UNIST Thread

BLOODSTAIN

Attached: 56699303_p1.jpg (571x570, 216K)

What if unist at evo was the big news they were talking aobut

Pass is vee

Attached: D05YrnUUwAAQC9o.jpg orig.jpg (1018x769, 93K)

HELLFIRE

SHADOW

Doubt it cause FB staff were completely surprised by the announcement too.

Holy shit 6 frames. Didn't feel quite that bad though.

That bad? It was around the usual 3-4 for me. Guess I'm sitting out once more people show up.

Honestly, it really didn't feel like 6, but that's what it said.

Is there a pc lobby up?

Just the PSN lobby as far as I know. Just start one up and people will join if the last few times is anything to go by.

Fuck, I saw both those kuuga meaties coming and I fucked up DP twice.

HEAVEN ON LANDSLIDE

Messed up dashblocking three times in a row near the end there. Been I while since I've done that.
The timing's pretty specific, which is why the kuuga meaty after the EX Kuuga ender works so well. Also catches people who think they can just tech away.

VACUUMS
ON
WHIFF

Attached: DlBEtIfU4AACN3y.png (680x349, 67K)

Oh nice lobby's up while i'm awake tonight. Not sure how long i'll stick around since i got up early this morning, but i'll try to stay for a bit.

Attached: Phonon odd.png (1510x1686, 254K)

I gotta learn that hien cross-up that Dia is doing. Looks really good.

God, I hope that bit in the OP where Wagner is fighting Gord on the side of a skyscraper becomes an actual stage.

Hippie you might be amused to learn that apparently Royal has dropped Phonon. He claimed it was not because he got washed.

Are you talking about the 2c starter into charged Hien? That just sideswitches other Linnes (and sometimes Hyde and Hilda).

Think that was just a stylistic backdrop, user. It's not going to get that crazy so soon.

Attached: Under_Night_6.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

Ah, I thought he was picking him off the ground when he switched from charged hien into 214x.

kw: pclobby

Attached: Untitled.png (501x388, 7K)

Funny, he went on about how he wanted to keep playing Phonon on his twitter after that loss too. I'm still convinced I would have a hell of a tougher time if he used his Hilda more.

BROTHERS IN THE DARK

I actually took games against his hilda last local, so I'd like to think some progress was made on that front, not sure if he was just rusty from playing phonon or what.

Not really a big fan of anime fighters but the lizard guy looks cool. Should I pick it up?

He plays a shitton of games to be fair, I don't know how he juggles so many of them.

Attached: 1549986118880.jpg (3000x2475, 1.33M)

>over 2 weeks
>cheap UK copy still hasn't arrived

Probably should have just picked it up digitally during the sale.

yes

I still drop my spaghetti in the mirror matchup. I don't know how you guys deal with me.
As long as you're willing to play a puppet character, though a relatively easy one.

Be specific, guy with a lizard or guy who looks like a lizard

Darn, sorry for the lag spike there if it was on my end hippie hahaha.

Hopefully things turn up better in future matches.

Attached: 1550420181581.png (600x600, 167K)

Talking about the anorexic Barney with shaving foam for hair

damn, probably won't be able to get on for about another hour. Hopefully can finish my work up soon enough to get there though

> man who plays multiple characters in every fighting game is confused as to how others can play more than one game
you what? Also
> 5 frames

See, people were confused so that clarification was important.

Attached: yawotm8.gif (111x176, 480K)

absolutely

Attached: DplWiyyU4AAkz0Y.jpg (892x726, 72K)

Juggling characters within one game is easier than juggling different universal systems. Hell I still mash to tech in every non-GG fightan.

Whew lad, nice combo.

Yeah it was 0 bar when we got out.
He plays more than just one fighter, something I'm not even doing right now.

In that case, yes. He's best boy.
Also not a puppet character. That's Chaos, with a pet lizard.

He's such a cool character. How many merkava's do these lobbies have anyways?

I feel like the more games you play the easier it becomes to understand different systems and potential uses. Like how CS, V-trigger, Rapid Cancel, Roman cancel, Instinct mode, FADC are all used to make unsafe moves safe.
The most I've ever juggled is 3 games, but with the exception of recently I mostly play at least 2 at a time. I"m hoping Samsho changes that.

I seem to have forgotten how to fight long-ranged characters tonight after duking it out with dia and atic for so long.

Attached: 1549769151634.webm (900x506, 376K)

1 consistent one, but we get one or two others on occasion.

I can't play tonight unfortunately because my internet box doesn't want to let me connect to the internet. Even though everything else is fine the internet just won't work.

Attached: 1479139140293.jpg (376x479, 56K)

>Get out of bed to join PC lobby only to find that my net is down
God I fucking hate spectrum. Everything falls to shit after 8pm.

We got merk and sei. Pretty sure there was one more but said person doesn't show up anymore.

As far as fighting games went I guess 3 was my max too but royals playing shit like DMC5, Senran Kagura, Apex Legends IIRC, and Smite. Mans playing different games everytime i see him

>phoneposting
Nah I'm just kidding, hope you run into better fortune soon.

Oh I was only talking about fighting games. I've juggled way more if we wanna talk about non-fighters or single player games.

Now that is a weird shot. Also, I don't like the melee vs range matchup either.

Waiting is not my style for unga bunga.

Yeah nah, I can't do that. I fully commit to things and play them through. Most I've ever had multiple games to juggle was like 4 games.
>weird shot
V is clearly having visibly clear and serious doubts about his chances of survival.

I guess I'll just practice or play more DMC

Variety is the spice of life my friends. Is it really that uncommon? I'm technically juggling an assload of games too.

How do you punish orie's overhead? You need to respect her special follow ups? Can you shield it and interrupt?

UNIST was basically the only game I was playing the past year and a half with a couple handhelds and Castlevania on the side.
But let's just say that I wouldn't be able to handle playing the likes of two JRPGs at once.

You can interrupt the overhead itself.
You can also punish 214A but depending on the follow-up she puts in after, you'll either eat shit or hit her.

>Like how CS, V-trigger, Rapid Cancel, Roman cancel, Instinct mode, FADC are all used to make unsafe moves safe.
Except the meta behind the usage of those can be really different and that's what fucks me the most even going between two games. Like CS is essentially YRC on steroids except it ain't being used like that by my character much.

> he doesn't play two 100+ jrpgs simultaneously while also learning two fighters
get on my level

Attached: 1513539476787.png (768x768, 352K)

* 100+ hour

I guess she can cancel specials into specials or something too?

Shoot, I forgot about those minions! Haha nice one.

Her Summons have follow-ups on the ground.

For me having a point of reference helps with learning new games and how to apply certain strategies. Including more obscure stuff like throws making you projectile invlun in lot's of games.

I've currently got ~3 half finished 80-100 hr jrpgs, one barely started fighter jet arcade game, 1 tactics game, and 1 half finished Dungeon crawler going. in addition to the one fighter i'm currently learning, but i plan on picking up 1-2 new fighters in the next year or so.

Can you YRC a reversal that was blocked? seems like the biggest thing that keeps CS balanced is that it doesn't work on blocked reversals (unless you're akatsuki as far as i can tell)

akatsuki can't CS his fully invuln uppercut, only the anti air invuln one. I don't think any character can CS a fully invuln reversal on block

>Hyde's Venom Bite-like attack bounces off the wall and comes back around

Well that's nice of them to put that in. Didn't know it had that property.

It's actually really good for setplay if you have them near the corner to keep them guessing on when they're safe to stop blocking.

In case you were asking about actual YRC and not CS, the answer is no. GG makes it a point to not even let you RRC (the cancel that costs 50% meter as opposed to YRCs 25%) any meterless reversal.

Yeah it's new to [st]

It certainly looks like a useful tool to have. Seems like something an opponent would have to practice in training to get the timing of the block (though I imagine it hard to be blocking that and watching for a potential high/low at the same time).

Neat stuff.

Vatista's 2a isn't a low?

midscreen it's just good for corner carry, 236C is better for pressure. But depending on just how far the opponent is from the corner when they start blocking 22C changes whether or not it's a true blockstring, which let's you mixup them up harder since they have to almost guess on whether or not they can attempt a reversal.

2C and 2FF is her low

> vatista 2A a low
oh lordy would that be painful.

Attached: [4][6]C.jpg (635x474, 32K)

Which character is for smart people?

Attached: 1503001383197.jpg (336x441, 11K)

Well that's good to know. Appreciate all the info since there seems to be alot of things to consider when using it or fighting against a Hyde who has potential to lock you in.

>Can you YRC a reversal that was blocked?
You just spend 50% instead of 25%.

That's wrong though, you can't Roman Cancel any DP if it whiffs, but on block it's fair game to RRC.

Ps4 room up, keyword-vsux

depends, do you mean for smart people like "you have to think really hard to play them" or do you mean for smart people like "why work hard when you can work smart" Because i'd say Seth or Carmine for the former, and Phonon or Wagner for the latter.

GGs but I can't procrastinate anymore. Hopefully I can get a longer set in wed or thurs.

Attached: nanase_by_keroroblack-dd1k9k9.jpg (750x1064, 60K)

so it's just like BB's Rapid cancel then? I remember Jin can basically get out of any corner for free with his 623C+RC.

GGs

Attached: D1OVsQsVAAAXkLS.jpg orig.jpg (803x1109, 114K)

GGs m8!

GG's. I'll get your nanase next time!

Attached: angry phonon.jpg (500x800, 69K)

Most reversals can only be CS'd on hit. A bunch of A DPs can be CS'd immediately on block though.

>so it's just like BB's Rapid cancel then?
Well duh, same company, a lot of BB's systems originated in GG.

It's important to note that you can't chain shift reversal supers on block. In many senses rapids are more powerful than CS, but CS can be a lot more versatile in the ways it can be used and the benefits it gives.

No, but it'd be hilarious if it was

>Well duh, same company

Only publisher.

doesn't mean they function exactly the same. there are already plenty of differences in how the games handle RCs and Bursts despite being the same company.

Learn to read

he and I are actually talking about the differences in GG and BB's cancels in that particular comment. so same company is correct.

>expected grab after cs
>he dashes back and then goes for the grab
the mind games!

Attached: 1551260461926.jpg (500x500, 38K)

I feel like this image needs context. Why is Mika bullying Mario?

UNI killing smash memes

Beats me, I'd like to know as well. It's a real odd couple of people to draw an image together with, let alone the situation.

Ty for the games pc lobby.

Oh. Well that's disappointing.

> I knew it would happen
> failed the throw tech anyway
damn you hands.

Of course a brainlet such as myself would miss the obvious, haha.

Attached: 1550418491870.jpg (1024x1024, 98K)

ah, i should've realized.

Attached: Wagner gets into EVO.png (377x406, 47K)

ggs

thanks for the games psn lobby, first time using it, was very fun!!!

Hope you stop on by more, GGs

ggs

Wish I could've fought ya! Next time for sure.

Attached: 1551891020126.jpg (740x700, 62K)

I saw 1 bar

>7f at the end
>drop my basic bitch combo when I had vorpal to finish it into CVO
>somehow hippie is a machine that can still flawlessly finish difficult combos even in this delay
Why on earth is this happening to our connection

Cause it was the regular 5 frames for me

Because uni netcode is some one sided garbo where the person with the faster connection eats more stuttering and delay.

GGs PC dudes. I have a shit ton of things to do tomorrow so I can't stick around into the morning. A pleasure as always.

Attached: 1529231430123.jpg (409x539, 100K)

Yeah, used to be our connection would almost never go above 5f for me even if there were awful lag stutters and slowdowns at times, but now it's always 6f. That 7f was a new one for me, never seen that in a match with you before.

Nah bitch

must be nice having a reversal.

I had my revengeance lap tonight so I might sit out for tonight. Will get on tomorrow with a restarted router.
Might be just shit week for March coming early since there's some noticeably bad connections than usual.

Manage that meter and CS

Ah soo close! Haha, fun match!

My internet and UNI netcode seem to have the deepest grudge known to man, feels like I experience all these weird issues with isolated individual people while my other matches are fine, and it just rotates the person and the issue involved every now and then.

half the time when i try to CS on wakeup or in neutral i just get counter hit for some reason instead.

>100%'d 3 character missions
Feels good
Too bad I forget everything and turn into a retard once I actually face someone.

ggs

I know that feel. I've 100%'d Eltinum and Nanase, but if i tried to use either in a game right now i'd probably look like somebody who doesn't even know which button is jump.

It's definitely something that gets easier the more you do it.

Dumb question, any way to set a lobby to not affect colors? I have a few friends who might pick up the game in the upcoming sale, and a couple of them are a bit fragile about stupid irrelevant shit like that. Would rather not deal with "you stole my color" shit again like I've seen them do in other Arcsys style systems.

Finally i get to fight merk.

Attached: Phonon smirk.jpg (500x800, 57K)

Nope.
PUT YOUR PRIDE ON THE LINE

At least you aren't like me and can do most of Vatista's missions near perfectly, but then drop the combos before I even get to the holding part in real matches.

You won't gain or lose rank if you're different colors, so there's that.

not anymore you don't fix your connection.

Let them deal with the fact that they might never move on from their color like myself.

ForeverBlue. The game should speak for itself depending on how they receive it positively or not.

Guess I'll just beat the fragility out of the lads. Thanks!

At least it aint like BBTAG where your W/L ratio is publicly displayed for both ranked and player matches.

I'm done for the night PC boys, someone else rehost. I've been playing pretty bad recently, but at least I got to try my whiff combo exactly once and fail... and another thing or two once or twice as well.

Attached: e52eba64cf674345fa60aa31d13a9f48523ed23667094b0c9392807de1319b8f.png (487x594, 409K)

thanks pc bros

Blue is a nice color at least. Light blue square is where it's at.

ggs pc bros

How many people were in the PC lobby, out of curiosity. They seem to be more active these days.

Most of the newer people seem to be PC

Wake up DPs are my bane in this game! Well done Mag haha or at least I think I'd consider that a wakeup DP play.

PC dead or no?

ggs man. I only started playing in these lobbies recently but I've loved fighting your Yuzu. A nice change of pace from all the Wagners I used to run into joining public lobbies

I've been playing Yuzu for a year and a half and I've never 100% her mission mode that VO mission is annoying even though I know what to do the delay timing is annoying.

?? i had 3 frames consistently for the whole match.

>awareness to do new routes
there
>ability to do new routes consistently
not there

also Dia is playing pretty nice tonight

Attached: isntitsad.jpg (239x211, 12K)

Bleh I can't blockstring for shit right now

I take it the PC lobby is down then
Anybody want another?

I can't block for shit or dashblock tonight.

Gonna go 1 more since I made another promise to another buddy to play another game but thanks ahead of time for all the new knowledge and learning experiences.

Will definitely try to stick around longer tomorrow. GGs!

Attached: 1551235572439.png (640x640, 383K)

I really need to go into training mode and get used to Merkava's hurtbox. Kept whiffing 2bs and I remember missing throws last night.
I need to practic coverting off long range pokes a bit too. Been dropping those a lot.

Merkava's crouch rivaling small character's hitboxes' like Linne astound me.

Merkava's crouch hitbox is thick, it's his collision box which is tiny

>Collision box
That's the word I'm looking for.

>all these weird drops and random unintentional gaps in pressure for no reason
Man I don't know what's wrong with me tonight

It's Monday night so I'm going to close it after my circuit. I feel like I need to take a lesson in patience again.

Attached: DFgkPKVVYAIbwjl.jpg orig.jpg (507x703, 47K)

Just started playing a couple days ago. So far I've learned a couple nanase combos but I'm ass. I have 1 win out of 12 matches

GGs everyone. I had some really good luck tonight. If i could intentionally drop combos to get resets like i was accidentally getting in some matches tonight, It'd be crazy how scary i'd be.

Attached: Phonon 3C you later.jpg (1024x822, 83K)

Guess DMC5 weekend really just sent my wild side a flowing. GGs everyone, I need to rebuild some patience.

>So far I've learned a couple nanase combos but I'm ass. I have 1 win out of 12 matches
We all start somewhere.

ggs everyone, I played really terrible tonight and I'm not quite sure why. Probably just an off night. I might also try replacing my controller even though nothing seems wrong with it because I've been using it a full year.

Of course the time i stop playing with Yea Forums i do good. One day I'll be able to actually stand a chance against people who are good

>best way to tell where Merkava's standing hitbox is to stare at his thighs

ggs, rough day today for me with lots of sloppy inputs and bad decisions but I'll be better next time

Attached: DhHCJjeW0AEHhuQ.jpg (600x800, 115K)

Welcome to the club user. I'm 1-5 right now and only got that 1 by mashing like a retard because I forgot everything.
I think there are a small bunch of scrubs like us who started after the evo announcement. We should start making a beginner lobby one of these days.

The PC lobbies seem to be mostly beginners. The PSN lobbies seem to be pretty full too, so I'm sure you'll have enough if you wanted to split off to a new lobby there too.

In about 30-40 minutes I can start a beginners lobby, what platform do you guys play on?

I play on PS4. It's pretty late though. Almost 1AM on the West Coast and I just got done playing for several hours. I'll probably be playing a lot tomorrow.

Alright, sounds like a plan broski. I'll announce a beginner lobby when I make it then.