What's your opinion on twitch and streaming on a whole Yea Forums?

What's your opinion on twitch and streaming on a whole Yea Forums?

While it mostly started out as harmless I feel like it's evolved into giving people what are essentially synthetic friends and can turn real unhealthy real fast. I honestly can't watch someone playing vidya for more then 5min without getting bored as shit or just start playing myself. It's like a million small Truman shows going on at once, only infinitely less interesting. IDK I just don't get how it's 10 billion dollar industry.

Attached: 1551916702248.jpg (1242x1160, 443K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qvp0hAI47XA
youtube.com/watch?v=dEYaFwuGKqw
youtube.com/watch?v=JsAmSVg92E4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's like let's plays but somehow even worse

If you use twitch for any reason other than undermining the site or causing harm to its administrators and username, you are part of the problem

Attached: 1548710134018.jpg (750x716, 60K)

I think the mere idea of donating to anyone who plays games is the most retarded shit on Earth. These are the types of people that will say their streamer's penis is huge because they read a comment joking that they have a small dick which I actually saw happen.

Fucking spend your money elsewhere. At least do it for people that put actual effort into shit or god forbid give it to charity.

Attached: 1530243610092.png (654x700, 599K)

How do you not understand how humans, who are inherently nosey little voyeurs, just keep watching other people do things? Are you fucking retarded?

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING THE SAME FUCKING THREAD EVERY 5 FUCKING MINUTES. HOW CAN YOU BE SO FUCKING UNORIGINAL? IT'S LIKE YOU'RE A FUCKING BOT OR A DRONE

Attached: 1539186341737.gif (400x326, 795K)

I only use it for Mario Retardy

I don't mind it. Most streams are remarkably boring. But I don't really a have problem if it makes viewers happy and makes streamers money. I do think the "hey man thanks for the 100 bits welcome to the snakie club dog bless" shit is really annoying or donor messages spammed. I think this is a worse system than the advertising model it aims to replace. But I am not the target demo, so meh. Just annoying when you see shit like the adpocylpse and worry this is the future. Why don't they just have a donor break, where every 25 minutes they read a bunch of donos quick then forget about it for the next 25 minutes? Then again I also always hated callers on radio when that was a thing, so it might just be me.

It's fucking retarded but honestly it's better than watching cable television.

Is watching streams a form of video game cucking? Serious question.

If you only watch Let's Plays you're not a real gamer.

If I wasn't an uggo and had charisma I'd give dick streaming a try.

The only reason I would watch someone else play a video game is to either get impressions of it when considering a purchase, or because I would want to see someone significantly more skilled than me showing what can be done in the game. Watching streams as a regular past-time is a waste.

streaming is based as fuck I'm trying to put away some money to start doing it, hope I can get in on the scam before it dies off. Would be fucking amazing to stay at home and play video games all day while making big money

i wish people would stop making threads about their favorite twitch streamer ecelebs

>inb4 "why dont you donate to someone who is making content for you to watch in their own free time"

Someone in the thread kinda already hit the nail on the head for me, they're like Let's Plays but worse. It's all due to the chat interaction. I literally can't watch something like Pat Streams because he just reads off the really shitty friend sim donations for 40 minutes.

Twitch has become this weird social environment where people spend money to act like they have friends, when in reality they only want your money. So please don't forget to subscribe.
[spoilers]Only good one is Jerma and I just watch his vods only[/spoilers]

Attached: 1552067645403.png (640x640, 456K)

It’s ok, honestly. Good for people who are entertaining or skilled of have some trait that enables them to make money playing vidya with their constant 4+ hour streams. You can’t keep up that lifestyle if you’re unhealthy as well, 24 meme streams could easily lead to a clot.

What I don’t like is that streamers dictate the life of certain games, like television ratings.

It's fine in moderation. It shouldn't be a replacement for friends and socialization.

zoomer shit

>"I feel like it's evolved into giving people what are essentially synthetic friends and can turn real unhealthy real fast"
>found on 4channel.org, a website you can never leave

Attached: 1545809931925.jpg (1060x1280, 130K)

No. Clear devolution.
>Lets Plays start in the 2008s
>Montages and progames take over in 2010 with Modern Warfare 2. Everyone showing off how good they are at the game.
>Games just dedicated to people playing games start up with Minecraft
>2012, Reactionary scary games and facecams take over. Content is now about the players and not the game.
>2015, The rise of streaming takes over and videos are mostly clips from peoples streams. No one makes the effort to put thought into editting anymore
>2017 is the rise of the Whore where streamers are now all about themselves and glory over video games.
>Along with the rise of streaming games is the streaming of reacting to other peoples videos and announcements like Etika or AngryJoe.

Every year, it gets worse. No one wants to put effort into something. The only one I watch anymore is Chuugaconroy since he is still high quality after 10 years.

It's just stupid and brain rotting. I think jerma is the only remotely entertaining streamer on twitch.

youtu.be/Qvp0hAI47XA

has anyone put her over the shitty CG rabbit kill from berserk 2016?

>454165891

If you don't steal someone else's wallet, I don't see what's wrong with OP's pic. If someone streaming a game can do something so small and have it actually make a positive impact on someone else's day, I think that's a great thing.

The flipside is when you have people that overspend and can't pay for the donations for whatever reason, but those people are the minority, and whatever issues they had with being responsible with money weren't caused by watching a stream on the internet. There are still worse ways to have your money stolen from you.

oh look another insecure cope post. Nobody cares if you consider yourself better than subhumans

Attached: Promotion.jpg (600x703, 42K)

Does anyone else change their posting habits and humor depending on what stream you’re watching?

I like to watch Chess and Lethalfrag bc he plays roguelikes really well but that's about it

Making lamps out of dead people doesn't hurt anybody but people are against it for some reason.

That's pretty silly. If someone wants their body turned into a lamp after they die, nobody should stop the family carrying out such a wish.

I watch chess all the time.

Hey wow you took the words out of my mouth. Filters only go so far.

I actually thought about this “synthetic friend” thing back around the time let’s plays were becoming a thing on places like Something Awful. I was talking to a guy who had a small group who would do videos of shit like desert bus. He said he didn’t really understand why people would watch his videos. I suggested it was because it made lonely people feel like they were part of a circle of friends just bullshitting and having fun. I never really expected it to turn into what it is now, though. The idea that people will give you money for this shit woulda got you laughed at back then.

I want to be a tree.

Because I don’t have to. For 10 bucks a month Netflix gives me over 40,000 hours of content that revolves monthly. YouTube has over 10,000,000 hours and it’s FREE. Some faggot on twitch better be putting some incredible quality for me to want to actually give him even a dollar.

I still go back from time to time just to read the 'ol SomethingAwful X-Com play throughs.

Based as fuck.

The only stream I watch is macaw45. Just an australian guy with a legitimate passion for weird old lost games. Obscure european dos shit, pc88 hydlide clones, and so on. He also ate a whole zombie lab kit on stream once.

I watch streams sometimes.
My friends are normalfags that don't play vidya and I dropped multiplayer games altogether a few months ago so I'm getting kinda lonely when playing.

Friend simulator shit, an alarming amount of people use this as a substitution for getting actual friends

Not sure how that's related, but can I just say I think it's bullshit that we aren't legally allowed to have skeletons in our possession? The ones that schools have (probably with exceptions in certain universities) are all fake, I was devastated when I was in a drawing class at my community college and we couldn't get to draw any real skeletons.

Decent background noise.
But kids need to fucking learn that no matter how much money they give, shit they donate, or crappy fanart they draw. Streamers aren't their friends.

Personally I think twitch and streaming are stupid. I barely have time to play vidya myself, why would I want to waste my time watching other people play?

YouTube LPs were okay, but Twitch streaming is cancer.

I can't fathom how people donate to people who play video games, if you do you're a fucking retard of the highest order.

Mixed feelings. Always appreciated people sharing games that were unnoticed, unpopular, or would otherwise not be seen through a certain lens of the person who streamed it, and I have also been hosting games for a handful of people to watch just because they get bored and want to see a full run of some adventure game I dug out of my closet.

Starts going downhill when people began to use it as a means of living through donations. It began a push for completely unnatural decisions, like face cams, reading donations, and sanitized behavior. I also fell into a hole of binge-watching VODs of some streamers, and completely understand just how unhealthy a lot of people must be who are actually mentally dependent on these people's reactions to their viewership.

Attached: 1551133075496.jpg (435x327, 71K)

it's pretty retarded in its core, but I salute who is getting money from retards

Now that's what I call a hyperbole.

Attached: 1537855805542.jpg (1706x1357, 336K)

With how cheap games are now and more free to play coming out, there really is no reason to watch others play.

I support anything that takes advantage of idiots and strips them from their money. I don't actually watch any streams and don't care about them aside from that.

I didn't mind them before but the fact so many of Yea Forums retell streamers opinions worries.

If you had told me years ago there would come a time when you could make mad money from people just watching you play video games I wouldn't believe it.
I cant even be mad at the streamers who do it, they found an easy way to make money from idiots so I'm damn impressed.

If I had 1000$ to spare I would set myself with a good streaming set up. It would just be another layer to the vidya I play and I'm functional enough not to be a total bore.

I don't however watch streamers or have any familiarity with the culture aside from 'getting paid for video games' it seems like a lot of loneliness and I'd worry about being the guy strangers depend on for insight or life advice, like I worry about becoming the wrong kind of successful at streaming. It seems like you either have to be an outright, disconnected scam artist or just a fucking boring person and that ain't me.

Probably the most intelligent post I've seen all day. Being a hardcore boomer, I couldn't understood stream culture but your post made some things clearer for me. Thank you little zoom.

I don't like it and actively ignore it.
I will never understand why people would rather watch a game than just play it themselves.
It makes me especially sad when viewers start getting attached to the streamers and think that because they've spent all this time in the stream 'with them' and giving them money that this somehow makes them friends.

>twitch
Site of corrupt woman-respecting anti-racists who primarily try to push an agenda, and then worry about the users as an afterthought.
>streaming
neither for nor against it and I think it has potential, but that includes both the potential to inform and entertain, and the potential to mislead and distract.

You need to be a child to actually pay people to have fun for you, the value of a person's stream is so absurdly low in the entertainment market it's unbelievable it's even a thing at all, even just watching these niggers is a massive mistake on your part, IMAGINE watching a guy and 4 hours in he says something half funny and the rest of it is just a massive waste of time? I mean fuck wouldn't you rather play a game? or do anything else at all for that matter? Fuck pick up a new hobby if you're that dessperate I don't fucking know.

The same goes for the incels banking whores and thinking they even got a shot with them though, you guys are fucking pathetic.

Attached: 1481065752927.png (405x532, 204K)

>I will never understand why people would rather watch a game than just play it themselves.
Really? Are you disabled?

I've always wanted to be on the radio and have a show. Twitch allows me to live that dream, even if it's only for 10 people and they don't really do donating. I make about 100 dollars every three months. But I still do it. I stream Snes stuff and game requests. I work really hard to make sure I have good producing value and that my channel has content that makes it more like a show and less like a regular stream, though there's only so much I can do on a low budget. I do understand people thinking you're their best buddy. I personally struggle with it,because I really like my audience and I do my best to interact with them and engage with them and I know while that makes for a better show it doesn't help the "the steamer is my friend" problem. At the end of the day,I stream because I enjoy doing it and I've always wanted to entertain people. I think regardless of whether or not I can make a living doing it, I I would still find time to do it. Even if it's just for 10 autistos.

We're going home :) cunny! finish the fight, RESET ERA BAY BAY, Apex legends is fun all my imaginary friends agree, Look at this nintendo rehash! haha LOL within spoiler tags. Post you're waifu! /ourgirl/ did it again! >she >he Look at this nep. Braaaap! what are some games. I'm so lonely. [picture of a cat with photoshopped eyes] how did he keep getting away with this? Protip: you can't. SWITCH PORT WHEN? Lol no games.

You know exactly what I mean.
Why would you want to sit there and watch someone you don't know play a videogame when you could just play it yourself and have a the proper experience.

I guess so

>humans have become so lazy that instead of going outside and being active they now watch other people playing videogames of people going outside on adventures

hit me up with a link brother sounds fun

honestly people who hate something enough to willing spend their freetime actively shitting on people who dont hate it are just as bad as people who do like it.

fpbp
there are a lot of bad ways to spend your time but watching twitch streams has to be one of the worst. Even playing a video game or watching anime gives you a talking point in a future conversation, or information on a specific topic. Even shitposting on Yea Forums gives you the most basic of writing and argumentation skills, I can't think of a single thing you get out of a twitch stream. It's not a talking point, it's not a significant experience, it's not culturally enriching, it's like staring at a wall for several hours

Small streams are fine, the big ones are just AIDS

This makes me feel sorry for the stupid parents and I'm a childless virgin man.

All it just is is some goofy-haired twoomer with an ebin voice and people spamming gay emotes like their lives depended on it

broke, at work, on the bus, in bed to use as white noise, tired after a month of 14 hour shifts because your life is utter shit and you have no other choice but to grin and bear it for the moment so you sit there in a daze and try not to think in the same way your parents used to sit in front of the tv and watch commercials while you were up in your room playing video games and oblivious to the crushing brutality of life.
it's junk food ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

giving them money is still stupid btw

I hate watching stuff, but I love streaming. I just started streaming a month ago and got affiliate status the other day. Hopefully I'll start being able to pull some cash in from it. I've got a knack for entertaining people apparently.

Sounds unfortunate.
You should go swimming instead.

Not gonna tell you how to live your life but if you got a pen and paper doing anything with them is a better use of your time.

I'm 30.

Any good trap or cuteboi streamers?

>in bed to use as white noise
Please stop doing that.

Onlyafro

It depends on the streamer. Some streamers are shit and probably should just fuck off and get a real life. Some streamers just like to play games and if there’s a group of people willing to watch them and enjoy the game with them, then that’s all the better.

IMO the realest streamers are the ones who play a game while simultaneously interacting with the chat, or even skip the game part altogether and interact with people via the internet. The ones who just play a game and every thirty minutes look at the donation log and call out names are bigly faggots.

I literally watch anime/tv/YouTube/twitch while simultaneously playing games to fully dissociate myself from the nightmare that is my life.

Sorry some people can’t cope, it’s probably biological

The real question is, what's a good video editor to get started with that isn't super complicated to use?

Using actual white noise like rain or wind will probably let you sleep better though.

its like television but imagine channels having cults built around them.

If it's a popular AAA """"""""cinematic experience"""""""" then they're not missing anything. If anything, they're saving 60 bucks to watch some other person "play" their "game".

In all seriousness, it can also be useful for something that normally doesn't happen in games. You ever watch Mario Retardy? It's magical. You haven't lived until you see Mario come from behind with 3 hidden stars AND a chance time in his favor.

What do you mean by that? I watch streams all the time and the only thing I want out of it is entertainment, not friends and socializing. And this is coming from a no-life neet with no friends.

Yea this is also in the same vain as giving money so people can make a game I any believe people give away charity to a private enterprise

Considering most streamers are emotional wrecks, I wouldn't trust that you can even reliably buy friendship with most of them.

Attached: 1552274483738.png (1402x621, 105K)

twitch.tv/HauntLich
Honestly, it puts me on edge a bit selfposting, but there's no reward without risk.

This is a very good post and I agree with you.

Attached: DxIxzkQUcAE8TFg.jpg (638x1200, 81K)

>Guys I really need your help. It's TAX SEASON! And I don't want to lose my house! Please tip! Bits are okay but Tips help me right away!

Attached: 1529428905877.jpg (400x400, 131K)

>twitch spender is still posting ugly mutts

>BadBunny

Attached: 1393007954956.gif (580x433, 1.96M)

She was born and raised in yurop though.
But really, I cut back on my twitch spending massively especially after I stopped entertaining thoughts about my affiliated channel getting off the ground properly. I had good growth when I was unemployed but now that I'm working again I don't have the energy to stream.

Attached: Dvr3uvCU8AAsWaj.jpg (638x1200, 115K)

>stream for a while
>become "affiliated"
>get 3 emote slots
>tfw making shitposting emotes

I don't really care for it, but I got more used to the idea after I started getting money to let people watch me play video games. I do enjoy a service that makes it easy to stream events such as speed run races and that sort of thing, I just don't like the social aspect all that much.

I enjoyed the shit out of Mario Retardy and VG wrestling though.

lom?

Agreed it's become something people have become dependent on. It was nice at the start when everyone was doing it once every 5 months or doing interesting runs but now people just use it as an alternative to hanging out with people or to get easy cash.

No, just a nobody that used to stream LttP/SM randomizer, I started it to improve my time and figured I'd stream it to the world while doing it. I made like $10/day doing it for three hours a night every weekday, but that wasn't the true goal.

>Easy cash
Maybe if you have big tits or got extremely lucky.
This idea that streaming is "easy money" irritates the piss out of me. It's not easy money for 99% of the people who try it.

Those vinesauce aspies are gonna come here and shill tbeir autismo streamer in a couple of minutes now because their thread got expunged just now.

I wish it was as easy as people think. Hell unless you're already ridiculously popular, have big tits, or somehow get a game earlier, you're not gonna break single digit views

Critikal,Ninja,Douchebagchocolat/Demo D, OnlyAfro. the list keeps going but I'm too lazy to even remember but from watching their streams they get tipped pretty fucking frquently unless twitch takes like 80% or something.

1.People are becoming increasingly isolated meaning they need some form of socializing to not go insane.
2.Free time is getting higher and higher because the younger generation works less hours due to shit jobs. It used to be common to work 60 hour weeks now many people are working 20-30. All of this extra free time leads to need for infinite entertainment which streaming provides.
Basically I see streaming as an unfortunate symptom of larger societal problems. The human race is fucked.

Is Critikal really making easy money? I mean he started Youtube a long time ago and already has a following. He's not exactly an "up and comer".
I don't know Ninja's story. I assume he's one of those that got lucky, though I've heard he botted a fuckload.
I wasn't aware OnlyAfro was actually financially.
And depending on what service they use, PayPal takes something like 30%.

Streaming and twitch is cool to see unfiltered video of a newly released game that you’re interested in.

The idea of giving real money to someone for playing video games is ridiculous to me and the idea that there is an entire culture behind it makes my head spin even more.

>TFW streamed (not vidya) for a while
>Made some money, built a company, connected with people I never figured I'd ever get a chance to meet
>Got invited to conventions, spoke on panels and stuff
>Was on an ostensibly upward trajectory
>Let it all crumble because of crippling mental problems that hit me like a truck as soon as things faltered.
>Left Twitch & social media in general, and became a reclusive hermit again

Twitch is ok. There's a lot of garbage, but I feel that Yea Forums's view of it is 99.9% colored by the fact that you all only ever see and pay attention to "big name game-of-the-moment" streamers and Fortnite and thots, when outside of that there's plenty of normal people, normal communities, and alright shit.

It should also be added that even if you do get a break, don't get ahead of yourself. Save up that cash you're making. Not everyone lasts forever with good finances through streaming. You could end up like DSP

>alright let's load up Apex Legends
>Woah uchihaninjagod99 thanks for the sub!
>Let's see what's in all my loot boxes I bought with your donations
>Don't forget to hit that sub button guys!
>Hey thanks for the donation roxas13!
>Haha *fake laugh at cringe jokes in chat*
Literally every stream I've ever seen

Charities are a fucking meme.
They're just there for tax evasion.

That said, tax is also a meme.
I couldn't provide an alternative method of providing societal infrastructure though, so I can't naysay it too much.

Or Oroboros the Ninja. I remember when that guy used to get 3k viewers a stream doing Dark Souls. Guy's lucky to get over 100 now. If he became used to a lifestyle where he had 3k viewers worth of income, he'd be fucked right now without proper saving and investment.

personally with friends who try to stream, I think is lame as fuck and should actually try for a real job because they don't get anywhere. There's no progress

Gee I wonder why? Could it be maybe because you only press the button on the front page that says "RECOMMENDED STREAMS!" with 5000 viewers?

No, couldn't possibly be.

I still watch raocow

Most of my entertainment on Twitch comes from the chat. Being able to interact with others and streamers in real time is pretty fun.

I never use money to do it tho, thats just retarded

Attached: 494987028_preview_twitch-chat-e1461114558208.png (788x520, 23K)

>Most of my entertainment on Twitch comes from the chat. Being able to interact with others and streamers in real time is pretty fun.
Only on slower chats. I'm not fond of hiveminds

It takes repeated streaming and a semi-popular game to get viewership up. I managed to break 30 on an FFXIV stream, but that was after months of streaming and it was a big raid night for semi-new content.

Too jewed up to enjoy, yet too big to collapse. It's a catastrophe of commercialisation eating up the internet alongside youtube monitisation and patreon.

Remember when people just did shit for fun? Pic unrelated

Attached: travelettesthetravelettesguidetocampingfirepitcookingequipmentl9701a490225b23c3.png (600x400, 455K)

I don't mind it at all. Watching streams pretty much replaced TV for me (considering also that there's nothing to watch that interests me), it got me into fighting game tournaments which are really fun to watch, and many speedrunning and variety streams can be enjoyable. Watching a stream is something I do as background noise or if there's something that interests me, but it has never replaced playing a game myself at all.

And can you even blame streamers who get who knows how many subs and donations per day? I wish I could stream and be that popular and win that much money with eventually so little effort, being able to mantain myself by simply playing videogames while tricking viewers into sub trains just so they can unlock their new funny meme emote. Seriously, last time I saw someone in carginogen's stream gifting a hundred fucking subs. I want some of that cash.

forsen and aris are ok

most other streamers are AIDS though.

especially the twitch thots.

based

God damnit Yoesportsaaa, keep up.

And in the end those 30 would bail if you ended up switching games, or didn't get on for a few days

The only streams I ever watched in my entire life was AGDQ and some Jim because you can spam NIGGER KIKE in his chat

I used to watch gaming related videos on youtube as background noise but I realized it was a waste and I could watch documentaries instead and actually learn something.

there's no better feeling in gaming

Yeah user, if you're a retarded impressionable zoomer who doesn't even gain basic cognitive abilities until 19, it's going to always be harmful. Fake relationships, leading to less interaction, and more of the "saying shit you would never say in person"

If you're a responsible person, do whatever the fuck you want. I tried to watch Dr. Disrespect because he's hilarious, but it's just not for me. I've pretty much replaced TV with Youtube or Podcasts for like 4 years now, I'm sure people are doing the same with Twitch instead.

Disguised Toast is okay

he seems kind of burnt out, at least that's how my general empathy detector is seeing it

i killed shroud in apex the other day and he said "damn this dude owned me nice shot" and i felt like that was the greatest moment of my life

like how many people can say they owned shroud?

The asphalt can say that with confidence now.

Thing is, right now is very hard to be a variety streamer unless you're already popular, have early access to the newest games (like for example DMCV being given early to people with like only 20 viewers), are a girl or have the charisma and dedication to stream for several hours every single day to gather enough viewers for Twitch to give you partnership.

Right now speedrunning is apparently the most popular thing on Twitch, just a few days ago they had a Twitch Rivals Resident Evil 2 speedrunning event with a 1st place prize of $3500, and we also know just how many dozens of thousands of people watch GDQ, so that's also an "easy" way to get into streaming, as long as you don't play a literally who game.

dude is fake as fuck. He would orgasm over fucking barbie shovelware games if they were in a different language.

I don't follow big meme streamers, what happened?

You can rarely chat on Twitch unless you're in a stream with only a couple hundred viewers. It's actually nice to have an actual conversation with the streamer, but the more viewers, the easier is for your post to get lost in a sea of emotes.

>FrankyonPCin1080p Dayz mod videos with JackFrags

Attached: 1404247175833.png (327x173, 10K)

nigga wiped out on his scooter and ended up in hospital today

Its ok to watch finals of tournaments

Shit, they bailed by the next week. I maintained around 12 or so most times though, which wasn't terrible. Probably would've had more had I had a personality to work with.

Big oof
also now meme makes sense, nice

I shouldn't be laughing this hard.

Attached: 1538069571805.png (3084x2568, 374K)

I like to go to random streamers just to follow them and hope they say my name just yo see how badly they pronounce it because my name is just a bunch of words in another language.
This is always funny to me.

>making bank playing videogames

>on a death scooter

what the fuck are you doing, man

That's why you should only watch streamers which don't have any notifications and either do the call outs at the end of the stream or not at all.
Like NL. Shame that streamers like that are very rare.

Your other option is to watch streamers with like 10 viewers because nobody ever subs or follows anyway.

>While it mostly started out as harmless I feel like it's evolved into giving people what are essentially synthetic friends
Literally a perfect description of Trihex stream

>What's your opinion on twitch and streaming on a whole Yea Forums?
It's a waste of time to watch. So I don't.

>>Lets Plays start in the 2008s
>>Montages and progames take over in 2010 with Modern Warfare 2. Everyone showing off how good they are at the game.
>>Games just dedicated to people playing games start up with Minecraft
, Reactionary scary games and facecams take over. Content is now about the players and not the game.
, The rise of streaming takes over and videos are mostly clips from peoples streams. No one makes the effort to put thought into editting anymore
is the rise of the Whore where streamers are now all about themselves and glory over video games.
>>Along with the rise of streaming games is the streaming of reacting to other peoples videos and announcements like Etika or AngryJoe.
perfect summary

>That's why you should only watch streamers which don't have any notifications and either do the call outs at the end of the stream or not at all.
Like NL. Shame that streamers like that are very rare.

This is complete BS. Watching a Streamer with no Notification/Alerts or what have you is no way to enjoy yourself watching a stream.

Attached: Roah 2.png (680x689, 404K)

it's super creepy how Twitch allows underage girls to do essentially chaturbate shows on a gaming platform.

How do they allow underage kids with no clothes on?

Twitch is a platform to watch people I know personally IRL, or to watch some gameplay to decide whether to buy a game, both very occasionally. I have no other thoughts about or concerns with streaming because I do not engage with it at all beyond these useful purposes. Your problems are of your own making due to your decisions.

I find it funny how Twitch banned men being shirtless on stream (like calebhart) while still allowing streamwhores having cams over their cleavage while wearing tinny tight tanktops only. Have you ever seen the ASMR category? That's one sad place to be.

Twitch is the land of hypocrisy

>no nudity

>girls can twerk for dollars in no clothes though

the mods straight up throw out reports against them and Hassan or whatever the head mod's name is has a bunch of whores on his friends list

>This weird social environment where people pretend they have friends
You know, I never thought of it like that, but you're absolutely right. Still, I do think there is a small contingent of Twitch streamers who aren't total douchebags and stream mostly for the joy of others.

I dunno, I feel like there's potential, I'm hoping to create enough of a following of randos, to play twitch decides stuff, with the chat, don't really want any donations or stuff like that, just wanna get a some people to mess around with, set up that program that let's you click the screens and play things like chess vs 100+ people at the same time would be pretty cool. Or have them decide what guns to use, or what strat to pick. I know I'd probably get constantly trolled, but that's fine, part of the fun.

Attached: 24018023109.jpg (1080x1350, 153K)

stop fucking coming here
hiro doesn't give a shit
the mods don't give a shit
i report every fucking e-celeb thread, every one-line frogpost/wojak thread, every shitposting thread, every obvious fanboy bait thread, and it NEVER
FUCKING
STOPS

fuck off with your ecelebshit faggot

They're not stupid. They know how much revenue they'd be flushing down the drain if they actually busted all the titty streamers.

It's hilariously close to being an escort service.

Attached: 1532061705949.png (560x407, 13K)

I like it. It freely provides some nice background noise or something to watch while playing slower games (like 4x). The problem with using actual TV shows/movies for either of those, I'd actually care about missing a solid 70% of what I "watched" which would limit my choices heavily. And the whole "fake friend" thing can be nice when I wanna not feel so alone without actually having to talk with someone, but I'm a bit more antisocial than most people, so just listening to someone else talk is nice. I don't bother with the chat because the people in it are almost always a combination of retards, children, and redditfags.

There's plenty of retarded shit about Twitch, but that's mostly the people that comprise it being dipshits, like the deluded, thirsty dudes dropping thousands of dollars on titty streamers thinking those women'll care about them for anything other than their paycheck.

good thread

good post

Only homos complain about tiddy streamers. Fact

I mean, if they're under aged and their parents let them, I guess they think this is a perfectly reasonable path to walk in life, thus twitch lets them and child protective services nod in agreement as well, in one big happy circle. :^)

I don't think I really care, honestly.

Attached: 1540274956605.jpg (350x350, 22K)

good user

no, it's because whores don't belong on a gaming website. go to chaturbate.

Quick question for the future, what do you tag reports as, extremely low quality? Off topic?
>inb4 announcing your report
I haven't.

Attached: 1468821571019 2.jpg (400x529, 35K)

Nice hat, anomigo

Attached: Cat (76).jpg (563x563, 26K)

>chuugacuckroy
>literally a nintendo-obsessed adult-infant that regularly screeches in his poorly audio-mixed youtube videos
jesus fuck you were serious

Advertising or begging would be the better option, since Twitch is still vidya related, but it might serve to advertise streamers or e-celebs.

>Gaming website
Actually, Twitch.tv is just the gaming offshoot of Justin.tv which was basically the IRL category of Twitch. In 2014 the two sites were combined under Twitch.

The ''whores'' belong on Twitch and they predate the gamers as far as the website history is concerned.

Attached: 1541282955609.jpg (644x1024, 83K)

whores belong on whore websites, not video game stream sites.

>non-Yea Forums website=bad

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (220x229, 4K)

die retard

Twitch is a whore website, though

Read my post, Twitch is more than a ''videogame streaming website''.

It's funny you admit you like the whole fake friend thing while blasting ''delusional thirsty dudes''. That guy streamer you're dropping that donation on doesn't give a shit about you, he's just another kike hiding behind a fake friendly smile.

Attached: 1551958457097.jpg (819x1024, 136K)

Only twitch streams I watch are of Dota, because it's nice to watch pros play some heroes and learn from them.
But I can't for the lov3 of god watch anything else because of how annoying the streamers are. I wanted to see some RE2 gameplay few weeks ago and clicked on a random stream. Dude literally spent 70% of the time reading chat and donations, he had flashy sponsor stickers all over his screen, donations were also visible on stream. Just play the goddamn game! How do they even enjoy vidya anymore with all those distractions?

Oof

whores still didnt belong on jtv.

showing your twat for dollars is not "content".

What if I post a list of games and Yea Forums tells me out of the list to stream (with no notifications and alerts whatsoever)

Attached: Does it hurt too much.gif (640x360, 1.26M)

I don’t even like sitting around watching what few friends I have irl play single player games so the purpose of twitch eludes me

i dont know where the fuck you are but i dont walk around and stumble on weebs in daily life. and i've been browsing Yea Forums for about a decade now and it hasn't given me a damn thing.

entertainment is what it is, the shocking part is just how much money some of these nerds like shroud make relative to your average jabronie.

>Twitch is more than a ''videogame streaming website''.

It's still primarily a videogame streaming website, but we have to admit that they have been trying to branch out as of recently with their different off-topic categories like Chatting, Cooking or Art & Music.

Personally, I'm glad there's an official Bob Ross twitch channel, that's true comfy right there.

If you use the internet for anything outside of this website you might just be a braindead zombie

>t's funny you admit you like the whole fake friend thing while blasting ''delusional thirsty dudes''. That guy streamer you're dropping that donation on doesn't give a shit about you, he's just another kike hiding behind a fake friendly smile.
You misunderstood what I was saying. Nowhere did I say that I spent money on Twitch, and I immediately said after that I didn't participate in the chat. Being able to listen to someone talk lets me not feel lonely while also not having to put up with a conversation if I don't feel like it. Podcasts achieve the same effect for me.

Way to prove my point

They don't ''show their twat'' dumbass. They just look cute while performing arts, bodypainting, exercising etc.

this kind of shit falls on deaf ears when you're posting it on a video game forum.

You zoomie kids with your ADHD nonsense.

This post was forever ago but I want you to know I feel where you’re coming from.

I want my house to look like the sedlac ostuary.

>dude gives everyone gift subs
>t...thanks

if there was a way to refund gift subs that you've been given then all you would have to do is sit in a bunch of waifu channels and cash out.

literally irrelevant
it's an entertaining industry, like television
hating it because it's popular and then shifting the blame on "but it's unhealthy! but think of the kids! but it should be illegal! but people are earning money by playing videogames!" kind of arguments only reveals yourself as that fucking hipster faggot that thinks hating popular things makes him cool and interesting.

Attached: 14462173872878.jpg (1750x2500, 482K)

In what way is avoiding having conversations with other people in any way related to ADHD, faggot? If you're gonna shitpost, do a halfway decent job of it.

I had to distance myself from someone who was trying hard to be a 'streamer'. He could have looked for a job, but no, he wanted to try his luck with itty bitty donations despite spending hundreds in hardware to make the streaming 'easier'.

You have to be able to do that shit for fun as a hobby, otherwise you're going to get sick and tired of running games for 4-8 hours a day in the hopes of someone following you while you make less than a kid's allowance.

based redditor

Heart and Slash, Furi, Assault Android Cactus, Danganronpa series, CrossCode, Megaman Legacy Collection 1 + 2, Megaman X Legacy Collection 1 + 2, Metal Slug series, King of Fighter series, Street Fighter series, Resident Evil Classics/4, 5, 6, 7, Yakuza Zero, Yakuza Kiwami, La-Mulana, La-Mulana 2, Slime Rancher, Sonic Mania +, Super Cloudbuilt, Cave Story+, Blazblue Series and Cross Tag Battle, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 1, Mirrors of Fate, 2, Catherine Classic, Wargroove, Wonder Boy:The Dragons Trap, Tormentor X Punisher, Full Metal Furies, Rivals of Aether, Okami, Spark the Electric Jester, Guts and Glory, Clustertruck, Borderlands, Pre-Sequal, Borderlands 2, Rocket League, Sonic Series, Shantae:Risky's Revenge-Directors Cut, Shantae and the Pirates Curse, Freedom Planet, Shantae Half Genie Hero, Lethal League, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Dark Souls series, Sleeping Dogs, Pyre, Transistor, Bastion, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Classics, Valkyria Chronicles 1&4, Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, Celeste, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5 part 2, Rogue Legacy, Hover, CHRONO TRIGGER, A Hat in Time, Spacelords, Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 , 10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3, 14, Kingdom Hearts series, Dead Cells, Iconoclasts, Tales of Berseria, Tales of Symphonia, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Might Switch Force Academy, Lumines remastered, Guns of Icarus Alliance, 20XX, Fallout 4, Valdis Story:Abyssal City, .Hack G.U Last Recode, 2054:Read only Memories, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, Castle Crashers, Left 4 Dead 2, Garry's Mod, Left 4 dead, Payday, Payday 2, Terraria, Duck Game, Hollow Knight, RWBY:Grimm Eclipse, BLEED, BLEED 2, Freedom Fall, Bejeweled 3, RUINER, SUPERHOT, INK, Skyrim, Poker Night at the Inventory

Attached: ZylpheRenuis.jpg (500x500, 42K)

based

Yeah. If you're starting it with the dollar signs in your eyes and play shit you don't genuinely enjoy just for views you want to hang yourself before long.

Attached: 1537652456259.jpg (488x608, 98K)

lets make this simple

bob ross = arts, good

some bitch showing her flabby ass in a thong = whoring, not good.

Sanctum 2, Oneshot, WASTED, Grand Theft Auto 5, Noitu Love 2 Devolution, Shines:The Lightning Kingdom, Teslagrad, Astebreed:Definitive Edition, Prototype 2, Cuphead, Flinthook, Owlboy, ICEY, Duet, Downwell, Contraption Maker, DeadCore, Pac-Man, Battleblock Theater, BlackHole, Dead Rising 1, Off the Record, 2, 3, 4, DiveKick, Jet Set Radio, Ys series, Goat Simulator, Devil May Cry series, REDOUT, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Nier Automata, SEUM:Speedrunners from Hell, Jotun, Moon Hunters, Evoland 1 and 2 to name a few

What games would Yea Forums watch?

Attached: Beat.gif (500x500, 825K)

cringe

post your twitch wannabe e-celeb

invadervie

Not that, retard but the fact you need constant background noise so you don't feel alone does.

AbominableAlien

I'd like to understand the mindset of someone who willingly donates/subs to a streamer when said "entertainment" can be obtained for free.

They want to "support" the streamer. Is this culture of paying others to do stuff that entertains them with the excuse that the money they use for donations, subs or bits is "expendable income".

Its not like mods have ever deleted this threads. I am going to sleep now and when I wake up this thread is gonna be up.

Not a fan at all, unless the streamer is significantly more skilled than me.

Though currently I love watching RE2 speedrunners since they're probably the most fickle group of streamers I've ever seen, BawkBawkSoup whatever the fuck aside since he's fun and marathons speedruns in several games, the rest tryhard the first half hour in RPD and ragequit often off a random G1 grab slowing them down by seconds off a potential WR they could actually correct for in the end but refuse to do so

Attached: __ashley_graham_resident_evil_and_resident_evil_4_drawn_by_sgk__73988c698b5e0f785964f942f5f83137.jpg (853x1310, 152K)

That isn't quite what I said. Work on your reading comprehension.

>objectively better than let's plays
>fake internet friend (depends on who is watching, some take advantage of this)
>great background noise
>Twitch's obsession with being PC is slowly killing itself
>some weird post modern equivalent of hyerogriphs.
That's more or less how I feel about this

Attached: 1508895874459.jpg (489x483, 34K)

i want to understand why they gift subs instead of just donating directly to them when you know 99.9% of those aren't going to resub

only sane person in this entire thread
if you follow anyone other than lomelli or thegreatteacher, leave this board

Cvnka an r9k tranny streams. I think that says a lot about its viewers and streamers.

Attached: 1549025196042.jpg (3264x2448, 1.76M)

t. replies to threads he doesn't like.

>the rest tryhard the first half hour in RPD and ragequit often off a random G1 grab slowing them down by seconds off a potential WR they could actually correct for in the end but refuse to do so

Thing with RE speedruns is that pretty much all of them are optimized already to a point that even a half a second of time loss is a big deal. Check orchlon, he tends to reset a lot when playing but he's by far the best RE speedrunner, he almost got a new Leon A world record during the Twitch Rivals competition and still won first place and 3.5k bucks.

>thegreatteacher
That sell out isn't worth the time anymore.

damn

That's because it is a bot

Would you guys watch someone play farming simulator 19 with his gf?

No it's not you fucking mongoloid. I deliberately choose streamers with low viewers when I want to see a game to try to avoid that nonsense. It's the entire culture and it is sick. If you get enjoyment out of watching a guy exaggerate reactions to everything in a video game to fill the awkward silence then you have autism

kys

Y tho?

nothing will prevent a fool and his money from being separated, so I don't particularly care about save for the stupid fukcing threads that get posted on Yea Forums about particular streamers

montages started with mw2?

dumb zoomer

When a streamer gets X amount of sub points they unlock additional emote slots so it benefits everyone basically.

>it used to be common to work 60 hours a week

Imagine being this much of a wagecuck, and I hope you mean a real job where you fuck your body like construction and not pencil pushing jobs where you browse reddit on your phone

Attached: 1552272807864.png (388x307, 42K)

twitch chat is the worst thing in the planet

if you want to see what actual npcs are like, look at twitch chat. they cycle through the same Emotes. also have you met people who watch/stream in twitch in real life? when they start saying twitch Emotes in real life you know they are too far gone to ever recover.

same, he doesnt seem as popular anymore, my guess being that he hasnt jumped on the godawful facecam trend. which is good. plus it keeps me updated on which smw hacks to try out
his laugh makes me laugh

pathetic

I have an older brother, he is happily married and has a stable job, whenever I hear him say LUL or Poggers IRL I feel second hand embarrassment.

I watch Twitch and I like it because it's comfy and I'm too lazy to give my attention to actual gaming

Attached: 1545603957896.jpg (369x387, 35K)

99.99% of streamers are scumbag e-beggars with zero charisma preying on dumb kids and the mentally ill. Accepting small tips, having a "jukebox" and subscriptions are acceptable monetization methods. Seeing unhinged people donate hundreds of dollars just to be able to say something to their favorite e-celeb is really sad.

That being said it can make for good background noise while working or playing another game. Chat can be funny but if you're watching a trash stream you're going to get a trash chat. Trying to provoke reactions out of people is pretty fun it's like poking a fishbowl.

Don't use it, probably never will. The way I see it, livestreams are a step back to the dark days of broadcast TV schedules. For me, that's not what the internet is about.

not to mention twitch thots and "stream daddies" with biggest donations. Jesus Christ, that's cringe-inducing

he was cool when he went fucking crazy all the time and switched between his male and female voice out of nowhere but now that he's finished transitioning he's really fucking boring and passive

As someone old. As in, owned an NES old. Twitch streaming comes across to me as the biggest waste of time I've ever seen.

I have trouble wrapping my head around that people will donate real money to watch someone play games. If you went back in time twenty years and tried to explain that this will happen someday no one would believe you.

I've actually tried to watch someone of the "best" streamers and I couldn't bear it for more than five minutes.

I can't really shit on it because there's nothing from my era to even compare it to, except maybe broadcast television and in that regard, its about equal as far as entertainment value.

Attached: grgns001.jpg (640x640, 52K)

It's the same as the people a decade ago who actually said Yea Forums memes in real life

So I get that people hate streamers doing it just for Money. That is true. But what does Yea Forums hate about Twitch in general when there are people who are playing with no incentives for viewers to donate to the streamer? Do you still hate it? Especially those with no webcams/microphones?

Attached: Got myself a Paper Clip.gif (540x720, 686K)

Way better than TV and netflix shit. I only follow small streamers (around 50 viewers max) so I can interact with them and the chat while watching the gameplay without having to donate $5 just to hear my name. Of course if you follow people with 2k viewers it's going to be an endless shitfest of subs, donations, emotes spammed over the screen and OMEGALULS. Even worse if you follow a female titstreamer with her orbiter army.

you have to find someone that's actually entertaining and/or skillful to watch, most of the most popular ones are giant faggots

it's just something nice to have running in the background while you're doing other stuff, but I agree with you. I cannot identify with people who donate money to streamers.

The best streamers have like 5-10 viewers, user.
All "top" streamers with > 5k viewers are assholes and millionaires.
I like Twitch because I can see games in motion and decide whether they're worth buying or not. It's good background noise too.

>That being said it can make for good background noise while working or playing another game.
This is 90% of my Twitch viewing right here. I mostly watch smallish streamers (200 viewers on average at most) who play the niche PC games I'm into as well, and the ones I watch regularly are guys who just act like normal adults on stream.

its kinda like arcades. shitters replace skill with quarters. socially inept and isolated people buy fake friendship with donations.

Literally dont do it if you are not a girl of entertaining to watch for real

So do you have a gf yet Yea Forums?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

literally the most generic girl on twitch

Sneaky is a crossdressing fag with a crazy asian gf that's so sexually dominant he cannot even keep direct eye contact with her, but he's also peak zoomer, boring, and plays nothing but LoL. Would not recommend watching. Would recommend finding his heavily photoshopped, selectively angled pictures though.

Attached: 1541478874849.jpg (1051x879, 175K)

delete this

how much have you donated to her?

she is not even hot with makeup

and a complete uggo without it

I like Twitch. Fight me, cunts, I'll slay you all, one by one or all together.

>crazy asian gf that's so sexually dominant he cannot even keep direct eye contact with her

Attached: STOP.png (1147x605, 1015K)

she is Moroccan Canadian

Yes, actually. Met her late last year and I've decreased money and time spent on Twitch for her.

I stand by my comment

youtube.com/watch?v=dEYaFwuGKqw

Life sure is the best teacher

>all these people saying they browse twitch for the background noise
nigga play some fucking music

Fuck off, don't tell me what to do

eyes that not even God could love desu

youtube.com/watch?v=JsAmSVg92E4

I mean, Twitch is fun timewaste especially if you can watch twitch while working etc but it never should become the focus point of one's life and you definitely don't want to become a cultist for a streamer.

Attached: DxUNP-xVYAAjzls.jpg (544x680, 71K)

Faggot

I only listen to video game OSTs and Eurobeat.

in all honesty - 7/10. She is not even the worst of Twitch girls, Alinity and boob streamers are.

Or shit, at least listen to a podcast or audiobook so you can actually learn something and improve your life.

/virgincore/

oh, of course, man. I watch it but I never donate. Seriously, why would you give your money to a millionaire if you aren't one?

who

He's not wrong

>millionaire
Hate to break it to you but kost streamers are not millionaires and a lot of them get similar or worse income than normal office workers.

Only donate to the homies who have been in a video game community for more then a decade, committing countless hours for free to make it into the tier 2 esport it is today

he is a spoiled brat but at least he respects his parents and voted for Trump

Attached: 1231.jpg (861x478, 35K)