Harvest power from hell

>Harvest power from hell
>So fucking dangerous that the computers are programmed to respond to demonic invasions
>Relies on ridiculously expensive and dangerous piece of technology that literally rips open a portal to hell if someone looks at it wrong
>Still convinced there is no other way even after demons slaughter his entire staff and almost take over the world
Why didn't he just build some solar collectors around the sun and transmit power back to Earth via lasers?

Attached: doom__2016____samuel_hayden_by_kingbamus-da6629h.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

>Samuel Hayden
>Sam Hayden.
>S. Hayden
>Sayden
>Satan
You're welcome.

lasers diffuse over distance.

laser fired from earth is about 600km or more diameter when it reached moon

Makes sense. Both figures have humanity's best interest at heart despite the impotent rage of deus vulting cucks like zoomslayer.

He stopped being human and the machine intelligence went evil. Probably 50/50

They can open portals to hell and have casual interstellar travel. I'm sure they can come up with a better energy delivery system.

Attached: 1545279748047.jpg (512x449, 88K)

This. Stopped giving a shit about humanity and instead wanted limitless power.

It's the other way around. The full AI in the game was completely benevolent, because machines do not have original sin like men. Hayden only fell because he chose to keep his humanity intact by not replacing his frontal lobe along with the rest of his brain.

>failing to understand just how critical the situation on earth is
>thinking scrambling to create a bunch of inefficient solar panels will solve a crisis of this scale
There's no indication that he's lying about how bad the situation is. He's still gonna fuck things up worse by adding a demonic invasion to the equation though.

Why was humanity casual about this?
I don't understand how anyone could actually think this would be a good idea.

The actual demon part of it is probably hidden, and again the crisis is so bad that those who know consider it an acceptable risk.

I'd be ok with it if the entire facilities were run by robots.

But humans actually taking part in this retarded hell power harvesting makes no sense.

>Guys, Dr. Hayden discovered this sick new energy generating method on Mars. It solved the energy crisis!
>neat, how do they do it?
>company secret
other than the people in the Lazarus labs and the executive officers I bet no one knew it was Hell. Probably around 95% of the entire workforce didn't know.

I'm pretty sure it was mostly a front for him to get that sword of some shit. Might as well make a profit while you're at it.
Besides. If I had the option to have the most powerful energy source in existence, but risk some employees, or build a big gay ass solar panel, I'm gonna tap into hell

It's a videogame. The whole joke is that everyone knows.

Attached: tumblr_npo880hIK11uxwruho1_1280.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

If characters in games acted sensibly then we wouldn't have games to play.

What did he even do wrong?

Doomguy is a massive asshole. Hayden is honestly a bit of a prick, but he still has good intentions. And don't give me that bullshit about good intentions and the road to hell, because it's utter nonsense.

Kill millions to SAVE billions. The greater good.

Don't lasers only diffuse over distance in air?
t. genuinely don't know.

Doom Eternal when?

>Samuel Hayden
>Sam Hayden
>Sam Hyde
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Attached: 1480353640004.jpg (233x267, 15K)

Don't even need to go that far. Shaytan is the Muslim devil.

Yes.

Anything that hits any kind of resistance weakens in power over distance. It's the same reason the Sun doen't cook you alive.

They're spread/deflected by any particles, so atmospheres really fuck them over.

In a perfect sterile vacuum they wont diffuse, but space if full of dust and stellar winds and all sorts of shit getting in the way. Not to mention gravity wells distorting your beam and sending it wherever the fuck they want.

They diffuse naturally regardless of if there's a medium or not. Plus space dust, cosmic radiation, and quite a few other things would fuck with it. But the main reason is that yeah, over a distance like that a laser would diffuse to the point of not being workable.

Lasers are really tightly focused, sure. But tightly focused does not mean infinitely tightly focused.

So do we get to smash his head in considering doomguys got the crucible now

Attached: 1536018010623.jpg (1080x1350, 1.62M)

>In a perfect sterile vacuum

Why even mention something which doesn't exist? Quit being a fucking smartass.

We'll never get a sequel to this, will we.

I did like it better when it was portal tech they were developing! Imagine: instant deliveries they just take a quick shortcut through hell.

It doesn't matter. They're wrong anyway. You could have a theoretically perfect environment and a laser beam is still going to spread out over a cosmic distance.

That shit comes out haunted, I don't want it.

As if paying bezobucks for shit made in China is any different except one method takes 2 days to get to you.

The hell sword he has in doom eternal looks different. I think Hayden still has the crucible. Hopefully this means we can have a sword fight with him. I can't wait to see his corrupted form.

Inshallah brother. Inshalllah.

Attached: MuzzieGroyper.jpg (420x420, 36K)

Because future earth is so fucked in the energy and resources aspects that everyone got desperate and thought this one was the last resorts, Hayden is amoral, but he truly thinks he’s doing the right thing for humans, he’s literally the representation of “the road to hell is paved with good intentions”

I’m 100 per cent convinced Hayden was supposed to transform into the spider originally. It makes so much more sense

The one thing I want to know about Eternal is why/how the Argent energy has corrupted the earth so thoroughly that it's just bending over for demonic invasion. Doom reboot inferred that the hell cult was primarily within the UAC base.

Nah, that demon's been a boss in some of the previous games.

he's so fucking cool.

well duh I’m saying it didn’t make a lot of sense for the scientist bitch to turn into a spider

I thought she was vaporized by the energy beam.

I get the feeling that argent energy production was moved to earth after the incident on mars. From the dialogue from the hologram lady, it seems like the UAC was trying to influence the culture to be more accepting of hell. I think the corruption slowly, then all at once.