The Elder Scrolls

Alright Yea Forums, I got all three of these games on the Christmas sale. I haven't played any of them yet, which one should I go into first?

Attached: tes.png (246x54, 3K)

order or release

If you play it from Skyrim back you will get aggravated from all the things that aren't there anymore.

Play Morrowind then quit

If he plays Morrowind he will.

Morrowind is the only good RPG on that list, but the combat is too dated for a zoomer to enjoy. You're probably just better off never touching them so that you never risk understanding that you missed one of the best rpgs of all time, but are too ADHD to enjoy it.

oblivion for the experience. skyrim for the pleasure. morrowind for the bored feels and dissatisfactory.

Oblivion

Shouldn't it be the opposite so you start from worst to best?

Attached: 1548642230102.png (404x404, 118K)

I'd probably play Morrowind first, otherwise you're going to feel irritated by the quality of life features missing as you go backwards.

Morrowind is still very playable today if you mod it. It's tough to play vanilla. There's a lot in it we were able to overlook or stuff we took for granted back then.

If you want some modding help, I'm happy to give you some advice.

Uninstall wizard

Play either Morrowind or Skyrim first, and don't touch Oblivion.

You had to wait for a sale to get games that our are over a decade old? This steam games are cheaper then physical copies is a meme

Morrowind: Awesome for old school. Dice system fucks it up for people introduced to the series though. Map is fucking huge.
Oblivion: Prepare for good relaxing times. I suggest that first.
Skyrim: Game mechanics are more up to date. Side quests not nearly as good as oblivion. Probably won't even use shouts. Main quest has a fuckton of Todd.

Attached: 1552278029402.jpg (750x416, 40K)

That's why he said order of release.

Morrowind is good but need mods

Oblivion is underrated, people bitch about the aesthetics but imo it's the comfiest tes game. The oblivion gates get very repetitive, biggest drawback of The game

Don't even touch skyrim it's hot garbage

Morrowind has the smallest map in the series by far.
They use tricks to make it seem larger.
Slow movement speed
The volcano and foyadas impeding movement
The travel network being less than useful
The fog

If you mod out the last one you see how tiny the scale is.

Morrowind and Oblivion are both unplayable trash unless you grew up with them and have nostalgia for them.

Isn't that the point, though? Mirroring has the smallest map but manages to feel like an adventure because you can't just fast travel everywhere. The travel systems are incredibly useful because of this. Between shrines, silt striders and mark/recall for errands or dungeons it's the sweet spot between boring slog and fast travel making exploring the game have no meaning

you'll probably just mod the shit out of them all using some reddit guide anyways and make the games unrecognizable like most of Yea Forums does
so don't bother playing them at all

what are must have morrowind mods for a first timer?

just play vanilla, he's going to recommend garbage like mgso anyways

I wasn't going to recommend mgso, actually.

I'd start off with some stuff to adjust leveling and magicka usage. Galsiah's Character Development, or Natural Character Growth and Decay for leveling, and something like Better Regen for magicka.

Find something for carrying space and walk speed, too, cause those will drive you crazy. Morrowind Code Patch is pretty much a requirement, it fixes a shitload of bugs. Delayed Dark Brotherhood delays a scripted quest so you won't do or get OP equipment early on (referring to a specific unavoidable quest). Morrowind Optimization Patch makes the game run a hell of a lot better. There's a 4gb patch you can apply, too.

This is all nonwithstanding OpenMW as far as I know. I haven't actually tried it out yet.

Attached: 39209_elder_scrolls_morrowind.jpg (1920x1080, 621K)

There's plenty of stuff to fix up the UI, too, just in terms of bringing it up to higher resolutions. Get some font replacer, icon replacer, things like that. You can replace the splash screens that appear during loading, too, which I recommend. There was a really good mod for that that uses concept art, though I forget the name.

There's a metric fuck ton of texture and mesh fixes you can get. I'd focus on fixes, not replacers, as you can drastically alter the game's aesthetic if you're not aware of what you're using.

If you like reading books in-game, I'd get a mod that makes that nicer and easier, too; higher resolution, less ugly, that kind of thing.

Graphic Herbalism is a good one, because it'll sensibly remove the bit of plants you pick, instead using containers in the plant and leaving you wondering if you picked it.

Tamriel Rebuilt is cool, you can try it or leave it.

Making moving around the map tedious is the exact opposite of going on an adventure.

>stats, enchantments, and potions that make move speed high as shit
>can literally make potions that let you jump around the map at will
the only fault here is your own ignorance and lack of creativity

Yes I am stymied by my inability to create a way to enjoy tedium.
Not sure that is a flaw though.

This. But on the other hand if you play it from Morrowind forward you will get aggravated from all the other things that aren't there anymore.

>Tedium

I suppose if teleporting to the arrow is your idea of fun user. Maybe take a second and actually enjoy the journey instead of just skipping it, though?

>having to plan out where to go and go there yourself instead of just instantly teleporting there
>opposite of an adventure
retard

Nothing of value was lost moving forward from Morrowind.
Unless you were really a fan of useless journals.

>deleveled world
> free magic system
>factions actually requiring competency
>Your choices impact your relationships
>Interesting MQ
>World that was more than generic fantasy
>Actual sense of progression

idk seems like we lost a lot.

Start with Morrowind, keep in mind it is kinda hit or miss.

Yes that has all the thrill of remembering bus schedules.
If that is your thing then shine on you crazy diamond.

In other words you don't enjoy and likely have never even played an RPG

> deleveled
They added more aggressive level scaling because Morrowind was piss easy in very short order.
>Free magic
Not sure what you are talking about
>Factions
??? there was an easily avoidable FG/TG conflict. Not sure what you are talking about.
> Choices
I believe choices affect faction relations in all TES games,including Daggerfall.
>MQ
Fair point
> Generic
Odd for the sake of odd is an acquired taste
>Progression
See the first point.

Outside of the MQ nothing of value

Not the tedious ones anyway.

You should have pirated them or bought the physical release of Morrowind and Oblivion.
>sale
Oh wow, a sale on a download, how generous!

>you should have bought garbage to collect dust
wow what a great investment

yawn. can you imagine actually bothering to bait on Yea Forums in 2019. dont engage with this poster.