Here's your PS5 bro

Attached: 1525262217593.png (633x636, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_(microarchitecture)
pcper.com/reviews/Storage/PS4-Pro-SSD-Upgrade-Does-SATA-III-Make-Difference/Testing-Methodology-Results
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps3-system-software-memory
wccftech.com/amd-navi-gpu-radeon-rx-benchmarks-graphics-performance-rumors/
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Why_a_GPU_mines_faster_than_a_CPU#Why_are_AMD_GPUs_faster_than_Nvidia_GPUs?
youtube.com/watch?v=1vli7FsGHL0
finder.com.au/gran-turismo-8k-playstation-5
youtube.com/watch?v=5QJl7XEagok&t=327s
tomshardware.com/news/cadence-micron-16gb-ddr5-ram,37942.html
youtube.com/watch?v=S2jTYM7c7q0
youtube.com/watch?v=26EzYDBNwLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fake and gay

What would that cost as a PC?

is sony having another PS3 moment

is this gonna cost 599 us dollars

why the fuck using 4gb only while expecting this to least for 5+ years? the state of consolefags spending money on this...

The first company that figure out how to transfer data across rooms from PC to the TV will kill the entire console market in a day...

yup the cycle continues, get ready for the renaissance of the xbox era boys. 360 all over again.

Attached: 1539138811216.jpg (220x287, 14K)

OHNONONO SONY BROS, IT WASNT SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE THIS!!!!!!

My fellow Xbros, we are on track for a generation of winning.

Attached: 1544732661595.jpg (633x874, 318K)

>4GB ram for the OS
wat

>4GB RAM
>"Consoles are better than PCs of the same price segment, trust me"

Attached: 40keks.jpg (135x119, 5K)

>tfw my 2 year old rig is still better than that
Feels fantastic.

>zen2 and navi
I dont see what's wrong here? care to explain?

jeez how much will it cost?

Not too bad except for the zen2, guess sony couldn't WAIT for the 37xx

>4gb ddr4 ram for OS

>2tb
cool we can fit 4 games there

8 core Ryzen CPU - $300
14 TF GPU - probably around $400 - 500
24 GB DDR6 RAM - $200 - 300 since it's using tech not on the consumer market yet
2 TB HDD - $60 - 100

At minimum, you'd be spending around $960 and at maximum you'd probably be spending $1200. This doesn't ionclude extra peripherals like monitor, keyboard, OS, power supply, etc.

Sony is literally offering us a high end PC for cheap. Stay seething PC fags.

It's fake, sony uses AMD GPU and their strongest one generates ~13 tflops, and that alone costs $600

why would an OS alone need 4GB of dedicated ram

Literally just bought a PC so I wouldn't have to worry about this. Even after it gets announced, no worthwhile exclusives are coming for a while

being this level of retard and lying to himself, just kill yourself or at least don't reproduce

>20GB GDDR6
That sounds like a lot, no?

>This doesn't ionclude extra peripherals like monitor, keyboard, OS, power supply, etc
A television is a peripheral

>HDD
People are already moving to NVMe 2280 SSD standard, this is fucking pathetic.

your 2 year old rig is better then unreleased unbenchmarked technology, wow user

If they sold it at a huge loss in hopes of making up cost on the backend then I would believe this, but Sony gamers don’t buy games. They play shit like Fortnite and buy one game per year like FIFA or Madden. Not a great strategy.
Otherwise they are selling this console at 800 bucks

that's even worse since they will continue to use gpu memory only, games nowadays already use ~7gb from gpu + ~5gb from system on 4k, there is no way they're going to put even close to that in GDDR since that alone would cost more then a normal console price

all that power... sad that it probably gonna have like 2 worthwhile tittles... i miss the ps2/ps1 bros!!

Literally almost every home has a television, not every home has a monitor though, or any of the other million peripherals.

>1k
>high end
High end graphics cards cost more than that.

>not every home has a pc
Do you live in Africa sonyfag?

>HDD
hahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahaha
*breathes in*
hahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahaha

And Microsoft and Nintendo won next gen.

I'm ready. I just hope both consoles actually launch with games this time.

>sony is going to do a ps3 all over again
so maybe thats why they skipping on the e3?

>This doesn't ionclude extra peripherals like monitor, keyboard, OS, power supply, etc.
does the PS5 include a TV? tack on an extra $500-$1000.

Microsoft E3 2019
>Xbox Scarlet, two new consoles in same style of Xbox One S and Xbox One X.
>Xbox Scarlet games playing natively on PC
>Many BC titles on PC including Xbox One, Xbox 360, and OG Xbox, expected to launch October 2019
>Xbox Scarlet game development will allow games to be sold on Xbox One/PC at discretion of publishers
>Xbox Game Pass expanded - day 1 first party/second party games, third party AAA games a couple months after launch, indie games all the time
>More studios acquired, expect at least 3 announcements
>Xcloud detailed, stream from your xbox console to your Windows/iOS/Android device. Microsoft will eventually offer subscription streaming from Microsoft Azure.
>Play Anywhere now applies to everything. If you own it digitally, download it to your Xbox or PC, or stream it to your Windows, iOS, Android device.
>Xbox Live Gold will continue to offer the best complimentary games for subscribers each month
>New Xbox controller variations. Standard, Elite, and Hybrid
>Halo Infinite
>Gears 5
>Fable RPG
>Ori and the Will of the Wisps
>Cyberpunk 2077
>Rocksteady DC game
>Harry Potter RPG
>Battletoads
>Killer Instinct
>More than 30 games shown off

Meanwhile at Sony E3 2019
>*crickets*

who cares at this point it's just more diminishing returns

Those are for adults doing work, honey.

>I saw it on Twitter so it must be true

Wouldn't surprise me if this was Cuckbox psyops desu

Mining crypto is not work.

You can use your television as a monitor you donut.

Attached: example-16657.jpg (1024x1024, 71K)

I'm a tech brainlet is there a problem with these specs?

Attached: DhVto4HW4AAcEjZ.jpg (1200x684, 60K)

everybody already has a tv dumbass

>14.2 tf

Fake

Attached: IMG_2437.jpg (127x159, 9K)

Not that guy but it's not the mid 00's anymore, m80. Most normies don't have PCs because their smartphone can do anything they'd need a PC to do.

Then they don't need to buy a monitor.

We're gonna get a high end PC in a console for a relatively good price but I imagine PS+ prices will double

And that television cost money

A PC like that would only cost around 500 maybe 600 tops, and you can get something better than that.

>4 GB RAM for OS
What the fuck

hdd are slow as fuck compared to ssd

20GB RAM
The 4 is for the OS

3000 series is zen 2, 2700x and those are zen+

No, they're good. That's why it's fake.

Microsoft and Nintendo are going to win next gen so hard it's not even going to be funny, Sony is censoring all of their games and making multiple mistakes, there will be no recovery in 10th gen because there won't be a 10th gen.

based out of touch 4channeler

>nearly 1k in value
Yeah good luck selling that

HDD sounds dubious, unless they are trying to scam people into practically mandatory upgrade to SSD. Other than that, eh. Sounds alright for about half a year, then PCs will outpace it again.

VRAM is not the same as RAM dude

> the year 202X
> NO SSD
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Attached: 1513895897648.png (358x309, 227K)

>hyper threading in 2019

Attached: 1452205025806.png (649x649, 296K)

GDDR is the ram of the gpu my dude.

That's about as much of a leap from the PS4/XBone as they were from the PS360. That'll also probably put it in about the same place relative to comparatively-specced PCs as the PS4/XBone were in 2013, though I'm guessing both Sony and MS are probably going to target a $499 launch price and count on backwards compatibility and the fact that just like last gen it's going to be a price drop or two before they stop making games from the old consoles anyway to get away with it.

imagine being this stupid

Attached: 1550827668168.gif (305x500, 20K)

Sure looking forward to play all those high-quality exclusives on my Xbox Two, oh wait...

Just get a second job.

Attached: iu[1].jpg&f=1.jpg (580x327, 58K)

pretty fake looking specs. and if its real it would retail at at least $500+

>high end PC
>locked down snoy ecosystem
>can only run licensed games and tv apps
>can't be upgraded
>still has no games

The benefits of consoles have always been either exclusivity or cost. If neither apply today, what justifies this thing's existence?

>24 GB DDR6 RAM - $200 - 300 since it's using tech not on the consumer market yet
hell there child we're going to have some adult talk now so listen carefully. in these wacky made up specs in the op image there are two different type of memory. you dont just combine 20gb of gddr6 and 4gb of ddr4 and call it 24gb of ddr6 ram. it's not on the consumer market because there's no such thing as ddr6 you doofus. ddr5 was only recently finalized and gddr6 is currently in use on new nvidia cards.

The Wii U specs were leaked by some defunct french news website

B-but user! FEWER, BIGGER GAMES!!!

Attached: 1548698304545.jpg (620x465, 59K)

>top end GPU as standard

Attached: 1392645640199.jpg (282x415, 18K)

Lensflares over tits.

They could re-release the ps2 hardware in a new case for all I care.
They just need to MAKE *clap emoji* GOOD *clap emoji* GAMES *painting fingernails emoji*

Tits are gay anyway

higher than top end, 2080ti is 13.4 tflops, Radeon VII is 13.8

but this is gonna have 14.2?

yeah right.

Attached: smug tbone.jpg (300x300, 40K)

Reader passing through, there are multiple consoles that have used the same pool for both VRAM, CPU RAM and even system RAM. I wonder more that they need 4GB memory just for the OS. The Switch dashboard only uses under 400kbyte of system memory for example (dunno if true)

It's not VRAM. If it was VRAM, it would say VRAM. It's RAM. Production is cheapest when you used common and uniform parts, and that would make it difficult for the RAM to add up to 20GB. However, it will add up to 24GB very easily, 4GB of which will be dedicated system memory.

I guess the PS4 has 0gb ram then since its all gddr5. Stop being tech illiterate.

4gb for ram you fucking brainlet

SPODERMAN GAME

There will probably be even fewer than that.

Literal retard
Kill yourself

Lensflare over exposed female hair.

Isn't Google eyeing to enter the market with their own console now too?

SIX HUNDRED AND NINETY-NINE DOLARS

>mfw this is true and Sony games STILL can't do 60fps

Attached: 1430917127463.jpg (250x233, 4K)

They're selling onlive 2.0. Only massive cucks will jump on that.

>HDD
It's fucking 2019, how can you still get away with using HDDs and not SSDs?

Attached: 1552146071433.jpg (750x748, 82K)

Fake as all hell. To put those graphics numbers in perspective a 2080 Ti is 13.5 tflops. The closest amd is the vega VII and that uses above 300 watts and is only 13.8 tflops. So unless Sony wants to sell fire insurance with the console i doubt it will be the specs listed

OH BOY! Another Super Charged PC for literally pennies! Thanks Sonya!

#4ALLtheplayers

Attached: Quality.webm (1920x1080, 1.26M)

people like to play sitting on their couches, not hunched over a mouse and keyboard.

PC's are just awkward in the living room and theres no getting around it easily.

Just some streaming box.

>Look boss I posted it again
>C-Can I get my raise now?

Kill yourself, shills.

Normies will jump on it. A proprietary console likely won’t sell well, but streaming to tablets and smart phones will be a huge market soon. 500 mill devices in US alone.
Most of these companies won’t have the line up and support of Microsoft tho

Nah. Its gonna cost 699 US dollars plus tax and that's if we're lucky.

Seems realistic. The only thing really rising an eyebrow is the RAM. They will combine VRAM and CPU RAM like they did before, but 20 is still a little high and the dedicated system memory is weird, too. What I could imagine is that they use a slightly overclocked Radeon 7 as base which ships with 16GB VRAM already so they tried to stay close here with a 4GB buffer for CPU tasks. The dev can obviously mix and match how he likes since it's the same pool. 4GB pure system RAM, even if it's DDR4 seems a little excessive though, maybe the also want to be sure that you can play, stream and update in the background all at the same time.
But still, I can't imagine the 24GB total RAM, even subsidized, at the current RAM market prices.

>500 mill in US alone
>US population is 325.7 million

que?

>at the current RAM market prices
RAM has been the cheapest in ages and is predicted to go down even further later into the year.

If Sony starts ramping up production near year end 2019 to push for a holiday 2020 or early 2021 release, I could see them having really cheap RAM to put into their consoles.

Cope

>4GB buffer for CPU tasks
GDDR memory is not very CPU friendly. It has high bandwidth, but also high latency, which bottlenecks the CPU. That's why we have dedicated specialized VRAM on videocards designed for GPUs, which require bandwidth above all. Granted, there are lots of things you can offload to a GPU now, but then why even bother with a high end CPU to begin with?

The Cpu will be clocked at like below 2ghz again mongoloid. Nor will it be $500 GPU tier.

Literally nobody that cares about console wars can run UWP games on their computer.
I actually think Sony will have a hard time keeping up now that it is just iterative upgrades to x86 systems now.

It is cyclical
>win generation and abuse consumers as much as you can
>get cocky next gen realising it a hard reset, piss off everyone
>company being prosumer as balls to play catchup capitalizes on it.

Assuming 12GiB for the normal RAM and 8 for the GPU it isn't too impressive. Even mid-range machines are hitting that mark.

Hey morons you realize companies don't pay retail price for their parts right? There is no middle man retailer upcharging and comes straight from the factory also they have deals and contracts with AMD to reduce costs even more

Based how does Sony keep on winning we got the best exclusives and third party can't wait to play games at 120 fps 4k native.

Attached: 1440383972756.gif (540x304, 1.52M)

word, but we going team green this time
-crossplay
-no censor
-stronger hardware

Attached: DMCV-Censor-ds1-670x670[1].png (670x372, 289K)

Yes. But the margins on these products, especially AMDs offerings are incredibly slim to begin with. Even if these parts had a 100% markup this would be too expensive.
>get cocky next gen realising it a hard reset, piss off everyone
***NOT realizing it is a hard reset

>HDD
ITS FUCKING NOTHING
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

put your own sdd

Not quite, we are still a good 10-20% over 2016 prices.
But you are right the trend has been going downward for some time now.
On the other hand, GDDR6 is new so it will still be pricier, but then again until 2021
this could all be solved like you said.

So? The PS4 also just had GDDR5 memory for both CPU and GPU and I doubt caching over the DDR4 will bring any performance benefit whatsoever.

THANK YOU.

20 gigs of RAM is absolutely absurd for both the price it'd cost Sony, to say nothing of the cost it'd presumably impact onto consumers.

I'm also not convinced that a purpose-built OS would need a full 4 gigs of higher-than-needed-quality RAM (recall the jump from DDR3 to 4 is minuscule in most applications, and in mass is a big enough price hike that I find justification to make that jump for a console to be unlikely at best) to do the things you listed; it's a very weird and suspicious spec in the middle of some already improbable specs as it is.

Remember that the PS3 was able to play music in the background as a feature for supported games, and both it and the 360 were able to download updates in the background whilst playing a game; streaming might add additional weight onto that but this also seems rather unlikely to justify THAT much of a jump on purpose-built static hardware configurations with an OS to match; I'd also presume streaming would likely just be grabbed straight off the card or kept in a card buffer, similar to how Shadowplay functions, if I recall.

I'll take the bait.
>for cheap
>>no listed price
>>>>for cheap
>doesn't know how RAM works, combines RAM types
>doesn't even try to factor in the cost of a motherboard, for or against sony, apparently sony gets them for free
>sony also apparently gets power supplies for free
>sony ALSO apparently gets controllers for free
>sony ALSO apparently gets disk drives for free

Steam Link is now just a full-on free app you can download on most TV's, Phones, and Tablets.
Or you can just buy one of the boxes off ebay or something, steam was literally selling them for 4.99

Xbox never had stronger hardware though. The original xbox one was a joke, out spec'd and cost 100$ more than the PS4.

The cycle of arrogance continues.

Jesus christ, are consolefags going to fall for this shit LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GEN?
How are you people STILL this fucking stupid?

Attached: 1373391545926.jpg (368x368, 34K)

Can you fucking read? Retard.

xbone og was them going full retard but seeing 1X the next one should be close in specs

What's sucks for Sony is that I don't think Microsoft and Nintendo are going to make the same mistake again.

PS4 also has a weak APU, unified GPU and CPU, and it made some sense for it to just have shared GDDR memory. If you're gonna go for a full on CPU build, you gotta give it some actual RAM to work with.

>higher-than-needed-quality RAM (recall the jump from DDR3 to 4 is minuscule in most applications, and in mass is a big enough price hike that I find justification to make that jump for a console to be unlikely at best)
DDR3 is pretty much out of production and now more expensive and harder to source than DDR4. Aditionally no AMD chipset supports DDR3 atm, and Ryzen actually scales really well with RAM speed. I think it makes SOME sense, the better question is how do they do the RAM split with an SOC. and why would they do 20gb VRAM as you say.

Imagine being this stupid.

From PS4 Wiki:
>The unified memory architecture allows the CPU and GPU to access a consolidated memory, removing the need for separate, dedicated memory pools.

>OS
>4 GB
What the fuck? Is it running Vista or something?

xbox was more powerful than ps2
xbox one is significantly stronger than ps4 pro

There are 500 million smart phones and tablets. Not hard to comprehend.
It’s like firearms.

>PS4 Wiki
>credible sourse
chose one, brainlet

Maybe GDDR6 got better latency. Dunno.
Maybe the infinity fabric of AMD is shitty enough they don't need lower latency. Dunno.

Honest question; considering that the PlayStation division is in FAR better financial shape now than it was at the end of the 7th gen, will Cerny be allowed to be a bit more adventurous with the hardware or is it gonna be gimped by a proportionately shit-tier CPU again to save on manufacturing costs?

>below 2ghz

nah
Zen chips are really efficient and run cool. I expect a clock speed of 2.5ghz at least

>4GB OS RAM
Please tell me none of you are taking this paltry shit seriously

Could still be bottlenecked.
Remember that the PS4's SATA Connector was only one in physical form, it communicated in USB for...some insane reason I can't quite fathom.
BD-Drive ran through SATA though.

24 gigs of ram? Kinda weird number.

>will Cerny be allowed to be a bit more adventurous with the hardware or is it gonna be gimped by a proportionately shit-tier CPU again to save on manufacturing costs?

They already got more "adventurous" with Cell once, I think they will avoid that.

>
Xbone is the same IIRC.

not sure about ps4 but xbone already supported usb3 external so probably they're gonna adopt a faster standard

Consoles attaining near-perfect parity with PC's will actually encourage LESS PC porting instead of more

>14 terrorflops GPU
>still uses spinning rust as storage

Attached: 1511919690053.jpg (800x807, 340K)

4 gigs devoted to the OS (Which is fishy as all hell, I might add; a custom-built OS on static known hardware shouldn't ever need that much memory)
With 20 gigs on the GPU, which is an even weirder fuckin' number

A. That is a thing that will never happen.
B. Not really cause it makes it easier.

usb3 is as fast as sata.

doesn't really matter how fast the sata is anyway when there's a fucking mechanical hard disk and gimped optical drive on the other end. they probably weren't saturating usb2 bandwidth

To be fair, I don't think Cerny is batshit insane like Ken Kutaragi became.

>Initial plans called for just 64KB of memory for every SPE, but the software team realized very early on that this amount would not suffice. Memory was increased to 128KB, and still, that wasn’t enough. “I said fine by me, but it is a zero sum game, so you can have eight SPEs with 128KB, or six SPEs with 256KB. “That was when we briefly went from eight to six, then Kutaragi saw that and he said ‘what is this, I didn’t approve that? It has to be eight.’” Later in the meeting, when asked why, he replied: “Eight is a beautiful number.”

Prepare to be disappointed.
They're going to do the exact same thing they did this gen and pour all the resources into the GPU.
Most likely we'll be seeing a 1.9-2.2 GHz 6-core/12-thread CPU that ends up being outperformed by an Ivy Bridge i7 paired with a 7-8 TFLOP AMD GPU (likely whatever their mid-range Navi GPU is, unless Navi isn't ready by 2019, in which case it'll be another shitty Vega rebrand if it doesn't end up being delayed to 2021/2022).
People really need to understand how AMD operates, I know consolefags are new to this shit and zoomers are technologically illiterate, but AMD ALWAYS hypes up their GPU tech and it ALWAYS under-delivers.
Literally the exact same shit we're hearing about Navi now we were hearing about Vega 3 years ago.
Fuck, there were even the exact same rumors that the XboneX would be using a Vega 56-tier GPU based on Vega instead of the RX 580 Polaris refresh GPU we got.

>seething
nah its fine we get fromsoft games now, keep paying them 6-800 dollars to play 1-2 exclusive games though.

Attached: 1512557933124s.jpg (210x195, 6K)

That doesn't make sense, especially since both Playstation and Xbox run a similar x86 architecture similar to most modern PCs. Should make porting to PCs easier than ever and will make emulating them down the road easy as well

what a stupid, emotionally-charged thing to think.

A 2080ti is a 13 teraflops gpu, less than the ps5 and the 2080ti cost like $1k by itself kek PC cuckolds are so fucked, can't wait for a Bloodborne 2 to come along and ass blast this board for another half decade

>amd
>high end
lol

But user, this way they can sell you an official SONY brand SSD "upgrade" for additional $200

cell was supposed to be a play for general cpus (back before arm was really a competitior), ironically that's kind of where things are going?

>Wasting money building a super high end console when streaming is the future
Why would they do that?

easily over a $2000 because a 14tflops GPU right now is going for $999 (RTX 2080 Ti). So yeah, this leak is most likely fake or the PS5 won't come out till like 2022 or Sony's taking a huge hit on each console sold like they did with the PS3.

Attached: 786632.jpg (1252x704, 123K)

>near-perfect parity with PC
Yeah, for maybe 6 months.

>why is console $1500 and not $299!?

dumb question cause I know fuckall about Jaguar.
Was Ps4/Xbone 8cores/8modules? or were there shared modules like Piledriver?

>20gb gddr6
>only 4gb ram
what

$699 2.0 time

>4 gigs devoted to the OS (Which is fishy as all hell, I might add; a custom-built OS on static known hardware shouldn't ever need that much memory)

system is recording your gameplay at all times for several minutes.

Rumour: OP sucks dicks, no end in sight

isn't like

imagine being this retarded.

>system is recording your gameplay at all times for several minutes.
Ah, just constant bloat on the whole system

look at BOM for ps4 they get apus for way cheaper since they buy in millions

people love it though, and i like making clips too.

It's not 2010 anymore gramps, SSDs are pretty fucking affordable these days and only getting cheaper.

>PS5 will finally use SSD's
>game installs are still 70+ gb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>exact same thing they did this gen and pour all the resources into the GPU

This gen they used an APU, not a dedicated CPU/GPU.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_(microarchitecture)

None of this matters, look at the PS4 that had pure dedicated video RAM for the whole system and a pretty beefy processor. Its only worthwhile exclusive, Bloodborne, was made by a bunch of retards (From) that somehow couldn't make their PS2-looking game run at 60 FPS.

Attached: 1552332254150.png (392x472, 300K)

That sure is a nice Playstation console that I won't be buying for the first time ever until Sony California isn't calling the shots anymore.

Actually, most games are extremely heavy on a single thread (or 2).
Hence why Intel CPUs often come out ahead of AMD CPUs in the vast majority of games, since they generally have slightly greater IPC than similarly-clocked AMD parts and operate at much higher clock speeds.
This is why theoretically the CPUs in the Xbone/PS4 should be able to compete with something like an i5 4570 based on raw "compute" power, but are often outperformed by a Pentium G4560.
People also swore up and down that this gen we'd be seeing every game be heavily multi-threaded by the end of the generation, but that's also not true.

i didnt think consolefags were actually this dumb but you surprised me

Imagine being this mad

Can't wait for the olympics, since it'll been PS5 advertising out the wazoo with 4K 4K 4K 4K 4K in your face so Sony can sell TVs off the back of it.

not when devs ship games with day1 patches that are the same if not larger than the entire bluray disc

Anybody in a first world country has had a monitor for the past 20 years now.

most games in general are not cpu-heavy is what he is saying, and he is correct.

Just can't wait to pay out the ass for one good exclusive again can ya?

Attached: 1487194122986.jpg (620x592, 48K)

>beefy processor
What are you smoking?

This is what's in your PS6, it's fucking shit.

Yeah if anything given the history of consoles has shown us is that consoles and PC's have perfect parity

Attached: 1317179392493.gif (218x228, 1003K)

aren't the main engines optimized for that
(MT/RE/Fox engine)

GF could not give it to them this alleged SoC for below $700 even if they sold it at cost, and even if AMD licensed it for free.
The console will obviously use a SoC user. They aren't building out a fucking PCIE expansion card system. if you consider the last gen an APU, then this will be using an APU as well.

user, an APU is just a CPU and a GPU (or in this case multiple GPU cores) on the same die.
All this means is that they're going to share the same memory pool and theoretically can communicate with one-another more efficiently.
Most games in general outside of 2D games are thread-heavy, meaning most of them heavily tax a single thread (or 2 threads).
Which, again, is why the relative performance of these consoles is rather underwhelming.
The big bottleneck is less hardware nowadays and more software and the talent of the developers creating the game/engine.

*PS4

>GDDR6 this early
>random amount of RAM
>HDD with these kinds of over the top expensive parts
Why don't fake leaks try to look real?

so theres even less poorfag retards using PC? Sounds good to me

Nah, even with an SSD it was still getting bottlenecked by...something?
SATA 3's a gb/s faster than USB 3 I might add
In addition, even slapping a high-shelf SSD didn't exactly rock loading speeds (On the Pro, which apparently DOES use SATA 3)

pcper.com/reviews/Storage/PS4-Pro-SSD-Upgrade-Does-SATA-III-Make-Difference/Testing-Methodology-Results

You're not explaining to me, I am explaining to you. Most games are not CPU-heavy. We're not talking about load on threads.

If games are "CPU heavy" on consoles, it is more often than not a result of the "CPU" being six-seven years behind spec.

Well first of all, MT Framework doesn't actually properly support multithreading, and secondly Fox Engine literally hasn't been used in a mainstream game that anyone cares about since 2015, so it's not really a "main" engine.
Engines like Unity, UE4, Cryengine, pretty much any heavily-licensed engine is pretty demanding on threads 0 and 1, but again, it mainly depends on the developers.
There's a reason why a 2D game like Broforce, which runs on Unity, manages to have horrible framedrops on consoles. The devs can't into multithreading and each individual thread in modern consoles is horribly weak.

PS5 will have an even smaller library

No physical copies, no buy.

Pc gaming gonna die if that's the minimum ram. Most pc plebs only have like 4-8gb. And that's before windows/browsers eats up half of it.

Yeah, fellow sonybro

...say, where's the price for the PS5? I can't find it anywhere in the thread???

>Oh shit this way better than my PC, no way will my shit be able to run next gen games if they're made with this kind of hardware in mind

>Shit defelct and deny SNOY SNOY SNOY SNOY

A) the power of a GPU is not just a random raw Tflops estimate that doesn't even specify FP16 or FP32.
B) if this estimate is remotely true, PS5 is a LOOONG way out, and Nvidea will have long since surpassed Navi by then.
C) Console gens are like 5+ years, but GPU tech moves every 6-12 months.

>by...something?

The garbage APU.

The only certainty about the PS5 specs is you will be disappointed when you learn them. Tech is getting more expensive instead of cheaper you aren't getting cutting edge specs for $400-500. Sony and Microsoft are done playing loss leader.

I hope it does die and then nobody can make your games for you lmao

maybe sold at a loss? seeing how they're crushing this gen and can offset the profits here with the loss on next gen adoption until they gain a clear lead over xbox

You're arguing something completely separate from what I am.
Most games are taxing for a small amount of threads on a CPU.
This does not mean they're "CPU-demanding" it generally means that they feature poor multi-threaded support.

I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics of you faggots bragging about backwards compatibility AKA re-buying your old games off PSN, as a means of justifying the purchase of a $500+ nogames box.

>Should make porting to PCs easier than ever
The current batch of consoles use glorified AMD APU CPU's that modern PC's absolutely smoke, it's been easier than ever the moment we moved from Power CPU's, i.e. the launch of the XB1/PS4, and yet PC port quality relative to hardware is worse than ever, or nonexistent until years after the game in question is relevant, NEVER EVER isn't a meme that sprouted from nowhere

>4-8gb

This was true a few years ago but it's a lot more common for people to have 16gb nowadays

Most games are not taxing on CPU. Period. A minority of games are CPU-heavy.

CPU power/time has accelerated light years faster than CPU demand tasks/time

Please just stop now, thanks

yeah but that is a really, REALLY lowball estimate for just the SoC in and of itself user.I mean how many years out are we talking here. I also don't think they can undercut Microsoft of all companies, who will inevitably be using an almost identical SoC. and will probably be out the gate (or is at least rumoured to be) with a cheap low end, AND a high end model out the gate.

hoooooly shit

Attached: 1518499790999..gif (598x714, 181K)

>and yet PC port quality relative to hardware is worse than ever

PC "port" (they are not ports they are developed for all platforms at once) quality is unquestionably, objectively, truthfully the best of all time. This cannot be argued against by anyone who knows what they're talking about, 100% of people will oppose you.

go play Resident Evil 4 PC version. That was an ultra-platinum-selling game that they should've cared about.

Oh, so you're an idiot.
Filtered.

GPU will be little better than the Pro, but CPU will be the main focus ofc.
Then PS5Pro will get GPU upgrade in couple years.

I really don't see them coming out of the gate with a '14TF' GPU and shooting themselves in the foot.

BUILT FOR STATE OF THE ART WALKING SIMULATION

Nice job falling for a pkek falseflagger retard pkeks AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Untitled54.png (633x636, 324K)

So what is Sony planning on doing now that Japs and weeaboos won't buy their consoles anymore? You can only watch so many movies before getting bored and doing something else.

Attached: 1549482652771.jpg (600x337, 47K)

I have 32GB RAM, toasterfags don't count. Enjoy 4GB of memory dedicated to clunky menus and a Facebook button to share your epic gamer moments instead of anything useful for VIDEO GAMES.

>tell you to stop responding
>f-filtered!
>not using a trip or name

good try

But it is better than every and way WAY WAY more games are getting ported.

buy switch pro

Attached: SUNY.jpg (1500x1070, 298K)

Imagine believing this shit every console cycle. You seriously have to be new or retarded to believe this.

FPBP

I mean, to an extent, maybe.
But the test results would be bottlenecked across the board if that were the case, yeah?

Dude how much is this PS5 gonna cost though?

This is super fucking important, I need to know how much it'll cost. I can't argue against or for it without knowing the cost, because if it's upwards of a grand I can just upgrade my PC and I'm already ahead of it for less money.

If it's below, like, 500 or so, I can just buy it (the PS5) instead.

You see the issue here? There's not even a speculated price, just a list of components from some dude on twitter. The price determines the value, user. Big price = Better off upgrading what I have
Smol Price = Yeah worth me buying

AMD has absolutely nothing in the pipeline for the next several years anywhere close to a 14.2 TF GPU that would run at console required power draws. No not even Navi will be close to this.

I just want buttons on the back of the controller to become standard next gen. Once you get used to them, it's hard going back to using regular controllers.

>most plebs only have 4-8gb
Nigger, most people have 16gb of ram, especially ones tryna play video games

Console isn't even ANNOUNCED yet and pc fags are already ass blasted to another galaxy, lmao.

>They play fortnite or buy fifa
And yet Sony always sells the most when it comes to multiplats.
I don't even own a fucking console but I'm tired of you seething faggots spouting bullshit

All the Eurotard normalfags will buy it up to see the follicles on Messi's nutsack.
Kek, is that a fucking joke?

Attached: DevilMayCry5 (2)_2019_03_10_22_12_46_791.jpg (3840x2160, 1.9M)

>2000 dollar tv
GG sonyfags.

Doesn't seem that bad really. Expensive though. Probably $500 price point. I think they're banking on the average consumer to be smart enough to realize that microsoft shitting out a $199 stream box means they don't have the physical games on their system. But i'm not so hopeful.

I hope i'm wrong though, I hope MS puts out another 360 tier really solid system (minus the whole red ring shit. 4 fucking systems, come on.) and it creates some serious competition. But as is with microsoft trying to do this "buy it here and get it eeeeeeeeeeverywheeeeeeeeeere" shit that ruins any interest people might have in buying a game on a system OVER pc, or buying a system at all for that matter, I think that even if sony fell flat on their fucking faces which may happen if this is true and they don't basically take an enormous loss with every unit, they're still going to be the preferable device.

Maybe cerny sucked some cock really good and got a great deal on the hardware.

Sony will cater to soicucks and furfags until they start making flops like the rest of the AAA market, then Sony HQ will liquidate SIE for cash, probably by pawning off the PS brand to the chinks.

Price
COST
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST
LITERALLY NOTHING MATTERS IF IT'S OVER A GRAND, YOU CONSOLE WARRING DORKS

COST
O
S
T

OH BOY CANT WAIT FOR 150GB GAMES!

No, we have 3 people in this house. 3 tablets, 1 apple watch, and 2 phones. I would say 500m is an underestimate.

Thanks AMD insider

Shh, just let them keep going.
As someone who owns an AMD GPU I always love watching retarded consolefags fall for the hype.
Then these same people start whining when they get shitposted at later.

Where's that one fag that always brags about his $2000 4k Kusony meme tv? I can use the laughs.

I've got a PC, PS4, and Switch. I don't mind it being better but the simple fact is most people won't pay $1500 for a console and anyone with half a brain realizes that. Hell you don't even respond to the other points so here is your easy (you) for obvious bait.

I imagine 6TF GPU + Ryzen, $299.
PS5Pro comes later.

Nah, i'm pretty sure the cpu will run at that speed (or higher). Efficiency is one of the strong cards of amd with this architecture. On the gpu side, i expect an okish jump in performance. Navi is a big improvement over Vega and the 7nm process is very promising. Still, i think this will not be a 4k games machine

Can someone edit Phil Spencer to make him motivated?

isn't that what they're working next on? they don't seem to be concerned in competing with nvidia at high end that much moreso going for console/tablet/laptops

Games will be 300+GB due to 4k bullshit and other assorted bloat, just wait. Look at the file size of game saves. Those are approaching 500+MB already.

> "buy it here and get it eeeeeeeeeeverywheeeeeeeeeere"
This is a great thing though.
> shit that ruins any interest people might have in buying a game on a system OVER pc, or buying a system at all for that matter
I think you grossly overestimate what percentage of the console market is just high end PC games begrudgingly buying a console to play a handful of exclusives, and how profitable that type of consumer is. Play anywhere can only help Microsoft. and having multiple skews could be quite interesting.

imagine believing this, its not the 2000s anymore.

literally the last thing they reveal dude

both snoy and ms are waiting to see who fucks up first

It's common sense. You think Navi is going to be over a 2x power jump over the RX 580 at the same price point while consuming less power while using the same base architecture?

That'd be the biggest GPU generational leap in recent history and it's completely bogus.

>20GB GDDR6

Attached: br.jpg (1920x1088, 455K)

The Specs in the op WOULD make it high end, like 2080ti high end.
Dude I am sure 7nm Navi will be the second coming of jesus cost nothing to produce and have amazing yields right out the gate!

are they doubling the flop count for fp32?

anyone with halve a mind upgraded to 32/64gb kits already. Only poor niggers have

hehe could be. Didn't Nintendo do that with the X1?

>same base architecture

Stopped reading right there

>Navi is a big improvement over Vega and the 7nm process is very promising.
People said literally the exact same thing about Vega in regards to Polaris, Polaris in regards to Hawaii/Fiji, and 12nm in regards to 28nm.
With the state of diminishing returns, no, the jump to 7nm will not be NEARLY as insane as people are expecting.
You people fall for the hype easily, but anyone who's been paying attention to PC hardware for more than 2 years knows that all this hype is just hot air and largely meaningless.
Yes, I am expecting clockspeeds in the neighborhood of 1.9 GHz to 2.2 GHz, and much like this gen they will instead rely on MOAR CORES to push greater performance.

Isn't Navi supposed to use HBM2 memory anyway? Or did AMD reneg on that already?

>$500 for a tv
Where? I paid $250 for my 50" 1080p

It's even better when you consider that AMD has already gone on record saying that Navi is not meant to compete with the high end and is instead focused on efficiency.

But I have an xbone controller and an HDMI cable.

So perfect for a console then?

Manufaturers are about to go into 2nm, we are truly scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Those carbon nanotubes and graphen tech will be sorely needed soon.

>4GB Ram for OS

Attached: what.gif (406x300, 3M)

Navi is confirmed to be GCN, so yes.

HBM2 is extremely unlikely considering they are supposed to be economical and that shits expensive.

consumer side probably. A semi-custom SoC made for consoles? nah.

Zen2 is going to be the biggest consumer pc market launch in the platform's history though. Even if it's not a massive jump AMD's 7nm process is already smoking incel's prime consumer grade housefire.

I just recall AMD shilling for HBM2 hard for a while.

>Another 599 console sold at a loss
How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man?
Unless they sell this shit like a phone where the upfront cost is 100$ but you pay 70$ monthly this isn’t gonna fly

Do you guys even know PS4 and Xbone already use 3GB RAM for OS?

I don't understand what Nintendo has to do with any of this. They are on their own cycle. They still haven't completely phased out the 3DS, nor made any Switch revisions. They are riding the Switch until like 2024, and by then the market will be completely different (i.e. state of streaming, mobile, VR, whatever else tech I'm not thinking about)

y'all niggas retarded

Yep, perfect for a mediocre XboneX-tier console.

14.2TFLOPS doesnt seem that outrageous considering Radeon VII is 13.8TFLOPS

very unlikely to be in a console however

The fuck doesn’t the switch have 4 gigs of ram?
Don’t you think they’d step their game up from that?

I like the play anywhere system, but I speak in terms of the business perspective, it's horrible to have less reasons for consumers to NEED your product. There's no excuse for it besides them knowing and admitting the xbone was an absolute, total fucking failure. And I respect that. But people now expect that play everywhere. So they've painted themselves into a corner, and when you're marketing your new system with "WOAH LOOK AT THIS COOL GAME THAT YOU CAN ALSO JUST NOT PLAY ON THIS NEW SYSTEM AT ALL BECAUSE IT'S ON PC" it takes the punch, and hype out of things.

PS4 uses 2 gigs of RAM for the Operating system, out of 8 gigs total.

>dude it's a cheap pc!
>so what if you have to pay for online? are you poor or something?
make up your mind, consolecucks

>Still on an R9 Fury
>The only AMD GPU that's a worthwhile upgrade is the $700 Radeon VII
>The Vega 56, my GPU's direct successor, is only about 15-20% faster
People are fucking insane if they think Navi is going to be anything but disappointing mid-tier hardware.

You’re beyond retarded if you think for even a 1/4 of a second that’s even remotely true

Attached: 13B37827-E138-480D-B874-98B175A4DC1A.jpg (502x525, 42K)

ok this is the second time where you don't really reply to my post

by "big improvements over Vega" i mean a jump -at least- in 15% to 25% in performance.
Apparently, the Navi chips for consoles are tailor made for gaming performance and not on compute performance (amd cards have been stronger than nvidia ones on this department)

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps3-system-software-memory

Basically 3-3.5GB RAM for OS, it's known since 2013.

>by "big improvements over Vega" i mean a jump -at least- in 15% to 25% in performance.
It won't even be that, most likely we'll be seeing a 10-13% increase in efficiency/per-watt performance, meaning consoles will likely be stuck with an RX 580/590 tier GPU.

>Apparently, the Navi chips for consoles are tailor made for gaming performance and not on compute performance
Are you retarded?
Modern games are extremely compute-heavy, pretty much every modern engine makes extensive use of GPGPU tech, so compute performance largely IS gaming performance.
Hence why even Nvidia started heavily optimizing the compute performance of their GPUs by the time Pascal came around.

actually, they could make up lost costs with revenue from ps+ subs. maybe scale back the amount of games offered per month and raise the price another $10

No they practically surrendered that entire market to Nintendo
They killed off the vita and left weebs with two choices
PC and dying of waiting or Nintendo

Yeah the RX 580 is barely any stronger than the R9 290 a card that came out over 3 years prior to it.

I'd peg Navi at best as somewhere between a Vega 56 and Vega 64. Continuing the tradition of releasing a budget card that's roughly the same as a previous high end card several years later.

This is the absolute perfect post to describe each and every PCFag on this board. Total morons who think they know everything.

> 2TB HDD.

Imagine not using SSD in 2025 when the PS5 will be mid cycle at most. Enjoy those 5 minute loading screens.

>all these PC gaymers that fell for the SSD jew

Attached: yipes.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

this, the ship has sailed on silicon, its fucking done

Too good to be true and likely is

I think the most telling aspect of Navi being underwhelming is the fact that it's been delayed like a year and a half.
People forget that Navi was originally slated for early 2018.
It's obvious AMD is having some trouble with it.

>8 core Ryzen CPU - $300
>14 TF GPU - probably around $400 - 500
>24 GB DDR6 RAM - $200 - 300 since it's using tech not on the consumer market yet
>2 TB HDD - $60 - 100

>At minimum, you'd be spending around $960 and at maximum you'd probably be spending $1200. This doesn't ionclude extra peripherals like monitor, keyboard, OS, power supply, etc.

>Sony is literally offering us a high end PC for cheap. Stay seething PC fags.

I'll just make up the difference by pirating.

One day I'm going to learn what all the hardware jargon means. I swear.

>Source is totally legitimate they leaked something else before i swear

Attached: vomitingwojak.png (584x475, 301K)

consoles don't need to use system ram for games.

new consoles are going to make money collecting your data, not selling software, not selling hardware.
Just like new cars.

you're all fucking retarded.

But look at these graphics and ignore the silky smooth 27 fps frame rate with input lag

I can't wait for console fags to buy this for $699 plus tip then have all their games ported to PC anyway.

Attached: 4129050i.jpg (600x600, 85K)

The os doesnt need muxh
that being said 24 gb in a console is retarded

Console niggers like bigger numbers

what consoles always get semi custom shit from amd/nvidia

Most of the ram usage for games is caching shit for the cpu amyways
running the whole system on gddr6 isn't a bad idea

They’re biggest mistake with the WiiU was naming it the WiiU
Just something like
The Nintendo: Ultra Famicom would’ve been a much better name

didn't it start higher then went lower overtime (optimizing the os)

At most they could maybe squeeze in a shit 1tb ssd
thats good enough for like 5 console games

20 gigs of ram? yeah no more like 8 and 12 at the most. Then again maybe Sony is cocky again and willing to release a console for $700, 4 gigs of ram is also excessive not even windows uses anything near that much and you can do a lot more with it then just play video games.

Doesn't matter in the end though. If they continue their censorship policy I won't be buying any Sony product and yes that means not even watching any movies they release. Fuck Sony they need to be taken a peg again or just fucking die already.

He's talking about HBM2 memory you mong.
And he's right, shit's insanely expensive.
Hence why AMD only produced like 7000 Radeon VII's.

>20gb gddr6
>AND 4gb ddr4 for the OS
Ram is consistently the thing these fake leaks keep giving themselves away on HARD.

>AlphaFoxWarefare
>base ps4 can already do ray tracing
>ps5 dev kits running games in 8k yes 8k

HOW FUCKING RETARDED HAS THIS BOARD BECOME? THERE ARE OVER 100 replies ON THIS SHIT FUCKING TWITTER POST BY A COMPLETE FUCKING RETARD

You all need to see a psychologist and get a fucking IQ test and everyone in this thread above me should be banned for 3 days so you can reflect on how stupid you all are for shitting up this board talking about a nonsense tweeter

Attached: 872731B2-FAFA-4BBC-B0A6-86DD591968E9.jpg (1012x1258, 248K)

699 US DORU! DORU! DORU! DORU!

>Are you retarded?
I ask you the same. What i meant is that amd cards are monsters on the backend but bottlenecked on the frontend. This and the way the architecture is engineered, lowers their performance in certain workloads (like games)

wccftech.com/amd-navi-gpu-radeon-rx-benchmarks-graphics-performance-rumors/

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Why_a_GPU_mines_faster_than_a_CPU#Why_are_AMD_GPUs_faster_than_Nvidia_GPUs?

My toaster has 32 gigs and I want a replacement

Welcome to the club xbro

Attached: F5281CBA-F816-4A5C-AF70-F1DC6B6F3E38.jpg (670x798, 154K)

All shitposting aside, what the absolute fuck was sony thinking skipping the next E3?

like bloodborne.

>2 tb
so by the time console niggers finish loading their game we'll be playing star citizen 2
top kek m8

Attached: 1496221622365.jpg (632x479, 36K)

>HOW FUCKING RETARDED HAS THIS BOARD BECOME? THERE ARE OVER 100 replies ON THIS SHIT FUCKING TWITTER POST BY A COMPLETE FUCKING RETARD

Are you really surprised?

Yea Forums was biting literally every switch related rumor regardless of source for the last year.

Yeah, it was great on psnow lmao

The fact that v is still replying to a fucking guy who said the base ps4 can already run raytracing speaks largey to how much this board has gone to shit

Uhh no, the issue with AMD GPUs is their shit drivers and low clock speeds.
One of which is a non-issue on consoles and thus isn't part of why console performance is largely shit, with the other being unfixable for console hardware since increasing clock speeds would mean increasing power draw, which is not an option for the power envelope consoles are aiming for, unless you want a 500W monster that sounds even more like a jet engine than the PS4 Pro already does.

>base PS4 can already do ray tracing

Attached: faceoff laugh.gif (430x215, 2.79M)

Its fun knowing i own one of those and people will pay over msrp for one

>24gb of ram
>high end PC

kill yourself

>objective improvement in performance
>jew
retard

GT Sport has a basic, pre-baked form of ray-tracing. That's why it doesn't have dynamic weather.

The "8k 120fps" has a precedent, although I think Alpha misunderstood the comment about an 8k console youtube.com/watch?v=1vli7FsGHL0 finder.com.au/gran-turismo-8k-playstation-5

yeah, I meant a consumer PCIE expansion card based on Navi could very likely have HBM2. A semi-custom SoC for PS5, will most certainly not.

>8k
4k is already enough for tv's
Current display specs can barely handle 8k, 8k is insane amounts of bandwidth

it has already been proven time and time again that using SSD's is overrated, overpriced and run hotter. Not to mention that for the same price you can buy HDD with like 3 or 4 times the space of an SSD you mongoloid. And at the end SSD speed won't matter because all of the important stuff that need constant access would already be on the Ran memory which is way faster. SSD is only a benefit when you got a major ram bottleneck.

I seriously doubt any non-highend card is going to get hbm2, you retard nigger

Unironically lack of anything of anything to show
I’m pretty sure Microsoft offered a bunch of 3rd party devs to exclude Sony product placement for 6 months starting E3 and ending 1st of the year 2020
PS4 owners will still get the game just at a much later date.
Dirty and underhanded but happens

That's called global illumination, and it's not ray-tracing.
Please stop talking about things you know nothing about.

>8K
The PS4 already sounds like a fucking jet mixed with a dying cow now
8K will see that shit on fire, I’ll be able to play Bloodborne 2 and heat up my morning coffee on a PS5

>"oh no i can't see boobies in my games now"

the state of uncensorship fags

Attached: 1311324405765.png (286x290, 11K)

>Uhh no

Do you even know how the GCN architecture works?

Nigger
have you literally ever looked at drive benchmarks before
ssd's are superior in speed, mechanical reliability, and noise
the only things hard drives are good for is capacity and write endurance

>pre-baked
>ray tracing
That's not how it works.

People like you are disgusting.

Do you?
Do you even understand why clock speeds are so relatively low on GCN GPUs?

the only thing that would make sense is some kind of small flash cache the size of a game

so if the gap is currently:
VEGA 64 12.6 Tflops vs GTX 1080 9Tflops.

then maybe this actually what ps5 is getting
Navi 14.2Tflops - 1080ti 11.3Tflops

You and I must have different definitions of "high end." AMD is already shipping a card that can be found for $300, with 8gb of HBM2.

The average consumer doesn't care about any censorship Sony is doing.

In fact you're gonna get more people going for the next Playstation due to the censorship because uneducated parents will see that it is a better choice for their children.

Sony finna go back to back

There's no reason to not go with Sony next gen. Even if MS happened to get better, they would still be far behind Sony at this point

Yeah, I know, it's some very primitive thing that kind of tries to do it. It was built specifically for the game. That's what he's talking about, but it's not real ray-tracing.

>last gen end of life flash sale to get rid of stock
you and i have different definitions of "shipping"

Did you type this out thinking the PS5 will be capable of 8k? I guarantee you the PS5 will do 1080p at a "cinematic framerate"

Attached: 2019-01-09_3 (1).png (1166x656, 1.17M)

>pre-baked form of ray-tracing

Attached: 1446622359762.gif (350x197, 1.6M)

Fuck off, remember when Nintendo censored all those games and Sega didn't? yeah Sega do what nintendon't and now we are all playing Nintendo multiplats on our Sega Switches.

I can already see the Xbox Arcade and Pro shitting on the PS5 along with the Switch.

they went 180 by mk2

Again, it's called global illumination, and games have been doing it for literally over a decade.
Pretty much every major current gen game does it.

Nigger, the Vega 56's MSRP is $400.

no, Vega56/64 is still part of their lineup and it officially got a pricedrop to compete with the 1660. Regardless, they launched their last mainstream gen with HBM2, and now you are telling me a generation and a half later their mainstream cards won't have it? yeah nah.

3.2 GHz? why?

This. Even with Ryzen efficiency they aren't getting an 8core part clocked that high on a console SoC.

>why?
it'll be 2.8ghz

it's the fucking same thing tech illiterate retard. The only difference is that one is synchronized and the other isn't, so one is more suitable to CPU and the other to GPU. But you can use either no problem. Like, Intel HD's use DDR (same memory pool as the system ram) and so does the Xbone. Meanwhile the entire PS4 runs on nothing but Gddr/Vram (CPU/GPU/OS).

what exactly is the problem in doing 2 threads per core? Are you aware of a CPU doing 3 or 4 threads? Or are you the type of retard that thinks single thread per core is superior? AMD were one of those and ended up giving up.

It isn't global illumination retard it's different than that stop talking about things you know nothing about

Oh I know it won’t
I’m just putting it into perspective of how fucking ridiculous that sounds.
That’s like saying I can make a Toyota Camery achieve 600 mphs and only cost 15,000$ new

My fucking 1700 does all core 3.2ghz turbo while drawing under 100w
zen2 is going to have no problem with that at all on a console

It literally is you fucking mongoloid, global illumination is literally baked lightbounce used to simulate proper light behavior via precomputed path tracing.
You're a fucking moron, stop posting.

You are aware that the consoles are targeting a 35W power envelope for the CPU, correct?

>35W power envelope
jesus

>My fucking 1700 does all core 3.2ghz turbo while drawing under 100w
Yes. and those CPU cores exist as the only thing on the die, no memory, no gpu cores nothing. getting cooled by a full sized cooler ,and powered by a full ATX power supply.
Now imagine there were enough Vega cores to power a full home console, which is quite GPU demanding, and said chip ad to be cooled by a single heatsink, that was cheap to produce, fit on a console form factor, and was reasonably quite. No imagine that same console form factor device needed an incredibly small, power supply that either fit in there, or even was just a simple powerbrick.
It is not exactly apples to apples. That is the same reason the PS4 jaguar cores ran at like 1.6ghz or something. When even a laptop with them was probably running at higher clocks.

A lot of people use their phones for everything, maybe having a tablet if they need something a bit bigger.

no thanks, i will just keep playing games

Attached: playstation tv.jpg (900x1013, 226K)

plot twist: this is the peak half-Precision compute performance. and the GPU is consideringbly less powerful than a Vega56 Honestly more likely than that number being the single precision performance.

The power difference will be insane, this will allow for a true next gen leap visually as well as a minimum standard of 4k@60fps

>will come out before the neXtbox
>will have an absolutely insane cross gen launch with the last of us 2 and death stranding
Xbox are fucked.

I was a former XBro who ascended to PC recently, and I hope Microsoft wins next gen just so I can get some tasty Xbox exclusives on Windows.

Oh, yeah, and Snoy is fucked if this turns out to be true.

You're full of shit, this would make it comparable to an Xbox One X, when we know it will be well well beyond it.

>HDD
Big yikes

There’s rumors that it’s releasing a year after the Xbox Arcade/Pro.

Can we please just stop these retarded graphic pushing trash?! The fucking Switch gave us Breath of the Wild! We don't need to keep making games that push hardware! We can just make good games with what we gave!

Attached: f40.png (640x480, 381K)

I am mostly joking, just think it is more realistic than the leak being real. But that would make it somewhat more powerful than an Xbone X. And that is probably the ballpark. Xbone X is just over a year old user.

No, not really.
The days of big leaps between gens is over, consoles will be incremental upgrades like phones going forward.

games are 100gigamen+ and consoles still use HDDs.
Why? they aren't even that expensive, if you can put that kind of GPU in there you can put an SSD in.

youtube.com/watch?v=5QJl7XEagok&t=327s

sorry I forgot it was zero sum. I will demand publishers only make things for the 2600 now.

>radeon 7 has 13.8 tf
>consoleniggers actually belive this
oh nononono

Looks like Sony will win another gen.

>This Xnigger who swallowed the Reddit fanfic again

kek

Attached: 1505847977145.jpg (1445x850, 130K)

YO YO YO! What’s up, Eric?

Nintendo has already realized it doesn't need to/can't compete in the standard console market, so they just said fuck it and started marching to the beat of their own drum. And their games are better for it.

>this is what consolefriends believe

I'm gonna buy all the consoles of next gen assuming there's even a single game on each I want to play, but there is no chance the PS5 will have specs that good. Also I really want to see SSDs in consoles, you can get 1tb SSDs pretty damn cheap nowadays

shitter than my current PC, checkmate consolefags

Attached: 1550451871839.jpg (1010x929, 77K)

14tflops for the PS4 sounds accurate though, that's what current GPUs can land, and the PS4 is still a year or two away, this is the standard for all consoles, the GPU in them is a few steps below the current top ones, when the PS4 comes out they will be smashing well past 20 tflops.

It can’t be a PC, or anything close to it, if you can’t pirate.

That wouldn't actually be that outlandish of a claim, the primary limitation that Xbox one X (PS4 Pro too) has is not the GPU, the GPU is adequate for the console shit that people play - the problem is that the CPU which is hot garbage. They could make the games "look" way better by just upgrading the CPU without even touching the GPU other than maybe some minor upgrades. Also memory is also a major thing, because texture quality is very limited on consoles thanks to relatively low memory.

This especially when you factor in it is gonna be a fucking 2.5" drive.
Double the IOPS, which is still slower than an SSD, in a technology that could never fit in a 2.5" form factor. Very good user. Now what does it have to do with the thread?

Doesn't matter Trump is president so everyone makes more money

Can't wait to fuck your asshole when the crap NuXbox SKU doesn't get the same name as the crap 360 SKU.

>Now what does it have to do with the thread?
absolutely nothing, I just like watching consolefags clamor to their low end garbage, while PC will always be the better option, especially since DDR5 RAM is now in production

tomshardware.com/news/cadence-micron-16gb-ddr5-ram,37942.html

Keep Seething, Eric.

>this is the standard for all consoles
Not really, the PS4 used an HD 7870 equivalent, a GPU that was a year-old midrange offering by the time it launched, and slapped 8 ACE units on it.
The Xbone we don't even need to mention.
The PS4 Pro used a downclocked RX 470 equivalent etc. etc.
It's not 2006 anymore m8, consoles aren't using high-end PC parts even from a year prior to their launch.
But it's cute to see the technologically illiterate still think that tech is progressing exponentially, or even linearly.

Where's the SSD?

Fuck off back to /r/Gaming.

Is it going to have physical copies? Physical copies are the only reason I have a console, I pirate all my games on PC and buy physical copies for consoles.

Fuck off back to resetera.

Do you even think it can be fixed on fucking drivers?

>usb3 is as fast as sata
Fucking uninformed window-shopping idiot.
Even the 10gb/s protocol of USB3 is slower than sata in random access and the 5gb/s one gets BTFO by sata3 in that regard. Ffs

>Muh boogeyman

I hate that over-regimented shithole. I hate Xcucks even more, and so does everyone else.

The shit drivers don't help.
AMD's OGL drivers in particular were so shit that they literally abandoned them.
AMD seems to attract a lot of tech illiterates nowadays, I imagine because consolefags feel the need to display their stupidity.

PCfag here, Sony niggers are a cancer, as proven by this thread.
I'd take Xbots over them any day of the week.

There is absolutely zero chance the ps5 has 20 gb of ram for games. In fact below zero. Sony is not going to ever sell a 800$ console at a $200 loss again. The ps5 will be $400.

>DISCOUNT XBOX ONE X

Attached: 1546401081141.jpg (258x245, 23K)

>That much ram
Fake and gay, why does the os even need 4 gig.

>AMD seems to attract a lot of tech illiterates nowadays
you tell me

Fake and gay. Even if it was real, Microsoft already won next gen.

My radeon vii works just fine

Is 1800mhz low for gpu's? I don't ever know gpu clockspeeds since i dont overclock them often

RAM prices are supposedly going to tank in the short term future, so 24GB of RAM isn't that outlandish. I wouldn't bet on it either, though. Something like 16 is far more likely.

Falseflag harder, bitchtits.

i'd believe the hard drive especially with AAA games being so massive these days. 20GB RAM for games only is way too much though.

It probably includes everything the OS does like downloads, playstation store, trophies, possibly recording, etc. thats the only way it would make sense at least, but i shouldn't be trying to make sense of a fake leak anyways.

I have 16 and I have never even come close to saturating it, but It'll make developers so fucking lazy that we'll all have to upgrade to 32.

>PCfags don't even understand that comparing clock speeds isn't an accurate way to compare performance
god i cant imagine what your guys' builds look like. you probably fall for all the marketing tricks.

Has Phil ever delivered?

Yeah, he finally managed to kill off Dead Rising and Capcom Vancouver by pulling the funding for them.

That's it.

thats a good question. windows 10 + firefox is only using 3.3GB RAM on my computer

Nope, everyone just hate Sonyfags like you.

lmao nigga what?

>n-no u

Off yourself.

I wish you off yourself already, Eric, no one here likes you.

>Something better than 14TF at a future uarch gpu
He was already being lenient when he said it was only 400-500. The current closest is 799.

Attached: 21667CFF-097D-4F59-98C9-55DBC11E3666.jpg (452x854, 282K)

I'm pretty sure that was more Capcom's decision since they wanted to purge anything that had to do with Inafune

20 fucking gigs of RAM? I mean I like my ram bit that's overkill and a half

Hey, maybe it'll have enough fucking CPU power this time around to handle asset compression like the PS3/360 did so games are not 50-80gb.

Isn't overkill when you factor in it being shared between the CPU and GPU. Most gaming rigs nowadays are spec'd with 16gb system and 6-8gb on their gpu.

If Sony wants to push actual 4K (on medium) for PS5 they need the ram overhead to future proof it some, as far as console shit goes.

ITT: sonyfags proving they are worst fanbase yet again

Oh right, I forgot about memeK.

No. The Xbox one is not stronger than the PS4 Pro. Its weaker than the regular PS4.
You're thinking of Xbox One X.

>That classic syntax fuck-up because he's having another tantrum

Hahahaha what a little bitch.

MS' funding was keeping it ticking over. Combine that with Puzzle Fighter flopping and as soon as Phil parted ways there's no point keeping it on life support.

Don't forget Scalebound

>comes with a 4TB drive
>system reserves 1TB for itself
>all the big games are 100gb w/ 50gb of day one updates
>still a 5400rpm laptop drive

are you running 4k gayming

AMD TFlops don't match up with Nvidia Tflops, I don't know why people use TFlops as a measurement of power. Tho it works for consoles because they use AMD.
For example the GTX 1080 is ~8TFlops while the Vega 64 is ~12.5TFlops yet in games they are just about equal to eachother

I'm pretty sure that's just you, Eric.

Not only for the content of what you said, but for the way it's portrayed, are you retarded. Do you think elipses... give the idea of interior monologue... bro... so deep... it's almost like we're right in there with you...

so navi is 1080ti

I mean we still don't know anything about performance.
2 days ago there was a possible Navi benchmarks with 20CU (compute units) that was stronger than an RX580 (Between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X) which is 36CU and the Navi 20 is supposed to be in a PC APU which sounds pretty exciting.

Give me uncensored Jap games and I will buy your console

seem about right, not sure about that 14Tflops Navi though, probably 12 in PS5 and 3.2 Zen2 seem a bit low even for PS cooling, probably 3.6 that's 35w part

i'm gonna lmao if next gen reverts back to 360/ps3 era again where the nip devs rather use ms

hardware wise, doesn't matter
360 was more popular because it was easier to work with, that cell thingy scratched a lot of heads

>HDD
>Tfw in 2020 and beyond console people stare at a splash screen for 40 seconds to start a game
>This will almost certainly get worse
I seriously fucking feel for them

Attached: images (9).jpg (225x225, 6K)

pretty sure they can put SSD in for games.

well thanks user, I think YOU'RE GREAT

>AMD TFlops don't match up with Nvidia Tflops, I don't know why people use TFlops as a measurement of power. Tho it works for consoles because they use AMD.
>For example the GTX 1080 is ~8TFlops while the Vega 64 is ~12.5TFlops yet in games they are just about equal to eachother
Nvidia RTX cards also waste a large chunk of hardware on raytracing and AI related hardware, a smaller conventional GPU can deliver more TFlops.

wonder if anyone played unpatched witcher, it took up to 15 minutes to load

Attached: ArtL (43).jpg (1024x654, 151K)

>"leaks"

200+tip for that sdd friend

>pretty sure they can put SSD in for games.
Not if retarded console designers use sata 2 or a custom hdd interface again.

it's a complicated question, AMD cards are bottlenecked in front end, they got crunching numbers power higher than nvidia for a long while, but it's not realized due to how polygon drawing is set up in GCN, Navi probably an optimization again
to break this cycle they would need a huge redesign, not sure it's even possible we will faster get Intel GPUs that don't suck
this is why AMD is exciting, everyone wants a miracle, Vega on paper was that, but Koduri fucked us all and left for intel
Nvidia is very predictable, good arch-rahash-rehash-gimmick-good arch.

>HDD

Fucking why?

Attached: 1420462377484.gif (204x154, 2M)

forgot one important part, for consoles all that above crap doesn't matter because devs get direct access to that horsepower
so if navi is vega tier on a smaller scale next gen console going to hammer PCs for a little while on performance front, 360/ps3 all over again

Does it come with a ten meg pipe?

simple, cheap SSDs break more often than cheap HDDs nobody wants warranty issues and nobody wants to put SSD the price of whole console in it.

I'm gonna buy it regardless.
When I'm on a console I actually play my games.
I had one epiphany recently
>Got Dark Souls on Steam years ago
>Never played it, always felt too busy
>Got it on 360 like 6 months ago
>Played it 4 times
The first console i'll own since the 360 will almost certainly be a PS5. PC is fun but I got addicted to web browsing and repetitive shooters and honestly quit playing proper games

Attached: 1512285525088.png (756x900, 59K)

>14tf
So it's packing an RTX 2080? I hope you guys don't think this is going to cost a mere 299 - 399 because this is easily 599 tier

>Guy suggests something will happen at GDC
>Feel a twinge of hype
>Know it won't happen
November 2019 would be exactly 25 years since the launch of the PSX. But they'd have said something already if that was their target

Attached: 103816-1532336916.jpg (640x360, 27K)

12tb hdd vs 2tb ssd

sony is not coming to e3 for a reason.

I want wolf to be my daddy

>he doesn't even have a basic home theater
there should be a law that makes it legal to murder these poorfags

All these replies but literally not a single one to refute and present a detailed computation of their own. no u posters are cancer.

yes people buy multiple things

same I wish sony would into multitasking on their consoles. ever since the PS3 you constantly have to close software to do even the most basic shit whereas the 360 had basically no limitations

>no ssd
yike(s)

would like to point out that ddr6 part is probably not true, zen2 doesn't have a controller ready for anything not server

That's not what he's talking about, you're retarded sorry please cease to post

they have been because it's required for Vega to work properly. and it is good, just too expensive for consumer gaming.

Wait where can I get a 2080ti for a grand? Every place I check has it listed at $1300 or more

>easily over a $2000 because a 14tflops GPU right now is going for $999
>8core zen will cost $700 because intel fucks us in the us with theirs for $800

Who gives a fuck, a PC is still better and has better/more games.

I'm an ignorant when it comes to computer parts, but you beat me.

I never understand what teraflops means but i also never owned console. Can somebody give me a quick rundown?

2x2=4 billions times per second

=3

wat

its the new buzzword now that gigs and hurtz and cores are redundant

>AMD CPU

Attached: 1526334368082.jpg (543x537, 49K)

Probably more of that streaming/social media background features shit. Or they're making the main menu needlessly bloated and ugly as sin once again.

>he thinks monitors and tvs are two different things
lmao at this retard
it's not 1980 anymore

Retard user aside, 4GB of Ram is fucking pitiful, especially given the shit that these AAA companies are trying to force onto current gen.

navi isnt out and neither is zen2 so how do you know?
either way if the cpu is really 3.2ghz 8core i wonder what kind of heatsink they are going to have, hopefully they man up and just make the console big as fuck because 3.2ghz 16t will be a complete game changer for the 4k 60 meme

amd and nvidia tflops are not comparable

consoles don't use that much ram their os is much smaller, ps4 is running on some form of beOS
overtime they actually shrink the amount of ram use

Xbone X / GTX 1070 is 7 tflops (2016 gen)

Probably the new consoles will be about 11 to 13 tflops depending on how good Navi is

>They're going to do the exact same thing they did this gen and pour all the resources into the GPU.
>Most likely we'll be seeing a 1.9-2.2 GHz 6-core/12-thread CPU that ends up being outperformed by an Ivy Bridge i7 paired with a 7-8 TFLOP AMD GPU

That's the same tflops as Xbox One X so we know you're retarded

>Zen 2 at 3.2GHz
A desktop version goes to almost 5GHz. There's also a 12c/24t version.

Other than that, I'm liking the amount of RAM it has. No more bottlenecks. No more excuses for B*thesda to have loading screens between "cities" and caves.

>I think the most telling aspect of Navi being underwhelming is the fact that it's been delayed like a year and a half.
>People forget that Navi was originally slated for early 2018.
>It's obvious AMD is having some trouble with it.

It's delayed because manufacturing chips for console is more important than PC hobbyists

>And at the end SSD speed won't matter because all of the important stuff that need constant access would already be on the Ran memory which is way faster.
Now tell the class what has to load those assets into ram and vram, genius

considering the 20gb is used for both GPU and regular memory it shouldn't be a big issue

Theres 5 phones in my house and im a luddite

>4k@60fps
Imagine believing this.

Consoles still can't even do 1080p 60fps
What a delusional retard.

Attached: Why+do+the+french+tanks+have+a+rearview+mirror+_6c902cb4a95fb0f454fcaff4773674b3.jpg (800x800, 135K)

this nani the fuck is buying amd since it's about the same price as nvidia and worse performance, too bad nvidia fucked over ms/sony (and now nintendo)
so they get console sales

Most games are not CPU heavy because consoles have weak CPUs? Wow who would have thought?

most difficult stuff can be moved to the gpu these days

well luckily we're not all teenagers like we were when the PS3 came out so we can all afford it even if it was that much.

ATi/AMD has had the better product many times in history, but you knuckleheads keep paying for Jewvideo which is why we are in the situation we are in. And you got the nerve to blame AMD for it.

ps4 runs on 10 years old tech
ps5 will run on modern desktop hardware
that's how far it stepped up in recent years without anyone noticing.

Like what? Definitely not physics, unit numbers and AI, because they've stagnated for years.

about AI, it didn't stagnate, it's a design choice, I wish devs took their time to make AI interesting on harder difficulties

Exactly. We can look at the consoles like, OK, finally they removed some bottlenecks that have been plaguing the industry for over a decade, and then go buy PC.

m8
you need a 2080Ti with RTX off to achieve 4k 60fps.
And thats £1,200 for the GPU alone.

Don't fucking kid yourself. You'll get 4k 24fps at best.

youtube.com/watch?v=S2jTYM7c7q0
also isn't ai deep learning using cuda

m8, you don't know how anything works so shut up

It's a "design choice" on paper because the real reason is that hardware is limited.

Of course they are going to make everything look favorably to them. It's like Ubisoft saying Beyond Good and Evil needs always online for seamless streaming, never mind that's just a bullshit excuse to have DRM and microtransactions.

The industry is interested in making money and cutting corners, not making good games.

So this means the leaked Xbox consoles will be more powerful than the PS5? New Xbox 360 era coming boys

These consoles make me super hyped up.

For PC. It's the best time to say fuck consoles and go full PC.

Attached: 1550271039743.png (717x1016, 405K)

This looks weaker
Though tech illiterate

Yes, the Xbox Arcade may even be more powerful at a lower price. If both the Arcade and Pro are both stronger and cost less than the PS5, next gen will be over.

A new PC era of being more ahead of consoles than ever before coming!

AI was more interesting in 00s FPS games than it's now, it is a design choice.
Honestly AI doesn't take much, we call it AI but it actually scripts, it doesn't actually react to anything player does, it follow procedures embedded into it and they are pretty simple procedures

Explain
The Lochhart has 4+ TF NAVI and the Anaconda only has 12+NAVI

Intel's new 3D stacked CPUs are coming. Will BTFO everyone like Conroe did.

youtube.com/watch?v=26EzYDBNwLU

At the moment it's a $1000+ PC.
By the end of the year it will be a $700-$800 PC.
But remember the Carmack

Attached: Carmack.png (568x337, 37K)

my 1080ti can do 4k60