Remember this game? I spent my own money on this game as a kid because I thought it was a 1:1 YuGiOh card game...

Remember this game? I spent my own money on this game as a kid because I thought it was a 1:1 YuGiOh card game...ONLY FOR IT TO BE A FUCKING GIMMICK GAME

Attached: 49735-yu-gi-oh-the-duelists-of-the-roses-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (640x919, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ys9UlAcxD-k&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=_HzOpD-95ts
youtu.be/u20Jz9iY6LU
youtu.be/Q--fb6BVEcQ
youtu.be/NMd8g6ZMhMM
youtu.be/heFQe-DAhGg
youtu.be/cI2-IV05QSQ
youtu.be/qjpiqF_DL9A
youtu.be/VAK-x0dNNJg
youtu.be/Gkh5_LubAW4
youtu.be/guVrHgczXz8
youtu.be/5BVajwVTVHo
youtube.com/watch?v=-qGKqUiaI20&list=PL7E4FE99AC7985A46
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I loved it. One of those rare childhood gems.

Duelist of the Roses was fun as fuck though.

It was fun but I just wanted a 1:1 card game. The attack animations were cool. Great music.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ys9UlAcxD-k&t=2s

Yeah, I moved to this game from Forbidden Memories. It was alright.

I hated the card down bullshit as a kid.

I was pretty fucking terrible at it

Went back to play it as an adult, really fucking cool game but unfortunately easy. Bizarre how they put in deck master abilities and stuff when you would never see them without an excessive amount of grinding.

Once you know what cards fuse with eachother the game is fucking easy mode.

Well I didn't know any of that shit and I don't have it anymore.

Don't worry user, I was awful myself. I couldn't get past the second group of opponents on either campaign. Pegasus in particular was a real cunt.

Later on I listened to the OST and what was weird was that the basic battle themes were fantastic but the late-game boss battle themes were mediocre.

I abused the shit out of this card.

Attached: pumpking dor.png (575x463, 467K)

God I was fucking terrible at this game, it was a cool game though.

>But this in a 2nd hand store for nostalgia
>Beat it in literally an hour
Wow. Even the GBA games were better.
The card models and animations were sweet though.

You could turn shitty 500 ATT monsters to like 2000+ or ones with broken powers. Really, load your desk with fusing monsters and it was easy.

youtube.com/watch?v=_HzOpD-95ts

You goofed
Should have bought the gba ones.

Remind me what it did? Powered up after card flips?

What was the last good era? (ygo in row 6)

Attached: 1513060819253.jpg (1400x1039, 810K)

>Hating on duelist of the Roses

Never breathe again fag.

+100 attack and defense to all zombies at the start of each turn when in face up defense mode. Just guard your deck master with it on terrain with advantage and the AI can't do shit to you.

I recall fighting against the red rose faction was like easy mode, the opponents weren't too hard, white rose was pretty bullshit.
Also did anyone else use the model viewer to take upskirt views? Gemini Elf was cute

>playing Maiden of Aqua
>breeze through the game with that one water dragon, blue blob that gives water terrain.
>get to Kaiba
>summons monsters way stronger than mine
>even if I somehow win my monster gets paralyzed.
Wtf do I do.

I did too it was pretty fucking broken

I used that tactic and built up mainly a water deck to take advantage of it.
I played defensive as fuck when I got to the late game, lucked through most of the final fights

This was the first game I ever had for my PS2 (well technically one of the first since our family got it and War of the Monsters at the same time)

Absolute kino. Also Kaiba was the far better protag compared to Yugi in this game. Actually sends you home, with a free invite to his illuminati-ass family connections too.

Kino

Game is absolutely LIT. So many broken card combos. Where my /Machine/ Deck bois at?

I remember letting it build up to 9999 ATK for the hell of it when going in for the final blow against the final boss.

Early Millenial has the best games and cartoons, Core Millenial also has decent games and cartoons, Late X has the best movies

I don't think I ever finished it but man was that OST great
youtu.be/u20Jz9iY6LU
youtu.be/Q--fb6BVEcQ
youtu.be/NMd8g6ZMhMM
youtu.be/heFQe-DAhGg
youtu.be/cI2-IV05QSQ
youtu.be/qjpiqF_DL9A
youtu.be/VAK-x0dNNJg
youtu.be/Gkh5_LubAW4
youtu.be/guVrHgczXz8
youtu.be/5BVajwVTVHo

you could beat it in like 3 hours

Anyone ever play Yugioh Duel Accelerator Online? Was kind of a P2W game...

The main NPC duel theme was AMAZING though.

youtube.com/watch?v=-qGKqUiaI20&list=PL7E4FE99AC7985A46

To this day I'm upset my ps2 no longer works so I can't play this game alone.

The amount of grind needed for those abilities makes me feel like they intended for this to be one of those early PS2 Online games. If they ever get off their lazy asses and remake this title, netplay is an absolute must.

>Lvl 4 with 2000 DEF that gives all Light monsters (itself included) +800/+800 on flip

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

Attached: file.png (251x201, 92K)

>kids who were too stupid to look at the back of the box

learn a lesson at least?

light/fairy themed decks were straight up broken

>Built a Mystical Elf spam deck
>If I get 5 Mystical Elves on the field at any point in time, flip all four of them on the same turn before actually attacking
>+4000/+4000 to every single one of them
>This is before using any Power-Up, of which there are plenty, since they are Light Spellcaster Females

Attached: Happy Tomoko.gif (622x350, 1.36M)

vs lancastrians is kino. one of the most memorable video game tracks i've ever heard.