLFIRE
SHADOW

Attached: 1549535992759.png (707x1036, 521K)

Griffon's dead, man

> He loses so much hyper armor
That's the best thing. It made fight not that static

I'd rather just get V back and have them keep expanding on summoned swords.

[YouTube] Chaos Legion - Stage 2 Boss - Hard Mode Side B - No Damage(Malice) (embed)

This is what V could and should have played more like, even without the melee combos from Sieg.

Nero is fun

JCing his air forward triangle is a bit tricky. Doing it from next to the enemy is fine, but trying to hit an airborne enemy that's not next to you is hard. Is it my timing, or do you have to the enemies hitbox at the right angle

>lucia and vfags
Why are these people so retarded?

>What's wrong, Nero?
>It's dad! He's coming! Hide the kids, now!

>just got to Cavaliere Angelo
>that fucking MUSIC
>that fucking FIGHT
>that fucking WEAPON you get from it
youtube.com/watch?v=kG8RcAA8Fyo
jesus christ this might be the best (non-Vergil 3) boss in the series

Attached: 1449099069285.gif (328x190, 2.7M)

So when did the cuhrayzee game reach its stride? DMC3, God Hand, and Ninja Gaiden 1? Or DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Bayonetta?

Attached: AtALossForWords.jpg (1080x604, 289K)

"He who posts not in the DMC thread breeds pestilence." So it is written

GIRUGAMESH
CERBERUS
GERBERA
MISSION 19
NERO

You have a lot of moves that can be chained together and Royal Guard got buffed too hard after the backlash from 4's 1 frame. It should be 3-4 frames rather than DMC3's 6 frames.

Doesn't help that on the first play through the game is constantly shitting DT at you mid fight. I had loads more fun with the fight on SoS.

The former.

Attached: Action Trinity.jpg (3988x3988, 1.2M)

It was some user who leaked a bunch of stuff back around E3 that ended up being true

Attached: 20190311201356_1.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

Firstly Yea Forums, FUCK YOU for making me notice this. Shitaku literally can't help themselves.

Try pressing triangle/Y, friend

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-12-13-14-22.png (1080x1920, 346K)

SPARDAAAA

YOU WILL DIE

Attached: 1B2FE433-98B5-4D24-9BD1-08E39A287B8C.jpg (636x564, 43K)

Saying Vergil is cheating so probably Urizen 3 or Cavaliere Angelo
Balrog (fists)
Gerbera
Mission 13 for the multiplayer fun
Dante but I'm really starting to dig Nero now with his DT and finally getting the hang of exceed

>give me air trick and a ground trick
What have you done capcom I teleport like a retard mad man all over the place

Attached: 0BC8E0B1-307C-4FC3-88CC-5080543ED7E4.gif (320x180, 1.05M)

Latter, DMC3, God Hand, and NGB are relatively grounded (relatively being the keyword here). DMC4, NG2 and Bayo1 go full balls to the wall insanity.

Move his weapons to the style swap button. The cane is now a weapon and gives him V moves. Enemies can be weakened with other weapons and finished off with the cane, this gives extra DT. The book remains on the right trigger as part of his standard moveset and is used to gain concentration. The left trigger is used for doppleganger moves, which cost DT.
Yay or nay?

>Vergil 1, aka the Dante fight
>tie between DSD and Balrog
>honestly, Overture, it's just so useful as a good combo ender
>can't decide
>can't decide either, I love all 3 in their own way for their unique quirks

>FAVORITE BOSS?
Goliath
>FAVORITE DANTE WEAPON?
Devil Sword Dante
>FAVORITE DEVIL BREAKER?
Punchline
>FAVORITE MISSION?
>FAVORITE CHARACTER TO PLAY AS?
Probably Nero just because I'm not autistic enough to get really good as Dante.
Dante's got like five hundred interlocking mechanics and it's just a goddamn clusterfuck. Nero's nice and simple, and more based around timing your inputs rather than getting 200+ APM

Attached: v.jpg (1467x1664, 644K)

Reposting, since no one has been able to refute me:
The story was absolute garbage. I wanted something kino like DMC3, I got some shounen anime-tier bullshit where they waste away a cool new character so that fans can cream themselves over the reveal of their favorite cool katana man. The ending feels like it has no stakes or consequences, they just fight and then everyone is just alright with each other, Vergil killed like millions of people in not London and Dante talks with him like he's just some normal bro.

Attached: 1552337086050.png (376x438, 265K)

How the fuck did Vergil come back to life?

They never explained why he wasn't dead...or does being dead in DMC just mean, break out of hell and you can come back to life

>Nero gropes her with all four of his hands.
>Cue crazy sex

I just want to see a scene in DMC6 where it's revealed Kyrie is knocked up and Dante and Vergil are hit with the realization that Vergil is going to be a grandpa

Attached: one order of crazy please.jpg (637x442, 47K)

Nope, he was gay from day one. Fans of the most popular pairing like to spread rumors otherwise though, because they want people to think their fave character, who is literally the most heterosexual person in that whole universe, is.
But they did force them to change the ending of the show to kill the pairing that got in the way of the one they wanted, except the new ending was super shit so nobody liked it, not even them.

I love Chaos Legion man, but no. V is fine how he is.

>Max-Nut

Plot armour's one hell of a drug

DANTEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1552208500844.png (369x373, 191K)

he was ROBBED

our boy deserved better

Attached: v_and_griffon_devil_may_cry_5_by_siricc_dcvfcpl-pre.jpg (757x1056, 61K)

>yfw you realize he is actually making the lip motions for "Vergil" in that moment

Can someone post the full quotes from v when he's reading his book in gameplay it's hard to make out

Vergil
Balrog
ROCKETU PAWNNNCH
13 Co-Op fun times
Really hard to choose. Want to say slightly leaning Dante

SFM PLEASE

>being this autistic about a game where gameplay is first and story second

>Vergil killed like millions of people in not London and Dante talks with him like he's just some normal bro.
This is the part that kills me. Nero acts like the rivalry is pointless but Vergil keeps killing people to get power and Dante is the only one who can put him in his place.

>break out of hell and you can come back to life
Basically this. Hell is more a travel destination than anything.

my weird lava dinosaur son is perfect

>DMC1
>Anime
jesus christ user, it looked like a PS2 game. Just because it was lower quality does not mean it's automatically "anime". Except for maybe Dante's hair.

Attached: Dante_Trish.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

Does the DS4 touch pad just stop working for taunts for anybody else? I'm using DS4windows and have every single touch option bound to the back button and it works when I start playing but after a while it just stops working altogether. My frustration is getting bigger, and the share button is too fucking tiny to use.

Also, just beat Malphas on SoS and she was an absolute joke with use charged shots and DT'd grabs. Are they that broken on every boss?

I really like DmC, but I’m glad the series went back to the original timeline. When I finally reached mission 10 (the first one with Dante, I forget what it is) and got to play as classic Dante again in all his glory, it felt good to be home.

I know in DMC5 he’s essentially just a refined version of himself in DMC4, but the shit game that surrounded that amazing gameplay really made me think DMC could have used a reboot. DMC4 felt lifeless compared to 3, like a mockery of that game, it made me move away from the franchise for a while, but DMC5 is pure SOUL and got me back for good.

just wanted to share this with you

I need more DMC

FAVORITE BOSS? Cavalierie is the only good one, Vergil is okay in budget DMC way.

FAVORITE DANTE WEAPON? Rebellion, Cavlierie are so disappointing to use.

FAVORITE DEVIL BREAKER? How can anyone say somethingb esides Buster Arm?

FAVORITE MISSION? No idea. Not that I particularly hate any.

FAVORITE CHARACTER TO PLAY AS? Nero, I preferred Dante's DMC4 loadout.

>NERO IT'S YOUR FATHER
>LET ME IN I WANT TO SEE MY GRANDKIDS

Vergil caused just as much collateral damage in DMC3 and Dante didn't give a shit that time

>Criticizes 5's level design
Alright
>Praises DmC's level design instead of DMC1 and DMC3.
That's gay.

I assumed he wasn't killed in DMC, but just weakened by Mundus' death.

They'll just invent some reason for him to come back in DMC 6. There's no way this game sold poorly.

Sheer motivation and being itsunos favourite

DMC3 showed that you can have both, there's no reason for DMC5 to drop the ball this hard.

Give him more boss summons to switch between and he'd be kino

>Kyrie has twins
>Vergil and Dante each mentor one of em much to Nero's dismay

Cavaliere
Cavaliere again
Punch Line
Mission 13. I really hope it’s a preview of what Bloody Palace will be like.
Dante, this is the best his moveset has ever been. The only thing I’m missing is Agni and Rudra.

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190311114245.jpg (1920x1080, 424K)

>give human book to summon familiars

Boom bam done

Vergil as Nero
Nothing. Dante sucks ass
Gerbera and punchline (charged strike on a boss is super crazy)
15 as Nero
Nero for the gameplay, Vi for his music, his boss music, his style and atmosphere

youtube.com/watch?v=VzlzDS_3sJs&index=5&
This is masterpiece (part on 0:43 is something special)

Mallet Island isn't in the Underworld.

>Nero your baby is having a rash, he needs more POWDER

How many times do I have to tell you faithless faggots that he's going to be back?

Attached: 1549665231822.gif (600x338, 2.04M)

Attached: 20190308174948_1.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

I'M RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY BUT I'M ASSERTING MY AUTHORITY AS A PARENT BY CUTTING YOUR ARM ANYWAY

So how do you do the doppelganger smash during the fight with Vergil? Same input as for holding up 2 enemies at once?

got the archive link for that? I recall there being a spinoff about a gun artist based in redgrave

See Dante never cared. Honestly none of them really seem to care about civilians.

How the fuck do I get good at fighting these assholes?

Attached: 1552346372438.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Attached: 20190311_221827.jpg (920x920, 209K)

DmC is the only game these journos probably played.

Does Dante brush his teeth?

Vergil been was and he kept better dental hygiene than him

Well, duh. Imagine spending your entire married life to the woman of your dreams with a fucked up glowing dragon-demon claw where your right hand should be. Once Nero and Kyrie hook back up, she's basically gonna wind up being pic related for the next month.

Attached: fingerbox.jpg (800x450, 67K)

Ackshually, Urizen would be more like Vergil's Id, with V being his Super Ego.

Attached: split myself in two.png (1206x761, 660K)

He never died. The last explosion in DMC1 was just him fleeing yet again, but the whole experience fucked him up so badly he thought using the yamato to split himself in 2 was a good idea.

Cavaliere Angelo
Rebellion or Balrog if the sword doesn’t count
Gerbera P01
First Dante mission
Dante

What if Vergil with style switching?

He never died in DMC3, he just got trapped in the underworld. Watch the secret ending again.

DMC1 never shows him explicitly dying or anything, just Dante defeating him. You can presume getting defeated as Nelo Angelo freed him from Mundus's control, but as the cost of a lot of his life given the condition his body's was in pre-V split.

>Lights go out at Dante's office
>"It seems as if you need more power, brother."

he only has two lines, unfortunately
they should've recorded more lines for the midcombat book reading, but eh, what can you do

It doesn't praise its level design, it literally says it suffers from bad level design as well

That's a retcon isn't it? Because it certainly looked like he was deader than a doorknob back in the day.

Attached: 1552268460178.jpg (1920x1080, 495K)

Nero's devil trigger stinks and I don't like it.

>Hey, you're going to be a grandpa! That's swell. You'll need a nickname, like Poppa Vergil!
>No, I will not require such a foolish thing!
>cue a fight that lasts several hours, Dante offering more nicknames as they trade blows

Attached: Vergil serves.jpg (798x733, 539K)

How can one man be so wrong...
Great music choice though!

How many purple orb fragments are there?

Like this?

Attached: d52d94a2-a7e8-47e2-9317-5107d976d12a.png (917x1112, 638K)

t. fujos on dumblr

Attached: t.absolute state of tumblr.png (540x520, 258K)

Bullshit, there's no reason why I have to wait for Shadow to run up to a boss before I can even attack. At least in Chaos Legion your summons were instant.

Postin some webms

Attached: Steve Fox.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Cavaliere Angelo
DSD
Gerbera
Mission 20
Nero at the moment, but I'm slowly starting to lean towards Dante. He'll probably be my favorite once I properly learn all his shit.

Man Redgrave really has had it rough thanks to the Sparda family. 136 killed on the night Eva died and then the whole city gets slurped by a hungry tree a handful of decades later.

Check it out, it's yet another thing DmC gave you!

You don't. I just spammed prop shredder and balrog punches to get a lucky clash. Alternatively just learn some of their patterns and royal release on their attacks.

Breakdance with balrog

Pay closer attention. They literally explain it with the Trish/Lady demonization plot twist
>Dante beats Vergil out of Nelo Angelo
>Vergil remains in a weakened state
The difference being Lady and Trish spend time recovering. Vergil is a full-on goddamn retard that kept siphoning off his weakened powers looking for more of it.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Attached: 1552268245333.jpg (1920x1080, 506K)

anyone else get the unique death where Vergil stands over you while you choose if you want to spend red orbs or yellow orbs? I thought that was pretty cool

>Damn it, dad! Can you at least stop cutting the door to ribbons when you barge in?

Haven't finished the game yet, but here we go anyway.

>boss
It's probably still Goliath, to be honest. The way the environment gets destroyed, the music, it's all great. And you seem to have a lot more freedom in how you choose to fight him, athough that's just likely because I've done the fight so many times.

>Dante weapon
DSD is pretty slick. I was worried when I learned they were getting rid of Rebellion because it's probably my favourite weapon despite being the most vanilla option, but I love the changes they made.

>devil breaker
Helter Skelter is probably the most satisfying to use, but I think Gerbera is most useful.

>mission
So far, mission 15. So many different paths, ways to avoid fights, and yet it never feels annoying like long missions in 3 and 4, it's a great area to explore.

>character
Dante's variety still puts him at the top. There are just so many great tools to use.

shame. this is the house that wincest built.

He gave a shit. He was willing to stop Vergil at any cost. It's just that Vergil went away to the Underworld and got buttblasted by Mundus. Lady still doesn't like Vergil for what happened in 3. The files in 5 tells differently too. It's just that the final few dialogue is a bit mishandled just to have Dante laugh at Vergil for losing to Nero.

>playing new game plus as nero
>couple of missions in
>accidentally brush R2 while playing
>Nero's OG devil bringer comes out
>wait, what the fuck?
>mind is blown

So you get the devil buster the whole time after you beat the game. Das pretty cool

>no incest tag
Proof that fujoshi and faggots don't even play games

Are those tears?

Man I can just fucking imagine Grandpa Vergil

"Hey kids, did I ever tell you the story of that time I ripped your dad's arm off?"

This?

Attached: 20190311172042_1.jpg (1920x1080, 321K)

Counter attack their rush until they lie flat, then do the most damaging single hit you can i.e K.A's beam or real impact.
King cerberus rolling forward is great to counter incoming blows.

Only you seem to think they dropped the ball.

I just wish I had the choice between playing as him and not playing as him on missions. I understand why people like him but he just isn't for me. Also it'd be cool if the missions he was part of were with Nero so we'd have more co-op gameplay moments. That'd be nice.

It's only a retcon if it was confirmed he died in DMC. It wasn't confirmed

he looks very confused by the smartmouth chicken

In the novel V stays behind in the city to help people, so his humanity cares at least. And Vergil does end up sealing the portal shut so I imagine they have to care about preventing any further damage.

Why the fuck did they map Nero’s arm breaking shit to L1 instead of to the D-pad? I keep fucking accidentally breaking my arms when I go to activate DT sincr I’m so used to pressing L1 for Dante and V

Attached: 40BD8919-5FC1-4E20-92C3-8B35278B0347.jpg (900x900, 220K)

So I've noticed on some jap DMC5 video that their intercat button is circle, do they also jump on circle by default or do they interact with the devil breaker button?

Poor fujos.

Being vergil was the best for him sorry fujo.

>Dante does shit this time
I love you capcom

Your summons also weren't as complex as Shadow is. Shadow is an all purpose thing.

yeah, its fucking sweet

They explain it in Mission 20.

Wait when the fuck did DmC explain invisible walls?

>When you're walking around Red Grave but you're dummy thick and the demons can find you from the clap of your ass cheeks
Seriously why did they make it so big, it almost looks cartoonish.

Attached: Dante_Majin.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

I JUST WANT THE ABILITY TO BUY ABILITIES OUTSIDE MISSIONS AND THE OPTION TO RESTART THE LEVEL AFTER BEATING IT INSTEAD OF RETURNING TO THE MISSION SCREEN AND RE-SELECTING THE LEVEL

Agreed, thats why i had to take that screenshot.

Attached: mfw 1hp.webm (1280x720, 2.72M)

If only you could rebind buttons to anything you want in the options menu.

Feels like there's a lot of unnecessary loading in this game sometimes gets annoying

I'm sad he never recited Tiger Tiger Burning Bright at any point.

Because you're free to change the control mapping to your preference. Moreover you're expected to.

>already has doppelganger
>uses time moves as Urizen
it's coming.

>Cerb chillin the drinks
lmao

I've only found 4 purple. Can't seem to find the rest.

Why does DMC1 terrify me? Especially when shadow cats appear?

Attached: 1521743421349.jpg (800x650, 45K)

I just rebound it

You can just remap it

I can't decide if Dante is gay and pretending to be straight or just bisexual. He complains about women too much to be straight but thinks about them too much to be gay.

Attached: 1491008403236.png (210x230, 3K)

Ah fuck. Is there a link anywhere?

The ending very much feels like an anticlimax. It seems like you were supposed to play one final mission as Dante or Vergil, but Vergil wasn't ready to be playable yet so they just axed it entirely.

Look at your skill list, you got a whole lot more than just the buster. It's pretty amazing just how much of Nero's stuff is locked behind beating the game once.

All that and less damage than just doing Combo B (swords) - High Time - Aerial Rave (swords) - Helm Splitter - Stinger - Stinger (knocks back) Stinger (swords)

>no one has been able to refute me
>multiple people have refuted you
such a lust for (You)s

Attached: borgil.png (513x468, 237K)

Way I took it was

DMC3: Vergil gets his ass beat. Thinks he can take Mundus in his weakened state. Gets bodied and made into NA

DMC1: Dante beats NA and frees Vergil from Mundus. However this leaves him in a near death state and utterly fucked up. He splits himself with Yamato bullshit

DMC5: Between Urizen eating the Ultra Fruit and V reuniting with demon half more in balance with his humanity, not fucked up Vergil returns

Alternatively it was Kingdom Hearts stuff

>Nero gets shipped with Hank Hill's ass
>Dante gets dat thicc 2B tier ass
Even when it comes to fag stuff, Dante beats Nero.

Attached: dead-weight.png (849x481, 273K)

Straight volcel

I dropped dr Faust

I don’t like it one bit

Attached: 9713B9E6-F2EB-4CBF-9E2D-88B7C15434FB.jpg (330x330, 17K)

poetrysoup.com/famous/poem/auguries_of_innocence_18433
poemhunter.com/poem/the-angel-that-presided-o-er-my-birth/

And why the fuck should they? Any able-bodied adult in the DMC universe who doesn't train to be on at least Lady's level fucking deserves to get nom'd on by demons. There's been too many outbreaks for them to have any excuse not to know they inhabit a world where an extraplanar hostile sapient species sometimes pops up and eats a bunch of people. If they're maintaining themselves at peak human ability and open carrying recoilless rifles all the time, they damn well have it coming.

Is it possible to fit Sin DT into combos in a cool way that doesn't just come across as "fuck you I hit the I-win button"? I really just want to use it because it looks cool.

Attached: sindt.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

youtube.com/watch?v=KZTtAspcAcM

FUJOS BTFO

Best music and color choice

please tell me you can use grapple with kalinna ann and I just do not know how, because why would they gove kalinna ann II a harpoon other wise

The way that Dante talks to it sounds like he is talking to Trish but the rest od his behaviour makes it sound like the Angelo has a mind of its own. Not sure what's the connection?

The fact that Vergil is back at all means that nothing is off the table. They could just decide that, fuck it, V is back due to stupid demon shenanigans.

After learning all the bosses King Cerberus is the only one that still kicks my shit in.

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190311023823.png (1920x1080, 2.9M)

Don't worry. Nero has Credo and Agnus.

>Hey dad, tell them about how I kicked your and uncle Dante's asses, at the same time!

That would just make him pathetic. Not being able to pay his bills and smelling like pizza is bad enough.

Attached: brothers.jpg (1920x1080, 505K)

Its all about style baby.

Attached: ITSMAHVELBABY.webm (1280x720, 1.81M)

That can't be the only reason Shadow is so fucking S L O W.

In the void, yeah.
In regular gameplay? Not really. You can use it to finish off bosses but it nukes regular enemies too quickly to be useful for combos.

Vergil and/or Urizen at the farm
BALROG
Tomboy a best
Dante

Desperate

Doesnt the game narively support ds4?

VERGIL 2
CAVALIER
TOMBOY
MISSION 20
NERO, BUT ONLY WITH INFINITE DT, OTHERWISE DANTE

I turn it on for the short period I use Cavaliere and then when I weapon switch I turn it back off

Your turn.

>Nero literally says "fuck you" to enemies sometimes when swinging them around with the devil bringer in 4
Why are you guys throwing such a shitfit over it in 5?

Attached: Nero_2_by_The_Bone_Snatcher-1272.jpg (768x768, 110K)

Good shit

Attached: 1552359741524.png (370x360, 274K)

Have fun farming red orbs the shit way then. Seriously MAX Doctor Faust gunslinger special (where you time attack just as you grab hat again) leads to shit tons of orbs and style

It's slow because you also have to manage Griffon along with it.

im playing it with my ds4 without any extra program. the button prompts are all xbox tho

Do Dante and Vergil have the same face model?

>Entering the Hallway where you get alastor on Hard Mode expecting Puppets, but hearing the Shadow claws clicking against the ground in the distance.

That's a thin ass hallway to be fighting a murderous cat blob.

Bringer Knuckle is throwing my brain for a loop trying to do that and ex-act at the same time.

>mess with different control schemes for Nero until I settle on one
>put exceed on R2, gun on L1 and DT on L2
>constantly charging gun so I can't use my index finger to DT
>realize that I'm using my middle finger to pull my Devil (Left) Trigger
Wish I could make something this dumb up, but it turns out that the setup actually works really well for me.

Attached: 1552195275705.png (1067x625, 524K)

>disgusting fat ass vs cute pure ass
V's ass is cute. CUTE!

>on SOS
>just beat the United Front
>ghost data V dies about halfway through
>still manage to pull an S
>start the next mission
>whacking the angry veiny demons around no problem
>Fury comes along and realizes I needed a reality check
>get bodied since I practiced against his speed on DH as Dante and now it’s even faster
How are you guys handling Furys on higher difficulties? I figure the slowdown arm might help but it seems like a crutch that won’t help me learn them in the long run.

Making Vergil a Blakefag elevates him to a bigger chode than Verjil

Attached: 1449802331432.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

MGTOW
Majin DT going their own way

Hank butt will never come back, so the fujos still need to find some way to cope.

>dante and vergil taking care of nero's kid in the park
>he is having too much fun in the top of a tree
>"you're going down"
>dante gets PTSD

>Kill not the moth nor butterfly, For the Last Judgment draweth nigh

Faust and Cavalieri could not have been more disappointing.

Because DmC is still triggering after all these years.

Attached: What the fuck.png (1004x644, 1.21M)

>"Hmm don't recall that boy. I do remember both of us back handing you when you tried to get in the way of our field trip to hell though."

Only retards trying to make a "gotcha" moment for people who didn't like Donte.

Attached: 2f99512b14c46091d91dfb2b8e4b6408.jpg (760x900, 74K)

>this is what dead weight fujos get on their menu

Attached: V's ass.jpg (347x372, 12K)

Footage of fighting Artemis as Dante

youtu.be/h_ritl3iJQg

Is it just me or does he have a bit of lip fuzz?

He says fuck you in 5 when in devil trigger too.

>It's a mission where you can choose your character
>sit there for like 10 minutes because they're all so fucking stupid insanely fun

Attached: nervous.png (640x604, 237K)

Enclosed areas. Old RE Music. Castle that looks abandoned.

I like putting DT on R2 so I don't press it by accident. Plus, y'know, pulling it.

So, what are the little neat hidden mechanic things that are found?
>Nero air taunt rev
>Dante's "you are set free" taunt launcher
What else is there?
The story wasn't absolute garbage. It just wasn't as good as 3. 3 had a perfect combination of gameplay and narrative, that works a wonderful rivalry on the first playthrough.
I'd say DMC5 doesn't ever hit a stride, because they decided to focus too much on fan service, and telling a simple story in a complicated way. And because a lot of the missions are going on at the same time, they have pacing issues.
It's also very easy to "headcanon" yourself into something that never was there when you have 15 years between character appearances.
The lack of Vergil's growth or proper motivation is terrible. I would've loved for Urizen to be Mundus, and V trying to resurrect himself into Vergil to steal his crown (you could write in a proper betrayal arc, like the reboot attempted and failed), but what we got was a bit plain.
Not garbage, just underwhelming and thoroughly entertaining, but with no emotional highs and lows. Maybe SE or the DLC will change that, as they expand upon it?

It was agreed that we called the DmC version Vergin

post some heckers dante gameplay videos please

Attached: 1550222056326.jpg (1786x1786, 692K)

He's literally Roxas 2.0

This

Attached: D1ZY8oxXgAAUq0e.jpg (767x767, 53K)

I can't wait Lady and Dante's daughter. I want my tombot daughterfu.

Attached: 56d5338ad7b18fd971adb771edce79e7.jpg (363x500, 36K)

Really? I wonder if it's trying to use the pad as a mouse then, and I kinda doubt there's a way to disable that although I would have thought that DS4windows would have overridden the inputs anyway.

>you will never fuck this

why live?

Attached: 601150_20190311010502_1.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

>vergil killed millions of people
>MILLIONS OF PEOPLE
>everyone's fine with it in the end

What the fuck. That's evil as shit, even if it was Vergil's demon half. I feel like Vergil would do almost anything for piwer, but he wouldn't literally farm the human race

V is boring as fuck though. He's "spam square and triangle" the character. It's just not engaging. Same goes for Nero. I'm slogging through the game right now just waiting until I can play as Dante.

He did nothing wrong

How can you support this pay to win game full of microtransactions?

What's the point of rising dragon? It is completely outclassed by real impact

gunslinger and trickster. you wanna keep your distance as much as possible, honestly. if you learn his attacks you can time going in for a swordmaster combo but trickster is really, really helpful for getting around and getting away, especially with DT

>Dang, bro. I think the Cerberus tribe felt that burn

Attached: Dante sundae.png (412x357, 156K)

Well Lady did say she might want to settle down

>Kyrie
Can she die already so Nero can get with a girl who actually has a personality? Kyrie does absolutely nothing. She IS nothing.

It's for Lady. Dante doesn't use it.

>implying i'm not a nero fujo, vergil fujo, dante fujo, and v fujo all at the same time
Get on my level

>wanting big and fat ass
We Nerofags (and his fujos) aren't niggers like boomerfags are.

Attached: Chadro.jpg (800x600, 32K)

>V dies
>literally none of the characters give a fuck and he's instantly forgotten
Why did they do /ourguy/ dirty bros?

Attached: aku.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Fuck it, I'm playing Chaos Legion. Nothing more frustrating in this game than trying to do anything on purpose with V IMO.

The 200% facial animations vids are going to be so good

Hankfujos have terrible taste, where is dantes cute butt

>getting orbs is so easy you can literally throw them away as ammo
>pay2win guise
Ha!

The Angel that presided 'oer my birth
Said, "Little creature, form'd of Joy and Mirth,
"Go love without the help of any Thing on Earth."

twitter.com/greenbrimhat/status/1105245421914476544
I'm not a pro, or even good, but I try.

I think getting an SSS (or maybe just maintaining S by the end) of the goliath fight as V triggers a much cooler B finish than otherwise.

is there a way to get up close with V's shadow aside from his charging forward attack? I've only played a bit with V but I actually like his style and moveset, I just can't handle shadow as well as I'd like

Cav isn't though. Yoy probably aren't timing it right or don't like slow weapons. That shit tears enemies to shreds like no one's business. Especially sword master O move. That is so cash.

>millions
I doubt millions, certainly at least a few thousand though. Vergil in his complete form wouldn't do that, but because Urizen had no humanity he didn't give even one shit, though it is explicitly Vergil's fault that Urizen even came into being.

He did it before in DMC3, and that was entirely intentional. Urizen was an unforeseen outcome of Vergil's ambitions for power.

I just think it's a flaw to have DMC games have swears. It's a personal preference. Nero is already cool to me so no need for swearing.

>Too dumb to remember he fucked
hard pass

His body literally looks like Lady's

he says ROCK YOU, not fuck you. He did flip the finger in 4 tho

Damn such bad taste

IGNITE THE FLAME

NOW

Attached: 20190311195423_1.jpg (1920x1080, 483K)

t. dead weight fujos

Attached: dantefujos vs dead weight fujos.jpg (1200x800, 205K)

>Kyrie gets to fuck this
>Nico probably gets to watch.

Attached: Nero DT.gif (540x631, 2.99M)

Are you using Steam? You can set your DS4 up using the steam controller config option and set the touchpad to whatever you like.

Does anyone have an archive link to the person who leaked a bunch of correct stuff and said a Trish/Lady DLC was coming?

>I can't wait Lady and Dante's daughter.
You'll be waiting until your deathbed then. Your only hope is Nero. or Mundus

>Vergil just fucking teleports into the middle of their living room using Yamato whenever he wants to visit

Attached: boomer_vergil.jpg (960x540, 171K)

Says you

Anyone else think Vergil turning good is total fanfic tier garbage?

I can't be the only one getting Shadow the Hedgehog vibes right? It reeks of "Look everyone he's back and he's your pal now see? See the fan favorite meme katana man? DMC is back!"

Attached: Bubble Bass1.jpg (640x486, 69K)

All of the descendants of sparda are stupid.

Calm down vergilhater.

Nope. Mocapping issue because of Dan's face. Very weird since I think Dan also mocapped Morrison and the voice is different.

>Vergil's face
he looks 200% done with this shit

Vergil is a himbo, then.

I like it.

Attached: 601150_20190311011002_1.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

No, user. Play DMC3 with Nevan. It's the closest thing you have to V.

Where do they get that footage?

Balrog sounds like such a character.

oh boy I can't wait to play as vergil and mash teleports and summon swords to steamroll every enemies using the exact same movelist from dmc3 again

only this time he also has doppleganger for 2x spam to stunlock everything for free

They understood that V was just Vergil with all the nasty bits trimmed down. What I want to know is why Dante doesn't even tell Griffon to flock off

literally Hank ass on the right

Attached: 1506069015028.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

Run up to the enemy yourself and summon shadow right there

>forgot to take my filters off so haven't been getting any of the vergil meme posts
FUCK

when he goes to fuck kyrie in DT for the first time does he demon magic his dick back like his arm

It's not "fuck you", it's "rock you". The first word is very garbled. He only goes fuck on Vergil 4.5.

You can't prove me otherwise. Kyrie is not a character.

Cringe

Big brain is knowing both asses are good

What's the best control layout for each character?

She doesn't need to be anything other than the loving homebody for Nero. Love fuels Nero and his power, without her Nero would've likely died in the Fortuna incident. It's a direct parallel to Sparda and Eva.

At least he does it in moderation, unlike Donte who had to swear every five seconds, and often in the most unnecessary way.

>EX Provocation wasn't the Devil Trigger dance
how long until modders fix this?

Attached: 1539832627086.png (939x574, 106K)

>Pay 2 Win
>Literally sitting on tons of gold orbs you find while playing
>Can farm millions of red orbs in like an hour with Max'd Dr. Faust

Those are basically for people who don't want to play Devil May Cry like usual and want to unlock shit immediately.

but he never went "Good" in DMC5. he's still a faget that caused the whole situation

>We will never get a weapon as based as Nevan again

It sucks so bad.

What's up with black line on his Hank ass?

You don't have to use it often to get good mileage out of it.
You just use it like once per fight (Gunslinger + O/B) to get a fuckton of orbs. It's worth it for that alone.
Also, Hat Trick gives Dante a (slowish) Snatch.
The Red Orb ammunition is dumb until you're done buying stuff, then it just becomes OP as fuck.
It's a weird weapon.
It also lets you send out a tiny Pokemon, even though I don't know what the hell it's supposed to do. Looks cool, though.

Why would anyone "remember" V when he's literally just half a person's psyche given physical form? He's still around.

Someone should draw homer on his butt, kinda looks like his lips

Too many strawberry sundaes.

Post royal guard webms

>literally Hank Hill ass
V fujos BTFO

Attached: evans double vision.jpg (800x437, 37K)

And that's boring as fuck when you look at Lady, Trish and even Nico. Always hated her character. I hope her not even appearing physically in 5 is proof they'll get rid of her.

ETERNITY IN AN HOUR

I see, thanks m8

Attached: flockoff.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

apologize

Attached: ur a faget.png (1419x1080, 821K)

>Nico probably gets to watch
>implying she doesn't have cameras set up all over the place to record footage so she can watch something as she uses her "private model" devil breaker

Nico did say he had a huge surprise for her

But without damage fight take forever on DMD. It's bearable with Nero, but you have to fight that DTed shielded fucker for 5 minutes as Dante

>gee nero how come you get THREE jumps

I feel retarded. Are those Force Edges he's throwing?

What do people think about Patty?

Should Dante ask her out on a date like promised?

Attached: 1552341374613[1].png (1254x708, 684K)

why thats so retarded, its not like it would not fit in the move list make paranoia back and forward plus style button and make it forward and style button

It's a travesty what DMC5 does to Trish and Lady.

>Kyrie realizing she married the grandson what she knows to be God.

>It also lets you send out a tiny Pokemon
>do this by accident
>can't do any hat moves
>figure I'll just treat it as my little bro and style around in front of it
Maybe it gets stronger the more orbs you have, who knows

Is there a ur a faget edit of the bit where he tosses V's book to Nero at the end?

>V is just Vergil
>when he's literally just half a person's psyche given physical form?
Where have I heard this before?

Attached: Roxas.png (685x908, 697K)

Why would you do this uncle Dante

So I'm playing on the normal difficulty (the hardest one at the start) and while I only ever die once at the boss of each stage, I'm only ever getting B ranks with one A rank. I haven't ever hit an SSS combo yet, usually just S a couple times each stage and every once in a while an SS. It's been years since I've played DMC4
I feel like I'm getting better but still feel like I'm doing like shit, any advice? Just got past mission 3 and rescued Lady

>yfw Kyrie is the dom

Attached: Let it die sweating.gif (400x300, 2.93M)

You're not wrong at all, but most anons here aren't likely to realize that.
I'm glad they didn't bother making a model for a non-character whose barely involved in the plot of DMC5.

Attached: Donte says hello.gif (315x315, 2M)

>I just can't handle shadow as well as I'd like

Well for some reason they thought making dodge recall the summons would be a good idea, so you'll be interrupting them constantly.

Attached: 20190312004601_1.jpg (1920x1080, 557K)

He's not good, by far. Maybe time as V made him respect his humanity a bit more. And after getting his ass whooped by both of his living relatives, his pursuit for power seems pointless. The least he can do now is just go on a rampage in the demon world with his brother, since they have nothing better to do and are basically immortal there.

While they are barely in the game they still manage to make more of an impact than fucking KEELEEAYYY

I'm not sure there are people who care about the anime

>Nero tries to make the argument that the kids could get sucked into the portal when Vergil's exiting it
>Vergil just says it won't happen because reasons

He literally does remember though, he just didn't know Nero in particular was his son because he pumped and dumped. I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand. He never says "I have a son?!" he says "Nero is my son?", there's a difference.
Also, does anyone else find it weird that during the fight with Dante Vergil says "my son means nothing to me" like he already kind of knew, but the acts surprised in the cutscene after?

Attached: 1551683110365.png (190x360, 96K)

a qt

joke's on you, fag, she already did

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190309201455.png (1920x1080, 2.61M)

Switch weapons and vary up the moves you're using more.

FOOLISHNESS

Attached: Devil May Cry 5 2019.03.12 - 00.42.25.10.webm (1174x1684, 2.49M)

The Vergil fight for the first time made me actually stop being a brainlet and actively switch Dante’s styles mid-battle where as up to that point I got through nearly the entire game using Swordmaster alone.

Was pretty cool ngl

Why

haha what do u guys think his demon cunny smells like?

I'll make this eventually

Attached: 601150_20190311221528_1.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

Salty faget

>promise
Like every other promise he made to her? What about the biker dude he bet to take him out to dinner? Patty already said she doesn't like gross old men.
>inb4 she was just saying that because she's a kid
Doubt

>"turning good"
He just maybe won't feel like killing Dante all the fucking time.

Fuck you!

Attached: sad.png (910x812, 2.12M)

Imagine what Nevan would look like in the RE engine.

Roxas was quite literally a blank slate. He didn't have any trace of his old personality. V and Urizen is more analogous to Ventus and Vanitas

>Nero goes to get something while his kids are playing vidya in the living room
>Comes back and Vergil is suddenly there
>"Hey dad! Grandpa's here!"
>"How the-"
>Nero notes the closing portal
>"You know you can just CALL when you want to visit y'know."
>"That's less amusing..."

I miss them lads

Attached: 1552147954084.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

based and lightfilled, thank you

DMC5 Nero is honestly what Donte should have been
Acts like a younger Dante, more cocky, gets a bit angrier, but also more attached to his human side and other humans.
DMC4 Nero was just stale but DMC5 Nero is what I feel like a younger Dante would have acted like which is pretty neat.

Did Sparda really hit that or was she just teasing Dante?

>kingdom hearts invented the concept fragmented physical incarnations of aspects of a single individual

Attached: 1544225532806.jpg (591x468, 41K)

He hardly turned good, he just realized his mistake and went to fix it, much like he did in DMC3 when Arkham stole the show. Odds are, if he ever returns to earth, he'll probably stay off the radar and try to make amends where he can by stopping the occasional demon outbreak.

>strawberry sundae

K I N O

Give him some devil’s catnip and watch him go to town. Seriously though, I know what you mean about trying to close the distance with him since Griffon’s dash covers so much ground. There’s always getting closer with V as I’ve seen a few posts saying their damage increases the closer V is to them but I’ve yet to really test it. Injecting some DT does seem to get the ball rolling in an awkward pause of action and enemy placement.

They'll be back in the DLC when you can control Vergil like V.

pointing out a character is for button mashing retards doesn't make someone salty

What exactly is this mechanic, I saw it in the skill list but couldn't get it to work

based and fairy godpilled.

Attached: 1531957725846.webm (1024x768, 2.16M)

Anybody else prefer Rebellion to DSD? I just liked the simple broadsword look to it, just with a skull. I was really sad when it was broken
I prefer Alastor to all though

There should have been a "that" in between son and means.

Why did Nero feel the need to take a picture of Dante and his sundae?

KC is so fucking fun bros.

Attached: 20190312000337_1.jpg (1920x1080, 307K)

I think it makes sense. Having to take a defensive action SHOULD interrupt your offense.

>the fucking anime gets all these references while 2 is exiled to the novels

>spoiler
I presumed it was a spur of the moment thing, since he was pissed off and busy trying to defeat Dante after fucking up 6 times before. After the battle he had a second to catch his demented boomer brain up to the fact that Dante mentioned some more family.

>they kept the vergil clone DT
>didnt keep his superior version of summon swords
Sad!

Attached: magic missile.webm (640x360, 1.78M)

They didn't get the ending they deserved. They legit only wanted to fight Dante for the fun of it since their life no longer had any point.

Attached: 1537547773763.png (128x116, 13K)

>provides Nero with a voice of reason to believe in himself when he's lost and at the end of his rope
>accepts him for who he is despite their upbringing teaching them to fear and hate demons
Get fucked, and stay wrong.

So did someone just slap a Vergil skin on V, or does playable Vergil get to have V as a mode/style?

>And after getting his ass whooped by both of his living relatives
Vergil never lost to Dante in 5

Any suggestion for dodging damage against bosses or tall enemies? I had a lot of trouble with mission 2's boss because there's no air dodge, so whenever I started an air combo I always felt fucked

>Boring as fuck
>Cites Lady and Trish as not being boring in DMC5

Nigga they job so hard you don't even get to see their attempts at fighting, then they hang out for the rest of the game. DMC girls always lose all relevance out of the game they premiere in, it just so happens that Kyrie is the anchor for Nero's humanity through love. If you remove her the entire character of Nero is thrown into disarray.

Have you tried shooting with it? This plus summoned swords makes Dante a Touhou boss.

It didn’t but it is funnier to look at it that way.

Attached: 1197BB9F-5DF8-4DA6-B60A-AEE9FB73767E.png (940x620, 426K)

Eff word

According to one of the novels, he is a bit on the asexual side of things.
Most human girls dont get him excited. Probably needs either some demon part or be really cool to get him interested.

He hangs out with Lady because she is also a cuhrayzee demon hunter, and Trish because she is both a demon and looks like his mother.

Why you gotta do that to Dante man

The Christian Bible

>watching the History of DMC cutscene
>oh boy maybe they'll explain the plot of 2 if it's important at all
>in-depth about 3
>"2 also happened"
>in-depth about 1
pfft

>Cunny
Nigga that's a hemipenis container.

Why else do you think she was so pushy about inviting Dante to her birthday?
I care

Do you get anything special for beating ALL the dificulties with S?

all of that looks so fucking lame. His movements are so careless and imprecise. Vergil doesn't even need to use his hands, he just does it.

Shouldn't you be talking about V then?

She was cute, and it would have been fun had she maybe taken up demon hunting, or at least become well versed in magic like her mother to help Dante. But it's hardly a huge loss that she just lives normally. Do have to wonder why she was so obsessed with having Dante come to her party. He probably got dragged to loads of others beforehand.

Well seeing as he's on mission 4 he isn't swapping weapons for a bit.
The start of any run is going to be rough because of your generally limited moveset, just keep trying to vary up your actions until you get a bigger pool of moves to do mid fight.

They weren't fighting him for fun, they knew they had to die to completely free Vergil from their influence.

>but also more attached to his human side and other humans.

Donte isn't even human, which instantly makes him lose a lot of the appeal of Dante, because he doesn't even understand us. Journalist like to make out like Donte is actually properly written like a real person, but he's not even a real fucking person.

why didnt dante just shoot the fruit

Oh please don't pretend this shit doesn't follow fucking DBZ rules. Sorry but Virg-eta is a benchsitting grumpy hero from now on. Enjoy the utter rape of any character he had in the past.

Begone, fool.

Here's the thing. They couldn't invest too much in terms of gameplay or story for V as his style of play was a gamble.

However, now that we know that people like it they will definitely be bringing back a summoner for the next game. So here's my suggestions for that would-be character
>Be able to summon different demons the same way dante switches weapons
>Collect a new demon type per boss encounter
>Be able to do more than just perform a finishing blow with O. Perhaps be able to perform counters for attacks that your demons parry
>Better tracking for your summons
>Bigger base movement

Now here's the thing? What kind of character in the canon would be able to do something like this? Maybe someone who's descended from a powerful magician? Maybe someone who it would make sense to have their latent powers awaken at this point and time she just became 18? Maybe pic related?

It would at least give Dante. some motivation to protect Patty from this life. Could be the crux of the next game, all you'd need to sort out would be the next big bad. Maybe using her to open a portal?

Attached: patty lowell.png (348x319, 154K)

Mission 2 boss might be the exception, you're generally pretty safe in the air.

Shitty advice, but honestly just look for the patterns and attack tells. Try to not put yourself in situations where you'll get hit more easily (i.e. launching an air combo next to flying/tall enemies)

I feel like Dante would fuck Vergil before he fucked a woman to be honest.

Nah, taking care of it is better.
I legit don't understand

How do you have your appliances set up? I have a power strip where I connect everything but sometimes it decides to shut off when I play DMC5. Looking for alternatives because I want to no-life this game while I have the chance.

Dante doesn't really actively hang out with them though, they just show up and live out of his place occasionally (or get him to kill demons for him). He hangs out with them when they're there but he doesn't actively look for them. He just sort of sits around waiting for work.

We turning Patty in Maria Renard now?

If you throw Kyrie away Nero legitimately becomes Vergil. Kyrie is the only thing that keeps him in check, otherwise he would have turned out exactly like his old man.

So you used royal guard in Dante's final fight with Vergil right?

RIGHT?

The live action cutscene where Dante does the hat dance is very good. The actor does a good job dancing and gets the moves down exactly.
Anyone with webm abilities that can make one of it would be appreciated.

You get a blowjob from your oneitis if you have one.

Is this a joke or a shitpost? The fact that vergil doesn't move while he summons them is the coolest part of summoned swords.

>7
No way fag.

But he's supposed to be independant of the summons, that's the entire point of summons in the first place.

I do wish there was just a bit of V inside Vergil that would go "Btw, im sorry about that Urizen thing.", but he never even mentions it.

Have you seen how much blood there is flowing in that tree? For a whole month? Crewcut saying that "everywhere" is getting attacked by demons?
I think the kill count of that is in the 10Mi range if it was contained to the UK, 100Mi - 1Bi if it was world wide.

He didn't know what Dante meant by your son until his brain caught up to him on the second part of ripping his arm off.

Then he went oops because he had relied on Nero as V to get him that far.

Because he saved her life and let her hang around his place. She got to watch soap operas and eat pizza.

>It's the kids' birthday
>Vergil insists on making some lavishly exquisite meal for their dinner
>Dante just busts into the house with like two dozen pizzas and a ton of icecream
>They're about to fight until Nero and Kyrie remark that the kids love pizza
>Vergil just sits quietly by himself, claiming to not be sulking when probed by Dante

He's the human side of Vergil. If anything Vergil in the special edition (his dialogue plus like two maybe three cutscenes of him post revival campaign) and future games will probably act like something in between.

DMC3 Vergil would have never in a million years just stopped trying to kill Dante because his son beat him up a little, nor would he decide to save the world at the cost of being trapped in hell. Even during the ending it's clear that they're only sparring and fighting to see who is stronger, and neither one wants to kill the other anymore, which is an enormous change from how Vergil was before

They should just make a glorified Pokemon trainer. Some fag human who goes around killing demons and instead of Devil Arms he gets their souls trapped in gems or something. Then he can summon them ala V and swap on the fly like devil arms

I wish this game had more environmental set pieces like Nero’s fight on the subway escalators

>power strip where I connect everything but sometimes it decides to shut off

Attached: 1429751756176.jpg (841x640, 57K)

YES

Attached: 601150_20190311014747_1.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

flock off

Story is about killing Mundus once and for all.
Summoner character is Mundus' son who also wants to kill him for whatever reason.

It would be easier to just bring back V with some sort of asspull reason to be honest.

The library files imply that she's had a crush on Dante ever since the conclusion of the anime. It also implies she still lets herself into the shop occasionally, to tidy up, or just kill time.

How can people say DmC has good design when Mundus is the biggest pile of shit next to that one DMC2 boss.

>Missing the point of a story that's not that hard to follow

Vergil was corrupted by power and separated himself from his humanity thinking there will be nothing holding him back. Urizen is completely out of control and now devoid of humanity. V, who is also Vergil by the way, looks on in horror at the monster he's become. Probably the first time he's seen himself from the outside He knows he has to try to fix it so he finds Dante. According to the novel he wanted to defeat Urizen before all of this started but he woke up early. Then V goes to get Nero thinking he needs all the help they can get.

V is where you actually see Vergil's growth. V starts off pushing this onto Dante and Nero. Everything he does is to make them better so they can fix it. The turning point for him is when he's talking with Trish and tells her how he needs Dante to "right his wrong" and when he turns to her for validation she tells him he's a big boy. HE needs to see this through. His attitude changes from "Nero needs to do this" or "Dante needs to do that" to actually trying to do shit himself. We then come to the scene where he says "I have a duty to see this through." Finally taking responsibility for his own actions. Instead of dumping it on Dante and Nero, he needs to fix it.

Now when he fuses with Urizen V restores his humanity. Vergil had no intention of killing Dante or Nero. Dante was the aggressor in this situation. Vergil tells him "Defeating me like this will do you no good. Heal your wounds Dante and we'll sort this out." He wants him to clear his mind before they fight. Which leads to him fighting his nightmares and during this Griffon calls him out for knowing V was Vergil the whole time. He never saw past the monster wreaking havoc on the city. Dante does start to cool off and that's why when he confronts Vergil again he's not as aggressive. Neither is Vergil. They sorted their shit out the only way they knew how.

In the prequel novel for 1, he was a ladies man, but every girl he got with would treat him like shit and mock him for having nightmares and crying over Eva's death in his sleep

DMC5 is the closest this game went full anime with bullshit powerlevels like Sin-DT and character motivations and that's why it felt flat for me. DMC 3 was way more restrained.
So what if Vergil is a reluctant hero or an anti-hero or whatever the fuck you'd call it. They just finally got this shit out of the way and they can finally write proper stories with the characters and go somewhere. This was the main thing that needed to be tied up, since it was loose during 4 games.

That's all I want at bare minimum. This summoner playstyle can work, they just need to give it more depth now that people have shown they're willing to accept it.

This for an alt outfit when?

Attached: DanteSparda.png (733x991, 727K)

V should've had Vergil's concentration meter from DMC4SE. Would've made a lot more sense since he stays away from combat anyway.

>Summoner character is Mundus' son
defeats the purpose
Son of someone like Mundus wouldn't need to summon, he'd have enough power of his own.

that was a pretty neat moment until the hell cainas got stuck trying to climb back up at the bottom

You know, I wonder, how many people did Sparda personally kill before he had a change of heart? He was a Demon Lord in the underworld, a proven maestro of the blade who had apprentices and shit. He had to have been involved in the war between mortals and devils before he switched sides, and that must have meant he killed rather a lot of humans.

Trish likes to eat Pizza while lying on his desk for some reason, unless she was trying to come on to Lady there.

Mundus can conjure demons out of thin air. He just makes another V to fuck with Vergil, and V pulls a Trish and helps kill Mundus.
Easy as pie.
The in-universe logic is so broad that pretty much anything is possible.

Why does V look so different from Vergl anyway? Speaking of which has anyone done V with Vergil's hair?

He tries to fight Mundus alone before the game begins but Mundus cucks him of most of his power when he kicks his ass and gives him the same aids Vergil had.

Dante hints at the new role for Vergil when he ponders if V's pets are after him to atone for something.
That, plus V's revelations, plus the change of heart at the end suggests Vergil is now the Vegeta of the franchise.

Crew Cut saying "everywhere" meant "everywhere in the city", because otherwise Nero and the gang would not have been able to lame it out for an entire month before going back in. As for all the blood, it is certainly an absurd amount of blood but I chalked that up to exaggeration.

>Vergil tries to give them violin lessons
>Dante buys them guitars instead
>Vergil nearly convinces Dante to take them back but then Nero comes in and starts jamming with them

Yes. It's always been force edge. It's just more detailed in this game.

What's with you and mentioning dbz and kh all the time? You keep mentioning them as if they are the ones that came up with that shit.

SSSPOOKY STYLE

Attached: DevilMayCry5 2019-03-12 00-35-41-17.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

Thank you for this

They replaced V with Vergil.

>Vergil is now the Vegeta of the franchise.
This is so goddamn likely it hurts.

Attached: 1292225624700.jpg (694x448, 97K)

Only for jumping parries on his Helmbreaker and dumb flying attack.

You will lose.

Attached: what.jpg (1425x596, 71K)

Am i gimping myself if I use sparda ocer Dante's devil sword? Do the summoned swords even do that much more damage wise?

Isn't that pretty much exactly what Soma and Shanoa do in Castlevania?
I'm not even against the idea, just pointing out that there are 2D action games with this exact concept.

Disappointing

>Change of heart at the end

From the moment he becomes whole again he was changed. If he had killed Dante when they fought he would have done the same shit he ended up doing with Dante, which was going to hell to kill all the roots and stop the invasion.

Then he probably would have gone on some kind of autism quest to revenge kill Mundus.

Did anyone else find this scene really fucking hot?

Attached: 601150_20190311212007_1.png (1920x1080, 2.4M)

>Vergil wants to pull some crazy ass Hibachi chef cooking
>Gets cock blocked by Dante with the pizza thing
>They almost go at it when Momma Kyrie gives them the "Cut that shit out it's my kids birthday."
>They put decide to have a small truce and put on the CUHRAZZIEST birthday party ever

Attached: 20190312135121_1.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

Listen fujos, I'm just as much as a fujo as the next person, but I've never understood why we have to be desperate enough for Dante and Vergil to fuck just because there are no other attractive men in this series and Dante acts as fruity as a bowl of punch from time to time. First off, he's not that vain, second, his brother pisses him off, third (and most importantly) incest. Yes I know porn is irrelevant. I don't give a shit either. I'm just seeing a lot of desperation over the fact that we got V only to find out he's Vergil.

Welp, if people doubted there was a girl for Dante to have kids with, we got one for sure now.

Never knew you could have so much autism about an anime story.

And what's wrong with that? Vergil is too fucking old to continue his autism, he's realizing that and that kind of growth from him was completely unexpected but it's nice when a character actually develops.

I agree the whole angel mom thing was fucking retarded but he still is depicted as caring more about humans, it's just done horribly

>giving up animationless spiral swords and swordmaster-less aerial raves

I'd say so.

Discounting Vergil, I found Goliath, Cav Ang, and Urizen pretty fun
Balrog
Tomboy
Don't really have a favorite
Dante with Nero being a close second

Attached: 1549567803607.png (426x283, 105K)

>summer vacation, kids are out of school
>Vergil insists on taking them down to hell to teach them about demons and hunting
>Kyrie has reservations, but Uncle Dante remarks he'll keep Vergil in check
>Dante and Vergil spend more time arguing over whose methods of demon hunting are better than actually teaching the kids
>kids come back home and admit they learned nothing except for swear words, which Kyrie forced Dante and Vergil to wash their own mouths out with soap for "damaging her children's innocent ears"

If anything, it would probably make more sense to be her dad, since he was completely excluded from the anime, isn't mentioned in Nico's report, and is already a demon summoner. Nina doesn't know how to do it, so Patty has no one to learn it from.

Though if they wanted her playable for the next game, they'd probably just have her dad show up in a novel.

Attached: 20190311223056_1.jpg (2560x1080, 436K)

Post a webm of you parrying Ultimate JC and I'll suck you off.

The summoned swords are great, if you bother buying Round Trips. Plural.

Spooky Scary Skeletons!

I firmly believe that Kyrie can make all of them shut up and play nice.

Considering Dante is clearly a virgin and his bro is the only person he seems to show any passion for, it's not a leap to ship them together. I don't care about the ship but come on, if Vergil was a female then everyone would fucking ship it.

That bird was more memorable than V

Because that's where the growth stops. He's now doomed to endless plateaus and sidelines for the sake of boring cameos.

They're easy points of reference for the key character development traits that get mistaken for being the origin of those traits by people who have only seen/played those works.

I very much imagine that both Lady and Trish have fucked women before.

V is going to come back in future games special editions
The reasoning will be explained in a weird short cutscene about how it's some prequel that takes place between DMC2 and 5 like how Vergil's cutscenes I'm 4SE were a prequel to 3

That scene is dumb because Dante had also been impaled by Rebellion in 4 and nothing happened. I always figured the loss to Vergil was what deviltriggered his activation of DT, and the rebellion stab was just the icing on the cake.

Where else did you want him to go as a character? He's pretty one-note. let's be honest. Him changing his megalomaniac views a bit was surprising and shows he did grow from being V, his human side.

VERGIL 2
KING CERBERUS
RAWHIDE
DANTE

nooo bro :(((

I remember that one secret mission very early in the game where you fight 3 of them

I'd prefer Sparda clothes.

>Vergil likes to just read to the kids whenever he's around
>Dante pops in his favorite flicks from when he was young
>it's often a Yea Forums vs Yea Forums conversation with them every time, but with more bloodshed

Thats pretty easy my dude

I parried it most times he did it

Does that rape van have infinite gas?

They better bring V back as his own character. I don't want another character that has the same playstyle, I want V.

You know I really like that Vergil's time with Nero as V and his defeat by him actually did put an end to the sibling rivalry, at least the part of them wanting to kill each other.

Attached: 1551767049238.png (191x258, 84K)

>day four of downloading the insanceramzes torrent
>87%
Fuck this is taking forever. Also, I have the crack I downloaded from MEGA, but how exactly do I use it?

There's lots of cute art of femvergil

Shut up let me have my fetish fuel
Though to be honest what you said there makes it even more appealing to me, I need moar chest impalement

Attached: 49122515_p12_master1200.jpg (500x675, 227K)

It's okay for things to come to a close, user. Keeping things going in perpetuity is only detrimental in the long run.

I did this earlier.

Attached: judgement nut ended.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Nero stabbing Vergil with Yamato didn't remake V and Urizen.

>Redoing mission 13 over and over to try and connect with people.
>Not connecting with anyone for some reason.

Attached: MY SKITTLES.gif (340x340, 1.9M)

But he'd never willingly impaled himself with it until then. Every other time, it was someone else skewering him with the sword.

I actually like Dante's favorite song from the anime, for what that's worth.
youtube.com/watch?v=no0M1A6jOU8

It worked because he had Sparda that time.

Nothing happened because he didn't have Sparda. Being impaled by Rebellion caused it to merge Sparda into himself. Yamato separates, Rebellion combines.

What other completely unique playstyles could they create for the next DMC game?

Attached: ThinkignBoutEggplants.png (384x384, 130K)

Frankly I can't stand a ship unless it's at least a little canon compliant. And there is just nothing there. And that's putting the incest aside for the sake of argument.

Urizen is still there, fuck off delusional Vergilfujo.

In 5, he absorbs Sparda
He never had Sparda with him all those other time he was impaled

I thought her dad was some random guy, while she and her mom were the ones with the power.

I just wanted a reason to post that webm

but you can summon a giant meteor out of orbs with it

>Everyone is just farming red orbs as Dante

Attached: bang bang bang devil trigger.gif (635x354, 2.96M)

>Rebellion was always stated to be the physical manifestation of Dante's power
>Dante literally shoves it into himself along with Sparda

Balrog, don't even use the kick mode and make sure you're using swordmaster with it. Hit an enemy enough times to ignition, then press the swordmaster button for the tornado punch and follow up with a real impact while they're stunned. Does fuck tons of damage and you get tons of style meter for it.

Do you need to beat Urizen completely in Mission 8 to S rank it on Demon Hunter? My style wasn't the best for the rest of the mission so I'm not sure if I could just get better and settle earlier and end up with the same result or what

Same reason Yamato doesn't open a portal every time it cuts. It requires intent.

Oh for sure, and if we go with the notion that Spara sperm can empower the mother who bears its offspring, she might gain a power that puts the two on edge and not want to upset her too much.

Control two characters at once

Gunslinger but good. When you lock on you can do a bounce shot 30 degrees to the left or to the right. It ricochets off a wall or off an enemy one time. Shotgun and rifle memes. I think a cowboy gunslinger with suped up weapons would fit real fucking perfect in this setting.

You can care about a group you don't belong to, but imagine Donte saying 'You surrendered your humanity' like Dante does to Agnus. I'd be looking at that scene side-eyed, because Donte can only talk about how he thinks humanity is.

If that's not good enough for people, then the conflict between Dante/Vergil where Dante chose to live with the people of his mother and Vergil chose to be with his father's people, is totally gone. Because Vergin in DmC has no reason to empathise with the humans if he doesn't want to, whereas Vergil has to contend with the fact that he's 'wrong' for simply taking pride in what his father was and half is, but also how secretly hurt he is that his human mother is dead.

I did like how Vergil seemed pretty cool and grateful to Nero. When Nero helped carry him to where he had to go I thought it was an evil smirk V had going but that may have been genuine gratitude

Also I think V knew Nero was his / Vergil's son in some capacity what with calling him "boy" and putting a lot of stock in the idea that he could be the one to beat Urizen

I can't believe that autistic Vergilfujo actually responded to you with a shitty wall of text of her delusions like anyone is actually going to read it. Embarrassing.

Same, I'm not really using it anymore.

He had Sparda as a fusion ingredient in V

Lady already exists for this.

My friend and I are syncing up to try and play together and it works maybe a quarter of the time. I really hope the DLC has coop.

your head canon is wrong. after that cutscene rebellions design sublty changes and the flavor text says that dantes blood awakened its true power

youtube.com/watch?v=MDDe8zwov9Y
Serious missed opportunity not having this song play when Dante finds his house, even just a little musical cue reminiscent of it

I could see Dante as asexual more myself, but I was just replying to the topic. Dante does not seem attracted to women sexually, or at least he doesn't feel confident enough to perform. Vergil is who he's closest to because of a blood bond despite the mutual hatred at times, they do love each other. If they weren't related and Vergil was female... then even more people would ship it.
As it stands it's among the most popular ships in fandom.

Damn, easier than it looks?

....I'd be very bad at giving head, sorry.

I'd care more about the anime if Morrison didn't suddenly become black. As was as interesting in the anime as he is in DMC5

>that shotgun to the face

I said not shit.

Dante is so fucking fun in this game, holy shit

Dante+Vergil in 3 made me always want to see an Ice Climbers style character. Imagine the desync shenanigans

ni

Yea, at some level, he must have known his connection to Nero. Otherwise, why assume Nero could possibly use Sparda against Urizen, right?

>vergil is just mash square and triangle: the character
>V is the same shit but instead of having broken teleports to dodge attacks you can just hang out on the other side of the room as your pets do the fighting

deep

Doesn't Dante bang prostitutes and shit?

That's ok, I appreciate the thought.

Attached: slay all.webm (1280x720, 3M)

is never surrender one of the songs in the deluxe editon

I see it constantly being referred to as if any other story is anything but original. I even see inuyasha comparisons. Why bother making those comparisons constantly when we know this shit has been done a million times before, its nothing new.

>So this is what they call a heartwarming family reunion huh?
>vergil handing Nero's very young kids some fuckass sword with gnashing teeth
>pic related

Attached: vergil__you_got_that_right__draws_sword__by_shoka_koharu593-d5mme3w.jpg (400x300, 23K)

>Dante never tells Griffon to flock off

FUCKING THIS

I was waiting forever... They were so many chances

... No?

Incest isn't a dealbreaker for me because I don't give a shit about the morality of fictional characters but I've always found them being two shitty bros pulling on each other's hair more entertaining than the loveydovey stuff, and if I ever ship something it's mainly for the entertainment factor.

Literally only said it because I thought it'd be the ultimate parrying challenge, live and learn, not to bet my mouth on a long shot I guess.

why can't he be real

Attached: 1543461271576.jpg (600x500, 68K)

He didn't seem to have much trouble "flirting" with the angler nymphs in DMC4, even if they were just puppets of sort for a giant toad.

>Vergil gimme the “Yuh-Motto”

Attached: 38109B3B-6ADC-4FC6-9FA4-C9AB75368F6D.jpg (790x395, 36K)

How do you do the punch-kick rushdown with Nero?

>"Nero, if I beat your daughter up, I beat you by default. Fair?"
>Squalling toddler laying there underneath a greatsword.

Lady isn't shit. She's awesome. Trish is the character they need to really revamp.

He probably thought he was Dante's kid.

He thanked him because become whole again wasn't motivated by evil intent. Onc ehe became whole again he was Urizen "ME RULE WORLD WITH POWER", he just wanted to beat Dante.

Attached: 1435470525044.webm (852x480, 2.85M)

fuck off niggerface

He tried to flirt with Lady as well until she put two bullets in his dome.

It's pretty heavily implied in the novel at least that he was a bit of a manwhore at least when he was younger, he just isn't good with actual committed relationships. I don't get where people get the asexual or 40 yr old virgin thing from

Yea, I'll admit that was a huge missed opportunity.
>Flock off... feather face.

Fuck

Attached: 1552235977847.jpg (390x398, 135K)

that's how you pronounce it, unlike YUHMATO in DmC

I just figured I'd try it when he starts moving, based on this one.

Attached: judgement nut end.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

And Trish when she first came into his office.
Which must have left him feeling very awkward after she removed the glasses to reveal her face.

ehat

New thread?

Kylo Ren
here, I said that

>asexual
>reads porn mags and has nudie girl pictures all over his office
>the Nevan scene
>Rusalka scene from 4
>his interactions with Lady from 3
Jesus christ tumblrfags are literally delusional

Would glasses even do that much to hide one's identity?

You're retarded. Millions have died.

So what are the additional style announcers?
There's Nico but I also heard Morrison was one too?

Fair enough. I don't care much to argue either way since I don't mind the ship but don't have strong feelings for it.

Flirting is not fucking. Dante is all about showboating. We never get any confirmation he's had sex unlike with Nero and even Vergil, now.

I don't remember that.

Poor you, you can't read more than few sentences can you?

this is looney tunes shit
>ha, ya missed!
>did I?

A swodsman with style switching.

>D-pad up
Wind style: dedicated to movement attacks

>D-pad right
Fire style: dedicated to combo attacks

>D-pad down
Earth style: dedicated to heavy charge attacks

>D-pad left
Water style: dedicated to juggling attacks

>D-pad double tap
Void style: seathing the sword, counter attack

Buttons would do different directions of swings, which can combo in different ways.

How many people do you think Capcom had to sacrifice to make this game look so good and still run perfectly?

Attached: 601150_20190309020112_1.png (1920x1080, 2.51M)

I didn't like the DSD either. Something about not having the charge animation for Round Trip felt wrong to me

>yfw the Urizen feeding on human blood plot was a cry for help from the dev team
>people too busy whacky-woohoo'ing to notice or care
>they suffer in literal silence

Original book had him flirt with some random girls, and if I'm not mistaken, one of the daughters of a hunter friend was basically crushing on him.

I think its funny that faggots were claiming that you couldn't make Rebellion integrate its SM moveset into its base form when DSD does literally that and more. Literally 100s posts down the fucking drain.

Beat SoS. You can wield Rebellion as well as DSD, one-man army style. It's kino.

Again... flirting is not "having sex"

Because they are both attractive and fierce rivals. It's a trope that's long been fujo bait. So much so, some of the anime industry depends on the fujo bucks made with this trope. I'm aware. The fact that they can stab each other and resist pain only fuels it. And the final fight with their hair down in the rain? You can hear fujos gushing just playing it. It's all there. It was supposed to be cool but it had another effect. Is it wrong that I wish it didn't turn out this way? Dante is cute. He'd be cute boyfriend. Even if it wasn't a boyfriend and just a guy that tags along behind him because he's "enamored". Just Dante doesn't have that. All he has are his magazines and Lady and Trish sometimes to talk to. He didn't even have his loli friend. He missed her birthday. I guess I'm like everyone else that wants to see Dante settle down and be comfy. But not in the traditional way. I just want him to travel on a motorcycle and enjoy the world with someone by his side that's supportive. No one, male or female fits this niche.

Same retarded fujos who want V back remember that.

Am I the only one who loves how the RE engine looks? The scanning might not be the best for characters, but when it comes to environments it has that raggedy and heavy quality pre-rendered stuff had in old titles like RE.

It's been awhile, so I could be mistaken. I know Nina is the one descended from Alan, but I thought they mentioned Patty's dad in some one-off line as him studying summoning, or something.
I guess they could always just go with the "she wants to know more about her heritage" route. The idea of a bratty teen bickering with the bosses could be pretty amusing.

Faggot

Attached: 1552142913608.png (357x303, 96K)

Nobody said it was you dingus.

>I just want him to travel on a motorcycle and enjoy the world

MGTOW Dante when

So how does him flirting making him not a virgin.

>I don't remember that.
In the novel it talks about him seducing women pretty pretty easily but just not having lasting relationships. He also dates some girl briefly. Said girl told another girl (who had him stripped down naked in her) bed about "it" and how she wanted to see "it" for herself, clearly talking about his dick. Jesus chrst, how does Dante not having a canon love interest or it being literally stated he's fucked in game mean he's asexual. This is pure mental gymnastics. There's more evidence to suggest he's attracted to women and may have had flings in the past
>I guess you were young once too.

You're probably thinking of Alan, her ancestor. It's likely a case that her mom got knocked up and had Patty on her own, thus both having their ancestral family name instead of whoever the dad was.