Have you tried updating your drivers?

>have you tried updating your drivers?

Attached: 1551236058761.png (620x611, 376K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66537
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61265
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

more often than not i have to downgrade my drivers

>le sneed xd

You should never update drivers.

chuck

Works On My Machine™

Jokes on you, something similar worked for me. I had troubles for months trying to run certain mods on my Wii, and after trying everything without success I decided to update the cIOS just because and surprise, it actually worked.
So yes, updating drivers and other software can be a solution.

>edit: nvm fixed it

Attached: pooh.gif (320x287, 982K)

You must not have an Nvidia card.
I have issues all the time with/without the latest drivers.

The worst was probably Dirt Rally, DR1 I had to rollback to an old driver for months or else the game would stutter. DR2 would completely freeze my machine after a couple stages but completely stopped after I got the latest driver.

>It works

Attached: thOADHA0UX.jpg (474x389, 17K)

I hate when that shit happens. You could say it fuck'n sucks.

Attached: formerly.png (546x411, 240K)

Sneed

I don't get it

there's is nothing to get
nothing happened

>update drivers
>game breaks
Not being able to play Mount and Blade for 2 weeks sure was fun.

Uneducated zoomer

Yes, and you call it Sneed's Feed & Seed, despite the fact it's formerly Chuck's

>shadman

>look up error code in Microsoft forums
>every time, the first reply is the "HELLO SIR YES HAVE YOU UPDATED YOUR DRIVERS YES AND RESTARTED YOUR MACHINE YES" copypasta pajeets use
Indian genocide when.

Attached: 1542343894817.jpg (625x437, 85K)

God I wish the Simpsons would just end. I decided to watch some episodes of this season and its just sad.

Ah, Supersneedtendent Chuckmers! I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable fuck and suck!

>hmm, I don't know then. try googling it

>upgrade video drivers
>audio drivers stop working
>have to roll back
Every time. No more.

Attached: 1528994552103.jpg (960x744, 72K)

Unironically good advice.

sent

MODERATOR EDIT: Problem resolved, thread closed.

Attached: 1540832272742.jpg (1152x2048, 253K)

You are not entitled to a solution.

If you currently have a technical problem with a game, post it now. Maybe me or some other user might help.

Attached: 1504065163028.jpg (319x331, 15K)

Nevermind, fixed it.

Every other Nvidia driver would fuck up my overclock.

FUCK

Attached: 1525793059394.png (775x581, 220K)

Nvidia drivers are a fucking nightmare

e-mailing you the fix

Check your DMs. ‘,:^}

Hey that sometimes did work for me

>extra performance
>for free
oy vey

OP: Guys I'm having this problem and I've been trying for 3 hours straight to fix it, please help

OP: nvm fixed it :D

Attached: 1491116061691.jpg (794x793, 56K)

my cpu is high at idle but only reaches 68c under load. I have an aftermarket cooler coming anyway but its vexing me

>game crashes on launch
>devs went bankrupt immediately after game released
>last post on forums was years ago
>community made bugfix mod doesn't work
I'll never play you again, Clockwork Empires

Attached: 1482900439768.jpg (630x472, 90K)

Check your fan curve

I have and the case fans are giving it plenty of cool air too

Nvm fixed

Hello this is microsoft support, have you:
1. installed latest windows 10 updates
2. updated your firewall drivers
3. updated your sound card drivers
4. reinstalled windows

Attached: e020495cc1ad62dbd91749bd0ae035b9.jpg (1119x1696, 123K)

how high?
Idle temps are no real issue even if they're 50c, hell 99% of laptops idle like that

>sure here's the fix right here
>only users can see links
>new users must be approved by moderators
>link is dead anyway

>formally uninstalling then installing them again

52c on a chip that's usually 28-32. I don't like my pc having to be noisy to keep it down, but it should be fine once I get the new cooler

ITT: Remake classic Simpsons episodes into modern-style ones.

>You Only Move Twice (Al Jean era)

>Homer gets a new job at the Mapple corporation, requiring the family to move to Cypress Creek, California. Marge is enraged by the idea and she and Homer separate. Homer meets his new boss, Hank Scorpio (voiced by Seth MacFarlane in his Stewie voice), who is quickly revealed to be an international supervillain intent on killing the world's lemur population and using their skinned pelts as MyPhone cases.

>Meanwhile, Marge learns all about lemurs from the new zookeeper Ricky Zuckercorn (voiced by Elon Musk) and starts running a lemur shelter. Homer finds out about Scorpio's plan and stops his giant Lemur Mech just before it destroys Marge's shelter. Marge and Homer reconcile and they move back home.

>Subplot: Lisa becomes obsessed with Twilight and Bart makes fun of her, until she finds out he's secretly obsessed with it, too. They argue over who's better, Team Edward or Team Jacob.

I can’t get swtor to work widescreen or in high resolutions. I’ve followed every guide I’ve seen online. Installed a bunch of shit and still can’t get it to work. Only game I’ve never been able to enjoy thanks to how bad it runs on modern hardware.

Thats totally fine
i run my system 24/7 and it idles around 50c, though thats because the fan is at 20% until it hits 55c

but what if.. I were to post sneed abd disguise it as a comfy simpsons thread?
hohoho delightfully devilish seymour

it jumps to 58-62 as soon as I open a browser though which isn't normal

>not my thread but I'm having the same issue pls help i have tried everything has anyone found a fix?

>Reinstall your windows bro
>Is it your anti-virus software?

Attached: 1530071042066.jpg (598x347, 76K)

This, I often wait a month and look out for any horror stories about the latest drivers before I dare install them. I'm currently several builds behind and am wondering whether the latest drivers will be an improvement or catastrophe for DMC5.

Sorry but that plot seems to coherent with scenes occurring because others did.

I'm trying to run fallout 3 on windows 10 but it keeps crashing on startup, when i enter cells, when I leave cells, when I initiate dialogue, when I fire my gun, when I activate anything, when I walking, when I breath, when I've been standing still for too long, and when I try to leave the game. Any tips on how to get it running?

Might be thermal paste
what cpu and what cooler?

>hmm... can you upload your dxdiag?

Look up a guide on how to setup Tales of Two Wastelands. It runs FO3 in NV's engine which tends to fix a lot of people's problems.

I cant get the sims 4 to run right. Everytime I luunch the game it closes automatically.

>installed Lost Planet after a few years for a good old romp
>GFWL busted it

Attached: 1838413293.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>did you put the files in the right folder?

Attached: 1552323715484.png (500x503, 347K)

Oh yeah, but then mods won't work right?

>be 2 years ago
>couldn't figure out why my drivers wouldn't install for my new GPU
>call tech support
>guy tells me it's because I'm running windows 8.1
>tells me to "update from that ancient operating system and maybe it will work"
>eventually figure out it was because of my integrated card interfering with the automatic driver installation
why are tech support niggers so retarded?

mods still work as long as they're made for NV, which to be honest has much better mods made for it.

elitism and a desire for high post counts and upvotes

>Clockwork Empires
He said tech support you fucking mouthbreather.

ive included the steps to fix as followed

[img]DEAD yfrog LINK[/img]

Thanks for reminding me how it's a pain in the ass to play Rogue Squadron on a modern resolution even on the GoG version.

Attached: 1321414675365.jpg (544x400, 19K)

I just want to run F:NV at 60 FPS. I can reach barely 50 and combat makes it 20 FPS.

Yes I tried all the mod fixes, and yes I avoided stutter remover since that's bugged. I have the GOG version

Stutter remover isn't bugged, use it.

even with it, its still fucked. my fucking PC can run PUBG on max without problems while other people with potato laptops can run F:NV with 100+ mods at 120 FPS

>uninstalled Ethernet driver somehow
>spend 4 hours thinking I fucked up and trying to find out how to reinstall drivers when all I had to do was show hidden drivers to find it

Attached: 1506820763521.jpg (4500x4334, 1003K)

The stutter remover needs tweaks to get it to work right. Apparently somebody did the work for you nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66537
This one fixes some things too but is relatively unknown nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61265
I'm assuming you're playing vanilla because mods are a whole different story.

See the attached image for the file you have to rename :)

Attached: Photobucket_file1.png (240x241, 94K)

besides fixes, I have 10 mods installed. What should I do?

List the mods, all of them. Did you do any ini tweaks? The game engine is pretty fucked so bad single core performance will mean bad performance for these kinds of games. But we need to see what you did beforehand. In what areas of the game do you get drops?

Good work user
See you in few weeks after Hiro apologizes to chinese overlords

>fix is posted in a .jpg
>click on it to view
>You need a forum account to view images

Attached: 1549280429534.jpg (229x343, 21K)

DMC5 ran like shit until I updated mine.
Last update was around 2016.

You guys are unironically retarded for being such contrarians you consider something as essential as a driver update as a problem.

>upgrade drivers
>screen goes green every now and then
>coil whir up the ass

Attached: denzel.jpg (600x600, 56K)

>fix was posted as a .jpg
>on photobucket
>it's gone now

>restart computer
>it works

why the fuck does company of heroes run like dogshit
i have a fucking 3570k and a 1070 Ti there's no fucking reason why this game runs like shit

>be consolefag
>it just works

Fuckin gook moot

I wonder if there are really people who reformat their computer every time they run into the littlest issues

Attached: 1521871689787.gif (360x360, 1.72M)

There's a bug where it caps its own framerate at 15 or something. Google it, or just add -refresh 60 to the launch options. The Steam version has all kinds of new bugs that weren't present in the old game.

listen up you stupid faggot, you should never upgrade your drivers until you need to (game doesn't work or runs like shit)
quit acting like there are never any regressions in drivers, they can't possibly test every game with each driver iteration on each hardware configuration

I was gonna list you the mods but I went and installed that new NVSR and tried playing and it fucking worked holy shit. I mean its 50 FPS but its miles better than 20 FPS in combat

Thanks man. Last time I had a well-running NV run was 4 years ago on a vista

Attached: 1543551915915.png (944x937, 1.6M)

>"I'm having ____ problem"
>20 additional posts in the thread saying "I have the same problem as well"
>no one posts a solution

Attached: what if.jpg (640x480, 140K)

>reformat

bitch please, I run DBAN twice

Thanks lad, this shit was really pissing me off.
Would it be any trouble to up that refresh rate higher? I got a 144hz monitor, so I'd probably set it 72 or so.

Go for it, I have mine set to 120.

>omg i found the solution check this link!
>thanks! this works!
>omg thank you
>yessss i've been agonising over this for weeks!

>check link
>404

Question to answer in one minute 34 seconds. Love you guys.

Yeah, I had a feeling. If there's anything I pride myself on, it's wasting a decade of my life modding this decrepit engine and fixing its issues.

Cool! Thanks my dude, I still want to finish the DoW1 expansions first, but I can start downloading CoH now.

>Wi-fi drops connection every 10 minutes or so
>Delete Killer Networking application
>Fixed

Who keeps hiring those guys?

god bless you user

>Haven't updated drivers in months
>Decide to update them
>CPU dies
I said I was going to roll with it until the bitter end, but I didn't think I would be the one to put the final nail in

Attached: 1549835543997.jpg (500x318, 31K)

got looping blue screens from atikmpag.sys crashing

ended up being an overheating PSU

The only stupid fag here is you since youre unironically advocating to neuter performance of your PC for the possibility that maybe "something" will go wrong if you did an update.

>problem with google product
>find forum thread with a guy with the same problem
>every post is "i hate this too, pls fix"
>the one customer service reply is just utter bullshit that has nothing to do with anything

>play game on windows 10
>have to run it in xp compatibility mode, install a fix, and even then it runs slow and crashes a lot
>play same game on windows 7
>it just works

Attached: 1517857788186.png (676x557, 198K)

>EDIT: Thanks [user] for pm'ing me the fix!

lost planet still works you dingus

>haha thanks that fixed my problem
>locked
>account inactive for 6 years

shut the fuck up you retard, quit acting like driver developers are gods

That's Skinner, you donut

>Just apply this crack, turn off your antivirus, and run it in administrator mode, it's a false positive, just ignore it haha

Attached: 1548627064803.png (451x458, 93K)

csgo randomly gets weird physical spikes in performance where the game just kind of hiccups for a few frames causing me to die. random frequencies of it happening alot, or not. its not due to anything like gameplay like alot of models on screen or anything, it just happens. this only started today.

>run the game as admin
>problem goes away

>game crashing constantly
>look up a fix online
>plug something into your headphone jack
>it works

Attached: 1449645638571.jpg (680x848, 40K)

remember when piracy was so innocent you had barely a thing to worry about?

wasn't that cod4

it was

>game stutters all the time
>plug in a controller, it just works lmao
>it actually does

>game is sold on steam
>is literally unplayable unless you force your computer to be limited to 2GB of RAM

Attached: 1276665432721.jpg (387x362, 27K)

Lol @ amd niggas

No, there was always an element of risk. Sure, your favourite site with cracks and whatnot may have checked if something's legit. But if what you're looking for isn't there? Good fucking luck having to download a file.zip.exe with 20 parts.
Unless you mean like first half of 90s, I wasn't there.

>limewire
>innocent

apus get increased performance with new drivers.

>games microstutter randomly
>lol just use a ssd
>it works
Fucking dmc5 and its streaming loadtimes

these every time

nigger, i'm not running an apu

Whoa that girl REALLY took donkey cock well. I didn't know Nirvana had such crazy music videos.

fixed even on games that aren't on the ssd?

>barely a thing to worry about
>install bearshare
>tr/virtumonde.exe

So has anyone heard any horror stories about the 419.35 Nvidia drivers?

Attached: 1536285379453.gif (260x260, 2.01M)

>you have to disable your antivirus to make it work

Attached: NhK.jpg (299x168, 5K)

look into .ini tweaks because the engine sucks ass and can’t run properly on win 10 without some tinkering. also if you’re playing modded use LOOT to properly sort your load order

Matt Greoning is a big DBZ fan and was making a joke about Tien's relevancy after Cell.

I'll never recover from the heartbreak.

>>have you tried updating your drivers?

This is the full extent of Dell support but in an Indian accent you can't understand

lol

Software updates always come with some level of risk. It is inherent and universal, only varying in extremeties and likelihoods. Even as a relatively uninformed consumer you should understand this. Stop being stupid.

FF13?

>your intel drivers were last updated 1340 days ago
>go to site
>sorry your system does not meet requirements for this version

yeah

sounds like your computer is reaching a high temperature and slowing itself down at intervals to compenstate. Check for dust maybe.

t. had a similiar problem and it turned out to be dust

>try to play a game from 1999
>not compatible for windows 7/8/10
God DAMN IT

Attached: 1532319025365.jpg (223x226, 11K)

>first post is from some 100K+ karma faggot asking OP for his PC specs
>"well dude clearly your PC isn't calibrated right you have to enter BIOS when the stars align and perform a voodoo dance and maybe it'll work"
>the problem was literally just a missing .dll file

Attached: not funi.jpg (512x384, 37K)

if youre putting on a new cooler anyway, you should just take a few extra steps to delid, assuming its an intel

That's a weird looking anteater.

>"i'm having a problem, this game runs at 5 FPS"
>dude asks for PC specs
>the guy with the problem posts the most average PC build possible that should be able to run the game at 100 fps
>"ah you need a better GPU i think"

Attached: i-WxjDs2x-L.jpg (800x401, 156K)

fucking gta 4, of all things

Why would anyone even bother with the headache of PC gaming? I have more of a stress free time on my 3DS

The fuck?

>Have an AMD graphic card
>Never update my drivers once in 6 years
>Never have a problem with any game
>Switch to an Nvidia card
>If I don't update every time a new driver comes out half my games shit themselves

How do I stop Deadly Premonition from crashing?

Attached: original_result.png (512x512, 486K)

>spend two hours rolling back and updating sound drivers trying to get any audio to work
>just had to unplug and replug my monitors power cable(power cycling didnt work)

>The fix is in a download link
>its an MEGAUPLOAD link
Sometime, I think those people that say that things in the internet last forever are dumb.

Have you tried:
>reinstalling the game
>reinstalling Steam
>reinstalling Windows

Attached: 1551102082831.png (710x716, 511K)

>dad turned into one of those faggots recently
>does nothing but rage at the family PC because some third-party program doesn't draw him a fancy graph with constant 999+ FPS
>keeps messing with the computer's internal settings and reinstalling games and drivers over and over and over again
>already murdered his GPU, HDD and Windows
>now demands that I buy a new power supply unit because some Youtube video told him THAT was the reason his drivers from totallynotfishy.ru keep BSODing the poor PC
How do I make it stop, Yea Forums? I can't fucking take it anymore

Attached: 146235189486.jpg (640x480, 23K)

apparently they couldnt imagine a future in which computers would have more than 2GB RAM. probably has something to do with it trying to detect specs for recommended settings or something, and they just fucked it up as hard as they could

>Never use HDMI
>Always plug audio into jack
>Update AMD driver
>Manual update, never express
>Uncheck HDMI audio portion
>No issues whatsoever

Can't run Liberation Day (Fallen Haven 2). The game requires MS Office 98 to work.

Lets go deeper
>first post is a forumite faggot with +100k post count
>everyone circlejerk the faggot instead of answering your question

What is there to get? Its just a normal square. Continue walking, citizen.

gta 4 came out during the time when every publisher in the world figured PC players were just asshole pirates and thus good ports weren't worth the time. i think it mostly changed with the advent of steam when publishers realized that people mostly pirate because it's more convenient

>always install the newest drivers right when they are offered
>never had any real problems
Feels good being a lucky fuck.

Attached: 3a5.jpg (1280x800, 270K)

Have you tried buying a new computer?

Newer drivers were legitimately a problem with Monster Hunter World at some point.

this guys partially right, except for the "never" part. You can always downgrade if you have to. But I usually just manually check every couple of months because one thing you should never do is install Geforce Experience, unless you need to gamestream to a shield or use moonlight.

>computer randomly starts shitting itself
>did you run it in safe mode?
>are your parts compatible?
>did you plug in your RAM properly
>etc etc

99% of sites assume you're some moron 10 year old putting his first computer together and not that your computer should and has been working fine and then randomly stopped working for some reason.
They also recommend the most basic bitch fixes as if all of those wouldn't be the first thing I'd try before inflicting internet tech "support" on myself.

Attached: 1534179500936.png (428x434, 245K)

Because most people who use computers have no idea how they work at all.

>install newest drivers
>system crashes daily
>roll back
>system stability ever since

Yup, never gonna update.

>play game from 1998
>no issues works perfectly

>A: man i have this problem nothing is working
>B: maybe your graphics card is broken maybe get a new one?
>A: i installed the new graphics card but its still having problems
>B: haha sorry i guess that wasnt it

Attached: 1446341117046.jpg (400x386, 25K)

Coil whine is the most disgusting shit ever and the worst thing is, that it's basically luck thing whether you get a good GPU or not.

>"have you tried restarting your PC?"
>try it as a last resort
>it actually works

Attached: confused engie.png (900x850, 498K)

>Never use HDMI
>Can't use 7.1 anymore
No.

>people say this game have shitty PC port
>70 hours in, not a single crash and super stable 60 fps

Attached: 1492104790287.png (262x274, 91K)

>leaves negative review of game because of some esoteric technical problem
>nothing about the gameplay

Jesus Christ, please tell me this isn't true

>dead PC
>take CMOS battery out and put it back in
>it just works
I am not joking.

>had a problem with gta v which made it refuse to use more than 2 gb of ram, causing horrible stutter after playing for more than half an hour
>spent months testing different virtual memory settings and fiddling with programs like tuneup utilities and cacheboost
>what worked at long fucking last was updating my graphics card drivers

always try the simple solutions first folks

Attached: diddly.gif (367x284, 332K)

shut the fuck up retard, Nvidia is fucking clueless as shit and breaks some shit with almost every driver update they do
fucking hell they even managed to make cards explode with driver updates