Why the hell does the Xbox even exist anymore...

Why the hell does the Xbox even exist anymore? The Xbox One is literally a worthless console and the One X did nothing more than reveal the hypocrisy of console wars, as the XB1 hasn't won a single NPD since 2016.

It's a platform with no exclusives. It doesn't even have good first party games. There are even rumors of Xbox games coming to the Switch and PS4, all while Phil Spencer keeps talking about how he wants Xbox games on "everything."

Attached: make xbox great again.jpg (650x497, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QflHRLW0Tz8
youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ5vXH5yb4
youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I guess they never really managed to recover from the Kinect era

To keep Sony in check. And they did a horrible job given how Sony’s back to their smug PS3 launch era attitude.

Mad about the PS5 specs leak?

Right on cue. Also this

Attached: 1550863875494.png (1270x1981, 230K)

It has the best ui and controller. I hate using my ps4 because the ui is heated shit in comparison. Most exclusive games are trash anyway

drones that will buy it regardless because it says xbox

>It has the best ui
Shut the fuck up
i own and like the xbox one but any UI which can fucking lag is the fucking worst
it is so bad
please bring back blades

ahh but you see thats the trap. now the nintindiebox74 is going to end sony next gen because sony is going to go full retard

>best ui

Why do xbots think this? The xbox UI is garbage filled with ads and pointless shit. The PS4 has way better UI that you can organize and it's clean. There's also themes that change up everything including background music. Jesus xbots will eat up any garbage, such shit taste.

honestly the xbox ui is pretty bad. but the fucking ps4 ui is like dragging your balls through broken glass for 3 miles

this the better Sony does the more they turn into Supreme dictators.

ps4 ui is soulless af and feels sterile. Xbox ui is pretty good and the community features make playstation look like a prehistoric artifact

I own a One X and i can 100% tell you that the UI is fucking awful. When it's not laggy and constantly crashing apps it's decent at best. Though the PS4 UI looks dated as shit. This is why i switched to PC

No joke my switch UI runs and looks better than both PS4/Xbone

>soulless
In other words you're a dumb drone, yikes. Sharing gameplay on a feed is genuinely nice though.

Because there are still millions of people who could. give a fuck less about weeb-shit and cine-shit, and spend way more time on 3rd party games. I even own a PS4 and its fucking worthless to me because all their exclusives are trash and all the multiplats run better on my X.

Xboxes have always felt cheap and plasticky to me, like they're what a GAMER would buy to go along with their Monster and Turtle Beach headset and shit. PS4 is more casual and multimedia friendly.

>thinking a hardware company is going to beat a software company in UI design

Don't confuse being used to an interface for it being well designed.

Is it a coincidence that the entire Xbox division went to total shit after he left M$?

Attached: Peter_Moore_at_Xbox_Cup_2006.jpg (1060x1056, 390K)

>a UI that is basically just a couple of sub menus isolated into their own instance on a grey or white background running better than a UI that can be set up with folders and animated themes

Attached: yeah.jpg (540x506, 19K)

To provide entertainment

They never recovered from that reveal presentation
it killed the Xbox 1

I can 100% tell you that you're full of shit.

Why wouldn't I just play on pc if I only cared third party titles?

Atleast the xbox doesn't crash when ever I navigate the fucking menu. Piece of shit ps4 is a goddam chore to just get to the store

playstation controller is about as bad as it gets
although i believe they have a new premium controller that apes the xbox controller, so that might be moot

Amerifats are the only ones who buy it, it's people who went to the 360 after the PS2 when PS3 wasn't the next blow up it should have been and then most of those people went to PS4 but some still went to Xbox One
If the Xbox One had launched in the state its in now, it probably would have been ok but Microsoft has lost all identity for its console
Halo and Gears have long fallen from their loft 2007 heights of popularity
Forza is ok but thats hardly a system seller and MS buying studios doesn't mean shit if no one cares or wants to buy their console to play those games, and no matter how many gems they attempt to pump out, look at Rareware, the husk of what once was, I rest my fucking case
The original Xbox was the best Xbox, great console with unique features, amazing library of exclusives that at least gave it an identity and then 360 came and while this looked like it was going to carry over, 360 became the box everyone went to because, as said above, PS3 bombed hard at first so 3rd party devs started multiplatting everything, then CoD and other massive 3rd parties blew up along with indies and in the process Xbox kind of lost its identity
Meanwhile PS4 bounced back and people went back and then Xbox was just identityless and remains that way
Idk if they should quit the console game but I, an idort have never once wanted an Xbone and still don't

ahem...

Microsoft E3 2019
>Xbox Scarlet, two new consoles in same style of Xbox One S and Xbox One X.
>Xbox Scarlet games playing natively on PC
>Many BC titles on PC including Xbox One, Xbox 360, and OG Xbox, expected to launch October 2019
>Xbox Scarlet game development will allow games to be sold on Xbox One/PC at discretion of publishers
>Xbox Game Pass expanded - day 1 first party/second party games, third party AAA games a couple months after launch, indie games all the time
>More studios acquired, expect at least 3 announcements
>Xcloud detailed, stream from your xbox console to your Windows/iOS/Android device. Microsoft will eventually offer subscription streaming from Microsoft Azure.
>Play Anywhere now applies to everything. If you own it digitally, download it to your Xbox or PC, or stream it to your Windows, iOS, Android device.
>Xbox Live Gold will continue to offer the best complimentary games for subscribers each month
>New Xbox controller variations. Standard, Elite, and Hybrid
>Halo Infinite
>Gears 5
>Fable RPG
>Ori and the Will of the Wisps
>Cyberpunk 2077
>Rocksteady DC game
>Harry Potter RPG
>Battletoads
>Killer Instinct
>More than 30 games shown off

Meanwhile at Sony E3 2019
>*crickets*

People always cite E3 2013 as the moment it all went to hell, but in reality the problem started several years earlier when Peter Moore left and was replaced with Don Mattrick. Going all-in with Kinect at the expense of actual games basically dealt a blow to the brand that they've never recovered from.

youtube.com/watch?v=QflHRLW0Tz8

Sure you aren't talking about PS3?
PS4 has one of the smoothest UI out there. Most all console/handheld UI are decent now imo

>xbox live gold
The biggest cancer to ever spread across the industry
Paying for console online is a fucking scam. MMO's are the only games in 2019 where a sub fee is necessary/logical to keep up game quality because of 24/7 server usage

Based

This, 360 was blowing up until about 2010/11
Not just because of CoD but because, even though PS3 was slowly becoming popular, it never recovered like how Xbox One hasn't this gen, but, even with PS Move, Kinect was so far off the mark in terms of copying the motion control fad the Wii had started and that shit barely even worked, but the money poured into that tech was probably a fuck ton, so that makes perfect sense, them coming to 2013 with the TVTVTV conference and the Kinect 2 (remember that was bundled with original Xbox Ones) was just the icing on the cake by then

In just a few years we went from

youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ5vXH5yb4

to

youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

Explain this, Microshills!

Attached: Microsoft Customer Support.webm (404x720, 2.94M)

>Kinect Sports was originally supposed to be more complex. Gavin Price said: "But I remember at some point, the feedback came down from Don Mattrick I believe, and it was: 'No, just give us Wii Sports with Kinect.'"

Kinect was bad, but always online was worse

That song is pretty damn catchy though

They need exclusives. One is a dud, and Kinect 2: the Streamening won't help them.

>people actually thought sony was on their side
Sony might as well run for president.

Attached: 1337574422937.jpg (877x509, 147K)

I don’t see this as a problem, now Sony can finally die off next gen.

Poor, poor Rareware
Hearing all those dev commentary tracks and interviews over the years from the ex staffers about how the MS days were just dreck just hurts, Yooka Laylee wasn't perfect but they always seemed like chill dudes with good ideas
Hopefully whatever Playtonic makes next is something big and original/up a notch from yooka

The ads are shameless. Can't MS at least keep their contempt for the customer off the home page?

Do you really need anything else? All I need is a simple way to select the game I want to play.

Nintendo going full retard is going to beat sony's full retard?

You know they've been holding on porting their crossplatform library, the whole damn collection, in their back pocket this whole time right? y'know The HD remake's have been INCREDIBLY cheap productions Sony put forward to scale the market and returns of their classics right? YOUNO The entirety of the playstation now engine was made to fuse emulation's of different infostructures right?

You understand that playstation is still fucking pissed off about the vita right?

>6 words

PORTABLE WITH THE WORLDS LARGEST LIBRARY

I don't want to spoil the legal loophole that lets them do this, its really fucking funny, but they're pretty much starting a war by doing it, and you have to join their side because of the oppositions they're inherently going to create.

Attached: thought.png (215x276, 101K)

get your head out of your ass its just the touch screen that makes you enjoy the user interface.

It continues to exist because dudebros play on it. It is or was the console of the NFL.

is that a grill or boi

they're thinking about it themselves.

legend

Microsoft reflects 1980s American business culture: the production and sales of physical products are less important than the promotion of image and the speculation of stock. So as long as shareholders are happy with the Xbox brand, and it is a brand that sticks in the public imagination then Xbox will stay around. Rationalization is an inherent part of this culture: why spend the capital to produce physical consoles and games when you can generate the same revenues through delivering games via the internet? Hence why Xbox is moving towards a games service provider model (Xbox game pass, ending exclusivity) rather than console producer model. As long as the brand Xbox sticks in people's mind, no matter whether an Xbox is a physical console or an online service, Microsoft will keep it as a division, because it is something marketable that they can show to their major shareholders at board meetings and keep their share price high.

Attached: ThatGuy.jpg (941x760, 50K)

I've owned all Xbox consoles and enjoyed the first two. I gotta admit, this time around it's mainly because my friends all have an X1 as well. I'm really hopeful for next gen, because otherwise I may have to jump ship, and I can really only afford one console. I would build another PC but getting my bros to actually consistently get on PC is a pain in the ass.

They've made a lot of good strides. One of the reasons I bought an X1 is because I picked up a PS3 after having a 360 for a few years, and the online was just god awful. Like, all this shit I took for granted. Maybe PS4 has improved in this regard since you have to pay for it now, don't know.

X1 has some neat ideas, some bells and whistles. They've bought all those game studios. All this BC is great. But in the end, if you don't have games, you're shit out of luck. They'd better bring the games. I loved Halo, but 343i fucking sucks and they've run a great franchise into the ground. Never big on Gears. I wish they hadn't cancelled Scalebound.

I don't know. I feel like Mattrick really, really shit the bed this gen. The reason I didn't grab an X1 at launch is because I have not and will not ever be interested in motion control gimmickry. It fucking sucks and is patently inferior to just pushing a button. Thankfully they ditched the 100 dollar brick. This gen is a wash for them no doubt. Hopefully Phil can at least swing for the fences next gen.

This generation of consoles was awful. Extremely underpowered hardware, the CPUs were literally designed for tablets but were so bad no one used them in mobile devices. Most of the downsides of PCs, buggy games that need patches, crashes and glitches. Both console and PC gaming are in a pretty bad state, nvidia monopoly is driving PC costs outrageously high and they actively sabotage performance to sell GPUs. Windows 10 is a dumpster fire, devs refuse to use vulkan instead of dx11.

or you can hope crossplatform playing is becoming more of a thing and u cna just play on whatever platform with your friends (maybe beside sony since it doesn't look like they care much about it)