yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
youtube.com/watch?v=CudEQjPKSNs
youtu.be/I-VQ5-UWm0s
youtu.be/xc_0wfIuuzw
youtube.com/watch?v=U0CnIbKR2zI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it is they're just stuck being in a dumb tech demo

Attached: wgKYLaW.png (300x175, 19K)

The sprite era definitely looked better than the current 3D era, but it's not the fault of 3D conceptually. Just look at how animated the Stadium sprites were by comparison. The current models look bad mostly because of lazy, shitty animations.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vpd47lTOjW0
Watch this, just look at how many Pokémon have unique animations for moves they aren't even likely to use. Meanwhile we can't even get a unique cannon animation for Blastoise, he just shoots it out of his mouth (and in LGPE it doesn't even fucking do that, it just stands there while a gush of water materializes in front of it). It's a Game Freak problem.

Attached: xatu.gif (192x192, 108K)

Don't even talk to me about the Cyndaquil line.

Hippowdon is just one of the unfortunates who doesn't look as cool in 3D
Pic related is PBR

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (458x299, 38K)

Yet you will still buy it like the crack addicted dick sucking whore you are, fucking retard

yeah definitely wished they touched up some animations

The extra effort is much appreciated! ESPECIALLY the Blastoise thing.

hilarious how whenever anyone uses that pic it's being used over something trivial

Except all you do in those games is battle, so obviously animations take priority since what the fuck are you gonna buy the game for otherwise?

>Except all you do in those games is battle
That's all you do in the main games retard.

user, the level of quality in overworld animations in Gen 6 and 7 is about as bad as the battle animations in said games. They couldn't even be assed to make the player character emote. It's a matter of effort, Game Freak just doesn't want to do more than the bare minimum. If it actually was the case that Game Freak really, really wanted to make the games look better and just lacked the man-hours to do so, they could hire more people with their gargantuan profits which are currently mostly pocketed.

Posting Doduo's Fly animation from Stadium. The person who made this clearly liked their job or they wouldn't've done it.
youtube.com/watch?v=ttlPgh6Oirg

Took me too long to find it but here's what a Pokémon with actual wings looks like when using Fly in LGPE.

Attached: LGPE Pidgey Fly.webm (960x540, 2.41M)

Fly has been lazy in nearly every game. In Colosseum they just stand there in the air, not flapping their wings either.

jesus chirst that's bad

Attached: 1549349407449.png (719x771, 395K)

I wish the 3D models didn't look so god damn washed out and would animate more instead of just standing around

Attached: 1543545827710.gif (171x81, 110K)

a rock has more soul

This. The animations is what makes most of them look bad. They also butchered the contrast on most of their color pallets so they look mute now. GameFreak lost its soul, as much as meme as that is. You can see it quickly drain with each game since X/Y.

Attached: Chespin.png (213x154, 59K)

Attached: D23C9750-570D-440A-8534-E884A2B48E5B.gif (181x96, 129K)

Its kind of weird because sans the sand colored bits and the side holes he just kinda looks like a cartoon hippo. But not really enough to to cross the threshold to become a Pokemon. Honestly they should of always kept him half in the sand like the sprite unless he was jumping out to attack.

I wholeheartedly think the negative reception BW got broke Game Freak's spirit. They don't want another backlash so they play things as safe as possible and try to keep profit margins as hey as possible with cheap budgets and short deadlines. It's why we're never going to be free of KANTOOOOOOOOO pandering.

>since X/Y.
Gamefreak has never had soul. They just have the rights to one of the greatest ideas ever.

You mean basically have a pool of sand materialize around it when it spawns from its Pokéball? I think that could work, though you'd have to have some extra animations for certain moves like Dig to accomodate it.

they would if people stopped praising them for every lazy piece of shit they spit out and demand quality

It's even worse because BW were some of the best games in the series. The lack of old mons made it even better fight me.

why is it that 3D looked good 10 years ago but not now?

Attached: hydro pump.gif (500x295, 1018K)

Instant soul

Pokemon is the biggest media franchise in the world. It wouldn't kill them to put a little more effort into the animations.

not done by gamefreak

Because 10 years ago you had to put time and effort into making a computerized 3D model and during that process the artist spent so much time staring at their work that they could actually perfect little details. Nowadays you just throw shit in a blender and pop out a fully rendered 3D model in 10 minutes, and then click and drag limb pieces to create animation cycles.

unironically a million times better. all of the models are so washed out, no idea why

Did B/W really get a negative reception? I thought it was pretty well received. I mean they made B2/W2 which were also great, so there must have been some success.

Attached: tumblr_mocn0uet5z1s5h198o1_500.gif.b0cd4fa0bbd14599a0b6f5ddbd8463aa.gif (500x473, 168K)

genwunners hate it cuz no pidgey

Threadly reminder everything wrong with this franchise as it is today is because of genwun faggots who demand it pander to them then complain when the games are utter shit because they never understood what made the games good in the first place

>I thought it was pretty well received.
Core Pokémon fans mostly liked it. Lapsed fans hated it, really really hated it, and they were vocal because HGSS brought a lot of people back. It was specifically the lack of old 'mons that pissed so many people off; they all fixated on the few really terrible 'mons in the region like ice cream and trash bag and said "they're replacing our old favorites with THESE?" Game Freak responded by making BW2 and cramming the region with old 'mons, but the damage was done, which is why XY and SM both have more Kanto Pokémon in their regional Dexes than actual new Pokémon, and why the number of new 'mons has been below 100 for every game since BW (and probably will be below 100 for Sword and Shield as well).

look at him clunch his fists in inticipation for the water blasts about to leave his cannons at mach speed, it is anology for masuclinity itself and speaks to all men who picked squirtle on a universal level. I could be that pokemon, I could be shooting a double jet out of MY cannon.

Oh fuck, someone post the toucannon Z move.

Wasn't all 3D models before x and y done by Nintendo and not gamefreak?

Well I figured you could just have the ground portion have an effect that makes it appear swirling-ish (Nothing too big) and when dig comes it disappears and he just goes under. I dunno, just seems like they did the bare minimum to make him look anywhere close enough vs the sprite. In fact the whole Pokemon seems to be built around that position and pose and not having him look dynamic makes him look like a fat circle.

They were well received, but there was a lot of controversy over the Pokemon designs, the sudden shift to having a story (there were complaints that it took away from the adventure), and then the appearance of the games was controversial since it was partially 3D overworld with the moving sprites in battle (which I loved personally). Add in that it was at a time before Kanto pandering so people were actually wanting more of "the good old days" and you get a generation that sold well but is one of the worst selling overall.
Masuda was the director for BW, so it's clear he was able to direct a good set of games. GameFreak has definitely been scared into playing it safe now unfortunately.

Is there proof of this? I mean I know those people exist, but I find it hard to think they shouted the hardest. I guess the early 2010's were pretty bad in general with video games trying to casualize everything for no reason, so maybe that has something to do with it.

>proof
Nigger there is no possible way to get ""proof"". You can just tell though, with every single shitty /pol/-tier bait infographic the dumbfucks here post about the shitty fucking ice cream which isn't even as offensive a design as my mom's pet rat

I maintain the opinion that getting rid of the 2D overworld for 3D was a mistake. The chibi style looks unbelievably better than the abortions that gen 6 had, and even though 7 gave them more proper proportions, it still pales in comparison to the sprite overworld.
OR is so fucking ugly that I refuse to replay it.
>inb4 graphixfag
Sorry, but presentation absolutely matters. Just look at how far gen II gets wanked for their implementation of graphics.

Attached: southern_island_mega_bracelet.png (530x318, 253K)

I loved Gen 5. The Region and new mons were pretty good even if the starters were trash. Its a damn shame the anime ended up being so awful.

Xatu's battle model sucks, they only had it in because of gen 6's shitty air battles but for some reason gen 7 kept the crappy flying in the air model as its default.

Attached: 1372609604752.gif (500x500, 129K)

Which sucks because it was the best entry in the series.

Less Pokemon.

3D pokemon can be done well
but the mainline games are never going to reach that point
bring back sprites

Attached: garde render.jpg (2000x1598, 190K)

My evidence is mostly anecdotal. I was a senior in high school when HGSS released and Pokémania basically hit a renaissance, everyone got the game. BW1 came out, the same people got that because they were so hyped up from HGSS, and I think most of them didn't even play a quarter of the way through it before saying "this is shit" and dropping it. Admittedly I had a lackluster impression of it when I first played because I was of a similar "old 'mons are the best, anything new is shit" mindset, but I really appreciate BW in hindsight specifically for trying to do something new.

Why is this the only iteration of blastoise who uses his fucking cannons to shoot attacks.

XY makes you find more Kanto games than GS
XY gives mega evolutions to gen 1 among others from past gens
XY gives you one of the three kanto starters

Attached: 1464652088791.png (192x187, 86K)

LGPE had less than BR yet looked significantly worse

>hurr fuckin ice cream pokemon
>literal trash bag pokemon durr
Nobody actually has complaints about the game, just gen two kids design bitching.

>It was specifically the lack of old 'mons that pissed so many people off
This is the thing I love about BW. It forced me to try new Pokemon, and I ended up getting some new favorites like Krookodile and Conkeldurr.

As far as actual sales? B/W2 came out with the lowest sales at that point, because people
A) Wanted a 3DS game, the 3DS had just came out and people wanted a new pokemon on it
and
B) For some odd reason, saw the sequel games as more of a cash grab than the crystal-likes

Why does it look like its flashing its tits and winking suggestively.

why the hell are there so many washed-out pokemon? And why do they all look like plush toys? This is a big reason why I don't bother with pokemon anymore. There's no intensity in the game anymore.

Gen 5 was the last time gamefreak put more effort and make a fun game, everything after is just pure trash.

Attached: 1447348772824.jpg (190x179, 23K)

Which Gen would you guys recommend for someone wanting to get back into Pokemon who hasn't played since Gen 4?

Should I just go for the latest (or wait for SS), or check out one of the gens that came since then?

Attached: 1541742357562.png (583x642, 443K)

Post the Pokken webm of his Burst special.

As much as I like gen 5, the always moving sprites weren't a highlight.
It started the stupid trend where a lot of them are just leaning back and forth, which transferred over into the horrible 3D render animations.

simple saturation edit

Attached: fug.png (362x192, 6K)

That's just what it looks like

Attached: Hippowdon_DP065.png (1174x881, 960K)

Supposedly they made everything washed out to "match the watercolors." Except the end result doesn't look anything like watercolors, it just looks super faded.

Attached: 094.png (350x349, 174K)

Play BW. It's basically a soft reset and that's what makes it great.

>And why do they all look like plush toys?
There's your exact reason. If they look like toys in the games, kids will be more inclined to buy them irl

Yeah, it's not like it's off model or anything

gen 5 for really fast paced battles, fun pokemon to use and unlimited TM

Yeah cause normalfags hated Gen 5 so GF gave up and decided to Kantopander the series cause thats what normalfags fucking eat up.

No one wants battles to take 3 hours and the fags that do don't actually play these games. Unless you actually want to go back to Gen 4 battles.

Gen 5 had a shitload of great designs that also happened to be good stats wise to boot.
Clearly the jump to 3d was a bridge too far.

What made BW shit wasn't the mon pool it was the story that didn't let you do a damn thing until the post game (and the lackluster postgame)

play romhacks. I don't see how an adult could enjoy just a regular old gamefreak game, especially the newer ones

You can just turn the battle effects off jackass.

>color = soul
OH NO NO NO

1: What happened with Black and White?
2: So they literally went Sonic Team and quit trying after Unleashed failed to get the reception they were hoping for with all that effort.

I tried one once and it instantly went into shitty fanfic territory. Been turned off them ever since.

yeah pokemon had such deep thoughtful stories

The problem is that while it's not wrong, it's still fucking lame because it's not in a dynamic pose at all.
Typhlosion is another example. Yeah, he doesn't always have the fire band up, but that doesn't not make him look fucking dumb without it.

Attached: 1495297198087.jpg (1241x800, 115K)

*tink* *tink* *tink*
Ahem...

FUCK XATU and FUCK TROPIUS

Attached: VSSky_Trainer_M.png (400x240, 77K)

>What happened with Black and White?
genwunners, journalists and normalfags didn't like it because they couldn't catch a zubat, pidgey or rattata

This.
Blaze Black and Volt White are pretty good, the game is still shit but at least the battles are more intense, like holy shit I love 6 on 6 triple battles against gym leaders.

pretty sure you could catch zubats in BW

Real shame about Xatu. Since canonically he hardly ever fucking moves. Flying ruins the whole totem pole aesthetic

Black and White tried to give a new "Gen 1" experience, not by remaking Gen 1 for the millionth time, but by having a new region with no old Pokémon (until you reach the postgame) and almost no ties to the previous generations. It wasn't received well.

This. This was the future you fags chose.

Attached: 1550447183311.gif (600x338, 1.18M)

gamefreak is too lazy to make 2 poses for each pokemon, a dynamic on the offense pose when in battle with trainers and another that is passive and calm during wild

You're thinking Wubat.
Which didn't fucking help much, honestly. The callbacks only made people go "wtf, they're ripping off gee wun fucking garbage".

Why does GF go with the whitewashed desaturated colors?

Attached: 1505152814525.jpg (462x350, 15K)

>just turn them off bro
Just play the game in 0.75x speed bro.

>1: What happened with Black and White?

Shit mons, visual noise in the form of terrible sprite animations and paved the way for the retarded story shit in every gen to come.

I absolutely love the original pokemon art with the watercolors. So much soul.
>Supposedly they made everything washed out to "match the watercolors."
Yeah they definitely failed big time on that. lazily making everything pale will never give you a good watercolor effect. It's not just the color, it's the texture. GF should've done something like what Okami did but the watercolor equivalent. But of course, that's too much work for a multi-billion dollar flagship IP and retards will eat up anything that gets put out anyways.

I was really hoping that after Gen 6, they'd start tweaking the models. They don't have to make all new models, but at the VERY least start giving them more interesting poses and attack animations. Don't just build the foundation then stop building the structure.

>we want pokemon to be different from the usual versions
>why is this version so different? i want to catch my pikachu REEEEEEEE

Attached: catpc.jpg (400x298, 22K)

>Joltik
>shit
Motherfucker, I will cut you

I will never forgive Gamefreak for what they did to Eelektross in X/Y and onwards.

Nothings cooler than when a pokemon is too big to fit in frame

Attached: regigigas.png (80x80, 1K)

Allegedly, they tried matching watercolors.
The problem being watercolor doesn't translate to 3D well at all.

Attached: 047Parasect.png (431x431, 137K)

Sprites have always been better. Anyone who says otherwise is just a shill. Even the BW sprite, while not as dynamic as the others, still looks fantastic.

The sad thing is that Sword and Shield models for the pokes look to be unchanged

Attached: hippowdon.gif (84x62, 44K)

>"You can't have decent animations because I am a lazy faggot who can't use the settings menu"
What are you a fucking games journalist?

Somebody said it finally.

get a normal one that just adds all the pokes and changes the difficulty then you stupid nigger
wtf

I imagine the reason the 3D models are so simple is because there are so many of them.
Is there any other RPG that isn't an MMO with as many fully animated 3D models as a modern Pokemon title? There are over 800 of them now and more to come.

How would the water spawning on blastoise cannons instead of his mouth increase the animation time exactly?

It does this in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon too. That's less a problem with the sprite but more a problem with the Pokemon's design. The sprites are a single flat image so of course they need to convey the Pokemon in dynamic poses.

Attached: GBA--Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team_Feb15 9_19_24.png (240x160, 13K)

>but there are 800 of them
Boo fucking hoo, Pokemon is the highest grossing IPs on the planet, god forbid they have to spend some more time making it look like not shit.
Go fuck yourself.

Attached: 1478805159267 2.png (500x500, 77K)

yeah, maybe they should go back to pixel but they won't because that takes more work

Fucking Stadium did too. GF are lazy hacks

It's like that one frieza gif, you know the one.

Why not let the player just hold A to speed up animations.

Well it's no indie dev work, it's literally the best selling game franchise ever, you'd think they of all companies have the money to put all that effort.

>There are over 800 of them now and more to come.
Which is why Pokemon sooner or later is going to collapse on itself.

How did we go from this...

Attached: eelektross.gif (500x414, 156K)

This is the truth. Gen 5 was amazing and had actual effort put into it but normies cried about not being swarmed by ratata and pidgey and we get nothing but genwun pandering for the foreseeable future. God I hate this retarded normie fanbase so fucking much

I don't think it's the scale that causes it to look so bad, because LGPE reduced the game down to the original 151 and it arguably looks WORSE than the 3DS games.

Attached: mewtwo used fly.webm (1920x1080, 1.45M)

youtube.com/watch?v=Ryf9VAwTMG8

Attached: 1526526100055.png (337x613, 246K)

That's fair, but then they were made for futureproof, and since they created them, the models have not had new animations, barely any if at all (like a walking animation), so you could understand for XY, but the new ganes since then don't make any effort.

...TO THIS?

Attached: NotMyEelektross.gif (111x70, 202K)

Yet people do nothing but seethe B/W. Probably my favorite Gen because of the amount of detail they put into them. Genwunners and fucking casualfags ruined the series making GF basically shit the bed saying "why put in the effort?"

that "muh 800" doesn't work here

Attached: 1524524118023.webm (672x378, 2.38M)

Yes, it is

Attached: flamethrower.png (800x480, 216K)

And it looked lame there too.
It is not just a problem with the design, because almost every single animation in the 3DS games are just a damn near a static pose of them swaying left to right, or perpetually flying.

My nigga. It looks fucking retarded floating in the air like a fucking windsock. The BW sprite had so much character. 3D models COULD be better but they're so fucking lazy its basically an excuse to have no new animations or poses forever.

IS THIS LEAKED POKÉMON SWORD AND SHIELD ANIME???!!!

Well it does have levitate.

Every time.

Attached: 1538353850675.gif (268x325, 1.96M)

Maybe they shouldn't have went to 3D then if they couldn't properly handle 800 models.

It's a turn based RPG. What are you expecting? Then to hand animate how each Pokemon fights each other? This isn't the anime.

OH NONONONO

Attached: download.png (296x170, 8K)

The story wasn't even that intrusive and you still had a lot of places to freely explore without having a Lillie or a Hau stopping you every single minute. Fight me all you want, but N's story in general was pretty well developed and gave us the first trainer in a Pokemon story to fight you with a box legendary at the final fight, instead of yet another "become the champion" goal.

Listening to his true battle theme was also a really good touch also, just as good as almost all the BW OST.

Attached: DtknlthV4AANyYr.jpg (1379x965, 170K)

>genwunners
genwunners don't give a shit about anything other than Go and LGPE, newgenners are the ones defending gen 6 onwards
eventually you're going to have to realize genwunners are a boogeyman and that the biggest problems with the series are the shiteating fanbase and GF themselves

>What are you expecting?
Some not fucking garbage animations, you chode.

>fuck this gay earth

They did it in the old stadium games. Pokemon is one of the largest multimedia franchises of all time, they can hire some fucking animators. If they did a good job once they would never have to again, that was supposed to be part of the appeal of 3D models but its just an excuse for laziness.

See

i don't understand how some pokefags can sleep knowing how they ruined the franchise
t. genwunner

You know what yes. I can't expect it but I would gladly pay double for that. I'd honestly live with a cut down pokedex if all the mons they used had decent animation sets. The whole point of the series is monster cockfighters duking it out.

The worst part about this change is how it made tricking brainlets harder. I can't count the number of earthquakes I absorbed because people didn't think it had levitate...

I like how the gym leaders actually did shit in BW1.

maybe they should stop making bloat games and make fun games

Attached: 1551726894662.png (645x773, 11K)

Peak Pokemon was gen 2, 3 and 4. Cystal, Emerald, and Platinum are the best Pokemon games. After gen 4 it has been a steady decline in quality. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just retarded or a newfag or both.

gen 2 is trash

Nigger I'm not even talking about the move animations, I'm talking about the neutral ones, the ones that you're going to be seeing the most, their normal poses. Even if it looks like during an attack, it still looks like normally. It's the same with flying pokemon, it's the same with almost all of them. They just look so bad and incredibly lazy during their normal pose.

Attached: 1537836145418.png (918x990, 1.44M)

You have no idea what you're talking about

Xatu's model is fine
The animation on the other hand sucks ass

They decided to fix the animation, that's pretty based

>The problem being watercolor doesn't translate to 3D well at all.
Skyward Sword pulled it off with the backgrounds pretty well with a weird depth filter.

That's just how the design is, whether you like it or not. Nobody complains that heliolisk's frill isn't open all the time, because it's not supposed to be open all the time. Same for typhlosion's collar.
Not defending how generic many pokemons' 3D models are, just sick of people complaining about the badger when that's just what it is.

Will we ever get a Pokemon games as good as BW and BW2? Sad how they peaked at gen 5 and rapidly declined from there.

That image is a scan from old artwork, so it being washed out adds on to the light water color-ness, otherwise that light gray would be much darker.

Why shouldn't it flare up during an attack? It's more dynamic and interesting

A lot of people talk about how "fun" gen 5 was but honestly about 90% of the dex looks like fucking fake mons (the 10% that don't look amazing though)
It would be nice if gamefreak would just chill out for about 5 years and make a quality product.
It's just not possible to do it when we get a new pokemon game every other year.

3 was the foundation for great things, 4 built on it immensely and 5 perfected it. 5 is peak Poke.

Holy shit.

Attached: 0fad4836afb45c84a92a56e488761ff6_500.jpg (363x500, 31K)

Imagine not being able to read on a forum website.

humble reminder

Attached: 1516151245852.png (1366x1122, 1.55M)

And yet they fixed absolutely zero of the problems that Black and White had and even doubled down on them with the games that came after. GF are just shitty developers.

>post a static image of a neutral pose
>act like that's how it always looks
Every freaking time. Why purposely deceive people?

OH NOEZ THE EEL DOES THE EEL THING!

this, 5 is best
just look at the pokemon sprite work and see why

>Anyone who thinks otherwise is just retarded or a newfag or both.

You could have had a good nice opinion to argue about, but then you had to act like an absolute faggot.

Gen 5 was actually the last generation where Game Freak actually put some effort, reason why B2W2 is considered a top 3 in the mainline franchise. I can agree that the 3DS era and onward has been terrible so far.

>Why shouldn't it flare up during an attack?
How did you even derive that from my post? Why shouldn't it look like it's ready to attack at any point DURING A BATTLE?

>this was in an official Pokemon game

Attached: GO009S.png (256x256, 67K)

this. HGSS was good because the improved mechanics introduced in Gens 3 & 4 improved the core game, exposing the flaws of GSC.

Almost as terrifying a thought as being unable to form an argument properly. I'm sorry you have that affliction

Is there any reason to play BW1 over BW2?

>tfw I will never relive the excitement of booting up B/W, running into the grass, and having no fucking idea what I was going to see
Fuck you nostalgiafags that demand half the dex be kanto mons again and again and again. No game will recapture that feeling of adventure and discovery again. Instead we get "hey le 90 kids remember Pokemania and pikachu xxD" ad infinitum.

yea that adding useless shit like pokemon following you instead of fixing things makes games great dont need to remind me

It's just because of the feet, and the top of its head being visible

Is it not more interesting to have a Fire type Pokemon that ISN'T constantly on fire, when so many are? Why are you so afraid to answer the question?

Gen 5 sprites are unironically more animated than the 3D models.

Same to you.

>neutral pose
>during a battle
Imagine if you fight another man and instead of being in any stance what so ever he's just standing there like this.

Attached: stock-photo-portrait-of-a-man-standing-in-black-t-shirt-and-black-jeans-isolated-full-length-on-whit (300x470, 17K)

Yeah, you get more out of a BW2 play-through if you have a BW1 save.

Yes, B2W2 are sequels to the first versions instead of a third version like Emerald or Platinum, so a lot of things are different. It's the only generation where I totally recommend playing both games.

Attached: 1522456952062.jpg (1000x920, 142K)

I actually like the dex and story more, its a fun experience building a team with just gen 5 mons. BW2 is fucking packed with content though, I'd still play BW1 first.

Kek, good one, typical of a gen 5 apologist.

Don't you have grade school tomorrow? Go to bed or your mom will yell at you.

He looks pretty menacing there desu

The worst part of Gen V was all the pokemon having ridiculous evolution levels. I was hyped for Braviary, but training a Rufflet to level 54? What the fuck were they thinking?

thats almost scarier

>Why are you so afraid to answer the question?
Why didn't you read his post if you're gonna reply? Its neutral pose looks fucking BORING. You don't need to make the neutral pose look shitty to make the attacking pose look good. Prove me wrong, instead of answering questions with more questions.

Being able to recycle model assets from game to game should still afford them the opportunity to improve and tweak animation on them as time goes on.

But they blow all their focus on new gimmicks that they'll immediately drop as the next game comes along. And even the new gimmicks will be half-assed as most of the Z-Moves show.

looks alot better

During a battle, you'd expect the pokemon in question to be battle ready, rather than just standing like a limp hotdog.
>Why are you so afraid to answer the question?
Because that question was never a part of the conversation in the first place and you had to pull it out of your ass to deflect? Never once did I even begin to imply that it shouldn't be on fire while attacking. Why are you intentionally making shit up?

You ever notice how boxers and martial artists IN REAL LIFE have neutral stances and aren't just standing there with their fists cocked back at all times?
That gen II sprite is an especially bad pose because it leave it wide open

Honestly cant say other than the fact that when I played bw1 I hated it but then played bw2 it was fucking awesome and my favorite pokemon.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

>can't even get Volcarona before reaching Ghetsis unless you grind hard
>having to train a Zweilous to a whooping Lv62 for Hydreigon
>way after finishing the main game

They got way too carried with that stuff.

Attached: DvW7_j_UYAAx3Wf.jpg (1250x1164, 333K)

Yea Forums's never been in a real fight

>more ways to interact with your mons is bad
Leme guess too, MUH LEVEL CURVE!
That and the early game pokemon distribution is the only complaints people have for that game, so it always gets blown out of proportion.
They don't fucking matter when pretty much everything people want is postgame.

Thats the beauty of it

I was excited for Sword and Shield when it was revealed, and then every ounce of excitement was such from my mortal body once Masuda's stupid fucking face showed up on screen.

Attached: 1550946542725.jpg (720x720, 55K)

>Its neutral pose looks fucking BORING
It's a neutral pose, not an attack animation, and it's significantly more interesting for it to flare up. Sorry, but you're objectively wrong.

Thanks for the essay, but it's a yes or no question.

>stands completely still in a relaxed stance, waiting for you to make the first move
if I was an anime character about to fight this guy, I'd be shitting myself desu

Attached: 1552178795387.jpg (1000x621, 195K)

Does anyone have the picture with the games sorted by director?
Have some Diamond and Platinum in return.

Attached: Commoner.jpg (236x393, 19K)

You ever notice how once the battle starts IN REAL LIFE they fucking do have stances?

At this point I believe he's showing himself as much as possible in interviews and videos just to piss people off.

I fucking don't understand why we're still using the flying animations when they stopped doing Sky Battles after Gen VI

>On-Standby Pokemon shouldn't look like they're on standby
Animation is easier and better in 2D. In any format. How any of you expected the move from 2D to 3D to be an upgrade, rather than a tradeoff in Gen 6 is beyond me.
Especially when you watch anime

Try harder with your bait.
Gen 5 is when the fans started realizing Game Freak stopped trying as hard. They know making these Pokemon games prints money though so good luck with 5 years.
Gen 2 was the foundation, 3 added to it, and 4 perfected it. There I fixed that for you. 5 being peak poke is laughable.
Imagine thinking Gen 5 had more effort than gen 2 which included another region which no other game has done Lmao. At least you realize the series has gone downhill though.

AAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
*WHEEEEZE*
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA

Attached: Jimmy_and_Typhlosion.png (320x240, 131K)

>he grew up with sjw pokemon

kek

Attached: 200px-124Jynx_RB.png (200x192, 61K)

Don't you first find dienos at level 50-60? Pretty sure most of them are post 40 to start with. Makes it annoying in the other ones though when you find them at like 5. Also the gen 5 games had Audinos which were EXP fountains.

Boxers keep their fists raised at all times when fighting. That is NOT a neutral stance, which is more like

Attached: 755b0148e4f2d5818342fcbc45d0e5ae--mike-tyson-mike-dantoni.jpg (236x290, 12K)

But their neutral stance isn't just standing there, staring into space. They're usually dancing around and still have their fists up. Typhlosion should at least be hunched over, fire shooting from its back. Not even on all fours, just hunched over like it's going to pounce or run or dodge or fucking do SOMETHING.

Attached: 1544050094473.png (288x288, 70K)

Based

what post game dont tell you count awful kanto as that?
No gen 2 is trash faggot

I think the sweet spot is somewhere in between. You evolve way too fast in most games, 3rd stage evolutions should be a power spike about 60-70% through the game. You barely see the 1st or 2nd stage forms if you just let them evolve normally. Its odd to have fully evolved pokemon at like the 4th gym meaning your team has no more power to gain.

>it's not the same as it was 20 years ago so it's shit
Let's just end the thread here. I'll sum up the argument against models in one image.

Attached: Opinion Flowchart.png (361x281, 8K)

Imagine being so ass at raising Pokemon and blaming it on the level curve.

soulful

That looks more like the sprite, though. There's no fire, but his legs and arms are in similar positions.

Deino is found at level 38-40.

>b-but two regions

Kanto in GSC was an afterthought, reason why it was so barren in the original games. It was only until HGSS when they actually turned it into an actual region. Mind you, I really appreciate having that kind of postgame to explore, but that doesn't compensate having a horrendous level curve and actual fucking Johtomons available in fucking Kanto.

Jesus Christ it looks like a glitch

>gen 5 offered good bug types capable to stand a battle
>never again they release good bug types

Nigga they the same

More post game than any other Pokemon game, actually.
>I hate the most popular region because im contrarian and so it doesn't count
lol okay

Find me a single video of a fight breaking out where both the dudes just stare at each other arms down like fucking human pencils.

nope i hate gen 2 cause its trash

that's the problem of pre-3d designed pokemon - some were made with the idea of being static

>which included another region
You mean the one that was literally copied and pasted from a previous game on the same system, and had no story or order you had to complete anything in?

Attached: 1549335192409.jpg (433x427, 86K)

>ignoring the pleathora of cool Bug types in Gen 7 like Ribombee or Golisopod
>ignoring the absolute monsters that are Ultra Beasts

C'mon user.

Attached: 1544055681937.jpg (648x1186, 171K)

>It's a neutral pose, not an attack animation
You failed to prove me wrong; it's still boring.
>it's significantly more interesting for it to flare up
Why can't it flare up in its neutral pose, and then flare up MORE when attacking? That gives the best of both worlds.
>Thanks for the essay, but it's a yes or no question.
Not him, but fuck off. Don't quote people with words they never said. Don't ask questions to refute statements the person never made.

>Boxers keep their fists raised at all times when fighting.
The 3D typlosion has it's arms raised, where as the 2d one was t-posed like a retarded zoomer. It can't protect itself like that

The arms aren't down, though

No the whole fucking map. You get the rematches against the gym leaders with new teams, the frontier, the custom safari, the radio stations that change spawn tables and all the legendary encounters.

johtofags are just delusional, contrarian genwunfags who think they're any better because HGSS let you play in two regions at once, while simultaneously ignoring horrible level scaling and the other plethora of problems with it

Battle Frontier is still yet to be topped in post game, so until then kill yourselves

What? Gen 7 has some based bugs. I fucking love Golisopod and araquanid.

The real crime is that right after Bug getting some genuinely usable Pokemon, GameFreak added Fairy, the best type in the game, and had it resist bug.

Attached: 1547599309493.jpg (354x326, 41K)

Golisopod is trash though, should've mentioned Araquanid. Now that is a based bugmon.

>B-BUT MUH ANIME
Quote where I said it looked good in the anime. It looked shit then, it looks shit now.

Golisopod is best bug.

honestly, as cool as going to Kanto was in GSC, I think it ends up hurting Gen 2 because all the space they used for Kanto could've been used to expand Johto.

Go easy on him. Johtoddlers just got blown the fuck out in the last thread.

Attached: Rodents.png (640x290, 26K)

Golisopod is a rape machine, what the fuck are you smoking

>likes linearity in Pokemon
>likes story in Pokemon
Unovafags and Alolafags please fucking go back to /vp/

PWT >BF

Attached: 1545924147020.png (540x406, 253K)

>tfw I actually like HGSS and BW
Not gonna pretend that they didn’t have problems but I enjoyed the fuck out of them.

He is trash if you are small brain yeah.

>The 3D typlosion has it's arms raised
But it doesn't; they're literally facing downward.

>It was only until HGSS when they actually turned it into an actual region
It really didn't add all that much, just stuff like Viridian Forest and Cerulean Cave that got cut due to space.

Iwata is the reason Kanto is even there, the developers were having trouble fitting the game onto a single cart, so Iwata came in and fixed their shit programming and was able to add (most of) Kanto as well.

>Why can't it flare up in its neutral pose, and then flare up MORE when attacking?
Because a flare-up is a "sudden outburst of something", and keeping its fire on all the time would not be flaring up.

PBR wasn't a great console x-pack for Diamond/Pearl and it did reuse Stadium and Colosseum/Gale of Darkness models out the ass for pre-Gen IV Pokemon, but everything else was pretty good while it ran at a full 60 FPS too, without any particular visuals looking out of place plus trainers didn't look bad either if memory serves right. Doesn't have the same animation autism like Stadium but Pokemon actually move up to hit their opponent with physical attacks that make contact.

Too bad that fucking Gamefreak knows they can get away with bare minimum effort, the Switch can sure as hell handle a full-on RPG with PBR's style.

Fairy doesn't resist bug, but the fact that bug isn't x2 to fairy is a crime.

Oi oi, don't talk shit about Golisopod. Araquanid is really cool also, same as Vikavolt, shame the latter got stuck with retardedly bad Speed.

Attached: 1523244092446.jpg (1024x1024, 1.93M)

>has to rely on weak priority moves to deal damage, otherwise slow as shit
>forced switch for a meme move that is easy to exploit

Golisopodfags are the worst, they are retards who miss the point of the pokemon being

Pokemon has always been mostly linear.

Yes it does

>He actually had a rough time because of a level curve
awww

>copied and pasted
>implying it was even that
Here's your Viridian Forest bro.

Attached: Kanto_Route_2_GSC.png (320x864, 31K)

I fucked up and read the chart wrong.

>le fairy is broken meme

the point (that you missed completely) that, despite claims that the 3d version didn't look "battle ready", you can clearly see that it is.

Nigga you go through KANTOOO in less than 2 hours, it's a barren wasteland.

oh user you're so dumb

Gen 2 is fucking easy but the terrible curve doesn't allow you to diversify due to terrible exp gains.

>weak priority move
You are really fucking bad at pokemon apparently. You abuse the ability to hit shit with priority and get free switches. If your talking about in competitive pokemon then who really gives a fuck?

Vikavolt can kind of work if you build it bulky as hell and use it to pivot other shit in with juiced volt switches. Its still fucking gay that its speed is like that though.

The true travesty is how we went from these beautiful fully animated trainer sprites in BW2 to boring still images in Gen 6.

Attached: 9BSB.gif (250x306, 80K)

Do you not have eyes? Can you not see the difference in stance between the 3D model and anime pose?

Linearity is good for an RPG, because it ensures a proper level progression, which despite being linear is something Johto doesn't have. You're still encountering wild Pokemon at level 17 and 18 between the 7th and 8th gym, when your Pokemon should be around the late 30's, early 40's. It's retarded.

Attached: 1552014166847.png (520x549, 225K)

Unironically yes, compare water colors or 2D cells to digital animation or CG.

I don't see how it being an afterthought takes away from what I've stated in the slightest. It is still impressive and hasn't been replicated even though the technology has improved.
You morons forget this was on the GBC. With the tech today they could easily make a multi region pokemon game.

Who could ever have a rough time with GSC's level curve when it made trainers way WEAKER than you and made you steamroll through almost the whole game? What kind of logic are you even using?

Why the hostility? I'm just saying Golisopod is a really cool Pokemon, even if it's not even in my top 3 of favorite Bug-types. Did one wiped your team or something for you to be so mad?

Attached: 1523243458275.jpg (564x668, 56K)

>priority moves are bad when shit like talonflame owned gen 6
You don't have to press first impression every time you know, learn to fake your opponent.
Also I'm sorry you think 90 damage STAB priority is bad.

Can we all just agree that typhlosion's design is to blame instead of its 3D model's pose and move on?
Let's talk about shit like swellow and the other gliding flying types' poses and animations. Did any of them turn out ok? I genuinely can't think of a single good one.

I didn't say Fairy is broken, but it's definitely the best type in the game.

>muh Johto
>half of the new Pokemon 1% chance encounters
>the rest are just Kanto Pokemon
>a chunk of the "Johto" Pokemon can't even be caught in Johto
The absolute fucking state of Gen 2.

>no argument
>resort to childish insults
based

>fully animated
>tweening shit
lol what the fuck are you talking about

I'm more annoyed that it's ability is literally just a re-named version of it's Pre-evo's ability. like, what, you're telling me this thing doesn't have Shell/Battle Armor?

That's still animated.

>Johto was supposed to be gen 5 instead of a sequel to RBY
The absolute state at pedantics.

That's good, it forces you to look for the new Pokemon and explore instead of them being handed to you.

Not him, but there is a clear difference between the anime and game stance. I posted and you completely ignored me because I'm right and you can't just meme it away.

>a quarter of them are shitty baby Pokemon or trade evolutions

>no argument
>resorts to pulling shit out of his ass
upboat.

that's the point, you can literally finish the game with any pokemon, they only stand out in more intense fights like competitive or the Battle X areas, which golisopod suffers

Golisopodfags

still doesn't change the fact that Gen 6 was "2D Artwork wants to fight!" and a pokeball is thrown from nowhere.

Attached: file.png (400x240, 135K)

>You morons forget this was on the GBC. With the tech today they could easily make a multi region pokemon game.
Seriously? When was the last time you played a pokemon game? They can't even finish a single region you think they are going to make a game twice as big "easily"? God forbid adding fucking 3 or more.

Gale Wings meant all flying type moves are priority, meaning non-weak shit. Also First Impression is lame.

dont forgot awful unneeded baby pokemon

Attached: 748516.png (600x600, 169K)

>competitive pokemon
Its pretty decent in battle facilities though, you can either setup and sweep or use emergency exit to take pot shots and switch in a counter.

Nah. It's shit, and Gen 7 encounter rate is shit for the same reason. Half the dex is just 5% chance of finding a Gen 7 Pokemon in one specific patch of grass.

No shit it was the gen that first introduced breeding and items. The games didn't exist in a vacuum.

It works on Skarmory at least. It's a shame because refresh/amie shows they have on-ground animation.

but user, with breeding you can get an awesome SWEET KISS RAICHU! that totally justifies the addition of baby pokemon which can only be obtained by breeding two Gen 1 pokemon!

Jesus why the fuck is gamefreak so fucking lazy?

>there's a clear difference but i can't say what it is!
Nice!
>claim the sky is libtard rainbow color
>actual sane people walk away
>THEY MUST KNO I'M RITE!
well argued
>>no argument
>>resorts to pulling shit out of his ass
That's what you did, yes

>Talonflame

I still can't believe that name got through. even Fiarrrow was better, or French's Flambusard.

Even the gym leaders in Johto didn't use Gen II pokemon

Attached: comic193.png (650x972, 258K)

Still much better than what happened to VII. Also VI has high quality trainer models unlike VII's retarded semi-chibi shit.

I like baby pokemon, but I'm also most interested when they talk about pokemon as actual animals and stuff with predators stuff like that. So I appreciate baby forms as a logical existence. Its weird as fuck to have a fully grown lapras burst out of an egg.

>Kangaskhan's baby falls out during the double kick
kek

I honestly prefer BW1 for actually trying something different from the usual Pokemon formula. It goes right back to said formula in BW2.

Attached: 3411c2c37249d728236b2bf6a5a8f622.jpg (700x700, 558K)

>>there's a clear difference but i can't say what it is!
I knew you'd say that, that's why I waited to point out that I ALSO posted this , which you also ignored because I'm right.

Attached: 1543695181402.jpg (718x628, 110K)

you can literally do something like Tyrogue yet they just introduced babies without adding substance.

Remember Toucannon
youtube.com/watch?v=Ryf9VAwTMG8

>pokemon used to get different sprites between each version of a gen
>pokemon now have the same models with no changes or improvements for three gens
>colosseum recycled models from stadium

Stadium 2 is the last time anyone gave a shit about what pokemon 3d models did and it's been fucking forever ago, we're gonna get a mainline pokemon game on a home console and the models and battles are still gonna look like ass. I'd take no more new pokemon if it meant improving how the battles looked and meant dungeons instead of hallways, I'm sick of this shit

Your personal bias doesn't change the fact its the highest DPS priority move in the game on a mon with 125 BASE attack that also gets stab from it.

>no argument
>resorts to pulling shit out of his ass
upboat
Careful not to spend this (you) all in one place, champ.

>one hit move that can get exploited and is easily predictable

it's not even useful in campaign

>This bird flies through sheer force of anger.

Then choose your team wisely, retard.
If its easy, then you would know not to change your team if you somehow struggle with playing the game because of it.
It also ensures boring handholdy gameplay too, which you seem to enjoy.
>it was easy
No different than any other Pokemon game then.
Next

That looks nothing like the sprite, though

Yes it is. How are you so bad you can't make use of a 90 BP stab move coming off 125 base attack? I would one shot even resisted sweeper mons with it.

They could easily make a multi region games. Its just that you and the other idiots/normalfags buy Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pickachu and the devs think "Why should we even try when we know it will sell to the idiot masses regardless"

TL;DR They have no incentive to try anymore now that Pokemon is basically a money printing franchise at this point.

>It also ensures boring handholdy gameplay too, which you seem to enjoy.
Real nice glossing over the level distribution. Good deflection.

>no argument
>resorts to childish insults
No (yous) for (you) chief

I would be fine if you caught it early.

can someone look at the art for veteran trainer in sun and moon and tell me why the fuck the pokemon company has no idea how a fucking goatee works? It's the worst thing I've ever seen in my life, someone post a pic I'm lazy

GameFreak won't do shit because fans will praise whatever they do anyways
Pokemon sells literally the most and they've got 2019 technology, they could do ANYTHING more so than any other developer
But holy shit, when trailers for X/Y came out people praised the fact that you could now walk diagonally

laziness
gamefreak is a terribly inept company

Gen 5 truly feels like the last time Game Freak tried, when all of the KANTOOOOOfags complained about it not having muh original mons they realized they could just milk shitty gen 1 nostalgia forever. You can argue over if gen 5 is better than the previous gens or not but it's plainly obvious that starting with gen 6 gamefreak stopped trying.

Yes, eels definitely float in mid air when out of water.

Looks more like the sprite than like the 3D model. Its legs are apart, its arms are in motion, and it's hunched over. It's a dynamic pose, which couldn't be said for the 3D model.

It doesn't force you to do anything, getting new pokemon is completely optional.
Wasting hours headbutting trees hoping to find a heracross only punishes the players that know about it in the first place because nobody else is going to bother searching without knowing what they are trying to find (or if they can even find anything to begin with)

No one has ever said that in regards to Pokemon

that's the point you retard, the game is easy enough so his gimmick is ultimately busybody

also johto is linear as fuck yet don't progress

you can easily tell what move a golisopod would do because that's literally its meme move

@454177085
>no argument
>resorts to childish insults
No (you) for (you), chief.

I hate that people bitched about the black and white designs, there were some fucking gems in there.

imagine wanting an ice cream cone emoji over any random gen 1-4 mon. LOL
I don't think it was a bad thing they added OG moons but you are right that they are whoring nostalgia though.

Gen 2 is an example on how multiregion sucks, even HGSS did shit about it.

Vanilluxe is a great Pokemon. I don't get why people hate it. It's not like it's it's the first time a Pokemon had been based off an object.

Attached: 1470668952620.jpg (1000x1000, 310K)

>he actually believed the hyperbolic praise

I bet you think people unironically praised being able to sit on benches

They don't stand on feet, either, brainlet
>Its legs are apart,
You mean...like in the 3D model
>its arms are in motion,
That's a freaking lie
>and it's hunched over
No more than the 3D model
GG no re, johtoddler

No one gives a FUCK about competitive battles outside of a few autists. Golisopod is based in game, thats all that matters to me.

I'll take it over a literal poke ball with DBZ eyes scribbled on or a pile of eggs any day.

>They could easily make a multi region games
They should focus on making one region good first.

Attached: 1540957070390.png (411x412, 296K)

God I miss Gen 5, even if the comp meta was shit.
>yfw this theme comes on

youtube.com/watch?v=CudEQjPKSNs

Holy fuck, I legit teared up the first time I heard it, god damn, such a simple addition and it makes such a huge impact.

fuck that low hp song though, I get it, they tried, but should have given us the option to turn it off

Attached: 1528832734565.png (566x664, 127K)

Like I said, learn to fake.
If they have an espeon out and you send out goli what do you think is going to happen?
Stop using the move as a crutch and swords dance instead.

>Dude, Muk and Voltorb were great designs!
>What the fuck, a garbage bag and an ice cream cone? they must be running out of ideas!

thinking emoji.

Gen 5 was a lot like Gen 3 where it gave you just a whole menagerie of new pokemon. Ever since then we've gotten meh but then they focus on Gen 1 wanking (Mega evos, Alolan forms). I really hope they don't do it again to suck Gen 1's dick some more for Gen 8.

I wish your mom dropped you. Really, REALLY hard.

Yeah man, clearly I love LGPE, you could deduct this from the fact that I just called Kanto a shitty barren wasteland, which just comes to show you my love for a lack of content. Are you retarded or what?
The multiregion idea fucking sucks, they aren't going to remake an old game on top of a new game every time, that's a ridiculous task. What they should do is focus on making one single region that's actually well designed and decently sized instead.

SEETHING

i win

nevermind I'll post it myself, what the fuck is this guy's mouth doing, how the fuck is this official art

it's
FUCKING
EMBARRASSING.

Attached: SM_Veterans_Saito.png (1061x1200, 629K)

legit, would porting the Wii Game models fix the 3DS model problem or even just importing the animations. Because when I was like 10 I had this idea that you could have universal animations based on Egg Groups and your Pokemon would be in different positions like pic related would be "Lax Nature animation" and etc.

Attached: main-qimg-18cb5d49a3fa54faa28534efb2e21469.jpg (602x339, 51K)

Its not an object its literally a food.

If I picked up an eel and put it on the ground, do you think it would magically fly like a windsock or flop around with its fins?
>its supposed to emulate swimming
It looks like fucking SHIT

Are we just going to ignore that fly always looked that bad in 3D?

Put all the drawing budget into hex maniac, ace trainer, and ranger.

BLEACHED

don't all water pokemon float though, is electross not a water type?

I loved how BW2 added in different gym themes.
youtu.be/I-VQ5-UWm0s

Attached: 82882AD4-189D-4554-9859-CD76F0C934E4.jpg (562x789, 104K)

what is Exeggcute?

>gen 6's shitty air battles but for some reason gen 7 kept the crappy flying in the air model as its default
That's because, as you said, they made the flying models for air battles, but then when they got rid of them Gamefreak was too lazy to make new models for the flying pokemon, so they left them as they were.

Its actually sentient icicles, an object. Its not literally ice cream.

It is not, its electric. It does have levitate though.

Eelektross has Levitate, I don't understand the argument here.

>Eel pokemon
>has levitate
>floats in the air like an eel would swim in water

This is bait, isn’t it?

Swallow razor blades in front of your mother and let her live with the pain of having to watch you die.

are there any other non-water type marine animals?

Though I guess it could just sit on the ground like dragonair or something

but I didn't mention competitive, my point is that you do pointless shit to make him work

It's not an eel. It's an Eelektross.

The pokemon have perfectly servicable "on the ground" animations used for Pokemon Amie. It's peak lazy.

Attached: file.png (300x168, 79K)

>look at him clunch his fists in inticipation for the water blasts about to leave his cannons at mach speed
little shit like this is what make GOOD animation impressive and charming
nice catch
>Because 10 years ago you had to put time and effort into making a computerized 3D model and during that process the artist spent so much time staring at their work that they could actually perfect little details
this part is true. things took much longer back then, however, the rest of your post is bullshit. yes, new technology will almost always make development quicker but it is not nearly as simple as you describe.

No I just forgot and didn't know shit about that pokemon in the first place

That's how they look in game.

that's the point, he is predictable since you're practically limited to what to do

They're icicles with snow on top of them.

Genuine question why do people here conflate what they want and think is what's best for the series is directly correlated to GF's laziness?
Saying laziness is why S&S aren't open world like saying Mario should no longer do 2D games because they have the budget to do open world, likewise for Zelda. Open World is not a natural progression for literally any series that started out linear because that completely changes the way you have to approach many aspects of said series, which is why 2D and 3D mario and zeldas are split and both happen concurrently. Who says the same can't happen for Pokemon?

A pokemon nobody cares about because he has an evo that people do like.
Weird how its evo isn't a food huh.

But thats the only time First Impression being obvious matters? The CPU doesn't fucking care what move your using, you aren't playing mind games with it. Just slap its shit.

>If I picked up an eel and put it on the ground, do you think it would magically fly
If it LITERALLY had the levitate ability (which eelektross does), then yes.
>>its supposed to emulate swimming
>It looks like fucking SHIT
Why? Because you say so? It looks better than it trying to hop like a special olympian

My mother's been dead for nearly 4 years. Cope

is this supposed to be an argument?

The argument is that the posing looks dumb and should be fixed so it's in a cooler stance. Like the pose in BW

Because the games will sell 10+ million anyway.

it's the laziest thing I've ever seen, you're already doing sprite art or however the fuck you're putting the texture on the model, just do it right, it's not like that trainer has a non-goatee variant, it's so bad

loved that too but fuck Burghs gym was so fucking creepy in BW2

Attached: 1523930825048.png (528x533, 14K)

Gen 2 was the first time and last time they tried multi regions. That is the point I'm making. They could improve and expand upon it but they choose not to.
Pokemon being based off of objects isn't the problem. Aegislash is one of my favorite mons because it is a cursed sword. The problem is how lazy and uninspired the design is. Vanilluxe unironically looks like a moon I could create in PS. It is an ice cream cone with an emoji graphic pasted on it.
Well after the 3DS era ist can't get much worse hopefully
>implying I think muk and voltorb, are great designs
It isn't a ridiculous task at all. your standards are just low af. That is all I am pointing out. But to be fair, Game freak hasn't shown us much hope after the mess that was XY/ORAS/SM

>My mother's been dead for nearly 4 years
I'd kill myself too if you were my son.

Legit the only one which I never want to see changed.

Game Freak doesn't want to make Pokemon games anymore, which is why they stopped trying in 2013. They still do it for the obvious reason as they would go defunct within 5 years if they ceased making games.

>why isn't this anime hair 100% realistic
Gee, i dunno

>it evolution is a sentient Coconut tree

Yes and ferrothorn is predictable, lando is predictable.
What is your point again?

You could argue that in the pokemon universe, the concept of ice cream was inspired by how Vanillish looks.

Attached: file.png (345x488, 152K)

Well fuck you, I like Vanilluxe. It's less lazy than Ditto, a pink blob with :) on it.

>Like the pose in BW
The pose for Eelektross in gen 5 looks fucking horrendous, bro. Jumping around on fins like a goddamn clown.

No, it hopping around made it look like a monster and not literally just a fucking floating eel. It has limbs that it can fight with, it learns brick break for gods sake.

Can I ask? Why hasn't people just mod the Pokemon games? Fuck Nintendo, so many games and devs supports mods of their games, and it universally helps the companies more because people would pay them just to get a modded spin of their product. Give me a Pokemon game with , / colors, animations and open world redesign of the newest gen and I'll be there playing the shit out of it.

Attached: 1510860631362.jpg (960x960, 79K)

Do you know what an ice cream cone looks like user?
Serious question.

the colors aren't washed out, they match the official art for most mons more now

the sprites were just generally oversaturated

Attached: pokemon sprite model colors.png (795x390, 168K)

There is in game dialogue saying exactly this

this is a really stupid thing to be contrarian about, I don't think it's unreasonable for the biggest rpg on the planet to have a guy with hair growing over his mouth

Please try to eat a tree and report back to us on that champ

Stop replying to him. He outed himself as a troll ages ago.

>because nobody else is going to bother searching without knowing what they are trying to find
People don't explore? Dont get me wrong heracross only being in certain trees is fucky and all but theres nothing inherently wrong with rare pokemon
Johto just had very questionable placement overall though

Doesn't matter, saturated colors look way better.

Weird how its never mentioned until gen 5 huh?
Totally doesn't sound like a retcon to me.

Yeah and now they look way too pale.

Because the gooks know that fans can pump out a fan game that is leagues better than the actual stuff with little to no effort so they feel the need to weed out all fan games out of fear that a majority of people will start to realize this.

3D Golem is way more washed out than the artwork there. Also, saturation is good. They should just go back to it.

they're obviously designed after ice cream, but as icicles. What's hard to understand?

>Open World is not a natural progression for literally any series that started out linear
Pokemon didn't start linear, it got more linear as time went on. It also doesn't have to be completely linear or fully open world.
>which is why 2D and 3D mario and zeldas are split and both happen concurrently.
Because Mario and Zelda have actually different gameplay, a 2D pokemon game like RBY is basically the same thing as a 3D one like SM.

Nah, the 3D pose can be made instantly better if it has a dynamic pose. Just look at pic related, and tell me which you would prefer.

Attached: typhlosion.gif (426x143, 681K)

Both the sprites you posted are still significantly more washed out than their sprites show.

Modding Pokemon has been a thing for a fucking while. It's just that literally no one wants to go through remodeling and coloring/ texturing several hundred pokemon, despite claiming it's easy.

can't a tree.

but I can eat the coconuts. ya know, the things growing on the tree? the things that they slapped faces onto for Exeggutor?

>Weird how its never mentioned until gen 5 huh?

You mean the generation that it was introduced in? Wowee you sure got me.

Yes. I'm saying that that's what they are in-universe. Did I really make it that hard to understand what I was saying?

>looks like an orange
>smells like an orange
>feels like an orange
>jk its a lime!
Wow you sure got me.

because the fans would rather make meme remix mods like that recent USUM mod covered in gaudy textures

Typhlosion's legs look so fucking bad in every single thing it's in, goddamn.

I don't think it's stupid to expect a pokemon in a battle to look like it's ready to fight

That's Showdown, isn't it?
>tfw a battle simulator has better 'graphics' than offical games

For starters, we had a whole console generation with subpar Pokemon games that never reached the quality of the older ones. You could forgive XY since it was the first 3D Pokemon game they made, but when a remake of RSE ends having less content than the original third version (when HGSS added way more than what GSC had) and when their next generation is littered with horrible decisions, a story that forces the control away from you literally every five minutes and an obvious sign that the games were pretty much incomplete, you can't stop but feel that GF not only has become lazy, but too comfortable because they know they can shit whatever turd they want and will still sell. Best example: Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

Second, I don't think people are demanding an open world Pokemon. Of course consumers will end comparing Pokemon Switch to the monsters that were Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda BOTW or Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but instead of focusing on a huge, yet barren world, they could go back to the basis of the series which was exploration. I want to see again dungeons and caves as long as Mt. Coronet, Granite Cave or pretty much every cave from BW, and Routes as long and fun like the path to Fortree in RSE or the snow route to Snowpoint in DPPt; they need to give us long places to explore again with many Pokemon to discover and secrets to uncover while giving us an actual excuse to carry the almost useless Escape Ropes.

Instead, SM gave us the lamest Victory Road in the series since GSC, and USUM gave us Ultra hallways just to capture UBs instead of whole new worlds and areas to investigate. You see that temple behind Pheromosa? I'd love to see what's inside.

Attached: 1524625797383.jpg (800x564, 156K)

the only bad thing i can remember about gen 5 was how long it took for some pokemon to evolve compared to the time when you catch them

It's easy in the solution, not necessarily the process. GameFreak is being paid literally millions of dollars to make a game and they can't even hire people to make their models have good animations.

Attached: 1550952929168.png (607x477, 290K)

People don't call GF lazy because they don't make Pokemon an open world game. They call GF lazy because they:
>drop features with every new game
>use same shitty models
>do the bare minimum when making new games (3DS era)
>left out the BF from ORAS because "only a few people would enjoy it"

I actually prefer this one.

>goes from being a monster (as in pocket monster) to a regular eel but cartoony
That's not a good thing you fucking tasteless pleb.

Attached: 5mq2c4p2k.jpg (375x375, 39K)

BEEP BOOP, BEEP BOOP, BEEP BOOP

Except ice cream is mentioned before then?
Why never mention its based on a pokemon until gen 5, that would be a pretty cool thing to know.

Attached: 1456843545_8721a6c3deab86e5d2b4e20763367596.gif (500x375, 500K)

Thats the real kicker, changing the poses around is trivial since its all 3D models but they are still too fucking lazy to do it. Insane really.

>I'd kill myself too if you were my son.
Dang, dude, you're starting to make me wish I was your son :^)

>No, it hopping around made it look like a monster
That doesn't make any sense
> It has limbs that it can fight with, it learns brick break for gods sake.
So do mew, Beedrill, Alolan Raichu, ledian, togetic, gligar, metang, Kyogre, togekiss, dusknoir, darkrai, the genies, aegislash, noivern, and Dawn necrozma
Guess what they all have in common?
THEY ALL FLOAT

Nice ad hom

>i haz no argument so he must b trol!

>>goes from being a monster (as in pocket monster) to a regular eel but cartoony
see above
Also, nice ad hom

different gen, XY has better trainers

Just because it's designed after something in the real world doesn't mean it actually is within the universe you dolt. It's designed after ice cream. It's an icicle monster.

stadium and colliseum are literally filled with so much soul I refuse to pay for pokemon anymore

He should glow a bit but it's not bad. I like it better that his mouth is facing forwards.

Persona 5 had dynamic and interesting animations on a tiny fraction of the budget and that game was shit

animation != model

they used the same models in pokedex 3d for instance and it has different animations

>Why never mention its based on a pokemon until gen 5

because said pokemon didn't exist yet you fool. It's called world building

The calling card of a troll.

Also in you admitted that you win when you make people mad, so that's also textbook troll.

Attached: what now.jpg (882x624, 122K)

>Pokemon didn't start linear, it got more linear as time went on. It also doesn't have to be completely linear or fully open world.
That's a lie, Red and Blue, while having a good amount of sequence breaking, were still railroady in significant amounts. I agree on your point that both should be integrated though, that's fine
>Because Mario and Zelda have actually different gameplay, a 2D pokemon game like RBY is basically the same thing as a 3D one like SM.
I'd say the way you approach the story, exploration, and progression count as much as gameplay than the battles themselves people want a gamewhere you can tackle gyms in any order, but Crystal Clear shows that doesn't work due to the utter lack of agency that makes you feel like your on a carnival; ride rather than an adventure. Maybe it's just that game's execution, but that game was pretty different from most other pokemon games.

When they gonna do the same for ice types? Tired of slow and bulky shitmons that would die to ember.

Yes. In BW1 and BW2, the gym leaders were pretty based.

Depends on how the game presents itself I guess, it is also hard to call adding random trainers to your pokegear "exploring"
There is a cool part in GSC where you can find a Lapras inside a cave if you go there on a Friday though, too bad they didn't explore the concept further.

No its called retconning
>revise (an aspect of a fictional work) retrospectively, typically by introducing a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.

The literal definition.

That's the animation not the pose. Something like this would be preferable. Clear and distinct silhouette, personality, and it makes him look like he's actually inhabiting the space instead of looking like he's swimming in place but not moving anywhere. Yeah he has Levitate but why does it have a swimming animation if he's supposed to be standing still? There are so many more interesting ways GF could have handled it but they did it in the most boring way possible

Attached: 604Eelektross.png (431x431, 107K)

Not likely.

Gen 5 was shit and BW2 only existed to make the first ones even slightly tolerable.
Fight me.

I like the pokemon designs surprisingly though

Yet I don't see you upset that Xatu isn't a LITERAL Totem pole despite being designed after one.

Attached: file.png (300x170, 153K)

no you literally have to switch out for it to be used again, that's the point

>using a feature of a website for it's intended purpose = trolling
A yikes from me, chieftain

alolan ninetails

Try to eat a xatu and get back to me on that.

This.

Attached: pheromosahamburger.jpg (347x379, 15K)

Nah.

It makes sense because its supposed to be a fucking monster that I use to fight other monsters. Its not supposed to be literally my moms eel. Eelektross is meant to be deceiving, like the fact that its mono electric and not water, the fact that it has levitate but flops around. The dex entry talks about it crawling out of the sea on its fucking ARMS. The 3D animation is garbage because it looks like its just swimming peacefully, not even in combat.

so instead of dying to an ember it now dies to meta claw.

You can eat ice and snow.

Just use a different move? Thats the downside to a fucking 90 BP priority move. You can setup a swords dance and rape everything with aqua jet instead if you want.

Attached: vanillite.jpg (2048x1106, 131K)

>God I miss Gen 5, even if the comp meta was shit
Weather is better than Gen 6 priority/Baton Pass/most broken Mega bullshit and Gen 7's "Genies and Bulus present: Dr. `OHKO Button` or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Z-Move".

you don't have to do a lot of shit to make them work, you literally have to switch out to make FI work

Didn't you read the news today, user? We discovered how to eat animals.

>Everyone ITT arguing over ice cream and battle poses
Do (You) faggots even know what suspension of disbelief is?
That shit has a breaking point you know.

Attached: van shrug.gif (256x192, 344K)

You're mostly right.

Attached: 1536887421599m.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

>It makes sense because its supposed to be a fucking monster that I use to fight other monsters.
What that have to do with it hopping around like a special ed kid (e.g. (you))?
>Eelektross is meant to be deceiving
Got a source on that, chief?
>The dex entry talks about it crawling out of the sea on its fucking ARMS.
You don't stand on arms, Einstein. I literally just named a bunch pokemon with arms that STILL float
>The 3D animation is garbage because it looks like its just swimming peacefully, not even in combat.
Are you seriously going to say that you can't swim in combat, despite the fact that there are numerous animals that do that exact thing IN REAL LIFE?

>make good looking 3D models with the right colors and decent posing for some throwaway 3DS app
>use none of them for the actual game ON THE SAME HARDWARE
What is wrong with Gamefreak?

Attached: pokedex3DProEelektross.png (1200x720, 640K)

>>make good looking 3D models with the right colors and decent posing
Pic unrelated

cute bug eating burg

>best pacing in the series compared to the slog that was DPPt(even though Pt was a blast to play shit was very slow)
>Infinite TMs
>Seasons and day night cycles
>KINO final bosses
>gave actual personalities to the gym leaders
>grinding had diminishing returns
>audinos
>tons of new mons, super powerful too
>but KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1548634775721.jpg (990x973, 98K)

there is literally no reason gf can't make decent looking 3d models with unique animations for every attack. the amount of money they must have will be fucking insane.

Attached: 1535379724046.jpg (500x400, 12K)

The colors yeah, but it looks too reptilian posed like that. Like a cartoonish dinosaur.

Not to mention
>hire the Dex voice actor to pronounce all their names when you open their page
>don't put that in the game.

showdown uses XY dex sprite which is lifeless, in fact that's a common misconception

also it is canon it only flares up when attacking

What's the issue with with it looking cartoonish? It's not like Eelektross is an intimidating pokemon in the slightest.

Actually they use those for promotional purposes like commercials and TCG, as well as spin-offs like Mystery Dungeon and Ga-Ole.

Attached: file.png (498x750, 970K)

And they looked better. Because color looks good.

Yes but even if you got rid of the flames, it would still have a better pose than what Gamefreak uses.

Nothing, it's the other part, the thing isn't a dinosaur. I only added cartoonish because of the long arms. It should at least lift the head a bit to emphasize the big sucker on the front.

but not in their mainline games for whatever reason

>le t pose

The golem looks a bit too smooth

my only gripe really is the flames being there for no reason, and animated poorly

anyway if you actually see the models in fight, they have lots of stuff like inbetweens

But not beautiful

Actually I'm not defending Typhlosion disgusting 3D model, but it would actually look incredibly retarded without the flames. Without them is looks like a fucking stuffed toy trying to give you a hug, the flames add an intimidation factor to an otherwise boring and awkward design.

>Ga ole
ha

Attached: buzzwoleGAO1.webm (718x720, 1.62M)

Baby Pokemon are okay in theory but the fact that not every evolutionary line includes a baby type is weirdly inconsistent. I get it if the first stage of a Pokemon is babylike, or childlike, but seriously why the inconsistency?

Now that's hot.

Attached: 1501169032761.png (450x349, 174K)

>le l pose

Pokemon lost its soul

Eventually you just have to quit playing the new games, buddy. Sales tanking is the only way they will listen. Sadly, as Let's Go has shown, it's almost assuredly too late.

Game Freak could put in child rape and Pokemon with literal dicks hanging out at this point and idiots would still buy 2 copies of it for their kids.

you want shit that makes no sense?

Attached: 115.png (475x475, 179K)

>jynx's kick animation

Attached: 1546319830653.jpg (500x500, 42K)

>le "no u" pose

I've been playing randomizer hacks on my phone for years now. If only I had time to hack the games myself I'd at least make a few new maps.

quick before the thread dies
post grooves
youtu.be/xc_0wfIuuzw

Why do keep making these threads op?

m-muh soul. YeEAH YEAH it's nice and pretty and minimal and aesthetic and all but SHUT THE FUCK UP already. God damn you constantly spout it way too damn much. I remember another Gen II soul thread here on Yea Forums from just the other day.

Believe me. I love Gen II as much as the next person but Gen IV is best.

Attached: 0769F1C59E9B418B9CCE01E3A9F7EC7D.jpg (400x400, 25K)

>ppl that liek wut i dunt liek r dumdum poopee heads

Well too bad. Making the 3d models that saturated doesn'g look good like it does with sprites.

Attached: 1550629706800.png (1066x1066, 597K)

I'm crying a little bit because that video gets funnier every time I watch it.

FUCK BABIES HOLY SHIT DOESNT EVEN FIT IN ITS OWN GENERATION
>Takes 30 levels of being a Magby to evolve into Magmar
>Can find lvl 14 Magmars on the next town
WHY EVEN BOTHER

I'm a Gen 2 lover but I wouldn't call Kanto "postgame" as much as "the second half of the game."

perhaps not all pokemon babies are fit for fighting

OHNONONONONONONONONO

Attached: stadiumcucks btfo.png (641x473, 375K)

Don't the babies in Gen 2 evolve by happiness? I remember I actually evolved my first Togepi at level 8 or 10, it was so weird.

youtube.com/watch?v=U0CnIbKR2zI

The only time the quality of the anime correlated with the quality of the game was for Kanto (good game, good anime) and Alola (shit game, shit anime). Johto, Hoenn and Unova were great games, shit anime, and Sinnoh and Kalos were shit game, good anime

Yeah the 3D models do look better with the sprite saturation, look at the Gengar near the top of the thread.

Yeah, it's fucking dumb. When they first did 3D models I thought "That's cool. They'll always look decent, and instead of doing new sprite work every game, they'd slowly improve the animations and models and stuff and over time it would look really natural."

Instead, they did 3D animations that look worse than Colosseum, XD, and Battle Revolution, which reused Stadium assets. The flying battle animations are still in even though they look fucking retarded in normal battles and they removed the feature. The animations aren't punched up, and the Pokemon don't make physical contact like they do in PBR, Finally, the battle environments still look like they're for a 3DS game despite being on a new system. Besides the new Pokemon they have not changed one thing about battles since X and Y. They STILL don't have HGSS's follow mechanics.

I think the shading they do is fine, even if I agree with the people who say the colors don't pop the way they should.

This is is based. Stop paying for Game Freak shit

I miss when UBs were leaked, they looked so alien and weren't confirmed to be catchable... Until someone found the shiny sprites.
Still tho they were a nice concept.

Attached: 1550706382621.jpg (419x512, 42K)

the only reason you'd ever want a baby pokemon is so you can get uniques move the non baby form can't learn. Like if you want volt tackle for Pikachu

Because Nintendo will hunt your ass if you do it

>Which Gen would you guys recommend for someone wanting to get back into Pokemon who hasn't played since Gen 4
Gen 5 is the only gen past 4 that's worth anything

see

Better that they are catchable desu, I still wish the little Pokestar robot was a real Pokemon and I'd hate to have had that happen with the UBs.
It's not like having alien bosses that aren't able to be beaten with a pokeball to the face means not being catchable, U-Necroz proved that.

Attached: Pokestarbot.png (972x371, 100K)

doesn'g look good
t.GameFreakDrone

It genuinely took me a few seconds to realize the one on the right wasn't a sprite. I thought it was just a frame of the one on the left closing its mouth.

Attached: 1273991516945.png (459x377, 9K)

>Fire coming out of the bottom of Ninetails's neck
>N64 particle effects are shit
What's your point?

Except it does look better because he's in a dynamic pose rather than just standing there like a limp noodle. And i'd bet good money that in half a second of that frame he's going to ignite.

>or the Battle X areas
tell that to my lead golisopod who saved my ass on too many occasions thanks to LO first impression
him, slowbro and pory2 got me 200+ streak before getting ruined by the walrein
he does have a lot of trouble in competitive though granted, but that's mainly since his bug typing and ability do not work well with how much of a dominating presence stealth rock has, bit of an unfortunate gimmick to have in the meta

>>Fire coming out of the bottom of Ninetails's neck
imagine lying on the internet. The point is that your nostalgia is wrong

I was referring to the animations on the Pokemon themselves, but I will concede the particle effects in 2013 are a lot better than a N64 game from 15 years prior. Try comparing XY to Colosseum and XD.

It looks exactly the same. Piss off.
>And i'd bet good money that in half a second of that frame he's going to ignite.
Easiest money I ever made, then

It doesn't look the exact same you blind faggot. Can you not see fucking arms? Can you not trace a goddamn spine? Nothing in existence stands perfectly fucking rigid in a fight legs at exact shoulder width.

There sure are a lot of boring 3D sprites. Battling a trainer's Ampharos in Y actually unnerved me. The way it slowly shifts it weight from one foot to the other with a vacant stare makes it look lobotomized.

Attached: 1543460392378.jpg (425x348, 29K)

You seriously don't see this?
I don't even have nostalgia for Pokemon Stadium, I was a dumb kid and got annoyed at how I couldn't roll everything with overleveled mons

Attached: 1552370039003.png (641x473, 547K)

>no argument
>resorts to childish namecalling and swearing

It's clearly coming out of the mouth.

>xd
OHNONONONNONONONONO
*WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE*
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: Flamethrower_XD.png (640x480, 376K)

Nigger