youtube.com/watch?v=VF-lCmMlZAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xR6NuulmmDY
youtube.com/watch?v=GeOSWLGKuaE
youtu.be/goc352dEt1c?t=180
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

you can't bump your own thread like that, silly

man fuck this board

Serious question: do people unironically believe that the N64 is a better console than the playstation? I simply cannot understand that opinion, no matter how classic the handful of worthwhile games it has are.

Graphics are shit. Looks like a ps2 game, what is it?

...are you serious right now?

elder scrolls 3; it's before skyrim and before your time, zoomer

Jet Force Gemini is pure kino

MY NIGGA

this, nice minecraft mod loser

From a technical standpoint the N64 was miles better. The PS1 was a 2D console that did a shitty job of playing 3d games.

The entire generation has aged like a rancid pack of lunch meat in the back of a refrigierator though. Ocarina of Time is one of the only games from that era that's even worth playing at all.

Attached: mario-e1479352495185.jpg (788x444, 58K)

i owned zelda and never played it LOL mario crew#

This was a good game but i can't replay it for some reason. It takes too long to unlock the good levels I guess

I just played perfect dark for the first time on perfect agent and I thought it was pretty good.

No. Star Fox 64 holds up the best out of any N64 game. Ocarina of Time is playable and all, but it does not hold up after all these years, even the 3DS version has annoying, imprecise movement

no

Attached: 419077-AAFV.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

This guy gets it.

MM>>>>>>>OoT

Attached: 1551988634496.jpg (465x700, 42K)

Based ogre battle bro

too much money in this game and WW ?

You literally didn't have a childhood if you didn't play Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, Goemon's Great Adventure, Road Rash 64, Space Station Silicon Valley, Bomberman 64 The Second Attack, Buck Bumble, and Mischief Makers.

I liked majoras mask but desu it's just so recycled. Theres barely any actual original content in it, all the puzzles are recycled. And there basically no progression in the gear. Its really short too, the only reason it feels longer is because you want to get every mask for fierce diety.

>Majora's mask
>Super Mario 64
>SSB
>Mario Party games
>Mischief Makers
>Harvest Moon 64
>Banjo games

Deku mask = slingshot
Goron mask = strength gloves + megaton hammer + fire tunic
Zora mask = iron boots + boomerang + water tunic

youtube.com/watch?v=VF-lCmMlZAQ
any of you cool dorks?

where my bomberman niggas at

Attached: bomberman 643.webm (1280x720, 1.77M)

I know all that but still...I liked oot because its story was better too. It was so dramatic and when i first played it the plot twists were crazy.

xtreme-g 2
forsaken 64
hexen

Attached: hybrid heaven.jpg (250x173, 23K)

>manofculture.jpg

Single Player Majora's Mask/Chameleon Twist 1 and 2
Multiplayer Bomberman 64/Jet Force Jemini/Gauntlet Legends
Honorable mentions to Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Yoshi's Story and Star Fox 64

Attached: 1546977095469.jpg (1200x1200, 152K)

>hook shot AND long shot
Is this a dev build screenshot?

>he thinks games can age

Attached: 1551731854082.jpg (600x715, 35K)

how can you guys forget goldeneye

N64 has some real hidden gems and unique games. It also has one of the most underrated 3D fighters ever with a great soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=xR6NuulmmDY

Attached: Strange or unusual N64 games.jpg (920x920, 315K)

Come on, it's a figure of speech. The games might not have changed, but standards sure have. If pretty much any N64 or PS1 game were released today, absolutely no one would give a fuck. They would end up at the bottom of the trash heap of shitty Steam asset flips. Controls, graphics, gameplay, and story are nowhere close to modern standards of what are considered good. The only reason people like most games from era is nostalgia.

>zelda
>good
>ever
y i k e s
i k e s y
k e s y i
e s y i k
s y i k e

N64 was a shitty piece of hardware, glad it didn't have much success
It was almost as bad as the virtual boy

Shitty compared to what? It was vastly superior to the PS1 and Saturn, its two main competitors.

YEah? because of those blocky textures and expensive ram along with shitty cartridges with space that was not enough to use the hardware? at least ps1 despite having shittier specs had massive storage instead.
And you also had to use memory packs to save your fucking games, which was bullshit.

How come not a single mention of games like Perfect Dark (top 4 player entertainment that gen hands down) and Smash 64, shame on all of you.

Begone you loadingtimes loving brainlet

>They would end up at the bottom of the trash heap of shitty Steam asset flips
Not really. Even mediocre games from back in the day are works of pure genius compared to the average indie game these days.

>5 FPS

SONY ALWAYS WINS, DUMB NINTEDIE
WE EVEN HAVE A SONG
youtube.com/watch?v=GeOSWLGKuaE

PS1 literally hard a hardware level bug that caused texture warp. And cartridges are technologically superior to disks. Disks were the reason for the PS1's godawful load times.

Attached: aGc8WTE.jpg (564x1166, 152K)

(((WE)))
NINTENDIE??? I couldnt care less which console does what, I use all off em and PC so I can be objective about a consoles pros and cons seeing as I dont have all my eggs in one basket so to speak but with that said if one console offers cartridges instead of optic media then thats just a walkover.
Shame that cartridges are more or less dead (SD is kind of a spiritual successor I guess)

In short: PS1 can suck it

>Space Station Silicon Valley
My fucking nigger. Played the absolute shit out of that game. It’s the kind of game that would NEVER get made in today’s gaming environment
>tfw the game has a single major bug that prevents you from actually getting 100% in it

Too bad the N64 still used garbage ass poo ass cartridges so the games still looked like shit.

My nigger!
The 90s was wonderful and the internet wasnt cluttered with retards (wwent downhill fast around -05/-06, now its literal cancer) and poorfags didnt even have 100/100 fibre around the millenia, pure bliss.

It wasn't even the best Zelda game on the N64.

banjo kazooie
yoshi story
mario 64
starfox

The games are more fun to go back and play. They are works of art and not outdated like PS1 games.

You obviously have no ideaa of what you are talking about seeing as cartidges was superior too say the least, /tech/ got a little better in time for PS2 but it was still inferior in regards to loading times and noise to name a couple of big issues.

64 > ps1
ps2 >>> both

Nintendo was right to stick with the cartridges at the time, but their joystick design was atrocious. ps1 had some interesting games, but the laser disc technology was just too young and caused much headaches for many consumers. ps2 improved and made ninetendos mini disc gametube look like a joke.

>the games still looked like shit.

Attached: Turok 3 opening.webm (640x480, 2.92M)

True but to play the devils advocate a bit the control schemes are horrible on some games like Jet Force Gemini for example due to the single analog stick, even though I love quite a few games from that gen some are just too hard to go back to and thouroghly enjoy.

PS1 was just as bad but arguably worse due to no Z-trigger

Looks like Devil May Cry.

Unironically no

Nobody cares about Turok, Duke Nukem was fun in split screen though

I forgot how fucking fun the multiplayer in Bomberman64 was

Kino!

▲ ▲

>Body Harvest

Bless you nigger

I still like playing Rocket. The music is pretty relaxing.

>big, bland, empty field
>nothing to do
>same five enemies over and over
>no point in using the strongest weapon because it breaks after ten uses
Remind me why people praise this shit again?

I like you user.

Attached: 1550431582067.png (275x326, 110K)

This is an OOT thread though, if you want to talk about BOTW you should probably make a new thread for it.

>>no point in using the strongest weapon because it breaks after ten uses
cheeky

Attached: top bloke.png (639x681, 196K)

youtu.be/goc352dEt1c?t=180

>f-zero x
>0 results

user everyone knows people with good taste don't post in Yea Forums

Attached: 1543866196172.gif (500x379, 876K)

>Your faces when

Attached: 1499127769754.jpg (583x616, 29K)

OOT didn’t have any plot twists.

>do people unironically believe that the N64 is a better console
Not with textures like that
It can look impressive if it runs at 5fps!

SNES was top F-ZERO get over it..

Nah, N64 was a good console. Not as good as the PS1 but still very solid.

F-Zero X is super underrated.

Nigger pls

Attached: mk_n64vsPS1.png (1272x584, 397K)

>A minimal difference
HOW CAN PS1 FAGS EVER RECOVER?!!!?!?!??!?!?!?

I played this shit out of that gameol

One of the best MP of all time

>no depth other than blast turning
no

Forced texture filtering is literally satan.

Wave Race shits all over OOT.

Yeah okay user, I'm sure you have way more fun playing Evergrace, Blast Corps and War Gods than your "average indie game" like Jotun, Everything and Slap City.

I got silicon valley vibes from the bit of mario odyssey I played. he throws his hat at enemies and then you get to play as the enemy wearing a mario hat.

Sony got the discs right, but got everything else wrong. Developing for PS2 was pure hell. That and PS2 phats had a rather high failure rate relative to Gamecube.

I broke my n64 trying to solder a toggle switch to change the clock speed

Not him, but yeah. It doesn't help that you named some really fun games like Blast Corps.

I like the PS1 but the N64 has a much more solid library that's not completely filled to the brim with shovelware.

What kind of faggot wouldn't have more fun playing those games? Indie games suck.

>It only matters when I want it to

Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1/2/3
Banjo & Kazooie
Diddy's Kong racing
Ocarina of time
Majoras Mask
Pokemon snap
Pokemon Stadium 1/2
Hey you pikachu
Smash bros
Star fox 64
Paper Mario

That's just naming off some of the first party titles and Rare games

Left is better

Attached: 1552368702477624395685.png (1282x591, 616K)

nah:

- Pilotwings64
- Stadium 2
- Glover
- Mario Golf
- Episode I: Racer
- Somari 64
- Excitebike 64

Attached: f5caeee3ca3260f08d10451d2c3fb0d3a807230aa24c4adf68f8a8686bab888f.jpg (480x254, 12K)

I don't know, maybe realize that different people like different things? I say this as someone who likes his PS2, PS1 games were largely not fun to me. I enjoyed a handful, but that's it. That's not to say SNES wasn't better than both, because it was. Everything after the 4th gen took a step backwards.

>mar-
stopped reading there. BING BING WAHOO nice """game))) ninteddlor :(

Wave Race

Attached: p9x601bi9zj21.jpg (1024x703, 74K)

N64 had most of the top tier 5th gen games. PS1 had more 7-8/10 games.

Mario party is a turd, enjoy your broken sticks
Hey you pikachu only works for fucking americans, it is worthless for the rest of the planet

user.... Are you unironically blind, there is no shame for an untermensch to get glasses, we spot ppl like you either waayy, you cant hid without glasses so just embrace your inner worthlessness like your beloved PS1 did..

You have never played Evergrace or War Gods.
Also Blast Corps is shit.

There's even less of a difference between games today when comparing the Xbox and PS4, but for some reason sony fagboys couldn't stop talking about how much more powerful their toy is.

Holy shit how wrong can one post be? You're an absolute fucking retard. Take your (you) and leave.

I'm gonna play Evergrace right now, the soundtrack is pure kino.

>broken sticks
nigga what the fuck are you talking about? Mario Party breaks the skin open? it doesn't break the sticks

shut your whore mouth

that is until Xbox One X came out, then they fucking clammed up about it. Whatever is convenient for them at the moment, they'll use.

They break from having to rotate them plenty in those shitty mini games

>good

Attached: CADDC21D-CE50-46CA-93B8-77E1F12B061A.jpg (646x580, 163K)

That music sounds like Goemon as fuck.

Smeared never looks better, nearest neighbor every day

wave race 64 is fun

sneed

>enjoy broken sticks
My n64 is still alive and kicking at a friends house. The original controller still works perfectly but the control stick is a bit loose.
Also I'm Canadian and hey you pikachu worked fine.
It works for all English countries, which obviously isn't a problem for you since you know the language unless your Scottish or something.

If Nintendo 64 didn't lose all the third parties + got ports of Square RPGs it would have been better in the end. As it stands, PlayStation wins out mostly because of the sheer number of quality games. Same as GameCube vs. PS2, really. GameCube may have had higher peaks, but you just can't compare with the number of great games PS2 had.

Well fucking clearly, because MML meant to have a crisp 90s anime style

Attached: file.png (285x173, 19K)

What is Rareware?
PS1 has a few 7-8/10 titles but frankly the hardware was crap wwhich hindered good developement plus lacking quality control and the poor choice of optic media was a blunder as it just cant compete with cartridges which granted requires more skill from programmers, especially in those days optic media jjust wasnt good enough which it also isnt today.

>no matter how classic the handful of worthwhile games it has are.
soooo.... you want us to tell you the reasons why it's better without being able to say the reasons? What the fucking hell?

Attached: 300.jpg (500x291, 23K)

I played the fuck out of the second one.

The 64 has all kinds of hardware problems. It should be superior on every front but Ninty chose to cheap out on vital components like they always do and held the console back.

OP btfo

Smash was also good if you had friends.

Rareware made like half of the best N64 games for sure but they didn't make 50 games. You're either an N64 fanboy or otherwise biased if you think the PS1 doesn't have more good games than the N64.

Such as...??
Personally havent had any issues oother than sticks hanging due to excessive Mario Party but its easily fixed by unscrewing and fixing the controller but it was just a temporary problem and considering the hours they lasted longer than ps4 and xbone sticks...
Sooooo which hardware issues??

That's not Star Fox 64.

You need to go back.

Sometimes we do need to quarantine shit opinions to a garbage thread like this, thanks OP

WCW/nWo Revenge is the greatest wrestling game of all time

Attached: IMG_0019.png (220x152, 96K)

Grew up with a Playstation. There's very little that withstood the test of time and doesn't feel like jank ass shit nowadays playing on the original hardware.
>Twisted Metal games
>Mega Man X games
>Spyro trilogy
>Crash 3
>Namco Museums

>implying crash 2 doesn't hold up
>no mgs
>no mega man legends or 8
>no CTR
>no final fantasy
>no ape escape

Attached: IMG_0020.jpg (640x439, 61K)

Doom 64

Sure there were good PS1 games but the thing is I have a hard time remembering any other than like FFVII, RE, Wipeout, Crash and a couple others but most of the games I remember were mostly meh or ok but N64 I cant seem too forget most of the games I played..
Sure I might be a bit biased seeing as I dispised any and all loadingtimes (therefor I do not care for optic media), love split screen and the more splits the merrier, I simply couldnt get in to the whole PS1 meme because I saw gaming as something social with friends and PS just didnt work for 6-10 ppl taking turns.

I recognize my view is a bit subjective but when it comes to graphics and performance noone can argue with the fact that the 64 was simply just better..

What is this Nintendo fanboy revisionism?

The N64 had like 20 worthwhile games, meanwhile the PS1 had over a hundred if not more, with plenty of those being absolute 10/10s. There were much more varied and unique titles on the PS1 as well, with every genre being well covered. The N64 was extremely lacking in genre diversity, something like 1 in 5 titles was a racing game. The PS1 shmup library alone makes it better than the N64.

Attached: 1433-johumgkifg.jpg (470x343, 23K)

based

PS1 was the SJWs of the 90s then, AHA!

The N64 is complete ass but nostalgia and nintendofaggotry has blinded many people. N64 wasn't even good during it's day, and has aged like milk.

My biggest problem with the N64 is how anti-aliasing seemed to be built into the hardware and every fucking game seemed to use it, so playing those games on anything but CRT and making them look good is a hassle.

It had better games and heaps more quality control

Thats why you keep a good old 90" CRT for older gens

>bump

Attached: 1552147786252.jpg (494x458, 21K)

>better games

Attached: 1552302085874.png (314x274, 2K)

You mean bilinear filtering right because all games on the N64 have their textures filtered?

>make a folder for Playstation roms
>it sits empty

Yeah, whatever. The thing that makes it so you can't just see the pixels or whatever. Words are hard.

>emulation
get lost

do you know who jonas salk was?
he was the jewish scientist that cured polio. he created the march of dimes to raise millions to fund his research.
polio was a crippling and deadly disease putting children all over the world into a wheelchair or an early grave. the vaccine for polio was one of the greatest medical achievements of the last century. its a globally essential medicine.
and this guy jonas salk?
he could have made billions from it. he could have patented it and made actual billions of dollars.
you know what he did? he waived the patent. he gave up billions just to make sure as many people who could be helped got the help they needed. he became a celeb after that even though he hated it. truly a great man and he left the world a better place than he came into it.

If I had a choice between polio existing in the USA/world and jews. I would choose polio every single time and twice on sundays. I would infect myself with polio and tour america spreading the disease in a custom built wheelchair or crutches if it meant all the jews and their influence were excised from my country like the cancer they are.
polio is nothing compared to the harmful effects of jews on the USA and world.I would give anything to live in a world where our biggest problem was building access ramps and compliance with the civil disabilities act.

that sounds like hyperbole. it is not. 100% authentic feelings. I cant sleep at night anymore. I wish I never started questioning things. I wish I was still a dumb rube out there able to laugh at things instead of a woke misanthrope. I envy the dumb.

Attached: depression.jpg (1024x725, 72K)

i do get lost, in a world of free games

Here is a list of N64 games I enjoy:

1080 snowboarding
Banjo Kazooie
Battle Tanx
Blast Corps
Body Harvest
Cruisin USA and sequels
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64
F-Zero X
Fighting Force 64
Goldeneye
Loz: Ocarina and Majora
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1-3
Mario Tennis
Mystical Ninja 64
Perfect Dark
Rampage(both)
Snowboard Kids 1&2
Star Fox 64
Shadows of the Empire
Super Mario 64
Smash
THPS 1-3
Turok
Wave Race
WCW World Tour and Revenge
WWF Wrestlemania and No Mercy

There's a bunch of others I like a little like Mission Impossible and Doom 64 but whatever.

>Fighters Destiny

That was one hell of a game. The Joker was the best character and managed to have a lot of personality in a a game whose roster admittedly lacked it. Phenomenal theme too, and he had neat art on the cards.

Attached: Comfy Sunning Animal.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

you realize it was made entirely in like 18 months, they had to cut some corners yes. still an amazing game.

fighter's destiny was better than tekken games and street fighter II

Attached: snapshot_20.01_[2016.12.24_06.35.07].png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

man, i hated it as a kid, maybe i should give it another chance.