Literally impossible to beat without parrying

Literally impossible to beat without parrying

Attached: gwyn.jpg (1376x774, 151K)

FORSEN BUILD

literally roll or use a shield to beat the game

Terrible bait. Try again later

I literally just beat him without parrying. Great hammers poise break him with ease.

black knight shield literally shits on everything he has
but you're right otherwise, he's a dark souls 3 boss in a dark souls 1 game engine

Literally just wear Havel's and trade blows while chugging estus.

Just roll like every other boss in the game

this boss is so easy he has one of the simplest cheeses in the series

I just hid behind a my Greatshield and spanked his ass with my BKS. Never parried once.

Git fucking gud.

What color are his panties?

Never bothered to learn how to parry in those games. Only when i tried some pvp.

>Havel armor
>Balder side sword
He couldn't anything, it was quite pathetic tbqh.

>Greatshield
come back when you can beat him without cheesing

Wrong. I beat him with heavy armor and a black knight shield to mitigate his fire damage. And my mace based his head in just fine.

>Coming up against somebody using that faggy parry shield

The only thing more annoying is someone using Havel's shield.

i LITERALLY just beat him in NG+ at 125 w/o parry, he's so easy to stagger

I did it cause I went through the entire game without knowing about parrying

You beat a crippled old man into the ground. Congratulations Yea Forums. Do you feel like a hero yet?

Tank and spank is the ONLY way to beat Gwyn if you don't plan on parrying.

What else are you supposed to do? Run around popping him with arrows? You'd probably call that cheesing as well.

Miyazaki went on record years ago stating that Gwyn didn't turn out like they wanted. They wanted him to have a shield and sword, but settled on just the sword. I imagine doing this made them up his attack rate.

im shit at parrying, could never do it on gwyn.
still beat him so you suck and you're gay

I'm kinda shitty so I beat him by baiting his jump slashes, rolling and then hitting him a few times.

he was preparing us
miyazaki a genius and gave us 8 years to learn to parry so that we'd be prepared

Attached: 1552356090928.jpg (1500x844, 459K)

Quit pretending you didn't have a shield equipped to mitigate damage when needed.

But, user... I never learned to parry.

then parry him

Yeah, considering that I killed 90% of any other NPC at the very moment I meet them.

What is INT build?

literally 3 shots and poof.

Well yeah. Even 2H i have a shield for those moments I am a deer in the headlights.

just walk backwards and throw soul spears up his anus

Sword and board works just fine.

This guy gets it

I haven't used a shield in 5 years and literally forgot about them. When I replayed ds1 last month I actually couldn't beat this faggot anymore

Oh fuck off.

You had a +5 kite shield with 100% physical block and a +10 Lighting Claymore.

Well, no, the grass shield for stamina boost actually...

I've beat him with just an uchigatana. It actually becomes a really fun fight

>Grass Crest Shield

Literal meme.

>being this shitty at dodging
git gud

Then you have failed your training.

bait probs

Attached: 1550521667664.png (389x493, 274K)

>hating things that are popular or common

wow you're special

My first playthrough I beat him with a handaxe (underrated weapon).

Don'y worry about it, user. Bloodborne prepared me for the button mashing shitfest of Sekiro.

I'll be fine.

I didn't even realize that was the end of the game. Played it for the first time, found a black knight greatsword about 30% of the way in, went up against Gwyn and just starting mashing light attack after he dashed up to me.

I just kind of panicked and kept mashing attack. I think Gwyn hit me once(?) before going down. Easiest fight in the fucking game. I was so let down when I realized there wasn't a phase 2. I mean. I really liked the game, but it felt like the difficulty disappeared around the time I beat my first Lordvessel boss.

Up to that point I was having a little trouble here and there, but the last 40% of the game was a cakewalk. Not trying to meme or anything but I seriously do not understand why people went on and on about how the game's so hard. I mean honestly, any DMC or Bayo or NG game is way harder than this.

Still lots of fun. But not difficult by any means. I think 90% of my deaths were in Sen's Fortress being retarded and not killing lightning snakes before running ahead.

I've never partied him, I'm too bad. I just get him caught on the floor spikes.

>Doesn't give a 100% physical block
>The stamina boost it does give is trivial at best

I guess it depends what you like more: Health or Stamina.

>shield
>in DS1 when armor being so OP makes defense or even dodging in most cases unnecessary

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't beat every boss in all souls games dodge rolling with a 2-hander. It's not hard, and it feels incredible.

He dodges out of great combustion right into the path of another great combustion, over and over until he dies

POGGERS

Not impossible.
But this fag is the reason I learned how to parry at all.

Armour has never done anything in DaS. Upgrading it isn't pointless, but it definitely shouln't be a priority.

Everybody knows upgrading your weapon(s) is the most important thing. If you want actual armour, then equip a shield so you can, ya'know, actually block attacks?

This is how my friend beat Gywn. So fucking stupid.

>being so bad you can't deal with having 5% less physical damage reduction
You're in no position to be mocking anyone.
Also I'm pretty sure it gives the same stamina bonus as the mask of the child.

jesus christ dude
it's 5% lmao
I use the wooden shield just for flair and it just works

LITERALLY
FUCKING
IMPOSSIBLE

Attached: HOW.jpg (1920x1080, 517K)

So why wouldn't you just wear the mask and use a shield with 100% physical block?

>No damage when blocking physical attacks
>Still get the bonus stamina boost

I think you might be an idiot.

how the fuck was I supposed to fucking survive this?
bs game

Attached: objective; survive.webm (853x480, 2.74M)

Because mask of the child looks fucking stupid.

Nigga if you want fashion souls then play DaS2.

Go away retard

>play DaS2

Attached: 1443628935424.jpg (720x960, 114K)

I look cool in every game that lets me customize my character.

You have no idea what you're talking about. In DeS, DS2, and DS3, armor is kind of shit. In DS1 it's OP as fuck. Wear any of the heavier sets, have poise, and you just tank hits and don't give a fuck. Literally nothing in the game can kill you before you just walk up and murder it.

Upgrading your weapon and armor aren't mutually exclusive. Shields in DS1 are for PvP (lol) or passive buffs only.

Beat him as a sorc, pure pyro, and a hand axe and I'm terrible at vidya with boomer reaction speed

DaS2 is great. I loved it.

Fuck, I remember Yea Forums having TONNES of DaS2 threads. Loads of them. Months and months after the game released. I even remember the uproar that PC shitters would get the nerfed version of Shrine of Amana over the vanilla console version.

It was a VERY popular game on here. People did love it.

you have no idea what youre talking about if you think armor in das2 is shit

>Gwyn
>can't deal more than 20% of my hp per hit, can't even stagger a player with decent poise with his sword
>attacks slowly even if he gets up in your face fast
>can't survive three hits from a weapon
Explain the difficulty here. He dies in about 5 seconds to just pushing one button.

>using poise and bitch vigor
nice crutches bro

Compared to DS1 in terms of how much it mitigates, yes, it is shit. If you just want to call whatever figure you want "not shit" then fine, but that's irrelevant. Compared to the broken as fuck levels of mitigation in DS1, it's not nearly as overpowered.

Which is actually good because DS1 armor being so amazing removed any need for rolling, blocking, parrying, or anything outside of PvP, unless you're on NG++whatever.

I didn't make it clear in my post, but I'm not the guy you were originally replying to, I just wanted to say you had no right to mock him for his choices given that you're clearly fucking terrible at the game if you think having 95% physical damage reduction instead of 100% damage reduction is a big deal.
He did imply he two hands his weapon as well, so the grass crest shield makes sense in that case since you still get the stamina bonus while two handing.

attack only while he's recovering from his grab. don't even attack after the kick, his recovery time from that is deceivingly short. otherwise try to keep rocks between him and you, and stay in the center of the arena so he doesn't trap you.

>equipping what you find is a crutch
Okay?

That's like "just don't equip Crissaegrim or any of the other 50 broken weapons in SotN / use soul steal / whatever".

physical damage reduction from armor might as well not even exist in ds2

Armor in Dark Souls 1 was the worst implementation of armor in Souls.

Attached: Poise.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Nice bait

Armor IS shit in DaS2, at least in PvE.
Against high AR attacks you take only slightly less damage in full havel's than you would if you were naked.

>with a 2-hander
>literally stunlocking and dealing insane damage
>waiting ages for one specific opening that will allow for the slow-ass swing time
>not having a quick one-hander to dish out some quick combos
>always on the move with far more potential openings

Attached: 1550248770925.png (650x850, 340K)

vs hyperarmor, which only activates during attacking.

Attached: Poise.webm (852x480, 1.94M)

Its 99% damage reduction if you have 99 humanities, also
>using the shield to block
Lmao git gud faggot

>Terrible at the game

I've beat every single boss in all three games solo in NG. Hell, I once beat O&S with nothing but a Heavy Crossbow in NG+1 just for fun.

Friendly reminder that if you:

- summoned
- used shields
- used magic of any kind
- used backstabs
- used any weapon upgraded with twinkling titanite, demon titanite, or dragon scale
- used chaos or lightning weapons
- used any armor with poise
- used Mask of the Mother
- used Havel's Ring
- used the Wolf Ring
- used the Hornet Ring
- used the Dark Wood Grain Ring
- used the Rusted Iron Ring
- used the Ring of Favor and Protection
- used any consumables aside from the ones found as loot
- grinded or farmed any mob
- kindled any bonfire
- leveled vitality above 30
- didn't kill the Stray Demon immediately after unlocking the Undead Parish lift, with a weapon upgraded no higher than +5
- used the stairs in the Capra Demon fight
- killed the Gaping Dragon by attacking his tail
- used a divine weapon in the Catacombs
- used the spider shield in Blighttown
- didn't do Ash Lake before getting the Lordvessel
- used poison arrows against the Anor Londo archers
- killed Ornstein first
- didn't let Artorias buff
- didn't cut Kalameet's tail
- parried Gwyn

You didn't actually beat Dark Souls.

Huh? I've been playing soulsborne games for the last decade and in all my experience I never had trouble with him

Friendly reminder that you are a colossal faggot

What are you even talking about?

Wait you can parry him? I beat him 7 times and never thought about doing that what the fuck?

Attached: 1551428966057.png (842x763, 651K)

>used poison arrows against the Anor Londo archers
Did anyone sincerely do this? Seems like a waste of time.

Gwyn is the single most underwhelming final boss I've encountered in any game.

If you parry and not challenge running, you're a little bitch, I beat him without parrying

>99 humatinies

You're probably the kind of faggot who uses them as health too. Protip: If you couldn't beat a boss with just your estus chugs; you didn't really beat them. You played on easy mode.

the game intentionally gave you dis pear.

That's the point

You rang?

Attached: Pontinfinite Staminavahn.jpg (1600x1131, 326K)

Then quit being a bitch about needing 100% physical damage reduction on your shield. It's fucking embarrassing, especially when we're talking a difference of five fucking percent.

I don't think that's inherently a bad thing, honestly. Not every final encounter has to be epic and grandiose.

Some of those got a chuckle out of me as far as meme bait goes but

>- used any consumables aside from the ones found as loot
What is this even referring to? Like farming/buying humanities or what?

>- killed the Gaping Dragon by attacking his tail
But you can only attack the tail for so long until it's cut? Or do you mean the stump after it's cut? That makes it even longer so arguably harder than attacking the head

>- didn't do Ash Lake before getting the Lordvessel
Should be corrected to Didn't sit at Stone Dragon's Bonfire, since you can do Ash Lake without Lord vessel and just bone out

Nice try though, solid 5/10 bait

Attached: you.gif (360x234, 13K)

Not really.

His attacks have long hitstun and active frames, he has a mix of attacks with long wind ups, and with almost no startup. He'll stop whatever he's doing and lunge at you if you start chugging.

He was clearly meant to be very difficult.

I think how overpowered parrying and poise were was just an oversight from From.

Attached: poise.webm (600x336, 2.94M)

I'm honestly not sure if they made Gwyn so weak to make a meta point about how he was a shell of his former self or what. I can accept all Lordvessel bosses after your first being a pushover, since you can tackle them in any order and there's (thankfully) no scaling. So you're naturally increasingly more powerful compared to where you could fight them.

But it still felt weird to just walk in and slobberknocker Gwyn like he was a zombie in the asylum at the start. Like just walk in, swing a few times, hurray game's over. The knights leading up to Gwyn were actually harder.

5% can be the difference.

I don't care that you use a crutch shield. Plenty of people get a BKS drop and use that throughout the game. There's no shame in it. You play the game how you play it.

>But you can only attack the tail for so long until it's cut? Or do you mean the stump after it's cut? That makes it even longer so arguably harder than attacking the head
It breaks his AI if you run behind him.

He'll do the slam down thing, walk forward, sit there and let you wail on him for 30 seconds, over and over again if you do that.

>Not just going full havels, poising through his attacks and casting or hitting him in the face
What.

Nah i just used to invade a lot
I don't know how it works really, but with 99 humanities the dark hand becomes the best shield in the game and the you get hit way less when using things like the grass crest shield or the crystal ring shield for magic, but it works

>never learned how parry
>pyromancy is for flaming faggots
>spells are for nerds
>miracles are for pussies
>shields are for being grass crest and wearing on your back and never taking off except when you accidentally hit the one/two hand toggle button
>never learned you could lock on until Seath so I never do it
>SL4 run
>beat Gwyn without Solaire
I LOVE THE WAY THIS SUCKS

if you didn't do a soul level 1 run using just your fists you're casual and should leave my board

Poise sounded cool to me because I kind of wanted to play more of a two handed build. Kind of regret that route, because it really killed any sense of challenge once I had an armor set upgraded. Didn't even find Havel's I don't think, or if I did I don't remember. I used knight -> elite knight -> black knight or whatever it's called, I think.

Whatever the ring that grants poise just seemed like a reasonable fit for a 2H build because getting hit out of a windup seemed bad.

Why do you keep banging on about 99 humanities?

Who the FUCK ever has 99 humanity? You're either a faggot who spends way too much time harvesting rats in The Depths, or you're a PC shitter using a trainer.

Which is it?

Maybe if you're trying to use the redeye ring, refuse to put points into VIT, or are otherwise constantly at critical HP somehow. Otherwise 5% is literally nothing.
And I don't use the grass crest shield, I use the wooden shield which has slightly less physical damage reduction and I've never had a problem.

I just kill shitters like you online a lot, 1 humanity each time

That is not how humanity works at all, friend.

The only equipment that humanity affects are chaos weapons, increasing their damage up to 10 humanity

With 99 humanity the only thing you get is flat, passive defenses to your character, nothing else

>But it still felt weird to just walk in and slobberknocker Gwyn like he was a zombie in the asylum at the start.
Interesting parallel, considering Gwyn is essentially a zombie prolonging the Age of Fire mindlessly.

>redeye ring
Red tearstone ring, that is.

99 humanity is common for anyone that uses online, chill user

On average, during a playthrough without online, I would always have about 40-50 just for the extra defenses

i thought you could backstab him?

i don't know why this is the only boss i have trouble beating but everything else is easy

Attached: abyss-watchers-dks3.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

>not circling the stone pillar in a retarded game of tag while poking him from time to time with the plain greatsword until he dies.

As i said, i don't know how it works, but it works

>Guy lists everything he did in his playthrough as bait
Too obvious. I don't even know why spider shield does anything lmao

Do you play on the PC?

Just use Pursuer on him, insta win.

I'm torn between thinking it was something meta, and between thinking they were just trying to change things up on the player at the last moment. Almost every other boss in DS1 is at its most dangerous if you just blindly rush in without trying to stay back and figure out their pattern or tells. Meanwhile, Gwyn's far more dangerous if you do that, and just mindlessly going aggressive is the easiest way to win.

Eagle Shield is best shield
too bad it's in blight town
there's absolutely 0% reason to use the grass crest shield when the mask of the child is clearly superior

>Kill shitters like you

You couldn't kill yourself, m8.

>didn't let Artorias buff
He does what now?

He seemed kind of easy. I mean not curbstomp easy by any means, but was still a one-shot. How does he power up?

Are their staggered attacks throwing you off? The Abyss Watchers like to pause sometimes before unleashing their attacks.

lol the first time I beat the game I used Shield of Artorias, tanked all his hits, and just punished him when he missed his shitty grab

GCS is prettier.

Why?
PS4, PC and Switch for the remaster.
360, PS3 and PC for the original

Haven't played for the last 6 months though.

I'm not even the user you're trying to accuse of "cheating" too, it's really not that hard to get humanity in DaS1, and once you played hundreds of hours of it losing humanity to deaths is not something that happens

lol

Placebo doesn't make it work, user, there are set game mechanics here

i use estus when they pause tho since 1 combo from them halves my hp

>EAGLE
3rd highest stability in game
16 strength
6 weight
Looks Roman

>GCS
lowest stability of all regular shields
3 weight
looks better
not really useful for blocking
a mask drop from a boss is superior

Mask of the child doesn't give poise if you want poise.
It also looks silly, if you're the kind of person who doesn't like that.
Also if you're primarily two handing your weapon then grass crest shield still provides its stamina bonus while only taking up a left hand slot that you weren't really going to use anyway.

>using a shield to block
For what reason. 2H only.

>use zwei
>stomp his shit in

Attached: 129791361351.png (330x319, 156K)

>HUUUUUUUUUUUUR A BUNCH OF DAH ENEMIES BE CHASIN ME!!!!! BETTER RUN DOWN DIS NARROW PATH AND PULL DUH LEVER AND DEN BITCH BECAUSE I DIED WHEN THEY ALL CHASED ME AND I COULDNT JUST SWING MUH SWORD TO WIN!!!!!!!!
Wow you’re retarded.

Attached: E0F3E022-8966-4FA2-8810-512948E66148.gif (493x342, 480K)

>defending artificial difficulty
just stop

Attached: 1551473474937.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

Club master race

Shockwaves motherfucker.

The webm I responded to was not artificial difficulty though, you should know how the mechanics of the game work if you make it all the way to seath. Leading a shit ton of fast attacking enemies down a narrow hallway is just retarded and asking for death. I will however say the webm you’ve posted here is infuriating as fuck to watch and I would have been pissed if that shit happened to me.

Tell that to my +11 Claymore and +2 knight's shield. Had no idea what I was doing the first time I played DaS, with a mouse and keyboard and no DSfix

>lying on the internet for gamer cred
Pathetic.

Full Havel, Zweihander, and that's all you really need. The set ups so good I would basically camp outside Gwyns boss door and help out anyone fighting him, I would walk in to find them chipping away at him and then I'd come up behind and take out half his health in 3 hits, of course I wouldn't beat him, I'd only weaken him and help out the people who summoned me. Except this one guy Who summoned me 4 times and died 4 times so I just killed him for him.

Attached: 1551198975698.jpg (352x376, 62K)

Lol no I beat him when I was 11 and I had shit understanding of rolling and parrying desoite playing DeS years before. Man I was fucking retarded.

>Literally impossible to beat without parrying
Probably one of the easier bosses in the game.

R2

>is infuriating as fuck to watch and I would have been pissed if that shit happened to me.
No its not, in fact you'd probably be happy you've recorded it
>demon has no missing HP
>dude is wearing nothing to maximise damage taken
That said I wasn't aware the pound did quake damage however small which is kinda neat too know I guess.

When he roars and purple shit starts amassing. If you let him complete the animation he basically buffs up and does more damage + attacks faster.

Nigger who made you the expert on Dark souls?

People let the first two to wake up beat up the main one.

Grass crest looks like shit on most builds that use it.

Bass cannon makes this and every other boss fight a joke besides Smough and Ornstein. Completely broken for the Manus fight, but pure kino against Artorias. Really feels like you're trading blows equally, even at high level.

good post

This fucking guy knows what the fuck is up.

Attached: 07618BC5-1EA9-4656-8776-673507FCCCC9.jpg (525x525, 107K)

You literally can circle and hit him until he dies, the most disappointing final boss in series, and all final bosses in soulsborne series sucked so should tell you a lot
Holy shit, dark souls bosses were so stupid and pathetic compared to des

DeS is the only Souls game easier than DaS sweetie

>Das
>Designed so you can just run past every single mob to the boss, no need to kill anyone unnecessary or explore on your second walkthrough
>Des
>Levels designed the way that makes you actually clear them
And this is just level design
Bosses:
>DaS
>You can circle and hit every boss, no one has any interesting skills and behaviors
>DeS
>Variety of totally different boss fights, no similar at all

Keep enjoying your poorly made ripoff, pc kid

Yeah IDK that. Ask any dude that played DaS before DeS that question and it will be flipped around, sounds like a case of you just simply knowing how to deal with the crap faster since you'll already used too the formula.

Shit, even the speed running times are relatively close to each other.

Havel armor+Iron flesh=THE ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK
GIT GUD YOU FUCKING SCRUB

>getting yourself down to the lowest possible health unarmored so you can die to the miniscule amount of damage you take from a shockwave

pretty good

Literally didn't know what parrying does and still beat him

>People meme this boss as being intentionally designed to be easy because True King Allant was designed to be a pathetic push over
>Miyazaki insists Gwyn was meant to be hard as shit.

>Miyazaki insists Gwyn was meant to be hard as shit.
Source?

>no armor
>equip dark wood grain wing
>4-6 shot him with Homing Mass and Soul Spear

Wow, so hard.

cringe

Some interview where he talks about it. Soul of Cinder is basically what he wanted Gwyn to be but likely couldn't reach due to development times.
I don't have a link, some other user might.

Parry and/or backstab the suckers. Also, use the crazy one to your advantage to distract one while you fight the other.

I stunlocked him with a mace not parrying a single hit
Probably the most disappointing boss fight in the game

Unrelated, but is there a viable bow-only build? Especially in 1 it seems like ranged attack options are handicapped at a point for upgrade vs melee weapons

play DS3

you have weapon arts, running attacks, and rolling attacks with bows