How do we fix the Persona series...

How do we fix the Persona series? We all agree the next game NEEDS to be a college setting with a female protagonist set somewhere other than Japan but what else does this series need to truly shine?

Attached: Persona.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/846mAjy_Cns
youtu.be/kKTHQWqE_R0
youtube.com/watch?v=mGqoPQZyUsk&t=0s&index=107&list=PLKnNtzNfg7jet-fjiHfk-SgmmY2Q0ZRvh
youtube.com/watch?v=-u0yK6H0908&list=PLKnNtzNfg7jeaGEf5wxXPqNtGAD-ARe57&index=52&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=mw2-FiN1wgI&list=PLKnNtzNfg7jc494h3NiCMk7pKOckt-AY9&index=3&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Suck Sakaguchi's (Creator of Chrono & FF) dick & get him to help develop the game

By doing nothing you recommended. Keep the highschool setting, and let you choose the protagonists gender like in P3P. College setting wouldn't be bad though.

No, fuck off, everything you said is awful. Go play some otomes and kys when you're done

LGBT representation desperately needs improvement and a more diverse cast is a must, are you telling me there's zero black people in Japan?

Yu is such a fucking Chad

>further move the series' gameplay closer to SMT's
>have a development cycle that doesn't last forever so things don't get rewritten over and over again mid development, leading to a cohesive narrative
that's all you need

Attached: 1393695427934.png (1024x1024, 278K)

all they have to do is make the game actually good with a decent story and it would be miles above every other entry

Remove social links and confidants.
The social life shit is removed for real-life plot stuff and information gathering/minigames while the vast majority of the game happens within dungeons/places where you fight.
More focus on Personas.
Let you assign your party member's Persona.

Oh boy do I have the game for you my friend

Attached: 20190115150555_1.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

Hopefully p studio played it. They can learn a lot from it.

Remove calendar system, make actual fucking dungeons (at least past the first dungeon, Persona 5), stop adding like 8 party members, shrink it down to like 5 at most, no wacky mascots, make it SLIGHTLY more difficult, relationship stuff can maybe stay, but overall more jungian shit is necessary.

B-but my waifus?? theres no waifu dating in SMT? REEEEEEE

I said gameplay user. The social sim stuff inbetween chunks of gameplay is fine, it's part of the appeal for Persona and it'll never go away

Attached: 1500952830542.png (171x207, 35K)

Bringing back demon negotiations and guns to Persona 5 was a great.

Pick mc gender, P3P was my favorite, playing the game again was actually cool and so many things changed playing as a girl.

No homo I swear.

Is Persona 1 worth playing?

MC should be trans

MC should be a nigger female from Southside Chicago that goes to Harvard

Japanese setting is fine
College is fine
Female protagonist is not necessary but since the MC is always a blank slate anyway just make it so you can choose.

I don't understand, is this good?

>remove everything people like about Persona
user no

>is this good?

Attached: smugcorrin2.png (508x610, 27K)

Why wouldn't you just play SMT at that point...

I would like to know this about both P1 and 2.

Attached: 1552269261023m.jpg (1024x578, 111K)

No you don't understand if you remove all the unique elements that have made the series popular and make it a generic jrpg then I'll like it.

they should just focus on mainline smt instead

Attached: 1550690288956.png (850x1202, 41K)

But user you're not EA you can't just do that to a franchise

yeah

High school setting is just way more immersive for the anime life simulator imo. However considering P5 has already done the Tokyo setting, what people should be thinking about is how they are going to top that setting.

Do they go back to smaller towns, keep a Tokyo setting, go to some place in the mountains?

Good stories, old as fuck game design. Random battles every 20 steps, difficult systems that are complex as hell, constant grinding and upgrading. They're OK if you can stomach the worst of jrpgs but they're amazing for memes.

Attached: fuhrer.jpg (310x289, 21K)

>mountains
Endless Hotsprings

get rid of the anime and waifus

Yeah, it's the only game in the series that does justice to its Jungian themes.

Are there any female Jack Frost? I know about the king but that's about it

how about fuck you

>grinding
Persona 1 is easy as fuck except for the final boss.
You can finish Persona 2 Innocent Sin with starting personas.
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment is slightly harder, but nothing special.

This but homo.

I've seen 1 black person when I visited Tokyo last year, and she was a tourist. So no, no not a lot of them there.

Are the psp ports good?

Frost Five has some girls I think. Maybe not.

1 > EP > 3 > IS > 5 > 4

Daily reminder

Attached: 1549334475722.png (500x442, 162K)

Yes, they're much more preferable to their PS1 counterparts.

Well at least you put 4 where it belongs.

Doesn't need fixing. Persona 3, Persona 4, and Persona 5 were all great games that achieved everything they set out to achieve from story, gameplay, and atmosphere.

I haven't played the first 3, but the last 3 were near perfect and I wouldn't change much for future instalments except for graphical improvements and replace endless VN dialogue with more anime cutscenes

>We all agree the next game NEEDS to be a college setting with a female protagonist set somewhere other than Japan but what else does this series need to truly shine?
No we don't. Nobody wants what you just described.

>We all agree the next game NEEDS to be a college setting with a female protagonist set somewhere other than Japan
You morons are as funny as reading self-insert fanarts that think they have revolutionized their beloved fandom with their brilliant ideas.
Go on OP, send a letter to atlus or something with your superior taste

>3 that high

>lackluster dating sim and lackluster JRPG with tacked on calendar system
>good

I want the college setting. I don't even remember what high school was like anymore.

>female protagonist
Not opposed, but why does it NEED to be
>not set in Japan
Why? Atlus knows Japan. I'd rather them continue to do what they know.

Question, why does it "NEED" a college setting? How is that functionally different from the way Persona 5 operated. You were already running around all over the city like you were an adult, you even got to fuck 20-year-olds so what would actually change about the setting if it was college instead of high school?
This just scream insecurity. Like you are embarrassed because your pleb friends are gonna be like "is that girl 16? ewwww"

1 > IS > EP > 5 > 4 > 3

Not that I don't like them. They're all at least good. Persona 3 was just the weakest out of them. Ikutsuki and Strega are worst villains in the series. Shinjiro and Chidori's deaths were comedy gold due to poor acting. Edgy story really doesn't mesh well with friendship simulator gameplay. And then The Answer was just pile of poop. Only parts I liked were the start of the game and the end of the game.

Attached: 1551490820215.jpg (333x279, 16K)

You cant not set it in japan the entire series is about japan.

All Persona games are about the same college.

test

College setting could be cool if it was like Grand Blue manga. Not happening though. Nu-Persona writers are shit that can only steal ideas from original Persona games.

>named major character in two games
>reuse same name for another major character in a later title, despite having no connection to the previous character
atlus pls

Attached: 1534995334924.jpg (700x870, 92K)

>P6
>option to play through the entire game in first person VR
>can make eye contact with best girl and feel her hand hold through the little joycon grips
>great audio so you get the full ASMR experience when hanging out or just walking through the city
technology, pls hurry

Attached: o-VIRTUAL-REALITY-facebook.jpg (2000x1000, 306K)

Because Americans relate to college the way Japanese relate to high school. If they want a wider audience they'll prioritize appealing to Americans.

I don't think anyone on the nu-persona team after 3 has ever even touched the earlier games. There's no way.

>college setting
But why
>female protagonist
Is it really that needed
>set somewhere else
Only good point you’ve made kinda NONONONO last thing we need is ff trash
I would say so
Persona 2 is pretty good has my second favorite cast of characters gameplay is a bit of a shit compared to later titles and no s.links or calendar(not really needed)
No

Attached: 314B16C4-B446-4468-8F13-FA945AEF7A2A.png (1672x1672, 1.53M)

But uhhh Joker spreads rumors too! And he's a criminal, he summons Satan! Wowie! Sasuga Jokah!

reboot Persona 2 into one game and make a HD remake of Persona 1

>Yu is such a fucking Chad

The only other dude he had to compete was with Yosuke. He's not a Chad because a bunch of bored townies dig him.

I think the games don't need fixin, they're pretty great on their own and each one has it owns appeal and core themes that made then stand out on their own.

I just fucking want a remake of P1 though, I think it fucking deserves it since is the one that started this branch of the franchise and a lot of people tends to ignored it because how dated it is.

Really? You didn't notice how entirety of Persona 5's plot is just rehashed from Persona 2's plot elements?

How the fuck can someone be so wrong

Attached: 21FFD656-7DB8-438B-BD89-6836539EB351.jpg (500x777, 256K)

>college setting
maybe
>female protagonist
nope
Look at the stats in Mass Effect or AC:Odyssey, female protags don't sell

are you retarded user?

Make another protagonist like the Rabbit.

Attached: 1550633965720.png (1280x960, 891K)

>reboot Persona 2 into one game
It won't work retard

Maybe

damn thicc
built like a motorcycle

>persona
>great audio
That's where I draw the line. The compression they use is always awful. She'll look like she's coming close to your ear but sound like she's on the phone

Persona 6 should take place in a prison

it's literally the same game dipshit
Just combine it into one game where Maya's story continue after Innocent Sin a la Persona 3 FES where you have to do Aegis's shit after the Minato died so we don't have to buy two games with the same fucking title

I think the writing team was handed a wikipedia-esque synopsis of the plots of the first two games and that's it. And some designer threw Suduo-Joker's mask onto P5's Reaper without anyone noticing.

3>every other game

Attached: A7DA3D63-AB49-4445-B16D-CCC7A1C636AF.jpg (680x383, 50K)

>I feel like I've known you all for a long time
Ah, so this is what they call a red herring. Seriously though, what the fuck was the point of this line? Just "LOOK WE REMEMBERED P2"?

>Setting the game deeply entrenched in Japanese culture anywhere other than Japan

You're a fucking idiot and you should feel awful about making this thread, OP.

IS and EP have more differences than P3 and P4

What if it was cowboy persona?

is that on atlus, or the hardware they use?

I retract my previous statement that'd be fucking dope

Why does the Reaper even exist in 4 and 5? Wasn't it tied by lore to Death and Tartarus?

What would Arthur Morgan's Velvet Room look like?

cowboy bebop persona

This. Yaldabaoth is just a knock-off Nyarlathotep.

Tahiti

>MUH CAWLLEDGE SETTING

Attached: 1447477862071.jpg (512x384, 37K)

>Persona
>deeply entrenched in Japanese culturre
lol
It's one of the most western SMT spinoffs. It's named after western psychology. And P5 makes the setting more irrelevant than it's ever been, considering there are less NPCs to talk to than either of the previous nu-sona games.
The only thing that makes P5 "entrenched in Japanese culture" is its incredibly shallow fight-the-power narrative that has no weight almost anywhere else in the world, because only literal dictatorships have more taboos against rebellion.

Fuck powers of friendship and go full edgy story like Persona Trinity Soul

But i highly doubt Atlus would have balls to do that

Attached: Trinity soul characters.jpg (612x501, 41K)

>Persona began as a spin-off based on the positively-received setting of If.... Its trademark features include a high school setting, a group of students as the protagonists, a silent protagonist similar to the mainline Megami Tensei franchise, and combat using Personas

>we all agree that [delusional autogynephile faggotry intensifies]
no

But it was bad honestly the worst fucking anime I’ve seen

Funny that Nyx is a knock-off Nyarlathotep as well. Hinokagutsuchi is a knock-off Nyarlathotep too.

Train station. Because there's always a train...

Stagecoach but more importantly what would his starter Persona be?

is this the new tranny word of the month

Now I can give Nyx a bit of leeway in the sense she is established as the embodiment of Death. However the spiel about here being the "Mother of Shadows" on the other hand is where I draw the line though.

It'd be called The Good Samaritan.

If Atlus followed the suggestion in this thread the next Persona would be the lowest selling one and be bombarded with 1 star reviews on amazon.jp

How is Nyx like Nyarlathotep? The ayylmao has no ill will towards humanity and only grants death if Erebus calls for it.

Because 4 and 5 are just wholesale copies of 3, with random shit mad-libs'd in there

>you're a transfer student new to _____(town name)
>you meet the plucky delinquent _____(guy name) and sassy popular girl _____(girl name)
>but then you accidentally stumble into _____(alternate dimension) and learn about personas and shadows
>uh oh, it looks like humans secretly desire _____(negative thing)! use the power of friendship to defeat _____(deity of negative thing)!

Christ

Attached: 1549330213238.jpg (433x650, 73K)

Sounds like a winning formula.

I think it's clear that Persona 3 was initially about Nyarlathotep again, but then they decided to just rename it.

Nyarlathotep also says that he's only giving humanity what they want. It's the same.

Story and characters are interesting though but i can't deny anime was disappointing overall. It's lot of wasted potential

>the s.o.y face

That's a bit of a stretch. Nyarly's directly fucking around with humanity to ultimately get what he himself wants. It's different from Nyx who mainly doesn't have any interactions with humans.

Nyraly says alot of things. At the end of the day what happened in P2IS at least happened because Philemon made a bet with Nyarly that humanity could overcome its self destructive desires. Nyarly didn't destroy the universe because humanity wanted it, he did it because he wanted to win a bet, he just gave humanity the tools to do it, and watched as they then destroyed the universe.

Sure but P4 and P5 have what P3 doesn't have within that formula: good characters

Attached: 1546665909949.png (340x337, 15K)

There was that black dude in P5 in the same area as the gun shop

Play Persona 1 right fucking now

Attached: 1541216444230.jpg (720x996, 132K)

He robbed it

I don't play games made before 2000 unless I've already played them before 2005

Attached: 1540917938916.jpg (500x375, 50K)

It needs to find a way to not completely isolate and alienate me as soon as relationships and friendship is put to the forefront so I can stop dropping them 12 hours in God dammit P3FES is so good but my social autism is making me want to shoot myself every time I boot the game up fuck

>We all agree the next game NEEDS to be a college setting with a female protagonist set somewhere other than Japan

So basically you want the series to die on the next installment?

Persona games have been traditiomally set in Japanese HS because japanese people like the games and their best memories are from HS.

Making it set any where else is a shit idea from a business perspective.

There's lots of niggers in certain areas, but they all work for the Yakuza.

What would Spike’s velvet room and starting Persona be?

LIVE THIS BALLAD MANLY

>doesn't need fixed
>wants a remake
Make up your damn mind you spaz

Fuck off trannyera. I recognize that stupid list you fuckers made.

I kind of want persona 6 to have a more horror themed story like the previous games.
Dungeons in P5 were a huge improvement from the last games and I hope to see more of that.
A female protag would also be cool, but devs think its a waste of time unless they are doing some kind of cash grab.

Dunno about his Velvet Room but his persona would definitely be the Hanged Man,

If you agree with any of these points you might as well chop your balls

Attached: tgvi1armlqs01.png (1024x2322, 787K)

And how would you know that

School life becoming front and center from persona 3 onwards is so odd to me.
In the older ones school was a much more minor part of the story and many of the characters were past school age.
Also the stories tended to move much more quickly instead of being spread out over a year.

It feels like the series really stagnated after 3 hit it big.

Because it was a good laugh when they released it after P5

Attached: Ji1JQ4q.png (1024x1970, 708K)

Female protags aren't a cash grab. They're a cash anti-grab only made to placate the SJWs.

If you want the real Japan's opinion of that SJW bullshit, go no further than Danganronpa V3, where they spent the entire advertising budget pandering to the SJW shills, showing off their female protagonist only to kill her off 2 hours into the game.

I don't know character customization could be cool.

The school life thing in 3 was supposed to be a meme, but the majority of players liked it so much they've stuck with it. No getting rid of it now.

Persona just brings up bad memories from highschool, escapism my ass.
SMT all the way, fagtrons.

I think the idea in 3 was to slow down the pace and really give you time to understand the characters. Same with s-links. Psychological themes, all that shit. But then 4 and 5 continued it without really knowing why.

>a list of completely reasonable ideas, most of which would at least be interesting changes, some undoubtedly for the better
>"B-BUT THEY WANT TO LET GAYS INTO MY VIDEO GAMES, FUCKING SJWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Attached: 1546905592816.png (640x773, 49K)

Autist

P5 had the right idea but holy shit did it feel like a fucking slog and the plot didnt really captivate me.
Then again, its just as lackluster as 3 and 4 anyways so its not like I was expecting much past "We gotta beat those crummy adults up"

is P3 portable good Yea Forums? I want to play it on myphone I never played persona games.

Well the last female protag in a persona game was for P3Portable and Atlus did that to milk the waifufags.

Then why play it? If you didn’t like 3 or 4 then what did you expect

Persona 6
>Color : Green
>Arcana : Moon
>Core theme : Memories, Dream, Reflection, Bliss, Fantasy, Illusion, Nightmare, Despair
>Initial Persona : Fairy Tale characters
>Ultimate Persona : Deities of knowledge, wisdom, enlightenment, and craftsmanship
>Main location : Small village network in the deep mountains of Tohoku region, complete opposite of P5's urban Tokyo, far more rural than P4's Inaba
>Other World name : Dreamscape
>Persona summoning : Book or script
>Velvet Room : Massive library with fireplace
>Soundtrack genre : Folk Macaroni Western
>VR Attendant : Librarian woman in her 40's named Agatha
>Mascot : Owl

Attached: Persona series temperaments.jpg (400x400, 35K)

Play FES instead. Portable is really only for people replaying the game.

Next game will be in an elementary school with loli protagonist with a mean attitude and takes no shit from anyone.

dumb wojakposter

Retard

gay

The developer is actually a cool guy.

I'll play along
>Color: Green
>Core theme: Jealousy, envy, despair, hopelessness, narcissism
>Initial Persona: Arachne
>Ultimate Persona: Phthonus
>Main location: Upscale area of Japan, ritzy private school
>Velvet Room: Hall of Mirrors
>Soundtrack Genre: Classical
>VR Attendant: Same age as protagonist
>Mascot: Spider

I wanted to go beyond the tape and have a sick as fuck underground

And you talk to washed up characters and branch out
Alongside the school thing

HAHA! comfy

Rural is boring

Aside from losing the sick ass metal of PS P1, yeah

Don't forget the part where the main villain was a stone's throw away from the heroes the whole time, before a SHOCKING TWEEST reveals that the villain was actually (embodiment of the Zeitgeist of negative emotion du jour) manipulating everything!

Half of the complaints on there are
>Do it but make it BETTER
Or
>STOP DOING THINGS THAT OFFEND ME
As well as other shit to make it more of an obnoxious Galge instead of a fucking dungeon RPG.

>the game NEEDS to change
Yet somehow, with almost the same setting the games are all different and strike a different tone and still be successful. Maybe you NEED to drown yourself faggo

Here is the funny thing, Nyx got it's ass cut by the P1 cast during the snow queen quest and the MC didn't have to die. He totally wrecked it's shit. Nyx in P1 isn't a shadow or a demon. This is why the P1 MC can't come back, dude is too fucking CHAD for the story. The nigga sings to demons and get them hype to join him.

Not to mention Yusuke is basically a rip-off of Jun.

>Furious running intensifies
LIVE WITH BALL AND MANLY

I love Yukari!~

Attached: IloveYukari.webm (1280x720, 1.13M)

Nyx in P3 is nothing like Nyx in P1.

Obviously it got slightly rewritten to distance Nyx from Nyarly, and Erebus was tacked on only in The Answer.

youtu.be/846mAjy_Cns
youtu.be/kKTHQWqE_R0

You can see that the game was originally much closer to P1 and P2.
Remember that shadows are supposed to be part of Nyx? It makes much more sense with Nyarly considering this design.

Attached: 1529151019375.jpg (332x500, 43K)

Fuck Americans. The main audience is nips

Americans can stick to their halo trash

P5 already fixed persona

add romancable faggot party members

Nyx is Nyx, and it got BTFO by P1MC. What you going to tell me that YHWH from SMT2 is the not same YHWH in Apocalypses? It is the same dude, and he got his ass kicked again.

>Female protags aren't a cash grab. They're a cash anti-grab only made to placate the SJWs.

So the likes of Laura Croft and Samus were created to placate a group that did not exist?

>female protagonist
Yes.
>college
>set somewhere other than Japan
Into the trash it goes.

>m-m-muh female protagonist!
Die, yurishitters.

Attached: 1535183454712.jpg (619x426, 23K)

It is not. Nyx from P1 is Goddess Nyx. Nyx from P3 is a fucking ayylmao.

Seriously, fuck P3's plot. Nyx being an ayylmao that gave birth to collective unconscious and all shadows is the worst thing that happened to this series.

>female protagonist
Suck my dick you irrelevant sub-human

Give us a story that actually manages to be ballsy while simultaneously spitting in the faces of those who turn to these games for escapism.

Basically another game that starts off like your usual Persona before suddenly experiences a major tonal shift in its latter half with everyone and everything going south real fucking fast.

On the other hand.
>college setting
Would be a fresh change of pace but I doubt it'll ever happen.
>female protagonist
I wouldn't mind this at all but I'd rather have the option to choose between a male or a female blank slate.
Would really like to see something like this, even if it's just about some high school kids going on a summer vacation trip together, but once again I doubt it's gonna happen.

Attached: CB5AEA9F-4275-42FD-8DD1-EBC87DF1161E.jpg (1455x1080, 242K)

It is, but it's more of an SMT game rather than Persona if you know what I mean. It has almost nothing jn common with newer Persona games. If you can handle it, you can play the original SNES SMT no problem and it's better than Persona 1 in most ways.

Doesn't fucking matter, All writers and directors involved with the recent personas either retired or working on a different game. Persona will never be the same again.

They should finally do that thing Cozy mentioned 20 years ago, about making a SMT game that makes you travel Eurasia and go to Israel to fight God or whatever.

The main character is 21 or older
Non school setting
The ability to talk with demons
The protagonist of Persona 1 is the main villain
The game has a darker shade

There is a mod for restoring PS1 soundtrack. Apparently, it improves loading times or something too.

>Remember that shadows are supposed to be part of Nyx? It makes much more sense with Nyarly considering this design.
Oh I know. In P2 Nyarly literally creates the casts Shadows out of nothing since he is Humanities Collective Shadow. Just as Philemon is Humanities Collective Persona hence why he can summon the casts Persona's out of the blue. Its also interesting that Nyarly can also create Arcana and summon souls from the Sea of Souls. I would assume Philemon has all the same powers.

Good idea. Just give up on mascots and the series is slightly improved. I've watched Kakegurui recently so the private school setting sounds really good.

I mostly meant the design, since Persona 3 shadows look literally like that.

Well yea there's that to. I do wonder if Hastur and Necronomicon are in some way working with Nyarly since they all share a common design theme. Also I am bummed that Cthulu never got a redesign in P2 to bring it in line with Hastur and Nyarly.

>college setting
Glorified high school 2.0 for pretentious adultchildren in denial. I'd rather the protag start off as a NEET than this crap.
>female protagonist
Okay if optional, retarded otherwise to shrink the audience down to otomefags and desperate yurishitters when it's doing just fine as it is.
>somewhere other than Japan
No

>Because Americans relate to college the way Japanese relate to high school.
I came to this conclusion too. It's all the more reason to ignore clamors for a college setting if they won't even be able to connect to it. If anything, Persona should further enrich the high school experience.

Kinda agree, he's a big fish in a small pond. Joker's achievements were more impressive.

but I can't play ps2 games on my phone

>How do we fix the Persona series?
it's hard to say. 3 was a huge step forward in every possible way. 4 and 5 slightly perfected the formula but didn't evolve it. 6 either has to do some things (like combat, dungeons, social aspects) very differently or expand the systems we already have a hell of a lot more to be considered true sequel.

Sounds interesting.
What will the MC's excuse be to move to such a rural area?
His old school got closed? The doctor advised him to live in a stress-free environment for a year?

>start in high school
>graduation is end boss
>college is post game content setting up the sequel

There is no sequel. Life is basically over after college... At least the fun part.

You become a high school teacher and the whole thing starts all over again

>with a female protagonist
Cringe and bluepilled

>no high school setting
>MC is Bear type but not gay
here, I fixed P series

Attached: 4214723101_f9c71e91ee_m.jpg (240x149, 21K)

After Aliens and fixing gay people through time travel I have no hope for a well written Persona let alone an Altus game

It might be interesting.
You can focus on stuff like religion, mysticism and folklore.
Clash between old traditions and modern society. Maybe a somewhat sombre tone with the declining population of the rural villages.

I'm looking forward to it.

yikes

Does Atlus hate money or what?

This
I needed a gay character to romance in P5.

>All these people this attached to the High School setting
I don't mind it though really. If anything we only need an older cast. Maybe Senior's who are in the 18 ~ 19 range with some additional party members being in their late 20's.

Attached: 1552211920756.png (680x680, 378K)

>Persona 3 is basically just Persona 1
>Persona 4 & 5 is basically just the Persona 2 duo logy

>Sure but P4 and P5 have what P3 doesn't have within that formula: good characters
At least the cast has proper fucking character development that happens alongside the story. All the development for your crew in P4 & P5 is downright limited to social links. Pathetic.

>I want an adult cast
>I don't want a high school setting
>I don't want social links
Can you fucks just ask for a new Devil Summoner? It'd be real nice

I want an adult cast, I don't want a high school setting and I want more social links than ever.

Devil Summoner is dead. It was like a byproduct of SMT and Persona that ultimately died off early. Really it was just a series for Atlus to experiment and tell random stories and they turned out to be amazing.

No we don't agree. Piss off.

Finish with the series and don't release a new game in 10 years, focus in new spin-offs and mainline only. SMT1/2/If all need modern remakes.

Fix the pacing, especially if youre going to keep the calendar system. Also more of the 'what happens in the real world affects the other world' type of thing too, they only used that a few times in 5 (like the artist guy and Sae, and that was only in a cutscene). Have different ways to open up new paths in dungeons like the rumor system in 2 but needs consequences. Also the party can equip multiple personas like 1 or 2.

Attached: persona.jpg (720x575, 183K)

Devil Summoner initially was pretty much SMT without the post apocalyptic setting. Story aside, Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers were basically what new SMT games at the time would have been.

The oddity here is that the Raidou sub-series takes the Devil Summoner name but is something completely different with no ties to the previous games. It's even more of a break than Persona 3 was.

Ultimately though, that probably hurt its identity which is why they dropped Devil Summoner as a brand.

I can't imagine persona without the Japanese high school setting.
It's a franchise that blends a modern Japanese society with supernatural elements in a urban-fantasy setting.
It's always set in modern Japan because the devs themselves are Japanese and the game is based on their vision of the society they live in.
When the setting changes to a more "exotic" setting like America it just becomes fantasy.
A game written about a place they are not familiar with and have to use their imagination.

Also, the structured high school life works well with the datimg sim elements of the game and a good excuse to have a diverse cast together at the same place.
Japan likes glorifying youth. Maybe because they're life is still looks open for endless possibilities, or maybe life past high school is very depressing there?

Retire it for one generation and allow Re:Fantasy to take its place.

I don't agree with moving the series from Japan or Asia as a whole, but I don't know why people are so hurt about wanting to leave the HS setting behind. Persona isn't bound to it or anything, and we could just as easily keep the same core elements like Social Links and psychological focus. College is literally just a more advanced school setting with a more diverse group of people. You can date people in college. You can still be youthful in college. Your possibilities are still broad in college. These things aren't limited to a HS experience.

Attached: 1551319499681.jpg (240x210, 12K)

I really really want an orphan but a fleshed out story about how he got his powers at an orphanage after some strange shit went down there, and from there I want a linear story with set time skips where you get to play throughout his entire life, with one dungeon/arc per stage of life and following the main story. Multiple endings depending on how you talked to people and what you did on those dungeons
The setting and all that shit can change but I really want a lifelong story

yeah, imagine persona but in a space station full of autistic new type orphans

>Persona 1 is easy as fuck except for the final boss.
It is? I keep hearing about its notorious difficulty.

I tried playing it, but got lost in the world map and quit.

If Raidou were a one off game instead of it's own mini saga, I could have saw the Devil Summoner series continuing to be it's own branch of spinoffs or so. Still though, SMT without the post apocalyptic setting is pretty incredible. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Nobody cares about glorifying their college years in Japan. In literally every form of fiction or even non fiction, it involves high school. That's damn near the peak of living to them.

Is the Persona 1 Nyx really different from the Persona 3 Nyx? I remember this subject being very intensely argued on /pg/ a few months back.

>Like ATLUS knows fucking anything sbout other countries, much less their colleges

People like you would just bitch about the inaccuracies.

Shut up cuck.

College is pretty lax in Japan. The issue is that more people go to highschool than college, so high school setting just has a higher target audience that identifies with it.

There are some anime and drama with college as setting though even if highschool is more popular.

>Female MC is a thirty something who contemplates suicide after seeing her career crash and tumble to the ground after working for God knows how long
>her entire family who are career folks disavow him
>entire party consist of addicts/workaholic OL's/neet/people with deep issue
>make it as dark as possible while at the same time has the theme of redemption and change

Attached: pink ball.png (280x180, 7K)

>ATLUS makes the next game take place in college
>"What the fuck, this shit's nothing like college!"

Our colleges are pretty similar, actually.

Then explain why the masterpiece Maison Ikkaku exists?

Literally who?

Well of course there's still some works about the college experience, but most fictional media in Japan is essentially about high school or involves teenagers.
It's an old Rumiko manga. The author of Inuyasha.

REAL
TIME
COMBAT

We SMT Devil Summoner 3 now

The setting is fine, but I would love a female protag. Part of the reason P3P is my favorite in the series is because of Minako.

Attached: bd96e7cfe9179078e04c7cb1aebe286c.jpg (912x568, 131K)

You have to be over 18 to use this website

There’s a difference between being underage and not being a weeb.

>Maybe because they're life is still looks open for endless possibilities, or maybe life past high school is very depressing there?
Probably many of their identities were forged and trajectories of their lives were decided there. Some people can't get through their skulls that they're entertaining media from another country.

>uses 4channel
>goes to a Persona thread
>claims not to be a weeb
No user. You were the skeleton all along!

Persona is normie now.

>Nyx from P3 is a fucking ayylmao.
What? She was on the moon, but she's intrinsically tied to humanity. It's not like she was some alien entity unrelated to people.

If anything Persona 1 Nyx is different from P3 Nyx because it's heavily suggested P1 Nyx was just Tomomi's Persona (or Shadow, although the concept didn't have a proper name at the time). She's outright called her dark side at one point.

>Redirects to the weeb argument
>In a Persona thread
And no, Persona being a normalfag series doesn't change the fact that your comment was retarded.

Stop making it about fucking students. Give us actual freedom.

>openmouth.jpg

Nyx was an Aylium but after 4 returned back to the jungian roots they probably retconned that now as just something spiritual that replaces the moon during the Dark Hour.

No female protagonist you fucking nigger, fuck off to your daily dilation

Wagecucks don't have freedom. Only NEETs with rich parents do.

Persona fails at emulating real life why the fuck would it follow the rules of real life?

You do have actual freedom. No high school students are allowed to roam the red light district at night.

>College setting
Sure would be pretty good
>Other than Japan
Fuck no
>Female protagonist
Even more of a no. Either male or give me a choice

>p6 has a femc
>no male mc
>waifufags get assblasted because pretending to be a girl and dating guys is gay
>sjws get upset because you can’t date any women

I did.

As if the parents actually care when they're there too.

Needs more villains like 2's

Attached: nyarly.jpg (800x600, 166K)

Its impossible to say as no one at Atlus has ever addressed the issue. Some would say yes since both Nyx's appear in a similar fashion (they both have an affection for making you climb towers), and both have the same goal in mind albeit seek to execute it differently. As well the events of P1 and P3 occur 13 years apart. As well P1 Nyx does say she will return when Humanity wishes it.

I think the uncertainty comes from the fact P3 is a soft reboot of the series and P1 Nyx is never really explained at all. Appearance is not an issue since P1 Nyx is just another Avatar form composed of Maki and young Kandori, not unlike Nyx Avatar in P3 being Ryuji. There's also the issue of Nyx being the moon, however once again P1 never states where Nyx came from. Its all speculation and I doubt it will ever be resolved.

I'd personally love a university setting, but let's face it that's never going to happen.
Realistic wishes:
>comfy setting like Hokkaido or a Ryukyu island
>colour of the game is green (it was red for 5, yellow for 4 etc)
>MC is a foreign exchange student (fits the usual story), half Japanese and living with his hot aunt (a man can dream)
>all the combat and QoL improvements from P5 remain
>make it possible to max out social links without being too autistic
>much better pacing
That's it, you'd have a 10/10

>living with his hot aunt
Is she romanceable?

I liked it better in EP where he constantly fluctuates between looking like dickish versions of the main cast.

Just a reminder the worst thing to exist is humanity itself.

Attached: IQSR4au2_400x400.jpg (365x365, 25K)

No, because I think that's too taboo even for Japan. But there would be plenty of awkward moments that would make the story amazing (her walking in on you taking a bath, asking you about your girlfriends when she's drunk etc). Think Misato from Evangelion.
There would be endless frustrated threads on Yea Forums about "best girl" not being romanceable.

Your ideas are complete shit what the series needs is
>No more party member social links
>If you have to have party member slinks have them be reflected in the story or give the player options to shape party member skill growth with them
>Less but better romance options with more things to do with your girl
>Bring back multiple weapons for the MC
>Better dungeon design instead of randomly generated hallways and everything after the first pallace
>Don't treat the player like a retard with the puzzles
>Smaller scale story, no god as the final boss except as a secret boss
>Enemy persona users
>Unlock the entire party by the third month
>Don't tie every party member to a dungeon
>Breakable social links
>Diversify party abilities, no more "every party member has a single elemental specialty"

Attached: 1516934560272.jpg (543x447, 68K)

Those are even worse.

Velvet Room needs more people in it too

Attached: singer.jpg (800x600, 162K)

>No more party member social links
why
no. giving him his own weapon makes him more unique and less of a gary stu
>Breakable social links
FUCK NO
>Diversify party abilities, no more "every party member has a single elemental specialty"
they’re already diverse. just because they have one element doesn’t mean that they aren’t.

The Velvet Room theme needs to be updated. We've been hearing the same song for 3 straight games now. There was a time when it seemed each game would get its own unique version of the Poem for Everyone's Souls.
youtube.com/watch?v=mGqoPQZyUsk&t=0s&index=107&list=PLKnNtzNfg7jet-fjiHfk-SgmmY2Q0ZRvh
youtube.com/watch?v=-u0yK6H0908&list=PLKnNtzNfg7jeaGEf5wxXPqNtGAD-ARe57&index=52&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=mw2-FiN1wgI&list=PLKnNtzNfg7jc494h3NiCMk7pKOckt-AY9&index=3&t=0s

> We all agree the next game NEEDS to be a college setting
Yes.
> setting with a female protagonist
Female/male option, yes.
No, fuck off.
>other than Japan but what else does this series need to truly shine?
More side activities, dungeons, relationships, and dialogue options.

>>No more party member social links
No
>Less but better romance options with more things to do with your girl
I agree with this, having every female confidant be dateable was a mistake.
Why? It was fucking useless in P3 since the sword was always the best weapon.
>Enemy persona users
We already have that.
>Unlock the entire party by the third month
no
It's already like that. For example Teddie is Ice and support while Chie is Ice and physical.

I don't get this blond kid motif they have going on. Yes we get it Elizabeth was cute, you don't have to force it in with every game.

They’re all siblings.

Most of these are actually solid good ideas.

Less handholding, more waifus

And Ken is both Light and Useless type because why the fuck not?

>more waifus
jesus christ

>useless type
what, zio?

Elizabeth, Margaret, Lavenza, and Theodore are all siblings. My own head cannon is that Igor, Belladonna, Nameless, and Demon Painter are Siblings having been created by Philemon. So there's like 2 teirs in Velvet room.

Based and redpilled

I didn't think it was possible for someone to be this retarded.

>best Persona barely had anything to do with school outside of the first hour and had several party members in their 20s

Attached: 1552332116743.png (356x311, 84K)

>>No more party member social links
No
>>If you have to have party member slinks have them be reflected in the story or give the player options to shape party member skill growth with them
Yes
>>Less but better romance options with more things to do with your girl
Yes if the girls are actually likable. Don't make best girl not romanceble
>>Bring back multiple weapons for the MC
Divided on this. Having one weapon makes the MC unique but more weapons gives more customizability
>>Better dungeon design instead of randomly generated hallways and everything after the first pallace
I think that's a given
>>Don't treat the player like a retard with the puzzles
Yes
>>Smaller scale story, no god as the final boss except as a secret boss
Just make the story good
>>Enemy persona users
>>Unlock the entire party by the third month
Yes
>>Don't tie every party member to a dungeon
Yes
>>Breakable social links
Yes
>>Diversify party abilities, no more "every party member has a single elemental specialty"
They're already diverse

Cringe

Attached: JPEG_20190307_201314.png (851x643, 798K)

Make p6 be like digital devil saga instead of pokemon. Make the demons give skills/spells instead. Don't care about social links

yeah it's decent, commonly agreed as the worst persona game though.