What's the general consensus on Halo 2? Single player only

What's the general consensus on Halo 2? Single player only.

Attached: halo-2.jpg (500x625, 78K)

unironically the 2nd worst halo game. they straight up lied to us about the actual story and that cliffhanger is the biggest fuck you in gaming. still not as bad as halo 5 though, fuck 343 for not giving us poncho chief

Lol dual wielding bro
Now your an alien lol
Remember those annoying sentinel robots from CE, yeah a fuckton of those
Oh and flying insect guys too

I like the part where you beat the shit out of the alien pope

And oh yeah more flood

Covenant carbine is based

Unironically the best halo campaign. Blows the lore and story wide open, arby is the second best character in the series, the dialogue and VA (especially by the Truth voice actor who was replaced in Halo 3) is top notch. Greatest variation in the gameplay, best environments, most unique map designs ranging from claustrophobic corridors to wide open vistas. Oh and soundtrack featuring Breaking Benjamin and Incubus

Halo 3 is my fav in the series but 2 had the best campaign by far.

it was ludo

Absolutely no taste. Halo 2 had the best story in any Halo game

Attached: 1550967019266.jpg (571x803, 52K)

good story but terrible levels

How? Halo 2 has some of the longest and enemy dense levels in the series. Levels like Sacred Icon and Gravemind just goes on and on

It's fantastic, only surpassed by Halo 3.

it's a dumbass difficulty & you're weak, the MASTER CHIEF shouldn't hide behind corners like a little bitch

Haven't got to 3 yet. I'm borrowing an Xbox one and the master chief collection. I'm liking 2 way better than CE so far. I'm enjoying the arbiter bits.

That's your fault for not being good enough to survive legendary without being a bitch boy
Also how does difficulty have anything to do with the levels in the game?

While probably not the best story-wise, gameplay-wise and level design-wise it was fucking fantastic.

It definetly has a better pacing than CE, which hasn't aged that very well.

everything halo 1 did well i think halo 2 did better for the most part. i think halo 3 was a bit more ambitious at certain times, but that probably has more to do with the hardware. That said halo 3 i dont like aesthetically for some reason. 2 i think looks the best.

>waaaa you're bad at the game!
The difficulty was so bad that they had to fix it for 3 & onwards. The game was rushed in a year & it shows.

fuck jackal snipers

I miss being impressed by shit like DUEL WIELDING in video games.

I will never get over how Truth's VA was replaced. I understand that he wasn't available to reprise the role, but did they really need to pick someone to do a TOTALLY different voice and personality for him?

The player's skill is subjective, & the levels were clearly designed with the CE shield & enemies in mind.

This, the fact that they would sideline Chief in both games put both at the bottom for me, Arbiter and Locke should have been spin-off games.

Cutscenes were great

Halo 5 also had this problem which is also a reason Halo 5 sits at the bottom when it comes to mainline Halo campaigns.

I tried it but bleh.
Maybe I need context from halo 1, but I just didn't like the little of halo 2 I played.
I got lost (probably 100% my fault since I suck at anything even remotely open world)
And I wasn't even m chief I was some alien loser.
And the guns seemed to run out of ammo quickly but again, that one is probably me missing 80% of my shots

>bitching about being the arbiter in a first person game
BOO HOO MY HUD IS PURPLE
dude you got a fucking cloaking field instead of a twink ass little flashlight
arbiter is BASED

At least halo 2 had a compelling narrative, expansions on the lore, & likable characters.
Halo 5 has none of that.

FUCK guilty spark

>vista exclusive.
Its shit.

I'd back away far from the screen during that cutscenes where you meet Gravemind. I was afraid I'd see him in the bathroom.

>getting lost
>in the most linear halo

Attached: 10568272.jpg (800x522, 86K)

*Oracle

Yeah see.
I'm not kidding when I say I suck with directions.
It's a miracle I can find my way to the restroom most of the time.

Halo 2 was boring. It has its moments but they're all with Master Chief, just like Halo 5.

>game has two main characters
>their stories are completely separate from one another and they almost never cross paths
I love this sort of thing. What other games do this?

Hating on the Arbiter sections is literally the most brainlet thing possible.

Arbiter sections added so much fucking lore to the games and provideda different perspective. Then you fucking autists bitched at it and we didn't get any of that shit besides the fart that was Halo 3 lore. Watching Halo 2 behind the scenes stuff about all the covenant shit that had to be cut and what they wanted to explore in the future still makes me upset.

arbiter is my favorite character of the games, he's more human and relateable than the spartans, even master chief, don't know why people hate him so much

This guy gets it