Finally finished Metro Exodus and it pretty fucking great...

Finally finished Metro Exodus and it pretty fucking great. A lot better than that piece of shit Last Light and slightly better than 2033. Only bad thing was the desert area was a bit of a drag, but the other areas were pretty good so it's alright. Can we get a Metro Thread going?

Attached: Metro-Exodus-1077094.jpg (590x350, 71K)

>Can we get a Metro Thread going?
In one year from now when they allow people to buy the game.

>buy
oh...

I wanted stalker man, I fucking hate the desert area and the driving sucks ass, the movement physics are fucking shit too, i liked the first area a lot tho, please tell me the game gets better than the fucking desert.

Volga > Taiga > Dead City > Caspian

I only have one question: do I have to worry about a cannon good or bad ending?

The last level is basically Pripyat from SOH

there is a good or bad ending, hope you didn't kill everyone...

It's a good start for a FPS genre I would probably greatly enjoy if fined tuned more. A stream line story but with more open areas to explore is cool. However I found the overall game kind of short and by the second area I quickly realise that exploration isn't really worth it and I tunnelled the main/marked areas more.

Open world and all?

Wouldn't really matter either way.

>If bad is canon
Artyom is dead and they could make a new protag for future games or they leave the series alone and move on.

>if good is canon
Artyom is the new leader and implies he went back to Moscow and brought everyone to the new place to live. End of his story and no reason for the series to go on unless they make up more bullshit.

Either way they could do a fourth game, but I don't think it's needed.

Nah it's more like typical linear scripted Metro, but minus the NPC following for the most part. The atmosphere is THICC in that last level and more than makes up for it.

Do you get positive karma if you approach villagers/paladins in Volga and talk with them? I want to save Duke.

>"Don't kill any *slaves*"
>*Get attacked by *natives* with axe
>Have no option for non lethal take down, have to kill him.
>"I have to stay a help muh people"

You get railroaded hard after Caspian. Basically lose all your shit and have to stealth straight through an entire map, it's open and you're able to explore, but there's no point. and the last map has you stealth through it as well down a very strict path.

Oh boy, another Metro shilling thread.. . . yay.

no, but its a good level. The newist metro book ends with artyom just leaving the metro so who knows what is canon. You can kill some people and still get the good ending what about the forest level? TRhat is open

Attached: 1532648268819.png (2560x1440, 3.51M)

FUCK FUCK FUCK I SOULD HAVE BOUGHT RESIDENT EVIL 2 FUCKING SLAV SHITS I TRUSTED THEM FUCK

>Oh boy, another video game thwead..... yay...

Attached: ange.png (324x246, 51K)

It doesn't get karma for approaching them. You'll have to stealth out of the church in the beginning without killing, stealth onto the traders boat without killing, and stealth to the cult leader at the end without killing. It also helps to get the guitar and bear, but you only need to do two of the above I think.

Yea, Taiga is an open map, but it's really linear and you don't get much for exploring and going out of your way. I guess you get more parts for the crossbow and some lore journals, which I went for because that's the best part.

It is a story driven FPS game, but I wish they took more time to flesh it out and add more areas. I was bummed when I couldn't freely explore Taiga unless I knocked everyone out.

Reminder that if you played with english dubs you're a faggot.

>The other languages are not included in the disc
Fuck that shit

Yeah there's a good ending but it's easy to get if you go non-lethal most of the time (the game basically shouts at you that you're not supposed to kill certain people, like the Volga militia), complete all the side missions, and use stealth.

I got it without even looking at a guide. Tbh if you get the "bad" ending you're a legit retard.

The zombie niggers in the desert area can fuck off.

I'm desperately trying to like this game but Artyom moves so slow and sluggish, i don't know how to explain it. Also the melee takedowns are comically bad animated.
I won't even complain about the horrible voiceacting because that's just a given in Metro games and i got used to it.
But the character just moves so fucking sluggish through the maps. Maybe it's always been like that but i never noticed because i always took it kind of slow in the tunnels.

The russian voices are equally bad but i wager you don't notice because you don't understand a word they are saying you pretentious faggot.

They've always been tanky feeling and I've no idea why they choose to do so either. Some people say it's from all the gear he carries around with him, but you get stripped of your gear numerous times and he still move like molasses.

I want Anna to sit on my face.

Have you even played OG 2033?

>try to avoid spoilers at any cost because i'm not even through volga yet
>come across a short webm today that shows anna coughing up blood onto a table
fugg

don't worry and keep playing :^ )

This game is kino.

Attached: MetroExodus_20190311_09-53-00.png (1920x1080, 2.93M)

I still don't understand how a small group of slavs can make games look this stunning when big AAA teams don't even come close.

By making it a tight, confined, linear game where you don't have to worry about too many assets, effects and animations on screen at the same time.

>got this for free with my RTX 2080
>freezes every time unless starting in Safe Mode
>end up just playing Anthem, which also came with GPU along with BFV

I mean, not complaining, got it for free, but fucking come on.

>Epic is sponsoring Metro content on youtube now
It really is kind of their main asset huh

Wasted their money, I'd say. Metro fans are not dedicated enough to mindlessly flock to their store, nor are they numerous enough to boost their customer numbers. if anything they fucked their own reputation, the publisher and the devs with this retarded exclusivity move.

Good maybe this situation will teach other big publishers not to do the same thing. Release on Epic if you want, but exclusives can fuck right off.

no

How is the ai/ enemy types in this game? Are they as retarded as most soldier types these days?

They are retarded sometimes but sometimes they are pretty smart, I think is bugged

I just beat it last night too, and thought it was pretty good. I feel like they really lowered the stakes for the story, but the ending was still pretty epic. The final chapter feels like a classic 'man versus environment' tale and the radiation feels like an actual antagonist Artyom is struggling against.

Just imagine being this retarded.

The human enemies are great in a "wow, they saw me through that tiny hole in the fence, that's some pretty cool tech!" way.
It's also fucking bullshit in a "wow, that faggot saw me though that tiny hole in the fence, better go back to the last checkpoint 8 minutes ago" way.
Mutant enemies are generally good, varied and fun to shoot. Rarely a challenge.

issa good game. why you hev to be med?

>3 games in and changing FOV still breaks some cutscenes
lmao

Stepan is the most based side character

>tfw liked desert area

>but i wager you don't notice because you don't understand a word they are saying
Exactly anonymous. That's the whole point.
I mean it better be you fucking faggots those voices sound anime va tier