Is it any good?

Is it any good?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_XenobladeChronicles2_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 399K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9psbj2BU7JI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you actually don't know, I'll give you my opinion and say that I loved it. It's a very solid 'big JRPG' that kind of brings me back to the mid 2000s when 3D JRPGs were being pumped out like crazy. The gameplay takes awhile to get going, the characters are all likable IMO, and the overall story is good. If you're looking for something to keep you entertained on your switch and you love RPGs and long stories, I'd recommend it.

no it's the worst xenoblade

This

this, OST and settings are top tier

It's a fantastic game. It has a lot of very "anime" elements to it which may serve as a deterrent if that isn't your thing. Underneath that is something truly great. Give it a shot, or don't. It's whatever. The rest of the thread will now proceed to argue back and forth over why it's shit or why it's great because Yea Forums only thinks in black and white. Have a good one, OP.

It's a great JRPG, an objective improvement in almost every aspect to the previous games, if you like the genre go for it. Probably along with P5 the best JRPG this gen.

Yeah, it's really good

It's trash
XC1 is still better to this day

X > 2 > 1

It's my favorite game on the Switch, check a review if you're still unsure. Gamexplain's one is probably the best and most informative one: youtube.com/watch?v=9psbj2BU7JI

Is tactical or strategic at all or just "hit attack, heal, done"?

It's an alright game with a lot of horrible design decisions. The worst being the gacha shit and Rex's design and VA. It's nowhere near as good as the first game was.

Attached: 1552282855398.jpg (640x400, 90K)

Yes, in the harder fight or depending on how you set up your party. The combat also becomes much more fast and involved the more you progress through the game.

>removed town affinity charts and citizens having their own relationships and quests to improve them
>no armor
>armor skills locked into two slots
>no gem crafting to customize the effecty you want and get rid of unwanted effects
>field effects such as runnung speed cant be crafted anymore and is now locked behing buying out shops(???) that doesnt even tell you what you get so you randomly have to buy out shops hoping you get the effect you want or look it up online
>can't attack while moving in combat
>shitty mmo-like timed meals that most people even forgot existed in the game
>gacha shit that may lock players out of characters/quests in their whole playthrough
>shitty timed merc missions that dont even count time spent not playing the game
>shitty world design
>stupid moeshit

What other things did this game get wrong?

The "gacha shit" (getting random Blades from most core crystals) is a good system to make each playthrugh unique when the game gives you a pool of like 80 different possible blades to obtain, and it's a non issue for completionists because you will be swimming in cores in the post game and probably have a surplus of 50+ legendaries the moment you finish everything outside of NG+.

I doubt someone will ever bother to read this whole copy paste.

>is a good system

Stopped reading. You XBC2DF faggots really will defend literally any aspect of this fucking game.

Cool ad hominem.

This is objectively true.

>completionists

Of course a fucking autist would literally defend offline gacha.

It's decent, but a step down from the first game in many areas. The combat is the worst in the series, with basically every fight in the base game playing pretty much the same. The regular enemies have enough health to be tedious to fight repeatably, while the bosses' overreliance on rage thresholds means that you either nuke the boss down with a chain attack, be overleveled enough to ignore the rage effect, or have your entire party oneshotted by some ridiculous aoe attack. Choosing which arts to improve and use for both yourself and the AI has lost all of its depth because now the only effects arts have is more damage in X situation, advance driver combo, or healing. Aside from graphics, the only area where I feel 2 is better than 1 is in sidequests which are slightly less terrible this time. Otherwise I feel it's a step back from the first game in every way and not worth getting over other rpgs. The first Xenoblade Chronicles, either of the Bravely Default games, Radiant Historia, and Octopath Traveler are all much better rpgs for the switch or 3ds.

I've heard that the DLC apparently gives combat a bit more depth, but I haven't played it because I'd rather not spend more money on a game I didn't enjoy all that much.

It would be an alright system if legendary cores were garunteed to give unique Blades.

You forgot arts being greatly limited, down to a mere 3 available at any given time with the effects having almost no variety whatsoever.

>completionists
>post-game

How about making the game good as a whole?

no

there is a bit missing from that pasta

Post the xenoblade metaxritic scores.

>actually defending gacha

Kill yourself.

Attached: 6a5.jpg (464x618, 53K)

>Of course a fucking autist would literally defend offline gacha.
Cool ad hominem bro.

I think if that was the case they would have to drastically reduce the drop rate and take them away from the rewards of so many quests, otherwise you would end up with every rare blade by chapter 9 without doing side content.

It's only saving grace is Poppi.

>not /ourchad/ Zeke

Nobody is defending the gacha mobile genre. Games using randomly generated loot instead of 100% deterministic game mechanics has been a thing since the arcades.

Zeke is okay, but Poppi's VA is unmatched.

>a good system to make each playthrugh unique
each playthrough being unique doesn't make each playthrough good or enjoyable. getting blades by actually doing things in the world would be infinitely more enjoyable. the gacha system is obnoxious at best and infuriating at worst.

Enjoy your free (yous), whenever someone says something Eric doesn't like he mass replies pretending to be different people.

It's not a loot system. It's LITERALLY gacha.

>The "gacha shit" (getting random Blades from most core crystals) is a good system

Attached: the dumbest shit.jpg (395x635, 91K)

who the fuck is eric

>Enemies and quests reward the player with an item that distributes blades randomly
>It's "gacha" because there's an extra step instead of the enemy dropping the blade directly

Attached: 1523307633465.png (265x209, 31K)

>XBC2DF now defending gachashit

holy fuck

He's as well as

and of course

>WHY DOES THIS RPG HAVE RANDOM DROPS?!?!?!?!?!?

Attached: DBYaD.png (1366x766, 1.22M)

I got about 10 hours in before I gave up on it. By far the most boring combat of any jRPG I've ever played. Every battle is basically an auto attack cutscene. Your input isn't needed at all.

When I complained about it on reddit I was told "the endgame battles are harder you actually have to pay attention!" which was the same thing people said about FF13's auto combat. No fucking thank you.

Attached: 1545438246134.jpg (656x568, 63K)

>Making a new XC2 shitpost thread right after the last one died

The absolute madman.

enemies dropping the items is a loot system
needing to open said loot to get a Blade is gacha

you fucking mong

>people likening enemies dropping cores to the cores to being gacha and not the cores themselves

You fucking gobshites.

SPBP

>When I complained about it on reddit
Not subtle enough

This is next level paranoia. You anyone who had anything negative to say is this Eric?

I really enjoyed it overall, especially once I figured out the combat, but there were a few things that bring it down. Its really tedious if you want a certain blade and a few affinity charts are stupidly tedious. If you dont care much about 100% or getting specific blades maxed out then Its a solid game and worth the time investment.

XC2FAGS IN THE GRAVE TONIGHT

Attached: 1521493650295.png (1125x2436, 2.56M)

And that extra step is the gacha. What is so hard to comprehend?

The "gacha" in XB2 doesn't have what causes problems with actual gacha. The problem with games like FGO is they try to extort the player into paying real money to get their waifus, not that you get the characters at random. Complaining about the randomness itself is asinine, as tons of games use random loot systems.

Cores are literally lootboxes.

Let us once again talk about how much Shulk looks better in Smash than XC2.

Attached: xenobabbieshatethis.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Story is shit
Characters are cringe
Writing/dialogue is BEYOND cringe
Gameplay is tolerable decent jrpg grinding shit
No better than 20 year old games like evolution 2 far off promise.
Map is neat, world is neat, but XB1 and XCX are both vastly superior.

I can't wait for the age of weebatry to end now that loli pedos will get locked up.

No. 2=X>1

>White knighting gacha mechanics

I guarantee next game they'll a pay to roll feature, because people like you allowed this slippery slope to go unchecked.

I know this is bait but you should still kill yourself. Have a (You).

XB(wii + 3ds) 1.48 million
XB2: 1.4 million
XB(wii): 0.92 million
XBX: 0.84 million

this is the retard's opinion

Retards. Retards everywhere.

So you admit it's not the super success you thought it was?

Yep, but it's got a lot of well documented flaws that ruin it for a lot of people. Read some reviews and watch some gameplay to get a better idea of whether you'll like it or not.

Yeah, X is far far better than XC2.

>Read some reviews
B-But reviewers hate it because anime titty and my narrative...

thats not saying anything at all

>implying
I was just providing an actual comparison with the rest of the series rather than an outdated and arbitrary one comparing it to unrelated titles.

>this entire post

absolutely disgusting

Monolith is one of the few developers where every game has soul

>retards for not defending gacha

Fpbp

based retard

I'm sorry, but unlocking blades in a different order does not a make a playthrough unique

Unironically true.

Your post worst post

>gacha in a $60 single player game
bruh....look at this dude.....

I love it, but it's a very "anime" game if you know what I mean.
But that's also part of its charm.
Games like this aren't really made anymore.

I’m not really feeling it

>Changing party composition does not make playthroughs different

I see...

There's slightly more to it if you want actual damage but endgame is literally "crit heal, i-frame, crit heal"

They're not part of the party, they're literally just weapons.

>Having different skills and stats does not make playthroughs different

Mmhm that’s more clear.

The setting, core gameplay and soundtrack are incredible.
If the anime presentation is too cringy for you and the gacha system turns you off from it, though, don't get it.

Attached: 9528gwwbx9701.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Yikes, I bet you didn't do any blade side quests either.

>can't attack while moving in combat
Don't move then.

>different skills and stats
wowsers this character has +20% damage on tuesdays while this one takes 5% less damage if on fire, really shakes up the riveting gameplay

Lao tried to warn us, why didn't we listen?

Attached: Lao's_slumping_sadness.jpg (1246x712, 60K)

Attached: glitch.webm (800x450, 194K)

Remember that thread where Xfag admitted to having sex with his own brother who is also his boyfriend and also a mod?

How could I forget?

Is being OBSESSED over my personal life really the only thing you have, my number 1 fan?

Being obsessed over xb2 is all you've got, it's only fair.

If you've got something to say then say it to my face you fucking faggot.

I have a brother who loves me. You'll never have that.